Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

Full story: CBC News 573,741
The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ. Full Story

Since: Jan 08

Location hidden

#469364 Aug 7, 2013
Tony17 wrote:
<quoted text>Was your "god" the one that taught you that living water is water that moves,lol,lol? I was telling one of my colleagues about your statement you made when we were discussing living water and you stated that living water is water that moves,LOL. I still laugh everytime I think about such an INANE statement.
I recommend you find yourself another god. Preferrably one that knows what LIVING WATERS are as Christ taught. I'd also recommend you learn what a metaphor is.
when I spoke about my Experience, I made it very plain that when all is said and done, the Holy Spirit is that "living water" when we speak Spiritually.

however in the Physical realm, "Living water" is that which MOVES as compared to a well, cistern etc.

and WHY would we not expect you to understand something as simple as that?

“YESHUA IS LORD”

Since: Apr 07

GAWGIA (GEORGIA)

#469365 Aug 7, 2013
marge wrote:
<quoted text>
Sorry buddy your a fraud for all to see. May God Bless
I told you I'm already blessed.

“YESHUA IS LORD”

GAWGIA (GEORGIA)

#469366 Aug 7, 2013
atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>God had well over a hundred years to get those animals in place.
I agree with you. WHO CARES?
I told you not to make up something dumb to say as is the status quo for you.

“YESHUA IS LORD”

GAWGIA (GEORGIA)

#469367 Aug 7, 2013
atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>when I spoke about my Experience, I made it very plain that when all is said and done, the Holy Spirit is that "living water" when we speak Spiritually.
however in the Physical realm, "Living water" is that which MOVES as compared to a well, cistern etc.
and WHY would we not expect you to understand something as simple as that?
I have known ever since I have been communicating with you on this forum that you are possessed by a LYING SPIRIT.

“YESHUA IS LORD”

GAWGIA (GEORGIA)

#469368 Aug 7, 2013
atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>ANY person can read a snippet from another link or forum and then come on here and present it as their own knowledge.
that is what Tony has done often.
this is not a sign of a great Bible Scholar or Teacher.
where the animals on the Ark came from is irrelevant and bears no semblance to the Salvation of anyone
Statements like that demonstrates that you come from a church that does NOT allow you to ask a question that your pastor can't answer ( which is the majority of the scriptures,lol). If you pastor or teacher can't answer the question they teach you to just avoid it with a who cares response.

In our congregation we are allowed to ask ANY QUESTION and if we don't know the answer then we are simply tyaught to keep praying about it that God will show us the answer. And guess what..eventually God does reveal the answer. As Gods word teaches us..SEEK AND YE SHALL FIND. You guys churches must really be pitiful that they won't allow you to ask a question that's too difficult for your pastors/teachers to answer. You guys have my deepest sympathy. Well have I spoken when I stated that I am richly blessed in Gods word.

“YESHUA IS LORD”

GAWGIA (GEORGIA)

#469369 Aug 7, 2013
marge wrote:
<quoted text>
What would be the reason for not believing people are only 5700 years old?
And what would be the purpose for the earth being older than that?
Marge if your pastor/teachers told you that the earth is not more than a few thousand years old, tell them I said they're a liar and the truth ain't in them. The earth is possibly billions of years old. Science even attests to this fact. True science does NOT contradict the word of God but much of the understanding of many so called Christians does indeed contradict the word of God. You are proof of that.

“YESHUA IS LORD”

GAWGIA (GEORGIA)

#469370 Aug 7, 2013
marge wrote:
<quoted text>
Your like a unregenerated child to us Tony, like I said Wake Up, noboby is agreeing with you. Your Not right with God.
Foolish woman. I couldn't care less what I look like in the forum's eyes. I'm only concerned with what I look like in Gods eyes. Fortunately for me,how I look in Gods eyes isn't up to you to decide.

