Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 600164 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

Simple

Millington, TN

#468856 Aug 5, 2013
confrinting with the word wrote:
<quoted text>
~~~
THOSE SUCH AS YOURSELF ARE ARM CHAIR INFIDELS...
you portray God as you see him in your own little puppet show..
I don't know where or what you worship...
but
THE GOD I SERVE IS NOT SUBJECT TO YOUR PUPPET STRINGS AND YOUR
MANIPULATION...
HE CAN CALL ANY ONE HE PLEASES AND
DO ANY THING THROUGH THEM THAT HE WANTS TO
WITH OUT YOUR EXPRESSED PERMISSION, AND OPINIONS
___
Job 9:2 I know it is so of a truth: but how should man be just with God?
Job 9:3 If he will contend with him, he cannot answer him one of a thousand.
Job 9:4 He is wise in heart, and mighty in strength: who hath hardened himself against him, and hath prospered?
Job 9:5 Which removeth the mountains, and they know not: which overturneth them in his anger.
Job 9:6 Which shaketh the earth out of her place, and the pillars thereof tremble.
Job 9:7 Which commandeth the sun, and it riseth not; and sealeth up the stars.
Job 9:8 Which alone spreadeth out the heavens, and treadeth upon the waves of the sea.
Job 9:9 Which maketh Arcturus, Orion, and Pleiades, and the chambers of the south.
Job 9:10 Which doeth great things past finding out; yea, and wonders without number.
Job 9:11 Lo, he goeth by me, and I see him not: he passeth on also, but I perceive him not.
Job 9:12 Behold, he taketh away, who can hinder him? who will say unto him, What doest thou?
Job 9:13 If God will not withdraw his anger, the proud helpers do stoop under him.
Job 9:14 How much less shall I answer him, and choose out my words to reason with him?
STOP PLAYING GOD...
I guess he told you to call me an infidel. I reject your judgement and still do not believe God called any of you to anything. Unless God is confused why would he call you people to different faiths? Please give me a break from your disguised threats. You would come nearer being a monkey's uncle then called of God.
Truth

Leesburg, VA

#468857 Aug 5, 2013
New Age Spiritual Leader wrote:
How is letting a 13-yr old girl get rapped by 13 men, showing "He" loves?
http://www.examiner.com/article/more-than-a-d ...
--OR--
Allowing a 10 year old girl to freeze to death on Christmas?
http://www.nbcwashington.com/news/archive/NAT ...
One would think that a loving god would have eliminated these horrendous acts before they even could occur.
<quoted text>
You don't know this, so please don't make a false claim and try to mislead others.
I've already proven with the articles above, that "God" does allow people to die, when "He" could have stopped them.
Your "God" love to see sins happen - namely getting killed and then allow people to take the blame for his "not" doing.
<quoted text>
I'm not under the bondage of sin, and I have a relationship with Jesus and "God". So - what is your point?
Are you jealous that you can't achieve this success?
<quoted text>
If you have to ask, you really don't know if anyone is under anything.
How I know, is because I don't sin. If I don't sin, then your rules don't apply, huh?
But maybe you can't fathom that I don't sin and are jealous I was able to move away from that aspect of life.
Wanna know how I did it?
<quoted text>
Good question.
Since men cannot define an infallible being, the Bible is invalid.
I've been saying this for years.
But oh no....none of you Catholic or Protestants want to believe it.
*sighs*
<quoted text>
My point was to show how asinine your post was.
I'm glad you responded, because now you know.
<quoted text>
Because I can.
When are you going to admit that the Gospel of Thomas was never designated by "God" as not inspired?
I'm all for playing your games.
<quoted text>
I'll be concerned when I die.
Why should I?.
Shoot - "God" isn't paying no mind to what is happening on this planet, but you expect me to worry about what I may not see in 30+ years?
Your priorities are skewed. If your "God" likes to see young women die or get raped, without putting in one iota of help to them, so they wouldn't have had to go through those ordeals, maybe, just maybe, I might.
Until then, your thinking is skewed.
Well, I can see this whole time that I have been gone, you have still learned nothing.....

Nothing you have said is any surprise to me....

How do you know that you are not under the bondage of sin?

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#468858 Aug 5, 2013
atemcowboy wrote:
OXBORE;
you need to get on the side of Christianity, and QUIT the kibitzing that you are doing on this Forum, by attacking EVERYONE, no matter what they say.
if you disagree when a person makes a stand against the Bible and God, that is good and Righteous,
but you have attacked my Granddaughter after she spoke about her new Relationship with God after She Got Baptised, and several including RoS who was the most vocal Proponent for that Young girls' testimony to her friends on their channel to their World. and you have stepped on very Dangerous ground by your constant attack on that heartfelt testimony. and just because it is my granddaughter, doesn't matter. it could be any young child that gave and has given that kind of a testimony to her friends after being Baptised.
Others blessed that young girl while you attacked her just because of a grammar issue(capitalization).
when you stand before God, let that not be layed in front of you
Don't give up your day job......
Simple

Millington, TN

#468859 Aug 5, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
