Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 690404 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

“What are you looking at?”

Since: Jan 08

Albuquerque, NM

#467528 Jul 31, 2013
confrinting with the word wrote:
<quoted text>
~~~
Where was the devil
(THE ONE THAT IS EVIDENTLY YOUR LORD
ELSE YOU WOULD NOT BE ACCUSING GOD)
when the young Girl was being raped.
Why no ask Him. ARE NOT ON SPEAKING TERM WITH HIM?
Jesus DESCRIBED his ATTRIBUTES.
Joh 10:10 The thief cometh not, but for to steal, and to kill, and to destroy.
Eph 4:17 This I say therefore, and testify in the Lord, that ye henceforth walk not as other Gentiles walk, in the vanity of their mind,
Eph 4:18 Having the understanding darkened, being alienated from the life of God through the ignorance that is in them, because of the blindness of their heart:
Sorry that you live in such a darkened atmosphere that you would accuse God...
Jesus gave His life ( THE ULTIMATE SACRIFICE) on a horrific cross
that ...those that raped her ..could have ..received his salvation an
COULD...have been honorable men of integrity
and would have never thought about such a crime... let alone committed it.
(BUT LIKE YOURSELF THEY REFUSED)
WHAT MORE DO/COULD YOU EXPECT OF GOD?
Isa_40:28 Hast thou not known? hast thou not heard, that the everlasting God, the LORD, the Creator of the ends of the earth, fainteth not, neither is weary? there is no searching of his understanding.
OF IGNORANCE IS BLISS YOU ARE BLISTERED...
Putting the blame on the "devil" still doesn't resolve why "God" didn't get involved.

Unless you think that "God" is not as powerful as the "devil". Do you?

GiF - your redirection of blame is a comman tactic with so-called "Christians". Always thinking that "God" is great and good, yet, for some reason, "He" won't step into the mix to stop all that is bad or evil from even happening, and because of this, "Christians" then place the blame squarely upon another unproven entity, just because you can't fathom, that your "God" can't do anything.

Yep - you must think the "devil" is more powerful.

It's got to be, as there is no otehr explanation I can think of.
June VanDerMark

Since: Sep 09

Quesnel, Canada

#467529 Jul 31, 2013
Tony17 wrote:
<quoted text>Te following scripture is the reason that Christ went to hell aka the grave to offer salvation to all that had lived up until the time that He died.
I suggest you study the first creed and you will see there is no mention of Jesus going to hell.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>

From the “The Lost Book of the Bibles, by Bell Publishing, New York, comes the following.

The Apostle’s Creed … as it stood An. Dom. 600. Copied from Mr. Justice Bailey’s Edition of the book of Common Prayer.‘before the year 6oo, it was no more than this’—Mr. Justice Bailey. P. 9 n.

I Believe in God the Father Almighty:
2 And in Jesus Christ his only begotten Son, our Lord;
3 Who was born of the Holy Ghost and Virgin Mary,

4 And was crucified under Pontuis Pilate, and was buried;
5 And the third day rose again from the dead.
6 Ascended into heaven, sitteth on the right hand of the Father;
7 Whence he shall come to judge the quick and the dead;

8 And in the Holy Ghost;

9 The Holy Church;
10 The remission of sins;

11 And the resurrection of the flesh, Amen.

The Apostles Creed, as it stands in the book of Common Prayer of the United Church of England and Ireland as by law established.

1 I believe in God the Father Almighty, maker of heaven and earth:
2 And in Jesus Christ his only Son, our Lord:
