Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

Full story: CBC News 548,518
The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ. Full Story
truth

Perth, Australia

#467130 Jul 29, 2013
https://www.google.com.au/search...
irud is there far aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
moj irude koje rude dal da bude rude or not rude rud

just a minite
all of them are within
yepppppppppppppppppppppppppppp

o geeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee eee
they are rich

someone as poor bless with less
hiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii iii

goodddddddddddddddd

we will seeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
truth

Perth, Australia

#467131 Jul 29, 2013
is there timi dimi
o geeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
who

marge
its prison for souls
yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

-light is light
-darkness is darkness
truth

Perth, Australia

#467132 Jul 29, 2013
money can print anyone
geeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

marge
gate
its prison where poor souls

-light is light
-darkness is darkness
truth

Perth, Australia

#467133 Jul 29, 2013
ailseleci celese
jaaaaaaaaaaaaaa cecacecicocuuuuuuuuuu

marge
gate=prison for souls

remember
-light is light
-darkness is darkness

money can print anybody

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

#467134 Jul 29, 2013
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
They were civil awards. They wouldn't face criminal charges because the statute of limitations had expired. The guilty priests are dead, incarcerated or no longer priests. All accusations are now (and have been for several years) immediately referred to the police and the priest suspended and removed from any contact with laity.
There are no such rules in most protestant denominations and for the most part they don't keep records or notify other communities if they move on. That's still a problem.
==========

CNN

Hartford, Connecticut (CNN)-- A bill in Connecticut's legislature that would remove the statute of limitations on child sexual abuse cases has sparked a fervent response from the state's Roman Catholic bishops, who released a letter to parishioners Saturday imploring them to oppose the measure.

Under current Connecticut law, sexual abuse victims have 30 years past their 18th birthday to file a lawsuit. The proposed change to the law would rescind that statute of limitations.

The Catholic archdiocese of Hartford also published a pulpit announcement on its Web site, which was to be read during Mass on Sunday, urging parishioners to express opposition to the bill.

The bill has been revised to address some of the church's concerns about frivolous abuse claims against it, according to Connecticut state Rep. Beth Bye, one of the bill's sponsors.

"They were worried about frivolous lawsuits and so we made the bar high," Bye said.

The bill does not target the Catholic Church, she said.

The bishops' letter raised concerns that the bill would allow claims that are 70 years or older, in which "key individuals are deceased, memories have been faded, and documents and other evidence have been lost." The letter said that the majority of cases would be driven by "trial lawyers hoping to profit from these cases.
truth

Perth, Australia

#467135 Jul 29, 2013
hodzopodzo
hojo pojo papaja is very nice fruit

see symbols=lots of nice oh as loly poli
od cuke i macke da stavis sapu vidio bio drago lipo drago kamenje
hojic polic solic=ne soli pamet ima pripametni previse

“Unadulterated Grace - Rom 11:6”

Since: Jul 13

Chicagoland

#467136 Jul 29, 2013
Smith's Bible Dictionary goes on to say, "further,
there is no reason why the word should have
passed into these two languages rather than into
the Latin. The Roman Church was, in its origin, a
Greek community and it introduced the Greek
word for Church into the Latin tongue. But this
word was not 'Church'(or dominicum ), it was
' ekklesia ."

Since: Feb 12

Location hidden

#467137 Jul 29, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
The Protestant Clergy Sex Abuse Pattern
But because this country is predominantly Protestant, more children are abused by Protestant ministers than by Catholic priests. In 1990, the Freedom from Religion Foundation issued a study on pedophilia by clergy. At that time, two clergy per week were being arrested in North America for sex crimes against children. Fifty-eight percent of them were Protestant.
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/valerie-tarico/...
when posting links they must be reputable...

