Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 679240 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

“YESHUA IS LORD”

Since: Apr 07

GAWGIA (GEORGIA)

#467458 Jul 30, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Admit that your chances of spending eternity in hell is just as great as those at whom you point fingers.
If the god exists, he's an adulterer. He left the Jews high and dry with their old testament and jumped on the bandwagon with Christian idolizers of the new testament. He's promiscuous as "hell."
:)
Hell is nothing but the grave. Scripture even stated that Christ descended into the grave when He was crucified.

There is much that Christians teach that is erroneous and this belief that the lost is gonna be tortured for all eternity in a burning hell. Not true. Such things has never entered the mind of God.

Now if hell is as the misled believe then why would the Christ descend into a burning hell where the lost are tortured. Makes no sense.

Since: Feb 12

Location hidden

#467459 Jul 30, 2013
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
There is no need to be nasty . But they ..the priests and their bosses are most certainly responsible fir hurting the children and the priests.
The teachers..the coaches..the ministers ..All equally guilty And I've said that Several Times
sorry you think.it's personal. It's not.
Have said MANY TIMES THE NUNS AND PRIESTS I KNEE WERE GOod people
You mean no one outside each diocese of The Church had any idea there were any priests abusing children.
I can understand THat in another institution .
But your Pope is at your head .recent on northerners and the VATICAN KNEW NOTHING???? THESE men went yo counselling. fOR A CRIME and NO ONE UP HIGH KNEW IT ..wasn't keeping it a secret then aliens Sin..Hiding things from His Holiness that could hurt the Church ???
I know it's a difficult program ..the Catholic school I went yo never addressed sex at ALL.
Who ever heard of this ..I get that ..But bishops are educated far beyond what we are. If you want to hide a din such bad this HIDE IT..away from more temptation to sin
Would it not Have made sense in a religious institution when one person came forth describing something they had no words for ...And then others ..to at least segregate these priests...Not shuffle them yo other children
It's the lack of common sense that even lay people do not understand .
I may not have been practicing but I venerated the Church.
When I first heard of this I thought it was s lie ...NOT THE PEOPLE PEOPLE I LOOKED UP TO .
And when it came out they got moved to other parishes ..My very first thought ..why did THeY not put. Them in s monastery .
You can call.me names ..You can list other criminals
You cannot face the Truth that at the very least the Church was complicit in hiding crimes..And even...according to you...hiding them from the Seatbif your Church.
Again. What bugs me US the foolisHness ..on top of letting thrombosis to hurt themselves and the children
You are more. Worried about words than those hurt.
And about Thomas More persecution and bibles..it depends on whose history you believe
I did not make any of that up
Yet you blame me .
Don't let them get you upset Rose.When someone tells you that you make them want to vomit, means your getting under their skin...lol pretty picture lol

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

#467460 Jul 30, 2013
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
There is no need to be nasty . But they ..the priests and their bosses are most certainly responsible fir hurting the children and the priests.
The teachers..the coaches..the ministers ..All equally guilty And I've said that Several Times
You mean no one outside each diocese of The Church had any idea there were any priests abusing children.
But your Pope is at your head .recent on northerners and the VATICAN KNEW NOTHING???? THESE men went yo counselling. fOR A CRIME and NO ONE UP HIGH KNEW IT ..wasn't keeping it a secret then aliens Sin..Hiding things from His Holiness that could hurt the Church ???
I know it's a difficult program ..the Catholic school I went yo never addressed sex at ALL.
Who ever heard of this ..I get that ..But bishops are educated far beyond what we are. If you want to hide a din such bad this HIDE IT..away from more temptation to sin
Would it not Have made sense in a religious institution when one person came forth describing something they had no words for ...And then others ..to at least segregate these priests...Not shuffle them yo other children
When I first heard of this I thought it was s lie ...NOT THE PEOPLE PEOPLE I LOOKED UP TO .
And when it came out they got moved to other parishes ..My very first thought ..why did THeY not put. Them in s monastery .
You cannot face the Truth that at the very least the Church was complicit in hiding crimes..And even...according to you...hiding them from the Seatbif your Church.
Again. What bugs me US the foolisHness ..on top of letting thrombosis to hurt themselves and the children
And about Thomas More persecution and bibles..it depends on whose history you believe
Yet you blame me .
Rose Preventing sexual abuse has been my life's work. I started in the trenches near the beginning.You are clear in what you say.It is clear that you are against all abuse of children. You do not have to explain yourself.

“What are you looking at?”