we're not whitewashing anything. I've yet to see any Catholic completely deny any wrongdoing by the Church. You'd like us too.. its just like the abuse scandal. You guys put us into defense mode with far out accusations, then when we present the truth, you do what you just did with your post, "for you and Catholics to whitewash the barbaric tactics of the rcc is foolish .."
I once heard Confrint (I think) accuse us of murdering 50 million during the crusades. Well, there was only about 50 million in Europe during that time period.. lol.
And btw, the Crusades were a noble operation.
You should really take the time to learn about Protestant atrocities against Catholics in every corner of the world. Its ridiculous how you guys manage to shift the focus on the Catholic Church. One day, maybe you'll be interested in truth. For now, your agenda is not compatible with truth. Everybody has to believe the Catholic Church is this big evil institution who worships statues and changed the Bible. If people really knew the truth, they wouldn't be protestant. That's a fact.
Crusades were a nobel operation? Not very informed or delusional I conclude.
Clay

United States

#468860 Aug 5, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Why do believe John Paul II apologized for crimes committed by his predecessors?
I posted the information for you more than once ... and so anxious and so busy were you wanting to believe that a Jew was/is coming to save you ... you paid no heed to his words.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>
List of apologies made by Pope John Paul II
The conquest of Mesoamerica by Spain in the name of the Church[2][3][4][5]
The legal process on the Italian scientist and philosopher Galileo Galilei, himself a devout Catholic, around 1633 (31 October 1992).[2][3][4][5]
Catholics' involvement with the African slave trade (9 August 1993).[2][3][4][5]
The Church's role in burnings at the stake and the religious wars that followed the Protestant Reformation (May 1995, in the Czech Republic).[2][3][4][5]
The injustices committed against women, the violation of women's rights and for the historical denigration of women (10 July 1995, in a letter to "every woman").[2][3][4][5]
The inactivity and silence of many Catholics during the Holocaust (16 March 1998)[2][3][4][5]
For the execution of Jan Hus in 1415 (18 December 1999 in Prague). When John Paul II visited Prague in 1990s, he requested experts in this matter "to define with greater clarity the position held by Jan Hus among the Church's reformers, and acknowledged that "independently of the theological convictions he defended, Hus cannot be denied integrity in his personal life and commitment to the nation's moral education." It was another step in building a bridge between Catholics and Protestants.[2][3][4][5]
For the sins of Catholics throughout the ages for violating "the rights of ethnic groups and peoples, and [for showing] contempt for their cultures and religious traditions".(12 March 2000, during a public Mass of Pardons).[2][3][4][5]
For the actions of the Crusader attack on Constantinople in 1204.(4 May 2001, to the Patriarch of Constantinople).[2][3][4][5]
On 20 November 2001, from a laptop in the Vatican, Pope John Paul II sent his first e-mail apologising for the Catholic sex abuse cases, the Church-backed "Stolen Generations" of Aboriginal children in Australia, and to China for the behaviour of Catholic missionaries in colonial times.[6]
An excuse is worse and more terrible than a lie, for an excuse is a lie guarded.
Pope John Paul II [7]
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_apologie...
Just so you're aware, you didn't cite anything where Catholics killed people 'because they believed different'. I have no idea why you cited Pope John Paul II apologizing to woman for violation of their rights.
Having said that... don't bother replying to this. Your 5,000 posts a day bore me and I don't read them anyway. I do not care if you're an Atheist. It doesn't affect me. We all know you do not believe in God and we get that you don't want anyone else to either. People aren't flipping out on ya like you desire. You're not getting the reaction from antagonizing everyones faith. I'm sorry man, maybe you ought to slow down and post once an hr; go and exercise or bake cookies for the other 56 min..
Truth

Leesburg, VA

#468861 Aug 5, 2013
<quoted text>
How can you be in the "right relationship with God" if you don't believe in all of what Jesus taught?
How can you be in the "right relationship with God" if you allow men to dictate what you are to believe, instead of letting "God" speak to you directly?
*sighs*
Do you even think for a moment on what you say to others, without even applying those same words to yourself?
Get over yourself, and start being honest with others.
That is when you will be in "the right relationship with "God"".
God speaks to me everyday.......just open the Bible and let him speak to you......

Is your relationship built on obedience to the Word of God and the COMMANDS of Jesus in the NT or is it built on an emotional state?

“What are you looking at?”

Since: Jan 08

Albuquerque, NM

#468862 Aug 5, 2013
Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
How do you know that you are not under the bondage of sin?
Jesus.

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 53:1.--6 "MATT 10:27"

#468863 Aug 5, 2013
Simple wrote:
<quoted text>
I guess he told you to call me an infidel. I reject your judgement and still do not believe God called any of you to anything. Unless God is confused why would he call you people to different faiths? Please give me a break from your disguised threats. You would come nearer being a monkey's uncle then called of God.
~~~

