Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 658546 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

Since: Nov 08

usa

#468258 Aug 2, 2013
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. jethro: this is a lie, proof Pope Benedict IX (c. 1012 – 1065/85)
Benedict became pontiff at a very young age, thanks to the political prowess of his father, who had managed to get the papacy reserved ahead of time for his son. With little actual training or preparation that qualified him to act as pontiff, Benedict led a highly immoral life, and was accused of various rapes, adulteries, and murders. According to St. Peter Damian, Benedict was “a demon from hell in the disguise of a priest,” and his carousing eventually caused him to be forcefully expelled from Rome.

Benedict managed to regain his throne, but then – surprise, surprise!– he was sidetracked by a prospective marriage (to his cousin) and sold the papal chair for a significant amount of money to his godfather, a priest who named himself Pope Gregory VI. His later repentance and attempt to resume his position created quite a controversy, forcing the German King Henry III to intervene. Benedict was subsequently excommunicated from the church.

“His life as a pope,” wrote Pope Victor III,“was so vile, so foul, so execrable, that I shudder to think of it.”

JETHRO: if you read his story,Benedict became pontiff at a very young age, thanks to the political prowess of his father, who had managed to get the papacy reserved ahead of time.... this alone proves apostolic succession exists, which is what the church bases it's crazy idea of being the true church.jesus/god had nothing to do with him becoming pope, money put him in the chair, so the catholic church is nothing, it is not a divine church being lead by Jesus through a pope, it all phony unholy crap.

Since: Nov 08

usa

#468259 Aug 2, 2013
good night people.

Since: Jul 09

Location hidden

#468260 Aug 2, 2013
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
Why???
Here try this ..good site so far ..this,is about salvation
http://www.thepropheticyears.com/comments/How...
Catholics already know about salvation.
youtubeNews

AOL

#468261 Aug 2, 2013

ISRAEL to give POPE "Custody" of Temple Mount --

http://youtu.be/Qt9kEQB4ti8

Since: Feb 12

Location hidden

#468262 Aug 2, 2013
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
Go find the posts. Calling my Church an abortion was when I saw you for what you are.
And we saw you for what you were back in 2012....your a slow learner...

Location hidden

#468263 Aug 2, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
Interesting. You're accusing me of 'making fun of Orthodox' to a Catholic Priest.
I can't imagine what that's all about. I assure you, that didn't happen. You seem to be on your own frequency. You should quit being stubborn and admit your sin of spreading known slander towards the Catholic Church by implying they had a child sex ring at the Vatican. You tried to do a drive by smear tactic, knowing the accusation you were forwarding was baseless.
Well Clay I spent 5 hours going back trying to find that post and it does exist.Trust me....I will find it and I found other things posted that I am copying and saving for a rainy day from your buddies.You see the problem is which I am learning now is that I will have to prove what YOU CATHOLICS SAY because you will never admit when your wrong.So in the future,I will be able to refer back to my LYING CATHOLIC file...that's what I named it..lol....but anyways be patient.You have been here now for how many years? Your not going anywhere now.Also,I never implied the catholic church had a CHILD sex ring.What I posted was a MALE PROSTITUTION RONG IN THE VATICAN......I will repost that to refresh your memory....from reputable sources as you requested in the past....

Location hidden

#468264 Aug 2, 2013

Location hidden

#468265 Aug 2, 2013

Location hidden

#468266 Aug 2, 2013

Location hidden

#468267 Aug 2, 2013

Location hidden

#468268 Aug 2, 2013

“GOD SO LOVED US”

Since: Aug 08

He Gave His SON,JESUS Christ

#468269 Aug 2, 2013
Seraphima wrote:
http://abcnews.go.com/Blotter/ video/pope-brian-ross-10270192
Hey Sera

Not sure if you guys got this one. Same site..this one about salvation .
Cannot find one thing do far on the 3,I 've read ..hope you guys enjoying the others

God bless you and have a good sleep

http://www.thepropheticyears.com/comments/How...

Since: Sep 09

Quesnel, Canada

#468270 Aug 2, 2013
New Age Spiritual Leader wrote:
<quoted text>
Always remember - "change" is the only thing that stays constant.
If change stays constant, then according to that premise, none of us will believe tomorrow what we believe today. So that means that your might suddenly on a whim convert to Islam.

:)

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#468271 Aug 2, 2013
I am telling the world that Anthony is as phony a Christian as a three dollar bill...his "Christian testimony" regards his "salvation" is on the net!!!!!

