Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

Full story: CBC News

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.
Comments
450,941 - 450,960 of 539,564 Comments Last updated 11 min ago

Since: Sep 09

Quesnel, Canada

#467280 Jul 30, 2013
New Age Spiritual Leader wrote:
<quoted text>
I wonder what changed the mind of religionists to show them that they cannot just burn people to death anymore.
I betcha that they were bummed out - just a wee bit!
:o)
So Catholics and Prtestants, why are we not still seeing people burned and tortured anymore? Did your religion change its view on heresy?
Theologians wrote from their cruel own assessments what a god wanted them to do to other people ... and they followed those words to a T.

Now Christians want to pretend those words don't exist and that a god never commanded the killing of others.

They lie through their teeth.
Cracker

Tempe, AZ

#467281 Jul 30, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Why people even desire to belong to religious groups that teach such horrible dogmas is beyond me.
I was under the spell of religion for most of my life, but I created a belief of my own that the one god loved everybody without conditions put upon the love.
At least I wasn't trying to grab all the supposed love for my self while claiming that others deserved to spend eternity in hell.
Religion is BUNK!
"THE SPELL OF RELIGION" Exactly!

Quesnel, Canada

#467282 Jul 30, 2013
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
Just as I thought....you have no testimony...because you are not saved.
AHEM ... excuse me ... but is "god" not supposed to judge who is and who is not saved???

It seems that you have tripped over your own judgment on the way to wait for god to judge.

:)

Quesnel, Canada

#467283 Jul 30, 2013
Cracker wrote:
<quoted text>"WHO AM I TO JUDGE" said the pope yesterday.
He's busy judging that Jesus now loves everybody.

Quesnel, Canada

#467284 Jul 30, 2013
Cracker wrote:
<quoted text>Trust but verify. How convenient we can't verify.
Cracker

Tempe, AZ

#467285 Jul 30, 2013
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
And whosoever shall speak a word against the Son of man, it shall be forgiven him: but unto him that blasphemeth against the Holy Ghost it shall not be forgiven.
blasphemeth: to vilify; specially, to speak impiously:--(speak) blaspheme(-er,-mously,-my), defame, rail on, revile, speak evil.
I have yet to find an avowed atheist willing, with complete certainty, to seal his fate for all of eternity......would you want to have a go at it?????
By all means, please take my presence here as gospel that I am committing blasphemeth against yours or any other God. Now does that mean I must be killed for it? Am I to suffer for all eternity? Is that righteousness? Is that mercy? Is that love?
Is that how your all powerful and everliving god delivers his message?

Or for my sins is he going to create another holocaust. He is the creator after all.

“What are you looking at?”

Since: Jan 08

Albuquerque, NM

#467286 Jul 30, 2013
Cracker wrote:
<quoted text>"WHO AM I TO JUDGE" said the pope yesterday. How convenient in this time of changing societal values to follow the mainstream and ignore previous church teachings.
Like I said earlier, membership in the church is falling,(i.e. donations), so you have to go with the flow during these times to survive.
Considering - per Anthony and Clay - "the Pope is infallible", so his teachings are not in error.

Quesnel, Canada

#467287 Jul 30, 2013
Let's recap - as you seem to be losing focus again.
June VanDerMark wrote:
I don't follow your teaching that self is the answer ... as self might perceive it's self as brilliant ... yet be totally loony tunes.
New Age wrote:
No problem, you aren't required to.
So what would you attribute to arriving at an answer?
Since you don't believe in the Self, then please remove "free will" from the list of answers, or any other aspect of your character that has to do with free will.
Thanks!
<quoted text>
"Answer to WHAT??"
- Your statement to me involves a conclusion you made. How did you come to that conclusion?
My conclusion is that your opinions or my opinions of what self should be, are of no value to others unless others agree with those opinions.

So when you keep posting the word self ... I don't know what you believe that accomplishes other than to cause more confusion.

