Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 649667 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

Since: Sep 09

Quesnel, Canada

#468276 Aug 2, 2013
confrinting with the word wrote:
who="Clay "
You must be the fellow who is re-writing the history books that are used in public schools! I am old enough to remember when our schools taught the truth.
I want you to explain which is truth. Did the god of the old testament lie when he inspired men to write that humans should kill each other ... or did he lie when he inspired men to write that we should love each other???

Either one or the other is a lie. They can't both be truth.

You keep avoiding my question by posting more scriptures. I want your opinion on that issue, and if you avoid to answer again, I will know it's because you have no answer and that you KNOW a lie exists in that equation.

Come on preacher man. Step up to the plate and tell me ... which one is true???

Quesnel, Canada

#468277 Aug 2, 2013
Simple wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you married? I am looking for someone I can have a meaningful conversation with.LOL
Surely you jest. I can't even have a meaningful conversation with my self without arguing.

Yes, I am married ... to a very patient man. Why he never left years ago is one of those mysteries that remains unsolved.

:)

“What are you looking at?”

Since: Jan 08

Albuquerque, NM

#468278 Aug 2, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
If change stays constant, then according to that premise, none of us will believe tomorrow what we believe today. So that means that your might suddenly on a whim convert to Islam.
I didn't imply that at all. If you want to know what I mean, just ask, don't "presume"....*wink-w ink-nudge-nudge*....

I meant that in many places the norm is a constant repetitive nature - we get up, go to work, eat food, go home, sleep, repeat, repeat, repeat. A similar pattern are the weekend days, except we get to somewhat relax, but still usually follow a routine - repeat...etc..

Soooo.....Somewhere in all of this repetitive life, there is "change" still happening. Change(s) to hopefully improve our lives. We already see tablets, "smart"-phones, wrist-phones,'Skype', etc, and it should only get easier, huh?

In a nutshell - it is a correct assessment of the world we live:

"The only thing that is constant, is change."

You stated:
"If change stays constant, none of us will believe tomorrow what we believe today."
- you "presume" too much, without assess it from multiple angles. Multiple variables impact the outcome. As with all of "life's actions", decisions come with an overall duality - that will move the next "steps in life" in a positive or negative one.

In other words, there is not just one choice one can make. Unless of course, you only choose to think this way.

Then you only limit yourSelf in life.

Quesnel, Canada

#468279 Aug 2, 2013
Simple wrote:
<quoted text>
But June, when you flutter those beautiful eyes at me you are using that part of your body to complete the lie. You make me putty in your hands. Do not play innocent about what you do with those eyes you vixen.
Have you been over-dosing on drugs ... other than religion???

Albuquerque, NM

#468280 Aug 2, 2013
*assess...should have been "assessing"

Since: Feb 12

Location hidden

#468281 Aug 2, 2013
Oxbow wrote:
I am telling the world that Anthony is as phony a Christian as a three dollar bill...his "Christian testimony" regards his "salvation" is on the net!!!!!
He copied and pasted it!!!!! Here it is!!!
Are you ready to accept the gift of eternal life that Jesus is offering you right now? Let's review what this commitment involves:
I acknowledge I am a sinner in need of a Savior - this is to repent or turn away from sin
I believe in my heart that God raised Jesus from the dead - this is to trust that Jesus paid the full penalty for my sins
I confess Jesus as my Lord and my God - this is to surrender control of my life to Jesus
I receive Jesus as my Savior forever - this is to accept that God has done for me and in me what He promised
Its on an SBC web site....titled "How to be a Christian"...
I have failed him!!!! I have told him over and over, never tell a lie that can be easily proven a lie...but, evidently, I are not a good teacher...
Teacher, hold him back for another year...lol

Albuquerque, NM

#468282 Aug 2, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
And that is your right to believe that way. And it's my right to believe that my belief is as important to me as yours is to you ... but that neither one of us knows the truth of the issue. It's all based on guessing-games.
Cor-r-r-re-e-c-ct!! I am content on knowing the truth when I die.

