Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 20 comments on the Jul 10, 2007, CBC News story titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

Anthony MN

Minneapolis, MN

#469201 Aug 7, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
"Within the theology" Peter was a Jew.
You KNOW you would not become a Protestant by choice ... so the chance that a Jew would become a Catholic by choice would NOT be plausible in the "real world" of religion.
The idea that Mary ... another Jew ... willingly left Judaism to become a Catholic saint is a sick joke played by Catholic theologians wanting followers for their new religion.
It's an insult to a Jew to claim he/she supports Catholicism, OR Protestantism.
Apples and oranges. In the early Church a "Catholic" was a Jew or Gentile who believed in Christ. St. Peter would have considered himself a "Catholic" in the sense that it meant the universal Church Christ founded (and still does today). You seem relatively intelligent June, I'm not quite sure why the concept escapes you...
truth

Perth, Australia

#469202 Aug 7, 2013
https://www.google.com.au/search...

ajde vraze di te traze kod svog draze
a tako

you can play buce
bowling
really

i can play
i never bowling bucecuce
o really
evilman

why

sesnali si resna li si..meaning ses sest
6=^
i am not stupid
shut up you evil people
you are not god
no
so what
what a shame
shut up
n

now you are bubanj=yep
shut up evil people
is that nice
no
anger
who me
not me
then
ohhhhhhhhhh
55x10=55
where is third

i will desconect this computer
i have to
two road
who have eye brow on v v-v
inposible two eye
two eyebrew
shout up
meaning of eyebrow
someone escape
who
me
i don't know even meaning

who are you
where is this
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Khawaja_Ghu...

now you are mr krpic
why you krpis
nasla krpa zakrpupurkazzarkupcuppucaz
abot what
your hotel insane down there where?
e..kad se prpa nek se prpa
o paralel financialcentre
truth

Perth, Australia

#469203 Aug 7, 2013
zagoreni lonac
canol in e roga which rogagaroc for what barut carut darut garut
barut about what
aaaaaaaaaaa just like that..

drove lonac under fire
fire as you see vatra
and
pushi se gori kao 2x s as you see coffe
that upsidedown neko koje zgucen
zgucen skucen u ljubavi neucen

naopako=upsidewn=twolags=no nice lags no

not nice hair..about what as you see cover up in army bushi to much as strasilo as ghost jeeeeee
then
not yet piramide=ciramide
bcdfghjklmnpqrstvwxyz
aeiou
reverse
as remigame
aeiou
uoiea
o=second in line
coramide
corav=no one eye
,^. like that
,<>.
,v.
evil
see as on display
di=id play
remo

remuljas
shut up evil people
see building
about what
shut up
is that nice
noooooooooooooo

then explain evil people plain
'why nothing exist in this city'

be good or elseeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee eee
Anthony MN

Minneapolis, MN

#469204 Aug 7, 2013
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes the Truth WAS Adam and Eve ..Creation
Now for you guys it's,Creation plus may be we evolved from OTHER BIOLOGICAL FORMS ..oh and now a Catholic invented the BIG BANG THEORY.
AMAZING
HOW can TRUTH GIVEN TO INDOIRED WRITERS CHANGE.
really poor job of Presevstion there .
Rose, do you truly believe the earth is 6000 years old?
Clay

United States

#469205 Aug 7, 2013
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
Now for you guys it's,Creation plus may be we evolved from OTHER BIOLOGICAL FORMS ..oh and now a Catholic invented the BIG BANG THEORY.
AMAZING
This is why its difficult dealing with fundies...

Clearly no Catholic ever said evolution replaces Adam and Eve. You know this too. For some reason its essential for fundies to fixate on things that they really really wanna believe about Catholics and that's that.(like forcing yourself to believe we worship statues)
Human Being

Sunset, LA

#469206 Aug 7, 2013
New Age Spiritual Leader wrote:
<quoted text>
Self is only an illusion, why you are not honest.
As I have proven multiple times on this forum and others, so-called "Christians" use the illusion of religion, in order to be dishonest.
You may deny it all day long HB - it is the truth.
New Age Spiritual Leader:

According to what I can understand, the self/Self is some impersonal force, energy, principle, law, or consciousness. It could be a combination or not a combination of these "things".

It appears universal, because it is bounded by Creation, but does not exceed the Universe(multiverse).

