Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 670533 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

“What are you looking at?”

Since: Jan 08

Albuquerque, NM

#469608 Aug 8, 2013
Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
Can't provide it, I gather.
Thought not.
Oh I proved it - over and over again. You feeble mind jsut can't seem to grasp it.
Dan

Omaha, NE

#469609 Aug 8, 2013
New Age Spiritual Leader wrote:
<quoted text>
Now, now....you are mixing to actions.
One you stated that priests have the authority, and now, like I prophecized, you added yet another qualifier to his role.
You are a fraud.
He had authority as a priest. I never said otherwise.

He was excommunicated.

He denied apostolic authority in his new theology. His adherents (Lutherans) denied it also and did not ordain ministers with that authority.

Please point out the "fraud".

Thanks in advance.
Dan

Omaha, NE

#469610 Aug 8, 2013
<quoted text>
Odd, don't you think, in that I asked you to do the same thing, and you have yet to post that response. But your refusal to do so, does not impact oyou from requesting it from others.
Gotcha.
*sighs*
"to know yourself is to know the kingdom of God."
Looks like you still have a ways to go.
Odd indeed as you haven't, in fact, made such a request of me.
Dan

Omaha, NE

#469611 Aug 8, 2013
<quoted text>
I understand your dismay Dan, you prefer to just gloss over the semantics and the details that really make a difference.
Most Catholics and so-called "Christians" do.
Here is a list of those "pedantic" details.....
a. not believing in all of what Jesus taught
b. Men wrote the Bible
c. The Bible is incomplete
d. The laws in the OT are outdated and not valid anymore, yet the Bible is still considered "true in all regards."
e. less than six of the original 13 Apostles are possible used.
f. "Paul" and "Luke" are 3rd generation disciples, yet have a major impact against other first generation Apostles.
g. No Apostolic Succession - because of deaths, ousted Popes.
Shall I go on?
Like I said - you are fraud.
I know you're hurt because gnosticism doesn't get a seat at the adult table in these discussions, but that's gotta remain your problem.

Thanks

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 53:1.--6 "MATT 10:27"

#469612 Aug 8, 2013
who="Dan"
And I'm noting for the record that you are deliberately conflating "forgive" with "absolve" since you've dug yourself a hole and can't get out.

That is the problem with you CC's; you give yourself the authority to even tell others what they think.(Are you a priest?)

In truth, there is little difference in forgive and absolve. Acquit would be more fitting than absolve; either mean to 'declare innocent'.

To absolve, in the true sense of our language, is foolish. The prefix ab- means wrong; as abuse means ab-(wrong) use. Ab-solve would then mean WRONG SOLUTION...and is it not? When one confesses to a priest he says, "I absolve you." To both of them it means, "I declare you innocent."

I wouldn't want to stand before God, having declared a multitude 'innocent,' who had not made amends with those that they injured.

Since: Sep 09

Canada

#469613 Aug 8, 2013
Michael wrote:
<quoted text>
Mary and Joseph were suppose to be Jews. Jews do NOT believe in sons of God yet their son Jesus is suppose to be the son of God, and the story goes that Mary and Joseph lived almost their entire lives as devout Jews..
........makes no common sense.
Religion never did make sense. That is why people compartmentalize.

For instance ... preachers of religion claim that the god loves everybody ... but not REALLY ... unless they are in the right religion.

Silly people relate to silly theologies.

#469614 Aug 8, 2013
who="Dan"
You look foolish here. Pathetic and foolish and fundamentally dishonest.
In John 21, Jesus thrice tells Peter to care for His "sheep". Who tends to sheep? Cattle ranchers?
Please provide the head count of "at least 120 people" you assert as the audience in Luke 24. I looked at Luke 24 and see no such mention of an exact head count nor an approximation of same, nor mention of an "upper room". I'm looking at the NIV, by the way.