*nudges you*

Honesty - dontcha just love it!!

*nck-nck*

You win a gold star!!

YEAH TEAM!

:o)

Quesnel, Canada

#468283 Aug 2, 2013
jethro8 wrote:
<quoted text>in the beginning you had to play the game or be beaten until you did.
Yes indeed. To even suggest that there was no god meant certain death, and often horrible torture before death ... meant to set an example of what would happen to others if they followed suit.

Quesnel, Canada

#468284 Aug 2, 2013
jethro8 wrote:
<quoted text>Divine Law:
The rejection of homosexual behavior that is found in the Old Testament is well known. In Genesis 19, two angels in disguise visit the city of Sodom and are offered hospitality and shelter by Lot. During the night, the men of Sodom demand that Lot hand over his guests for homosexual intercourse. Lot refuses, and the angels blind the men of Sodom. Lot and his household escape, and the town is destroyed by fire "because the outcry against its people has become great before the Lord" (Gen. 19:13).
Throughout history, Jewish and Christian scholars have recognized that one of the chief sins involved in God’s destruction of Sodom was its people’s homosexual behavior. But today, certain homosexual activists promote the idea that the sin of Sodom was merely a lack of hospitality. Although inhospitality is a sin, it is clearly the homosexual behavior of the Sodomites that is singled out for special criticism in the account of their city’s destruction. We must look to Scripture’s own interpretation of the sin of Sodom.
Jude 7 records that Sodom and Gomorrah "acted immorally and indulged in unnatural lust." Ezekiel says that Sodom committed "abominable things" (Ezek. 16:50), which could refer to homosexual and heterosexual acts of sin. Lot even offered his two virgin daughters in place of his guests, but the men of Sodom rejected the offer, preferring homosexual sex over heterosexual sex (Gen. 19:8–9). Ezekiel does allude to a lack of hospitality in saying that Sodom "did not aid the poor and needy" (Ezek. 16:49). So homosexual acts and a lack of hospitality both contributed to the destruction of Sodom, with the former being the far greater sin, the "abominable thing" that set off God’s wrath
jethro:"gays and lesbians are just fine as long as they remain" celibate. You have been celibate all these years??
Religion was all slop written by men that earned their livings by writing more and more and more and more slop.

Since: Feb 12

Location hidden

#468285 Aug 2, 2013
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey Sera
Not sure if you guys got this one. Same site..this one about salvation .
Cannot find one thing do far on the 3,I 've read ..hope you guys enjoying the others
God bless you and have a good sleep
http://www.thepropheticyears.com/comments/How...
Thank you
marge

Leesburg, GA

#468286 Aug 2, 2013
There are some willed for destruction that we can never bye back.

Quesnel, Canada

#468287 Aug 2, 2013
jethro8 wrote:
good night people.
Good night jethro8. Sweet dreams!

Quesnel, Canada

#468288 Aug 2, 2013
Corgi lover wrote:
<quoted text>Catholics already know about salvation.
They "believe" in salvation. Whether in religion or not in religion ... claiming to know what is beyond human intellect TO know, is simply the game of braggarts.
marge

Leesburg, GA

#468289 Aug 2, 2013
Oxbow wrote:
How to make OSAS and his ilk disappear!!!!
Osas7 wrote:
<quoted text>Again, pick one verse at a time, and we will see how strong your position stands. My position, is, that at the moment of belief >>in the Savior(to pay for the penalty of my sins)<< eternal life is received.
Mah response:
Mt 10:22 And ye shall be hated of all men for my name's sake: but he that endureth to the end shall be saved.
Clear as day....no doubt...none..."shall be" is saying the event will happen at some point in time...
Elucidation: I shall be in town tomorrow. Message...I are not in town now..I shall be there tomorrow..
I will also throw in:
He who holds fast faith and a good conscience to the end, till the punishment threatened against this wicked people be poured out, he shall be saved, preserved from the destruction that shall fall upon the workers of iniquity.
OSAS response:
i will respond if you reply directly to my answer?
marge

Leesburg, GA

#468290 Aug 2, 2013
buy back.

