Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 683837 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

Anthony MN

Minneapolis, MN

#467545 Jul 31, 2013
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
According to your catlick encyclopee-pee you ain't saved....
Quote:
Salvation has in Scriptural language the general meaning of liberation from straitened circumstances or from other evils, and of a translation into a state of freedom and security (1 Samuel 11:13; 14:45; 2 Samuel 23:10; 2 Kings 13:17). At times it expresses God's help against Israel's enemies, at other times, the Divine blessing bestowed on the produce of the soil (Isaiah 45:8). As sin is the greatest evil, being the root and source of all evil, Sacred Scripture uses the word "salvation" mainly in the sense of liberation of the human race or of individual man from sin and its consequences. We shall first consider the salvation of the human race, and then salvation as it is verified in the individual man.
Salvation of the human race
We need not dwell upon the possibility of the salvation of mankind or upon its appropriateness. Nor need we remind the reader that after God had freely determined to save the human race, He might have done so by pardoning man's sins without having recourse to the Incarnation of the Second Person of the Most Holy Trinity. Still, the Incarnation of the Word was the most fitting means for the salvation of man, and was even necessary, in case God claimed full satisfaction for the injury done to him by sin (see INCARNATION). Though the office of Saviour is really one, it is virtually multiple: there must be an atonement for sin and damnation, an establishment of the truth so as to overcome human ignorance and error, a perennial source of spiritual strength aiding man in his struggle against darkness and concupiscence. There can be no doubt that Jesus Christ really fulfilled these three functions, that He therefore really saved mankind from sin and its consequences. As teacher He established the reign of truth; as king He supplied strength to His subjects; as priest He stood between heaven and earth, reconciling sinful man with his angry God.
Christ as teacher
Prophets had foretold Christ as a teacher of Divine truth: "Behold, I have given him for a witness to the people, for a leader and a master to the Gentiles" (Isaiah 55:4). Christ himself claims the title of teacher repeatedly during the course of His public life: "You can call me Master, and Lord; and you say well, for so I am" (John 13:13; cf. Matthew 23:10; John 3:31). The Gospels inform us that nearly the whole of Christ's public life was devoted to teaching (see JESUS CHRIST). There can be no doubt as to the supereminence of Christ's teaching; even as man, He is an eyewitness to all He reveals; His truthfulness is God's own veracity; His authority is Divine; His words are the utterance of a Divine person; He can internally illumine and move the minds of His hearers; He is the eternal and infinite wisdom of God Incarnate Who cannot deceive and cannot be deceived.
Christ as king
ptism.
I know what the Church teaches about salvation, that's not at issue. Your fellow protestants say Catholics aren't saved, but can't or won't say what they've done for their salvation that every Catholic hasn't done. I'll give you another chance.
June VanDerMark

Since: Sep 09

Quesnel, Canada

#467546 Jul 31, 2013
And when preachers start out on their pride-filled paths of believing they have the answers for humanity ... it often doesn't take them long to realize they have much to learn.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>

Killing the clergy softly: Congregational conflict, job loss and depression

They are called “clergy killers”— congregations where a small group of members are so disruptive that no pastor is able to maintain spiritual leadership for long.

And yet ministers often endure the stresses of these dysfunctional relationships for months, or even years, before eventually being forced out or giving up.

Adding to the strain is the process, which is often shrouded in secrecy. No one – from denominational officials to church members to the clerics themselves – want to acknowledge the failure of a relationship designed to be a sign to the world of mutual love and support.

http://blogs.thearda.com/trend/religion/killi...
Anthony MN

Minneapolis, MN

#467547 Jul 31, 2013
OldJG wrote:
Hermeneutics Smutics wrote:
<quoted text>Rose Preventing sexual abuse has been my life's work. I started in the trenches near the beginning.You are clear in what you say.It is clear that you are against all abuse of children. You do not have to explain yourself.
<quoted text>
You said, quote, "We are all disgusted with any abuse of children." End quote.
Evidently not disgusted enough to quit supporting the perversion with your money as you donate to pay the legal expenses for the perverts. What does that make you, Anthony MN?
The same thing you are when you donate to an ecclesial community that has sinners who are in positions of authority. If your community leaders are free of sin let me know the name of your organization and I'll quit the Catholic Church and join yours. Thanks.
Clay

