Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 599772 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#467958 Aug 1, 2013
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
To find out what the SBC says about it. It's just as I thought.
Back to the original ( and still unanswered) question. What do protestants claim they've done for their salvation that a faithful Catholic hasn't done?
I offered to share my testimony with you that would answer your question..if you would agreed to share yours....you accepted...your first "testimony" was: I've confessed with my mouth that Jesus is Lord and believe in my heart that God raised Him from the dead, as has every faithful Catholic. Now tell me what else one needs to do?

Then you gave four or five other versions of your "testimony"....endin g with coping and pasting a guideline on how to become a Christian as your testimony!!!!!!

You would have been better off going to the site that gives a sample of a testimony, and fabricated one that would have some sense of reality, truth and sincerity!!!!!

Want to give it a go?????

Sample Testimony

When it comes to sharing your testimony, focus on a few key points:

What your life was like before Christ
How you came to know Him
Include the gospel. Share that Christ alone, not works, has saved you.
How your life is different today because of Him
Share a passage of scripture from which God has spoken to you.

Here's a good example of how your testimony might go:

I grew up in a Christian family, so I was surrounded by God and the church from the very beginning. I was raised in a Christian home, but just followed through the motions of doing “Christian things” that I thought you were supposed to do. I didn’t know Him, I just knew about Him.

I found myself searching for purpose and meaning in people and also in myself. Whether that was my friends or in relationships, I poured my whole heart into them. I also became very fixated on myself and my image. I became very consumed with what people thought of me and was living for the acceptance of the world.

At my lowest point when I was alone and afraid, God drew me to Himself. From growing up in a Christian home, I knew what to do. I knew that He could save me if I just let Him. I confessed that I am a sinner and that I was trying to find life in other people and myself. I acknowledged that He sent Jesus to die on the cross so that I can be saved from my sin and have eternal life. I committed to living for God instead of others.

Since knowing Him, God showed me that being a “Christian” isn’t about just doing good works. He made it clear that I do not have to earn my salvation or His love (Eph. 2:8-9). He has given me fulfillment and purpose and joy. I am not perfect and I still mess up, but God loves me despite my flaws and imperfections. And when the things I was pursuing before continually let me down, God has never once left me. He has shown Himself to me in His Word, the Bible, in (verse of scripture). God loved me even at my lowest point and He rescued me from myself and eternal separation from Him.

“YESHUA IS LORD”

Since: Apr 07

GAWGIA (GEORGIA)

#467959 Aug 1, 2013
atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>WOW!! a self proclaimed Bible teacher and you don't know that another name for "running water" is called [living water] which is a stream or river compared to a pond, well, etc.LOL.
Living water = life, Spritually.
NO CHARGE TO TELL YOU WHAT EVEN AMATEUR BIBLE SCHOLARS WOULD KNOW.
Aww now Pookie. Now see, in our congregation we don't refer to anyone as a Bible scholar. To do so is the height of arrogance and pride. Even the Apostle Paul, who probably knew more of the Bible than anyone in his time never called himself a scholar.

My pastor, who has been a teacher of Gods word for over 50 years now only merely refers to himself as a student of Gods word. We are all nothing but mere students of Gods word.

I guess in your congregation though you guys have become such great Bible experts that you refer to yourselves aS Bible scholars huh,LOL,LOL. Tell me this O great Bible scholar, what does the scripture say about how those that exalt themselves shall be abased. Hmmmm.

“YESHUA IS LORD”

GAWGIA (GEORGIA)

#467960 Aug 1, 2013
atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>PERHAPS IF MY SON WAS HERE INSTEAD OF CHINA, he could teach you about Chinese arithmetic.lol
Don't I remember you saying once that you have some sort of disability? And we're not talking about your mental disability,LOL,LOL.

“YESHUA IS LORD”

GAWGIA (GEORGIA)

#467961 Aug 1, 2013
atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>WOW!! a self proclaimed Bible teacher and you don't know that another name for "running water" is called [living water] which is a stream or river compared to a pond, well, etc.LOL.
Living water = life, Spritually.
NO CHARGE TO TELL YOU WHAT EVEN AMATEUR BIBLE SCHOLARS WOULD KNOW.
Why you great scholar you. The lesson I could give you on LIVING WATERS. Would you like for me to school you on the phrase LIVING WATERS?

Since: Jan 08

Location hidden

#467962 Aug 1, 2013
Tony17 wrote:
<quoted text>Don't I remember you saying once that you have some sort of disability? And we're not talking about your mental disability,LOL,LOL.
UH yeah? I draw 100% disability from the VA, so what?

Location hidden

#467963 Aug 1, 2013
Tony17 wrote:
<quoted text>Why you great scholar you. The lesson I could give you on LIVING WATERS. Would you like for me to school you on the phrase LIVING WATERS?
you school me? on any thing? lol@U.

if you knew and obeyed the Holy Scriptures, you wouldn't be a reprobate like u r

“What are you looking at?”