Jesus instruction in Luke 24 was to the disciples (He had many besides the 12. At one time He sent out 70...which would be in line with Moses ministry, who had 70. Luke 24:33). In Acts chapter one the participants in the Upper Room were named. The Apostles, the women (named in Luke 8:1-3, Luke 23:55,56, and elsewhere), Jesus' mother, and brothers...the number of them together were about 120 the scripture says.

I don't use the NIV. I am told that there were homosexuals involved in that translation. Not sure...but take no chances.

Canada

#469615 Aug 8, 2013
Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
No one said Jesus was a Christian.
Yet you believe "he" saves ONLY Christians. And to up the nonsense to even a higher grade of stupidity ... Protestants believe the Jew will come to save only Protestants, and Catholics believe the Jew will come to save only Catholics.

Canada

#469616 Aug 8, 2013
Dust Storm wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes Christ is the head of the Church,
A Jew is the head of the Catholic church???

Hahahahahahaha

Canada

#469617 Aug 8, 2013
Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
No one said Jesus was a Christian. He didn't worship Himself.
If he lived he certainly DID worship his self.

He would have been the leader of a cult, in this claim that no one could have eternal bliss unless they worshipped HIM.

Albuquerque, NM

#469618 Aug 8, 2013

Now, now....you are mixing to actions.
One you stated that priests have the authority, and now, like I prophecized, you added yet another qualifier to his role.
You are a fraud.
Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
He had authority as a priest. I never said otherwise.
He was excommunicated.
He denied apostolic authority in his new theology. His adherents (Lutherans) denied it also and did not ordain ministers with that authority.
Please point out the "fraud".
Thanks in advance.
the fraud is in the statement above.

If he was a priest he rcvd this authority from "God".

Men, though thinking they are superior than "God" by throwing out the term "excommunicated" doesn't change his "God given authority".

Unless you think "God's gift" ended when some man stated "He is excommunicated"?

Not only are you a fraud, you are confused and to be honest with ya, claiming you know what "God" can or cannot do, is just like a so-called "Christian".

Marge, KM, LTM, cowboy, GiF, and now you.....wow.....you guyas really have a connection that no one else has.

*sighs*

Keep back-peddling Dan, you'll get nowhere.

#469619 Aug 8, 2013
who="atemcowboy" here is the word that Jesus was using concerning Peter.
atemcowboy
17 hrs ago
now Tony is going to come back at me with the time that Jesus asked Peter if he did have this {{{{{Agapao }}}}}}}towards Jesus, and by which, tony is trying to use this as a homosexual type love, which it isn't.
and then tony will show the difference when Jesus asked Peter these words.
Peter, do you Phileo me?
RIGHT, tony? lol
the word "Agapao" has nothing to do with Jesus calling Peter the Shepherd.
Robert lied.
Agapao means "an unconditional love". and to also hold someone in High regard which is what Jesus was trying to get Peter to SAY
Phileo means friendship.
Neither indicates what Robert is saying. Jesus was trying to get Peter to commit himself fully to Christ, what we who believe in Holiness ,call Sanctification.
Homosexuality IS NOT LOVE. It is abuse of the body, and God calls it an abomination.
Agapao is UNCONDITIONAL LOVE...GOD love, and is not sexual in nature. Marrieds can show unconditional love to each other, with or without sexual intimacy.

Canada

#469620 Aug 8, 2013
Michael wrote:
<quoted text>
The bible is a biased book written for a select group of people much like the Qua'ran, the Torah, and all other religious books pumping their beliefs.
Exactly. Religious theology is wretched self-serving nonsense.

Albuquerque, NM

#469621 Aug 8, 2013
Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
I know you're hurt because gnosticism doesn't get a seat at the adult table in these discussions, but that's gotta remain your problem.
Thanks
Still diverting.

*sighs*

Canada

#469622 Aug 8, 2013
atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>I can tell you of a better miracle than just a simple "walking on water". I can tell you of a "mustang" that was about to hit us on a wet highway, and I had time for only these words "Lord, Help" and the mustang was stopped just a few feet from killing us, and man, you should have seen the look on that drivers face.
Do you ever think of the people that pray and pray for miracles every day and receive NONE from the same supposed god???

