Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 703528 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

Human Being

Roanoke, LA

#468431 Aug 3, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
The STUDY of religion is theology. Since when does STUDY of anything jump the gun to state KNOWING the answers???
June:

Make up your own definitions to words and concepts. It is the only evidence we have of insanity.

Theology:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Theology

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/theolo...

http://www.theology.edu/theology.htm

There are lots more definitions which all basically agree. Why is your definition so contrary to them? One answer. Insanity.
Human Being

Roanoke, LA

#468432 Aug 3, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Religion is not Atheism. Otherwise you would still be an Atheist.
June:

Of course you don't know the definition of religion....

http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/rel...

Atheism to you is a religion.(By definition in Merriam-Webster dictionary.

If you don't believe what you read, that is fine. If you dispute it, that is fine too. Just another one on the list for insanity.

Oh, Oh, I get it now. You are going to plead insanity for your defense!
Human Being

Roanoke, LA

#468433 Aug 3, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
:)
The poster Human Being was a Protestant turned Catholic who "flirted" with Buddhism ... turned Atheist and now has reverted back into Catholicism ... where he is certain that he is more assured of being saved than he was when he was first a Protestant.
June:

You forgot Judaism, Hinduism, Sufism, and Islam!

(I never went New Age, or Gnostic/Dualism.)
June VanDerMark

Since: Sep 09

Quesnel, Canada

#468434 Aug 3, 2013
myth
[mith] Show IPA

noun
a traditional or legendary story, usually concerning some being or hero or event, with or without a determinable basis of fact or a natural explanation, especially one that is concerned with deities or demigods and explains some practice, rite, or phenomenon of nature.

stories or matter of this kind: realm of myth.

any invented story, idea, or concept: His account of the event is pure myth.

an imaginary or fictitious thing or person.

an unproved or false collective belief that is used to justify a social institution.

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/myth
Human Being

Roanoke, LA

#468435 Aug 3, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
All suffering is too much when it pertains to the idea that a god found it necessary in order to prove a point.
If you think that little starving babies screaming for food is fun for the babies you are as sick in your brain as was mother Teresa when she suggested to a suffering starving dying human that suffering was a kiss from Jesus.
Religion is despicable.
June:

I never said a suffering baby is fun. I leave such thoughts with someone who is insane.

A basic straw-man by someone desperate to say anything to anyone for any reason. You just chose your religion of atheism to spread on this religious site. I would say that it is anarchic, but that would be giving your brand of religion some goal, rather than just chaos.
Human Being

Roanoke, LA

#468436 Aug 3, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Theologians changed words at will. That was just one more change after long lists of changes. But it wouldn't matter, because the first words from theologians were also based on lies.
Theology means to study religion as a whole ... not to claim to KNOW the answers.
June:

Sit in the corner and repeat the insane mantras one hundred times.

"Religion is bunk."
Theology is the study of religion."
June VanDerMark

Quesnel, Canada

#468437 Aug 3, 2013
Human Being wrote:
<quoted text>
June:
Of course you don't know the definition of religion....
http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/rel...
Atheism to you is a religion.(By definition in Merriam-Webster dictionary.
If you don't believe what you read, that is fine. If you dispute it, that is fine too. Just another one on the list for insanity.
Oh, Oh, I get it now. You are going to plead insanity for your defense!
Your link was about the meaning religion ... not the meaning of Atheism.

Atheism to me is the lack of religion.

Has your well of HIGH wisdom let you down Robert F?

>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>

a·the·ism
[ey-thee-iz-uhm] Show IPA

noun
the doctrine or belief that there is no God.

disbelief in the existence of a supreme being or beings.

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/atheis...
Human Being

Roanoke, LA

#468438 Aug 3, 2013
Plain Jane wrote:
<quoted text>
Thank you. There are many RC forums. Since you use the plural form of church, it doesn't exactly sound like you hold to the "only true" dogma, so why post here?
Plain Jane:

There are some here to dialogue, even be ecumenical(at times). There are a majority here that desire justification in their beliefs. And there are some that are just insane on this thread.

I have a variety of reasons why and to whom I post on here. One of them is to try to communicate spiritual ideas. This helps clarify them in my own mind.

Also, in a sense, I am curious to see where people are in their own spiritual journeys....
June VanDerMark

Quesnel, Canada

#468439 Aug 3, 2013
Human Being wrote:
<quoted text>
June:
I never said a suffering baby is fun. I leave such thoughts with someone who is insane.
Yet you defend and worship an image of a god that supposedly watches those babies screaming day and night and does nothing to fill their hungry little stomachs.

But the silly theologians created the god's son as a hero for turning water into wine ... which by the way was a practice earlier myth-makers wrote was performed by the early Pagan saviors.

Religion is BUNK ... and that includes the Catholic religion.

It's a good thing you are no longer a Protestant HUH Robert ... as you are probably certain that the god wouldn't even wipe his holy invisible shoes on the Protestants?

Silly people!
June VanDerMark

Quesnel, Canada

#468440 Aug 3, 2013
Human Being wrote:
<quoted text>
June:
Sit in the corner and repeat the insane mantras one hundred times.
"Religion is bunk."
Theology is the study of religion."
Okay ... and while I'm doing my homework you can repeat the self-serving mantra ... "The god that used to favor the Jews, now favors ONLY Catholics. Am I ever blessed for choosing the only religion that is pleasing to the sensitivities of the father of Jesus who is a Jew by myth-making efforts of his Jewish theologians."
Human Being

Roanoke, LA

#468441 Aug 3, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
a·the·ism
noun
June:

Again June, just make it up as you go along...."Atheism to me is a lack of religion."