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#467288 Jul 30, 2013
hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
I have "no intention" of playing your (once saved-always saved) bible only Protestant "game" of questions and more questions. The only reason you came on this forum Oxbow is "for one purpose" and one purpose ONLY!! To attack, condemn and rip" Jesus Christ and 2000 years of His historically and biblically PROVEN One TRUE Apostolic Catholic Church. I have seen how you "fundies" (con) Anthony, Clay, Regina and other Catholics into your "Protestant (anti-catholic) "loaded question" game using a "bunch" of mis-interpreted (personal opinionated bible verse (answers) to spread your "false and distorted" anti-catholic rif-raf on nonsense!! Go ask your questions to the rest of your 42,000 contradicting and inconsistent other bible only "fundies" and argue, debate and rip each others "relative truth" beliefs.... I/we as Catholics will "continue" to remain with the AUTHORITATIVE and PROVEN TRUTH, believing, worshipping and adhering to the TRUTH of Jesus Christ's One True Catholic Church at Daily Mass, the TRUE INTERPRETATION of the Bible, the Eucharist (Our Lords TRUE body and blood) and the other Sacraments, as billions and billions of Catholics have done (and are still doing) for over 2000 years. You, my friend, can do what you want!!!
Drinking and Praying: Proposal Could Tip Irish Priests Over Legal Limit

Both the Republic of Ireland and Northern Ireland want to lower the legal blood alcohol level for drivers. Priests are afraid it might affect their ability to motor around after Mass.

Bad Blood: Priests in Ireland are concerned that lowering the legal drinking level for drivers might leave them stranded after Mass.

The job description for a Catholic priest doesn't include a lot of perks -- perhaps one reason that their numbers are shrinking rapidly across the Western world. In Ireland, though, the gig might be further complicated by a new proposal to lower the legal blood alcohol limit for drivers. Priests there are speaking out against the proposal because it could render them legally drunk after performing Mass.

Why is it that you are drinking the actual blood of Christ....and the priests in Ireland are not... they are drinking wine that could get them arrested for DUI???!!!!!

Aunt refused to answer that question....you want to have a go at it????

Albuquerque, NM

#467289 Jul 30, 2013
Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
People who commit crimes or offenses against humanity are not automatically excommunicated, Ro.
Church teaching never required killing anyone. Did people do it? Yes, but not in accord with Church doctrine or dogma. They rationalized their actions via the Church. Bad actors.
The Church is made up of the people who commanded the killings.

Please stop twisting history to be a flavor that sits well on the palette.

It really shows how ignorant you really are to your organization's history.

Albuquerque, NM

#467290 Jul 30, 2013
Oxbow wrote:

God created Adam and Eve...A man and a woman...there is no "homosexual" gender. There are heterosexuals who, by their choice, perform sexual deviate acts...that is whom God gave up to a reprobate mine.....
Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
Homosexual is not a gender.
Do you repeat and agree with what the poster originally stated, in order to stay focussed or to avoid further posts?
marge

Ames, IA

#467292 Jul 30, 2013
Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
No.
God made people who are homosexual. That orientation is not "reprobate" nor are those who possess that orientation.
You equate 'God gave them over to a reprobate mind', to 'making them homosexual',etc?

So God made them sin?

"God gave them over to a reprobate mind, to do those things which are not convenient; 29Being filled with all unrighteousness, fornication, wickedness, covetousness, maliciousness; full of envy, murder, debate, deceit, malignity; whisperers, 30Backbiters, haters of God, despiteful, proud, boasters, inventors of evil things, disobedient to parents, 31Without understanding, covenantbreakers, without natural affection, implacable, unmerciful: 32Who knowing the judgment of God, that they which commit such things are worthy of death, not only do the same, but have pleasure in them that do them."
Cracker

Tempe, AZ

#467293 Jul 30, 2013
<quoted text>
Considering - per Anthony and Clay - "the Pope is infallible", so his teachings are not in error.
I prefer to think of the popes teachings as marketing.

Location hidden

#467294 Jul 30, 2013
Cracker wrote:
<quoted text>By all means, please take my presence here as gospel that I am committing blasphemeth against yours or any other God. Now does that mean I must be killed for it? Am I to suffer for all eternity? Is that righteousness? Is that mercy? Is that love?
Is that how your all powerful and everliving god delivers his message?
Or for my sins is he going to create another holocaust. He is the creator after all.
Last call...I repeat:

And whosoever shall speak a word against the Son of man, it shall be forgiven him: but unto him that blasphemeth against the Holy Ghost it shall not be forgiven.
blasphemeth: to vilify; specially, to speak impiously:--(speak) blaspheme(-er,-mously,-my), defame, rail on, revile, speak evil.

I have yet to find an avowed atheist willing, with complete certainty, to seal his fate for all of eternity......would you want to have a go at it?????

Quesnel, Canada

#467295 Jul 30, 2013
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
Drinking and Praying: Proposal Could Tip Irish Priests Over Legal Limit
Germany's top Protestant bishop faces DUI charges

Margot Kässmann, the head of the Evangelical Church in Germany and the country's most senior Protestant minister, faces DUI charges for allegedly registering three times over the legal limit for alcohol, the German media report.

http://content.usatoday.com/communities/ondea...

