Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 646357 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

Anthony MN

Minneapolis, MN

#468110 Aug 2, 2013
Oxbow wrote:
A SAVED CHURCH MEMBERSHIP
Being able to provide an account of one's salvation is essential to become a member of a Baptist church.
Note to Ant: Saying "I done all the SBC rules call for"...or words to that affect...ain't going to cut it...
There are still some churches who stipulate that such a testimony be verbal and public. However, most Baptist churches are comfortable with an individual telling of the moment when they were born-again to one of their pastors, a deacon, or a "personal worker" during an invitation (usually at the conclusion of the sermon when individuals are invited to come to the front where a designated person will read appropriate Scriptures and pray with you). Having provided a testimony of salvation, the next step is to be baptized (see below) to become a church member.
Should a believer already hold membership in another Baptist church, it may be transferred by letter. Using this approach, the receiving church sends a request for a transfer of letter to the previous church. Most Baptist churches, regardless of whatever differences they may share regarding the finer aspects of doctrine, will honor the transfer of letter. The only time they may not do so is if the requesting member has been a serious problem in the church where they had been previously attending. In fact, this method of receiving members benefits local churches who may not be aware that the person requesting membership has been an issue.
Conversely, there are Baptists who are proud of the fact that they have an unbroken chain of letters from one church to another as they have moved to various communities or sensed the leading of God to bring whatever they can contribute to another church where they are needed.
Another method of receiving members is by statement. There are those circumstances where a believer had been a member of a church that is no longer in existence or it has been a very long time since being a church member. Since churches do not always hold names on their membership roles for indefinite periods of time, there may be no record of someone having been a member. Since Baptists do not baptize a person more than one time, accepting a believer by statement is a normal and accepted practice. Those who request membership using this method will have to share more of their salvation testimony and baptism by immersion but, in view of this way of joining the church, sharing such information would only be reasonable.
So Romans 10:9 isn't enough?

“What are you looking at?”

Since: Jan 08

Albuquerque, NM

#468111 Aug 2, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
If everyone is right, then why are you here debating?
:)
Because I find so-called "Christians" entertaining and....I like to express my voice against a blatant fallacy.

You?

Since: Sep 09

Quesnel, Canada

#468112 Aug 2, 2013
New Age Spiritual Leader wrote:
<quoted text>
If you were to Google "Jesus, magician" or "Jesus, zealot" you will see a variety of different sides of Jesus that aren't taught by Catholicism, but also show that Jesus could have "killed" others, because of the group he was part of.
Well, I don't believe any of those characters were real, but at least that scenario makes more sense to me than trying to paint Jesus as holy.

Had he lived, my guess is he would have been a fighter to protect the honor of Judaism ... with as much blood on his hands as was on the hands of the other fighters.

“GOD SO LOVED US”

Since: Aug 08

He Gave His SON,JESUS Christ

#468113 Aug 2, 2013
atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>net worth HAS NOTHING to do with the determination of a persons injuries during your service tour of duty. I retired over 10 years ago from my secular job and they used my VA medical records to determine that I couldnt work any longer, but the VA wouldn't use the same records and it took over ten years to get them to determine that I couldn't work, but this is not uncommon with the VA.
so for me, neck broken in three places and 5(2,3,4,5 6) fused with first operation(stainless steel to hold them in place) and 3(3,4,5) on the second. fracture of L5. nice little bullet hole in my right arm, which messed up the ulnar nerve and has caused my fingers to be crooked. and to go along with all of that, nerve pain going down both legs.
and I really wish that the shingles pain would leave.
So much pain!!!

I am so sorry

My prayers,are with you.

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 53:1.--6 "MATT 10:27"