Garden City, MI

#467548 Jul 31, 2013
MICHAEL wrote:
<quoted text>
Pope Bendedict Gay?? Nah! Pope's secret boyfriend!
The church has made fools of you and all other followers with behind the scenes sins! Clay Just keep giving if it makes you happy, but in reality it means nothing at all! Wake up and smell the coffee.
http://www.towleroad.com/2013/02/pope-to-live...
http://www.policymic.com/articles/27254/pope-...
Do you troll here daily just to see if your favorite subject (child sexual abuse or Homosexuality) is part of the days discussion?

I posted that I felt biased news reports and slander from you guys, remind me that I indeed belong in the true Church.
Then what do you go and do? You recycle non credible slander from some silly internet blog, in the hope that it'll cause people to view the Holy Catholic Church in a negative light.
Amen! Bring it on you coward. Nothing you say or do will bring down the Church. They'll still be standing long after you die. We've had Michaels come and go in every decade since Christ. All you do is add to your resume' as you stand before God.
Anthony MN

Minneapolis, MN

#467549 Jul 31, 2013
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
And....by your own words...you are not saved!!!!
Ro 10:9 That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved.
"shalt be saved" does not mean "you are saved" nor "I am saved"....
The operative part of this verse is what happens when you do what it says your should do. I've done it. I'm saved according to SBC rules.

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#467550 Jul 31, 2013
Tony17 wrote:
<quoted text>Somehow for some reason I seriously doubt that you even know what the word reprobate means.
Stop using words that are beyond your comprehension level.
Reprobate mind: One that refers to Sacred Scripture as crap.

You are welcome..

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

#467551 Jul 31, 2013
You can knock on a deaf man's door forever.”
&#8213; Nikos Kazantzakis, Zorba the Greek

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

"ISA 53:1.--6 "MATT 10:27"

