Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 687263 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

“GOD SO LOVED US”

Since: Aug 08

He Gave His SON,JESUS Christ

#467318 Jul 30, 2013
Dust Storm wrote:
<quoted text>
Discrediting the Black Legend brings up the sticky subject of revisionism. Re-investigating history is only invalid if it puts an agenda ahead of reality. The experts once true believers in the Inquisition myth were not out to do a feminist canonization of Isabella or claim that Tomas de Torquemada was a Marxist. Henry Kamen of the Higher Council for Scientific Research in Barcelona said on camera that researching the Inquisition's archives "demolished the previous image all of us historians) had."
Inquisition pale in comparison to the 150,000 documented witch burnings elsewhere in Europe over the same centuries.
And the future of the Black Legend? For many it may continue to hold more weight than reality.
http://www.catholiceducation.org/articles/his...
http://www.youtube.com/playlist... BBC/A&E Myths of the Inquistion
http://www.catholicapologetics.info/apologeti...
SAINT

http://moralcompassblog.com/2013/04/11/thomas...

Since: Jan 08

Location hidden

#467319 Jul 30, 2013
Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
I clicked the first 5 links to each individuals situation and all dealt with some form of sexual offense against children.
The site dealt with SBC predators.
why do you want to lie constantly? I googled them as YOU DIDNT. the third person was caught using a computer involving cyber sex with YOUNG WOMEN.

the first person was sent to jail and had a 24 million dollar bond. how many catholics are under jail arrest with that type of bond?

Location hidden

#467320 Jul 30, 2013
I GET so SICK OF SEEING THE catholics, LIKE DAN,AND CLAY LYING ON THIS FORUM THAT IT MAKES ME WANT TO PUKE
Cracker

Prescott Valley, AZ

#467321 Jul 30, 2013
How many murder victims could have been saved by Gods grace? But they weren't.

How many raped children could have been saved by Gods grace? But they weren't.

How many fire victims could have been saved by Gods grace? But they weren't.

How many dismembered victims could have been saved by Gods grace? But they weren't.

How many auto accident fatalities could have been prevented by Gods grace? But they weren't.

How many church sex abuse victims could have been saved by Gods grace? But they weren't.

How many starving people in the world could be saved by Gods grace? But they weren't.

How many pedophile priests could have been kept out of the church by Gods grace? But they weren't.

How many Jews could have been saved by Gods grace during the holocaust? But they weren't.

How many people could have been saved by Gods grace on 9-11? But they weren't.

How many soldiers could have been saved by Gods grace in all the wars to date? But they weren't.

Why is God absent at the most important times in history?

And at all other times too?
Cracker

Prescott Valley, AZ

#467322 Jul 30, 2013
What is the definition of God?

The catholic church recognizes God to be beyond human understanding, which would be requisite for a definition.

How convenient. Why the secrecy I ask?
Cracker

Prescott Valley, AZ

#467323 Jul 30, 2013
If the resurrection was true then why isn't Jesus answering prayers like it says in the bible?

Why don't priests gather together every Sunday morning and pray to Jesus for the money they need? Why doesn't Jesus answer their prayers? Why do churches have to hit up parishioners every Sunday, sometimes twice, when there is an all powerful God who can provide anything they ask for? Just like it says in the bible. Mark 11:24: "Therefore I tell you, whatever you ask in prayer, believe that you have received it, and it will be yours."

Why isn't the house of the lord self sustaining? There is only one reason.
Dan

Omaha, NE

#467324 Jul 30, 2013
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
Last call.....heterosexuals have been known to have sex with the opposite sex that are not legally an adult....that makes not a pedophile.....
I find no site on the net that speaks of pedophile SBC Pastors...but, I found sites that reported 7095 pedophile Catlick priests!!!!
LOLOL.

It's statutory rape at the least.

I'll take the point here, Ox.
Dan

Omaha, NE

#467325 Jul 30, 2013
atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>why do you want to lie constantly? I googled them as YOU DIDNT. the third person was caught using a computer involving cyber sex with YOUNG WOMEN.
the first person was sent to jail and had a 24 million dollar bond. how many catholics are under jail arrest with that type of bond?
I looked at the first 4 or 5 links.

All dealt with sexual offenses of some sort involving children.

The site itself deals with sexual offenses against children within the SBC.

Sorry, but there it is. Anyone can look at it. Simply giving the lie to Oxbow's claim that no SBC ministers have been accused. He's lying and you're trying to cover his tracks for him.
New Age Spiritual Leader

United States

#467327 Jul 30, 2013
Rose - just wanted to let you know that a 13 yr old girl was raped by 13 men, and you maybe able to adopt an unwanted child in the coming months.
http://www.examiner.com/article/13-year-old-g...
After-all, you surely don't want this baby aborted, huh?
New Age Spiritual Leader

United States

#467328 Jul 30, 2013
Cracker wrote:
Here is one that was raped 13 times in one 24 hour period - and not once did "God" step in to stop it. Or even stop it by smiting the "evil doers". Or send an angel to smite the "evil doers".