3 Who was conceived by the Holy Ghost, born of the Virgin Mary,
4 Suffered under Pontius Pilate, was crucified, dead and buried;
5 He descended into hell;

6 The third day he rose again from the dead;
7 He ascended into heaven, and sitteth on the right hand of God the Father Almighty;
8 From whence he shall come to judge the quick and the dead.
9 I believe in the Holy Ghost;
10 The Holy Catholic Church; the communion of saints;
12 The resurrection of the body; and the life everlasting.
Anthony MN

Minneapolis, MN

#467530 Jul 31, 2013
Hermeneutics Smutics wrote:
<quoted text>Rose is a good person.If she believes the Vatican must have known,this is no reason to call her names or belittle and verbally abuse her.If you do not believe that that sexual abuse was known higher than on the priest level than your hypothesis would contradict what we know about this phenomenon.And if I were you I would leave my wife and me alone.
You two have an agenda like the other protestants here. I like Rose, I don't call her names, but she speaks from her emotions, not fact. I KNOW the abuse was known at higher levels. What you and the other protestants DON'T KNOW is how this type of sin is handled and what the bishops are responsible for. The bad bishops (yes, there are some, Law and Weakland for example) thought more about their and the Church's reputation than about the suffering of these poor children. I'll give you some good advice...stay out of this because you don't know what you're talking about.
June VanDerMark

Quesnel, Canada

#467531 Jul 31, 2013
marge wrote:
<quoted text>
The pope says 'he doesn't judge', so i assume nobody in that church does, very sad scarry answer but true it seems.
If humans didn't judge, humans wouldn't "think."

You judge that you know you will be saved and others will go to hell.

That is called judging.

I judge that religion is bunk ... that is called judging.

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 53:1.--6 "MATT 10:27"

#467532 Jul 31, 2013
MICHAEL wrote:
<quoted text>
If you preach that God is the creator of all! Then God created the devil too. What a condundrum.
You believe only because you fear the end is near for you. Thats sad!
THE ULTIMATE SADNESS..IS

That you are willing to gamble your soul...

IF I AM WRONG.... I HAVE LOST NOTHING.

IF YOU ARE WRONG....AND THE BIBLE IS TRUE.... YOU WILL HAVE LOST IT ALL,

AND YOU WILL PAY ETERNALLY IN THE FLAMES OF HELL...

CONSIDER IT...
June VanDerMark

Quesnel, Canada

#467533 Jul 31, 2013
Tony17 wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL,LOL. Opps I posted the wrong link in my reply above. The following verses is why Christ descended into hell aka the grave to preach to the dead that were ther.
Hebrews 10:verses 4,9,10,11,12
If they were spending eternity in hell, why would he WANT to preach to them. Would he want to rub more salt in their open wounds???

Good Grief religion is stupid!

#467534 Jul 31, 2013
New Age Spiritual Leader wrote:
<quoted text>
Putting the blame on the "devil" still doesn't resolve why "God" didn't get involved.
GiF - your redirection of blame is a comman tactic with so-called "Christians". Always thinking that "God" is great and good, yet, for some reason, "He" won't step into the mix to stop all that is bad or evil from even happening, and because of this, "Christians" then place the blame squarely upon another unproven entity, just because you can't fathom, that your "God" can't do anything.
It's got to be, as there is no otehr explanation I can think of.
~~~~

