Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

Full story: CBC News

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.
Comments
451,301 - 451,320 of 532,457 Comments Last updated 11 min ago

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 31, 2013

Judged:

hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
You are sealed alright, in your "once saved always saved" (unbiblical) distortion of the truth, with regard to the mis-interpretation of the bible, that has your heart, mind and soul (sealed) and "shackled" in heresy!!!
Beloved, now are we the sons of God, and it doth not yet appear what we shall be: but we know that, when he shall appear, we shall be like him; for we shall see him as he is.

I am a born again son of God. Only a catlick would believe that a son of God would not spend eternity in Heaven.

But the really sad thing is, my bet is that you are not only not a son of God, but have no idea how to become one!!!!!
Clay

Brooklyn, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 31, 2013

Michael wrote:
<quoted text>
Moral authority you say! Your church leaders should take a lesson in "MORAL AUTHORITY"
Pope Benedict emeritus has a boyfriend "boytoy" bishop.
Just google Pope Benedict Gay.....
I don't create the stories, I just report them.
Moral authority EH!(lol)
Ah yes Michael, Thomas, Gary or Corndog lover...'just Google it'. That's where the truth is . Google whatever you want and you'll find something to coincide with your pre-determined truth. lol

“YESHUA IS LORD”

Since: Apr 07

GAWGIA (GEORGIA)

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 31, 2013

SherylReal wrote:
<quoted text>
er..cough..cough! Cause God said He was going to destroy it. Ever read Revelation?
You think God literally dwells on some mountain top?
"This is what the LORD says: "Heaven is my throne, and the earth is my footstool. Where is the house you will build for me? Where will my resting place be?"
Yes I have read Revelation. Not only have I read Revelation but I ACTUALLY UNDERSTAND REVELATION which is more than I can say for many that take a couple of verses and go off half cocked thinking they understand the scriptures.

Read Psalms 132 verse 13....

http://www.theseason.org/psalms/psalms132.htm

This demonstrates where God stated that Mt. Zion is His holy place. CHECKMATE

Have you ever read the verse where it states that God created the earth not in vain but He created it to be inhabited forever?

The world is NOT gonna be destroyed but the age is gonna be destroyed. You guys need to understand a figure of speech when you read it in the Bible good sistah.

Since: Sep 09

Prince George, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 31, 2013

Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
And what is the King James Bible AUTHORIZED version?
Who authorized it?
The same god that authorized the old testament and the new testament.

He's a busy god ... according to all the preachers that can't agree on what god says.

Silly people!

Prince George, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 31, 2013

Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
Where's the Jefferson Bible? And what is the King James Bible AUTHORIZED version?
Who authorized it?
On my book-shelf, with some of my other books.

On the cover it states The Jefferson Bible

The Life and Morals of Jesus of Nazareth

Thomas Jefferson

Introduction by Forrest Church

Afterword by Jaroslav Pelikan

Prince George, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 31, 2013

Thomas Jefferson chose to re-write the bible.

Most people simply pick and choose the scriptures that please them and ignore the ones that could irritate them if they gave them any power.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>

The Jefferson Bible … Thomas Jefferson … Introduction by Forrest Church … Afterword by Jaroslav Pelikan.

Reimarus did not, however, carry out his own reconstruction of “the life and morals of Jesus of Nazareth” by resorting to the draconian measure of expunging from the text what apparently didn’t belong there, so as, in Jefferson’s choice phrase, to separate the “diamonds” from the “dung.”

“Greatest Love”

Since: Aug 08

For His Creation

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 31, 2013

just choose life wrote:
<quoted text>So, if someone posts what you said in another thread, its libel? LOL. Rose, if you can't take the heat, get out of the kitchen. and everyone on this forum, rose will say you are harassing her if you call her out on a huge immoral act, something SHE posted, her opinion, not mine, thank the Lord! Remember, Rose you have harassed me , you intentionally posted to me doing what I told you not to do, and I was very nice about it.
No knit..persnickety ....I did not ..someone else seeing what YOU Saud about a totally other person is,libellous,.

The,Name YOU CALLED ME Hmmmmm ..oh well we,shall see,.

Calling you by your several screen names,..That YOU called yourself ..
And change daily ...it's,to keep everyone straight on who you are ..that's,all ..I do get confused ..