He copied and pasted it!!!!! Here it is!!!

Are you ready to accept the gift of eternal life that Jesus is offering you right now? Let's review what this commitment involves:

I acknowledge I am a sinner in need of a Savior - this is to repent or turn away from sin

I believe in my heart that God raised Jesus from the dead - this is to trust that Jesus paid the full penalty for my sins

I confess Jesus as my Lord and my God - this is to surrender control of my life to Jesus

I receive Jesus as my Savior forever - this is to accept that God has done for me and in me what He promised

Its on an SBC web site....titled "How to be a Christian"...

I have failed him!!!! I have told him over and over, never tell a lie that can be easily proven a lie...but, evidently, I are not a good teacher...

Quesnel, Canada

#468272 Aug 2, 2013
<quoted text>
it is true that I do consider my inner consciousness a "higher" entity than my physical body and the actions of my brain.
And that is your right to believe that way. And it's my right to believe that my belief is as important to me as yours is to you ... but that neither one of us knows the truth of the issue. It's all based on guessing-games.

Quesnel, Canada

#468273 Aug 2, 2013
confrinting with the word wrote:
<quoted text>
YOU WROTE
the two fellow police officers trapped her in her own words and brought her down to where she went to prison to in turn have others take control over her.
YEP AND ONE DAY YOU WILL FIND ( if you don't turn from you evil ways)
THAT YOU WILL FIND
Pro_12:13 The wicked is snared by the transgression of his lips: but the just shall come out of trouble.
You would like me to end up in a prison for not agreeing with your religion.

I am not in any religion, and I don't want you to end up in a prison in a hereafter. I want nothing but the best for you, as I want for ALL OTHERS and for my self.

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#468274 Aug 2, 2013
How to make OSAS and his ilk disappear!!!!

Osas7 wrote:
<quoted text>Again, pick one verse at a time, and we will see how strong your position stands. My position, is, that at the moment of belief >>in the Savior(to pay for the penalty of my sins)<< eternal life is received.

Mah response:
Mt 10:22 And ye shall be hated of all men for my name's sake: but he that endureth to the end shall be saved.

Clear as day....no doubt...none..."shall be" is saying the event will happen at some point in time...

Elucidation: I shall be in town tomorrow. Message...I are not in town now..I shall be there tomorrow..

I will also throw in:
He who holds fast faith and a good conscience to the end, till the punishment threatened against this wicked people be poured out, he shall be saved, preserved from the destruction that shall fall upon the workers of iniquity.

OSAS response:

Quesnel, Canada

#468275 Aug 2, 2013
<quoted text>
Wrong.
Being human has nothing to do with sin or sinning.
Where in the world did you get this from?
They got it from their religion.

According to the Catholic and Protestant theologians, didn't Jesus teach against committing sin?

Quesnel, Canada

#468276 Aug 2, 2013
confrinting with the word wrote:
who="Clay "
You must be the fellow who is re-writing the history books that are used in public schools! I am old enough to remember when our schools taught the truth.
I want you to explain which is truth. Did the god of the old testament lie when he inspired men to write that humans should kill each other ... or did he lie when he inspired men to write that we should love each other???

Either one or the other is a lie. They can't both be truth.

You keep avoiding my question by posting more scriptures. I want your opinion on that issue, and if you avoid to answer again, I will know it's because you have no answer and that you KNOW a lie exists in that equation.

Come on preacher man. Step up to the plate and tell me ... which one is true???

Quesnel, Canada

#468277 Aug 2, 2013
Simple wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you married? I am looking for someone I can have a meaningful conversation with.LOL
Surely you jest. I can't even have a meaningful conversation with my self without arguing.

Yes, I am married ... to a very patient man. Why he never left years ago is one of those mysteries that remains unsolved.

:)

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News The untold story of Queen Elizabeth I and Islam Sun Full Muslim stupid 13
News United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) Sun Mr Sir 10,239
News Cardinal tipped to be the next Pope warns of an... Sep 20 Looking down our ... 25
News Catholic schools being closed at alarming rate (Apr '08) Sep 11 Jeremy 158
News The Latest: Walesa misses papal Mass, blames la... Sep 10 Ste 1
News Mother Teresa declared saint by Pope Francis Sep 8 South Knox Hombre 6
News 'Unlikely that Pope Francis will go to Pristina' Sep 8 CCCC 1
More from around the web