Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 654606 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

“The wicked are not smart”

Since: Jul 10

Location hidden

#468316 Aug 3, 2013
So Seraphima is showing her true colors ... Finally.

Since: Sep 09

Quesnel, Canada

#468317 Aug 3, 2013
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
Not a mystery...a miracle!!!!!
But my husband is not a Christian. He is an Atheist, and for most of our 43 years together he had to put up with my religious stupidity. From my perception, that is the mystery of why he stayed with me, even though I nearly drove him crazy as year after year I struggled to make sense out of religious nonsense.

He has great staying power. I've apologized to him and thanked him many times for his endurance.

Quesnel, Canada

#468318 Aug 3, 2013
confrinting with the word wrote:
<quoted text>
~~~
You attempt to categorize the sin and debauchery of your religious system
that is rotten to the core
Theological authors claimed that the all-powerful, all-knowing god of the old testament, which is the one and only god, ordered people to kill each other. If this god sent his son to earth to teach people to love each other ... was he lying "before" or after he sent Jesus to earth?

Come on preacher man ... show us that YOUR version of religion is NOT rotten to the core.

When the early Catholics and Protestants put supposed god-offenders to death, they WERE following the words of those lying theologians. My guess is the ONLY reason most Christians today refuse to follow those man-created commands to kill is because your most holy butts would end up incarcerated in prison-cells on earth ... never mind the issue of an afterlife.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>

Any person who curseth his mother or father, must be killed.(Leviticus 20:9)

If a man cheats on his wife, or vise versa, both the man and the woman must die.(Leviticus 20:10).

If a man sleeps with his father's wife... both him and his father's wife is to be put to death.(Leviticus 20:11)

If a man sleeps with his wife and her mother they are all to be burnt to death.(Leviticus 20:14)

If a man or woman has sex with an animal, both human and animal must be killed.(Leviticus 20:15-16).

If a man has sex with a woman on her period, they are both to be "cut off from their people" (Leviticus 20:18)

Psychics, wizards, and so on are to be stoned to death.(Leviticus 20:27)

If a priest's daughter is a whore, she is to be burnt at the stake.(Leviticus 21:9)

People who have flat noses, or is blind or lame, cannot go to an altar of God (Leviticus 21:17-18)

Anyone who curses or blasphemes God, should be stoned to death by the community.(Leviticus 24:14-16)

Quesnel, Canada

#468319 Aug 3, 2013
<quoted text>
SO WHAT?..if you did? IT'S SCRIPTURAL...
THE OLD TESTAMENT PROPHECY SAID.... WHAT HE...(THE SON OF GOD) WOULD BE CALLED--->
So you place value on the words in the old testament when the words suit you, but then you swing over to the new testament when convenience calls you to defend what you believe is OTHER truth?

What a fool!

Why aren't you killing people as your "loving" god of the old testament commanded of you?

WHY???

His expectations are HIGH ... aren't they oh self-perceived holy one who according to your self was called to this god's service???
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>

Any person who curseth his mother or father, must be killed.(Leviticus 20:9)

If a man cheats on his wife, or vise versa, both the man and the woman must die.(Leviticus 20:10).

If a man sleeps with his father's wife... both him and his father's wife is to be put to death.(Leviticus 20:11)

If a man sleeps with his wife and her mother they are all to be burnt to death.(Leviticus 20:14)

If a man or woman has sex with an animal, both human and animal must be killed.(Leviticus 20:15-16).

If a man has sex with a woman on her period, they are both to be "cut off from their people" (Leviticus 20:18)

Psychics, wizards, and so on are to be stoned to death.(Leviticus 20:27)

If a priest's daughter is a whore, she is to be burnt at the stake.(Leviticus 21:9)

People who have flat noses, or is blind or lame, cannot go to an altar of God (Leviticus 21:17-18)

Anyone who curses or blasphemes God, should be stoned to death by the community.(Leviticus 24:14-16)

Quesnel, Canada

#468320 Aug 3, 2013
<quoted text>
~~~
Commentary from Geneva Bible dated 1599
I would like your comment on how you put together the idea that your god is of the character of love, when theologians wrote the following slop in the bible, and then more theologians later added the word homosexual???

