Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 20 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

Anthony MN

Saint Paul, MN

#469038 Aug 6, 2013
Hermeneutics Smutics wrote:
<quoted text>Do you seriously think I am going to spend my time debunking every quote listed on the site you are getting from. If you examine their credibility on the ones I debunked they only got 1 right.Thats enough for me to know their credibility.I dont have time following the Catholics around on their web sites correcting all their spins.
I really don't give a hoot what you spend your time doing. I'm just pasting quotes, debunk them if you wish or ignore them and munch popcorn with Sera while you watch a nice romantic movie.
Anthony MN

Saint Paul, MN

#469039 Aug 6, 2013
Now I am not certain if the Studite was preschism. LOL
Shacking I could be wrong. LOL
St. Theodore the Studite of Constantinople (759-826)

Pre-schism.
Anthony MN

Saint Paul, MN

#469040 Aug 6, 2013
<quoted text>Again I am not going to post with someone on a ridiculous line of logic. Dont you get it. He was only Orthodox because there were no Orthodox Catholic Church back then. His view on the pope does not reflect Orthodoxy but Orthodox Catholics. No soup for you.I am supposed to debate you on this?????
It was not considered Heresy because the schism didnt happed yet. thats it Im done.
So much for your theory that papal primacy was a development AFTER the schism. lol.

Go ahead, be done. Take your marbles and go home. I'll keep playing without you.

“OneLordOneFaith Eph4:5”

Since: Apr 08

Saint John Paul II Pray 4 Us.

#469041 Aug 6, 2013
The Vatican said that based on information from World Youth Day organizers and local authorities, more than 3 million people were on hand for the Pope’s final Mass of his historic trip last Sunday at Copacabana beach.
That was far higher than the 1 million at the last World Youth Day vigil in Madrid in 2011 or the 650,000 at Toronto's 2002 vigil.

Read more: http://latino.foxnews.com/latino/news/2013/08...

#469042 Aug 6, 2013
The papal letter's contents were not disclosed.????
Do the people have no standing whatsoever?
Pope to Muslims for end of Ramadan;;;

To Muslims throughout the World

http://en.radiovaticana.va/articolo.asp...

More on the letter..

http://www.asianews.it/news-en/Pope%27s-messa...

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 55:11--"MATT 10:27"

#469043 Aug 6, 2013
confrinting with the word wrote:
JESUS SAID
Joh_14:30 Hereafter I will not talk much with you:
for the prince of this world cometh,
and hath nothing in me.
___
QUESTION
WHO IS CURRENTLY CLAIMING TO BE THE PRINCE OF THIS WORLD..
DOES HE NO SIT ON HIS UNIVERSAL (CATHOLIC)THRONE IN ROME ITALY.
IS HE NOT THE ONE JESUS SAID WOULD COME...
~~~
IS HIS FOLLOWERS/ADHERENCE'S... NOT WRESTLING WITH THE
REST OF THE
WORLD TO DECEIVE THEM TO REVERE HIS SUPREME AUTHORITY,
AS HE ATTEMPTS TO USURP THE THRONE OF JESUS.
Eph 2:1 And you hath he quickened, who were dead in trespasses and sins;
Eph 2:2 Wherein in time past ye walked according to the course of this world, according to the prince of the power of the air, the spirit that now worketh in the children of disobedience:
Eph 2:3 Among whom also we all had our conversation in times past in the lusts of our flesh, fulfilling the desires of the flesh and of the mind; and were by nature the children of wrath, even as others.
Eph 2:4 But God, who is rich in mercy, for his great love wherewith he loved us,
Eph 2:5 Even when we were dead in sins, hath quickened us together with Christ,(by grace ye are saved;)
Eph 2:6 And hath raised us up together, and made us sit together in heavenly places in Christ Jesus:
Eph 2:7 That in the ages to come he might shew the exceeding riches of his grace in his kindness toward us through Christ Jesus.
Eph 2:8 For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God:
~~~

I WILL ASK AGAIN..