Mat_4:4 But he/JESUS answered and said, It is written, Man shall not live by bread alone, but by every word that proceedeth out of the mouth of God.

Mat_4:7 Jesus said unto him, It is written again, Thou shalt not tempt the Lord thy God.

Mat_4:10 Then saith Jesus unto him, Get thee hence, Satan: for it is written,

Thou shalt worship the Lord thy God, and him only shalt thou serve.
June VanDerMark

Quesnel, Canada

#467535 Jul 31, 2013
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
Sorry ..And I know it's,NOT just Catholics ..it just hurt you the most ..And reflected badly on all Christians..
If Christians didn't brag so much about being holy servants of a god, they wouldn't be offended when humans prove to be mortal animals.

I suggest if you take your selves off of your imaginary pedestals, you won't have to fall off of them or be pushed off by reality of every-day human scenarios.

Protestant and Catholic members of clergy molested and probably still molest children ... and that includes women who molest children ... not just men.
June VanDerMark

Quesnel, Canada

#467536 Jul 31, 2013
Tony17 wrote:
Mt Zion is Gods most favorite place in the entire universe.
Why would a god have a favorite place? If he was perfect in his ability to create ... all places should be of the same value in his invisible "mind."

:)

God talking to his self ... "Golly gee ... this place isn't as pretty as that place over there ... so that place is my favorite."

June VanDerMark

Quesnel, Canada

#467537 Jul 31, 2013
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
Thank you for proving my words 110& true:
OH OH! From where did you steal that extra 10%?

Anthony MN

Minneapolis, MN

#467538 Jul 31, 2013
<quoted text>Bishops are holy men. They do more than what is "required". They do what is right in God's eyes.Now start listing the Orthodox Bishops that turned a blind eye. I expect it
Yes, most of them are, and just like in Othodoxy there are some who use bad judgement. And if you insist on inserting yourself into this I will.
June VanDerMark

Quesnel, Canada

#467539 Jul 31, 2013
Tony17 wrote:
<quoted text>You do make a most valid point. No one has the authority to tell another soul whether they are saved or not.
What would be the point of preaching other than to rub salt in other people's wounds that you are saved and they are not?

Are you trying to do away with theologians?

June VanDerMark

Quesnel, Canada

#467540 Jul 31, 2013
<quoted text>
~~~
Where was the devil
It's your devil. You allowed it to infect your brain. I suggest that you deal with it.
Anthony MN

Minneapolis, MN

#467541 Jul 31, 2013
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
Anthony I honestly thought there was NO WAY. with so many involved
THAT NOT ONE BISHOP would NOT turn to their Vicar for advice in something that had the potential for harm to the CHURCH THAT HE
SHEPHERDS
Growing up in a Catholic School..learning as I did that the Pope was the absolute authority on everything in the CHURCH ..IT NEVER OCCURRED TO ME that THIS SIN IN THE CHURCH. would Be Kept from HIM .
ITS still as inconceivable as,NOT HIDING THE PRIESTS AWAY FROM THE PARISH ..IN A,LIFE OF CONTEMPLATION.
If really true it almost makes it worse.
Why have a Spiritual Leader if boycott this..??
You obviously don't know how it works Rose. The local bishop is in charge of disciplining his priests. If part of your job description is to discipline your employees, you don't go to the CEO when one of your employees screws up, you handle it. As part of the disciplinary process the prevailing science from the phsychiatric community at the time was to get them out of the parish and into counseling. They were pronounced "cured" and sent back to the diocese. The bishops reassinged them. They DID NOT send out predators thinking they would do it again. We know now that it doesn't work. The process has changed. ALL decisions are made in Rome now.
June VanDerMark

Quesnel, Canada

#467542 Jul 31, 2013
<quoted text>
THE ULTIMATE SADNESS..IS
That you are willing to gamble your soul...
IF I AM WRONG.... I HAVE LOST NOTHING.
I disagree.

You already lost a decent sense of your conscience when you took it upon yourself to preach that hell exists for others. The harm caused by such preaching is not minimum. It is maximum.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>

A grandmother shared her heart-breaking story on television. She wanted others to learn from what she believed was her mistake.

She told of her “previous” strict religious indoctrination, that if people were gay they would burn in hell in the hereafter.

When her grandson, whom she adored, came to her and told her he was gay, she was full of fear. She dragged him from one minister to another, who told him that if he did not change his ways, he would not be in heaven.

The grandson begged his grandmother over and over to not try to change him. He tried to convince her that he could not change who he was, but she was so filled with fear for his eternal soul, she paid him no heed.

He took his own life.

She was sobbing with emotion, and said, that if she had it to do over again … just as he was, she would have accepted him. She said she was SO sorry!

What a tough lesson for that poor woman.

In my opinion, religion that teaches such skewed doctrine belongs in the garbage can with the rest of the slime.
June VanDerMark

Quesnel, Canada

#467543 Jul 31, 2013
I'm not all and never have been surprised when members of clergy commit the same crimes as do others.

Preaching of holiness and salvation and sin and evil and a devil doesn't help the preacher to be anything but human.

It's just a very silly self-amusing pastime.

#467544 Jul 31, 2013
New Age Spiritual Leader wrote:
<quoted text>
It's got to be, as there is no other explanation I can think of.
~~~

You wrote

It's got to be, as there is no other explanation I can think of.