So self/Self takes on the characteristics of the Universe. And this is what seems contrary to your definition. So it is necessary to either have a dual, or pantheon of gods running the show and playing the tunes to which we dance.(I think of the Greek myths, where a lot of the gods are capricious in nature.)

And some "special" people get to watch, and kind of are out of the cycle(samsara-like) when they get enlightened, and spread the word to get enlightened....

That is just how I see New Age Gnosticism. Am I wrong? Tell me where?
Clay

United States

#469207 Aug 7, 2013
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
AMAZING
Plus Rose, when fundies continuously stand by the false belief that the Earth is only 5,000 yrs old, it proves what kinda desire they have for actual truth.
truth

Perth, Australia

#469208 Aug 7, 2013
shut up
you and your yew
i say to you i am not stupid
every yew is not yew
every catrhiolic is not catholic
every ortodox is not ortodox this or that
its lips when you say that to me

simple i am not care what you say
no
why
its game
leters numbers symbols
me
did i need listen
no
be honest
i don't know why i am not listen
why
oh
who is wrong
me or you

please tell me whats look as zrno sipak=pakis
kaspi ks=x ippi op up ep ap

is kap pi=go away cat
which kat
paksakpa|<$ a=upsidedow 6 or 9 |<
|<$|<=whats that meaning

i need make geometric
kaspi sea=i need see map=atlas=alas t a last
who000000000000000000000000000 000000000000000000000

i need make geometric everything over map
i need look in my papers tiny
posible is gone
i don't remember to much
nooooooooooooo
Human Being

Sunset, LA

#469209 Aug 7, 2013
Hermeneutics Smutics wrote:
<quoted text>So one dude thinks the Pope is supreme so this means Papal Primacy was in development. I think the Pope is Jewish . Does this mean the Pope Jewishness Thinking is " in development"?
In development means there may more than 1 or 12.The question is 1 how many 2 in the East? 3 that were Orthodox?
Herme:

I think that Christianity survived despite the politics....

In a few thousand years, when Europe may be a distant memory in history, it might be interesting to consider where the next rise of politics within Christianity may arise....
truth

Perth, Australia

#469210 Aug 7, 2013
|<$|< = IS THAT LOOK AS CAMBODIA=A ID OB MAC=SWORD
as look as vertical
is that past 120 vertical over map
0=zero=orez about what
truth

