Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

Full story: CBC News 543,388
The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ. Full Story
Anthony MN

Andover, MN

#469092 Aug 6, 2013
atemcowboy wrote:
any argument that Anthony has ever presented as ALWAYS BEEN REBUTTED SO EASILY
By "what thus saith the Lord"
The Lord saith that He gave the keys to the kingdom to St. Peter and whatever he bound on earth is bound in heaven.

Your rebuttals are foolish and out of context. "Annanias wasn't supposed to tell St. Paul his sins were washed away" indeed. ROTFLOL.

“Let the Children”

Since: Aug 08

Come To Me

#469093 Aug 6, 2013
confrinting with the word wrote:
There are a few people on this forum who wish to talk about the Lord, hoping to clarify some misunderstandings.
But there are many here who just want to fuss at and scold somebody. A few hope to dismiss God altogether.
I am going to find something better to do with my time.
Blessings to all of you who love the Lord AND PEOPLE. I hope that the rest of you may discover that God is GOOD, and He commands that we "do unto others as we wish them to do to us".
KayMarie
take care KAY ..Thanks,for clarifying on the rulers,

GOD bless

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 55:11--"MATT 10:27"

#469094 Aug 6, 2013
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
"Whatsoever you shall bind on earth shall be bound in heaven."
WHAT ABOUT THE REST OF YOUR 43 INVENTIONS THAT HAVE BEEN ADDED

DID YOU BIND THE OR DID YOU LOSE THEM

IT WOULD BE BETTER IF YOU WOULD GET YOU MIND OFF THE PROPS AND SUPPORTING ACTORS

Act_16:31 And they said,

Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ, and thou shalt be saved, and thy house.

“Let the Children”

Come To Me

#469095 Aug 6, 2013
<quoted text>
READ THE REST OF THE CHAPTER..AND NOTE WHOM IT WAS WRITTEN ABOUT
Isa 22:20 And it shall come to pass in that day, that I will call my servant Eliakim the son of Hilkiah:
Eliakim DEFIND IN HEBREW
H471
&#1488;&#1500;&#14 97;&#1511;&#1497;& #1501;
'elya&#770;q&#305; &#770;ym
el-yaw-keem'
From H410 and H6965; God of raising; Eljakim, the name of four Israelites:- Eliakim.
Isa 22:21 And I will clothe him with thy robe, and strengthen him with thy girdle, and I will commit thy government into his hand: and he shall be a father to the inhabitants of Jerusalem, and to the house of Judah.
Isa 22:22 And the key of the house of David will I lay upon his shoulder; so he shall open, and none shall shut; and he shall shut, and none shall open.
Isa 22:23 And I will fasten him as a nail in a sure place; and he shall be for a glorious throne to his father's house.
Isa 22:24 And they shall hang upon him all the glory of his father's house, the offspring and the issue, all vessels of small quantity, from the vessels of cups, even to all the vessels of flagons.
Isa 22:25 In that day, saith the LORD of hosts, shall the nail that is fastened in the sure place be removed, and be cut down, and fall; and the burden that was upon it shall be cut off: for the LORD hath spoken it.
YOU ARE GRASPING A STRAWS...
And the,Throne of St Peter will not be here ...ON EARTH ..until Jesus is,on David's throne

Kay?? Said the Apostles,will rule Israel .when Jesus comes,.
Dust Storm

Minneapolis, MN

#469096 Aug 6, 2013
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
Never heard that. It is true however that much of what we know about the sciences was discovered by priests and monks.
In January 1933, the Belgian mathematician and Catholic priest Georges Lemaitre traveled with Albert Einstein to California for a series of seminars. After the Belgian detailed his Big Bang theory, Einstein stood up applauded, and said, "This is the most beautiful and satisfactory explanation of creation to which I have ever listened."
http://www.catholiceducation.org/articles/sci...

Since: Jan 08

Location hidden

#469097 Aug 6, 2013
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
The Lord saith that He gave the keys to the kingdom to St. Peter and whatever he bound on earth is bound in heaven.
Your rebuttals are foolish and out of context. "Annanias wasn't supposed to tell St. Paul his sins were washed away" indeed. ROTFLOL.
Like I said, your feeble attempts to discredit someone always makes you look like a fool.

Jesus never told him to baptize paul. that statement of yours could NEVER be proved by using the Bible . you know it and so do I for certain.

well maybe YOU don't know it, you havent proved that you know much of anything.

later. my baby just walked in.
marge

Ames, IA

#469098 Aug 6, 2013
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
None other than St. Peter were given the keys. See Isaiah 22.
Anthony your not putting it all together, it's the anti-christ that claims to have the 'keys', who else could that Scripture Gif posted point to other than you?