“Unadulterated Grace - Rom 11:6”

Since: Jul 13

Chicagoland

#467138 Jul 29, 2013
Lidellan's Scott's Greek English Lexicon confirms
that the origins of the word "church" is shrouded
in mystery. On defining the word " Klukos " which
is one of the words church comes from, it says,
"Of or for a lord or master (speaking of a secular
lord). Assumed to be original of the Teutonic kirk,
kirche , or church, but how this Greek name came
to be adopted by the northern nations rather than
the Roman name or Greek name ekklesia has not
been satisfactorily explained."

Since: Sep 09

Quesnel, Canada

#467139 Jul 29, 2013
The World’s Sixteen Crucified Saviors … Christianity before Christ, by Kersey Graves … first published in 1875.

Pagan Miracles

The famous historian Pausanias states upon current authority that Esculapius raised several persons from the dead, and names Hippolytus among the number, and then points to a stone monument erected as a proof of the occurrence—thus furnishing, according to Christian logic, the most conclusive proof of one of the most astounding miracles ever wrought. And yet no philosopher or man of science in this age can credit the literal truth to that story.

Quesnel, Canada

#467140 Jul 29, 2013
Seraphima wrote:
<quoted text>when posting links they must be reputable...
OH!!! Well, would that be Catholic sites or Protestants sites that you believe are credible?

:)
OldJG

Rockford, IL

#467141 Jul 29, 2013
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
I WAS,commenting to her comment ..on the news tonite..though the news can be wrong ..they said the Pope wants,to make great changes including letting divorced people receive the sacraments..And to let women have of a bigger part in church life ..But not to become priests.
That's what they said..Not me..and I assume we will learn more about it in the future
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
The "news" is wrong, or you heard it wrong.
Divorced and remarried Catholics can still receive some of the sacraments, but not the Eucharist. He can't just issue a change to that, no pope can. He's not a protestant preacher.
Why are they denied the "eucharist"? What is the purpose?

Location hidden

#467142 Jul 29, 2013
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't really care where you look.
okie oke...I will look at the orthodox site cause I know that's where I will find the truth...Thank you for being honest!

Location hidden

#467143 Jul 29, 2013
okie dokie

Location hidden

#467144 Jul 29, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
OH!!! Well, would that be Catholic sites or Protestants sites that you believe are credible?
oh I post repeat what clay told me about posting links.They have to come from a credible source...I was joking with you..
Anthony MN

Andover, MN

#467145 Jul 29, 2013
Hermeneutics Smutics wrote:
<quoted text>==========
CNN
Hartford, Connecticut (CNN)-- A bill in Connecticut's legislature that would remove the statute of limitations on child sexual abuse cases has sparked a fervent response from the state's Roman Catholic bishops, who released a letter to parishioners Saturday imploring them to oppose the measure.
Under current Connecticut law, sexual abuse victims have 30 years past their 18th birthday to file a lawsuit. The proposed change to the law would rescind that statute of limitations.
The Catholic archdiocese of Hartford also published a pulpit announcement on its Web site, which was to be read during Mass on Sunday, urging parishioners to express opposition to the bill.
The bill has been revised to address some of the church's concerns about frivolous abuse claims against it, according to Connecticut state Rep. Beth Bye, one of the bill's sponsors.
"They were worried about frivolous lawsuits and so we made the bar high," Bye said.
The bill does not target the Catholic Church, she said.
The bishops' letter raised concerns that the bill would allow claims that are 70 years or older, in which "key individuals are deceased, memories have been faded, and documents and other evidence have been lost." The letter said that the majority of cases would be driven by "trial lawyers hoping to profit from these cases.
I assume you're in favor of rescinding the statute of limitations. Huge surprise there. Maybe they should confiscate all Catholic Church holdings, erect concentration camps for Catholic priests and bishops, and have all Catholics take oaths rejecting the faith or face deportation to Rome?