I DON'T HAVE TO...TO DEFEND GOD

He is well capable OF DEFENDING HIMSELF...

The devil (lucifer) is nothing but a fallen angel

Isa 14:12 How art thou fallen from heaven, O Lucifer, son of the morning! how art thou cut down to the ground, which didst weaken the nations!
Isa 14:13 For thou hast said in thine heart, I will ascend into heaven, I will exalt my throne above the stars of God: I will sit also upon the mount of the congregation, in the sides of the north:
Isa 14:14 I will ascend above the heights of the clouds; I will be like the most High.
Isa 14:15 Yet thou shalt be brought down to hell, to the sides of the pit.
Isa 14:16 They that see thee shall narrowly look upon thee, and consider thee, saying, Is this the man that made the earth to tremble, that did shake kingdoms;

Isa 14:17 That made the world as a wilderness, and destroyed the cities thereof; that opened not the house of his prisoners?

Isa 14:18 All the kings of the nations, even all of them, lie in glory, every one in his own house.

Isa 14:19 But thou art cast out of thy grave like an abominable branch, and as the raiment of those that are slain, thrust through with a sword, that go down to the stones of the pit; as a carcase trodden under feet.

Isa 14:20 Thou shalt not be joined with them in burial, because thou hast destroyed thy land, and slain thy people: the seed of evildoers shall never be renowned.

NOTE THE ULTIMATE FUTURE OF THOSE THAT ARE THE CHILDREN OF THE DEVIL

Isa 14:21 Prepare slaughter for his children for the iniquity of their fathers; that they do not rise, nor possess the land, nor fill the face of the world with cities.

JESUS SAID TO THOSE SUCH AS YOURSELF....

Joh_8:44 Ye are of your father the devil, and the lusts of your father ye will do. He was a murderer from the beginning, and abode not in the truth, because there is no truth in him. When he speaketh a lie, he speaketh of his own: for he is a liar, and the father of it.

JESUS HAS GIVEN YOU THE CHOICE OF CHANGING YOU DESTINY ...

Mat 11:25 At that time Jesus answered and said, I thank thee, O Father, Lord of heaven and earth, because thou hast hid these things from the wise and prudent, and hast revealed them unto babes.

Mat 11:26 Even so, Father: for so it seemed good in thy sight.

Mat 11:27 All things are delivered unto me of my Father: and no man knoweth the Son, but the Father; neither knoweth any man the Father, save the Son, and he to whomsoever the Son will reveal him.

Mat 11:28 Come unto me, all ye that labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest.

Mat 11:29 Take my yoke upon you, and learn of me; for I am meek and lowly in heart: and ye shall find rest unto your souls.

Mat 11:30 For my yoke is easy, and my burden is light.