#468114 Aug 2, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
He might be nearer than you think, and wondering why you are not out killing these evil people that you claim are offending him.
You behave as though the scriptures from Leviticus didn't come from the one and only god. That's blasphemy, and blasphemy is a sin ... and if you don't repent of that sin, it will take you straight to hell. I suggest you deal with this "matter."
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>
Any person who curseth his mother or father, must be killed.(Leviticus 20:9)
If a man cheats on his wife, or vise versa, both the man and the woman must die.(Leviticus 20:10).
If a man sleeps with his father's wife... both him and his father's wife is to be put to death.(Leviticus 20:11)
If a man sleeps with his wife and her mother they are all to be burnt to death.(Leviticus 20:14)
If a man or woman has sex with an animal, both human and animal must be killed.(Leviticus 20:15-16).
If a man has sex with a woman on her period, they are both to be "cut off from their people" (Leviticus 20:18)
Psychics, wizards, and so on are to be stoned to death.(Leviticus 20:27)
If a priest's daughter is a whore, she is to be burnt at the stake.(Leviticus 21:9)
People who have flat noses, or is blind or lame, cannot go to an altar of God (Leviticus 21:17-18)
Anyone who curses or blasphemes God, should be stoned to death by the community.(Leviticus 24:14-16)
~~~

AS IF YOU CARE...

I do not have to wonder why a self proclaimed atheist such as your self would be busy attempting to quot a God that they claim not to believe in..

is it not because..

YOU JUST WANT TO ACCUSE GOD AND HIS SERVANTS..

Joh_8:44 Ye are of your father the devil, and the lusts of your father ye will do. He was a murderer from the beginning, and abode not in the truth, because there is no truth in him. When he speaketh a lie, he speaketh of his own: for he is a liar, and the father of it.

The Bible says the devils day of destruction is coming..

Rev_12:10 And I heard a loud voice saying in heaven, Now is come salvation, and strength, and the kingdom of our God, and the power of his Christ:

for---> the accuser of our brethren is cast down, which accused them before our God day and night.

Quesnel, Canada

#468115 Aug 2, 2013
<quoted text>
Correct.
And it wasn't I who started this "philosophy". If you have a bone to pick - why don't you pick it with Plato.
Plato is dead as a rat. You are alive and wanting to debate. If that were not so you wouldn't be on a forum.
truth

Madeley, Australia

#468116 Aug 2, 2013
Where is a understanding there is a virtue..
'come to my assistance my angels'
be day and night upon me and my call..

not secrets

Earth swear to Heaven..not will be any secret.
Neva eh sta jeeee=whats happen=see god will answer 'street'..teerts=teeth=teeth for teeth..see ....insert..on under tunnel where computer o'clock working in green Government house..look glasses looking toward shape roof as on church..who is there..someone who drink strong wine which life is bitter..
http://www.kingjamesbibleonline.org/Proverbs-...
any problem with heart
http://www.biblestudytools.com/proverbs/31-6-...

http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/...

look street
truth

Madeley, Australia

#468118 Aug 2, 2013
they bring me to Jacob dentist when i come in this country 5=mum they damage purposely my teeth
dentist Jacob in Fremantle 1986 ..record still exist.

mum
look street direction..
in Government green house is dentist ..look bridge as u=l=that side look mum line (((((( or similar line mum
please listen..dentist=have as describe
How much I love you, you will cry from joy.
it will be

understanding=where is understanding there is virtue
come to my assistance my dearest angels look upon whom to i describe as well what I describe..

Quesnel, Canada

#468119 Aug 2, 2013
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
Faith is in operation here. Whole households were baptized on the profession of faith by the head of the household.
Do you honestly believe that when this supposed god doesn't care that thousands of babies are starving to death daily ... that the same god would give a rat's ass about your silly rituals???

Could you people BE that stupid?

Albuquerque, NM

#468120 Aug 2, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Plato is dead as a rat. You are alive and wanting to debate. If that were not so you wouldn't be on a forum.
I can be on a public forum without debating. Many do.

You are being cynical.

Quesnel, Canada

#468121 Aug 2, 2013
<I know where I am going - same place you will be.
I'll see ya there, k?
So ... you can read the future HUH?

Where WILL we all be going ... according to your crystal ball?

Clay

Brooklyn, NY

#468122 Aug 2, 2013
Seraphima wrote:
<quoted text>Clay. you asked for reputable sources and I would think that cnn and abc news etc. are reputable.I got tons but I am trying to be nice unless you piss me off...LOL back at ya....oh...if you have a problem with those sources take it up with cnn and abc news!
I expect nothing less from you at this point. you fool no one.
CNN ran a story about an allegation from an ex-priest last year about a bizarre sex ring. It was unsubstantiated and later proven false.
You recycled the allegation in order to continue this false story, knowing it would smear the Church if enough people would believe your post.
This is called 'deceit'.
That's why Catholics are here, Sera. For truth. I'm just a bit surprised the latest smear tactic came from an Orthodox. The fundies are rubbing off on ya.
So if that 'pisses' you off, then so be it. You can Google anything you desire and find a 'story' about whatever you want. I believe God knows your intent and knows whats in your heart.
Propaganda is the only thing that's fueled Protestantism the last 400 yrs.

"If they persecuted me, they will persecute you"

Jesus Christ, around 33 AD.

Quesnel, Canada

#468123 Aug 2, 2013
<quoted text>
Please post where June stated this.
If you are correct, I will apologize accordingly.
If you are incorrect, I will expect the same from you.
I attribute all words to mortal men with huge egos who were certain the gods were talking to them personally.

Albuquerque, NM

#468124 Aug 2, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, I don't believe any of those characters were real, but at least that scenario makes more sense to me than trying to paint Jesus as holy.