THE RULERS OF THE NATIONS OF THIS WORLD WERE PROPHESIED IN THE BOOK OF DANIEL...

BUT

THE PRINCE THAT JESUS WAS SPEAKING ABOUT (the one that would come)IS NOT LISTED THERE...

After Jesus defeated satan at Calvary ...SATAN is no longer the prince of this world...

Who is it that has stepped up to take satan's place as PRINCE OF THIS WORLD ...

(UNIVERSAL PRINCE) HEAD OF THE UNIVERSAL (CATHOLIC [SO CALLED]

THAT HAS TURNED HIS DECEIVED ADHERENCE AGAINST THE INSPIRED (GOD BREATHED) WORD...

AND PROCLAIMED THAT HIS WORD TAKES PREEMINENCE OF GOD'S WORD?

AND CREATED HIS OWN CONJECTURE FABLES AND LIES TO REPLACE IT

WHO IS IT ATTEMPTING TO RULE CHRISTENDOM?

WHO IS IT THAT IS CLAIMING TO BE THE RULER OF GOD'S CHURCH UPON EARTH..

WHO IS IT THE RULERS OF NATIONS BOW TO WHO IS IT (THE GENTILE )THAT IS

ASPIRING TO BE THE CUSTODIAN OF THE TEMPLE MOUNT ?

SOME ONE HERE WILL CALL ME CRAZY..

I AM WHOM GOD SAY I AM.

PROVE ME WRONG IF YOU CAN?

“GOD SO LOVED US”

Since: Aug 08

He Gave His SON to Save us

#469044 Aug 6, 2013
JESUS SAID
Joh_14:30 Hereafter I will not talk much with you:
for the prince of this world cometh,
and hath nothing in me.
___
QUESTION
~~~
IS HIS FOLLOWERS/ADHERENCE'S... NOT WRESTLING WITH THE
REST OF THE
WORLD TO DECEIVE THEM TO REVERE HIS SUPREME AUTHORITY,
AS HE ATTEMPTS TO USURP THE THRONE OF JESUS.
Eph 2:1 And you hath he quickened, who were dead in trespasses and sins;
Eph 2:2 Wherein in time past ye walked according to the course of this world, according to the prince of the power of the air, the spirit that now worketh in the children of disobedience:
Eph 2:3 Among whom also we all had our conversation in times past in the lusts of our flesh, fulfilling the desires of the flesh and of the mind; and were by nature the children of wrath, even as others.
Eph 2:4 But God, who is rich in mercy, for his great love wherewith he loved us,
Eph 2:5 Even when we were dead in sins, hath quickened us together with Christ,(by grace ye are saved;)
Eph 2:6 And hath raised us up together, and made us sit together in heavenly places in Christ Jesus:
Eph 2:7 That in the ages to come he might shew the exceeding riches of his grace in his kindness toward us through Christ Jesus.
Eph 2:8 For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God:
In the bible aren't thrones here to be JESUS and the twenty four elders.

Peter being one ..isn't his throne still in heaven .

Or did I read it wrong ..

Apostles, 12
Sons,of Israel 12

Jesus on David's throne ..

#469045 Aug 6, 2013
The Catholic Church is the Mystical Body of Christ
by Fr. William G. Most

Speaking of full membership in the Church, Pius XII, in his Encyclical on the Mystical Body, said it is the society of those who have been baptized, and who profess the faith of Christ, and who are governed by their bishops under the visible head, the Pope, the Bishop of Rome.

THE CATHOLIC CHURCH..
