Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

Full story: CBC News 578,650
The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ. Read more

“What are you looking at?”

Since: Jan 08

Albuquerque, NM

#467810 Aug 1, 2013
marge wrote:
Rom 3:4 God forbid: yea, let God be true, but every man a liar; as it is written, That thou mightest be justified in thy sayings, and mightest overcome when thou art judged.
The only way to overcome when one is judged is by Baptism of the Holy Spirit, water baptism does not cut it.
Then why do so-called claim to have the HS within them, when there is no support for this claim?

Calling themselves such is blatant lying to others.

Looks like you still fall short.

Self.

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 55:11--"MATT 10:27"

#467811 Aug 1, 2013
marge wrote:
Rom 3:4 God forbid: yea, let God be true, but every man a liar; as it is written, That thou mightest be justified in thy sayings, and mightest overcome when thou art judged.
The only way to overcome when one is judged is by Baptism of the Holy Spirit, water baptism does not cut it.
~~~

THE APOSTLE PETER PREACHED

1.Repentance

2.WATER BAPTISM AND

3. RECEIVING THE HOLY SPIRIT

Act 2:37 Now when they heard this, they were pricked in their heart, and said unto Peter and to the rest of the apostles,

Men and brethren, what shall we do?

Act 2:38 Then Peter said unto them,

1. Repent, and

2. be baptized (in water) every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ

for the remission of sins, and

3. ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost.

Act 2:39 For the promise is unto you, and to your children, and to all that are afar off, even as many as the Lord our God shall call.

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

"ISA 55:11--"MATT 10:27"

#467812 Aug 1, 2013
who="Anthony MN"
Disagree.“… for in Christ Jesus, you are all sons of God, through faith. For as many of you as were baptized into Christ have put on Christ”(Gal 3:26,27).
Faith is what brings one to baptism in which we are baptized "into" and "put on Christ".

Not to be disagreeable, but I came to Christ in a VERY real experience, but it was several months before I had opportunity to be baptized. I was IN CHRIST, and He definitely was in me all the while until then.

Those were baptized into Christ BECAUSE they had 'put on Christ'.

KayMarie

Albuquerque, NM

#467813 Aug 1, 2013
confrinting with the word wrote:
who="Oxbow"
Are there any other Catlicks on this forum that would like to share their "testimony"????
If you need help...contact Ant...he knows where to copy and paste ready made ones!!!!!!
From what you are saying you are saved as much as my donkey!!!!!
Go easy on him, Oxbow. He has made it plain that he believes that testimony, regardless of where he copied it.
Our purpose in this discussion is to 'let us reason together'(Isaiah), so that we may all see God's plan more clearly. Being 'right' is not so important as seeing that the Truth is presented in such a way that others can receive it.
"Though I speak with the tongues of MEN AND ANGELS and have not LOVE, I am just a 'noise'."
Acid on our tongue will destroy the effect of all the good things we may say. Jesus said, "I am not come to condemn the world, but that the world THROUGH ME might be saved."
Hopefully, the fruit of our words will lead people to Christ.
KayMarie
You forgot to add these:

(10) Jesus says:

"I have cast fire upon the world, and see, I am guarding it until it blazes."

(16) Jesus says:

(1) "Perhaps people think that I have come to cast peace upon the earth.
(2) But they do not know that I have come to cast dissension upon the earth: fire, sword, war.
(3) For there will be five in one house: there will be three against two and two against three,
father against son and son against father.
(4) And they will stand as solitary ones."

Looks like being a "solitary one" in Jesus' eyes, is the right move I've made.

Why do believe men over Jesus?

Albuquerque, NM

#467814 Aug 1, 2013
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
Disagree.“… for in Christ Jesus, you are all sons of God, through faith. For as many of you as were baptized into Christ have put on Christ”(Gal 3:26,27).
Faith is what brings one to baptism in which we are baptized "into" and "put on Christ".
Incorrect.

For Catholicism, a chiild's "faith" did not bring the child to be baptized, but in fact, it was the faith of the child's parent that brought them to their baptism.

Why are you trying to mislead people.

Location hidden

#467815 Aug 1, 2013
<quoted text>
~~~
While salvation ultimately involves the redemption of the whole man,
our soul/SPIRIT is what has been saved until
the redemption of the body that will come when Jesus catches us away.
-->REDEMPTION OF THE BODY IS OUR EARNEST EXPECTATION.<
~~~
Rom 8:19 --> For the earnest expectation of the creature waiteth for the manifestation of the sons of God.
Rom 8:20 For the creature was made subject to vanity, not willingly, but by reason of him who hath subjected the same in hope,
==>WE WILL BE DELIVERED FROM THIS BODIES BONDAGE OF CORRUPTION<
Rom 8:21 ==> Because the creature itself also shall be delivered from the bondage of corruption into the glorious liberty of the children of God.
NOTE
Rom 8:22 For we know that the whole creation groaneth and travaileth in pain together until now.
Rom 8:23 AND NOT ONLY THEY BUT
OURSELVES ALSO,
which have the firstfruits of the Spirit,
even we ourselves groan within ourselves,
waiting for the adoption, to wit, THE REDEMPTION OF OUR BODY.
Make you a bet....not one catlick on this forum can tell you they are a son of God and know how they got to that status.

Nor can they tell you that they are perfect as their Father is perfect in Heaven...

Since: Sep 09

Quesnel, Canada

#467816 Aug 1, 2013
New Age Spiritual Leader wrote:
<quoted text>
...and yet you won't believe him with this teaching.....
(17) Jesus says:
"I will give you what no eye has seen, and what no ear has heard,
and what no hand has touched, and what has not occurred to the human mind."
And here is the Catholic indoctrination coming back to surface.

Albuquerque, NM

#467817 Aug 1, 2013
<quoted text>
~~~
THE APOSTLE PETER PREACHED
1.Repentance
2.WATER BAPTISM AND
3. RECEIVING THE HOLY SPIRIT
Act 2:37 Now when they heard this, they were pricked in their heart, and said unto Peter and to the rest of the apostles,
Men and brethren, what shall we do?
Act 2:38 Then Peter said unto them,
1. Repent, and
2. be baptized (in water) every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ
for the remission of sins, and
3. ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost.
Act 2:39 For the promise is unto you, and to your children, and to all that are afar off, even as many as the Lord our God shall call.
Christianity 101

