Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 668051 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

Truth

Leesburg, VA

#468870 Aug 5, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
I already explained my concept to you, but here goes again.
There is no purpose to baptism, except that it was and is simply a human religious ritual, comparable to a Native pounding a drum in honor of what he believed was the great spirit.
And you are totally WRONG....a human religious ritual.....

Sad, really sad.....

So, you are saying that God does not have a purpose for baptism???
Truth

Leesburg, VA

#468871 Aug 5, 2013
New Age Spiritual Leader wrote:
<quoted text>
Why should people be scared of the Gospel of Thomas or other non0-canonical texts?
Gospel of Thomas is NOT inspired and NEVER will be inspired.....

Since: Jan 08

Location hidden

#468872 Aug 5, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah, noble.
well thankfully in the end, God punished your leaders for killing so many innocent people, and took away their military power that they once controlled.

and next to fall will be any religious influence that they now think that they possess.

and in the Balcony in Heaven, we who were Born Again Christians will see that great downfall of that "harlot that sets on seven hills, that great deceiver that satan has owned since 1054 AD
Truth

Leesburg, VA

#468873 Aug 5, 2013
<quoted text>
Jesus.
Have you OBEYED the COMMANDS of Jesus in the NT???

Since: Sep 09

Prince George, Canada

#468874 Aug 5, 2013
Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
Why should people be scared of the Word of God?
According to the theology your god allows a devil and hell to exist in his kingdom.

People that fear hell ... are not only eager to be saved ... they are often paranoid to be saved.

I believe it was and is part of the plan of the money-scheming theologians.

Prince George, Canada

#468875 Aug 5, 2013
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
While I really like,Pastor Bob..the one from Florida.
Let me guess ... does he tell you that you will be saved and others deserve hell?

:)

Since: Jan 08

Location hidden

#468876 Aug 5, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah, noble.
only a deviate such as yourself would ever think this is noble.

Anti-Semitism

See also: Persecution of Jews in the First Crusade

On a popular level, the preaching of the First Crusade unleashed a wave of impassioned, personally felt pious Christian fury that was expressed in the massacres of Jews that accompanied and preceded the movement of the crusaders through Europe,[23] as well as the violent treatment of the "schismatic" Orthodox Christians of the east.[24]

in this "crusade" you catholics killed Jewish people as well as the Orthodox church members.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Crusades

“GOD SO LOVED US”

Since: Aug 08

He Gave His SON,JESUS Christ

#468877 Aug 5, 2013
confrinting with the word wrote:
WOW
MY PC HAS REALLY GONE WILD...
MY FORMER POST HAS APPEARED THREE TIMES...
I have set down to take up pen and ink to type you a post while standing.
NOW IF YOU DON'T RECEIVE THIS POST.... LET ME KNOW AND I WILL SEND IT AGAIN
LOL
Lol if I have along one I copy the whole reply box ..just in case it gets,lost ..topix time outs and multiple posts are legend !!!

I try yo refresh the page before I repost ...But sadly Not always,successful .

Prince George, Canada

#468878 Aug 5, 2013
Simple wrote:
<quoted text>
Unless God is confused why would he call you people to different faiths?

They don't GET it,'cause they don't WANT to get it.
Chris

Moorpark, CA

#468879 Aug 5, 2013
That has always been the Catholic church position. We do view Protestants as out Christians brother.

Chris
Owner Cel Financial Services
IRS Registered Tax Return Preparer
Registered bonded California CTEC Tax Preparer
Please visit my website for all your Income Tax Fillmore needs.
Please visit my website for all your Fillmore Income Tax needs.
http://www.taxprepfillmore.com/

Prince George, Canada

#468880 Aug 5, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
Just so you're aware, you didn't cite anything where Catholics killed people 'because they believed different'.
It was because Catholics believed different than others that they DID kill others as heretics and witches.

If you don't GET THAT you are an idiot.

Do you think your pope apologized to others for having bad table manners?

The Catholics tortured and killed others for centuries in the pretense that the people they were torturing and killing were offending god ... the same god created in the minds of the Jews for the Jews ... no less.

Religion is insane.
Truth

Leesburg, VA

#468881 Aug 5, 2013
<quoted text>
We've already gone over this, and in fact, in the past 10 pages, it has been discussed again.
No baptism is necessary for salvation.
There. Which makes its purpose to be:
a. a gathering of friends and relatives to spend time together.
b. a time when others think priests and ministers are important
c. since it all depends upon how one does this ritual, I'm not sure anyone completely understands why it is done.
Well, since I have just come on again, maybe go over baptism for 10 more pages, then you might understand it.....

And, you really believe a, b and c is God's purpose for baptism???

A COMMAND from Jesus to be baptized is....(your answer)....a gathering of friends and relatives to spend time together.

A COMMAND from Jesus to be baptized is....(your answer)....a time when others think priests and ministers are important.

A COMMAND from Jesus to be baptized is....(your answer)....since it all depends upon how one does this ritual, I'm not sure anyone completely understands why it is done.

And, you claim to have a "right relationship with God."

So, the COMMANDS of Jesus in the NT are not important to saving your soul.....I got it!!!