Since: Jan 08

Albuquerque, NM

#467461 Jul 30, 2013
DNF wrote:
<quoted text>about point #2. confrinting with the word said, "(1)My God is better because He is the ONE God that is alive.
(2)There are NOT more Gods. The gods of this world are carved of wood and stone."
Yet in the Bible it appears even God himself speaks of other Gods. The Bible is littered with Pagan Gods that the Christian God opposed.
In the Big Ten, if God was the only God why would HE say, "You shall have no other Gods before me"? instead of, "I am the One True God; no other Gods exist".
In other words, men dictating what other men are to believe.

So-called "Christians" don't....I mean....can't admit this.

It ruins their hope and faith, even though they created those traits.

DOH!!

If you are asking for these individuals to be honest, you've come to the wrong forum.
truth

Thornlie, Australia

#467462 Jul 30, 2013
Do you trust wicket satanic teachers..please tell me is that crime when wicket satanic person practising over your child which is under age which have to be institution for teaching not practising evil things.

Is that crime?
Yes it is.

They can turn your child into vurnable best don't you but you as accuser you become supporter of that evil crime.

How many institution working with that game toward young adoults as well childreens..trough school hospitals and so o.
Anthony MN

Minneapolis, MN

#467463 Jul 30, 2013
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
Yet you blame me .
Bishops are in charge of their diocese. They weren't required to report accusations to Rome. They are required to handle issues with priests at the local level. They were required to report Crimen sollicitationis. That was the policy until 2002 when the CDF, under Cardinal Joseph Ratzinger, the future pope, demanded the bishops start reporting to the Vatican. No, the HIGHER UP wasn't aware of the scope until then.

You have no idea what you're talking about, all you do is make grand accusations based on emotions, not fact.. If you want to discuss this intelligently, get your facts straight first.
truth

Thornlie, Australia

#467464 Jul 30, 2013
yes many institution is not belong to church..no..

Why you think others institution better?

Jesus Christ know about weakness of people as well accusers which accuse every day.

“YESHUA IS LORD”

Since: Apr 07

GAWGIA (GEORGIA)

#467465 Jul 30, 2013
Tony17 wrote:
<quoted text>Hell is nothing but the grave. Scripture even stated that Christ descended into the grave when He was crucified.
There is much that Christians teach that is erroneous and this belief that the lost is gonna be tortured for all eternity in a burning hell. Not true. Such things has never entered the mind of God.
Now if hell is as the misled believe then why would the Christ descend into a burning hell where the lost are tortured. Makes no sense.
And Check out ACTS 2:31 that demonstrates that Christ went to hell. Hell is nothing but the grave and Christ went there to preach to the souls that were there and offered them salvation. And many of them accepted His offer and were then sent to heaven.

Those of you that don't believe this would then have a huge problem with the erroneous RCC teaching of purgatory.
Anthony MN

Minneapolis, MN

#467466 Jul 30, 2013
Hermeneutics Smutics wrote:
<quoted text>Rose Preventing sexual abuse has been my life's work. I started in the trenches near the beginning.You are clear in what you say.It is clear that you are against all abuse of children. You do not have to explain yourself.
We are all disgusted with any abuse of children. Her accusations however are void of fact when she insists the Vatican MUST have known all along. I think it's better if you and the wife stay out of this one.

Since: Sep 09

Willow River, Canada

#467467 Jul 30, 2013
If Jesus died for all ... that means ALL ... not just those who use the title of Christian.

Why do you people believe it's necessary to hog the limelight?

Within the theology (which of course I believe is all made up nonsense)... didn't the Catholics write that Jesus said the following?

John 12:44

Douay-Rheims Bible
But Jesus cried, and said: He that believeth in me, doth not believe in me, but in him that sent me.

Since: Sep 09

Willow River, Canada

#467468 Jul 30, 2013
That should mean that Jesus did not want special attention, but rather he wanted all people to believe in god by all the many different pathways that all lead to home.

Of course, I don't believe any of it, but if I was going to believe it ... at least that way of believing would be fair to all.

“GOD SO LOVED US”

Since: Aug 08

He Gave His SON,JESUS Christ

#467469 Jul 30, 2013
OldJG wrote:
<quoted text>
By first lying and then covering them up. How is that for an answer based on TRUTH!
And much shorter than mine..

Now they quote Kinsey ...And say they did NOT TELL THEIR SPIRITUAL LEADER..it makes no sense..if. he IS THE HOLY. HEAD OF THE CHURCH...WHY NOT TELL HIM ...We have a,problem....

I know this was an unheard of thing in the fifties and sixties.

But a celibate priest ..broke his vow ..And had a sexual relationship WITH A CHILD..all of it sinful

send them to a,monastery ..

Location hidden

#467470 Jul 30, 2013
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
We are all disgusted with any abuse of children. Her accusations however are void of fact when she insists the Vatican MUST have known all along. I think it's better if you and the wife stay out of this one.
Rose is a good person.If she believes the Vatican must have known,this is no reason to call her names or belittle and verbally abuse her.If you do not believe that that sexual abuse was known higher than on the priest level than your hypothesis would contradict what we know about this phenomenon.And if I were you I would leave my wife and me alone.