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

"ISA 55:11--"MATT 10:27"

#467296 Jul 30, 2013
hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
I have "no intention" of playing your (once saved-always saved) bible only Protestant "game" of questions and more questions. The only reason you came on this forum Oxbow is "for one purpose" and one purpose ONLY!! To attack, condemn and rip" Jesus Christ and 2000 years of His historically and biblically PROVEN One TRUE Apostolic Catholic Church. I have seen how you "fundies" (con) Anthony, Clay, Regina and other Catholics into your "Protestant (anti-catholic) "loaded question" game using a "bunch" of mis-interpreted (personal opinionated bible verse (answers) to spread your "false and distorted" anti-catholic rif-raf on nonsense!! Go ask your questions to the rest of your 42,000 contradicting and inconsistent other bible only "fundies" and argue, debate and rip each others "relative truth" beliefs.... I/we as Catholics will "continue" to remain with the AUTHORITATIVE and PROVEN TRUTH, believing, worshipping and adhering to the TRUTH of Jesus Christ's One True Catholic Church at Daily Mass, the TRUE INTERPRETATION of the Bible, the Eucharist (Our Lords TRUE body and blood) and the other Sacraments, as billions and billions of Catholics have done (and are still doing) for over 2000 years. You, my friend, can do what you want!!!
~~~
You wrote

"we as Catholics will "continue" to remain with the AUTHORITATIVE and PROVEN TRUTH, believing, worshipping and adhering to the TRUTH of Jesus Christ's One True Catholic Church .."

If the Roman Catholic Church is the only AUTHORITATIVE and PROVEN TRUTH, believing, worshipping and adhering to the TRUTH of Jesus Christ's ....One True Catholic Church..

The whole earth is going to hell in a hand basket.

Jesus might as well not have died, and Heaven will have very

few occupants..

The Bible says

Rev_21:27 And there shall in no wise enter into it any thing that defileth, neither whatsoever worketh abomination, or maketh a lie: but they which are written in the Lamb's book of life.

Rev_22:15 For without are dogs, and sorcerers, and whoremongers, and murderers, and idolaters, and whosoever loveth and maketh a lie.

according to the above scripture

THE ROMAN CATHOLIC (so called )

CHURCH JUST DOES NOT QUALIFY.....

I DID NOT MAKE THE RULES...GOD DID

AND NEITHER OF US CAN CHANGE THEM...

Albuquerque, NM

#467297 Jul 30, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Theologians wrote from their cruel own assessments what a god wanted them to do to other people ... and they followed those words to a T.
Now Christians want to pretend those words don't exist and that a god never commanded the killing of others.
They lie through their teeth.
Lying is part of Christendom.

a. They refuse to accept all of what Jesus taught, yet claim they are in the "fullness of Jesus". They lie.

b. They exclaim the Bible is true in all regards, but we can blatantly see that some of the Bible is not, as they refuse to acknowledge certain "laws" within the Bible are invalid, so they lie about it and avoid those texts altogether, so they don't have to continue to lie about the passages.

Just ask any so-called "Christian" this question:
- Is the Bible true and without error?

Quesnel, Canada

#467298 Jul 30, 2013
Cracker wrote:
<quoted text>I prefer to think of the popes teachings as marketing.
Of course! They are marketing invisibility.

Location hidden

#467299 Jul 30, 2013
Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
Homosexual is not a gender.
Ain't that what ah said????
marge

Ames, IA

#467300 Jul 30, 2013
Cracker wrote:
<quoted text>"WHO AM I TO JUDGE" said the pope yesterday.

How easy to be a so-called subreme leader on faith and morals when he does not judge right from wrong? Unbelievable.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Vatican nuncio criticizes Castro regime in Cuba 14 hr WE JUST DONT CARE 6
Christian leaders call for end to US strikes in... 14 hr James 6
Catholic archbishop in Cuba criticizes government 15 hr L I G E R 49 7
St. Peter's overflows for historic day of 4 popes Aug 30 ELIAS IBARRA 47
United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) Aug 28 Maverick 8,274
Filipino Catholics hails new saints Aug 28 ELIAS IBARRA 45
Agenda for Pope's apostolic visit to Sri Lanka ... Aug 27 Ponniah 1
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••

Pope Benedict XVI People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••