Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 646830 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

“What are you looking at?”

Since: Jan 08

Albuquerque, NM

#469523 Aug 8, 2013
Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
I answered.
The passage tells WHO received the authority. i.e. The Apostles, and only the Apostles.
The further citations I provided support my statement that protestantism eschews succession of that authority.
Protestants don't believe that the authority to bind and loose survived the last apostle. Thus, they cannot "bind and loose".
Thanks
Stop the spinning Dan. You didn't answer it - admitting anything else is bullshite.

Please post where "God" specifically states that Protestants do not have the ability to "bind and loose".

Just because some guy said it, doesn't it make it authoritative.
Dan

Omaha, NE

#469524 Aug 8, 2013
Michael wrote:
<quoted text>
The bible is a biased book written for a select group of people much like the Qua'ran, the Torah, and all other religious books pumping their beliefs.
The mass of literature from this era,“aside from two forged passages in the works of a Jewish author, and two disputed passages in the works of Roman writers, there is to be found no mention of Jesus Christ.” Nor, do any of these authors make note of the disciples or apostles; increasing the embarrassment from the silence of world history concerning the foundation of Christianity.
Reason would dictate that if all the miracles which Jesus supposedly performed or surrounded him:
1. Being born of a virgin mother;
2. Three Magi following the brightest star forever to see the demigod;
3. The slaying of the innocent babies;
4. Raising the dead, healing the blind and lame;
4. Having the sky turn to blackness when Jesus died;
5. Earthquakes in the region;
6. The zombie saints coming out of their graves going to Jerusalem; and
7. The Resurrection.
Wouldn't anyone with common sense believethat world headline news events like these would have at least a small mention by at least one of the many historian and writers from that era. But, NO, they are totally silent!
.....In other words, the only information on the life of Jesus comes from Christian believers, much like Jews who get their orders from the Torah, and Islam from the Quar'an.
......devastating!
Yes, truly devastating that you'd trot this shopworn mess out yet again to the board.

Plainly, you've run out of steam.

Albuquerque, NM

#469525 Aug 8, 2013
Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
He's addressing the Apostles.
Even if one DOES hold that ONLY Peter may have received this authority, ordination allowed this authority to succeed.
Apostolic Succession has already been debunked as invalid and never occurred.
Dan

Omaha, NE

#469526 Aug 8, 2013
atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>LOL. no wonder that you believe Fables.
I gave scripture.

I thought you were all about the Bible.

Albuquerque, NM

#469527 Aug 8, 2013
Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
Than all christians do not, in fact, have the authority Christ gave the Apostles.
Just like I said.
I would agree that this is more the case than anything you have said.

This would include all bishops and popes.

If you only could keep posting this honesty more often.

Albuquerque, NM

#469528 Aug 8, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
How's your leading game coming along ... SELF?
:)
Rook to Knight's Pawn.....

your move....

:o)

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 53:1.--6 "MATT 10:27"

#469529 Aug 8, 2013
who="hojo"
Updated News flash:
Historical Factual TRUTH: Peters Apostolic Successors, have "continued" for over 2000 years "since" Peters death!
Jesus appointed Peter and gave Peter HIS authority to lead HIS One True Catholic Church as well as those 266 Bishops that have succeeded each other "since" Peters death.
Your denial, Confrinting of authenticated, proven, and verifiable Church History as well as the TRUE INTERPRETATION of the Bible, CANNOT or WILL NOT (ever) change the TRUTH, just because----"you -yourself have "spitefully and rebelliously" decided to "make up your own history"!!

Didn't you know that 'truth' stands forever? A 'fact' is not necessarily 'the truth'. That mountain is a 'fact', but mountain movers can change it.

Mountain movers cannot change Jesus, Who IS Truth. Jesus said that there would be many 'false Christ's'. Both Catholics and Protestants have had a few false ones.