Acts was written by Luke and not Peter. SO this would be Luke making the statements.

DOH!!

"Tradition holds that the text was written by Luke the companion of Paul (named in Colossians 4:14) and this traditional view of Lukan authorship is “widely held as the view which most satisfactorily explains all the data.”[1] The list of scholars maintaining authorship by Luke the physician is lengthy, and represents scholars from a wide range of theological opinion.[2] However, there is no consensus, and according to Raymond E. Brown, the current [1997] opinion concerning Lukan authorship was ‘about evenly divided’"

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Authorship_of_Lu...

Back to the study group......*sighs*......

Quesnel, Canada

#467818 Aug 1, 2013
JESUS SAID..WHOM TO BELIEVE IN
So why aren't you following HIS commands as should be your will???
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>

Any person who curseth his mother or father, must be killed.(Leviticus 20:9)

If a man cheats on his wife, or vise versa, both the man and the woman must die.(Leviticus 20:10).

If a man sleeps with his father's wife... both him and his father's wife is to be put to death.(Leviticus 20:11)

If a man sleeps with his wife and her mother they are all to be burnt to death.(Leviticus 20:14)

If a man or woman has sex with an animal, both human and animal must be killed.(Leviticus 20:15-16).

If a man has sex with a woman on her period, they are both to be "cut off from their people" (Leviticus 20:18)

Psychics, wizards, and so on are to be stoned to death.(Leviticus 20:27)

If a priest's daughter is a whore, she is to be burnt at the stake.(Leviticus 21:9)

People who have flat noses, or is blind or lame, cannot go to an altar of God (Leviticus 21:17-18)

Anyone who curses or blasphemes God, should be stoned to death by the community.(Leviticus 24:14-16)

Quesnel, Canada

#467819 Aug 1, 2013
<quoted text>
All actions of Self.
Thanks for promoting the Self.
Why don't you believe Jesus when he expressed the same?
If as according to you Christians are only half-following the will of Jesus ... do you believe that you are following the WHOLE will of Jesus ... by any chance???