Location hidden

#467471 Jul 30, 2013
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
Bishops are in charge of their diocese. They weren't required to report accusations to Rome. They are required to handle issues with priests at the local level. They were required to report Crimen sollicitationis. That was the policy until 2002 when the CDF, under Cardinal Joseph Ratzinger, the future pope, demanded the bishops start reporting to the Vatican. No, the HIGHER UP wasn't aware of the scope until then.
You have no idea what you're talking about, all you do is make grand accusations based on emotions, not fact.. If you want to discuss this intelligently, get your facts straight first.
Bishops are holy men. They do more than what is "required". They do what is right in God's eyes.Now start listing the Orthodox Bishops that turned a blind eye. I expect it

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#467472 Jul 30, 2013
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
Nope, they're all child sexual abuse offenders.
That is not what June called it....and I see not the word pedophile on that site...
hojo

Minneapolis, MN

#467473 Jul 30, 2013
confrinting with the word wrote:
<quoted text>
~~~
You wrote
"we as Catholics will "continue" to remain with the AUTHORITATIVE and PROVEN TRUTH, believing, worshipping and adhering to the TRUTH of Jesus Christ's One True Catholic Church .."
If the Roman Catholic Church is the only AUTHORITATIVE and PROVEN TRUTH, believing, worshipping and adhering to the TRUTH of Jesus Christ's ....One True Catholic Church..
The whole earth is going to hell in a hand basket.
I/we as Catholics and our personal Salvation in Jesus Christ is (thankfully) "not dependent" on your condemning, and judgemental heretical ministry. Try to "get it through your head" Confrinting!!! God (Our Father) is "everyone's" final judge........ You have "no authority" to judge ANYONE ELSE'S Salvation (to heaven) or their damnation to hell, even though your "pride and ego" continues to dominate your bible only "half-truth, half-heresy" preaching!!..... Jesus Christ, in and through HIS One True Apostolic Catholic Church, has, is and will ALWAYS be "the way, the TRUTH and the life". Furthermore--- Heretical preachers and ministers like you have "come and gone" for over 2000 years --YET--the CHURCH LIVES ON---just like Jesus said it would!!!

“GOD SO LOVED US”

#467474 Jul 30, 2013
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
Anthony I honestly thought there was NO WAY. with so many involved

THAT NOT ONE BISHOP would NOT turn to their Vicar for advice in something that had the potential for harm to the CHURCH THAT HE
SHEPHERDS

Growing up in a Catholic School..learning as I did that the Pope was the absolute authority on everything in the CHURCH ..IT NEVER OCCURRED TO ME that THIS SIN IN THE CHURCH. would Be Kept from HIM .

ITS still as inconceivable as,NOT HIDING THE PRIESTS AWAY FROM THE PARISH ..IN A,LIFE OF CONTEMPLATION.

If really true it almost makes it worse.

Why have a Spiritual Leader if boycott this..??

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#467475 Jul 30, 2013
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
There's about 600,000 clergy in the US. About 39,000 are Catholic. Using your own number of 1.7%(663), that puts your number over by about 6,432.
Conversely, if you use the established protestant number of 3% of the remaining 561,000 it comes out to 16,830 protestant pedophile pastors.
Yes, very revealing.
My figures are based on world wide numbers....not only the US... and there are not 561,000 SBC clergy.....

You almost got a straw that time...keep on grabbing...

“GOD SO LOVED US”

#467476 Jul 30, 2013
Hermeneutics Smutics wrote:
<quoted text>Rose is a good person.If she believes the Vatican must have known,this is no reason to call her names or belittle and verbally abuse her.If you do not believe that that sexual abuse was known higher than on the priest level than your hypothesis would contradict what we know about this phenomenon.And if I were you I would leave my wife and me alone.
Thanks, You two

I honestly could not believe when she said no one high up knew.

And why not go to the head for A problem..they did not comprehend

Isn't he the SPIRITUAL LEADER .

Since: Feb 12

Location hidden

#467477 Jul 30, 2013
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
Meaning??

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News What Divides Catholics and Protestants? (Apr '08) 2 hr Jasonville 84,711
News What is up with that strange photo of President... 5 hr Chilli J 14
News Pope's Egypt visit offers chance to improve Cat... Fri BB Board 1
News Why Melania Trump covers her head one day and n... Fri True Christian wi... 1
News United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) May 24 Apostolic of anot... 10,545
News How the war-of-words between Trump and Pope Fra... May 23 WhollyConcrete 8
News President Trump to meet with Pope Francis May 23 Rico from East Lo... 4
More from around the web