You want to insult another poster from another forum ..IMO..do it there,blaming me because I personally will NOT slander her ..well that is your problem ..
Clay

Brooklyn, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 31, 2013

Judged:

Michael wrote:
<quoted text>
Thanks for noticing! Good to hear from you too NASL. Once in awhile I throw out a different name to see if anyone notices and reads my responses.
Thanks for noticing! I am now back as Michael.
People only notice the different names because you're uniquely an idiot. There could only be one person behind it!
Right? Corndog lover...lol

Face it. Today there was discussion about Child sexual abuse, so your adrenaline began to rush. That's why you tried to masquerade as three different people.... so you could participate in your favorite topic! You got caught..
Clay

Brooklyn, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 31, 2013

June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
On my book-shelf, with some of my other books.
On the cover it states The Jefferson Bible
The Life and Morals of Jesus of Nazareth
Thomas Jefferson
Introduction by Forrest Church
Afterword by Jaroslav Pelikan
Yeah Thomas Jefferson tried to rewrite the word of God. That's not any different then his modern breathern applying their own interpretations to what was already taught .
hojo

Minneapolis, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 31, 2013

Judged:

Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
Beloved, now are we the sons of God, and it doth not yet appear what we shall be: but we know that, when he shall appear, we shall be like him; for we shall see him as he is.
I am a born again son of God. Only a catlick would believe that a son of God would not spend eternity in Heaven.
But the really sad thing is, my bet is that you are not only not a son of God, but have no idea how to become one!!!!!
Your "bible only" judgmental (disoriented beliefs) have no bearing or credibility-----"what-so- ever"----- regarding my personal Salvation and personal relationship with Jesus Christ...... I'll continue to put my faith and trust in Jesus Christ,(as a born again Christian), each day, in and through HIS One True Apostolic Catholic Church and God HIS Father as my "final judge" regarding my own Eternal Redemption and NOT YOU, NOT CONFRINTING or ANY other self-appointed Protestant egotistical judge!!...... Furthermore, only a ---- "born again fundie"---- would falsify and misrepresent the TRUTH of the TRUE interpretation of the bible by "editorializing" Gods original "plan and process" regarding Salvation with this "OSAS" made-up "rif-raf!!!!

Since: Jan 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 31, 2013

LTM wrote:
TwelveTribesofIsraelebible.jpg
Used by permission of eBibleTeacher.com .
< New Testament Israel Map
Free Newsletters
Bible Study Tools Weekly
Today's Bible Reading - NIV
do you know someone by the initials of VB?
Clay

Brooklyn, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 31, 2013

Tony17 wrote:
<quoted text>Yes I have read Revelation. Not only have I read Revelation but I ACTUALLY UNDERSTAND REVELATION which is more than I can say for many that take a couple of verses and go off half cocked thinking they understand the scriptures.
Read Psalms 132 verse 13....
http://www.theseason.org/psalms/psalms132.htm
This demonstrates where God stated that Mt. Zion is His holy place. CHECKMATE
Have you ever read the verse where it states that God created the earth not in vain but He created it to be inhabited forever?
The world is NOT gonna be destroyed but the age is gonna be destroyed. You guys need to understand a figure of speech when you read it in the Bible good sistah.
I don't doubt that you understand the Book of Revelation more so than your Protestant breathern. I think you should give an ear to the Catholic teaching on it. Interpret it like it was meant to be.
I wish I could provide the link on a great presentation from the Catholic perspective I heard. Perhaps tomorrow..
It really is silly how all these different religions popped up as a result of privately interpreting Revelation.

“YESHUA IS LORD”

Since: Apr 07

GAWGIA (GEORGIA)

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 31, 2013

Trying the spirits. If God promised that there would never fail to be a man to sit on the throne of David till He whose right it be to come and take it,WHERE IS THAT THRONE TODAY? It's NOT in Israel the small nation in the ME.

Is there any Christian here that knows where this throne exists today. I seriously doubt it. Either the throne is no longer in existence with someone sitting on it or God lied. Considering that it is IMPOSSIBLE for God to lie,I present to you that the throne of Davis is still in existence today with a descendant of David still on that throne. WHERE IS IT?

