Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

Full story: CBC News

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Comments (Page 22,622)

Showing posts 452,421 - 452,440 of530,112
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:

Since: Sep 09

Smithers, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 5, 2013

atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>both Hank and myself were saying to YOU that it was Israel that backslid and which caused God to write a "Bill of Divorcement" to her.
That was based on ex-Jew Catholic lies.

That makes the god of the old testament (which is the one and only god) into a liar when he inspired Jews to write that they were his chosen few.

Are you claiming that the god lied, just to cover your own lies that Christians are NOW his chosen few?

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 5, 2013

Plain Jane wrote:
<quoted text>
r u part of the Body of Christ?
r Catholics?
r Mormons?
Let's ask him.
Go ahead...let me know what He says....

Smithers, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 5, 2013

Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
I am not catholic....
You make that statement as though being Catholic is an insult.

But didn't you know that you have to be Catholic to be a REAL Christian?

The god of the Jews said it was true. He whispered it into the ears of the ex-Jew Catholics.

All religion is BUNK!
Truth

Leesburg, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 5, 2013

Judged:

June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
How many times do I have to inform you that I no longer believe in the existence of a god before you GET it???
My "concept" is that maybe the universe always existed and that means to me that there IF that is true, there is no need for a god in my picture "frame."
Now please don't go on a rampage suggesting that I claim to know truth. Concept is NOT claiming to know truth. It is simply tossing about different opinions in wonder of the mystery of it all.
We ARE responsible, not only for what we hear, but for what we would have heard if we had been listening and will be held accountable.

Smithers, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 5, 2013

Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
Who says Muslin children are spending eternity in hell
Christians.

Some Christians even believe that if Christian babies aren't baptized that "god" won't accept them as worthy of his attention.

Silly people and their rituals make too much about fuss over their own stupidity.
Truth

Leesburg, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 5, 2013

atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>and that is exactly what one of the greek words that are used indicates.
plana has to do with a man fornicating with another woman and that sin will and does {separate} them from their spouse, in many if not all instances.
not one of us on here has to know the [exact] word in Greek that Paul uses, we only have to know the consequence of the Separation that sin causes.
Exactly!

You wrote:

not one of us on here has to know the [exact] word in Greek that Paul uses, we only have to know the consequence of the Separation that sin causes.

consequence of the separation that sin causes.....

Absolutely!
Truth

Leesburg, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 5, 2013

June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
To me Paul is a fictitious character the same as Jesus and all the supposed Jews that the Catholics wrote fell in love with Catholicism.
The word sin once meant that an archer either hit the target with his arrow or he sinned by being off the mark of the target.
If you prefer that the word sin means a god is offended by human beliefs and actions, that is YOUR right to have your own interpretation of the word.
Sin is an ACT committed by the individual......in which the individual is responsible for and will be accountable for....

Smithers, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 5, 2013

It's amazing how people in religion compartmentalize. The habits are so ingrained they aren't even aware that the habits excist.

Many Catholics in the second world war risked their lives to save Jews from Hitler's henchmen, and many died for their acts of bravery.

Yet those same Catholics believed that Jews had to become Catholic before they could be saved by Jesus the Jew ... otherwise their fate would be to spent eternity in hell.

Such ridiculous split-thinking is common in religion.

Smithers, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 5, 2013

exist
Truth

Leesburg, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 5, 2013

Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
if not, i.e. unless:--X before, but, except, if, no,(if,+ whosoever) not.
meaning...."IF AND ONLY IF"

Smithers, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 5, 2013

John Chrysostom (Homilies 40) alleges a similar practice among the Marcionites of the same century: if one of their followers who was being prepared for baptism died before receiving baptism, the dead person's corpse was addressed with the question whether he wished to be baptized, whereupon another answered affirmatively and was baptized for the dead person.[10] In the same passage, explained Paul's mention of people being "baptized for the dead" as a reference to the profession of faith in their own future resurrection that Christians made before being baptized.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Baptism_for_the_ ...
Truth

Leesburg, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 5, 2013

June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
You make that statement as though being Catholic is an insult.
But didn't you know that you have to be Catholic to be a REAL Christian?
The god of the Jews said it was true. He whispered it into the ears of the ex-Jew Catholics.
All religion is BUNK!
Your opinion in which everyone has one.....

Since: Jan 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 5, 2013

OXBORE;

you need to get on the side of Christianity, and QUIT the kibitzing that you are doing on this Forum, by attacking EVERYONE, no matter what they say.

if you disagree when a person makes a stand against the Bible and God, that is good and Righteous,

but you have attacked my Granddaughter after she spoke about her new Relationship with God after She Got Baptised, and several including RoS who was the most vocal Proponent for that Young girls' testimony to her friends on their channel to their World. and you have stepped on very Dangerous ground by your constant attack on that heartfelt testimony. and just because it is my granddaughter, doesn't matter. it could be any young child that gave and has given that kind of a testimony to her friends after being Baptised.

Others blessed that young girl while you attacked her just because of a grammar issue(capitalization).

when you stand before God, let that not be layed in front of you

Smithers, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 5, 2013

A History of Religious Ideas, by Mircea Eliade.

The dreadful Augustinian theory of the damnation of unbaptized dead infants shows that the greatest doctors in the Church are not without redoubtable ambivalence…. Page 50.

Smithers, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 5, 2013

Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
meaning...."IF AND ONLY IF"
Do you believe that what words mean to you, mean the same to your imaginary god???

As John Wayne use to state ... "YOU BETTER BELIEVE IT!!!"

:)
Truth

Leesburg, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 5, 2013

Judged:

June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Christians.
Some Christians even believe that if Christian babies aren't baptized that "god" won't accept them as worthy of his attention.
Silly people and their rituals make too much about fuss over their own stupidity.
What is the purpose of baptism?

Think spiritual for the conscious and heart.....

Smithers, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 5, 2013

If I say GOD means those words to be taken by THIS meaning ... you better believe it's TRUE, as I have OUTSIGHT that matches up WITH my INSIGHT ... and MY insight matches up with GOD's OUTSIGHT ... SO THERE!!!"

Silly people and there silly arrogant game of religious bunk.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 5, 2013

oops, am I in trouble, I misspelled the word "laid" and used this word {layed}.

Uh. never mind. still means the same. I guess.

just another grammar mistake, that I make.

Smithers, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 5, 2013

Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
What is the purpose of baptism?
Think spiritual for the conscious and heart.....
It's a human created ritual ... period.

Do you think that even if a god existed he would disown the soul of a baby because humans didn't perform a ritual for that baby???

By choice you people are idiots.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 5, 2013

June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
It's a human created ritual ... period.
Do you think that even if a god existed he would disown the soul of a baby because humans didn't perform a ritual for that baby???
By choice you people are idiots.
by CHOICE, people like you are Fools

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 452,421 - 452,440 of530,112
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••