And we know your 'ways' are false.

“YESHUA IS LORD”

Since: Apr 07

GAWGIA (GEORGIA)

#469099 Aug 6, 2013
The most important issue in any one's life
is ...
IF YOU PASS AWAY FROM THIS LIFE
ARE YOU PREPARED TO MEET GOD?....
WHEN JESUS COMES TO CATCH AWAY HIS BRIDE ..
2Co_11:2 For I am jealous over you with godly jealousy: for I have espoused you to one husband, that I may present you as a chaste virgin to Christ.
Mat_25:6 ..... Behold, the bridegroom cometh; go ye out to meet him.
ARE YOU READY TO GO WITH HIM?
Amo 4:12 ...... prepare to meet thy God, O Israel.
(excerpts from) COMMENTARY BY F.B.MEYER
Amos 4:12-13
“Prepare to Meet Thy God”
Amo_4:12-13; Amo_5:1-15
WHEN WE ARE summoned to the divine bar.
Whether we choose or not,
“we must all appear before the judgment seat of God.”
HAVE WE Prepared, our souls, to meet Him!
Note the sublimity of that last verse of Amo_4:1-13.
How great is God, who made the mountains!
How mysterious,
who made the wind!
How sublime,
who calls to the dawn!
How mighty,
to whom mountains and peaks are stepping-stones!
But great and holy though God is, we are invited to seek Him.
He desires to bless, but He must be sought.
Were we more diligent in seeking,
as the miner for gold, or
the scientific man for nature’s secrets,
we should be marvelously repaid.
1Co_2:9 But as it is written, Eye hath not seen, nor ear heard, neither have entered into the heart of man, the things which God hath prepared for them that love him.
Deu_30:19 I call heaven and earth to record this day against you,
that
I have set before you life and death,
blessing and cursing:
therefore choose life,
that both thou and thy seed may live:
“Seek and live!”
Thats kinda silly don't you think? How can one actually "PREPARE" to meet the Lord? Answer..........WE CAN'T. There is NOTHING we can do to meet the Lord but rather it is BY GRACE and Gods mercy that we are able to meet the Lord because no matter what we do,according to the scriptures.... we are still as FILTHY RAGS. So it is by Gods grace and mercy that we are able to go before Him not because of the so called righteousness that we do or how well we think we prepare.

“YESHUA IS LORD”

GAWGIA (GEORGIA)

#469100 Aug 6, 2013
Simple wrote:
<quoted text>
Sure that is why it says the other two sons went in backward and covered Noah's nakedness. What does this mean that they unscrewed their mother? You are silly on so many levels.
And yet when I showed you the scriptures that gave the definition of what it means to uncover your fathers nakedness,you remain stuck on stupid and glued to dumb huh?

In the scriptures that I clearly posted for the forum,it stated that to uncover your fathers nakedness means to have sex with yoiur fathers wife i.e,with your mother. I can't make that any clearer. Even BOO BOO the fool should be able to understand that.

“YESHUA IS LORD”

GAWGIA (GEORGIA)

#469101 Aug 6, 2013
And good evening all Gods children.
marge

Ames, IA

#469102 Aug 6, 2013
There are a few people on this forum who wish to talk about the Lord, hoping to clarify some misunderstandings.
But there are many here who just want to fuss at and scold somebody. A few hope to dismiss God altogether.
I am going to find something better to do with my time.
Blessings to all of you who love the Lord AND PEOPLE. I hope that the rest of you may discover that God is GOOD, and He commands that we "do unto others as we wish them to do to us".
KayMarie
You can pop just pop in Kay Marie, I love your posts and your news articles today were wonderful too, and you edify me just so you know:) Love you. God Bless

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

#469103 Aug 6, 2013
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
Berated may have been too strong a word, I recall you felt he was unorthodox in his opinions. Please do get the post number, I'd like to see again what you think of him.
I just told you that I replies with a comment re Congar, not with a comment re Schmemman.(sp)I also said a couple posts ago said that some of his criticisms are helpful.I have an issue, not with hi, but with those outside the church who try to present him as speaking for the Orthodox Church as a whole.I actively look for criticism of my church. I stay away from the fringe for criticism of the Catholic and Orthodox Church.

