Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 670661 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

Since: Sep 09

Quesnel, Canada

#467562 Jul 31, 2013
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
I sleep well...am content...have absolute peace of mind...because I am sealed unto the day of redemption.
From my perspective anyone who believes others will suffer eternity in hell doesn't deserve to be at ease with his/her own conscience.

There's something very nasty, imbalanced and off-putting about such a religion.

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#467563 Jul 31, 2013
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
I know what the Church teaches about salvation, that's not at issue. Your fellow protestants say Catholics aren't saved, but can't or won't say what they've done for their salvation that every Catholic hasn't done. I'll give you another chance.
Then from the catlick encylcopee-pee and Scripture you quoted, you do know that you are not saved...

We are discussing your lack of salvation, not what my fellow protestants say about catlicks..

I offered to share my testimony, again, if you you would do the same. Your "testimony" clearly shows you are not saved...so you have nothing to share.

Which brings up the question: What must happen for your "shall be" saved to be "am saved"????

Quesnel, Canada

#467564 Jul 31, 2013
Georges Minois … History of Suicide … Voluntary Death in Western Culture … Translated by Lydia G. Cochrane. First published in 1995.

Scholars today investigate all domains of human experience: Should not everything that has shaped humankind be studied without prejudice or taboo?

Quesnel, Canada

#467565 Jul 31, 2013
To say that a person is evil is an eradication of having to think about it.

Author unknown

Location hidden

#467566 Jul 31, 2013
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
The operative part of this verse is what happens when you do what it says your should do. I've done it. I'm saved according to SBC rules.
You are grasping at straws..."shalt be saved" does not mean "you are saved" nor "I am saved"....

The really sad thing here is, you have no idea what must happen for you to go from "shall be saved" to "am saved"!!!!!

Quesnel, Canada

#467567 Jul 31, 2013
To commit suicide while being shot defending against the church's supposed enemies was to be a saint, a martyr and to be very pleasing to the holy god.

Nasty teaching in deed!
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>

Georges Minois … History of Suicide … Voluntary Death in Western Culture … Translated by Lydia G. Cochrane. First published in 1995.

From remotest antiquity to today, some men and women have chosen death. Society has never been indifferent to that choice. On rare occasions acclaimed as an act of heroism, suicide has more often been subject to social reprobation because it was considered an insult to God, who gave us life, and to society, which provides for the well-being of its members. Refusing God’s gift and the company of our fellows at the banquet of life is a dual offense that the agents of religion, who dispense divine largesse, and those of politics, who organize the social banquet, find intolerable.

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

#467568 Jul 31, 2013
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, most of them are, and just like in Orthodoxy there are some who use bad judgement. And if you insist on inserting yourself into this I will.
Post all the Orthodox Bishops that you want.That is probably the weakest of all defenses or argument one can respond to. It compares to, if you say something I disagree with I will hurt you or someone you love.Having admitted and conceded there is abuse in the Orthodox Church and every church,to list the abusers in inane, empty,

Dust Storm tries to belittle, abuse, and hurt emotionally.You are cool with that.

Zorba (the Greek)says:
Listen, little one: neither the seven stories of heaven nor the seven stories of the earth are enough to contain God; but a man's heart can contain him. So be very careful, Alexis — and may my blessing go with you — never to wound a man's heart!

As for you, you just play little games throwing in a line or two about Orthodoxy.

Im in it. Im all in it.Go crazy. List everyone.

You see I have done abuse investigations of institutions.My experience tells me that sexual abuse does not pervade all areas of the Catholic Church, but its more than an abuse issue. It is a hierarchic, monarchic,management style, cultural issue.The Catholic Church is not alone.But writing policy is not the answer.The problem is not everywhere in the church. ut find out where it is and look not just at the abuse but the hierarchy- uo the management structure.

Quesnel, Canada

#467569 Jul 31, 2013
Vincenzo was a Jesuit.
>>>>>>> >>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>

As a general principle, it is never permissible to kill oneself, except as a divine command.

