Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

Full story: CBC News 573,862
The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ. Full Story
Truth

Leesburg, VA

#468807 Aug 5, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Christians.
Some Christians even believe that if Christian babies aren't baptized that "god" won't accept them as worthy of his attention.
Silly people and their rituals make too much about fuss over their own stupidity.
What is the purpose of baptism?

Think spiritual for the conscious and heart.....

Since: Sep 09

Terrace, Canada

#468809 Aug 5, 2013
If I say GOD means those words to be taken by THIS meaning ... you better believe it's TRUE, as I have OUTSIGHT that matches up WITH my INSIGHT ... and MY insight matches up with GOD's OUTSIGHT ... SO THERE!!!"

Silly people and there silly arrogant game of religious bunk.

Since: Jan 08

Location hidden

#468810 Aug 5, 2013
oops, am I in trouble, I misspelled the word "laid" and used this word {layed}.

Uh. never mind. still means the same. I guess.

just another grammar mistake, that I make.

Terrace, Canada

#468811 Aug 5, 2013
Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
What is the purpose of baptism?
It's a human created ritual ... period.

Do you think that even if a god existed he would disown the soul of a baby because humans didn't perform a ritual for that baby???

By choice you people are idiots.

Location hidden

#468812 Aug 5, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you think that even if a god existed he would disown the soul of a baby because humans didn't perform a ritual for that baby???
by CHOICE, people like you are Fools

Terrace, Canada

#468813 Aug 5, 2013
Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't believe in the word spirit! It implies that humans are attached to gods and goddesses and non-human animals are simply left out of the picture.

From my perception too many words were brought in to play nasty games to in turn scare the be-jeepers into people ... by theologians for their own profits.

Terrace, Canada

#468814 Aug 5, 2013
atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>by CHOICE, people like you are Fools
If I was a Protestant of your self-centered ilk, you would perceive that I was brilliant.

I don't play that game. I believe all humans are simply mortal animals ... period!

Terrace, Canada

#468815 Aug 5, 2013
atemcowboy wrote:
oops, am I in trouble, I misspelled the word "laid" and used this word {layed}.
Did you get layed by the god that used to love only Jews?

:)

Terrace, Canada

#468816 Aug 5, 2013
It has taken a weary long time to persuade American Presbyterians to give up infant damnation and try to bear it the best they can.

Mark Twain
Clay

United States

#468817 Aug 5, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
For centuries the Catholics killed Atheists, Agnostics and all those in other religions, who refused to join the Catholics in their lies.
It's too late to try to make your religion into something of value.
MUCH too late.
I've yet to read any credible historical account of Catholics killing anyone because they believed different.
All my life, I've heard 'crusades, crusades, inquisition, crusades crusades'. I never bothered learning about those events until 5 or 6 yrs ago. And no, i didn't just listen to the Catholic side either. What I found is that history vindicates the Church on so many levels. And the sins that did happen, are completely blown up by Protestant historians with disregard for truth.

Terrace, Canada

#468818 Aug 5, 2013
Georges Minois … History of Suicide … Voluntary Death in Western Culture … Translated by Lydia G. Cochrane. First published in 1995.

According to Graunt, persons not interred in cemeteries (stillborn infants and suicides) were much underreported.

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#468819 Aug 5, 2013
atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>both Hank and myself were saying to YOU that it was Israel that backslid and which caused God to write a "Bill of Divorcement" to her.
we knew that, but like always, you in your senility, GOT IT BACKWARDS.
if you would attend that SBC church more often, you might just learn something about God.
divorce: a cutting (of the matrimonial bond), i.e. divorce:--divorce(-ment).

To apply this definition of marriage to this Scripture is sheer stupidity: a union between a man and a woman...

There is no teaching, in the Bible, or any other source, that says a marriage is between God and a nation!!!!!

However and but..A marriage can also be defined as: closely or intimately united....That is the relationship between God and Israel in this Scripture.......