THAT IS NOT WHAT ATHEISM IS. You even put down the definition from the dictionary, on what atheism is. And you changed the definition to what you want it to be. That is insane!!!

How can you have two definitions, "religion, and atheism", sitting side by side, and not understand what you read? The only answer I can see is insanity.
June VanDerMark

Quesnel, Canada

#468442 Aug 3, 2013
Human Being wrote:
<quoted text>
Plain Jane:
There are a majority here that desire justification in their beliefs.

Everyone posting desires justification in their own beliefs, or they wouldn't BE posting.
Human Being

Roanoke, LA

#468443 Aug 3, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Yet you defend and worship an image of a god that supposedly watches those babies screaming day and night and does nothing to fill their hungry little stomachs.
But the silly theologians created the god's son as a hero for turning water into wine ... which by the way was a practice earlier myth-makers wrote was performed by the early Pagan saviors.
Religion is BUNK ... and that includes the Catholic religion.
It's a good thing you are no longer a Protestant HUH Robert ... as you are probably certain that the god wouldn't even wipe his holy invisible shoes on the Protestants?
Silly people!
June

You can assert all you desire onto God, theologians(you don't know the definition), myself, and anyone else.

Go sit and keep repeating,

"Religion is BUNK."
"Silly people."

Do it a thousand times a thousand....
June VanDerMark

Quesnel, Canada

#468444 Aug 3, 2013
Human Being wrote:
<quoted text>
June:
Again June, just make it up as you go along...."Atheism to me is a lack of religion."
THAT IS NOT WHAT ATHEISM IS. You even put down the definition from the dictionary, on what atheism is. And you changed the definition to what you want it to be. That is insane!!!
How can you have two definitions, "religion, and atheism", sitting side by side, and not understand what you read? The only answer I can see is insanity.
Atheism is NOT a religion. It is a believe that there is no creator.

Religion is belief in the existence of a creator.

What's the matter with you???
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >

a·the·ism

noun

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/atheis ...
June VanDerMark

Quesnel, Canada

#468445 Aug 3, 2013
Human Being wrote:
<quoted text>
June
You can assert all you desire onto God, theologians(you don't know the definition), myself, and anyone else.
Go sit and keep repeating,
"Religion is BUNK."
"Silly people."
Do it a thousand times a thousand....
You're being silly.

If Atheism is belief in religion, why did you stop being an Atheist and hop back into the comfort of Catholicism?

If Atheism is religion, how come I am no longer IN any religion whatsoever?
Human Being

Roanoke, LA

#468446 Aug 3, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Okay ... and while I'm doing my homework you can repeat the self-serving mantra ... "The god that used to favor the Jews, now favors ONLY Catholics. Am I ever blessed for choosing the only religion that is pleasing to the sensitivities of the father of Jesus who is a Jew by myth-making efforts of his Jewish theologians."
June:

Since I never said that, and you just keep asserting that I think or believe that, such a mantra is ridiculous for me. And I will not repeat it in any way, shape, or form.

So stop repeating it. You want to believe it to much, your mind has snapped. Just stick to "Religion is BUNK", and "Silly people".

As a preventative measure I deny you assertion an infinite amount of times. I am done with it.
Human Being

Roanoke, LA

#468447 Aug 3, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Atheism is NOT a religion. It is a believe that there is no creator.
Religion is belief in the existence of a creator.
What's the matter with you???
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >
a·the·ism
noun
http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/atheis ...
If Atheism is a doctrine or BELIEF! BELIEF!! BELIEF!!! that there is no God,

And Religion is

: a cause, principle, or system of BELIEFS! BELIEFS!! BELIEFS!!! held to with ardor and faith....

Then your devotion to Atheism is a Religion!!!!

Try to think....
Human Being

Roanoke, LA

#468448 Aug 3, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
You're being silly.
If Atheism is belief in religion, why did you stop being an Atheist and hop back into the comfort of Catholicism?
If Atheism is religion, how come I am no longer IN any religion whatsoever?
June

Atheism is not a belief in religion. It is a religion, when practice so fervently by you.

Atheism for me was an exploration into my own doubts, and probably lack of ability to being faithful to my free-will. Being a Catholic is much harder than being insane.

I don't know exactly why you are, or consider yourself an Atheist. It would seem to me, that a series of events has led you to consider atheism the "easy/easier" option.

“GOD SO LOVED US”

Since: Aug 08

He Gave His SON,JESUS Christ

#468449 Aug 3, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
a·the·ism
noun
still a religion

Not believing in God is a,religion of its own

Even with ministers

http://firstchurchofatheism.com/

Just Google atheist churches

Wonder if they get tax breaks they hate so much for churches..lol
June VanDerMark

Quesnel, Canada

#468450 Aug 3, 2013
"The myths and stories that have come down to us are not dogma to be taken literally….they are poetry, not theology – meant, in Joseph Campbell's words,'to touch and exhilarate centers of life beyond the reach of vocabularies of reason and coercion.'"

Modern Pagan ... StarHawk (Miriam Simos).

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Pope Tells Bishops Not to Accept Gay Seminarians Jun 1 Fundie Sniffling 4
News United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) May 28 Apostolic of another 10,775
News Pope Francis reportedly tells gay man: 'God mad... May 25 The Lightbearer 9
News Pope to gay sex abuse victim: 'God loves you' May 25 RalphB 8
News God made you gay' pope tells victim of clergy s... May 22 Hahahlolahah 6
News What Pope Francis and Obama may talk about (Sep '15) May '18 Serial deserters 54
News Alfie Evans' dad meets POPE to plead for asylum... Apr '18 C Kersey 1