Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 599973 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#467714 Aug 1, 2013
Catlick dogmaw...not based on Scripture.....

he Roman Catholic Church alleges that Mary’s parents presented her in the temple when she was but three years old, and that “the child herself mounted the Temple steps, and that she made her vow of virginity on this occasion”(Maas, 464F). This would suggest that at the tender age of three, Mary had considerable knowledge of human anatomy. It further hints that she understood the intricacies of sexual union. Moreover it indicates that she likely foreknew the fact that she would bear the Christ child, and that she perceived somehow that it would be inappropriate for her ever to engage in honorable intimacy with a legitimate husband.

This theory of Mary’s “perpetual virginity” became official dogma at the Council of Chalcedon in A.D. 451, and thus is binding upon both the Greek and Roman segments of the Church (Pelikan, 14.1000).

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

"ISA 53:1.--6 "MATT 10:27"

#467715 Aug 1, 2013
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
Your protestant brethren say baptism isn't necessary, it's just an act of obedience and really just gettin' wet.
I AM MORE INTERESTED IN OBEDIENCE TO GOD'S WORD IN ALL THINGS..

I DON'T ATTEMPT TO CONTEND WITH WHAT JESUS HAS SAID...

HIS instruction, I attempt to follow concerning

WATER BAPTISM is the words of Jesus..

I DON'T ARGUE WITH HIM.

I JUST OBEY...

AFTER ALL.....HE IS GOD!

(IF JESUS DOESN'T KNOW WHAT WE MUST DO TO BE SAVED...

THEN....

WHO DOES?)

HE SAID

Mat 28:19 Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost:

NOTE
Mat 28:20 Teaching them to observe all things

whatsoever I have --> COMMANDED <--you: and,

lo, I am with you alway, even unto the end of the world. Amen.

--> COMMANDED <-- DEFINED IN GREEK as used in MATTHEW 28:20

G1781
&#949;&#787;&#957; &#964;&#949;&#769; &#955;&#955;&#959; &#956;&#945;&#953;
entellomai
en-tel'-lom-ahee
From G1722 and the base of G5056; to enjoin:-(give) charge,(give) command(-ments), injoin.

JESUS SAID

John 14:15

(DRB) If you love me, keep my COMMANDMENTS.

(Geneva) If ye loue me, keepe my comandements,

(KJV) If ye love me, keep my commandments.

“What are you looking at?”

Since: Jan 08

Albuquerque, NM

#467716 Aug 1, 2013
Clay wrote:
Thanks allot Protestants! This is what you've done to the Holy Sacrament of Marriage.
Minneapolis Mayor, Rybek, is going to perform 42 same sex marriages in 6 hrs today.
Even if this were a straight couple ceremony... that's one marriage every 8 minutes. You MIGHT have enough time for one prayer.
Ironically, almost everyone participating in this today, will identify themselves as a Christian (statistically speaking). Protestantism opened the door for anyone to design their own Christianity- and be saved in the process. You've destroyed every sacrament the Apostles have given us, beginning with Baptism. Marriage is not a sacred union anymore because of you guys.
I can't imagine what the next generation of Protesters will protest.
Don't be so naive.

There are homosexual Catholics, whether you like it or not. Otherwise the "Holy See" wouldn't have to proclaim their support of "decriminalizing" it.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Homosexuality_an...

"The Holy See's representative to the United Nations offices in that city, Archbishop Silvano Maria Tomasi, stated: "A state should never punish a person, or deprive a person of the enjoyment of any human right, based just on the person's feelings and thoughts, including sexual thoughts and feelings. But states can, and must, regulate behaviors, including various sexual behaviors. Throughout the world, there is a consensus between societies that certain kinds of sexual behaviors must be forbidden by law. Pedophilia and incest are two examples.""