But looking ont he bright side of this story, the 13-yr old girl may bcome pregnant, and be forced to have an unwanted child, because right-wing religionist think the baby is more important than that of the little girl's trauma or unfortunate life she has to live with from this day forth.

Just more assinined thinking connected to Christianity.

YEAH ROSE!! She will save the baby!!

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#467329 Jul 30, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Germany's top Protestant bishop faces DUI charges
Margot Kässmann, the head of the Evangelical Church in Germany and the country's most senior Protestant minister, faces DUI charges for allegedly registering three times over the legal limit for alcohol, the German media report.
http://content.usatoday.com/communities/ondea...
Sad...but thank God he is not connected to the SBC...
New Age Spiritual Leader

United States

#467330 Jul 30, 2013

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

"ISA 53:1.--6 "MATT 10:27"

#467331 Jul 30, 2013
Cracker wrote:
How many murder victims could have been saved by Gods grace? But they weren't.
How many fire victims could have been saved by Gods grace? But they weren't.
How many dismembered victims could have been saved by Gods grace? But they weren't.
How many auto accident fatalities could have been prevented by Gods grace? But they weren't.
How many church sex abuse victims could have been saved by Gods grace? But they weren't.
How many starving people in the world could be saved by Gods grace? But they weren't.
How many pedophile priests could have been kept out of the church by Gods grace? But they weren't.
How many Jews could have been saved by Gods grace during the holocaust? But they weren't.
How many people could have been saved by Gods grace on 9-11? But they weren't.
How many soldiers could have been saved by Gods grace in all the wars to date? But they weren't.
~~~

YOU ASK

It aint because God is absent..

It's because no one listens to Him...

and God will not violate the will of an individual.

~~~

For the Believer.... the Bible says...

Pro 3:1 My son, forget not my law; but let thine heart keep my commandments:

Pro 3:2 For length of days, and long life, and peace, shall they add to thee.

Pro 3:3 Let not mercy and truth forsake thee: bind them about thy neck;

write them upon the table of thine heart:

Pro 3:4 So shalt thou find favour and good understanding in the sight of God and man.

Pro 3:5 Trust in the LORD with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding.

Pro 3:6 In all thy ways acknowledge him, and he shall direct thy paths.

Pro 3:7 Be not wise in thine own eyes: fear the LORD, and depart from evil.

Pro 3:8 It shall be health to thy navel, and marrow to thy bones.

A DISOBEDIENT CHRISTIAN

AND

AN UNBELIEVER IS HIS OWN WORST ENEMY...

TO THE BELIEVER

Pro 3:24 When thou liest down, thou shalt not be afraid: yea, thou shalt lie down, and thy sleep shall be sweet.

Pro 3:25 Be not afraid of sudden fear, neither of the desolation

of the wicked, when it cometh.

Pro 3:26 For the LORD shall be thy confidence, and shall keep

thy foot from being taken.

“What are you looking at?”

Albuquerque, NM

#467332 Jul 30, 2013
Cracker wrote:
What is the definition of God?
The catholic church recognizes God to be beyond human understanding, which would be requisite for a definition.
How convenient. Why the secrecy I ask?
There is no secret that Christianity doesn't know anything about "God", because they don't.

Location hidden

#467333 Jul 30, 2013
Cracker wrote:
<quoted text>By all means, please take my presence here as GOSPEL that I am POSITIVELY, ABSOLUTELY, TRULY, WITHOUT ANY DOUBT OR RESERVATION WHATSOEVER committing blasphemeth against YOURS or ANY OTHER GOD. Now does that mean I must be killed for it? Am I to suffer for all eternity? Is that righteousness? Is that mercy? Is that love?
Is that how your all powerful and everliving god delivers his message?
Or for my sins is he going to create another holocaust. He is the creator after all.
Got it?
Thanks for proving my words...I have not found one atheist that is willing to make absolutely certain that he/she will spend eternity in Hell...so there is hope for them...things change...

Albuquerque, NM

#467334 Jul 30, 2013
confrinting with the word wrote:
<quoted text>
~~~
YOU ASK
~~~
Pro 3:4 So shalt thou find favour and good understanding in the sight of God and man.
Pro 3:5 Trust in the LORD with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding.
A DISOBEDIENT CHRISTIAN
AND
TO THE BELIEVER
Pro 3:24 When thou liest down, thou shalt not be afraid: yea, thou shalt lie down, and thy sleep shall be sweet.
I wonder if this little girl cried out to "God" when she was being abused sexually.