The Church came into being when Christ died on the

Cross, but it was formally inaugurated on

Pentecost, when He sent the Holy Spirit as He had

promised. St. Paul speaks of all Christians as

members of Christ, so that with Him, they form one

Mystical Body (Cf. 1 Cor 12:12-31; Col 1:18;

2:18-20; Eph. 1:22-23; 3:19; 4:13). St. Paul did not use the word Mystical. It was developed more recently to bring out the fact that this union is unique, there is no parallel to it. It is not the same as the union of a physical body, nor that of a business corporation.

The Church, the Mystical Body, exists on this earth, and is called the Church militant, because its members struggle against the world, the flesh and the devil. The Church triumphant is the Church in heaven. The unity and cooperation of the members of the Church on earth, in Heaven is also called the Communion of Saints. When St. Paul uses the word "Saints" in opening an Epistle, he does not mean they are morally perfect. He has in mind Hebrew qadosh, which means set aside for God, or coming under the covenant. Being such means of course they are called to moral perfection. But of course, not all have reached it in this world.

http://www.ewtn.com

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

#469046 Aug 6, 2013
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
You berated him, that I remember. I don't recall you showing me anything he said that approached the level heterodoxy that Hans Kung exhibits. He was by no means an "Orthodox Hans Kung", much as you'd like me to think.
You are a liar. I did not berate him. I countered with a quote from a Catholic theologian Yves Congar stating the East did not recognize Papal Supremacy. f you would like I will give you the post number and my post itself.Why lie? Thats what I can never understand.

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

#469047 Aug 6, 2013
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
So much for your theory that papal primacy was a development AFTER the schism. lol.
Go ahead, be done. Take your marbles and go home. I'll keep playing without you.
The Studite was preschism. What's so funny about me mentioning preschism. I thought it was funny how you thought someone could be declared a heretic for a West teaching when the churches were still united?????

#469048 Aug 6, 2013
<quoted text>
~~~
I WILL ASK AGAIN..
THE RULERS OF THE NATIONS OF THIS WORLD WERE PROPHESIED IN THE BOOK OF DANIEL...
BUT
THE PRINCE THAT JESUS WAS SPEAKING ABOUT (the one that would come)IS NOT LISTED THERE...
After Jesus defeated satan at Calvary ...SATAN is no longer the prince of this world...
THAT HAS TURNED HIS DECEIVED ADHERENCE AGAINST THE INSPIRED (GOD BREATHED) WORD...
I AM WHOM GOD SAY I AM.
YOU WOULD SAY THAT IT HAS BEEN NEAR 2000 YEARS SINCE JESUS SPOKE OF THE PRINCE OF THIS WORLD COMING,( AND HAVING NOTHING IN HIM)..