Albuquerque, NM

#467964 Aug 1, 2013
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
Faith is in operation here. Whole households were baptized on the profession of faith by the head of the household.
Exactly - indoctrination had been strong. One could make a comparison to modern times and all the baby boomer baptisms in the 50s, 60s and 70s. As Dan woefully exasperated that parents bring their children to be baptized, you seem to still want to refute it and base that "faith" is somehow magically appears to the child in order for he/she to be at the Baptismal on their own.

You slay me!! LOL

Being steadfast can be admirable, but being silly is outright ridiculous.

Honesty Anthony, honesty. it is all it takes and you too can be a "new man in Jesus".

“YESHUA IS LORD”

GAWGIA (GEORGIA)

#467965 Aug 1, 2013
atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>you school me? on any thing? lol@U.
if you knew and obeyed the Holy Scriptures, you wouldn't be a reprobate like u r
LOL. Why is it then that this "reprobate" can break you down to your lowest common denominator when it comes to rightly diving the word of God?

“YESHUA IS LORD”

GAWGIA (GEORGIA)

#467966 Aug 1, 2013
atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>you school me? on any thing? lol@U.
Then again you may be right. Some people simply can't be schooled. Unfortunately no matter how many servants God sends to some people, they simply won't hear Gods word. You simply can't school them.

Albuquerque, NM

#467967 Aug 1, 2013
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
Ok. I assume you are ceding the point that St. Paul says putting on Christ occurs at baptism, that faith is required and that it not necessarily need come from the person being baptized if they don't fully understand it. Thanks.
Please don't think you know what I say, because it appears you are still incorrect.

a. A child/infant cannot "put on Christ" at baptism, because more than often, they are not aware of the proceeding anyhow. You've failed at providing support showing this action to be some sort of "knowledge attained by the one rcvg baptism".

b. You also have failed to provide support to your claim that "faith is required". I've already shown you that "faith" is learned and an infant/child has not learn faith when they are baptized in Catholicism.

c. Finally, you've failed ot show support that "faith" from the parents or others, is transferred to the infant. If this is what you are implying, then the transfer of human energy I can accept, but not one of a transfer of faith. Dr. William Tiller's book, "Science and Human Transformation: Subtle Energies, Intentionality and Consciousness" is a great physics book that actually has a variety of experiments that show how we humans do emit energy and can be detected. So a transfer of energy would be an acceptable answer from you in this regard, but one for "faith", you'll have to provide support that "faith"is measured and measurable enough to show being transferred to am infant/child. And then show the support that the infant/child actually "put on Christ".

I doubt you can.

But since you won't be able to, let me predict what you will do.

You will divert with a one sentence post going somewhere - and nothing in your response will pertain to my post above.

Go!

http://www.amazon.com/Science-Human-Transform...

Location hidden

#467968 Aug 1, 2013
Tony17 wrote:
<quoted text>LOL. Why is it then that this "reprobate" can break you down to your lowest common denominator when it comes to rightly diving the word of God?
OK, find ONE post where you ever [broke me down].lol

Albuquerque, NM

#467969 Aug 1, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
The whole truth of Jesus is NOT taught in Catholicism???
The Catholics were the ones to approve of everything that was compiled in the new testament.
Are you claiming that they don't teach the truth of the Jesus dogma ... but YOU DO???
WOW!
It seems that self is full of self and self is very arrogant in self's claims.
Correct.

And it wasn't I who started this "philosophy". If you have a bone to pick - why don't you pick it with Plato.

Oh wait, you can't, he's dead too. Darn. Let me think a few moments and try to give you someone who you can pick a bone with about my beliefs.

hmmmmm.

Tough one......hmmmmmm.....

:o)

“YESHUA IS LORD”

GAWGIA (GEORGIA)

#467970 Aug 1, 2013
atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>OK, find ONE post where you ever [broke me down].lol
TNTC.
marge

Ames, IA

#467971 Aug 1, 2013
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
To find out what the SBC says about it. It's just as I thought.
Back to the original ( and still unanswered) question. What do protestants claim they've done for their salvation that a faithful Catholic hasn't done?
Hey Anthony, it just doesn't seem you've been born-anew because of your understanding of Scripture, we should been on the same page much more.

Could you agree your church doesn't make people born-again?

“YESHUA IS LORD”

GAWGIA (GEORGIA)

#467972 Aug 1, 2013
atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>UH yeah? I draw 100% disability from the VA, so what?
Exactly what is your disability? And leave your mental status out of this. We already know that's one of your disabilities.

Albuquerque, NM

#467973 Aug 1, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
I already showed you that Jesus complied with his father who commanded humans to kill each other. Had he not, he would have said, "Now listen here dad ... I'm preaching about love and you are commanding my followers to kill each other, and THAT is a HUGE SIN ... so knock it off or my words won't have any meaning."
But Jesus (within the theology) didn't say anything about his father's SIN.
Do you GET my drift NOW???
There are some people who believe that Jesus was actually a Zealot, similar to Judas Iscariot's lifestyle. And that both of these gents were part of an organization that were continuously trying to thwart the Roman rule.