YOUR CHOICE...
Anthony MN

Minneapolis, MN

#467545 Jul 31, 2013
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
According to your catlick encyclopee-pee you ain't saved....
Quote:
Salvation has in Scriptural language the general meaning of liberation from straitened circumstances or from other evils, and of a translation into a state of freedom and security (1 Samuel 11:13; 14:45; 2 Samuel 23:10; 2 Kings 13:17). At times it expresses God's help against Israel's enemies, at other times, the Divine blessing bestowed on the produce of the soil (Isaiah 45:8). As sin is the greatest evil, being the root and source of all evil, Sacred Scripture uses the word "salvation" mainly in the sense of liberation of the human race or of individual man from sin and its consequences. We shall first consider the salvation of the human race, and then salvation as it is verified in the individual man.
Salvation of the human race
We need not dwell upon the possibility of the salvation of mankind or upon its appropriateness. Nor need we remind the reader that after God had freely determined to save the human race, He might have done so by pardoning man's sins without having recourse to the Incarnation of the Second Person of the Most Holy Trinity. Still, the Incarnation of the Word was the most fitting means for the salvation of man, and was even necessary, in case God claimed full satisfaction for the injury done to him by sin (see INCARNATION). Though the office of Saviour is really one, it is virtually multiple: there must be an atonement for sin and damnation, an establishment of the truth so as to overcome human ignorance and error, a perennial source of spiritual strength aiding man in his struggle against darkness and concupiscence. There can be no doubt that Jesus Christ really fulfilled these three functions, that He therefore really saved mankind from sin and its consequences. As teacher He established the reign of truth; as king He supplied strength to His subjects; as priest He stood between heaven and earth, reconciling sinful man with his angry God.
Christ as teacher
Prophets had foretold Christ as a teacher of Divine truth: "Behold, I have given him for a witness to the people, for a leader and a master to the Gentiles" (Isaiah 55:4). Christ himself claims the title of teacher repeatedly during the course of His public life: "You can call me Master, and Lord; and you say well, for so I am" (John 13:13; cf. Matthew 23:10; John 3:31). The Gospels inform us that nearly the whole of Christ's public life was devoted to teaching (see JESUS CHRIST). There can be no doubt as to the supereminence of Christ's teaching; even as man, He is an eyewitness to all He reveals; His truthfulness is God's own veracity; His authority is Divine; His words are the utterance of a Divine person; He can internally illumine and move the minds of His hearers; He is the eternal and infinite wisdom of God Incarnate Who cannot deceive and cannot be deceived.
Christ as king
ptism.
I know what the Church teaches about salvation, that's not at issue. Your fellow protestants say Catholics aren't saved, but can't or won't say what they've done for their salvation that every Catholic hasn't done. I'll give you another chance.
June VanDerMark

Quesnel, Canada

#467546 Jul 31, 2013
And when preachers start out on their pride-filled paths of believing they have the answers for humanity ... it often doesn't take them long to realize they have much to learn.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>

Killing the clergy softly: Congregational conflict, job loss and depression

They are called “clergy killers”— congregations where a small group of members are so disruptive that no pastor is able to maintain spiritual leadership for long.

And yet ministers often endure the stresses of these dysfunctional relationships for months, or even years, before eventually being forced out or giving up.

Adding to the strain is the process, which is often shrouded in secrecy. No one – from denominational officials to church members to the clerics themselves – want to acknowledge the failure of a relationship designed to be a sign to the world of mutual love and support.

http://blogs.thearda.com/trend/religion/killi...
Anthony MN

Minneapolis, MN

#467547 Jul 31, 2013
OldJG wrote:
<quoted text>Rose Preventing sexual abuse has been my life's work. I started in the trenches near the beginning.You are clear in what you say.It is clear that you are against all abuse of children. You do not have to explain yourself.
<quoted text>
You said, quote, "We are all disgusted with any abuse of children." End quote.
Evidently not disgusted enough to quit supporting the perversion with your money as you donate to pay the legal expenses for the perverts. What does that make you, Anthony MN?
The same thing you are when you donate to an ecclesial community that has sinners who are in positions of authority. If your community leaders are free of sin let me know the name of your organization and I'll quit the Catholic Church and join yours. Thanks.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) Sat Eyes on Christ 10,655
News John Paul I Closer to Sainthood as Book Debunks... Nov 12 South Knox Hombre 1
News Vatican backs Obama as Nobel Peace Prize Winner (Oct '09) Nov 8 Feeling Abandoned 37
News Pope Francis to stop off in Cuba on way to Unit... (Apr '15) Nov 2 whirlignmerc 11
News War, religion and tolerance Oct 30 The Bible Student 1
News Pope Francis Denounces Gender Confirmation Surg... Oct '17 TerriB1 1
News Paul Is No Inventor of Christianity, Says Pope (Sep '08) Oct '17 The Bible Student 81
More from around the web