TIME IS NOT OF ESSENCE IN GOD'S ECONOMY...

2000 YEARS IS JUST MOMENTS TO GOD.... FIGURE IT OUT FOR YOUR SELF.

2Pe_3:8 But, beloved, be not ignorant of this one thing, that one day is with the Lord as a thousand years, and a thousand years as one day.

ALL THIS HAS COME INTO MOTION WHEN JESUS THE STAR OF TH DRAMA...

HAS BEEN SET ASIDE...AND

THE SUPPORTING ACTORS AND PROPS OF THE STAGE IN THEWHOLE DRAMA ARE BEING WORSHIPED.

IT SUPPOSED TO BE ALL ABOUT JESUS..

1Co 1:27 But God hath chosen the foolish things of the world to confound the wise; and God hath chosen the weak things of the world to confound the things which are mighty;

1Co 1:28 And base things of the world, and things which are despised, hath God chosen, yea, and things which are not, to bring to nought things that are:

1Co 1:29 ==> That no flesh should glory in his presence. <==

1Co 1:30 But of him are ye in Christ Jesus, who of God is made unto us wisdom, and righteousness, and sanctification, and redemption:

1Co 1:31 That, according as it is written,

He that glorieth, let him glory in the Lord.
Simple

United States

#469049 Aug 6, 2013
<quoted text>
~~~
Pro_14:18 The simple inherit folly: but the prudent are crowned with knowledge.
Try this for yourself then.

Proverbs 16:18 Pride goeth before destruction, and a haughty spirit before a fall.
Simple

United States

#469050 Aug 6, 2013
<quoted text>
YOU WOULD SAY THAT IT HAS BEEN NEAR 2000 YEARS SINCE JESUS SPOKE OF THE PRINCE OF THIS WORLD COMING,( AND HAVING NOTHING IN HIM)..
TIME IS NOT OF ESSENCE IN GOD'S ECONOMY...
2000 YEARS IS JUST MOMENTS TO GOD.... FIGURE IT OUT FOR YOUR SELF.
2Pe_3:8 But, beloved, be not ignorant of this one thing, that one day is with the Lord as a thousand years, and a thousand years as one day.
ALL THIS HAS COME INTO MOTION WHEN JESUS THE STAR OF TH DRAMA...
HAS BEEN SET ASIDE...AND
THE SUPPORTING ACTORS AND PROPS OF THE STAGE IN THEWHOLE DRAMA ARE BEING WORSHIPED.
IT SUPPOSED TO BE ALL ABOUT JESUS..
1Co 1:27 But God hath chosen the foolish things of the world to confound the wise; and God hath chosen the weak things of the world to confound the things which are mighty;
1Co 1:28 And base things of the world, and things which are despised, hath God chosen, yea, and things which are not, to bring to nought things that are:
1Co 1:29 ==> That no flesh should glory in his presence. <==
1Co 1:30 But of him are ye in Christ Jesus, who of God is made unto us wisdom, and righteousness, and sanctification, and redemption:
1Co 1:31 That, according as it is written,
He that glorieth, let him glory in the Lord.
You prove it or it is false. I am waiting!!

#469051 Aug 6, 2013
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
In the bible aren't thrones here to be JESUS and the twenty four elders.
Peter being one ..isn't his throne still in heaven .
Or did I read it wrong ..
Apostles, 12
Sons,of Israel 12
Jesus on David's throne ..
IN THE MILLENNIUM JESUS WILL REIGN..

Isa 9:6 For unto us a child is born, unto us a son is given: and the government shall be upon his shoulder: and his name shall be called Wonderful, Counsellor, The mighty God, The everlasting Father, The Prince of Peace.

Isa 9:7 ==> Of the increase of his government and peace there shall be no end,

upon the throne of David, and

upon his kingdom, to order it, and

to establish it with judgment and with justice from henceforth even for ever.

The zeal of the LORD of hosts will perform this.

THE 12 APOSTLES WILL RULE THE 12 TRIBES OF Israel

Mat_19:28 And Jesus said unto them, Verily I say unto you, That ye which have followed me, in the regeneration when the Son of man shall sit in the throne of his glory, ye also shall sit upon twelve thrones, judging the twelve tribes of Israel.

THOSE THAT HAVE BEEN CAUGHT AWAY IN THE BRIDE WILL REIGN WITH JESUS AS KING AND PRIEST

Rev_20:6 Blessed and holy is he that hath part in the first resurrection: on such the second death hath no power, but they shall be priests of God and of Christ, and shall reign with him a thousand years.

#469052 Aug 6, 2013
Simple wrote:
<quoted text>
You prove it or it is false. I am waiting!!
prove what?

I have presented truth...

you prove me wrong or it stand as it is...

“What are you looking at?”

Since: Jan 08

Albuquerque, NM

#469053 Aug 6, 2013
Hi HB - thanks for responding.
Human Being wrote:
<quoted text>
New Age Spiritual Leader:
You now profess a certain "reality", and life is not an illusion, but this directly conflicts with your writings. So it is hard to narrow and address my response.
How does this conflict with what I've posted or wrote?

Maybe....just maybe....you don't know me and my thoughts. If you are unclear about something, you'll have to ask clear questions.

