Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 646706 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

marge

Leesburg, GA

#468723 Aug 5, 2013
Hank! Where you been?

Since: Sep 09

Prince George, Canada

#468724 Aug 5, 2013
Jefferson might have stated that he created an offshoot of the bible for his own use, but I suggest he didn't have it published so HE could read it ... but rather he had it published in hopes that OTHERS would cotton to it as being of great value to humanity.

Religion was created by men of ego and Jefferson was a prime example of such ego.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >

The Jefferson Bible … Thomas Jefferson … Introduction by Forrest Church … Afterword by Jaroslav Pelikan.

But the evidence suggests that, when he prepared The Philosophy of Jesus, Jefferson’s mind was more on himself than on the Indians. When alluding to the Philosophy in his correspondence, never once did Jefferson describe it as a collection for the Indians.“I have performed this operation for my own use,” he wrote in a letter to Adams. On another occasion, Jefferson spoke of the project as an extension of ideas contained in the Syllabus made “for my own satisfaction.”

Prince George, Canada

#468725 Aug 5, 2013
Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
God LOVES everyone.....
God DOES NOT LOVE SIN.....
If you are under the BONDAGE OF SIN, you CAN NOT/WILL NOT have any relationship with God.....
Knowing the Word of God and having spiritual understanding....
You don't fool me. You believe that god favors those in your religion, and that only others deserve hell.

Prince George, Canada

#468726 Aug 5, 2013
Human Being wrote:
<quoted text>
confronting:
Lets discuss it....
I kind of feel that June is here trying to convince herself. Can a person that repeats the same thinking over and over be convincing somebody else? I think not.
She is very, very confused. And most of us have been there.
I don't know if any of us can make any headway in helping her out of her conflicting ideas, but I think at times we can give her some hope.
I think with her losses, and an atheist husband, it has driven her to desperation, and despair. It is quite dark where she is....
So I think we need to shine for her more brightly. It is not for us to give up on her....God may show us all some lessons here on being a bit more kind, and patient.
Another sermon from the Catholic that believes others deserve hell and he deserves heaven.

One pile of bullshit after another stems from this arrogant animal known as Robert F.
Truth

Leesburg, VA

#468727 Aug 5, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
You don't fool me. You believe that god favors those in your religion, and that only others deserve hell.
If they ARE NOT in the right relationship with God....where are they?

Are you in the right relationship with God?

“GOD SO LOVED US”