Vincenzo Filliucci (Fillucius) Moralium quaestionum (1626)
Anthony MN

Minneapolis, MN

#467570 Jul 31, 2013
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
Then from the catlick encylcopee-pee and Scripture you quoted, you do know that you are not saved...
We are discussing your lack of salvation, not what my fellow protestants say about catlicks..
I offered to share my testimony, again, if you you would do the same. Your "testimony" clearly shows you are not saved...so you have nothing to share.
Which brings up the question: What must happen for your "shall be" saved to be "am saved"????
I am saved according to SBC rules because I confessed and believed per Rom. 10:9, I accepted Christ as my Saviour, know that it's only through His sacrifice on the cross that I am redeemed, etc., etc.

The problem is you guys say it's one thing and then when asked to define that one thing is you're sucking wind.

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

"ISA 53:1.--6 "MATT 10:27"

#467571 Jul 31, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
You are a cold hearted beast in the guise of a god!
One of my Mennonite neighbors (a wonderful kind, hard-working man) who suffered from years of depression recently ended his own life because he could bear no more emotional pain.
You seem to believe that your harsh judgment that you claim comes from a god is helping others ... but I believe you are on a path of self-grandiose illusion that actually causes harm to others.
YOU OF ALL THOSE HERE IN THIS FORM ..THAT CONTINUALLY SPEW OUT HARSH JUDGMENT.

WOULD POST...

but I believe you are on a path of self-grandiose illusion that actually causes harm to others.

LOOK.. I have been there...

I live daily under the sorrow disappointment and grief of one that was found hanged,

whether by his choice or by homicide I will only find out in eternity.

HIS DEATH WAS NEVER INVESTIGATED BY THE POLICE DEPT.

THEY WERE TOO BUSY..AND THERE HAS BEEN NO CLOSURE..FOR EITHER MY WIFE AND I OR THE REST OF OUR FAMILY..