This is where honesty comes in, huh?
Human Being wrote:
<quoted text>Of the little that I know, it sounds like you are saying you are a product of the Age in which we live.(And we are all influenced by it of course.)

I am a product of which "we" live. I am a product of a man and a woman. Are we all?

(15) Jesus says:

"When you see one who was not born of woman,
fall on your face (and) worship him. That one is your Father."
Human Being wrote:
<quoted text>I have as of late been hearing a bit on the subject, and you are ripe within the concept of consequentialism. You might consider further investigation on the subject.
I disagree.

con·se·quen·tial·ism [kon-si-kwen-shuh-liz-uhm]
noun
1. the theory that human actions derive their moral worth solely from their outcomes or consequences.
2. the theory that ethical decisions should be made on the basis of the expected outcome or consequences of the action.

++ My morals were learned - most were before they came into use by myself.
Human Being wrote:
<quoted text>What I question is that Gnosticism is contrary to orthodox Christianity.

Why do you question it? Hinduism is contrary to Christianity, do you question Hinduism? The same goes for every belief or spiritual belief. You are being silly.
Human Being wrote:
<quoted text>And your "questions" to unsuspecting Protestants, does not include this bit of information. So I ask myself, "Why?"
If they don't question it, why do I need to make the statements of it. Since I don't get questions, I figured that if someone doesn't know about something, that they had gone and did some research.

Also - the forum is not about Gnosticism. You are veering off course. Maybe it is time for you to re-read the forum and the article this forum was created for.

I'd rather talk with you, as long as you stay focused on the subject matter.
Human Being wrote:
<quoted text>Two solutions: Either you know, or you don't know this information. And if you do know, then you are avoiding disclosure.....
You missed a 3rd and 4th option:
- the choice in that I get to choose what I post on a public for um
- and a 4th, the reason I have stated above:
'Since I don't get questions, I figured that if someone doesn't know about something, that they had gone and did some research.'
Human Being wrote:
<quoted text>You just want some more to do the Hokey Pokey.(smiles)
Wrong again. The Hokey Pokey is a song played at weddings, parties, and even reunions. Like I've stated multiple times, you get to choose on what you are to believe. I'm just pointing out the facts of your belief that you have failed at. You get to choose on whether you are honest or not. I have no say in it.

Self.

Albuquerque, NM

#469054 Aug 6, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Self!
:)
:o)

Albuquerque, NM

#469055 Aug 6, 2013
Human Being wrote:
<quoted text>
June:
Lol!
But of course!
And yet Self is an Illusion!
I can never narrow it down for him....Its like describing what fog is to someone who has never left the fog....
Self is only an illusion, why you are not honest.

As I have proven multiple times on this forum and others, so-called "Christians" use the illusion of religion, in order to be dishonest.

You may deny it all day long HB - it is the truth.
Anthony MN

Andover, MN

#469056 Aug 6, 2013
<quoted text>
~~~
I WILL ASK AGAIN..
BUT
I AM WHOM GOD SAY I AM.
" and I will give to thee the keys of the kingdom of heaven; and whatever thou shalt bind on earth shall be bound in heaven; and whatever thou shalt loose on earth shall be loosed in heaven."

"Jesus said to him, Feed my sheep"
Anthony MN

Andover, MN

#469057 Aug 6, 2013
<quoted text>You are a liar. I did not berate him. I countered with a quote from a Catholic theologian Yves Congar stating the East did not recognize Papal Supremacy. f you would like I will give you the post number and my post itself.Why lie? Thats what I can never understand.
Berated may have been too strong a word, I recall you felt he was unorthodox in his opinions. Please do get the post number, I'd like to see again what you think of him.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Pope Holds Meeting to Encourage Adoption of U.N... 1 hr Jim the Hoax Denier 15
News Climate Change and the Catholic Church 1 hr Jim the Hoax Denier 2
News Woman excommunicated from Catholic Church calls... 2 hr Batch 37 Pain Is ... 5
News In Defense of Free Speech in the United States 3 hr Johair_DeadManWal... 2
News United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) 8 hr Cultastic 9,207
News What Divides Catholics and Protestants? (Apr '08) 11 hr par five 84,136
News Pope on free speech: What about turning the oth... 14 hr KristoFMYsagun 16
More from around the web