Truth

Leesburg, VA

#468820 Aug 5, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
There are no commandments in the Word of God that says an infant or small child is in need of being baptized....

Again, what is the purpose of baptism?

Naming calling only shows that you are lacking in understanding....
Truth

Leesburg, VA

#468821 Aug 5, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't believe in the word spirit! It implies that humans are attached to gods and goddesses and non-human animals are simply left out of the picture.
From my perception too many words were brought in to play nasty games to in turn scare the be-jeepers into people ... by theologians for their own profits.
Why should people be scared of the Word of God?
Truth

Leesburg, VA

#468822 Aug 5, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Did you get layed by the god that used to love only Jews?
:)
This question says a lot about your character....

Location hidden

#468823 Aug 5, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
I've yet to read any credible historical account of Catholics killing anyone because they believed different.
All my life, I've heard 'crusades, crusades, inquisition, crusades crusades'. I never bothered learning about those events until 5 or 6 yrs ago. And no, i didn't just listen to the Catholic side either. What I found is that history vindicates the Church on so many levels. And the sins that did happen, are completely blown up by Protestant historians with disregard for truth.
for you and catholics like you to whitewash the Barbaric tactics of the rcc is as foolish as june and her attacks against Christianity
Anthony MN

Minneapolis, MN

#468824 Aug 5, 2013
Hermeneutics Smutics wrote:
<quoted text>=========
"PRESIDING IN AGAPE"- Agape- in love. PRIMACY OF HONOR not Authority. That's already conceded.What is not conceded is that this primacy of love of honor, involved any Authority beyond the Western See.
Macedonius, Patriarch of Constantinople (466-516)

Macedonius declared, when desired by the Emperor Anastasius to condemn the Council of Chalcedon, that 'such a step without an Ecumenical Synod presided over by the Pope of Rome is impossible.'(Macedonius, Patr. Graec. 108: 360a (Theophan. Chronogr. pp. 234-346 seq.)

Emperor Justinian (520-533)

Writing to the Pope:
Yielding honor to the Apostolic See and to Your Holiness, and honoring your Holiness, as one ought to honor a father, we have hastened to subject all the priests of the whole Eastern district, and to unite them to the See of your Holiness, for we do not allow of any point, however manifest and indisputable it be, which relates to the state of the Churches, not being brought to the cognizance of your Holiness, since you are the Head of all the holy Churches.(Justinian Epist. ad. Pap. Joan. ii. Cod. Justin. lib. I. tit. 1).

Let your Apostleship show that you have worthily succeeded to the Apostle Peter, since the Lord will work through you, as Surpreme Pastor, the salvation of all.(Coll. Avell. Ep. 196, July 9th, 520, Justinian to Pope Hormisdas).

John VI, Patriarch of Constantinople (715)

The Pope of Rome, the head of the Christian priesthood, whom in Peter, the Lord commanded to confirm his brethren.(John VI, Epist. ad Constantin. Pap. ad. Combefis, Auctuar. Bibl. P.P. Graec.tom. ii. p. 211, seq.)
St. Nicephorus, Patriarch of Constantinople (758-828)

Without whom (the Romans presiding in the seventh Council) a doctrine brought forward in the Church could not, even though confirmed by canonical decrees and by ecclesiastical usuage, ever obtain full approval or currency. For it is they (the Popes of Rome) who have had assigned to them the rule in sacred things, and who have received into their hands the dignity of headship among the Apostles.(Nicephorus, Niceph. Cpl. pro. s. imag. c 25 [Mai N. Bibl. pp. ii. 30]).
Clay

United States

#468825 Aug 5, 2013
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
I disagree buy that's,ok
Thing is,I haven't seen any of her posts to and from.Catholics making an impression either ..quite the contrary ..
No ones posts to her will do any good- Catholic, Protestant or Jew....it doesn't matter.
June rejects God based on politics, not science. The Judeo-Christian God is not compatible with liberal feminist, so they eliminate Him. That's how is see it.

And as far as Catholics not swaying anyone else on this forum? There is no surprise there. You guys encountered Christ through your various evangelical groups and your KJV. So that's that. You will not entertain the thought that God embraced you personally because He's love. It wasn't because Pastor Bob was speaking the scriptural truth. It was because you seeked God with a sincere heart. I don't believe God wants you to stay put in the nomadic world of private interpretations of the Bible either.
Anthony MN

Minneapolis, MN

#468826 Aug 5, 2013
St. Theodore the Studite of Constantinople (759-826)

Writing to Emperor Michael:
Order that the declaration from old Rome be received, as was the custom by Tradition of our Fathers from of old and from the beginning. For this, O Emperor, is the highests of the Churches of God, in which first Peter held the Chair, to whom the Lord said: Thou art Peter ...and the gates of hell shall not prevail against it.(Theodore, Bk. II. Ep. 86)

I witness now before God and men, they have torn themselves away from the Body of Christ, from the Surpreme See (Rome), in which Christ placed the keys of the Faith, against which the gates of hell (I mean the mouth of heretics) have not prevailed, and never will until the Consummation, according to the promise of Him Who cannot lie. Let the blessed and Apostolic Paschal (Pope St. Paschal I) rejoice therefore, for he has fulfilled the work of Peter.(Theodore Bk. II. Ep. 63).

In truth we have seen that a manifest successor of the prince of the Apostles presides over the Roman Church. We truly believe that Christ has not deserted the Church here (Constantinople), for assistance from you has been our one and only aid from of old and from the beginning by the providence of God in the critical times. You are, indeed the untroubled and pure fount of orthodoxy from the beginning, you the calm harbor of the whole Church, far removed from the waves of heresy, you the God-chosen city of refuge.(Letter of St. Theodor and Four Abbots to Pope Paschal).

Let him (Patriarch Nicephorus of Constantinople) assemble a synod of those with whom he has been at variance, if it is impossible that representatives of the other Patriarchs should be present, a thing which might certainly be if the Emperor should wish the Western Patriarch (the Roman Pope) to be present, to whom is given authority over an ecumenical synod; but let him make peace and union by sending his synodical letters to the prelate of the First See.(Theodore the Studite, Patr. Graec. 99, 1420)

Location hidden

#468827 Aug 5, 2013
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
divorce: a cutting (of the matrimonial bond), i.e. divorce:--divorce(-ment).
To apply this definition of marriage to this Scripture is sheer stupidity: a union between a man and a woman...
There is no teaching, in the Bible, or any other source, that says a marriage is between God and a nation!!!!!
However and but..A marriage can also be defined as: closely or intimately united....That is the relationship between God and Israel in this Scripture.......
again, like always, you get things backwards.

And I saw, when for all the causes whereby backsliding Israel committed adultery I had put her away, and given her{{{{{ a bill of divorce;}}}}}

yet her treacherous sister Judah feared not, but went and played the harlot also.

God uses marriage as an analogy of His relationship with His people—first with Israel and Judah and later with the church—in order to help us see clearly what is required of us. He calls Israel His wife, but Israel was not faithful in that the people committed idolatry. God considers this spiritual idolatry as being the same as, or similar to, the committing of adultery in a human marriage.

http://www.bibletools.org/index.cfm/fuseactio... .

I dont need this link for my understanding but maybe it will help you in your lack of understanding.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
What Divides Catholics and Protestants? (Apr '08) 3 hr Maryc 83,955
Was Obama right about the Crusades and Islamic ... 12 hr Lawrence Wolf 2,021
Most Americans see combating climate change as ... 18 hr The Fact Is 2
United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) Sat Mr Sir 8,910
Saudi effort to promote open society abroad in ... Feb 23 jinxi 3
9 Historical Events That Occurred on Christmas Day Feb 21 cupcake 1
Pope says Catholics must practice a responsible... Feb 20 amc 4
More from around the web