Pro_14:18 The simple inherit folly: but the prudent are crowned with knowledge.
Truth

Leesburg, VA

#468864 Aug 5, 2013
New Age asked:
Do you believe the Pope is infallible?
<quoted text>
BTW - I didn't ask if you were Catholic or not, I just wanted to know what your opinion of the Pope is.
But even then, you had to skirt around it without even answering, huh?
By doing so, you would have made a great Catholic.
Sorry you cannot read between the lines.....as this has been said many, many posts ago....
Clay

United States

#468865 Aug 5, 2013
Simple wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah, noble.

Location hidden

#468866 Aug 5, 2013
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
Don't give up your day job......
retired over 10 years ago, and how about you. have you ever had a day job?
Clay

United States

#468867 Aug 5, 2013
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
While I really like,Pastor Bob..the one from Florida.
He is,not who called me to Him ..who showed me His,love ..
Who let me know,I needed my Saviour ...who had me repent .
Neither sadly was it the Church I grew up in..oh I knew it with my mind .And,I'd say they planted the seed..
But it's,the Spirit who finally opened my soul to my Saviour .he uses many ways,to get your attention.
And no preacher ..CHURCH..or anything else can give me Grace..it cones from my Saviour only !!!!
I think there is,so much misinformation between CATHOLUCS And Protestants ..it may take His Second Coming to unite us .
And I think that makes Him very sad...sometimes ..just a guess.
But if so NOT only did He die for us ..But WEPT for the things,done calling out His,Name .
This is the core problem with the evangelical movement:

Your post above is filled with I, I, I. Me Me Me. My My My. Christianity isn't all about you.

People leave the Catholic Church all the time saying:'it just doesn't do anything for me'.