Perth, Australia

#469211 Aug 7, 2013
GAME RAME

SHUT UP

YOU NOT CONVINCE ME
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

SYMBOL

shut up
you not convince me

why i need bealive you
about what
who how why where

ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
Clay

United States

#469212 Aug 7, 2013
confrinting with the word wrote:
<quoted text>
~~~
I AM MOTIVATED BY MY CALLING...AND THE URGENCY OF THE TIMES
2Th 2:1 Now we beseech you, brethren, by the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ, and by our gathering together unto him,
2Th 2:2 That ye be not soon shaken in mind, or be troubled, neither by spirit, nor by word, nor by letter as from us, as that the day of Christ is at hand.
2Th 2:3 Let no man deceive you by any means: for that day shall not come, except there come a falling away first,
and
that man of sin be revealed, the son of perdition;
2Th 2:4 Who opposeth and exalteth himself above all that is called God, or that is worshipped; so that he as God sitteth in the temple of God, shewing himself that he is God.
2Th 2:5 Remember ye not, that, when I was yet with you, I told you these things?
2Th 2:6 And now ye know what withholdeth that he might be revealed in his time.
2Th 2:7 For the mystery of iniquity doth already work: only he who now letteth will let, until he be taken out of the way.
2Th 2:8 And then shall that Wicked be revealed, whom the Lord shall consume with the spirit of his mouth, and shall destroy with the brightness of his coming:
2Th 2:9 Even him, whose coming is after the working of Satan with all power and signs and lying wonders,
(YOUR ARE REJECTING the truth and believe the lies that you have been taught.)
2Th 2:10 And with all deceivableness of unrighteousness in them that perish;
because they received not the love of the truth, that they might be saved.
2Th 2:11 And for this cause God shall send them strong delusion, that they should believe a lie:
2Th 2:12 That they all might be damned who believed not the truth, but had pleasure in unrighteousness.
You weren't called to preach a different Gospel than what the Apostles taught. Called to follow Christ? Yes. But not to pick up sacred scripture and teach things that were ALREADY TAUGHT.

2th 2:10 and with all deceivableness of unrighteousness in them that perish.; because they received not the love of the truth, that they night be saved.

2th 2:11 And for this cause, God shall send them strong delusion, that they shall believe a lie (sola scripture?)

2 Th 2:12 that they night be damned who believe not the truth, but had pleasure in unrighteousness .

This is Protestantism. You changed the word of God and re-configured truth.
Chuck

Dublin, OH

#469213 Aug 7, 2013
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
St. Peter lifted up Jesus more than you could ever dream of. We look to his example.
In what ways did Peter lift up Christ that we as Christians couldn't possibly ever dream of??
Lets see....Peter denied Christ 3 times and never showed up when Christ was dying on the cross.
ok...go ahead.

“What are you looking at?”

Since: Jan 08

Albuquerque, NM

#469214 Aug 7, 2013
Human Being wrote:
<quoted text>
New Age Spiritualism:
There is a time to compare, and a time to contrast. One may chose absolutes, or relatives, substances or accidents (Aristotle)
With this portion of your post - I immediately went to The Byrds, "Turn, Turn, Turn" and their take on Ecclesiastes
http://www.lyricsfreak.com/b/byrds/turn+turn+...
To Everything (Turn, Turn, Turn)
There is a season (Turn, Turn, Turn)
And a time to every purpose, under Heaven
A time to be born, a time to die
A time to plant, a time to reap
A time to kill, a time to heal
A time to laugh, a time to weep
A time to build up,a time to break down
A time to dance, a time to mourn
A time to cast away stones, a time to gather stones together
A time of love, a time of hate
A time of war, a time of peace
A time you may embrace, a time to refrain from embracing
A time to gain, a time to lose
A time to rend, a time to sew
A time for love, a time for hate
A time for peace, I swear it's not too late
truth

Perth, Australia

#469215 Aug 7, 2013

if you done anything to my litle one or anybody

shut up evil peopleeeeeeeeeeee
a haki
you face in that game
o don't youuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu
shut up evil people
i find all of you evil people
then you will see game remi

Albuquerque, NM

#469216 Aug 7, 2013
<<continued to HB>>
Human Being wrote:
<quoted text>
If you are going to pick apart a complex mechanism, and examine each piece, thinking that as you go along, that mechanism will continue to work, then you are wrong. It is sort of like irreducible complexity.(Likewise, if you have a very complex mechanism, it is difficult to imagine it erupted out of chaos.)
Oh, wait a minute. Are you saying religion is "complex"?
- only if you think it is. It actually isn't. Especially, whenwe get to choose which version we want to believe. IT is only complex to those who don't understand it, like much of Christianity, due to not researching it prior to joining.
I can actually understand why so many people don't research their religion, and that would be because of finding out that what they thought was "true" was not. It is an individual's choice to stay ignorant or not. Please don't bring those troubles onot me or others.
This point being, also plays a major role with - "men cannot define an infallible being" - especially if that being is more complex than their understanding of that being. DOH!!
BTW - please stop trying to mislead others with your false conclusions or opinions.
Human Being wrote:
<quoted text>
For awhile I chose to compare New Age(modern) Gnosticism, with Christianity. Now I chose to contrast them. In contrasting them, I show the weakness of New Age Gnosticism. I know this will be offensive, but it is being honest.