My guess is, you will post more scripture to defend the scriptures. Dishonesty stems from and flows from your character.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>

The word “homosexual” did not enter the English language until the 19th century. Please note how men added that word to the later editions of the bibles.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>>

1 Corinthians 6:9

Douay-Rheims Bible
Know you not that the unjust shall not possess the kingdom of God? Do not err: neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers,

World English Bible
Or don't you know that the unrighteous will not inherit the Kingdom of God? Don't be deceived. Neither the sexually immoral, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor male prostitutes, nor homosexuals,

http://bible.cc/1_corinthians/6-9.htm

Quesnel, Canada

#468321 Aug 3, 2013
What mystifies me is WHY anyone would want to spend eternity with a supposed god so nasty as the one put forth by most religion.

The idea that a god that created evil would welcome any soul with the intention of loving that soul is actually quite hilarious.

"Come to me my loved-one, while I stick you with a pin to watch how you squeal. And by the way ... the devil is waiting to entertain you. Oh ... and one more thing ... don't try using your opinions on me as you did with those other nitwits on earth. Up here my will is the ONLY will, and you will follow it ... if you get my drift."

Amen THOSE thoughts if you will ... silly Christians.
Simple

United States

#468322 Aug 3, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Have you been over-dosing on drugs ... other than religion???
:)
I just like poking at you in humor; you remind me of my sister-in-law
from Quebec.:)

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 53:1.--6 "MATT 10:27"

#468323 Aug 3, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
I would like your comment on how you put together the idea that your god is of the character of love, when theologians wrote the following slop in the bible, and then more theologians later added the word homosexual???
My guess is, you will post more scripture to defend the scriptures. Dishonesty stems from and flows from your character.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>
The word “homosexual” did not enter the English language until the 19th century. Please note how men added that word to the later editions of the bibles.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>>
Douay-Rheims Bible
Know you not that the unjust shall not possess the kingdom of God? Do not err: neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers,
World English Bible
Or don't you know that the unrighteous will not inherit the Kingdom of God? Don't be deceived. Neither the sexually immoral, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor male prostitutes, nor homosexuals,
http://bible.cc/1_corinthians/6-9.htm
THE BIBLE GRAPHICALLY CALLS HOMOSEXUALITY -->VILE AFFECTIONS..<--

AND IT A PART OF THE ROMAN CATHOLIC CHURCH....

BECAUSE OF THEIR WORSHIP OF IDOLS.

IDOLATRY

IT SAYS OF THESE IDOL WORSHIPERS....

Rom 1:22 Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools,

Rom 1:23 And changed the glory of the uncorruptible God into an image made like to corruptible man, and to birds, and fourfooted beasts, and creeping things.

>AS THE RESULT OF THEIR WORSHIP OF IDOLS..<

Rom 1:24 Wherefore God also gave them up to uncleanness through the lusts of their own hearts, to dishonour their own bodies between themselves:

Rom 1:25 Who changed the truth of God into a lie, and worshipped and served the creature more than the Creator, who is blessed for ever.

Amen.

NOTE
Rom 1:26 For this cause God gave them up unto -->VILE AFFECTIONS:<-- for even their women did change the natural use into that which is against nature:

Rom 1:27 And likewise also the men, leaving the natural use of the woman, burned in their lust one toward another; men with men working that which is unseemly, and receiving in themselves that recompence of their error which was meet.

-->VILE AFFECTIONS:<-- DEFINED IN GREEK

-->VILE<--

G819
&#945;&#787;&#964; &#953;&#956;&#953; &#769;&#945;
atimia
at-ee-mee'-ah
From G820; infamy, that is,(subjectively) comparative indignity,(objectively) disgrace:- dishonour, reproach, shame, vile.