As far as Topix goes I think there are people here who know their stuff, but the posts themselves become a game of who can win and sometimes just trash talking or games. Some are just here to incite.I have learned a lot following up studying issues people have posted about here.I have also learned much about people and the extent they will go to come out on top with others.

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 55:11--"MATT 10:27"

#469104 Aug 6, 2013
Tony17 wrote:
<quoted text>Thats kinda silly don't you think? How can one actually "PREPARE" to meet the Lord? Answer..........WE CAN'T. There is NOTHING we can do to meet the Lord but rather it is BY GRACE and Gods mercy that we are able to meet the Lord because no matter what we do,according to the scriptures.... we are still as FILTHY RAGS. So it is by Gods grace and mercy that we are able to go before Him not because of the so called righteousness that we do or how well we think we prepare.
YOU HOMOSEXUALS MAY BE FILTHY RAGS..

BUT MY BIBLE TELLS ME THAT THE BORN AGAIN CHRISTIAN IS REGENERATED...

2Co_5:21 For he hath made him to be sin for us, who knew no sin;
that

we might be made the righteousness of God in him.

I AM A BORN AGAIN CHRISTIAN SAVED BY GRACE..

A NEW CREATURE IN CHRIST JESUS OLD THINGS ARE PAST AWAY
AND BEHOLD ALL THING BECAME NEW IN MY LIFE

A SON OF GOD..

MY HEART HAS BEEN CIRCUMCISED..

A FELLOW CITIZINE WITH THE SAINTS..

SORRY ABOUT YOU...

THE BIBLE SAYS

1Jn_3:3 And every man that hath this hope in him purifieth himself, even as he is pure.

Rom 12:1 I beseech you therefore, brethren, by the mercies of God, that ye present your bodies a living sacrifice, holy, acceptable unto God, which is your reasonable service.

Rom 12:2 And be not conformed to this world: but be ye transformed by the renewing of your mind, that ye may prove what is that good, and acceptable, and perfect, will of God.

IF YOU CONTINUE TO BE A WORM OF THE DUST...THE DEVIL WILL PUT YOU ON HIS HOOK AND TAKE YOU FISHING...

RIGHT NOW I'M GOING TO CATCH SOME ZZZZZZZZ

Location hidden

#469105 Aug 6, 2013
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
If he spoke that way and wasn't a heretic pre-schism, why would those who spoke this way post-schism be considered heretics by you easterners?
I am done with your games. As your Church called us heretics. Go play your push button games with someone else.
hojo

Minneapolis, MN

#469106 Aug 6, 2013
<quoted text>

Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ, and thou shalt be saved, and thy house.
The devil ALSO believes on the Lord Jesus Christ and I would doubt "very much" if the devil is saved!!!!!!....
Your pick and choose "bible verse quoting" preaching (making bible verses mean ONLY WHAT YOU WANT THEM TO MEAN" is as bogus as your editorialized Protestant ministry!!..... This is exactly why sola scriptura was NEVER believed by anyone over 300 years after the Reformation because it contradicts itself (from one bible verse to another), it is unscriptural, unhistorical. untenable and it is not taught in scripture ANYWHERE!!!...It is a 19th century,man-made doctrine of fallacies and contradictions condemned by Jesus Christ HIMSELF!!!!!..The TRUTH of the TRUE DOCTRINE and the TRUE INTERPRETATION of the bible was established by the Early Church Fathers of the Catholic Church, who compiled and formed the Canon of Scripture in 382,393 and 397 AD giving you contradicting and inconsistent "fundies" the bible which you mis-interpret, misquote and "spin" to your own demise and destruction. The TRUTH has, is and will ALWAYS remain in Jesus Christ--in and through HIS One (and ONLY one) True Apostolic Catholic Church, that formed, established and inititated in Matthew 16:31-21 (and NO other)!!!!!

“YESHUA IS LORD”

GAWGIA (GEORGIA)