There is no weakness in Gnosticism.
Although it does show how weak mainstream Christianity is and how it fails to be complete.
Human Being wrote:
<quoted text>
When you apply a question that is not reasonably answered, and "demand" others to answer it, they are left bewildered, or just leave the conversation, since it makes no sense. So your line of questions may reach a certain limit(reasonableness). And most have not explored Gnosticism to any degree, because it is counter-intuitive to accepted norms.(Whether that's a weakness or not is debatable.)
If they can't answer a question, one would think that the individual(s) would research the information to see if it si true. Many do these same steps with pretty much EVERYTHING in their life - EXCEPT for religion. Why do you think that is?
IMO - it is the fear of finding out something that one thought was "true", but is not. This is the dismay that Jesus spoke of.
Human Being wrote:
<quoted text>
Other religions have their own problems, including schools of dualism within them. Christianity cannot have a school of dualism, because it is radically monotheistic. I suspect, that the issue of a single authority outside of one's own conscience(self/Self) is the central contrary issue....
Dualism in Christiantiy exists whether you think it doesn't.
The prime example is "God" allowing the "Devil" to take "souls" and to put them in "hell".
- If there wasn't dualism, all people would either go to "heaven" or all would go to "hell"
- If there wasn't dualism, "God" would reprimand people in "heaven" and not allow the "Devil" to take the individual elsewhere.
Go ahead - spin the "non-dualism" anyway you want - it still exists within Christianity.
Maybe you should jsut blame it on Gnosticism altogether.
Human Being wrote:
<quoted text>
It is to difficult to summarize in short the comparison/contrasts between Christianity, and other religions.
Then why do it? I guess you want to find faults with people, huh?
With the many diverse religions in the world, your comparison would be lacking anyhow.
truth

Perth, Australia

#469217 Aug 7, 2013
you are hakic=pakic
did you
yes you are
mr pi

o well o well well gull=v v eyebrew
marsh you know hereeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee ee
evil people
is that nice
noooooooooooooooooooooo
but i will find you all
what ever and so ever
you are not smart
s=$ ma rt
o yee i will find you
don't even try
do something
or elseeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
Human Being

Sunset, LA

#469218 Aug 7, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Stop fibbing Robert.
You left the Protestant religion and Atheism behind to fall back into Catholicism because that is your comfort zone in the idea that the god that used to favor Jews NOW favors ONLY Catholics.
You certainly don't believe the god favors Protestants, or you would not have left your Protestant religion in the first place.
You can't be honest with others when you are not honest with your self.
June:

Protestantism ran out of gas. Atheism was to conflicted and got nowhere.

I think, the direction Catholicism offers keeps me going in one direction, though I stop often and smell the roses along the way.
I like the fragrance of Christian medieval mystics....You will only find them in the walls of Catholicism.

Albuquerque, NM

#469222 Aug 7, 2013
Human Being wrote:
<quoted text>
New Age Spiritual Leader:
According to what I can understand, the self/Self is some impersonal force, energy, principle, law, or consciousness. It could be a combination or not a combination of these "things".
It appears universal, because it is bounded by Creation, but does not exceed the Universe(multiverse).
So self/Self takes on the characteristics of the Universe. And this is what seems contrary to your definition. So it is necessary to either have a dual, or pantheon of gods running the show and playing the tunes to which we dance.(I think of the Greek myths, where a lot of the gods are capricious in nature.)
And some "special" people get to watch, and kind of are out of the cycle(samsara-like) when they get enlightened, and spread the word to get enlightened....
That is just how I see New Age Gnosticism. Am I wrong? Tell me where?
a. Humans know we have consciousness, but it has never been a "proven entity" that exists within us.

b. IMO - our consciousness/being/Spirit/Sel f - is not at all "bound by Creation". It will transcend this plane of existance. So, for your statement there - I will disagree. I believe there is another dimension that we will move into after we die.

"And some "special" people get to watch, and kind of are out of the cycle(samsara-like) when they get enlightened, and spread the word to get enlightened...."
- uhm - okay. If this is how you see the world you live in. Sort of one-sided if you ask me. Why is the sharing of information so wrong in your eyes? Scared of knowledge that will cause you to change your belief?

It happens, just keep paying attention, and it will eventually happen to you. If you are truly being honest with yourself and others.
truth

Perth, Australia

#469223 Aug 7, 2013
akic yakic see
cia kia

oh
nothing to do with me
did i am posses or op-session
no
why should be
no any interest for me
n
oh
i need sleep
but not
why
i liked sleep
yep
i can
no i don't drink coffee

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) 10 hr Big Tiny 9,189
News What Divides Catholics and Protestants? (Apr '08) 10 hr barry 84,080
News Pope Francis to stop off in Cuba on way to Unit... Apr 25 Sherlayne 8
News Pope Francis visit to Cuba confirmed Apr 25 W A Y L O N 2
News Extremists sought in possible plot against the ... Apr 24 tomin cali 1
News John Paul II College of Davao (Dec '07) Apr 24 JJF 664
News Ion Mihai Pacepa 46 minutes ago History often r... Apr 24 Tom Jones 1
More from around the web