You are so arrogant as to believe a god dotes on you and ignores the despair of Others???

It's all about YOU!
Shame on you.

However, I don't believe you are "capable" of feeling shame.

#469623 Aug 8, 2013
who="atemcowboy" here is the word that Jesus was using concerning Peter.
atemcowboy
17 hrs ago
now Tony is going to come back at me with the time that Jesus asked Peter if he did have this {{{{{Agapao }}}}}}}towards Jesus, and by which, tony is trying to use this as a homosexual type love, which it isn't.
and then tony will show the difference when Jesus asked Peter these words.
Peter, do you Phileo me?
RIGHT, tony? lol
the word "Agapao" has nothing to do with Jesus calling Peter the Shepherd.
Robert lied.
Agapao means "an unconditional love". and to also hold someone in High regard which is what Jesus was trying to get Peter to SAY
Phileo means friendship.
Neither indicates what Robert is saying. Jesus was trying to get Peter to commit himself fully to Christ, what we who believe in Holiness ,call Sanctification.

GIF (Posts were not separated):

Homosexuality IS NOT LOVE. It is abuse of the body, and God calls it an abomination.
Agapao is UNCONDITIONAL LOVE...GOD love, and is not sexual in nature. Marrieds can show unconditional love to each other, with or without sexual intimacy.
Clay

Saint Paul, MN

#469624 Aug 8, 2013
Mysterious Catholic Priest shows up at accident scene; anoints the dying lady with Holy oil. He tells the rescue workers not to worry,'tools will be on the way to cut open the mangled car and she will be ok'. Then he disappears. Nobody at either road block says a they seen Him drive thru. The local Catholic Churches says their Priests were in Mass at 9 am Sunday Morning; he doesn't show up on any of the 70 photos taken during this whole event.
==========
Two things: I'm delighted the main stream media is reporting on this.
But I don't think it was a Catholic Priest because Preston and Confrint say all Catholics are in Hell or going to Hell. lol!

usatoday.com/story/news/nation/2013/08/07/ang...

Canada

#469625 Aug 8, 2013
Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually, Christianity imposes nothing of the sort upon Jesus.
He doesn't have to do anything for people to believe in Him.
I agree! It was the theologians that told you a Jew would love you and save you from hell ... IF you became a Catholic.

Canada

#469626 Aug 8, 2013
Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
What Christians "insult the Jews", June VanDerStrawman?
ALL Christian insult Jews by claiming they must BE Christian to be saved.

In case you hadn't noticed, that EXCLUDES Jesus.

:)

Canada

#469627 Aug 8, 2013
<quoted text>
Here Jesus points us to "James the Just". In fact, the Gospel of Thomas, doesn't have any references to Peter at all as the "goto guy"....unless "Simon Peter" is the same "Peter". If so, this "Peter" really didn't like women, and if the same guy, I now can understand why the RCC continues to denigrate women.
(114)
(1) Simon Peter said to them: "Let Mary go away from us, for women are not worthy of life."
(2) Jesus said: "Look, I will draw her in so as to make her male,
so that she too may become a living male spirit, similar to you."
(3)(But I say to you): "Every woman who makes herself male will enter the kingdom of heaven."
What time is your next sermon ... Gnostic Christian?

By the way, can Jesus enter Christian heaven if his identification states that he is practicing ONLY Judaism???

:)

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) 4 hr Married in 10,408
News Pope discusses climate, immigrants in historic ... (Sep '15) Feb 22 WelbyMD 47
News Where Is the Place for Devout Gay Families in t... (Oct '15) Feb 17 True Christian wi... 49
News Vatican will finance adult stem cell research (Apr '10) Feb 12 Pessimistic1 29
News Prayers To Mother Mary 'Cured Lung Cancer' (Jan '10) Feb 11 Phart Girlishly 323
News Pope sings on CD for charity (Dec '09) Feb 11 Phart Musically 31
News Woman Knocks Over Pope Benedict XVI At Christma... (Dec '09) Feb 11 Phart Athletically 165
More from around the web