Jesus is STILL the Head of HIS church.
Dan

Omaha, NE

#469530 Aug 8, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
Christians continue to insult the Jews, while pretending they LOVE the one Jew they are certain will save them from hell.
It takes quite the investment in stupidity to believe that a Jew faithful to Judaism gives a rat's ass about Christians ... unless the Christians first convert to Judaism.
What Christians "insult the Jews", June VanDerStrawman?
Clay

Lawrence, MA

#469531 Aug 8, 2013
atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>all that you catholics can say, is that Peter was given the leadership over ALL of the Apostles.
YET YOU CAN AND NEVER PROVE IT.
WHY IS THAT?
If you knew what the Bible clearly shows, you like us , would never say that again.
That's a bunch of crap Preston and you know it. Anyone who reads the NT for the first time, can clearly see that Peter was the leader of the Apostles. He's mentioned over 160 times. That is more than all others combined.
Christ clearly gave him and him only the keys. He clearly gave him authority to bind and loose.
I think its ridiculous you all claim to go by the Bible alone when you constantly deny some of the blatant conversations between Christ and His Apostles. You guys are frauds. I'm praying the next generation of Bible thumpers will be less ignorant. Your current 'authoritative' teachings will be history once you die. If they were based on truth it would survive. We can see the pattern the last 500 yrs of Protestantism. None of your teachings survived til the next generation.
Dan

Omaha, NE

#469532 Aug 8, 2013
New Age Spiritual Leader wrote:
<quoted text>
Stop the spinning Dan. You didn't answer it - admitting anything else is bullshite.
Please post where "God" specifically states that Protestants do not have the ability to "bind and loose".
I answered it.

I told you who got the authority, cited the conferral, and told you and cited where protestants don't believe that authority exists now. Any protestant on the board will tell you that they don't believe that apostolic authority succeeded to the present. GIF even acknowledged it to me directly-he said only God can absolve the penalty of sin for another person.

If typing "bullshite" makes you feel better, keep it up, but I responded.
Dan

Omaha, NE

#469533 Aug 8, 2013
<quoted text>
Apostolic Succession has already been debunked as invalid and never occurred.
"bullshite.

"Just because some guy said it, doesn't it make it authoritative."

Sound familiar?

Albuquerque, NM

#469534 Aug 8, 2013
atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>all that you catholics can say, is that Peter was given the leadership over ALL of the Apostles.
YET YOU CAN AND NEVER PROVE IT.
WHY IS THAT?
If you knew what the Bible clearly shows, you like us , would never say that again.
Here Jesus points us to "James the Just". In fact, the Gospel of Thomas, doesn't have any references to Peter at all as the "goto guy"....unless "Simon Peter" is the same "Peter". If so, this "Peter" really didn't like women, and if the same guy, I now can understand why the RCC continues to denigrate women.

(114)

(1) Simon Peter said to them: "Let Mary go away from us, for women are not worthy of life."
(2) Jesus said: "Look, I will draw her in so as to make her male,
so that she too may become a living male spirit, similar to you."
(3)(But I say to you): "Every woman who makes herself male will enter the kingdom of heaven."

Albuquerque, NM

#469535 Aug 8, 2013
Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually, Christianity imposes nothing of the sort upon Jesus.
He doesn't have to do anything for people to believe in Him.
Untrue, that is if you want to be part of Christianity.

Christianity has imposed a ban on these writings - and many have alot to do with Jesus.

Please stop lying.

http://www.gnosis.org/naghamm/nhlalpha.html

It is because of Christianity, its men and hierarchy that has imposed such restrictions of Jesus, it has caused many people to believe a false doctrine about Jesus.
Dan

