Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 595645 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

“YESHUA IS LORD”

Since: Apr 07

GAWGIA (GEORGIA)

#468038 Aug 2, 2013
atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>looks to me like you and Tony have cornered the market for studying the Word of God.
congrats.
Are you trying to be funny? Cut it out.

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#468039 Aug 2, 2013
atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>looks to me like you and Tony have cornered the market for studying the Word of God.
congrats.
Always appreciate words of wisdom from a person "called of God" who believes Christ is God Almighty!!!!!

Since: Jan 08

Location hidden

#468040 Aug 2, 2013
Tony17 wrote:
<quoted text>If I have told you guys once I have told you a hundred times,LEARN WHAT A FIGURE OF SPEECH,A METAPHOR,A HEBRAISM etc,etc is. John 7 was NOT about literal water. Running or otherwise.
LOL, Holes opened up in my belly and water came gushing out, and after God was thru with me, I slept on a dry bed, another miracle.
truth

Perth, Australia

#468041 Aug 2, 2013
thanks..I am your mother you don't have another!
'mother which not sold her soul in vain'..
'it is written wicket can't have holy ticket'
to be tempted is not very easy except..suffering its not very easy except..
Did Jesus Christ been on Cross?
Yes it is!
It is written
Jesus Christ is been on CROSS.INRI
'its took me complete i been there with entirely mind and soul..its painful then modern any pain exist'
a nkh
truth

Perth, Australia

#468042 Aug 2, 2013
Who can suffer can take that Cross?
Any law exist there..no.

“YESHUA IS LORD”

GAWGIA (GEORGIA)

#468043 Aug 2, 2013
atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>MY EXPERIENCE; JOHN CHAPTER 7; VERSES 37-39
and I have posted this filling of the Holy Ghost many times. and contrary to what marge thinks, this Baptism of the Holy Ghost DOESNT come when you get Saved.
Why did the translators use the phrase "HOLY GHOST"? The word Ghost does not translate in the Greek. It should be Holy Spirit as opposed to Holy Ghost. Well never mind.
truth

Perth, Australia

#468044 Aug 2, 2013
it is written.. what Satan want divided split and destroy every person every family..
save trough
Blade of Jesus Christ on Cross! INRI

“YESHUA IS LORD”

GAWGIA (GEORGIA)

#468045 Aug 2, 2013
atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>LOL, Holes opened up in my belly and water came gushing out, and after God was thru with me, I slept on a dry bed, another miracle.
What? Did you have some sort of abdominal evisceration or something?

“YESHUA IS LORD”

GAWGIA (GEORGIA)

#468046 Aug 2, 2013
Okay. Time for a bit of levity here. I was listening to a colleague talking about a rapture believer that was speaking of when the dead would rise up out of their graves. He asked her to imagine what that would look like to see the dead coming up out of those graves. He asked her if she had ever seen anyone come up out of a grave. She stated, yes had because she fell into an open grave once and you should have seen her coming up out of it,LOL. I thought that was so funny.

Location hidden

#468047 Aug 2, 2013
Tony17 wrote:
<quoted text>Why did the translators use the phrase "HOLY GHOST"? The word Ghost does not translate in the Greek. It should be Holy Spirit as opposed to Holy Ghost. Well never mind.
we are pleased that you know more than John did.

37 In the last day, that great day of the feast, Jesus stood and cried, saying, If any man thirst, let him come unto me, and drink.

38 He that believeth on me, as the scripture hath said, out of his belly shall flow rivers of living water.

39 (But this spake he of the Spirit, which they that believe on him should receive: for the [Holy Ghost] was not yet given; because that Jesus was not yet glorified.)

Location hidden

#468048 Aug 2, 2013
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
Always appreciate words of wisdom from a person "called of God" who believes Christ is God Almighty!!!!!
don't know that I have ever said that Jesus was God Almighty. wanna show that post or else SHUT UP ABOUT IT, YOU OLD COOT.

Location hidden

#468049 Aug 2, 2013
Tony17 wrote:
<quoted text>What? Did you have some sort of abdominal evisceration or something?
Just the Ordinary Baptism of the Holy Ghost.
LTM

Sault Sainte Marie, Canada

#468050 Aug 2, 2013
Bible Verse of the Day
This book of the law shall not depart out of thy mouth; but thou shalt meditate therein day and night, that thou mayest observe to do according to all that is written therein: for then thou shalt make thy way prosperous, and then thou shalt have good success.
Joshua 1:8 (KJV)
www.Christ.com
LTM

Sault Sainte Marie, Canada

#468051 Aug 2, 2013
"So she gleaned in the field until even."—Ruth 2:17.