Since: Jan 08

Location hidden

#469371 Aug 7, 2013
Tony17 wrote:
<quoted text>Foolish woman. I couldn't care less what I look like in the forum's eyes. I'm only concerned with what I look like in Gods eyes. Fortunately for me,how I look in Gods eyes isn't up to you to decide.
the Bible has made it very clear as to what a demonic person like you looks like in His eyes.

LOST!!!!!!!!!!

“YESHUA IS LORD”

GAWGIA (GEORGIA)

#469372 Aug 7, 2013
atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>the Bible has made it very clear as to what a demonic person like you looks like in His eyes.
LOST!!!!!!!!!!
The Lord of Hosts rebuke you, ya lying spirit.

“YESHUA IS LORD”

GAWGIA (GEORGIA)

#469373 Aug 7, 2013
marge wrote:
<quoted text>
Your like a unregenerated child to us Tony, like I said Wake Up, noboby is agreeing with you. Your Not right with God.
I am overjoyed that you guys don't agree with me or speak well of me because of what I read in Luke 6:26. As long as you disagree with me then I know I must be doing something right because were I a false prophet then you'd be patting me on the back and giving me kudos etc,as they were shown to have done for the false prophets in LUKE 6:26. We are taught to beware when men speak well of you.

Godsword is just chocked full of wisdom isn't it?

“Love much, trust none”

Since: Jul 11

There

#469375 Aug 8, 2013
marge wrote:
<quoted text>
What would be the reason for not believing people are only 5700 years old?
And what would be the purpose for the earth being older than that?
Why do you take a myth over reality ?

Oh, I forgot. You're a Christian.

Nevermind.

Enjoy your Zombie fantasies.
hojo

Minneapolis, MN

#469376 Aug 8, 2013
hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
I have chosen Salvation in Jesus Christ ---- and Jesus chose Peter to be HIS Earthly Representative to lead HIS One True Apostolic Catholic Church, until HE returns again, for the second time!! You, Confrinting, have demonstrated to EVERY ONE ELSE on this forum that the ONLY thing you chose are a bunch of "(cherry picked) listing" of bible verses that are quoted, then misquoted and then mis-interpeted with editorialized "rhetoric that are "laced with your anti-catholic twisted, manipulated false interpretations....... Your previous post is a perfect example: when you said: "Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ and you will be saved"!---Show us all how the "devil" who ALSO BELIEVES in Jesus Christ is now saved!!

:o)

blah-blah-blah!!

TRUTH-TRUTH-TRUTH--and more --TRUTH-TRUTH-TRUTH
Clay

United States

#469377 Aug 8, 2013
confrinting with the word wrote:
<quoted text>
So you are saying that Jesus lied when he said...
Joh_5:39 Search the scriptures; for in them ye think ye have eternal life: and they are they which testify
Its just not possible that Jesus was implying that humanity needed to search the scriptures for the truth of His Ministry.
And if He did, He probably should have told us which scriptures. We have more scripture than you. And when Jesus said that, no two Jewish sects had the same amount of scriptures anyway.

That's a reckless justification on your part- by implying that John 5:39 gave you the authority to determine Our Lords will. How much more data do you need to show that sola scripture is a doctrinal disaster?
Truth

Leesburg, VA

#469378 Aug 8, 2013
New Age Spiritual Leader wrote:
<quoted text>
Incorrect - Gnosticism is a journey into understanding not only how the physical world plays with our minds/consciousness/Spirit/Sel f, but also teaches us how to understand the ethereal and esoteric of the spiritual path.
To understand the sublime will help prepare one for the sublime.
Understanding is just part of it, as actually understanding it when the day arrives to use what you have learned is more of a distinct difference to Christianity. And again, it requires, like Christianity, for one to "practice" their belief openly. Unfortunately, honesty seems to be a negatively looked upon within Christianity, in order to truly understand this theology.
If one were to utilize all of Jesus, one also realizes that Jesus also spoke of the same.
It really isn't that hard to understand.
Gnostic writings contradict biblical doctrine.
Truth