Location hidden

#467572 Jul 31, 2013
confrinting with the word wrote:
<quoted text>
~~~
Rom_1:28 And even as they did not like to retain God in their knowledge, God gave them over to a 1.--> reprobate <-- 2.---> mind,<--- to do those things which are not convenient;
Tit_1:16 They profess that they know God; but in works they deny him, being abominable, and disobedient, and unto every good work -->reprobate. <--
1.-->Reprobate <--DEFINED IN GREEK
G96
&#945;&#787;&#948; &#959;&#769;&#954; &#953;&#956;&#959; &#962;
adokimos
ad-ok'-ee-mos
From G1 (as a negative particle) and G1384; unapproved, that is, rejected; by implication worthless (literally or morally):- castaway, rejected, reprobate.
2.--->MIND<--- DEFINED IN GREEK
G3563
&#957;&#959;&#965; &#834;&#962;
nous
nooce
Probably from the base of G1097; the intellect, that is, mind (divine or human; in thought, feeling, or will); by implication meaning:- mind, understanding. Compare G5590.
So now we know you have access to a Greek lexicon...

An unapproved, rejected; by implication worthless (literally or morally), castaway, mind is one that views Scripture as Tony does...as crap...
Anthony MN

Minneapolis, MN

#467573 Jul 31, 2013
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
You are grasping at straws..."shalt be saved" does not mean "you are saved" nor "I am saved"....
The really sad thing here is, you have no idea what must happen for you to go from "shall be saved" to "am saved"!!!!!
Not grasping at all. I've done evertything the SBC says I should do. Here's what the SBC says:

Are you ready to accept the gift of eternal life that Jesus is offering you right now? Let's review what this commitment involves:

I acknowledge I am a sinner in need of a Savior - this is to repent or turn away from sin

I believe in my heart that God raised Jesus from the dead - this is to trust that Jesus paid the full penalty for my sins

I confess Jesus as my Lord and my God - this is to surrender control of my life to Jesus

I receive Jesus as my Savior forever - this is to accept that God has done for me and in me what He promised

Are they missing anything?

“GOD SO LOVED US”

Since: Aug 08

He Gave His SON,JESUS Christ

#467574 Jul 31, 2013
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
I know what the Church teaches about salvation, that's not at issue. Your fellow protestants say Catholics aren't saved, but can't or won't say what they've done for their salvation that every Catholic hasn't done. I'll give you another chance.
I dont think that at all..

If you have acceoted Jesus a Saviuir..repented..put your sins at FOOT OF THE CROSS..TO GOD .

CONFESSED Him alone as,Lord..and that He suffered died..was buried..Rose..NOT JUST AS A ROTE PRAYER..BUT in your heart abd Spirit

Invited Him in as Saviour..again fro. The heart .

It is an individual gift ..Grace gives us FAITH ..which we need for all of the above.

Its between you and Jesus.

The thing we brlieve. Is that it has very little or NOTHING to do eith the CHURCH and see some Catholics,..such as those you mentioned..putting the CHURCH ABOVE GOD .

I believe the Dpirit calls us to SALVATION where He finds,us When He calls .

It did not hapoen to me..when I recievrd the sacrsments..though I was taught of course that was,what I needed. IT WAS NOT THE FAULT OF THE CC.

I was lacking

Though Inadmit things,I have kearned as an adult about CChistory snd thus current mess threw me ..but agsin not responsible for my lacking

The emotiness in me..from losing my father and other bad things thst happened as a teen ..looking for happiness ..fulfillmrnt

Only a mimicry of What the SPIRIT can do

When the SPIRIT CALL S and you answer it does not make life oerfect.
BUT IT DOES FILL THE EMPTINESS ..and bring youvcloser to Him than any sacrament .

I guess youd call it the ULTIMATE SACRAMENT given by the ONE WHO MADE THE ULTIMATE SACRIFICE .

and who am I that He should do it FOR ME,..and anyone
youtubeNews

AOL

#467575 Jul 31, 2013

ISRAEL to give POPE "Custody" of Temple Mount --

http://youtu.be/Qt9kEQB4ti8

“What are you looking at?”

Since: Jan 08

Albuquerque, NM

#467576 Jul 31, 2013
New Age Spiritual Leader wrote:

Putting the blame on the "devil" still doesn't resolve why "God" didn't get involved.
Unless you think that "God" is not as powerful as the "devil". Do you?
GiF - your redirection of blame is a comman tactic with so-called "Christians". Always thinking that "God" is great and good, yet, for some reason, "He" won't step into the mix to stop all that is bad or evil from even happening, and because of this, "Christians" then place the blame squarely upon another unproven entity, just because you can't fathom, that your "God" can't do anything.
Yep - you must think the "devil" is more powerful.
It's got to be, as there is no otehr explanation I can think of.
<quoted text>
~~~~
Mat_4:4 But he/JESUS answered and said, It is written, Man shall not live by bread alone, but by every word that proceedeth out of the mouth of God.
Mat_4:7 Jesus said unto him, It is written again, Thou shalt not tempt the Lord thy God.
Mat_4:10 Then saith Jesus unto him, Get thee hence, Satan: for it is written,
Thou shalt worship the Lord thy God, and him only shalt thou serve.
These verses didn't answer the question I asked you.

Let me ask it again, so it is clear....

"Do you think that "God" is not as powerful as the "devil". Do you?"

It is quite a simple question to answer. You don't have to divert GiF. But since you did, it tells me that you don't think "God" is more powerful than the "devil" - thus your adversion to post your response.

Typical.

Location hidden

#467577 Jul 31, 2013
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
I am saved according to SBC rules because I confessed and believed per Rom. 10:9, I accepted Christ as my Saviour, know that it's only through His sacrifice on the cross that I am redeemed, etc., etc.
The problem is you guys say it's one thing and then when asked to define that one thing is you're sucking wind.
Ro 10:9 That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved.

"shall be saved" is not "is saved"...it ain't a done deal..

The question remains: How do you go from "shall be saved" to "am saved"??????