LET me learn from Ruth, the gleaner. As she went out to gather the ears of corn, so must I go forth into the fields of prayer, meditation, the ordinances, and hearing the word to gather spiritual food. The gleaner gathers her portion ear by ear; her gains are little by little: so must I be content to search for single truths, if there be no greater plenty of them. Every ear helps to make a bundle, and every gospel lesson assists in making us wise unto salvation. The gleaner keeps her eyes open: if she stumbled among the stubble in a dream, she would have no load to carry home rejoicingly at eventide. I must be watchful in religious exercises lest they become unprofitable to me; I fear I have lost much already—O that I may rightly estimate my opportunities, and glean with greater diligence. The gleaner stoops for all she finds, and so must I. High spirits criticize and object, but lowly minds glean and receive benefit. A humble heart is a great help towards profitably hearing the gospel. The engrafted soul-saving word is not received except with meekness. A stiff back makes a bad gleaner; down, master pride, thou art a vile robber, not to be endured for a moment. What the gleaner gathers she holds: if she dropped one ear to find another, the result of her day's work would be but scant; she is as careful to retain as to obtain, and so at last her gains are great. How often do I forget all that I hear; the second truth pushes the first out of my head, and so my reading and hearing end in much ado about nothing! Do I feel duly the importance of storing up the truth? A hungry belly makes the gleaner wise; if there be no corn in her hand, there will be no bread on her table; she labours under the sense of necessity, and hence her tread is nimble and her grasp is firm; I have even a greater necessity, Lord, help me to feel it, that it may urge me onward to glean in fields which yield so plenteous a reward to diligence.

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

"ISA 53:1.--6 "MATT 10:27"

#468052 Aug 2, 2013
who="Oxbow"
There is no cure for your stupidity...
Jesus answered and said unto him, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God.
Nicodemus saith unto him, How can a man be born when he is old? can he enter the second time into his mother's womb, and be born?
Jesus answered, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born of water and of the Spirit, he cannot enter into the kingdom of God. That which is born of the flesh is flesh; and that which is born of the Spirit is spirit.
"He ordered His Apostles to baptize all nations. Mt. 28:19".
If this was a requirement to be born again, to meet His requirement to enter Heaven, it would be a parallel verse to the above Scripture quoted..it ain't...
Is there no one on this forum that know how to study the Word of God!!!!!!!???

I'm concerned about a cure for your scolding...it's called The Word of God.

I never said that baptism was a 'requirement' for any thing. Once again, YOU asked to be shown ONE time that Jesus spoke of baptism.
I did that...and He also said that 'he who believes and is baptized shall be saved'.

I am arguing nothing...just giving what you asked for. Believing in Jesus saves us. Following Jesus involves baptism. Nothing to argue about.

What do you believe about it?

KayMarie

#468053 Aug 2, 2013
who="Tony17"I sure do wish I knew what the hell you were talking about most of the time,LOL.

She has trouble with the English language. She could use some encouragement. Lots of persecution out her way.

KM

“YESHUA IS LORD”

GAWGIA (GEORGIA)

#468054 Aug 2, 2013
atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>Just the Ordinary Baptism of the Holy Ghost.
Anytime the word HOLY GHOST is used in scripture,it is a mistake. The phrase HOLY SPIRIT should ALWAYS be used whenever the phrase HOLY GHOST is used in the scriptures. THERE IS NO GREEK WORD FOR THE WORD GHOST.

The GREEK WORD PNEUMA is used interchangeably by the translators for the ENGLISH word GHOST as well as SPIRIT as well as AIR etc.

This is one reason that I want everyone to read the letters from the translators of the 1611 edition of the KJV. They stated in one of theose letters that they may have made some mistakes in some of their translations so the reader need to be careful when reading the scriptures they had translated.

#468055 Aug 2, 2013
who="Tony17" Why did the translators use the phrase "HOLY GHOST"? The word Ghost does not translate in the Greek. It should be Holy Spirit as opposed to Holy Ghost. Well never mind.

