Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 590362 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#467299 Jul 30, 2013
Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
Homosexual is not a gender.
Ain't that what ah said????
marge

Ames, IA

#467300 Jul 30, 2013
Cracker wrote:
<quoted text>"WHO AM I TO JUDGE" said the pope yesterday.

How easy to be a so-called subreme leader on faith and morals when he does not judge right from wrong? Unbelievable.

“GOD SO LOVED US”

Since: Aug 08

He Gave His SON to Save us

#467301 Jul 30, 2013
Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
People who commit crimes or offenses against humanity are not automatically excommunicated, Ro.
Church teaching never required killing anyone. Did people do it? Yes, but not in accord with Church doctrine or dogma. They rationalized their actions via the Church. Bad actors.
Ok ..But if THEY used the Church as their banner ..saying THEY were routing out heresy...WOULD that nit be heresy .

Would monarchs in Spain or England or clergy have continued if These with excommunication.

If the hierarehy of the CHURCH WAS INDEED AGAINST killing in the Churches and God's name ..heresy imo....as,murder is a sin .

WOUld not the CHURCH have saved many many lives had Rome intervened.

The Vatican was not at all shy in making its wishes known..And they COUld have stopped all that killing with one true warning or excommunication.

Killing in God's name to me is NOT just a sin but blasphemes His Holy Name .

The CHURCH ..Vatican excommunicated Henry fir divorce ..But nit Mary or the Spaniards for torture and killing in God's name.

Sorry but it gives the appearance THat these monad c us and clergy were acting with CHURCH approval

Since: Sep 09

Quesnel, Canada

#467302 Jul 30, 2013
marge wrote:
<quoted text>
You equate 'God gave them over to a reprobate mind', to 'making them homosexual',etc?
I suggest that your heterosexual mind is reprobate because you were stupid enough to believe such nonsense.

Approximately 15 hundred and maybe more non-human animals are homosexual. If a god hated homosexuality ... he sure didn't SHOW it!

Religion is BUNK!

“What are you looking at?”

Since: Jan 08

Albuquerque, NM

#467303 Jul 30, 2013
Oxbow wrote:

Just as I thought....you have no testimony...because you are not saved.
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
AHEM ... excuse me ... but is "god" not supposed to judge who is and who is not saved???
It seems that you have tripped over your own judgment on the way to wait for god to judge.
:)
You will notice that only Protestants say this. ANd when you ask a Catholic, they say (paraphrased) "the just don't know"......and.....some Catholics will add the disclaimer of "Only God knows, but if you are not part of the Church, it is unknown that the person will be saved."

The twists and turns of Christianity - one must be part of teh clique in order to get some of the "snacks that are in the conference room".

Quesnel, Canada

#467304 Jul 30, 2013
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
Last call...I repeat:
:)
marge

Ames, IA

#467305 Jul 30, 2013
Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
No.
God made people who are homosexual. That orientation is not "reprobate" nor are those who possess that orientation.
Romans 1:24

Therefore God gave them over in the sinful desires of their hearts to sexual impurity for the degrading of their bodies with one another.

Quesnel, Canada

#467306 Jul 30, 2013
marge wrote:
Cracker wrote:
<quoted text>"WHO AM I TO JUDGE" said the pope yesterday.
How easy to be a so-called subreme leader on faith and morals when he does not judge right from wrong? Unbelievable.
And YOU are the elite of RIGHT while everybody who disagrees with you is wrong ... did I get that right???

Silly people ... full of self-anointing!

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#467307 Jul 30, 2013
Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
The term "child sexual abuse" occurs on the site so frequently as to lose count.
Assuming the SBC doesn't ordain children to the ministry, we can conclude that we're dealing with pedophiles.
How's that shoe tasting?
Last call.....heterosexuals have been known to have sex with the opposite sex that are not legally an adult....that makes not a pedophile.....

I find no site on the net that speaks of pedophile SBC Pastors...but, I found sites that reported 7095 pedophile Catlick priests!!!!

Quesnel, Canada

#467308 Jul 30, 2013
With all of these spiritual leaders paving the way for us, we should never be lost.

The problem is ... which one are we to follow?

Can't ya hear them now as they state in all feigned humility .... "ME ... follow MEEEEEEE and I will lead you HOME to eternal bliss!"

Ridiculous!

Quesnel, Canada

#467309 Jul 30, 2013
One woman who believed marital bliss was until death would they part admitted that she married a couch potato.

Except for some swear words, she never mentioned a god.

Quesnel, Canada

#467310 Jul 30, 2013
marge wrote:
<quoted text>
Romans 1:24
Therefore God gave them over in the sinful desires of their hearts to sexual impurity for the degrading of their bodies with one another.
Have you checked the mirror in the last few minutes?

Try not to scare your self!

Quesnel, Canada

#467311 Jul 30, 2013
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
Last call.....heterosexuals have been known to have sex with the opposite sex that are not legally an adult....that makes not a pedophile.....
I find no site on the net that speaks of pedophile SBC Pastors...but, I found sites that reported 7095 pedophile Catlick priests!!!!
Homosexuals are not pedophile ignoramus.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>

Sexual orientation is an adult attraction to other adults, About.com adoption expert Carrie Craft explains. Pedophilia is an adult sexual attraction to children. Yet, myths that link gay men with child abuse continue to circulate, especially in the wake of the latest priest-child abuse scandals.

http://gaylife.about.com/b/2010/04/09/how-lik ....