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

"ISA 53:1.--6 "MATT 10:27"

#467578 Jul 31, 2013
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
Not grasping at all. I've done evertything the SBC says I should do. Here's what the SBC says:
Are you ready to accept the gift of eternal life that Jesus is offering you right now? Let's review what this commitment involves:
I acknowledge I am a sinner in need of a Savior - this is to repent or turn away from sin
I believe in my heart that God raised Jesus from the dead - this is to trust that Jesus paid the full penalty for my sins
I confess Jesus as my Lord and my God - this is to surrender control of my life to Jesus
I receive Jesus as my Savior forever - this is to accept that God has done for me and in me what He promised
~~~
THE NEXT STEP IS TO BE BAPTIZED ..SUBMERGED IN WATER...

THEN OBEY GOD'S WORD..

Rom 12:1 I beseech you therefore, brethren, by the mercies of God, that ye present your bodies a living sacrifice, holy, acceptable unto God, which is your reasonable service.

Rom 12:2 And be not conformed to this world: but be ye transformed by the renewing of your mind, that ye may prove what is that good, and acceptable, and perfect, will of God.

Location hidden

#467579 Jul 31, 2013
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
I dont think that at all..
If you have acceoted Jesus a Saviuir..repented..put your sins at FOOT OF THE CROSS..TO GOD .
CONFESSED Him alone as,Lord..and that He suffered died..was buried..Rose..NOT JUST AS A ROTE PRAYER..BUT in your heart abd Spirit
Invited Him in as Saviour..again fro. The heart .
It is an individual gift ..Grace gives us FAITH ..which we need for all of the above.
Its between you and Jesus.
The thing we brlieve. Is that it has very little or NOTHING to do eith the CHURCH and see some Catholics,..such as those you mentioned..putting the CHURCH ABOVE GOD .
I believe the Dpirit calls us to SALVATION where He finds,us When He calls .
It did not hapoen to me..when I recievrd the sacrsments..though I was taught of course that was,what I needed. IT WAS NOT THE FAULT OF THE CC.
I was lacking
Though Inadmit things,I have kearned as an adult about CChistory snd thus current mess threw me ..but agsin not responsible for my lacking
The emotiness in me..from losing my father and other bad things thst happened as a teen ..looking for happiness ..fulfillmrnt
Only a mimicry of What the SPIRIT can do
When the SPIRIT CALL S and you answer it does not make life oerfect.
BUT IT DOES FILL THE EMPTINESS ..and bring youvcloser to Him than any sacrament .
I guess youd call it the ULTIMATE SACRAMENT given by the ONE WHO MADE THE ULTIMATE SACRIFICE .
and who am I that He should do it FOR ME,..and anyone
Do you have any idea what Christ said must, absolutely, without any doubt whatever, no exceptions, happen for you to enter into Heaven?????

“GOD SO LOVED US”

Since: Aug 08

He Gave His SON,JESUS Christ

#467580 Jul 31, 2013
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
it Is totally between you and Jesus..

I have no idea what Ox is looking fir in your answer ..Its your heart ..your Spirit..and if your Spirit is,filled with HIS,Spirit you know it .
Sounds to.me ..you do ..but then its,ONLY JESUS ..in YOU that matters

No CHURCH or even sacrament can do that ,

I used to pray to REALLY LOVE HIM .even after Communion .

NOW I do

Not the CC or Ox ..they have Nothing to do with it ..they are NOT JESUS..you answer to Him as do they ..

My belief for what it is,worth.. go with God in peace

“What are you looking at?”

Since: Jan 08

Albuquerque, NM

#467581 Jul 31, 2013
<quoted text>
~~~
You wrote
Yep - you must think the "devil" is more powerful.
It's got to be, as there is no other explanation I can think of.
I DON'T HAVE TO...TO DEFEND GOD
He is well capable OF DEFENDING HIMSELF...
The devil (lucifer) is nothing but a fallen angel
Isa 14:12 How art thou fallen from heaven, O Lucifer, son of the morning! how art thou cut down to the ground, which didst weaken the nations!
Isa 14:13 For thou hast said in thine heart, I will ascend into heaven, I will exalt my throne above the stars of God: I will sit also upon the mount of the congregation, in the sides of the north:
Isa 14:14 I will ascend above the heights of the clouds; I will be like the most High.
Isa 14:15 Yet thou shalt be brought down to hell, to the sides of the pit.
Isa 14:16 They that see thee shall narrowly look upon thee, and consider thee, saying, Is this the man that made the earth to tremble, that did shake kingdoms;
Isa 14:17 That made the world as a wilderness, and destroyed the cities thereof; that opened not the house of his prisoners?
Isa 14:18 All the kings of the nations, even all of them, lie in glory, every one in his own house.
Isa 14:19 But thou art cast out of thy grave like an abominable branch, and as the raiment of those that are slain, thrust through with a sword, that go down to the stones of the pit; as a carcase trodden under feet.
Isa 14:20 Thou shalt not be joined with them in burial, because thou hast destroyed thy land, and slain thy people: the seed of evildoers shall never be renowned.
NOTE THE ULTIMATE FUTURE OF THOSE THAT ARE THE CHILDREN OF THE DEVIL
Isa 14:21 Prepare slaughter for his children for the iniquity of their fathers; that they do not rise, nor possess the land, nor fill the face of the world with cities.
JESUS SAID TO THOSE SUCH AS YOURSELF....
Joh_8:44 Ye are of your father the devil, and the lusts of your father ye will do. He was a murderer from the beginning, and abode not in the truth, because there is no truth in him. When he speaketh a lie, he speaketh of his own: for he is a liar, and the father of it.
JESUS HAS GIVEN YOU THE CHOICE OF CHANGING YOU DESTINY ...
Mat 11:25 At that time Jesus answered and said, I thank thee, O Father, Lord of heaven and earth, because thou hast hid these things from the wise and prudent, and hast revealed them unto babes.
Mat 11:26 Even so, Father: for so it seemed good in thy sight.
Mat 11:27 All things are delivered unto me of my Father: and no man knoweth the Son, but the Father; neither knoweth any man the Father, save the Son, and he to whomsoever the Son will reveal him.
Mat 11:28 Come unto me, all ye that labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest.
Mat 11:29 Take my yoke upon you, and learn of me; for I am meek and lowly in heart: and ye shall find rest unto your souls.
Mat 11:30 For my yoke is easy, and my burden is light.
YOUR CHOICE...
I haven't asked you to defend "God", I asked why didn't he interfere, if you, a human, have claimed that the "Devil" was involved - I didn't bring this entity into the story - you did.