#467552 Jul 31, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
I disagree.
You already lost a decent sense of your conscience when you took it upon yourself to preach that hell exists for others. The harm caused by such preaching is not minimum. It is maximum.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>
A grandmother shared her heart-breaking story on television. She wanted others to learn from what she believed was her mistake.
She told of her “previous” strict religious indoctrination, that if people were gay they would burn in hell in the hereafter.
When her grandson, whom she adored, came to her and told her he was gay, she was full of fear. She dragged him from one minister to another, who told him that if he did not change his ways, he would not be in heaven.
The grandson begged his grandmother over and over to not try to change him. He tried to convince her that he could not change who he was, but she was so filled with fear for his eternal soul, she paid him no heed.
He took his own life.
She was sobbing with emotion, and said, that if she had it to do over again … just as he was, she would have accepted him. She said she was SO sorry!
What a tough lesson for that poor woman.
In my opinion, religion that teaches such skewed doctrine belongs in the garbage can with the rest of the slime.
~~~

IF YOU HAVE A LOVED ONE THAT HAS COMMITTED SUICIDE ...it is the ultimate act of selfishness...on their part..

Their choice ..

JUST AS YOU HAVE CHOSEN TO COMMIT SPIRITUAL SUICIDE...

YOUR CHOICE..

YOU WILL BEAR THE CONSEQUENCES OF YOU OWN DECISION...

Deu_30:19 I call heaven and earth to record this day against you, that I have set before you life and death, blessing and cursing: therefore choose life, that both thou and thy seed may live:

Rev_3:8 I know thy works: behold, I have set before thee an open door, and no man can shut it:

Rev 3:20 Behold, I stand at the door, and knock: if any man hear my voice, and open the door, I will come in to him, and will sup with him, and he with me.

Rev 3:21 To him that overcometh will I grant to sit with me in my throne, even as I also overcame, and am set down with my Father in his throne.
Anthony MN

Minneapolis, MN

#467553 Jul 31, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you troll here daily just to see if your favorite subject (child sexual abuse or Homosexuality) is part of the days discussion?
I posted that I felt biased news reports and slander from you guys, remind me that I indeed belong in the true Church.
Then what do you go and do? You recycle non credible slander from some silly internet blog, in the hope that it'll cause people to view the Holy Catholic Church in a negative light.
Amen! Bring it on you coward. Nothing you say or do will bring down the Church. They'll still be standing long after you die. We've had Michaels come and go in every decade since Christ. All you do is add to your resume' as you stand before God.
"his favorite subject" lol.
June VanDerMark

Quesnel, Canada

#467554 Jul 31, 2013
From what I have studied, many modern members of congregations are literal spoiled brats ... expecting to hear what pleases them from the member of the clergy ... and if their demands aren't followed, they cause disruption for that member of the clergy.

Often the member of the clergy is moved to another area in shame of not succeeding in his/her "mission," and the reputation of failure follows to the new location, where the person suffer the same embarrassments.

It's not an easy time for these supposed "leaders" who really are not leaders at all, but must jump to the commands of spoiled rotten members of congregations who KNOW that they can hold the preachers hostage.

#467555 Jul 31, 2013
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
The operative part of this verse is what happens when you do what it says your should do. I've done it. I'm saved according to SBC rules.
THEN KEEP THE COMMANDMENTS..

JESUS SAID..

Joh_14:15 If ye love me, keep my commandments.

Joh_15:10 If ye keep my commandments,

ye shall abide in my love;

even as I have kept my Father's commandments, and

abide in his love.
June VanDerMark

Quesnel, Canada

#467556 Jul 31, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
All places of worship are true ... to their own dogmas!

Truth is another matter entirely ... as it seems that all religion grabs and claws and brags of outright owning truth.

Location hidden

#467557 Jul 31, 2013
hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey Oxbow! If I were you, I'd be concerned about "your own" Salvation which has been "suspect" from the very first day that you have been on this forum.
I sleep well...am content...have absolute peace of mind...because I am sealed unto the day of redemption.

Quote: And grieve not the holy Spirit of God, whereby ye are sealed unto the day of redemption.

Why are you not also sealed?????!!!!

“GOD SO LOVED US”

Since: Aug 08

He Gave His SON,JESUS Christ

#467558 Jul 31, 2013
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
You two have an agenda like the other protestants here. I like Rose, I don't call her names, but she speaks from her emotions, not fact. I KNOW the abuse was known at higher levels. What you and the other protestants DON'T KNOW is how this type of sin is handled and what the bishops are responsible for. The bad bishops (yes, there are some, Law and Weakland for example) thought more about their and the Church's reputation than about the suffering of these poor children. I'll give you some good advice...stay out of this because you don't know what you're talking about.
I like you also ..you are honest

as I told dust storm in apologizing for my emotions

I was. As someine ra u sed partly by clergy horrified by this whole thing .

She began post names if Bad Baptists. So then what ..prots post bad priests

The subject is disgusting ..my grand kids are in Cathokic school ..it makes me sick to think kids,like them were prey

If it was going in the fifties. Couid have been kids like me.
Though. ID pit the nuns I had against any priest who hurt us .

Tough. Good ladies and strict but loving ..

I said THEY All if they hurt kids. Belong in jail.

And it escalated. If the POPE did really NOT KNOW ..he should have been told long ago. And these men rounded up..put in an abbey vwith confessor s..

Which was the whole area that I find so hard to swallow
Anthony MN

Minneapolis, MN

#467559 Jul 31, 2013
confrinting with the word wrote:
<quoted text>
THEN KEEP THE COMMANDMENTS..
JESUS SAID..
Joh_14:15 If ye love me, keep my commandments.
Joh_15:10 If ye keep my commandments,
ye shall abide in my love;
even as I have kept my Father's commandments, and
abide in his love.
So Romans 10:9 ISN'T all there is to it?
June VanDerMark

Quesnel, Canada

#467560 Jul 31, 2013
confrinting with the word wrote:
<quoted text>
~~~
IF YOU HAVE A LOVED ONE THAT HAS COMMITTED SUICIDE ...it is the ultimate act of selfishness...on their part..
You are a cold hearted beast in the guise of a god!