:)

Silly people!

Quesnel, Canada

#467820 Aug 1, 2013
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
Look June ..I know you don't want to hear this
EVERYONE IS WELCOME
I suggest you stop lying.

Only those who believe in Jesus are welcome.

That leaves out most people of the world.

Of course the pope and Billy Graham claim that Jesus is lightening up after all these years ... that he changed his mind and will now allow others in heaven.

How silly!
Dan

Omaha, NE

#467821 Aug 1, 2013
<quoted text>
Incorrect.
For Catholicism, a chiild's "faith" did not bring the child to be baptized, but in fact, it was the faith of the child's parent that brought them to their baptism.
Why are you trying to mislead people.
He said "faith brings one to baptism". He didn't say "the child's faith", I don't think.
Dan

Omaha, NE

#467822 Aug 1, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
If a man cheats on his wife, or vise versa, both the man and the woman must die.(Leviticus 20:10).
If a man sleeps with his father's wife... both him and his father's wife is to be put to death.(Leviticus 20:11)
If a man sleeps with his wife and her mother they are all to be burnt to death.(Leviticus 20:14)
If a man or woman has sex with an animal, both human and animal must be killed.(Leviticus 20:15-16).
If a man has sex with a woman on her period, they are both to be "cut off from their people" (Leviticus 20:18)
If a priest's daughter is a whore, she is to be burnt at the stake.(Leviticus 21:9)
People who have flat noses, or is blind or lame, cannot go to an altar of God (Leviticus 21:17-18)
Anyone who curses or blasphemes God, should be stoned to death by the community.(Leviticus 24:14-16)
Um, maybe because the passages from Leviticus aren't attributed to Jesus?

Quesnel, Canada

#467823 Aug 1, 2013
<quoted text>
I left Catholicism behind, and have put it on a leash next to me, so it knows it is not worthy to be free in my life.
You still USE the convenient Scriptures and instruct others how they should behave and believe if they want to follow Jesus not just in part, but in whole.

You are some arrogant.

Quesnel, Canada

#467824 Aug 1, 2013
<quoted text>
~~~
You in your obsession against God
You are obsesses that a god that used to only love Jews has now conformed his ways to now love you and only those of your ilk ... you silly poop!!!

Quesnel, Canada

#467825 Aug 1, 2013
obsessed
Dan

Omaha, NE

#467826 Aug 1, 2013
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
Make you a bet....not one catlick on this forum can tell you they are a son of God and know how they got to that status.
Nor can they tell you that they are perfect as their Father is perfect in Heaven...
No "catlick" would be so presumptuous, Ox.

We leave that to you.

Quesnel, Canada

#467827 Aug 1, 2013
<quoted text>
Perception is an amazing trait we all have.
Especially yours! Self!

“GOD SO LOVED US”

Since: Aug 08

He Gave His SON to Save us

#467828 Aug 1, 2013
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
Thanks Rose.
Dan

Omaha, NE

#467829 Aug 1, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Jesus didn't author the Book of Leviticus. The content is not attributed to Jesus. Maybe that's what he doesn't follow those commands. Just a thought.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) 21 min Married in 9,028
News Obamas to host Pope Francis at White House Sept... 58 min Le Duped 29
News Vatican backs Obama as Nobel Peace Prize Winner (Oct '09) Wed swedenforever 32
News Pope finds popularity and dissent at 2-year mark Mar 22 ELIAS IBARRA 4
News Was Obama right about the Crusades and Islamic ... Mar 17 barefoot2626 2,030
News Francis expects short papacy Mar 16 ELIAS IBARRA 2
News Pope says Catholics must practice a responsible... Mar 16 ELIAS IBARRA 5
More from around the web