Do you think "God" just ignored her? Or maybe you think "God" didn't ignore her, but wanted her to learn a lesson.

What do you think "God" was doing during this horrendous 24 hour period.

We already have proof "God" didn't show up to help the girl.

So what say you?

http://www.examiner.com/article/more-than-a-d...

.....in a more truthful manner - you probably won't answer this post at all. If you do, it will be some twist and turn, huh?

Let's see how honest you can be here GiF....

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

"ISA 53:1.--6 "MATT 10:27"

#467335 Jul 30, 2013
YOU ASK

~~~

A DISOBEDIENT CHRISTIAN

AND

TO THE BELIEVER

~~~

AND AGAIN...

Jas 4:1 From whence come wars and fightings among you? come they not hence, even of your lusts that war in your members?

Jas 4:2 Ye lust, and have not: ye kill, and desire to have, and cannot obtain: ye fight and war, yet ye have not, because ye ask not.

Jas 4:3 Ye ask, and receive not, because ye ask amiss, that ye may consume it upon your lusts.

Jas 4:4 Ye adulterers and adulteresses, know ye not that the friendship of the world is enmity with God? whosoever therefore will be a friend of the world is the enemy of God.

Jas 4:5 Do ye think that the scripture saith in vain, The spirit that dwelleth in us lusteth to envy?

Jas 4:6 But he giveth more grace. Wherefore he saith, God resisteth the proud, but giveth grace unto the humble.

Jas 4:7 Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil, and he will flee from you.

Jas 4:8 Draw nigh to God, and he will draw nigh to you. Cleanse your hands, ye sinners; and purify your hearts, ye double minded.

Jas 4:9 Be afflicted, and mourn, and weep: let your laughter be turned to mourning, and your joy to heaviness.

Jas 4:10 Humble yourselves in the sight of the Lord, and he shall lift you up.
LTM

Marathon, Canada

#467336 Jul 30, 2013
New Age Spiritual Leader wrote:
<quoted text>
Here is one that was raped 13 times in one 24 hour period - and not once did "God" step in to stop it. Or even stop it by smiting the "evil doers". Or send an angel to smite the "evil doers".
But looking ont he bright side of this story, the 13-yr old girl may bcome pregnant, and be forced to have an unwanted child, because right-wing religionist think the baby is more important than that of the little girl's trauma or unfortunate life she has to live with from this day forth.
Just more assinined thinking connected to Christianity.
YEAH ROSE!! She will save the baby!!
Two wrongs never make a right, My heart goes out to all the children who have fallen victim, to rape weather it is once or many times it is not a experience they will live with all the lives. An abortion will add to that nightmare for the girl.
Because she will live with the guilt that she took a life.
What is a life worth to some not to much it seems.
LTM

Marathon, Canada

#467337 Jul 30, 2013
Cracker wrote:

----------
I am a victim saved by the Grace of God; God is bigger then everything.
If there was no God I would have had no hope for anything better, therefore I would not be here.

Albuquerque, NM

#467338 Jul 30, 2013
LTM wrote:
<quoted text>
Two wrongs never make a right, My heart goes out to all the children who have fallen victim, to rape weather it is once or many times it is not a experience they will live with all the lives. An abortion will add to that nightmare for the girl.
Because she will live with the guilt that she took a life.
What is a life worth to some not to much it seems.
Since we are just speculating.....why do you place more importance on the unborn baby?

"to rape weather it is once or many times it is not a experience they will live with all the lives."
- Wrong - yes they will.

Ex. My wife was date raped at the age of 14 - she still lives with the nightmare.

Stop playing this down. But I did notice, not once you didn't comment on why "God" allowed this to occur, if there was a "God".

Maybe you should consult the Bible for this occurrance. Please point me to where the Bible reference where a child is raped by 13 men, and what they are to do.

You so-called "Christians" are so self-righteous, is is very disheartening to even think you could be "Christian".

Your selfishness is beginning to show.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) Wed Kennedy 10,635
News Boston cardinal, Jewish leaders have Holocaust ... (Feb '09) Sep 19 Tom Fontaine 42
News Catholic clergy fires back after Bannon criticism Sep 11 South Knox Hombre 1
News Evangelical Trump supporters want meeting with ... Aug '17 Ms Sassy 1
News What Divides Catholics and Protestants? (Apr '08) Aug '17 -Prince Of Darkness- 84,839
News Pope 'loves China', Vatican official says on tr... Aug '17 Harold 2
News Pope Francis accepts resignation of Boston Auxi... Jul '17 Anti- 2
More from around the web