One of my Mennonite neighbors (a wonderful kind, hard-working man) who suffered from years of depression recently ended his own life because he could bear no more emotional pain.

You seem to believe that your harsh judgment that you claim comes from a god is helping others ... but I believe you are on a path of self-grandiose illusion that actually causes harm to others.

#467561 Jul 31, 2013
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
Reprobate mind: One that refers to Sacred Scripture as crap.

You are welcome..
~~~

Rom_1:28 And even as they did not like to retain God in their knowledge, God gave them over to a 1.--> reprobate <-- 2.---> mind,<--- to do those things which are not convenient;

Tit_1:16 They profess that they know God; but in works they deny him, being abominable, and disobedient, and unto every good work -->reprobate. <--

1.-->Reprobate <--DEFINED IN GREEK
G96
&#945;&#787;&#948; &#959;&#769;&#954; &#953;&#956;&#959; &#962;
adokimos
ad-ok'-ee-mos
From G1 (as a negative particle) and G1384; unapproved, that is, rejected; by implication worthless (literally or morally):- castaway, rejected, reprobate.

2.--->MIND<--- DEFINED IN GREEK

G3563
&#957;&#959;&#965; &#834;&#962;
nous
nooce
Probably from the base of G1097; the intellect, that is, mind (divine or human; in thought, feeling, or will); by implication meaning:- mind, understanding. Compare G5590.
June VanDerMark

Quesnel, Canada

#467562 Jul 31, 2013
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
I sleep well...am content...have absolute peace of mind...because I am sealed unto the day of redemption.
From my perspective anyone who believes others will suffer eternity in hell doesn't deserve to be at ease with his/her own conscience.

There's something very nasty, imbalanced and off-putting about such a religion.

Location hidden

#467563 Jul 31, 2013
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
I know what the Church teaches about salvation, that's not at issue. Your fellow protestants say Catholics aren't saved, but can't or won't say what they've done for their salvation that every Catholic hasn't done. I'll give you another chance.
Then from the catlick encylcopee-pee and Scripture you quoted, you do know that you are not saved...

We are discussing your lack of salvation, not what my fellow protestants say about catlicks..

I offered to share my testimony, again, if you you would do the same. Your "testimony" clearly shows you are not saved...so you have nothing to share.

Which brings up the question: What must happen for your "shall be" saved to be "am saved"????
June VanDerMark

Quesnel, Canada

#467564 Jul 31, 2013
Georges Minois … History of Suicide … Voluntary Death in Western Culture … Translated by Lydia G. Cochrane. First published in 1995.

Scholars today investigate all domains of human experience: Should not everything that has shaped humankind be studied without prejudice or taboo?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News 'That's all he wanted': Spicer, a devout Cathol... Sat seemoregood 1
News The pope praised him for providing for his pare... Jul 19 Laredo 3
News Boston cardinal, Jewish leaders have Holocaust ... (Feb '09) Jul 19 Dhimmi Democrat 33
News United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) Jul 18 Married in 10,571
News Paul Is No Inventor of Christianity, Says Pope (Sep '08) Jul 16 True Christian wi... 77
News Editorial: The Vatican's Failure in the Abuse S... Jul 13 seemoregood 1
News In Defense of Free Speech in the United States (May '15) Jul 11 Muslim lives don_... 6
More from around the web