Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 673141 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#468890 Aug 5, 2013
confrinting with the word wrote:
<quoted text>
Question
What do you do with the scripture that says...
Eph 5:22 Wives, submit yourselves unto your own husbands, as unto the Lord.
Eph 5:23 For the husband is the head of the wife, even as Christ is the head of the church: and he is the saviour of the body.
Eph 5:24 -->Therefore as the church is subject unto Christ,
so let the wives be to their own husbands in every thing.
Eph 5:25 Husbands, love your wives,-->even as Christ also loved the church, and gave himself for it;
Eph 5:26 That he might sanctify and cleanse it with the washing of water by the word,
Eph 5:27 That he might present it to himself a glorious church, not having spot, or wrinkle, or any such thing; but that it should be holy and without blemish.
Eph 5:28 So ought men to love their wives as their own bodies. He that loveth his wife loveth himself.
Eph 5:29 For no man ever yet hated his own flesh; but nourisheth and cherisheth it,-->even as the Lord the church:
Eph 5:30 For we are members of his(JESUS) body, of his (JESUS ) flesh,
and of his bones.
Eph 5:31 For this cause shall a man leave his father and mother, and shall be joined unto his wife, and they two shall be one flesh.
Eph 5:32 This is a great mystery: but I speak concerning Christ and the church.
Eph 5:33 Nevertheless let every one of you in particular so love his wife even as himself; and the wife see that she reverence her husband.
Answer....nothing until after you answer several of my posts which you have ignored....

“GOD SO LOVED US”

Since: Aug 08

He Gave His SON,JESUS Christ

#468891 Aug 5, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
This is the core problem with the evangelical movement:
Your post above is filled with I, I, I. Me Me Me. My My My. Christianity isn't all about you.
People leave the Catholic Church all the time saying:'it just doesn't do anything for me'.
Then when you ask them what they've ever done for the Church, they say nothing.
Its all about Jesus, the Bible and them. Whatever personal satisfaction they get out of the faith is what's important I guess. You can not find one trace of any Church father speaking about Christianity like you guys do.
Hold on there

You accused me if being saved by Pastor Bob .

And yes its its ME ..of course it is,regarding MY salvation .And relationships with Christ.Who else would I talk about being saved or not.

I have Saud over and over ..even when ANTHONY was being put down for his testimony

It's about each and every one if us INDIVIDUALLY. with JESUS as,Lord.

NOT THE CC..NOT PASTOR BOB..Not vestments,or holy water ..Not even our bibles..though they give us instruction .

Faith in Jesus ..repentance all are,about JESUS. And me ..And ..You..And ANTHONY And each person Here

So Clay ..I cannot write about anyone else's salvation .

Jesus,PLUS,nothing to come between us and Him .

The temple veil is gone ..no intermediary but Jesus

Since: Jan 08

Location hidden

#468892 Aug 5, 2013
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
Answer....nothing until after you answer several of my posts which you have ignored....
I am under the opinion that it would behoove us to ignore you rather than June. she is much smarter than you are and she shows it.

Location hidden

#468893 Aug 5, 2013
atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>retired over 10 years ago, and how about you. have you ever had a day job?
Yes...same as everybody else...once.....my first job....
Human Being

Kinder, LA

#468894 Aug 5, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
According to you his "love" is only for you and other Catholics.
Why do you suppose he can't resist your magic charms Robert???
:)
June:

Why do you think?
Human Being

Kinder, LA

#468895 Aug 5, 2013
New Age Spiritual Leader wrote:
<quoted text>
Why should people be scared of the Gospel of Thomas or other non0-canonical texts?
New Age Spiritual Leader:

You put to much faith in it.