Omaha, NE

#469536 Aug 8, 2013
confrinting with the word wrote:
<quoted text>
~~~
YOU WROTE
Protestants don't believe that the authority to bind and loose survived the last apostle. Thus, they cannot "bind and loose".
SAY NOT THAT YOU KNOW ABOUT...
QUESTION
WHY DO YOU LIE...AND MAKE STATEMENTS THAT ARE NOT TRUE..
DO YOU NOT KNOW THE BIBLE SAYS...
Rev_21:8 But the fearful, and unbelieving, and the abominable, and murderers, and whoremongers, and sorcerers, and idolaters, and
-->all liars,<--
shall have their part in the lake which burneth with fire and brimstone: which is the second death.
THERE ARE APOSTLES TODAY IN THE FIVE FOLD MINISTRY OF THE TRUE CHURCH...
OR WILL YOU DENY THE SCRIPTURE AGAIN...
Eph 4:8 Wherefore he saith, When he ascended up on high, he led captivity captive, and gave gifts unto men.
Eph 4:9 (Now that he ascended, what is it but that he also descended first into the lower parts of the earth?
Eph 4:10 He that descended is the same also that ascended up far above all heavens, that he might fill all things.)
NOTE
Eph 4:11 ==>And he gave some,
apostles; and some,
prophets; and some,
evangelists; and
some, pastors and
teachers;
Eph 4:12 For the perfecting of the saints, for the work of the ministry, for the edifying of the body of Christ:
Eph 4:13 Till we all come in the unity of the faith, and of the knowledge of the Son of God, unto a perfect man, unto the measure of the stature of the fulness of Christ:
Eph 4:14 That we henceforth be no more children,
tossed to and fro, and
carried about with every wind of doctrine,
by the sleight of men, and cunning craftiness,
whereby they lie in wait to deceive;
Eph 4:15 But speaking the truth in love,
may grow up into him in all things,
-->which is the head, even Christ:
-->NOTE JESUS IS THE HEAD OF THE CHURCH ..NOT PETER
You told me that no one has the power to absolve another man of the penalty for his sin.

Christ clearly conferred that authority to the Apostles.

Did you misspeak? Are there people in your church that have this authority?

Location hidden

#469537 Aug 8, 2013
Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
Christ said it.
Good enough for me, unless you want to convince me that He was wrong or something.
show us where Jesus said" Peter, you are number 1".

Humor us, we have never read that, and any Bible scholar such as yourself who knew that GIF tried to pull a fast one over you by Quoting Hebrews as a New Testament book, has my full confidence.lol
Dan

Omaha, NE

#469538 Aug 8, 2013
<quoted text>
I would agree that this is more the case than anything you have said.
This would include all bishops and popes.
If you only could keep posting this honesty more often.
I said "all Christians" do not have this authority, not that "no Christians" do.

Priests do. They received apostolic authority via ordination.

#469539 Aug 8, 2013
who="Dan"
Sure they do.
They recognize it. They don't claim to be able to definitively interpret scripture personally.

You copied YOUR post WITH mine, to make it seem that I said what you did.

So you are saying that your priests 'foibles' are that they cannot definitively interpret scripture?(We already knew that.)

Location hidden

#469540 Aug 8, 2013
Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
I gave scripture.
I thought you were all about the Bible.
I am, but that verse doesn't indicate that Jesus made Peter numero uno.

that verse gives Peter the Authority to Preach His Word, nothing more. Dan.

If Peter was #1, then Paul SINNED before God when he withstood Peter.
Dan

Omaha, NE

#469541 Aug 8, 2013
<quoted text>
This should be simple, NASL.

Locate and cite a protestant who hears auricular confession and provides absolution.

They don't think they have that authority, so it's not like I'm disabusing them of some notion they hold to the contrary.

#469542 Aug 8, 2013
who="Dan"
Um, your passages speak of the apostles. They are the "disciples" in question here.

GIF said:
ALL THE DISCIPLES OF JESUS HAVE THE KEYS...

"Peace be unto you.
Joh 20:20 And when he had so said, he shewed unto them his hands and his side. Then were the DISCIPLES glad, when they saw the Lord.
Joh 20:21 Then said Jesus to THEM again, Peace be unto you: as my Father hath sent me, even so send I you.
Joh 20:22 And when he had said this,
he breathed on them, and
saith unto them,
Receive ye the Holy Ghost:
Joh 20:23 Whose soever sins ye remit,
they are remitted unto them; and
whose soever sins ye retain, they are retained.
BEST READ YOU BIBLE

The Bible said: DISCIPLES.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Pope says Church should ask forgiveness from ga... Wed sharona 5
News United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) Tue Mr Sir 10,166
News Nation-Now 57 mins ago 10:35 a.m.Pope Francis s... Jun 27 Rev Cash Dollar 1
News John Paul II College of Davao (Dec '07) Jun 20 tine 673
News Milwaukee Rising: Looking for the city's most u... Jun 20 Tom 2
News Pope names new papal nuncio to the United States Jun 1 Michael 7
News Pope's zero tolerance for pedophiles faces test... (Mar '15) May '16 Gods r Delusions ... 4
More from around the web