I asked why did "God" allow this to occur, and if "God" is so "powerful and loving", IMO - "God" was no where to be found.

So you automatically blamed the "Devil" when there is no proof of such entity was involved.

"The Devil made me do it." - Yeah - yeah - that old adage is becoming more and more known, even though "the Devil" has never been proven to exist. But for you so-called "Christians", blaming him is your way out of taking responsibility, being truthful, or just plain being honest.

Don't load your crap onto my barge GiF - be a man and step up tot he plate and be honest.

This much is true. I will never step into any place that you are preaching to. Why you ask? Because you can't even tell me the truth here in a public forum. Why would anyone believe and expect that you would do differently elsewhere?

What a fraud and coward.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) 14 hr Married in 10,420
News Pope discusses climate, immigrants in historic ... (Sep '15) Feb 22 WelbyMD 47
News Where Is the Place for Devout Gay Families in t... (Oct '15) Feb 17 True Christian wi... 49
News Vatican will finance adult stem cell research (Apr '10) Feb 12 Pessimistic1 29
News Prayers To Mother Mary 'Cured Lung Cancer' (Jan '10) Feb 11 Phart Girlishly 323
News Pope sings on CD for charity (Dec '09) Feb 11 Phart Musically 31
News Woman Knocks Over Pope Benedict XVI At Christma... (Dec '09) Feb 11 Phart Athletically 165
More from around the web