Its not to be feared, rather it should be examined, then ignored as probable heresy.
Human Being

Kinder, LA

#468896 Aug 5, 2013
Hermeneutics Smutics wrote:
<quoted text>Yes, language was a factor in both minor and between them major( councils) throughout their relationship.Also, bottom line is that the Sees played politics among each other from the beginning.With hierarchy always look for the underlying politics.
Back then Constantinople wrestled with Rome, Alexandria wrestles with Constantinople, Antioch wrestled with Alexandria,etc etc
Getting back to your comment many maintain that the split between Chalcedonians and non Chalcedonians at the council would not have happened if the NonChalcedonians would have understand that the Greek being used did not mean Christ was 2 persons but had 2 natures. Thanks for the input.
Herme:

Ugh-oh! It looks like we agree here on a thread with such discord. Sounds like harmony....

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

"ISA 53:1.--6 "MATT 10:27"

#468897 Aug 5, 2013
who="Clay "
I've yet to read any credible historical account of Catholics killing anyone because they believed different.
All my life, I've heard 'crusades, crusades, inquisition, crusades crusades'. I never bothered learning about those events until 5 or 6 yrs ago. And no, i didn't just listen to the Catholic side either. What I found is that history vindicates the Church on so many levels. And the sins that did happen, are completely blown up by Protestant historians with disregard for truth.

Clay...be kind to yourself. Your history is like everyone else's, and we all tend to believe what we want to. None of us will admit to having skeletons in our closets.:)

I've never owned a slave, nor have I insulted any person because of the color of their skin...but it would be foolish for me to declare that none of my ancestors ever did.(I don't know whether they did, or not.)

There is Catholic history, and there is Protestant history...and then there is the truth. You weren't there, so you cannot speak for the folks who were.

KayMarie
Prometheus

La Palma, CA

#468898 Aug 5, 2013
Gunslinger wrote:
Hell, I've been saying that Catholics are the only folks who do not piss God off for three months now. About time the Pope picked up on my lead.
Can argue all day about a single verse. Need to scan the entirety of Scripture to bring out the truth.
If you give your heart, mind and time to stuying the scriptures you will find that the new testament supplanted the old testament resulting in sacrificial lambs being replaced with the one and only Lamb of God which is Jesus of Nazareth called the Messiah or Christ. Instead of having sin covered for one year only by finite lambs blood, sin was and continues to forever be covered by the infinite Christ's blood.
Likewise upon His death the vail in the holy of Holies was torn from top to bottom to forever symbolize the taking away of the wall that separated man from God by God Himself, and also took away the need for the old testament structure of a go between (priests) and replaced them with a direct relationship with the one true High Priest, Christ Himself. Thus when scripture calls believers priests, it is because each individual has direct access to God through Christ and thus no longer is in need of a priest. The Catholic Church s still using the old testament structure which only proves that it is not in keeping with the new testament Christ died to put in place. Bare with me. Believers, all of us, now have a a direct relationship with the Father through Christ, which is the conduit of our relationship and supplanted the priest who would speak to God for them.
And the ten ommandments main purpose is not to give us the rules or life. That is their secondary purpose yet the only one you ever hear about. The main purpose of the ten commandments were to act as a school teacher and guide us so that we would finally realize that we can't keep them and would both need and come to our savior, Christ.
Christ alone puts back what was taken in the garden by sin. Man fell and became separated from God through a lack of faith in His Word, by failing to not do something (eat fom tree) instead of trusting in Him. Now to set matters straight, if we put our faith in His Word (Christ), which man previously failed to do, we have become the obedient children He originally wanted us to be, all because He paid the price for sin by dieing in our place using the very means we used to sin originally, a tree.
Human Being

Kinder, LA

#468899 Aug 5, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
You might not be a Catholic, but you are a Christian of some morphed denomination or another.
June:

New Age Spiritual Leader is not Christian, or in a morphed denomination. He does not acknowledge Jesus existed, or exists. He has no relationship with Jesus. His only interest is in sayings attributed to Jesus(outside the Bible) as an invention of some Gnostic(non-Christian)/dualist ic writer.
Open Eyes