Leesburg, VA

#469379 Aug 8, 2013
New Age Spiritual Leader wrote:
<quoted text>
When one does not have a goal in life, focus is lost and they will become dizzy.
Meditate. Listen to some Zen music and then Chant...."ohm res-ist-or....ohm res-ist-or"....
:oP
Seriously - take a brake from it all and some learn something new. If you have never read anything on the Incas. Very interesting. Same goes for the Sumerians. I recommend Zecharia Stitchen and his books. Sometimes you can find them available in the local public library.
http://www.sitchin.com/
<quoted text>
We all have a "broad" set of beliefs. Many may say they are similar - for one or two items, but for the most part, we all believe differently in some sense of that phrase.
To gain knowledge is always beneficial. One just needs to learn to understand the knowledge to make it become truly beneficial.
<quoted text>
Opinions are good - we humans love to discuss, huh? We like to be right, wrong, maybe, on-the-fence, and just plain ol' on-lookers....but even these characteristics, are just opinions of ourselves - expressed in a mannerism to promote discussion.
Being open-minded is good. IMO - It adds a good quality to a person's "outward appearance".
<quoted text>
:o)
I'm pretty much a humble kind of guy. Thanks for the metaphysical compliment...*smiles*.....but it is not necessary.
*winks*
Hinduism is another notable belief that does wonders for the mind and how one sees the world.
Gnosticism did not originate with Christianity.
Chuck

Dublin, OH

#469381 Aug 8, 2013
Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, no-He said the Gates of Hell wouldn't prevail against it.
My question to Anthony was to give an example where Peter lifted up Jesus.

Anthony obviously couldn't find an example so he put a spin on it like him and his buddy Clay always do and said:

He was the Rock on which Jesus built his Church.
Dan

Omaha, NE

#469382 Aug 8, 2013
Chuck wrote:
<quoted text>
Anthony obviously couldn't find an example so he put a spin on it like him and his buddy Clay always do and said:
Well, unless you're asking for some evidence where Peter actually "lifted" Jesus up, like so He could reach a coffee cup on the top shelf or something similar, I'd say that Peter being head of His Church on Earth served to "lift Him up".

Ministers "lift up" Christ, do they not?
Chuck

Dublin, OH

#469383 Aug 8, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
Its just not possible that Jesus was implying that humanity needed to search the scriptures for the truth of His Ministry.
Matt 4:4 But he answered,“It is written,
"Man shall not live by bread alone,
but by every word that comes from the mouth of God.’”

**Talking about the Word of God Clay.

You're a clown
Dan

Omaha, NE

#469384 Aug 8, 2013
Chuck wrote:
<quoted text>
Whether or not you believe that Christ made St. Peter earthly head of the Church, he WAS martyred.

That seems to be an example that satisfies your inquiry, right?
Chuck

Dublin, OH

#469385 Aug 8, 2013
Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, unless you're asking for some evidence where Peter actually "lifted" Jesus up, like so He could reach a coffee cup on the top shelf or something similar, I'd say that Peter being head of His Church on Earth served to "lift Him up".
Ministers "lift up" Christ, do they not?
Anthony couldn't find an example either.

and if Anthony did have an example, he would have posted it...don't you think...me too.

His Church of Earth...sigh

So Jesus (who hates sin) started a church which is full of sin, here on earth...yeah

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Was Obama right about the Crusades and Islamic ... 14 min bmz 2,012
Most Americans see combating climate change as ... 2 hr The Fact Is 2
United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) 22 hr Mr Sir 8,910
Saudi effort to promote open society abroad in ... Feb 23 jinxi 3
9 Historical Events That Occurred on Christmas Day Feb 21 cupcake 1
Pope says Catholics must practice a responsible... Feb 20 amc 4
Episcopal parish to join Catholic Church (Jun '11) Feb 19 how g 4
More from around the web