Albuquerque, NM

#467717 Aug 1, 2013
confrinting with the word wrote:
<quoted text>
~~~
If it means BEING AN UNBELIEVING INFIDEL such as you are...
I'LL PASS...
When it comes to having any understanding of the continuity of God's word.
YOU have proven yourself to be, terribly inadequate..
Still projecting I see. Why do you make false claims against me?

a. I'm not an "unbeliever".
b. I'm not an "infidel".
c. I understand the Bible very well, as well as other religious documents.
d. I may be inadequate in some things, but Christianity is not one of them.

Why don't you believe Jesus?

Albuquerque, NM

#467718 Aug 1, 2013
<quoted text>
I AM MORE INTERESTED IN OBEDIENCE TO GOD'S WORD IN ALL THINGS..
Can we count on you to stone to death all the homosexuals, or in the least, be present with throwing stones at them?

I, for one, am counting on you to uphold "God's word" - as "He" states that this must be done.

Take pictures, because I really don't think you will be upholding "God's word" for these acts to be accomplished, if you don't.

I'll be waiting for the pictures!!

Hypocrite.

Since: Aug 13

Location hidden

#467719 Aug 1, 2013
Elizabeth wrote:
As someone who is catholic and was raised in the faith, I find this truly offensive that the Pope would make a statement like this. It is making me seriously consider leaving the church. As long as popele believe in God and the holy trinity, why does it matter whether they believe as catholics, methodists, lutherans, etc? I think Benedict has gone too far with this statement and I do believe it is going to hurt the catholic church in the long run.
But are you really surprised?
HEADLINE: LEADER OF CATHOLIC CHURCH SAYS THAT HIS RELIGION IS BEST

#467720 Aug 1, 2013
Michael wrote:
<quoted text>
cowboy says..........my wife has a Masters in Nursing and she isn't smarter tan I am.
Michael says...If you can't spell the word "THAN" (tan) then your wife is smarter than you and is probably the real bread winner of the family.
Hold on just a moment

Being handicap does not define ones I.Q.

Just because a man makes a typographical error ( because his hands have

been injured. or he is limited in the use of his hands by infirmity.)

does not mean he is ignorant, or illiterate..

I don't boast of a high I.Q. BUT I AM SMART ENOUGHT TO BELIEVE GOD,

AND PREPARE MY SOUL FOR ETERNITY.

THE BIBLE SAYS...

Psa_14:1 A Psalm of David.

The fool hath said in his heart, There is no God. They are corrupt, they have done abominable works, there is none that doeth good.

Pro_12:15 The way of a fool is right in his own eyes: but he that hearkeneth unto counsel is wise.

Psa_119:104 Through thy precepts I get understanding: therefore I hate every false way.

Pro_4:5 Get wisdom, get understanding: forget it not; neither decline from the words of my mouth.

Pro_4:7 Wisdom is the principal thing; therefore get wisdom: and with all thy getting get understanding.

Pro_16:16 How much better is it to get wisdom than gold! and to get understanding rather to be chosen than silver!

Since: Feb 12

Location hidden

#467721 Aug 1, 2013
hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
Born again (half-truth, half-heresy) Christians like you, will stand on every roof top and blow "bible only" smoke, using a "bunch of mis-interpreted bible verses" ----yelling "saved, saved, saved" judging the faith of EVERYONE ELSE--claiming---you ain't saved, you ain't saved, you ain't saved---- your going to hell, hell, hell!! This is nothing but a "bunch of 18th century modernistic bible only BS ,thrown around by bible verse "gun-slinging" anti-catholic preachers and so-called christians who have DILLUSIONALLY AND EGOSTICALLY "appointed themselves" as the "final authority" as to who is a Christian and who is not---who is going to heaven and who is not, and who is saved and who is not---THUS RELIEVING GOD of HIS Responsibility... People such as this need to seek "psychological, emotional and mental help, for their sick, sick, sickness!!
So when are you making your appointment? lol

#467722 Aug 1, 2013
New Age Spiritual Leader wrote:
<quoted text>
Can we count on you to stone to death all the homosexuals, or in the least, be present with throwing stones at them?
I, for one, am counting on you to uphold "God's word" - as "He" states that this must be done.
Take pictures, because I really don't think you will be upholding "God's word" for these acts to be accomplished, if you don't.
I'll be waiting for the pictures!!
Hypocrite.
CALL ME WHAT YOU WILL...

But not to matter...I am whom God says I am..

Question...

WHY IS IT THAT YOU TAKE THE WORD OF ONE MAN (THOMAS) AS WITNESS TO WHAT JESUS SAID..AND DID

THERE IS NOT A COURT IN THE LAND THAT WILL CONVICT A MAN AT THE WORD OF ONE WITNESS..

Deu_19:15 One witness shall not rise up against a man for any iniquity, or for any sin, in any sin that he sinneth: at the mouth of two witnesses, or at the mouth of three witnesses, shall the matter be established.

THE BIBLE requires/PROVIDES ...TWO OTHERS ...MATTHEW AND JOHN...THAT

WERE WITH JESUS in his ministry HERE ON EARTH...

THEREFORE IT IS ABSOLUTELY NECESSARY FOR US TO PUT ALL THEIR

ACCOUNTS/what they witnessed... OF WHAT JESUS SAID AND DID)...

together to conclude what is truth.

As I said your understanding is grossly inadequate..

#467723 Aug 1, 2013
who="Clay "]
Thanks allot Protestants! This is what you've done to the Holy Sacrament of Marriage.
Minneapolis Mayor, Rybek, is going to perform 42 same sex marriages in 6 hrs today.
Even if this were a straight couple ceremony... that's one marriage every 8 minutes. You MIGHT have enough time for one prayer.