Quesnel, Canada

#468291 Aug 2, 2013
New Age Spiritual Leader wrote:
<quoted text>
I didn't imply that at all. If you want to know what I mean, just ask, don't "presume"....*wink-w ink-nudge-nudge*....
I meant that in many places the norm is a constant repetitive nature - we get up, go to work, eat food, go home, sleep, repeat, repeat, repeat. A similar pattern are the weekend days, except we get to somewhat relax, but still usually follow a routine - repeat...etc..
Soooo.....Somewhere in all of this repetitive life, there is "change" still happening. Change(s) to hopefully improve our lives. We already see tablets, "smart"-phones, wrist-phones,'Skype', etc, and it should only get easier, huh?
In a nutshell - it is a correct assessment of the world we live:
"The only thing that is constant, is change."
You stated:
"If change stays constant, none of us will believe tomorrow what we believe today."
- you "presume" too much, without assess it from multiple angles. Multiple variables impact the outcome. As with all of "life's actions", decisions come with an overall duality - that will move the next "steps in life" in a positive or negative one.
In other words, there is not just one choice one can make. Unless of course, you only choose to think this way.
Then you only limit yourSelf in life.
If change is constant, tomorrow you could put away your tarot cards and once again become a fully indoctrinated Catholic. Change can to in any direction, not just the direction of your dreams.

Quesnel, Canada

#468292 Aug 2, 2013
New Age Spiritual Leader wrote:
<quoted text>
Cor-r-r-re-e-c-ct!! I am content on knowing the truth when I die.
*nudges you*
Honesty - dontcha just love it!!
*nck-nck*
You win a gold star!!
YEAH TEAM!
:o)
Then you best put away your tarot-cards and wait until you die.

You keep on contradicting yourself.

Quesnel, Canada

#468293 Aug 2, 2013
marge wrote:
There are some willed for destruction that we can never bye back.
Destruction from not believing in a god???

You don't have much faith that your supposed god is good ... do you???

It's little wonder ... with all that nonsense about hell and a devil and a god that created evil.

It's enough to scare anybody that put faith in the words of those theologians.
truth

Madeley, Australia

#468294 Aug 2, 2013
can't be 'paranoid'
Its lead you about what?!
Between many words you have only few which worthy!
You choose what is worthy then collect in one big picture.
Don't attack many in name of few!
Do you understood if I could please you.

As I describe you can find many things.
Many secrets.
You need be believer.
Always something exist.

You need love ordinary people or respect ordinary life because they are not wrong.How you call that can be good as well mislead as astray as sheep.

But always something exist.
Many plain exist as projection trough time.
If not now there it will be.
If you have power know about that then you going toward perfection.

No I never say I am bigger then God.

My way of expression is not as others.
Maybe not good for your conclusion.
Sorry if I hurt you or ever used words which not appropriate but words as game to know something is not hurt anyone ..its discovering what is stay in secrets on front of far away or close future.
marge

Leesburg, GA

#468295 Aug 2, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Destruction from not believing in a god???
You don't have much faith that your supposed god is good ... do you???
It's little wonder ... with all that nonsense about hell and a devil and a god that created evil.
It's enough to scare anybody that put faith in the words of those theologians.
Even the devils believe in God June, so I don't know what to say, other than that's how God made it and there are two sides, good or evil you choose, God is All Good.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Pope Francis: 'Trump is not Christian' 3 hr swedenforever 46
News United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) Jul 20 I Jus Wanna Live ... 10,173
News Holding the left responsible (Sep '15) Jul 20 Crusader 4
News The 'Obamification' of Pope Francis (Sep '15) Jul 16 odG nDmdea yoHl r... 100
News Turkey disappointed with Pope's Armenian 'genoc... (Apr '15) Jul 14 Hasan Sasirmaz 32
News Pope says Church should ask forgiveness from ga... Jul 9 South Knox Hombre 10
News Christian Europe Jul 9 bluestreak returns 27
More from around the web