Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

Full story: CBC News

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.
Comments
452,841 - 452,860 of 537,129 Comments Last updated 3 min ago
Anthony MN

Minneapolis, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 7, 2013

Judged:

Chuck wrote:
<quoted text>
In what ways did Peter lift up Christ that we as Christians couldn't possibly ever dream of??
Lets see....Peter denied Christ 3 times and never showed up when Christ was dying on the cross.
ok...go ahead.
He was the Rock on which Jesus built his Church.

Since: Sep 09

Fraser Lake, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 7, 2013

Human Being wrote:
<quoted text>
June:
Protestantism ran out of gas. Atheism was to conflicted and got nowhere.
I think, the direction Catholicism offers keeps me going in one direction, though I stop often and smell the roses along the way.
I like the fragrance of Christian medieval mystics....You will only find them in the walls of Catholicism.
But do you believe that the one and only god favors ONLY Catholics and that all other supposed souls deserve hell because they don't believe as YOU believe???

That is the question that you will never answer ... because it would make you appear as a drooling self-centered idiot!

Fraser Lake, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 7, 2013

Judged:

New Age Spiritual Leader wrote:
<<continued to HB>>
<quoted text>
Oh, wait a minute. Are you saying religion is "complex"?
- only if you think it is. It actually isn't.
Your self is in LOVE with your self's version of religion.

:)

You seem to believe as did Thomas Jefferson that you know the WHOLE Jesus and that other believers "unfortunately" fall far short of your mark.

How funny!

Fraser Lake, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 7, 2013

Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
You weren't called to preach a different Gospel than what the Apostles taught.
Catholic theologians wrote that the Jewish apostles abandoned their own Judaism for Catholicism.

How ludicrous.

Do you believe the pope would promote the Protestant religion as being based on the only true church?

My guess is ... NOT!

Wake up ... you were scammed, as were all others in religion.

All devout believers in all religions were taught that their MASTER-theologians knew truth.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>

Brewer’s Dictionary of Phrase & Fable by Ivor H. Evans … First published 1817.

Odium theologicum (o di um the o loj ikim)(Lat.). The bitter hatred of rival theologians. No wars so sanguinary as holy wars; no persecutions so relentless as religious persecutions; no hatred so bitter as theological hatred.

Fraser Lake, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 7, 2013

Human Being wrote:
<quoted text>
Herme:
I think that Christianity survived despite the politics....
Christianity survived because of it's brutality, and because gullible people such as you believed a god chose YOU over those in other religions.

Religion is all about egoism of self.

"Because I am Catholic I am special. That's the only reason GOD loves ME!"

Silly stuff in deed!
truth

Perth, Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 7, 2013

i drove 3x mirror front of my self
did i drove corect
i am not very interesting what you say
forgive me
because i don't understood your way
on other way i can find corection
after every mirror mirror
its geometric direction
yeeeeeeeeeeee
which one
i don't know yet
where is tay that
in bad sea..
mountains or desert

i am very tired of myself
i liked that you understood what i drove

Since: Jan 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 7, 2013

Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
St. Peter lifted up Jesus more than you could ever dream of. We look to his example.
can you think of just ONE example where Peter lifted up Jesus.

I do admit that he witnessed for Jesus before the lawyers of that day, and I do admit that He Preached Jesus Christ and Him crucified, but people do that every Day. other than that, zip, nothing.

Fraser Lake, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 7, 2013

Human Being wrote:
<quoted text>
June:
Protestantism ran out of gas.
The truth is, you ran out of Protestantism propelled by your own gas.
Anthony MN

Minneapolis, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 7, 2013

RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
Probably ...what I know,for sure,is,we did nit evolve from biological forms .
I read the bible..on creation..I believe what God said ..He did not give a,specific year ..But it's,close..
You people say the,SCRIPTURE came from you preserving it..then you contradict it with your own interpretations.
And accuse us of that ..I find that disturbing .
How do you account for human bones that are anatomically identical to ours that are much older than 6000 years? Or other bones that are millions of years old?

Fraser Lake, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 7, 2013

Judged:

Insane theology

By claiming that a god that once loved Jews as his own chosen few, suddenly turned away from the Jews to love only Catholics ... is so patently opposed to reason as to make faith in such a claim appear ridiculous.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>>

"One should not try to defend the Christian faith with arguments that are so patently opposed to reason that the faith is made to look ridiculous... irrisio infidelium, the scorn of the unbelievers."

Thomas Aquinas
Clay

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 7, 2013

Chuck wrote:
<quoted text>
In what ways did Peter lift up Christ that we as Christians couldn't possibly ever dream of??
Lets see....Peter denied Christ 3 times and never showed up when Christ was dying on the cross.
ok...go ahead.
lol, you guys are amazingly stupid. Biblically ignorant like a 7 yr old..

How come you preach a different Gospel than Preston and Confrint?
I'm just asking because this proves one of yous changed the word of God. I don't mean to rain on your anti catholic parade....lol but I believe this fact is a huge red flag. It causes your theology to come crumbling down before everyone here on topix.
truth

Perth, Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 7, 2013

i liked that you know
its look as spinal corde
please understood me
try drove as geometric 3x shape as dimond try on each side little-one on all side
tray drove that you can see geometric picture..
everything as mirror

i try describe
up up up its bring me up as magnet as you see marble child marble planet up to planet..

please try drove
please understood my droving
its as mirror as you look as spinal cord

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 7, 2013

Tony17 wrote:
<quoted text>No. He was not fed by Ravens. We think that after a careful consideration and study,the word "raven" was suspect for the word "ARABS". So we believe that Elijah was fed by the Arab..(Raven) people.
There was a total of three occassions on which Elijah was fed. One occassion was by the "RAVENS",another occasion was by the old woman and the third occasion was by an angel.
tho the two words are similar in sound, they are not the same. a any Jewish person could tell you.

never mind, no person can tell you anything you know it all.lol

ho-rabe means raven and does not mean Arab, The Hebrew words for Arab are{ Yarab GhArab Aray }

no arab would help any Jew out for any reason, and especially to feed them.

tho the raven was considered unclean, God has always chosen to use any method that He chooses, therefore if He used the ravens, He made them CLEAN.
Dan

Omaha, NE

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 7, 2013

RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
I read the bible..on creation..I believe what God said ..He did not give a,specific year ..But it's,close..
You people say the,SCRIPTURE came from you preserving it..then you contradict it with your own interpretations.
Rose-

Art has been discovered that dates from 40,000 years ago.

This fact doesn't contradict creation.

Fraser Lake, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 7, 2013

RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
You know nothing of the sort! You have a conceptual idea that you know simply because that has been your religious indoctrination put forth by the masters of deception ... the theologians.

Big difference.
truth

Perth, Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 7, 2013

did you deleted what i say
yes you are
why?

geometric shape symbol on all side
as you see spine cord
planet up to planet

Fraser Lake, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 7, 2013

Those who believe in evolution also have no certain answers. Whether the universe was created, or whether it came about by the big bang theory, or whether it always existed is open for discussion ... not sealed shut as fact.

Theory is theory ... and we all have them, but to claim to know truth is simply a matter of human arrogance.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 7, 2013

RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
the jewish people list the years from the days of Adam in their calendar, but that doesn't mean that is when the earth was formed

Fraser Lake, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 7, 2013

New Age Spiritual Leader wrote:
<quoted text>
I believe there is another dimension that we will move into after we die.
Your illusion is yours to nurture.

Self!

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 7, 2013

topix took TWO posts of mine. one correcting tony on his misinterpreting Hebrew on the word {raven}, and the other about Peter.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••