Then when you ask them what they've ever done for the Church, they say nothing.
Its all about Jesus, the Bible and them. Whatever personal satisfaction they get out of the faith is what's important I guess. You can not find one trace of any Church father speaking about Christianity like you guys do.
Truth

Leesburg, VA

#468868 Aug 5, 2013
<quoted text>
Please post all false teachers.
Unless you do not "know the Word of God".
Hmmmm....you are starting to sound spurious.
<quoted text>
For starters, the question was posed to atemcowboy, and no we have not.
Cowboy made a claim, I'm asking about his claim.
Otherwise, based upon his statement, if he doesn't know them, then he doesn't know the "word of God".
His logic, not mine.
So I decided to call him out on it with....
"Please post all false teachers."
Now you want to jump in and "cover his ass" by further diverting from answering.
If cowboy doesn't know who those false teachers are, then three things need to occur....
a. Don't make a claim like he did.
b. Post the false teachers he knows
c. Admit he doesn't know who the false teachers are, and apologize to the forum for trying to mislead others.
Let's see which of the three will cowboy actually move forward with.
My psychic ability is telling me, I won't get an answer at all.
Now "Truth" - do you know who these false teachers are? If you do, please post a citation and link that addresses these individuals with relevant and ample evidence to prove that they are.
Go!
Has anyone told you that you are out in left field?

No!....well, let me be the first.....

Aren't we (as Christians) suppose to know the Word of God back and forth???

Aren't we (as Christians) suppose to apply the Word of God to our everyday lives???

Aren't we (as Christians) suppose to stand upon the Word of God???

Then, why in the world do you believe that we (as Christians) cannot pick out a false teacher???

You must not be that concerned about your soul, if you are going to believe everyone who says they are preaching the gospel of Christ.....

Then we will no longer be infants, tossed back and forth by the waves, and blown here and there by every wind of teaching and by the cunning and craftiness of people in their deceitful scheming.

Location hidden

#468869 Aug 5, 2013
Simple wrote:
<quoted text>
only a catholic would think that throwing little Jewish babies in the fires they started would think that would be very noble.

especially when their doctrine is such, that they believe that babies not Baptised in their church will spend eternity in hell.

and how dumb that I am when I have always thought that Christians didn't want anyone to reside in hell for all eternity.

to be a catholic is proof that satan reigns in their church and throughout their false doctrine.
Truth

Leesburg, VA

#468870 Aug 5, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
I already explained my concept to you, but here goes again.
There is no purpose to baptism, except that it was and is simply a human religious ritual, comparable to a Native pounding a drum in honor of what he believed was the great spirit.
And you are totally WRONG....a human religious ritual.....

Sad, really sad.....

So, you are saying that God does not have a purpose for baptism???
Truth

Leesburg, VA

#468871 Aug 5, 2013
<quoted text>
Why should people be scared of the Gospel of Thomas or other non0-canonical texts?
Gospel of Thomas is NOT inspired and NEVER will be inspired.....

Location hidden

#468872 Aug 5, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah, noble.
well thankfully in the end, God punished your leaders for killing so many innocent people, and took away their military power that they once controlled.

and next to fall will be any religious influence that they now think that they possess.

and in the Balcony in Heaven, we who were Born Again Christians will see that great downfall of that "harlot that sets on seven hills, that great deceiver that satan has owned since 1054 AD
Truth

Leesburg, VA

#468873 Aug 5, 2013
<quoted text>
Jesus.
Have you OBEYED the COMMANDS of Jesus in the NT???

Since: Sep 09

Terrace, Canada

#468874 Aug 5, 2013
Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
Why should people be scared of the Word of God?
According to the theology your god allows a devil and hell to exist in his kingdom.

People that fear hell ... are not only eager to be saved ... they are often paranoid to be saved.

I believe it was and is part of the plan of the money-scheming theologians.

Since: Sep 09

Terrace, Canada

#468875 Aug 5, 2013
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
While I really like,Pastor Bob..the one from Florida.
Let me guess ... does he tell you that you will be saved and others deserve hell?

:)

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) 2 hr Mr Sir 9,605
News What Divides Catholics and Protestants? (Apr '08) 4 hr barry 84,339
News Pope's upcoming visit inspires anxiety in Phila... 10 hr policestatepractice 1
News Philly to-do list before the Pope, Democrats ar... 13 hr policestatepractice 1
News Pope Francis Affirms Evolution and Big Bang Theory 18 hr Chimney1 304
News Drudge Report asks: Is Pope Francis the Antichr... Sun Edithbunker 1
News Hispanics energized by Argentinian pope's first... Jul 27 tomin cali 1
More from around the web