-->AFFECTIONS:<--

G3806
&#960;&#945;&#769; &#952;&#959;&#962;
pathos
path'-os
From the alternate of G3958; properly suffering (“pathos”), that is,(subjectively) a passion (especially concupiscence):-(inordinate) affection, lust.

1Th 4:2 For ye know what commandments we gave you by the Lord Jesus.

1Th 4:3 For this is the will of God, even your sanctification, that ye should abstain from fornication:

1Th 4:4 That every one of you should know how to possess his vessel in sanctification and honour;

1Th 4:5 Not in the lust of concupiscence, even as the Gentiles which know not God:

1Th 4:6 That no man go beyond and defraud his brother in any matter: because that the Lord is the avenger of all such, as we also have forewarned you and testified.

1Th 4:7 For God hath not called us unto uncleanness, but unto holiness.

___

Jas_1:14 But every man is tempted, when he is drawn away of his own lust, and enticed.

Jas_1:15 Then when lust hath conceived, it bringeth forth sin: and

sin, when it is finished, bringeth forth death.

Quesnel, Canada

#468324 Aug 3, 2013
The modernized Pagan religion (Gardnerian style)... Gerald Gardner the original father of Wicca was also homophobic as the following newspaper article makes clear.

So I suggest you don't let the modern Pagans fool you by claiming their religion's origin was based on pure goddess "love" ... as that was NOT true.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>

Lois Pearson in a newspaper article from 1961.

Observe the anti-homosexual attitude in the witchcraft cult at that time.

And observe how she brags about being a healer and having "power" to influence people.

http://www.thewica.co.uk/Lois%20PN.htm

Although Gerald Gardner initially demonstrated an aversion to homosexuality, claiming that it brought down "the curse of the goddess",

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wicca

thepaganapologist

It is often pointed out (correctly, mind you) that Gerald Gardner denounced homosexuality and claimed that homosexuals incurred “the curse of the Goddess.”

http://thepaganapologist.wordpress.com/2010/1 ...

#468325 Aug 3, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
What mystifies me is WHY anyone would want to spend eternity with a supposed god so nasty as the one put forth by most religion.
The idea that a god that created evil would welcome any soul with the intention of loving that soul is actually quite hilarious.
"Come to me my loved-one, while I stick you with a pin to watch how you squeal. And by the way ... the devil is waiting to entertain you. Oh ... and one more thing ... don't try using your opinions on me as you did with those other nitwits on earth. Up here my will is the ONLY will, and you will follow it ... if you get my drift."
Amen THOSE thoughts if you will ... silly Christians.
YOU WROTE

NOT TO WORRY...

YOU WONT HAVE TO SPEND ETERNITY WITH GOD

You will be where you can enjoy the fruits of you doings...

Mat_8:12 But the children of the kingdom shall be cast out into outer darkness:

there shall be weeping and gnashing of teeth.

Mat_22:13 Then said the king to the servants, Bind him hand and foot, and take him away, and

cast him into outer darkness; there shall be weeping and gnashing of teeth.

Mat_24:51 And shall cut him asunder, and appoint him his portion with the hypocrites:

there shall be weeping and gnashing of teeth.

Mat_25:30 And cast ye the unprofitable servant

into outer darkness:

there shall be weeping and gnashing of teeth

Luk_13:28

There shall be weeping and gnashing of teeth,

when ye shall see Abraham, and Isaac, and Jacob, and all the prophets,

in the kingdom of God, and you yourselves thrust out.
truth

Madeley, Australia

#468326 Aug 3, 2013
'it is written'
Tribe against tribe..nation against nation.

Which people or nation you liked disappear?

Quesnel, Canada

#468327 Aug 3, 2013
<quoted text>
THE BIBLE GRAPHICALLY CALLS HOMOSEXUALITY -->VILE AFFECTIONS..<--
You see evil and vile in other humans, and you USE whatever scripture is handy to support the sickness of your own mind.