Location hidden

#467146 Jul 29, 2013
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
Um, yeah it does.
um, no it don't....
Anthony MN

Andover, MN

#467147 Jul 29, 2013
OldJG wrote:
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
I WAS,commenting to her comment ..on the news tonite..though the news can be wrong ..they said the Pope wants,to make great changes including letting divorced people receive the sacraments..And to let women have of a bigger part in church life ..But not to become priests.
That's what they said..Not me..and I assume we will learn more about it in the future
<quoted text>
Why are they denied the "eucharist"? What is the purpose?
It's really none of your business.
OldJG

Rockford, IL

#467148 Jul 29, 2013
A ROMAN MIRACLE

A pretty maid, a Protestant, was to a Catholic wed; To love all Bible truths and tales, quite early she's been bred. It sorely grieved her husband's heart that she would not comply,
And join the Mother Church of Rome and heretics deny.

So day by day he flattered her, but still she saw no good. Would ever come from bowing down to idols made of wood. The Mass, the host, the miracles, were made but to deceive; And transubstantiation, too, she'd never dare believe.

He went to see his priest and told him his sad tale. "My wife is an unbeliever, sir; you can perhaps prevail; For all your Romish miracles my wife has strong aversion, To really work a miracle may lead to her conversion."

The priest went with the gentleman-he thought to gain a prize. He said, "I will convert her, sir, and open both her eyes." So when they came into the house, the husband loudly cried, The priest has come to dine with us!" “He's welcome," she replied.

And when, at last. the meal was o'er, the priest at once began, To teach his hostess all about the sinful state of man; The greatness of our Savior's love, which Christians can't deny, To give Himself a sacrifice and for our sins to die.

"I will return tomorrow, lass, prepare some bread and wine; The sacramental miracle will stop your soul's decline." "I'll bake the bread," the lady said.“You may," he did reply, "And when you've seen this miracle, convinced you'll be, say I."

The priest did come accordingly, the bread and wine did bless. The lady asked,“Sir, is it changed?" The priest answered, "Yes. It's changed from common bread and wine to truly flesh and blood; Begorra, lass, this power of mine has changed it into God!"

So having blessed the bread and wine, to eat they did prepare. The lady said unto the priest.“I WARN YOU TO TAKE CARE, FOR HALF AN OUNCEOF ARSENIC WAS MIXED RIGHT IN THE BATTER, BUT SINCE YOU HAVE ITS NATURE CHANGED IT CANNOT REALLY MATTER.

The priest was struck real dumb-he looked as pale as death. The bread and wine fell from his hands and he began to gasp for breath. "Bring me my horse!" the priest cried, "This is a cursed home!" The lady replied,“Begone it is you who shares the curse of Rome."

The husband, too, he sat surprised, and not a word did say. At length he spoke,“My dear," said he,“the priest has run away; To gulp such mummery and tripe, I'm not for sure, quite able; I'll go with you and we'll renounce this Roman Catholic fable."

– Author unknown

Quesnel, Canada

#467149 Jul 29, 2013
Free Grace 7 wrote:
Lidellan's Scott's Greek English Lexicon confirms
that the origins of the word "church" is shrouded
in mystery. On defining the word " Klukos " which
is one of the words church comes from, it says,
"Of or for a lord or master (speaking of a secular
lord). Assumed to be original of the Teutonic kirk,
kirche , or church, but how this Greek name came
to be adopted by the northern nations rather than
the Roman name or Greek name ekklesia has not
been satisfactorily explained."
One thing seems certain. The word "church" never derived from the word "Temple."

>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >

Words used for the church in the New Testament

This word was commonly used to refer to a holy place or temple.

See more at: http://www.xenos.org/classes/um1-1a.htm#sthas...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) 1 hr In Question 8,513
Pope Francis leaves the beatification ceremony ... 17 hr Belle Sexton 11
Selfies with Pope Francis cardboard cutouts pop... Sat ELIAS IBARRA 6
Catholic bishops take first step toward accepta... Oct 16 Mychihuahuawillbite 2
Pope Francis shows strong, unique leadership fo... Oct 15 Gremlin 2
Gradualism and Holiness Oct 15 RevKen 1
The Pope's Criticism Of Capitalism Has One Weal... (Jan '14) Oct 10 QUITTNER Oct 10 2014 8

Pope Benedict XVI People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE