Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

Full story: CBC News

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Comments (Page 22,542)

Showing posts 450,821 - 450,840 of529,584
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:

Since: Sep 09

Prince George, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 29, 2013

Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
To not ignore this teaching by the Catlicks, kills the cash cow Annulment...hence the ignoring...
Mt 5:32 But I say unto you, That whosoever shall put away his wife, saving for the cause of fornication, causeth her to commit adultery: and whosoever shall marry her that is divorced committeth adultery.
Mt 19:9 And I say unto you, Whosoever shall put away his wife, except it be for fornication, and shall marry another, committeth adultery: and whoso marrieth her which is put away doth commit adultery.
Wow those are powerful scriptures ... but why aren't you following god's commands to kill others??? Are you being naughty ... not nice?

:)
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>

Any person who curseth his mother or father, must be killed.(Leviticus 20:9)

If a man cheats on his wife, or vise versa, both the man and the woman must die.(Leviticus 20:10).

If a man sleeps with his father's wife... both him and his father's wife is to be put to death.(Leviticus 20:11)

If a man sleeps with his wife and her mother they are all to be burnt to death.(Leviticus 20:14)

If a man or woman has sex with an animal, both human and animal must be killed.(Leviticus 20:15-16).

If a man has sex with a woman on her period, they are both to be "cut off from their people" (Leviticus 20:18)

Psychics, wizards, and so on are to be stoned to death.(Leviticus 20:27)

If a priest's daughter is a whore, she is to be burnt at the stake.(Leviticus 21:9)

People who have flat noses, or is blind or lame, cannot go to an altar of God (Leviticus 21:17-18)

Anyone who curses or blasphemes God, should be stoned to death by the community.(Leviticus 24:14-16)

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 29, 2013

Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
They were told wrong.
No....not wrong....that is exactly what they are told...I are a witness to that happening....

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 29, 2013

Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
The true Church has always taught that the Church decides when a valid marriage occurs. The Orthodox changed what the true Church has always taught which is " what God has joined, let no man put asunder". No divorce, no remarriage. Is there something we should know about you and Hermi?
==========

CANON 1095 (1983) IS THE PART OF CANON LAW LIKELY EGREGIOUSLY ABUSED BY MANY, PRIMARILY AMERICAN, MARRIAGE TRIBUNALS TO GRANT TENS OF THOUSANDS OF ANNULMENTS A YEAR.

The Code of Canon Law released in 1983 radically liberalized the grounds for granting annulments by adding a pseudo-psychological provision. The Dean of the Roman Rota, the supreme marriage tribunal of the Church, asks that it be reformed:

Speaking at a conference in Rome, the dean of the Roman Rota suggested the need for a more rigorous interpretation of a provision in canon law that is cited in many annulment cases.

POLISH BISHOP ANTONI STANKIEWICZ, DEAN OF THE ROMAN ROTA,
THE VATICAN COURT THAT HANDLES MOST MARRIAGE CASES SAID THAT THE CURRENT READING OF CANON 1095 (1983) WOULD SUGGEST THAT “IT’S ALMOST IMPOSSIBLE TO GET MARRIED, IN VIEW OF THE CURRENT CULTURAL SITUATION.”

CANON 1095 STIPULATES THAT A VALID MARRIAGE MAY BE IMPOSSIBLE BECAUSE OF “CAUSES OF A PSYCHOLOGICAL NATURE.”

EVEN COUPLES MARRIED FOR DECADES WHO RAISED CHILDREN AND WERE PILLARS OF THE COMMUNITY, AND WHO EXHIBITED LITTLE OR NO DISCORD, CAN GET ANNULMENTS WHEN ONE OR BOTH PARTIES BECOME DISSATISFIED AND FILE FOR DIVORCE.

IT MAKES IT SO THAT, INSTEAD OF MARRIAGE BEING INDISSOLUBLE, IT IS VIRTUALLY IMPOSSIBLE TO HAVE AN INDISSOLUBLE MARRIAGE.

All marriages have rocky periods or one or both partners with some psychological shortcoming. Thus, no marriage is really valid, with the way the law is interpreted now] Some Church tribunals—particularly in the US—have interpreted that canon liberally to mean that a marriage can be annulled if the parties show any signs of psychological problems.[Any signs.......think about that]

NOTING THAT VERY FEW PEOPLE ARE ENTIRELY FREE OF PSYCHOLOGICAL PROBLEMS, POLISH BISHOP ANTONI STANKIEWICZ, DEAN OF THE ROMAN ROTA, THE VATICAN COURT THAT HANDLES MOST MARRIAGE CASES STANKIEWICZ SUGGESTED THAT THE CANON SHOULD BE UNDERSTOOD TO REFER TO PSYCHOLOGICAL PROBLEMS SERIOUS ENOUGH TO PREVENT SOMEONE FROM GIVING PROPER CONSENT IN A MARITAL VOW.

“We must reaffirm the innate human capacity to marry,” he said.

Nothing is likely to happen until the Canon Law is reformed, and it will be a darned long row to hoe after that.

Another element of this trend in tribunal conduct is that, based on their use of psychological problems like immaturity, depression, mania, etc., as grounds for divorce, it can and has been argued that EVERYONE with those problems is not validly married. SUCH LIBERAL INTERPRETATIONS HAVE, THUS, MADE A MOCKERY OF THE SACRAMENT.

Since: Sep 09

Prince George, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 29, 2013

OldJG wrote:
A ROMAN MIRACLE
The World’s Sixteen Crucified Saviors … Christianity before Christ, by Kersey Graves … first published in 1875.

Pagan Miracles

As the whole pathway of religious history is thickly bestudded with miracles wrought in all ages and countries, and every page of the oriental bibles and religious books is literally loaded down with the relation of these marvelous prodigies said to have been wrought by their Gods, Demigods, and crucified Saviors, it places a writer in a quandary to know were to begin to make a selection.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 29, 2013

Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
No protestant has ever answered my question, you included.
I have posted my testimony on this and other forums....many times..do you want to see it again???

If you do...and I do...will you do the same???

“Greatest Love”

Since: Aug 08

For His Creation

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 29, 2013

Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
Right, God created Adam and Eve....and everything else....that's what the Church says. Again, what's your point?
6000 years. Is that in human years or God's years?
Look at that site again ..under the Catholic position ..human evolution

THat is nothing like what the bible says about creating Adam .

Nothing in the bible about us coming from other biological forms .

We did not slither out of the ooze..to them be descended from monkey ancestors or whatever junk is coming out of science these,days,

You folks say it's the same because your Church is doing a verbal dance with science ...which came straight FRIM those who deny G is created us,..You all mix it in then say God created us that way .out if other biological forms,

I know this stuff has been in the schools for a while ..But even Darwin is not believed by many .

A theory is changeable..Faith in the Truth of the bible is not.

And your Church is doing what you all accuse us of..changing its interpretation of the Truth .

That is nit my bible nor my CATECHISM for that matter .
Nor what the nuns taught me .

And if your nuns and priests teach you different now..That proves my point..changing interpretation of SCRIPTURE.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 29, 2013

Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
I assume you're in favor of rescinding the statute of limitations. Huge surprise there. Maybe they should confiscate all Catholic Church holdings, erect concentration camps for Catholic priests and bishops, and have all Catholics take oaths rejecting the faith or face deportation to Rome?
How could they find their way back to Rome or to the concentration camps, if they didn't have a head??

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 29, 2013

confrinting with the word wrote:
who=" Anthony MN"
They were civil awards. They wouldn't face criminal charges because the statute of limitations had expired. The guilty priests are dead, incarcerated or no longer priests. All accusations are now (and have been for several years) immediately referred to the police and the priest suspended and removed from any contact with laity.
There are no such rules in most protestant denominations and for the most part they don't keep records or notify other communities if they move on. That's still a problem.
Our group has strong measures for dealing with such people. They will lose their licenses.
I have news paper accounts of priests who have been transferred to another parish...and they were not removed from contact with laity.
I'm sorry. I know that it is a painful matter, but I don't believe that you are getting the truth.
KayMarie
They play Ring Around the Roses with them....they transfer them from parish to parish...plus they have "sanctuaries" galore to hid them...one is not more than three miles from my house...
truth

Perth, Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 29, 2013

paul saul jame jame=graveyards of many

now

by by by
truth

Perth, Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 29, 2013

evil wicket crime
liked be unpunished
but evil is evil
evil liked accuse others with law simple play law game..
Are you for sure I am wrong?
no i am not wrong..

definitely not

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 29, 2013

Judged:

hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
The Catholic Church "does not"(intentionally) ordain homosexual priests, today or in the past! The few Homosexuals that are left "snuck in" (under the radar) 40+ years ago in the "ask don't tell generation"! Today, the door has been purposely "slammed shut" on the ordaining of gays!! You "fundamental Protestants" now have seminaries "established" to welcome them in with "open arms" AGAIN--as you bible only "fundies" continue to re-interpreting, mis-interpreting and twisting the original interpretation of bible verses (42,000+ different ways) in order to become more "politically correct" in promoting immorality and perverted sin in your liberal Protestant groups!!
You do not believe that priests are called by God to the clergy??????

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 29, 2013

June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Wow those are powerful scriptures ... but why aren't you following god's commands to kill others??? Are you being naughty ... not nice?
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>
Any person who curseth his mother or father, must be killed.(Leviticus 20:9)
If a man cheats on his wife, or vise versa, both the man and the woman must die.(Leviticus 20:10).
If a man sleeps with his father's wife... both him and his father's wife is to be put to death.(Leviticus 20:11)
If a man sleeps with his wife and her mother they are all to be burnt to death.(Leviticus 20:14)
If a man or woman has sex with an animal, both human and animal must be killed.(Leviticus 20:15-16).
If a man has sex with a woman on her period, they are both to be "cut off from their people" (Leviticus 20:18)
Psychics, wizards, and so on are to be stoned to death.(Leviticus 20:27)
If a priest's daughter is a whore, she is to be burnt at the stake.(Leviticus 21:9)
People who have flat noses, or is blind or lame, cannot go to an altar of God (Leviticus 21:17-18)
Anyone who curses or blasphemes God, should be stoned to death by the community.(Leviticus 24:14-16)
June, I had a strictly Platonic relationship with a sheep years back.She was a female so we don't have a same sex issue there.However we weren't of the same religious affiliation so that could be a problem.Am I in the clear???
truth

Perth, Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 29, 2013

my neighbors is not far away nooooooooooooo

spy too

wicket too
doors opening too
klap klap invisible spirits too
yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee eeeeeeeeee

i am still alive

is that crime be alive
according wicket satanic people yessssssssssssss
byyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy

DNF

“Liberty AND Justice”

Since: Apr 07

Born in Newark, Ohio

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 29, 2013

G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
That would get you executed by the church until a few decades ago.
It still can, though the Church would make sure they had plausible deniability like they are now doing in Russia Georgia and many other areas where priests are leading riots against SSM. Look a Zimbabwe.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 29, 2013

Judged:

hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
This entire "hodge podge" of anti-catholic rif-raf of yours Oxbow is nothing but the same old "bible only Protestant Polluted Pot of Propaganda" that I heard for over 35 years as a bible only Protestant. It is laced with (self-opininated) sola scriptura distorted myths and fictitious Church History that you "fundies" are indoctrinated (into), and have become (experts at) of which you bible verse "gun-slingers" just MAKE UP as you go along!!----FURTHERMORE---the Greek word for Church is "ecclesia" which refers to the visible, heiarchical, authoritative Church ---NOT---an invisible, ethereal body of believers loosely connected by faith in the bible alone. There was no bible when the Apostles manuscripts, letters, documents and parchments were translated by the Early Church Fathers in the 4th century. Jesus Christs One True (Universal-Catholic) Church came over 350 years "before" the bible was even written (BY THE EARLY CHURCH FATHERS( in 382,393,397 AD.
There is "absolutely -NO WAY" that the Early Church Fathers would
define the One True Catholic Church of Jesus Christ in ANY OTHER MANNER or in ANY OTHER FORM OF PROPER AND CORRECT TRANSLATION ----other than heirarchical and authoritative, because THAT is EXACTLY what the Churches in the New Testament (beginning with Antioch) were: heirarchical and authoritative with Bishops, Priests, Elders and Deacons (VISIBLE). EVERY ONE OF THEM---Corinth, Thessalonica, Ephesus, Collosus, Philippi, Galatia and on and on--were ALL hierarchical and authoritative, headed by the Apostoles of Jesus as Bishop who were the teachers and leaders of the Christians in these Churches!!---ALL in Acts 2!!!!!!! Paul (himself) confirms it in I Timothy 3:15 When he calls "THE CHURCH,(not the bible) the pillar, pinnacle and foundation of the TRUTH
Your "modernistic Protestant history translation" are nothing but "bogus, distorted and are a "twisted and perverted" series of bible only Protestant lies....... Matthew 16:13-21 has, is and will continue to remain the One True Apostolic Catholic Church, established, initiated and formed by Jesus Christ HIMSELF---and over 2000 years of PROVEN and AUTHENTICATED TRUE CHURCH HISTORY---"confirm it"!!!!
You have just called your pope a liar!!! Quote: "FURTHERMORE---the Greek word for Church is "ecclesia" which refers to the visible, heiarchical, authoritative Church

From your pope approved NABre:Church: this word (Greek ekkl&#275;sia) occurs in the gospels only here and in Mt 18:17 (twice). There are several possibilities for an Aramaic original. Jesus’ church means the community that he will gather and that, like a building, will have Peter as its solid foundation. That function of Peter consists in his being witness to Jesus as the Messiah, the Son of the living God.

DNF

“Liberty AND Justice”

Born in Newark, Ohio

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 29, 2013

Judged:

ReginaM wrote:
<quoted text>
There is only one Baltimore Catechism, Rose, and it says that God is our Creator. There have been several editions of the Catechism over the many years of The Church's 2,000 year old history starting with the Didache ca. 70 A.D.
The Catechism today, as the Catechism from 55 years ago, states that God is our Creator. There have been no changes in our teachings. Doctrine cannot be changed. You should have learned that first and foremost. This is what we believe today and have always believed:
I believe in one God,
the Father almighty,
maker of heaven and earth,
of all things visible and invisible.
I believe in one Lord Jesus Christ,
the Only Begotten Son of God,
born of the Father before all ages.
God from God, Light from Light,
true God from true God,
begotten, not made, consubstantial with the Father;
through him all things were made.
For us men and for our salvation
he came down from heaven,
and by the Holy Spirit was incarnate of the Virgin Mary,
and became man.
For our sake he was crucified under Pontius Pilate,
he suffered death and was buried,
and rose again on the third day
in accordance with the Scriptures.
He ascended into heaven
and is seated at the right hand of the Father.
He will come again in glory
to judge the living and the dead
and his kingdom will have no end.
I believe in the Holy Spirit, the Lord, the giver of life,
who proceeds from the Father and the Son,
who with the Father and the Son is adored and glorified,
who has spoken through the prophets.
I believe in one, holy, catholic and apostolic Church.
I confess one Baptism for the forgiveness of sins
and I look forward to the resurrection of the dead
and the life of the world to come. Amen.
(I've never heard of an internet web site having an Imprimatur, lol. Are you sure you heard right?) Evolution when properly understood within the context of Christian teaching is not at odds with Scripture. All creation comes from God. I've not read anything to the contrary so far.
You said doctrine can't be changed but it can and has happened many times in the RCC.

Pope Benedict: In 1981, he settled in Rome when he became Prefect of the Congregation for the Doctrine of the Faith, one of the most important dicasteries of the Roman Curia.

During that time he helped shape the new view of gays and lesbians by the Catholic Faith. Under John Paul II he helped change the idea of homosexuality from an inherent sin to the ACT being sinful not the person or their state of being.

My partner was catholic and when he died he wanted to be cremated. His family were fairly traditional and some worried that destroying his body by fire would deny him resurrection in the Rapture. They were afraid the church would not allow him to be interred in holy ground. They were not aware that the Church had changed it's stance on cremation. It's amazing to me that it was his desire to be cremated that they feared the church would object to and not the fact that he was gay and my husband (we never married in any open ceremony. We exchanged vows on evening before God).

I am also allowed to be interred next to him even though I am not Catholic.(One of my sisters had converted so that was my way in).

Just wanted to share part of my experience with the RCC and their rules.

DNF

“Liberty AND Justice”

Born in Newark, Ohio

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 29, 2013

June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you believe that the god in that movie is trying to tell other people that they should all belong to your specific Christian religion so they can spend eternity with a Jew???
I don't know why you have to be so condescending but I'll answer. I don't subscribe to a specific "christian religion". I am a theosophical diest Unitarian Universalist Christian Buddhist.

I posted that because I think it demonstrates how much harm and anguish arguing over this stuff causes. I was raised Presbyterian and taught that Christianity is about the Golden Rule. My mom told me something I still carry with me when I was five and asked some very adult questions about faith, re-incarnation, the RCC and our church.

Church is where religion dwells. Your heart is where God dwells.

Oh and since I know you like controversy, have you asked others what BIble the early Christians used for the 300 years prior to Constantine?

“Greatest Love”

Since: Aug 08

For His Creation

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 29, 2013

DNF wrote:
<quoted text>You said doctrine can't be changed but it can and has happened many times in the RCC.
Pope Benedict: In 1981, he settled in Rome when he became Prefect of the Congregation for the Doctrine of the Faith, one of the most important dicasteries of the Roman Curia.
During that time he helped shape the new view of gays and lesbians by the Catholic Faith. Under John Paul II he helped change the idea of homosexuality from an inherent sin to the ACT being sinful not the person or their state of being.
My partner was catholic and when he died he wanted to be cremated. His family were fairly traditional and some worried that destroying his body by fire would deny him resurrection in the Rapture. They were afraid the church would not allow him to be interred in holy ground. They were not aware that the Church had changed it's stance on cremation. It's amazing to me that it was his desire to be cremated that they feared the church would object to and not the fact that he was gay and my husband (we never married in any open ceremony. We exchanged vows on evening before God).
I am also allowed to be interred next to him even though I am not Catholic.(One of my sisters had converted so that was my way in).
Just wanted to share part of my experience with the RCC and their rules.
Didn't know,Catholics believed in the rapture .

But anyway on creation..good they changed..though it wouldn't matter IMO..I mean Jesus can find the bodies burned up all together in plane wrecks and the TOWERS..if people burned up in any manner ..I am sure Our Saviour can find cremated folks for Resurrection.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 29, 2013

Hojo.....why are you not responding!!!!????

hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
You "fundies" just continue to "make up things" as usual which comes as no surprise to "any of us Catholics"! Have you ever heard or read Pope Francis' homilies OR Pope Benedict OR EVEN Pope John Paul II. Obviously not! Because if you had, you would not be spreading the "same old" bible only Protestant" lies and deliberate deception that are "par for the course" with you bible only "fundies"...... ALL three of those Popes have CONSISTENTLY proclaimed, professed and preached Salvation in Jesus Christ through HIS life, death and resurrection, uniting all faiths in the Body and Blood of Jesus......Unfortunately, you bible only "fundies" are so (stuck on anti-catholicism) and your "half-truth, half-heresy" (Christianity????) that the ENTIRE BASIS of your bible only beliefs is TOTALLY DEPENDENT upon attacking and ripping, over 2000 years of the historical and biblical TRUTH of Jesus Christ and His One (and only one) TRUE Apostolic Catholic. Church.

You, evidently, are a saved Catholic...please share with us your testimony....quote Scripture that led you to being saved...your baptizing...

DNF

“Liberty AND Justice”

Born in Newark, Ohio

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 29, 2013

June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
But my guess is ... you believe that your interpretation of what the bible means to you is what it should mean to others, if only they were as wise as you.
And you'd be wrong.
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>Home mental digestion of those words is based on the same arrogance as is the arrogance of those that congregate in groups, and my guess is you are certain that you will be saved and others will spend eternity in hell.
It most always ends up that the story told favors the believer.
Good point. But you ignore mine. A person's faith. spiritual beliefs and spiritual development are between them and God.

And though you insist you are an atheist now you pull the same thing you just accused me of.

I have no problem with people believing differently than I do. From reading your posts on this thread I can't say the same about you.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 450,821 - 450,840 of529,584
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••