My guess is you chase more people away from your religion than you can ever imagine ... and in that way ... you are on my side of the issue.

All religion is BUNK!

“What are you looking at?”

Since: Jan 08

Albuquerque, NM

#468328 Aug 3, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
If change is constant, tomorrow you could put away your tarot cards and once again become a fully indoctrinated Catholic. Change can to in any direction, not just the direction of your dreams.
To do what you post is not on my lists of "actions", so "you could" is just a perception you hold, not me.

You really should worry about what you do, before thinking you can "help" me with my life.

Tsk. Tsk.

Albuquerque, NM

#468329 Aug 3, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Then you best put away your tarot-cards and wait until you die.
You keep on contradicting yourself.
I will wait until I die.

As for the Tarot cards, you missed reading the portion of "I used to"....darn it June!!

:o)

Albuquerque, NM

#468330 Aug 3, 2013
marge wrote:
<quoted text>
i will respond if you reply directly to my answer?
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
Deal....If you will do the same....
*eerie musics begins in the background*

bum-bum-bummmm!!!

Quesnel, Canada

#468331 Aug 3, 2013
<quoted text>
NOT TO WORRY...
YOU WONT HAVE TO SPEND ETERNITY WITH GOD
My guess is you're right ... because from my perspective there is no creator ... vile or otherwise.

Why do ignore my questions?

And by the way ... did you make that decision for your supposed god by overstepping your boundaries AGAIN.

Within your theology, isn't the god (that at one time favored the Jews, but now favors YOU)... the one to make the final judgment on who is allowed in Christian heaven?

Silly people!

Quesnel, Canada

#468332 Aug 3, 2013
I will go to my death thankful that I never used a scripture to harm another human or to call another human an evil offender of a god.

I believe that humans are innately self-centered and brute-like in behavior ... but are not swayed by evil or holiness from any outside persuasion.

When I harmed others, I took responsibility for causing that harm. I didn't use a bible to in turn use a supposed savior as a dumping ground for supposed sin.

Such religion is nasty stuff in deed! It teaches people to NOT take responsibility for their own behaviors, but to rather hide inside the scriptures ... and be totally dishonest by so-doing.

Quesnel, Canada

#468333 Aug 3, 2013
New Age Spiritual Leader wrote:
<quoted text>
I will wait until I die.
As for the Tarot cards, you missed reading the portion of "I used to"....darn it June!!
:o)
You still could become a Muslim tomorrow if the mood hits you.

I'll check with you then to see how "self" is functioning and if it's on the righteous path according to "self."

truth

Madeley, Australia

#468334 Aug 3, 2013
you can't be bigger then God..

Creation of man is about what..purpose..Why we are here on Earth?

#468335 Aug 3, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
You see evil and vile in other humans, and you USE whatever scripture is handy to support the sickness of your own mind.
My guess is you chase more people away from your religion than you can ever imagine ... and in that way ... you are on my side of the issue.
All religion is BUNK!
~~~

For you to believe "All religion is BUNK!"

You surely spend a lot of time attempting to debunk it..

In the end You will find out as many others have attempted before you...

that have attempted to beat the rock of ages (our salvation) to pieces

you will ultimately beat yourself to death.

I didn't work for them.... and it wont for you..

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) 1 hr StillNotSure 10,211
News Pope Francis wades into transgender debate, lam... Aug 24 South Knox Hombre 2
News Pope Francis' Remarks Disappoint Gay and Transg... Aug 4 Leon 2
News The Pope s War Aug 2 The Proclaimer 1
News Franklin Graham rebuts pope on Islam: - This is... Aug 1 Bob 1
News Pope Francis: 'Trump is not Christian' (Feb '16) Jul '16 make Donald Drump... 47
News Holding the left responsible (Sep '15) Jul '16 Crusader 4
More from around the web