Since: Aug 08

He Gave His SON,JESUS Christ

#468728 Aug 5, 2013
confrinting with the word wrote:
<quoted text>
~~~
In the Church where I am lead pastor we share our Church with an ethnic group.
We worship together every other Sunday evening.... We have an interpreter
so all can understand what is being spoken forth...
Our group has Bible study on Wednesday night and
the other use the Church on Thursdays evenings.
We are Christians Brethren and we shun cultural differences, love abounds.
Worship of God in Jesus Christ and God's word is out common interest.
Exactly ..at one time we rented to one ethnic group and basically gave space to the group I mentioned .

Christians are all over ..That was the plan and commission.

And they are our brethren.

But my point was about BEINGS assertion of needing to blend in .

We do not need to blend their practices ..such a voo doo so they intermixed as in Haiti ..

And others that mix God in ..stir shake ..voila,a mixed RELIGION.
Jesus did nit tell us to kill chickens ..etc
Truth

Leesburg, VA

#468729 Aug 5, 2013
marge wrote:
Hank! Where you been?
It is a long story....

Did you miss me? LOL....

Prince George, Canada

#468730 Aug 5, 2013
Each person that goes to the bible and interprets the words to his/her own satisfaction ... in essence is re-writing the bible.

Thomas Jefferson (in his arrogant frame of mind) simply put his interpretations of Jesus "philosophy" down on paper and published his own interpretations of what the words meant to him ... for others to read.

You people that are arguing what the biblical words mean to you are committing the same game as did Thomas Jefferson, when he played word-games in his own mind and thought he knew the REAL truth.

Silly people!
>>>>>>> >>>>>>

The Use and Misuse of Language … edited by S. I. Hayakawa.

General semanticists know it is hard to make the average person realize that he brings meaning to the word, that the word does not contain any meaning

Prince George, Canada

#468731 Aug 5, 2013
I suggest you keep in mind that Billy Graham found different meanings in those biblical words when "suddenly" he preached that people no longer have to be Christian to be "saved."

The words in his bible never changed, but Billy changed and along with his point of view, he changed the meanings of the words to AGAIN suit his desires.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>

Beware of words—they are dangerous things. They can change colour like the chameleon, and they return like a boomerang.

Sir William Osler
Truth

Leesburg, VA

#468732 Aug 5, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Is everyone worthy of God’s grace IF they are in the right relationship with God?

Prince George, Canada

#468733 Aug 5, 2013
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
Exactly ..at one time we rented to one ethnic group and basically gave space to the group I mentioned .
We do not need to blend their practices ..such a voo doo so they intermixed as in Haiti ..
Your brain is playing scrabble with its Protestant arrogant self.

Do you honestly believe that a god favors your Protestant religion as the only one of value TO the god.

Can you BE that insufferably arrogant?

Maybe that is the question you should ask of your self?
truth

Perth, Australia

#468734 Aug 5, 2013
no god love sinners and money of all thief's
yee
are you happy

it is written evil wicket have lots of money in name of righteousness
pardon papers coins from dust as well card from plastic bottle..people collecting plastic bottle for plastic bank cards..o gee
you are all rich..great numbers is always great
truth

Perth, Australia

#468735 Aug 5, 2013
god come because of sinners
on cross he say all thief's will be with me
see

he don't liked victims
nooooooooooooooooooooo

its prove corupt institution love just themself
Truth

Leesburg, VA

#468736 Aug 5, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
Each person that goes to the bible and interprets the words to his/her own satisfaction ... in essence is re-writing the bible.
Thomas Jefferson (in his arrogant frame of mind) simply put his interpretations of Jesus "philosophy" down on paper and published his own interpretations of what the words meant to him ... for others to read.
You people that are arguing what the biblical words mean to you are committing the same game as did Thomas Jefferson, when he played word-games in his own mind and thought he knew the REAL truth.
Silly people!
>>>>>>> >>>>>>
The Use and Misuse of Language … edited by S. I. Hayakawa.
General semanticists know it is hard to make the average person realize that he brings meaning to the word, that the word does not contain any meaning
"he who has ears to hear"

How receptive are you to hearing the message of the Word of God?

Have you come with your heart and mind ready to receive God’s message?

Prince George, Canada

#468737 Aug 5, 2013
Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
Is everyone worthy of God’s grace IF they are in the right relationship with God?
I don't believe in the existence of a creator, but back when I did, I believed I would never be chosen as a favorite because of what I believed. It was just not in me to be THAT arrogant.

That is YOUR religious game.

Because of your Christian religion you think you have full OWNERSHIP of the god's emotions ... of all the silly nonsense.

It's even more peculiar because you believe that a Jew (the son of a Jewish god) is coming back to earth to rescue ONLY Christians.

If you can't see the stupidity of that dogma, you really don't want to see.
Truth

Leesburg, VA

#468738 Aug 5, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
I suggest you keep in mind that Billy Graham found different meanings in those biblical words when "suddenly" he preached that people no longer have to be Christian to be "saved."
The words in his bible never changed, but Billy changed and along with his point of view, he changed the meanings of the words to AGAIN suit his desires.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>
Beware of words—they are dangerous things. They can change colour like the chameleon, and they return like a boomerang.
Sir William Osler
Billy Graham is a false teacher.....

To know the Word of God is to know who the false teachers are....

Prince George, Canada

#468739 Aug 5, 2013
People that USE the word truth as their avatar on a forum are already in trouble, as they have taken it upon their selves to claim to KNOW truth.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>

Brewer’s Dictionary of Phrase & Fable by Ivor H. Evans … First published 1817.

The naked truth. The plain, unvarnished truth; truth without trimmings. The fable says that Truth and Falsehood went bathing; Falsehood came first out of the water, and dressed herself in Truth’s garments. Truth, unwilling to take those of Falsehood, went naked.
marge

Leesburg, GA

#468740 Aug 5, 2013
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
Catholism did nothing for them so they searched other things.
Truth

Leesburg, VA

#468741 Aug 5, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Your brain is playing scrabble with its Protestant arrogant self.
Do you honestly believe that a god favors your Protestant religion as the only one of value TO the god.
Can you BE that insufferably arrogant?
Maybe that is the question you should ask of your self?
The Apostle Peter speaking:

"I now realize how true it is that God DOES NOT show favoritism but accepts men from every nation who fear him and do what is right."

Obedience to what is right........

Are you obedient to the Word of God?

Prince George, Canada

#468742 Aug 5, 2013
From my perspective, those who use words in a bible to play biblical games of scrabble (first with their selves and then with others)... ought to pay heed to the word "truthiness" ... as concepts of truth might not even fly close to the bulls eye of truth ... even if such a thing as absolute truth exists ... which is another issue entirely.
>>>>>>> >>

Truthiness "act or quality of preferring concepts or facts one wishes to be true, rather than those known to be true," catch word popularized in this sense by U.S. comedian Stephen Colbert, declared by American Dialect Society to be "2005 Word of the Year."

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) 8 hr Mr Sir 10,166
News Pope says Church should ask forgiveness from ga... Mon South Knox Hombre 2
News Nation-Now 57 mins ago 10:35 a.m.Pope Francis s... Mon Rev Cash Dollar 1
News John Paul II College of Davao (Dec '07) Jun 20 tine 673
News Milwaukee Rising: Looking for the city's most u... Jun 20 Tom 2
News Pope names new papal nuncio to the United States Jun 1 Michael 7
News Pope's zero tolerance for pedophiles faces test... (Mar '15) May '16 Gods r Delusions ... 4
More from around the web