#469107 Aug 6, 2013
jethro8 wrote:
<quoted text>Divine Law:
The rejection of homosexual behavior that is found in the Old Testament is well known. In Genesis 19, two angels in disguise visit the city of Sodom and are offered hospitality and shelter by Lot. During the night, the men of Sodom demand that Lot hand over his guests for homosexual intercourse. Lot refuses, and the angels blind the men of Sodom. Lot and his household escape, and the town is destroyed by fire "because the outcry against its people has become great before the Lord" (Gen. 19:13).
Throughout history, Jewish and Christian scholars have recognized that one of the chief sins involved in God’s destruction of Sodom was its people’s homosexual behavior. But today, certain homosexual activists promote the idea that the sin of Sodom was merely a lack of hospitality. Although inhospitality is a sin, it is clearly the homosexual behavior of the Sodomites that is singled out for special criticism in the account of their city’s destruction. We must look to Scripture’s own interpretation of the sin of Sodom.
Jude 7 records that Sodom and Gomorrah "acted immorally and indulged in unnatural lust." Ezekiel says that Sodom committed "abominable things" (Ezek. 16:50), which could refer to homosexual and heterosexual acts of sin. Lot even offered his two virgin daughters in place of his guests, but the men of Sodom rejected the offer, preferring homosexual sex over heterosexual sex (Gen. 19:8–9). Ezekiel does allude to a lack of hospitality in saying that Sodom "did not aid the poor and needy" (Ezek. 16:49). So homosexual acts and a lack of hospitality both contributed to the destruction of Sodom, with the former being the far greater sin, the "abominable thing" that set off God’s wrath
jethro:"gays and lesbians are just fine as long as they remain" celibate. You have been celibate all these years??
Remember when in the scriptures when Sodom and Gomorrah wanted to commit the homosexual acts with those angelic beings that came to Lots home,were you also aware that in Judges 19,THERE WERE MEN FROM THE TRIBE OF BENJAMIN THAT TRIED TO RAPE A MAN, A LEVITE PRIEST AS WELL? They had to settle for the man's handmaiden instead. READ JUDGES 19.

Location hidden

#469108 Aug 6, 2013
Dust Storm wrote:
<quoted text>
For all the railing by both Greek and Russian Orthodox patriarchs against"Vaticanism" and "a single organizational structure" marking the visible Unity of the Church, there remains the verdict made in 1967 by Fr. Robert A. Taft, S.J., the leading scholar on the majestic Byzantine Greek Liturgy of St. John Chrysostom used in all the Greco-Slav Orthodox Churches: "There is ‘de facto’ no Magisterium in Orthodoxy today... A lamentable anarchy pervades the organization and theology of modern Orthodoxy."
(Diaconia, vol 2, no. 3)
Theodore Abu Qurrah, a Syrian Catholic bishop (died c. 820 A.D.), one of the first Christian theologians to write in Arabic as well as in Greek, and who deserves to be better known to Catholic apologists.
"You should understand that the head of the Apostles was St. Peter, to whom Christ said,‘You are the rock; and on this rock I shall build my church, and the gates of hell will not overcome it.’ After his resurrection, he also said to him three times, while on the shore of the sea of Tiberius,‘Simon, do you love me? Feed my lambs, rams and ewes.’ In another passage, he said to him,‘Simon, Satan will ask to sift you like wheat, and I prayed that you not lose your faith; but you, at that time, have compassion on your brethren and strengthen them.’ Do you not see that St. Peter is the foundation of the church, selected to shepherd it, that those who believe in his faith will never lose their faith, and that he was ordered to have compassion on his brethren and to strengthen them? As for Christ’s words,‘I have prayed for you, that you not lose your faith; but you, have compassion on your brethren, at that time, and strengthen them’, we do not think that he meant St. Peter himself. Rather, he meant nothing more than the holders of the seat of St. Peter, that is, Rome. Just as when he said to the apostles,‘I am with you always, until the end of the age’, he did not mean just the apostles themselves, but also those who would be in charge of their seats and their flocks; in the same way, when he spoke his last words to St. Peter,‘Have compassion, at that time, and strengthen your brethren; and your faith will not be lost’, he meant by this nothing other than the holders of his seat.
Yet another indication of this is the fact that among the apostles it was St. Peter alone who lost his faith and denied Christ, which Christ may have allowed to happen to Peter so as to teach us that it was not Peter that he meant by these words. Moreover, we know of no apostle who fell and needed St. Peter to strengthen him. If someone says that Christ meant by these words only St. Peter himself, this person causes the church to lack someone to strengthen it after the death of St. Peter. How could this happen, especially when we see all the sifting of the church that came from Satan after the apostles’ death? All of this indicates that Christ did not mean them by these words. Indeed, everyone knows that the heretics attacked the church only after the death of the apostles – Paul of Samosata, Arius, Macedonius, Eunomius, Sabelllius, Apollinaris, Origen, and others. If he meant by these words in the gospel only St. Peter, the church would have been deprived of comfort and would have had no one to deliver her from
EDITED FOR SPACE AND IN THE INTEREST OF INTELLECTUAL POLLUTION
Taft is a good man.You and your buddy Anthony should head out to the Appalachian Mountains. I heard there is an Orthodox hunting squirrel up there that made a comment about the Pope being supreme and wanted to reunite with the Catholic Church.You can capture and post his comment here as representative of the rtho Church.Maybe you can get that flash mob from Popacabana beach to perform. Lot of peple would reunite just for that.