Ironically, almost everyone participating in this today, will identify themselves as a Christian (statistically speaking). Protestantism opened the door for anyone to design their own Christianity- and be saved in the process. You've destroyed every sacrament the Apostles have given us, beginning with Baptism. Marriage is not a sacred union anymore because of you guys.
I can't imagine what the next generation of Protesters will protest.

Your view of Protestant Christians is very limited and judgmental. Most of the Protestant Christians that I know/have known are SAINTS, and the rest of them are working at it. They have not encouraged today's 'culture rot'.

Actually, mainline Protestants have required their followers to make an effort to live holy. Cursing, drunkenness, and other such vileness are things that we have avoided. We know that God will forgive us when we falter, IF we repent. We are not spoiled by thinking that we can repeatedly confess what we want to, to a man. Nor are we taught that we can abandon a marriage if our 'church' tells us that we were never really married BY THE CC.(This destroys respectability for marriage as much as anything can.)

It would be better if Catholics worked toward their own holiness, rather than accusing Protestants of causing the sins of the world. Catholics seem to feel that they can do the same things that the world does, as long as they 'confess' to a priest.

The 'churches' that have approved stupid sex sins are NOT mainline Protestants.

KayMarie

Since: Sep 09

Quesnel, Canada

#467724 Aug 1, 2013
Tony17 wrote:
The first duty of the monarch of England is..........DEFENDER OF THE FAITH. That statement speaks volumes and gives a great clue as to where the throne of David,which is supposed to be a PERPETUAL THRONE, is today.
The attitude that faith needed defending is what caused all the religious wars.

"How DARE you insult my faith in MY god!"

Yet those in religion thought nothing of killing people who had faith in the idea that there was no god.
truth

Perth, Australia

#467725 Aug 1, 2013
how you call yourself as well others..
'attention'
yee
anger is express something not good
or
can't explain proply
but its true
how person see
when you see dangarose..many call that evil things
others don't liked hear or see
vulnerable art can say too
as well neglected things

did i care..noooooooo
is that nice expression..no

is that sin..noooooooooo
its correction which to much smart with pride don't liked see or let know to others know..

no anymore in future my writing
definitely not

https://www.google.com.au/search...

Quesnel, Canada

#467726 Aug 1, 2013
marge wrote:
<quoted text>
maybe they just don't have good communication skills, we all agree their yelling and fighting with doctrine with us did no good to teach them, God's will it's history.
It's takes two sides to fight. You want your way to be THE paved way, and they want their way to be THE paved way.

And that is the name of the religious game.

#467727 Aug 1, 2013
who="Michael "
cowboy says..........my wife has a Masters in Nursing and she isn't smarter tan I am.
Michael says...If you can't spell the word "THAN" (tan) then your wife is smarter than you and is probably the real bread winner of the family.

He has told you that he has trouble with arthritis in his fingers, so typo's occur frequently. To strike the wrong key, or skip a letter has nothing to do with intelligence.

Neither does it have anything to do with the views we are debating.

KayMarie

Quesnel, Canada

#467728 Aug 1, 2013
Tony17 wrote:
<quoted text>My Satan seed? What do you mean by "My Satan seed?"
Didn't you know that Satan-seeds only belong in the yards of the neighbors?

:)

Theology

There is a heaven, forever day by day
The upward longing of my soul doth tell me so
There is a hell, I’m quite as sure; for pray,
If there were not, where would my neighbors go?

Paul Lawrence Dunbar

Quesnel, Canada

#467729 Aug 1, 2013
atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>there was a prophecy on that saying but it was conditional and Israel never lived up to its side of the conditions.
Did you expect the ex-Jew Catholics to write that the Jews HAD lived up to the god's expectations and that the Jews were his chosen few?

How could the ex-Jew Catholics start a new religion on THAT premise?

It would have died in the water.

They had to defame the Jews to pretend that the Catholics were god's NEW chosen few.

Quesnel, Canada

#467730 Aug 1, 2013
atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>my wife has a Masters in Nursing and she isn't smarter tan I am
In humans there are two catagories ... dumb and dumber???

#467731 Aug 1, 2013
hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
Born again (half-truth, half-heresy) Christians like you, will stand on every roof top and blow "bible only" smoke, using a "bunch of mis-interpreted bible verses" ----yelling "saved, saved, saved" judging the faith of EVERYONE ELSE--claiming---you ain't saved, you ain't saved, you ain't saved---- your going to hell, hell, hell!! This is nothing but a "bunch of 18th century modernistic bible only BS ,thrown around by bible verse "gun-slinging" anti-catholic preachers and so-called christians who have DILLUSIONALLY AND EGOSTICALLY "appointed themselves" as the "final authority" as to who is a Christian and who is not---who is going to heaven and who is not, and who is saved and who is not---THUS RELIEVING GOD of HIS Responsibility... People such as this need to seek "psychological, emotional and mental help, for their sick, sick, sickness!!