If you were to Google "Jesus, magician" or "Jesus, zealot" you will see a variety of different sides of Jesus that aren't taught by Catholicism, but also show that Jesus could have "killed" others, because of the group he was part of.

But before you begin to state that Jesus "complied with his father who commanded humans to kill each other", and I "believe it", you'll have to show me support for that by something Jesus supposedly spoke. To help you immensely, I would think a passage that clearly has Jesus speaking about killing another by his Father's command.....OR....maybe within one of his sermons (within the NT Gospels), stating the same - "My Father commands humans to kill each other!".

I can tell that your beliefs are sometimes extreme, so whomever you learned them from, hadn't taught you very well.

“GOD SO LOVED US”

Since: Aug 08

He Gave His SON to Save us

#467974 Aug 1, 2013
LTM wrote:
<quoted text>
You are a sinner, I am a sinner, the difference between you and me is, I am a redeemed sinner you are not.
You who doesn't believe in God has a lot to say about who God will or will not spend time with.
Its not that God doesn't want to spend time with us,
God will spend time with anyone, people don't want to spend time with Him
Why do you keep assuming , something about someone you don't believe in.
You must be a barrel of fun in a crowd, with you doing all the talking no one gets a word in edge wise
Just passing on a few pages,on a,site I found

Anyone I think will find some or all of this interesting

http://www.thepropheticyears.com/comments/pro...

http://www.thepropheticyears.com/comments/The...

http://www.thepropheticyears.com/

“GOD SO LOVED US”

#467975 Aug 1, 2013
atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>OK, find ONE post where you ever [broke me down].lol
Not sure if you will like these but think st least parts ..You may agree with..only 3 out of many pages..think they are all listed on the,second link.:)

“GOD SO LOVED US”

#467976 Aug 1, 2013
OldJG wrote:
WHO SHOULD BE BAPTIZED? WHO IS THE PROPER CANDIDATE?
Only a saved man should be baptiz the water and after the Eunuch was baptized by immersion they came up out of the water. Clearly this is baptism by immersion.(More will be said on that a little further)
If a lost man is baptized then it"baptizo" means to immerse and has no othhe water. Sprinkling is not baptism. God is very clear on this.
Any other mode of baptism makes light of the death and resurrection of Christ. Those that practice these false methods of baptism have not obeyed the first commandment of their professed Lord. God choose the method of baptism to be a picture of the Gospel the person who is being baptized is identifying himself with Christ.
Baptism is to be done in the name of God the Father, Son and Holy Spirit. Matt. 28:19-20. In this passage, called the "Great Commission" Jesus commanded that believers were to go into the world and preach the Gospel and baptize them in the name of the Father, Son and Holy Spirit. Both the evangelism of the world and baptism were to be done in the name of the Trinity. Biblical baptisms are those that are done by true Bible believing assemblies that follow the New Testament as its sole rule and authority for its faith and practice. God has not given any church or individual the right to change what He put in place and instructed.
Some false modern churches baptize in Jesus' name only. That is a violation of God's word and denies the Trinity. The reason these false churches baptize in Jesus' name only is that they do not believe in the Trinity and thus are false churches believing and practicing a false religion. They are a false church preaching a false Gospel and baptism.
Hey J G

passing this,on ONLY STARTED READING A,FEW PAGES...

http://www.thepropheticyears.com/comments/pro...

Http://www.thepropheticyears.com/comments/The...

http://www.thepropheticyears.com/

Albuquerque, NM

#467977 Aug 1, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
You claim that Jesus never wrote anything down
Correct. Best of my knowledge, at this point in time, Jesus didn't write anything down. If he had, it has not been discovered or -- it was discovered and quickly covered up by religious apologists, so that Christianity would not be destroyed.
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>... so that means you completely trusted men to write what Jesus supposedly said to THEM???
No. I don't trust men or their writings, because I am not sure that the information written is first-hand autographs. If I can be reassured that the original autographs are available, then it would be a different ballgame. Since we don't, to me - everything is second-hand news, and thus, I've chosen to believe credible and researched works to further the truth and to learn what I can along the way.

As for the philosophy of Jesus'- the morals they hold are wonderful additions to anyone's life. They help build quality in a person, and shows how an individual can express love openly, and help others along the way. I'm sorry you missed that portion of the bible study. But no worries, you didn't miss anything then, because it was never taught to begin with.
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>That's a lot of investment in faith that those Catholics told the truth.
See above response.
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>Considering all the killing over the centuries ... I wouldn't trust them to tell the truth about much of anything.
I don't trust those who have put Catholicism above reality.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News What Divides Catholics and Protestants? (Apr '08) 3 hr Catholic24 84,325
News Pope Francis Affirms Evolution and Big Bang Theory 19 hr Paul Porter1 266
News United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) Jul 28 Gee Tee 9,601
News Hispanics energized by Argentinian pope's first... Jul 27 tomin cali 1
News Philippines and Vatican release Pope Francis po... (Mar '14) Jul 26 pazuzu 91
News Pope previews long-awaited climate letter Jul 25 pazuzu 14
News Poll: US views of Francis dim; a plunge in appr... Jul 24 Bug Spray 20
More from around the web