Had he lived, my guess is he would have been a fighter to protect the honor of Judaism ... with as much blood on his hands as was on the hands of the other fighters.
This recent book, written by a Muslim Dr. posits this "other Jesus" and has been gaining alot of controversy.

"Zealot: The Life and Times of Jesus of Nazareth"

http://www.amazon.com/kindle-store/dp/B00BRUQ...
http://news.yahoo.com/jesus-really-rabble-rou...

Here is the author's take on why he left Christianity - from an article posted on CNN titled "Why I write about Jesus":

"In it, he explained that the more he discovered about the Jesus of the gospels, the more he learned of the disparity between the religious view of the man and the historical figure."

He started being honest with himself.
truth

Madeley, Australia

#468125 Aug 2, 2013
they damage 5 teeth ..where in freemantle dentist when 1986 ..Jacob Dentist..i been pregnant 63=6.3 months= its effect i become 48 kg..i died for my son..i love that boy which i immensely suffer but ..

mum
my mother send me 2 t-shirt with cross..
pray my child
open yourself
Jesus Christ is only one who can help you!
understanding is virtue where there not been assistance if yes its pretend to be but they are as killer..

mum
in that green house as direction

mum near green house in city is what?

mum
please read
if my suffering is not inaf..
read
who seek my life must died psalm 63

mum
who drink and smell on alchocol

please read devided who why?
https://www.google.com.au/search...

is mosess correct as law
is levite law
see read mosle musle masle misle mesle
dentist Jacob

read mum who..

mum train

come to my assistance my dearest angels
where is understanding there is virtue=true v i
mum look symbols<<<<< << >>>>>>> >>>>((((((()))

who mum
Anthony MN

Minneapolis, MN

#468126 Aug 2, 2013
Hermeneutics Smutics wrote:
<quoted text>
You fall into predictable Catholic step, dont you.
1 Switch the Topic. You and Storm were the one that said I was not an Orthodox because I should agree with the Patriarch. You mocked me. You said that had no respect for the Patriarch. You said any Orthodox would follow the Patriarchs.Well, sweetheart, now you change the subject. You dont sound that brilliant now, do you. Perhaps if Catholics would have disagreed with your Pope through history a few times so many would not have to suffer.
2. Re this Arian controversy have posted how it was the East that got it in line- specifically Athanasius, and the Cappadocians.I poted how the Pope may hav attended 1 of the 7 Conferences by which we defined the core of the faith. The ope was too busy with Constantine the butcherer. But the Catholic way here is if you wait enough time after being proven wrong, you can post the same unTruths again.
3. You conveniently forgot how you ridiculed me for stating that the Orthodox people do not want reunion. You said that was false. Sera and were the mutants.Why do you suddenly forget you made that argument and switch on to the Arians of all things. You were informed by your propaganda spilling hierarchy that when the Catholic converted Barbarians to fight for them to take over the world the the Arians were allowed to keep their old gods as well.
4.Be proud of your Apo-stole-the-Church for being the only evil that brought violence and the secular forces to the Holy Mountain.
It does show that perhaps some people here are correct when they propose that there is inherent evil in your church.
5.You think the monks were extreme? Try to get the Orthodox people to reunite with the Catholic Church. You havent seen nothing yet. Why? Because we dont change the tenets of our faith and then hide behind categories.We stick with the faith. You modify the faith to get more power.We will not change our faith.I will personally schedule another helicopter so your second Pope can sneak off into the sky as well.
Stay out of my posts.
"Take it easy
Take it easy
Don't let the sound of your own wheels
Drive you crazy

Lighten up while you still can
Don't even try to understand
Just find a place to make your stand
And take it easy "

Quesnel, Canada

#468127 Aug 2, 2013
<quoted text>
I can be on a public forum without debating. Many do.
You are being cynical.
What word do you USE if you don't use the word "debate?"

Would the word "discuss" be more pleasing to your sensitivities?

Albuquerque, NM

#468128 Aug 2, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
So ... you can read the future HUH?
Where WILL we all be going ... according to your crystal ball?
Not crystal ball - Tarot cards.

I have never really accepted that a crystal ball would actually show someone - something. But just because I've never seen it occur, doesn't mean it couldn't happen.

But Tarot cards - a different orange altogether. Very telling.

Whether you believe them or not, it doesn't matter to me, I've seen enough to say that they are mystical and very esoteric.

But since you were a so-called "Christian" for 70+ years, I highly doubt you know anything about them, have ever had a reading, or even seen a deck.

So, since Tarot is off-topic, we'll keep it out of the discussion.

Albuquerque, NM

#468129 Aug 2, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
I attribute all words to mortal men with huge egos who were certain the gods were talking to them personally.
This is one way to look at it.
truth

Madeley, Australia

#468130 Aug 2, 2013
who is as pro testant test..ant

who is or to do x==find symbols on that street or around..
terrorr tears
ear
mum
my son is been so much under suffering with ear..7 hours look evidence as medical its truth
who can fill who can hear have ear
mum
15 km..they send me home
don't cry go home we will call you
when i return i wait so long until i start fill pain deep pain in my head..i start fill my son pain head and complete mind..i start cry as could i tell to father everything..i fill every pain of his suffering
15km
15=o=circle about what
look street direction

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) Fri Crazy 10,159
News John Paul II College of Davao (Dec '07) Jun 20 tine 673
News Milwaukee Rising: Looking for the city's most u... Jun 20 Tom 2
News Pope names new papal nuncio to the United States Jun 1 Michael 7
News Pope's zero tolerance for pedophiles faces test... (Mar '15) May 27 Gods r Delusions ... 4
News Pope Francis eases way for divorced Catholics w... May 27 truth 54
News Pope Francis meets top Sunni cleric May '16 Bullet Proof Pope 1
More from around the web