~~~

People such as this need to seek "psychological, emotional and mental help, for their sick, sick, sickness!!

~~~

Jud 1:14 And Enoch also, the seventh from Adam, prophesied of these, saying, Behold, the Lord cometh with ten thousands of his saints,

Jud 1:15 To execute judgment upon all, and to convince all that are ungodly among them of all their ungodly deeds which they have ungodly committed, and of all their hard speeches which ungodly sinners have spoken against him.

Jud 1:16 These are murmurers, complainers, walking after their own lusts; and their mouth speaketh great swelling words, having men's persons in admiration because of advantage.

Jud 1:17 But, beloved, remember ye the words which were spoken before of the apostles of our Lord Jesus Christ;

Jud 1:18 How that they told you there should be mockers in the last time, who should walk after their own ungodly lusts.

Jud 1:19 These be they who separate themselves, sensual, having not the Spirit.

Albuquerque, NM

#467732 Aug 1, 2013
<quoted text>
CALL ME WHAT YOU WILL...
But not to matter...I am whom God says I am..
No - you are what you say you are.

"God" didn't have any say in what you do - "He" gave us free will.

If you continue to say what you do "I am whom God says I am" - you must not have any free will and I highly doubt you will be telling me the truth.
<quoted text>
Question...
WHY IS IT THAT YOU TAKE THE WORD OF ONE MAN (THOMAS) AS WITNESS TO WHAT JESUS SAID..AND DID
You misunderstand. I don't take just the words of one man. I accept them all.....all the Apostles. Unlike you and others, who have taken the choices and decision of men over Jesus' Apostles.
<quoted text>
THERE IS NOT A COURT IN THE LAND THAT WILL CONVICT A MAN AT THE WORD OF ONE WITNESS..
Deu_19:15 One witness shall not rise up against a man for any iniquity, or for any sin, in any sin that he sinneth: at the mouth of two witnesses, or at the mouth of three witnesses, shall the matter be established.
THE BIBLE requires/PROVIDES ...TWO OTHERS ...MATTHEW AND JOHN...THAT
WERE WITH JESUS in his ministry HERE ON EARTH...
THEREFORE IT IS ABSOLUTELY NECESSARY FOR US TO PUT ALL THEIR
ACCOUNTS/what they witnessed... OF WHAT JESUS SAID AND DID)...
together to conclude what is truth.
As I said your understanding is grossly inadequate..
The Bible contains less than six of the original 13 Apostles - and that would be pushing the limit.

What's even more sillier - you'll quote a passage from Deut, but object to stoning homosexuals to death, "God's law" that directs so-called "Christians" to abide by the "truth". Yet you don't.

You are a fraud by your own admission.

Quesnel, Canada

#467733 Aug 1, 2013
<quoted text>
~~~
If it means BEING AN UNBELIEVING INFIDEL such as you are...
Did god tell you to refer to New Age Spiritual Leader as an infidel???

What on earth is god coming to? I hope in order to bolster your pride in your self that he happened to add that YOU are going to be rewarded with sainthood for spotting yet another infidel that will be sure to spend eternity in hell.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Pope Francis Affirms Evolution and Big Bang Theory 54 min Chimney1 282
News What Divides Catholics and Protestants? (Apr '08) 2 hr Catholic24 84,332
News United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) Jul 28 Gee Tee 9,601
News Hispanics energized by Argentinian pope's first... Jul 27 tomin cali 1
News Philippines and Vatican release Pope Francis po... (Mar '14) Jul 26 pazuzu 91
News Pope previews long-awaited climate letter Jul 25 pazuzu 14
News Poll: US views of Francis dim; a plunge in appr... Jul 24 Bug Spray 20
More from around the web