Prince George, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 31, 2013

Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah Thomas Jefferson tried to rewrite the word of God. That's not any different then his modern breathern applying their own interpretations to what was already taught .
Thomas Jefferson simply put thoughts of what the words meant to him on paper. Others do it only in their minds.
EXPERT

Redding, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 31, 2013

Tony17 wrote:
Trying the spirits. If God promised that there would never fail to be a man to sit on the throne of David till He whose right it be to come and take it,WHERE IS THAT THRONE TODAY? It's NOT in Israel the small nation in the ME.
Is there any Christian here that knows where this throne exists today. I seriously doubt it. Either the throne is no longer in existence with someone sitting on it or God lied. Considering that it is IMPOSSIBLE for God to lie,I present to you that the throne of Davis is still in existence today with a descendant of David still on that throne. WHERE IS IT?
Ethiopia

Prince George, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 31, 2013

Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't doubt that you understand the Book of Revelation more so than your Protestant breathern. I think you should give an ear to the Catholic teaching on it. Interpret it like it was meant to be.
I wish I could provide the link on a great presentation from the Catholic perspective I heard. Perhaps tomorrow..
It really is silly how all these different religions popped up as a result of privately interpreting Revelation.
Catholics never agreed on the interpretations, and still don't agree. That is why the church split into factions and finally into more factions of Protestantism.

People take their own meanings TO the words and then are certain that the words are speaking to them.

It's all about refection.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 31, 2013

Tony17 wrote:
you are just about as ignorant as Oxbore

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 31, 2013

hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
Your "bible only" judgmental (disoriented beliefs) have no bearing or credibility-----"what-so- ever"----- regarding my personal Salvation and personal relationship with Jesus Christ...... I'll continue to put my faith and trust in Jesus Christ,(as a born again Christian), each day, in and through HIS One True Apostolic Catholic Church and God HIS Father as my "final judge" regarding my own Eternal Redemption and NOT YOU, NOT CONFRINTING or ANY other self-appointed Protestant egotistical judge!!...... Furthermore, only a ---- "born again fundie"---- would falsify and misrepresent the TRUTH of the TRUE interpretation of the bible by "editorializing" Gods original "plan and process" regarding Salvation with this "OSAS" made-up "rif-raf!!!!
Born again Christian will stand on ever roof top and declare their testimony...you ain't got a testimony...because you ain't saved...

Christ did not build a denomination...which is what your cult is...your poop approve bible says so....

“What are you looking at?”

Albuquerque, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 31, 2013

Judged:

ReginaM wrote:
<quoted text>
Not much you don't. You projected your anti-Catholicism onto June and got caught. As for your so-called "facts", only in your (so-called) mind.:)
You're welcome, any time.
Think how you wish too - it seems like these are the only times you are.

:o)

BTW - Self again, huh?

Look within to know yourself. When are you going to wake up?

“What are you looking at?”

Albuquerque, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 31, 2013

June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
After such a lot of words, it shouldn't be a hardship for you to post all that Jesus said that you believe others should follow.
However I don't expect you have a desire to do so, so you will keep on explaining why you don't want to repeat your self.
:)
Since I've named GoThomas multiple times, I would have figured you had caught on to that this gospel is part of that belief.

If one utilizes other texts from the Hag Hammadi Library, you will find other similar beliefs. But you don't want to read them, huh? You'd rather have me state them individually.

For what reason? I don't force you to abide by these philosophies, as you have chosen one that fits you. So be it. In fact, you have also accept many truths in doing so. So be it.

As you can see - thru the postings in this forum - many people don't accept those facts and truths to be factual or truthful. SO be it.

My point is - it doesn't make them wrong to do so, but it does make them look silly for doing so. Is being silly wrong? I don't think so.

Is believing lies wrong? I don't think there is a crime against it, but it does show how gullible people are, by NOT researching things first.

:o)

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Search the Pope Benedict XVI Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
More 57 min True Christian witness 2
Greek Orthodox church in Gaza shelters Muslims ... 1 hr Abdurratln 2
St. Peter's overflows for historic day of 4 popes 1 hr ELIAS IBARRA 41
United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) 19 hr Scales Off 8,120
In Manila, Catholics pray for smooth succession (Mar '13) Mon Anonymous 102
Serbian patriarch reportedly opposed to canoniz... Mon Marko 3
Newlywed El Pasoan meets Pope Francis Jul 18 Imperial Chicano 6
•••
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••