Prince George, Canada

#468882 Aug 5, 2013
<quoted text>
~~~
Pro_14:18 The simple inherit folly: but the prudent are crowned with knowledge.
OOOOOOOO. Now you get one guess who KayMarie believes is full of knowledge.

If you answer KayMarie ... the Protestant ... you got the right answer.

KayMarie is very humble. YEAH RIGHT!!!

“GOD SO LOVED US”

Since: Aug 08

He Gave His SON,JESUS Christ

#468883 Aug 5, 2013
I once heard Confrint (I think) accuse us of murdering 50 million during the crusades. Well, there was only about 50 million in Europe during that time period.. lol.
~~~
Are you sure...or do you just think ....you are sure that confront said that...
Just how many did your Roman Catholic church
torture
murder and burn at the stake and confiscate their property...
in the 650 years of inquisition any way?
what about the crusades...do you deny that too...
Look I know an all out effort has ben made to whitewsh the evil of the Roman Catholic Church
BUT
COME JUDGMENT DAY,
EVEN
Luk_12:3 Therefore whatsoever ye have spoken in darkness shall be heard in the light; and that which ye have spoken in the ear in closets shall be proclaimed upon the housetops.
AND BE SURE YOU SINS WILL FIND YOU OUT...
Are you bragging or complaining..that it wasn't enough?
And Jesus,wept ..at the horrors,of ALL doing this,in His name.

And the Covenant given to Abraham the a regarding his,descendents,???

We may not be under Jewish Law,

But does,anyone here think God forgot His,promise,to bless those who bless them

And CURSE those who curse THEM

I don't .

He,alone will deal with His Chosen

We are adopted

For any CHRISTIAN to kill Jews in God's,name

It to Kill each other ..

Is,..well I believe He weeps,

Prince George, Canada

#468884 Aug 5, 2013
<quoted text>
Jesus.
You might not be a Catholic, but you are a Christian of some morphed denomination or another.
Truth

Leesburg, VA

#468885 Aug 5, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
I already explained my concept to you, but here goes again.
There is no purpose to baptism, except that it was and is simply a human religious ritual, comparable to a Native pounding a drum in honor of what he believed was the great spirit.
That is your opinion and everyone has one.....

And, NO, it is NOT a human religious ritual.....

If baptism is SPIRITUAL, how can it be a human religious ritual???

You are lacking, that is for sure....
Truth

Leesburg, VA

#468886 Aug 5, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
According to the theology your god allows a devil and hell to exist in his kingdom.
People that fear hell ... are not only eager to be saved ... they are often paranoid to be saved.
I believe it was and is part of the plan of the money-scheming theologians.
People who do NOT want to be separated from God....want to be SAVED from the bondage of sin.

And, why do you think that hell exists???

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#468887 Aug 5, 2013
atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>again, like always, you get things backwards.
And I saw, when for all the causes whereby backsliding Israel committed adultery I had put her away, and given her{{{{{ a bill of divorce;}}}}}
yet her treacherous sister Judah feared not, but went and played the harlot also.
God uses marriage as an analogy of His relationship with His people—first with Israel and Judah and later with the church—in order to help us see clearly what is required of us. He calls Israel His wife, but Israel was not faithful in that the people committed idolatry. God considers this spiritual idolatry as being the same as, or similar to, the committing of adultery in a human marriage.
http://www.bibletools.org/index.cfm/fuseactio... .
I dont need this link for my understanding but maybe it will help you in your lack of understanding.
"And I saw, when for all the causes whereby backsliding Israel committed adultery I had put her away, and given her{{{{{ a bill of divorce;}}}}}"

In the Scripture you quoted...show me "wife" show me "marriage"...

Glad to help:
Gave her a bill of divorce simple means He delivered her up into the hands of the Assyrian, and took from her the title of being his church, 2Ki 17:5,6, which he calls here a bill of divorce. Has nothing to do with wife...wives...marriage....
Chris

Moorpark, CA

#468888 Aug 5, 2013
This has always been the churches position. We view Protestants as our Christian brothers.

Chris
Owner Cel Financial Services
IRS Registered Tax Return Preparer
Registered bonded California CTEC Tax Preparer
Please visit my website for all your Fillmore Income Tax needs.
http://www.taxprepfillmore.com/

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

#468889 Aug 5, 2013
Human Being wrote:
<quoted text>
Herme:
But do you think the rise of Arianism and the split(East/West) was more due to language(greek vs latin) problems. And that earlier there was a deficiency in language in general to convey Christianity?
It seems to me, that in trying to solve the ancient deficiencies in language was the problem and is the center of the issues, and not the rise of the papacy( in the decline of the Roman Empire under Constantine). And having established cultural patterns, at least in part, prevents and subverts efforts of unification.
Yes, language was a factor in both minor and between them major( councils) throughout their relationship.Also, bottom line is that the Sees played politics among each other from the beginning.With hierarchy always look for the underlying politics.
Back then Constantinople wrestled with Rome, Alexandria wrestles with Constantinople, Antioch wrestled with Alexandria,etc etc
Getting back to your comment many maintain that the split between Chalcedonians and non Chalcedonians at the council would not have happened if the NonChalcedonians would have understand that the Greek being used did not mean Christ was 2 persons but had 2 natures. Thanks for the input.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News DeGeneres says her show is no place for anti-ga... 23 min Rose_NoHo 341
News United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) Jan 20 Married in 10,389
News Dr Zakir Naik invites Pope Benedict XVI for ope... (Oct '06) Jan 14 Serah 14,364
News 7 reasons why Friday the 13th is considered an ... Jan 14 True Christian wi... 3
News Women should breastfeed in church, Pope Francis... Jan 11 Jeremy 3
News Pope Francis Affirms Evolution and Big Bang Theory (Jul '15) Dec 30 Dogen 508
News Preview: The Pope's Choir Dec '16 KenJr26 1
More from around the web