“YESHUA IS LORD”

GAWGIA (GEORGIA)

#469109 Aug 6, 2013
<quoted text>
YOU HOMOSEXUALS MAY BE FILTHY RAGS..
BUT MY BIBLE TELLS ME THAT THE BORN AGAIN CHRISTIAN IS REGENERATED...
2Co_5:21 For he hath made him to be sin for us, who knew no sin;
that
we might be made the righteousness of God in him.
I AM A BORN AGAIN CHRISTIAN SAVED BY GRACE..
A NEW CREATURE IN CHRIST JESUS OLD THINGS ARE PAST AWAY
AND BEHOLD ALL THING BECAME NEW IN MY LIFE
A SON OF GOD..
MY HEART HAS BEEN CIRCUMCISED..
A FELLOW CITIZINE WITH THE SAINTS..
SORRY ABOUT YOU...
THE BIBLE SAYS
1Jn_3:3 And every man that hath this hope in him purifieth himself, even as he is pure.
Rom 12:1 I beseech you therefore, brethren, by the mercies of God, that ye present your bodies a living sacrifice, holy, acceptable unto God, which is your reasonable service.
Rom 12:2 And be not conformed to this world: but be ye transformed by the renewing of your mind, that ye may prove what is that good, and acceptable, and perfect, will of God.
IF YOU CONTINUE TO BE A WORM OF THE DUST...THE DEVIL WILL PUT YOU ON HIS HOOK AND TAKE YOU FISHING...
RIGHT NOW I'M GOING TO CATCH SOME ZZZZZZZZ
I'll let the word of God speak for me yet again.

http://www.biblestudytools.com/search/...

Now you can exalt yourself all you like because of how "holier than thou" you think you are but scriptures states even our righteousness is AS FILTHY RAGS in Gods eyes. Therefore there is nothing you can do that makes you deserving of Gods mercy but it is rather by Gods grace,NOT OUR SO CALLED RIGHTEOUSNESS that we can appear before the Lord and obtain mercy.

You really need to come down off that high horse you have perched yourself on. As for myself, no matter how much I repent I still ask the Lord to be merciful to me, a sinner.

“Let the Children”

Come To Me

#469110 Aug 6, 2013
Dust Storm wrote:
<quoted text>
In January 1933, the Belgian mathematician and Catholic priest Georges Lemaitre traveled with Albert Einstein to California for a series of seminars. After the Belgian detailed his Big Bang theory, Einstein stood up applauded, and said, "This is the most beautiful and satisfactory explanation of creation to which I have ever listened."
http://www.catholiceducation.org/articles/sci...
Is it still in vogue??' Today

http://catecheticsonline.com/...

We learned creation from a,Baltimore Catechism ..And stories from the
Scriptures you guys take credit for putting together

Now you changed your teaching to include things like we may HSVE evolved from other biological forms

http://www.catholic.com/tracts/adam-eve-and-e...

..AND I really am NOT putting the Church down. But how can TRUTH change

Think.I will believe the NUNS AND my bible

Location hidden

#469111 Aug 6, 2013
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
That "dude" is venerated as a saint in the east. Go ahead, pick up your marbles and go home....
I forgot how holy you are. I deliberately used the word dude. When I visit the 2 monasteries I learned something very quickly. When you give a monastic a comment they look very embarrassed and sad and look down. It has to do with humility.A saint does not want you to use defending him for your self serving holiness.He would have liked "dude".

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) 10 hr Married in 8,304
After brutal persecution, Albania 'reopened' to... Sun Barbarian 4
Stealing the Keys to Heaven (Aug '09) Sep 19 Dan Dougherty 3
Pope's visit will change Philippines, Cardinal ... Sep 18 Iglesia_Ni_Dinuguan 4
Philippines and Vatican release Pope Francis po... (Mar '14) Sep 18 pazuzu 85
Edmonton's Coptic Christian community welcomes ... Sep 18 PAUL SHYKORA arts 1
Selfies with Pope Francis cardboard cutouts pop... Sep 10 ELIAS IBARRA 5
•••

Pope Benedict XVI People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••