And the difference IS ???

KM

#468056 Aug 2, 2013
who="Tony17"What? Did you have some sort of abdominal evisceration or something?

READ. He is interpreting the way you told him to...the verse that says, "out of his belly shall flow RIVERS of living water."

KM

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

#468057 Aug 2, 2013
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
That Ecumenical Patriarch should stop being so darn ecumenical!!!
You're right though, had the Bishop of Rome not held his ground against the heretic eastern bishops, we'd all be Arians now.
First, the statement that Arianism came from the East, making the East sound like the source of heresies and the West the correctors is not a particularly astute one. In fact it is deliberately misleading unless you are just in the dark re church history.

The East was intensely engaged in theology. Separate schools, one in Alexander and one in Antioch had incredible minds actively helping to define the faith.. Rome did not have a school.The East-a hotbed of theology. The West- some, mostly Augustine.

In the East, Constantinople, Antioch, and Alexandria were putting their mind to core questions. So 3 separate rich producers of theology v a lackluster Rome.

A Multitude of ideas- some right some wrong.

Arius (Alexandria) was 1 of those with wrong theology. And it got sorted through and straightened out by a Council by whom? the East- specifically Alexander (from Alexandria) and Athanasius
(Alexandria)

==========
This is from a Catholic site EWTN
HAS ANY POPE BEEN GUILTY OF HERESY? Warren H Carroll

St. Athanasius was condemned by Pope Liberius though he was the leader of the defenders of orthodoxy against Arianism at the time. Pope Liberius was a weak man and he was imprisoned and probably had been tortured to force him to support the Arian heresy. He was therefore obviously acting under duress, as St. Athanasius pointed out when he refused to accept the validity of the excommunication.

Weakened by two years of exile and wishing to return to Rome, Pope Liberius withdrew his support of the Nicaean dogma by agreeing to an Arian formula. Then, Pope Liberius proceeded to condemn and excommunicate Saint Athanasius.(My Comment Understandable, but certainly not heroic)

These actions were considered heresy by many. Once Pope Liberius submitted, Emperor Constantius recalled Pope Liberius from exile, and the antipope, Felix II, was expelled by the Romans

Though Pope Liberius did condemn St. Athanasius under heavy pressure from his captors, he refused to sign a clearly Arian statement of faith, but did sign an equivocal statement which could be interpreted either in an orthodox or an Arian sense. Others say Liderius' letters were forgeries.

Carroll states "I deny that any Pope was ever a heretic, have researched each case where that is claimed, and will be glad to answer and refute any claim that any Pope ever committed himself or called upon the faithful to hold any heretical belief."

I find this amusing for how he weasels around the fact that a Pope held a belief that was heretical.

1, He must be committed to it for it to count. If he changes this belief under pressure it does not count as a heretical belief even if prior the Pope said he believed it.

2. If the Pope's heretical belief is stopped before it reaches the people than he also did not have a heretical belief.

In fairness, I will research each of the following:

The first two popes in the third century, Zephyrinus and Callistus, were both accused of heresy* by Tertullian and also by St Hippolytus.

Marcellinus,Bishop of Rome (296 to 304),offered incense to the pagan gods. For this his name was afterwards omitted from official lists of popes.

Three of the next four popes seem to have assisted him, despite being already in Holy Orders, but all of them, including Marcellinus, are now revered as saints.

Early in the fifth century Pope Zosimus accepted the Pelagian heresy and changed his mind only when obliged to do so by the Emperor. He then issued a document known as his Tractoria, which reversed his earlier position.'

Also in the twelfth century Pope Adrian VI declared Pope Celestine III a heretic for extending the conditions under which marriages could be dissolved.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News James Inhofe to Pope Francis: Shut up with your... 1 hr kuda 34
News Milwaukee Art Museum's embrace of condom portra... 21 hr The Anti- Islamist 1
News United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) Jun 27 Gee Tee 9,522
News Pope's Leaked Encyclical on Climate Change Has ... Jun 26 Buybull Mullahs 6
News Global warming deniers unimpressed with pope's ... Jun 26 Earthling-1 118
News Pope urges revolution to save Earth, fix 'perve... Jun 25 Sterkfontein Swar... 30
News Delamaide: Pope joins bank critics Jun 23 Eleanor 1
More from around the web