Quesnel, Canada

#467312 Jul 30, 2013
Every Christian on this forum uses biblical scriptures to point at others as evil sinners and their selves as servants of a holy god.

And that is the Christian religion in an arrogant nutshell.
Cracker

Tempe, AZ

#467313 Jul 30, 2013
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
Last call...I repeat:
And whosoever shall speak a word against the Son of man, it shall be forgiven him: but unto him that blasphemeth against the Holy Ghost it shall not be forgiven.
blasphemeth: to vilify; specially, to speak impiously:--(speak) blaspheme(-er,-mously,-my), defame, rail on, revile, speak evil.
I have yet to find an avowed atheist willing, with complete certainty, to seal his fate for all of eternity......would you want to have a go at it?????
By all means, please take my presence here as GOSPEL that I am POSITIVELY, ABSOLUTELY, TRULY, WITHOUT ANY DOUBT OR RESERVATION WHATSOEVER committing blasphemeth against YOURS or ANY OTHER GOD. Now does that mean I must be killed for it? Am I to suffer for all eternity? Is that righteousness? Is that mercy? Is that love?
Is that how your all powerful and everliving god delivers his message?
Or for my sins is he going to create another holocaust. He is the creator after all.
Got it?
Cracker

Tempe, AZ

#467314 Jul 30, 2013
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
Last call...I repeat:
Sounds like a mass.

“GOD SO LOVED US”

#467315 Jul 30, 2013
Dust Storm wrote:
<quoted text>
Discrediting the Black Legend brings up the sticky subject of revisionism. Re-investigating history is only invalid if it puts an agenda ahead of reality. The experts once true believers in the Inquisition myth were not out to do a feminist canonization of Isabella or claim that Tomas de Torquemada was a Marxist. Henry Kamen of the Higher Council for Scientific Research in Barcelona said on camera that researching the Inquisition's archives "demolished the previous image all of us historians) had."
Inquisition pale in comparison to the 150,000 documented witch burnings elsewhere in Europe over the same centuries.
And the future of the Black Legend? For many it may continue to hold more weight than reality.
http://www.catholiceducation.org/articles/his...
http://www.youtube.com/playlist... BBC/A&E Myths of the Inquistion
http://www.catholicapologetics.info/apologeti...
You can put any spin on it

http://m.youtube.com/#/playlist...

We know,Bloody Mary was,Catholic

So we're the Spaniards.

They used God's,name

They should have been excommunicated .

If a divorce merits,it ..so dies murder using God as an excuse.

Yes they are nit the,ONLY people in history to do this.

Just don't act like the CHURCH had no control whatsoever.

They persecuted people for heresy..That being anything which was
Against CHURCH doctrine

Killing Jews who surprisingly ???????? We're not REALLY converts .

The pope apologized to the Jews,..for many things the Church did wrong to them

I applaud him for that.

If it was NOT EXACTLY DOCTRINE they COUKD certainly used the Vatican power to prevent it .
Cracker

Tempe, AZ

#467316 Jul 30, 2013
Just did a google search on "church sex abuse scandals". Received about 24,000,000 results. Did another google search on "Roman Catholic sex abuse scandals" and received about 12,600,000 results.

More than half the results go to the Roman Catholic church. Congratulations, you are the most highest.

Since: Jan 08

Location hidden

#467317 Jul 30, 2013
Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
No.
God made people who are homosexual. That orientation is not "reprobate" nor are those who possess that orientation.
sorry, but God has nothing to do with "making" a person a homosexual.

I have a niece who is a lesbian(and yes I love her, so lets get that out of the way right now), and my brother made her that way. he wanted a boy, so he dressed her up in boy clothes and had her playing football even in Jr High, and later, you couldn't get her to wear a dress

“GOD SO LOVED US”

#467318 Jul 30, 2013
Dust Storm wrote:
<quoted text>
Discrediting the Black Legend brings up the sticky subject of revisionism. Re-investigating history is only invalid if it puts an agenda ahead of reality. The experts once true believers in the Inquisition myth were not out to do a feminist canonization of Isabella or claim that Tomas de Torquemada was a Marxist. Henry Kamen of the Higher Council for Scientific Research in Barcelona said on camera that researching the Inquisition's archives "demolished the previous image all of us historians) had."
Inquisition pale in comparison to the 150,000 documented witch burnings elsewhere in Europe over the same centuries.
And the future of the Black Legend? For many it may continue to hold more weight than reality.
http://www.catholiceducation.org/articles/his...
http://www.youtube.com/playlist... BBC/A&E Myths of the Inquistion
http://www.catholicapologetics.info/apologeti...
SAINT

http://moralcompassblog.com/2013/04/11/thomas...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) 1 hr Gee Tee 9,399
News Ireland's gay marriage vote was 'a defeat': Vat... 4 hr Sir Andrew 5
Stealing the Keys to Heaven (Aug '09) Mon QUITTNER May 25 2015 5
News St. Peter's overflows for historic day of 4 popes (Apr '14) May 23 pazuzu 61
News Pope Francis endorses Catholic climate petition May 23 Passing thru 8
News Philippines cardinal worked for peace with Muslims (Apr '14) May 22 KristoFMYsagun 10
News Francis expects short papacy May 21 ELIAS IBARRA 12
More from around the web