Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 599405 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

Since: Jan 08

Location hidden

#469371 Aug 7, 2013
Tony17 wrote:
<quoted text>Foolish woman. I couldn't care less what I look like in the forum's eyes. I'm only concerned with what I look like in Gods eyes. Fortunately for me,how I look in Gods eyes isn't up to you to decide.
the Bible has made it very clear as to what a demonic person like you looks like in His eyes.

LOST!!!!!!!!!!

“YESHUA IS LORD”

Since: Apr 07

GAWGIA (GEORGIA)

#469372 Aug 7, 2013
atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>the Bible has made it very clear as to what a demonic person like you looks like in His eyes.
LOST!!!!!!!!!!
The Lord of Hosts rebuke you, ya lying spirit.

“YESHUA IS LORD”

Since: Apr 07

GAWGIA (GEORGIA)

#469373 Aug 7, 2013
marge wrote:
<quoted text>
Your like a unregenerated child to us Tony, like I said Wake Up, noboby is agreeing with you. Your Not right with God.
I am overjoyed that you guys don't agree with me or speak well of me because of what I read in Luke 6:26. As long as you disagree with me then I know I must be doing something right because were I a false prophet then you'd be patting me on the back and giving me kudos etc,as they were shown to have done for the false prophets in LUKE 6:26. We are taught to beware when men speak well of you.

Godsword is just chocked full of wisdom isn't it?

“Love much, trust none”

Since: Jul 11

There

#469375 Aug 8, 2013
marge wrote:
<quoted text>
What would be the reason for not believing people are only 5700 years old?
And what would be the purpose for the earth being older than that?
Why do you take a myth over reality ?

Oh, I forgot. You're a Christian.

Nevermind.

Enjoy your Zombie fantasies.
hojo

Minneapolis, MN

#469376 Aug 8, 2013
hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
I have chosen Salvation in Jesus Christ ---- and Jesus chose Peter to be HIS Earthly Representative to lead HIS One True Apostolic Catholic Church, until HE returns again, for the second time!! You, Confrinting, have demonstrated to EVERY ONE ELSE on this forum that the ONLY thing you chose are a bunch of "(cherry picked) listing" of bible verses that are quoted, then misquoted and then mis-interpeted with editorialized "rhetoric that are "laced with your anti-catholic twisted, manipulated false interpretations....... Your previous post is a perfect example: when you said: "Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ and you will be saved"!---Show us all how the "devil" who ALSO BELIEVES in Jesus Christ is now saved!!

:o)

blah-blah-blah!!

TRUTH-TRUTH-TRUTH--and more --TRUTH-TRUTH-TRUTH
Clay

United States

#469377 Aug 8, 2013
confrinting with the word wrote:
<quoted text>
So you are saying that Jesus lied when he said...
Joh_5:39 Search the scriptures; for in them ye think ye have eternal life: and they are they which testify
Its just not possible that Jesus was implying that humanity needed to search the scriptures for the truth of His Ministry.
And if He did, He probably should have told us which scriptures. We have more scripture than you. And when Jesus said that, no two Jewish sects had the same amount of scriptures anyway.

That's a reckless justification on your part- by implying that John 5:39 gave you the authority to determine Our Lords will. How much more data do you need to show that sola scripture is a doctrinal disaster?
Truth

Leesburg, VA

#469378 Aug 8, 2013
New Age Spiritual Leader wrote:
<quoted text>
Incorrect - Gnosticism is a journey into understanding not only how the physical world plays with our minds/consciousness/Spirit/Sel f, but also teaches us how to understand the ethereal and esoteric of the spiritual path.
To understand the sublime will help prepare one for the sublime.
Understanding is just part of it, as actually understanding it when the day arrives to use what you have learned is more of a distinct difference to Christianity. And again, it requires, like Christianity, for one to "practice" their belief openly. Unfortunately, honesty seems to be a negatively looked upon within Christianity, in order to truly understand this theology.
If one were to utilize all of Jesus, one also realizes that Jesus also spoke of the same.
It really isn't that hard to understand.
Gnostic writings contradict biblical doctrine.
Truth

Leesburg, VA

#469379 Aug 8, 2013
New Age Spiritual Leader wrote:
<quoted text>
When one does not have a goal in life, focus is lost and they will become dizzy.
Meditate. Listen to some Zen music and then Chant...."ohm res-ist-or....ohm res-ist-or"....
:oP
Seriously - take a brake from it all and some learn something new. If you have never read anything on the Incas. Very interesting. Same goes for the Sumerians. I recommend Zecharia Stitchen and his books. Sometimes you can find them available in the local public library.
http://www.sitchin.com/
<quoted text>
We all have a "broad" set of beliefs. Many may say they are similar - for one or two items, but for the most part, we all believe differently in some sense of that phrase.
To gain knowledge is always beneficial. One just needs to learn to understand the knowledge to make it become truly beneficial.
<quoted text>
Opinions are good - we humans love to discuss, huh? We like to be right, wrong, maybe, on-the-fence, and just plain ol' on-lookers....but even these characteristics, are just opinions of ourselves - expressed in a mannerism to promote discussion.
Being open-minded is good. IMO - It adds a good quality to a person's "outward appearance".
<quoted text>
:o)
I'm pretty much a humble kind of guy. Thanks for the metaphysical compliment...*smiles*.....but it is not necessary.
*winks*
Hinduism is another notable belief that does wonders for the mind and how one sees the world.
Gnosticism did not originate with Christianity.
Chuck

Dublin, OH

#469381 Aug 8, 2013
Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, no-He said the Gates of Hell wouldn't prevail against it.
My question to Anthony was to give an example where Peter lifted up Jesus.

Anthony obviously couldn't find an example so he put a spin on it like him and his buddy Clay always do and said:

He was the Rock on which Jesus built his Church.
Dan

Omaha, NE

#469382 Aug 8, 2013
Chuck wrote:
<quoted text>
Anthony obviously couldn't find an example so he put a spin on it like him and his buddy Clay always do and said:
Well, unless you're asking for some evidence where Peter actually "lifted" Jesus up, like so He could reach a coffee cup on the top shelf or something similar, I'd say that Peter being head of His Church on Earth served to "lift Him up".

Ministers "lift up" Christ, do they not?
Chuck

Dublin, OH

#469383 Aug 8, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
Its just not possible that Jesus was implying that humanity needed to search the scriptures for the truth of His Ministry.
Matt 4:4 But he answered,“It is written,
"Man shall not live by bread alone,
but by every word that comes from the mouth of God.’”

**Talking about the Word of God Clay.

You're a clown
Dan

Omaha, NE

#469384 Aug 8, 2013
Chuck wrote:
<quoted text>
Whether or not you believe that Christ made St. Peter earthly head of the Church, he WAS martyred.

That seems to be an example that satisfies your inquiry, right?
Chuck

Dublin, OH

#469385 Aug 8, 2013
Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, unless you're asking for some evidence where Peter actually "lifted" Jesus up, like so He could reach a coffee cup on the top shelf or something similar, I'd say that Peter being head of His Church on Earth served to "lift Him up".
Ministers "lift up" Christ, do they not?
Anthony couldn't find an example either.

and if Anthony did have an example, he would have posted it...don't you think...me too.

His Church of Earth...sigh

So Jesus (who hates sin) started a church which is full of sin, here on earth...yeah
newsphotos

AOL

#469386 Aug 8, 2013

Revelation's FALSE PROPHET ....In Plain View

Dan

Omaha, NE

#469387 Aug 8, 2013
Chuck wrote:
<quoted text>
Matt 4:4 But he answered,“It is written,
"Man shall not live by bread alone,
but by every word that comes from the mouth of God.’”
**Talking about the Word of God Clay.
You're a clown
I think Clay meant that He didn't simply dispatch us to ferret through it as to hopefully glean what He wants us to know.

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 53:1.--6 "MATT 10:27"

#469388 Aug 8, 2013
Tony17 wrote:
<quoted text>Sweetheart I am blessed already. I'm blessed in my fiances,in my life,in my family and my friends,in my health etc, etc, etc. Most of all I am blessed in my Father's word. In fact I am so blessed in my Fathers word so much so that He has allowed me to possess such a deeper grasp of His word that I am able to teach the so called preachers on this forum.
God has allowed me to make an open show of them when it comes to """"RIGHTL Y DIVIDING THE WORD OF GOD"""" ". I am most likely the most blessed person on this forum.
~~~

The presumptuousness and assumptions that you feed on and evidently

aspire to teach are trivia and figments of vain imaginations

that confuse and feed and entertain the carnal minded.

They cannot be proven by the word of God and are in no way essential to

God's eternal plan of salvation...They are inconsequential and are

comparable to feeding sawdust to a starving world.

They are not knowledge but only bits and pieces of confused

misinformation time consuming foolishness. after one has heard them

it is like listening to, or reading the comics.

waste of time
Chuck

Dublin, OH

#469389 Aug 8, 2013
Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
Whether or not you believe that Christ made St. Peter earthly head of the Church, he WAS martyred.
That seems to be an example that satisfies your inquiry, right?
Peter was a godly man who served the Lord. No different than any born again Christian of today.

The 12 Disciples were sinners just like you and I. Why do you folks insist they are so much better than the born again Christians of today.
Dan

Omaha, NE

#469390 Aug 8, 2013
Chuck wrote:
<quoted text>
Anthony couldn't find an example either.
and if Anthony did have an example, he would have posted it...don't you think...me too.
His Church of Earth...sigh
So Jesus (who hates sin) started a church which is full of sin, here on earth...yeah
It's "on" Earth, Chuck. "on".

Ministry and/or martyrdom do not lift up Christ?

Please explain.

Also tell us why you believe that Christ did not establish His church (any Church will do) on Earth. Any He would have established would be "full of sin", as all adherents would be "sinners".

Thanks in advance.
Dan

Omaha, NE

#469391 Aug 8, 2013
Chuck wrote:
<quoted text>
Peter was a godly man who served the Lord. No different than any born again Christian of today.
The 12 Disciples were sinners just like you and I. Why do you folks insist they are so much better than the born again Christians of today.
Peter was an Apostle, he baptized, ordained, evangelized and was martyred for his faith, and many Christians believe that he was made head of Christ's church on earth by Christ.

I don't think the average born-again Christian has that resume.

I think that the 12 Apostles are deserving of merit as Christ chose them Himself. I typically lean toward giving Christ His due for people He deems special.

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 53:1.--6 "MATT 10:27"

#469392 Aug 8, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
And if He did, He probably should have told us which scriptures. We have more scripture than you. And when Jesus said that, no two Jewish sects had the same amount of scriptures anyway.
That's a reckless justification on your part- by implying that John 5:39 gave you the authority to determine Our Lords will. How much more data do you need to show that sola scripture is a doctrinal disaster?
YOU WROTE

That's a reckless justification on your part- by implying that John 5:39 gave you the authority to determine Our Lords will.

YOUR ABOVE REMARK IS THE REASON THAT I BELIEVE YOU ARE AN INFIDEL.

WHEN YOU TAKE THE WORD OF GOD AND SUBJECT IT TO YOU CARNAL REFASHIONING

AND PSEUDO LOGIC

You deny the authority of the Son of God..

Which is

"THE FIRST AND THE LAST."

THE AUTHOR AND FINISHER OF OUR FAITH..

Rev_1:17 And when I saw him, I fell at his feet as dead. And he laid his right hand upon me, saying unto me, Fear not;

==>I am the first and the last:

Heb_12:2 Looking unto Jesus

==>the author and finisher of our faith;

who for the joy that was set before him endured the cross, despising the shame, and is set down at the right hand of the throne of God.

YOU DENY THE RECORD THAT GOD GAVE OF HIS SON...AND ATTEMPT
TO EDIT IT. To fit your conjecture...

1Jn_5:10 He that believeth on the Son of God hath the witness in himself: he that believeth not God hath made him a liar;

==> because he believeth not the record that God gave of his Son.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News What Divides Catholics and Protestants? (Apr '08) 41 min Catholic24 84,271
News Pope Francis Affirms Evolution and Big Bang Theory 4 hr Paul Porter1 213
News United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) 7 hr Gee Tee 9,601
News Hispanics energized by Argentinian pope's first... Mon tomin cali 1
News Philippines and Vatican release Pope Francis po... (Mar '14) Jul 26 pazuzu 91
News Pope previews long-awaited climate letter Jul 25 pazuzu 14
News Poll: US views of Francis dim; a plunge in appr... Jul 24 Bug Spray 20
More from around the web