La Palma, CA

#468900 Aug 5, 2013
confrinting with the word wrote:
who="Clay "
I've yet to read any credible historical account of Catholics killing anyone because they believed different.
All my life, I've heard 'crusades, crusades, inquisition, crusades crusades'. I never bothered learning about those events until 5 or 6 yrs ago. And no, i didn't just listen to the Catholic side either. What I found is that history vindicates the Church on so many levels. And the sins that did happen, are completely blown up by Protestant historians with disregard for truth.
Clay...be kind to yourself. Your history is like everyone else's, and we all tend to believe what we want to. None of us will admit to having skeletons in our closets.:)
I've never owned a slave, nor have I insulted any person because of the color of their skin...but it would be foolish for me to declare that none of my ancestors ever did.(I don't know whether they did, or not.)
There is Catholic history, and there is Protestant history...and then there is the truth. You weren't there, so you cannot speak for the folks who were.
KayMarie
Hundreds of thousands (millions?) were killed by both the Jesuits (inquisition) and the Crusaders. It wasn't until WW I and again by Hiter in WW II that the figure was bypassed.How could anyone who knows how to read not have heard. How convenient to turn a blind eye. If you don't know what you believe and why you believe it, and have it backed by scripture not a churches doctrine, you are fodder for Satan's armies. Protect yourself please. Read Epheians.

#468901 Aug 5, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
Your post above is filled with I, I, I. Me Me Me. My My My. Christianity isn't all about you.
People leave the Catholic Church all the time saying:'it just doesn't do anything for me'.
Then when you ask them what they've ever done for the Church, they say nothing.
Its all about Jesus, the Bible and them. Whatever personal satisfaction they get out of the faith is what's important I guess. You can not find one trace of any Church father speaking about Christianity like you guys do.
You wrote

~~~
Sorry that you do not Believe that JESUS TOOK YOUR PLACE PERSONALLY AT CALVARY'S CROSS.

THAT Christ did not die for you..

____---

CHRISTIANITY IS ALL FOR/ABOUT ME...

He took MY SINS AWAY...AND CHRISTIANITY IS ALL ABOUT

WHAT JESUS DID FOR ME PERSONALLY.

MY RELATIONSHIP BETWEEN GOD AND MYSELF, THROUGH JESUS CHRIST HIS SON IS PERSONAL ...BETWEEN ME AND GOD ALONE...

AS YOURS SHOULD BE...

I WILL STAND BEFORE HIM PERSONALLY AND GIVE AN ACCOUNT PERSONALLY

I DON'T SEE HOW IT COULD BE ANY OTHER WAY...

_______

Isa 53:4 Surely he hath borne our/MY griefs, and carried our/MY sorrows:

yet we/I did esteem him stricken, smitten of God, and afflicted.

Isa 53:5 But he/JESUS was wounded for our/MY transgressions,

he/JESUS was bruised for our/MY iniquities:

the chastisement of our/MY peace was upon him/JESUS; and

with his stripes we/I are healed.

Isa 53:6 All we like sheep have gone astray; we have turned every one to his own way; and

the LORD hath laid on him/JESUS the iniquity/MY INIQUITY.. of us all.

Php_2:12 Wherefore, my beloved, as ye have always obeyed,

not as in my presence only,

but now much more in my absence,

work out your own salvation with fear and trembling.

“GOD SO LOVED US”

#468902 Aug 5, 2013
Prometheus wrote:
<quoted text>
Can argue all day about a single verse. Need to scan the entirety of Scripture to bring out the truth.
If you give your heart, mind and time to stuying the scriptures you will find that the new testament supplanted the old testament resulting in sacrificial lambs being replaced with the one and only Lamb of God which is Jesus of Nazareth called the Messiah or Christ. Instead of having sin covered for one year only by finite lambs blood, sin was and continues to forever be covered by the infinite Christ's blood.
Likewise upon His death the vail in the holy of Holies was torn from top to bottom to forever symbolize the taking away of the wall that separated man from God by God Himself, and also took away the need for the old testament structure of a go between (priests) and replaced them with a direct relationship with the one true High Priest, Christ Himself. Thus when scripture calls believers priests, it is because each individual has direct access to God through Christ and thus no longer is in need of a priest. The Catholic Church s still using the old testament structure which only proves that it is not in keeping with the new testament Christ died to put in place. Bare with me. Believers, all of us, now have a a direct relationship with the Father through Christ, which is the conduit of our relationship and supplanted the priest who would speak to God for them.
And the ten ommandments main purpose is not to give us the rules or life. That is their secondary purpose yet the only one you ever hear about. The main purpose of the ten commandments were to act as a school teacher and guide us so that we would finally realize that we can't keep them and would both need and come to our savior, Christ.
Christ alone puts back what was taken in the garden by sin. Man fell and became separated from God through a lack of faith in His Word, by failing to not do something (eat fom tree) instead of trusting in Him. Now to set matters straight, if we put our faith in His Word (Christ), which man previously failed to do, we have become the obedient children He originally wanted us to be, all because He paid the price for sin by dieing in our place using the very means we used to sin originally, a tree.
I'm saving that to reread ..very succinctly and well put..imo
Clay

Garden City, MI

#468903 Aug 5, 2013
atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>only a deviate such as yourself would ever think this is noble.
Anti-Semitism
See also: Persecution of Jews in the First Crusade
On a popular level, the preaching of the First Crusade unleashed a wave of impassioned, personally felt pious Christian fury that was expressed in the massacres of Jews that accompanied and preceded the movement of the crusaders through Europe,[23] as well as the violent treatment of the "schismatic" Orthodox Christians of the east.[24]
in this "crusade" you catholics killed Jewish people as well as the Orthodox church members.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Crusades
I'm not surprised you would quote the one paragraph in that Wikipedia article that implies wrongdoing by the Church. Your last sentence sums up what an ignorant southern bigot you are.

Since: Jan 08

Location hidden

#468904 Aug 5, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm not surprised you would quote the one paragraph in that Wikipedia article that implies wrongdoing by the Church. Your last sentence sums up what an ignorant southern bigot you are.
dispute the verse, not Attack me for posting it.

as far as myself being a ignorant southern bigot. I do admit being from the south, OHIO THAT IS.LOL

Ignorant". not likely, since I knew how to maneuver thru the internet to find this tidbit.

bigot? here is the definition of that word. I don't fit it.lol

one who regards or treats the members of a group (as a racial or ethnic group) with hatred and intolerance .

as far as your race, I know nothing about that concerning you.

ethnicity, I know nothing about you concerning that also, tho I do know that you are {ignorant} since you remain a catholic even tho you know of the devilishness that your group of so called religious persons have done to innocent people over many centuries since 1054 AD when it left the Teachings of the Apostles and made up their own rules, thereby circumventing the Word of God.

“GOD SO LOVED US”

#468905 Aug 5, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
CLAY wrong was,done ..as Kay Said ..You did NOT do it

Misguided human beings,caused it .it was horror done in the name of God which He did not ask for
truth

Perth, Australia

#468906 Aug 5, 2013
no your don't need listen sick person does meter is your husbund or wife love-ones or any relatives or friends..
Definitely not!
Its very us-full say to corupt institution and friends with great envy as accusers toward any husbund wife child old people good workers students,sick people and so on...

Scripture teach you about moral worthy virtue!
-act always toward 'conciseness' as you could

#468907 Aug 5, 2013
Open Eyes wrote:
<quoted text>
Hundreds of thousands (millions?) were killed by both the Jesuits (inquisition) and the Crusaders. It wasn't until WW I and again by Hiter in WW II that the figure was bypassed.How could anyone who knows how to read not have heard. How convenient to turn a blind eye. If you don't know what you believe and why you believe it, and have it backed by scripture not a churches doctrine, you are fodder for Satan's armies. Protect yourself please. Read Epheians.
THE ATTEMPTED USURPATION OF THE PHYSICAL DYNASTY OF DAVID BY THE ROMAN CATHOLIC CHURCH IS OBVIOUS TO ALL THAT BELIEVE THE BIBLE...

THEY HAVE ATTEMPTED TO DESTROY THE SPIRITUAL DYNASTY OF JESUS CHRIST

(which is in the hearts of all BORN AGAIN BELIEVERS.)..move the PHYSICAL

DYNASTY OF DAVID TO ROME ITALY AND ESTABLISH UPON IT ...THE APOSTLE

PETER

(WHICH WAS NOT/IS NOT.... A DESCENDENT OF DAVID)

PLACE UPON THEIR PHYSICAL THRONE

AND A WHOLE LINE OF GENTILES

WHICH THEY CALL PAPAL SUCCESSORS OF GENTILE POPES.

FIRST THEY HAD THE CRUSADES TO DESTROY THE SEED ROYAL...

THE DESCENDENTS OF THE BROTHERS AND SISTERS OF JESUS

(WHOM THEY DENY EVER EXISTED, AND INT THE INQUISITION THEY HAVE

ATTEMPTED TO KILL THE SPIRITUAL FOLLOWERS (THE TRUE CHURCH )THOSE THAT

BELIEVED ON JESUS CHRIST AS THEIR LORD AND SAVIOR...

IF IN THE 28 GENERATIONS BETWEEN THE ESTABLISHMENT DAVID'S DYNASTY,

THE DYNASTY OF DAVID HAD CONTINUED TO THE DAY THE JESUS WAS BORN...

JOSEPH WOULD HAVE BEEN KING...MARY WOULD HAVE BEEN QUEEN AND JESUS WOULD

HAVE BEEN HEIR APPARENT TO THE THRONE OF DAVID IN JERUSALEM .

IF THE PHYSICAL DYNASTY OF DAVID HAD CONTINUED...

(AFTER THE ASCENSION OF JESUS)

JAMES THE BROTHER OF JESUS WOULD HAVE BEEN NEXT IN LINE TO THE PHYSICAL

THRONE IN JERUSALEM.

THE ROMAN CATHOLIC CHURCH DENIES THAT JAMES THE BROTHER OF JESUS WAS EVER BORN...

THUS COVERING THEIR FABLE OF THE PERPETUAL VIRGINITY OF MARY}

BUT

ALL THAT BELIEVE THE BIBLE KNOW THAT JESUS ESTABLISHED A SPIRITUAL

KINGDOM IN THE HEARTS OF THOSE THAT BELIEVE IN HIM, AND HIS PHYSICAL

KINGDOM WILL CONTINUE AT HIS SECOND COMING IN HIS MILLENNIAL REIGN

UPON THE EARTH..

sa 9:6 For unto us a child is born, unto us a son is given: and the government shall be upon his shoulder: and his name shall be called Wonderful, Counsellor, The mighty God, The everlasting Father, The Prince of Peace.

NOTE
Isa 9:7 Of the increase of his government and peace

there shall be no end, upon the throne of David, and upon his kingdom,

to order it, and to establish it with judgment and with justice from henceforth even for ever.

The zeal of the LORD of hosts will perform this.

IF YOU DON'T UNDERSTAND WHAT i HAVE POSTED i WILL GLADLY CLARIFY IT FOR YOU.
truth

Perth, Australia

#468908 Aug 5, 2013
No you don't need respect corupt institution
as well corupt people with corupt diploma.
No its not worthy or moral obligation.
truth

Perth, Australia

#468909 Aug 5, 2013
it is written who will sit on holy chair..
evil

as always still not peace on this planet as well not will be..they don't liked god or any righteousness person..in this world they will do spit and remove every righteousness from everybody if they could..evil is evil as always evil act..

it is written
tribe against tribe nation against nations..
wicket devilish and satanic against righteousness people..
by

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) 3 hr Married in 10,462
News DeGeneres says her show is no place for anti-ga... Mar 22 sharona 406
News Pope Francis to visit Egypt on April 28-29: Vat... Mar 18 For an ISLAM-FREE... 1
News Pope Francis 'urges parents to have fewer child... Mar 18 Newt G s Next Rel... 24
News Benedict's Resignation: Blame Obama Mar 14 Texxy 1
News Pope discusses climate, immigrants in historic ... (Sep '15) Mar 13 Wall specialist 49
News The Real 'Muslim Ban' Is Happening in Muslim Co... Mar 6 synchronized 1
More from around the web