Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

Full story: CBC News 573,983
The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ. Full Story

“HAVE A BLESSED ”

Since: Aug 08

New Year

#467029 Jul 29, 2013
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
They confess their sins and receive forgiveness like any other sinner. He didn't say he wanted to change anything about reception of communion, he only said we need to talk about ways to minister to them better. Although, if the Catholic Church did decide to allow divorced and remarried persons to receive communion they'd be just like the Orthodox, so I'm not really sure why you're asking Sera as I assume she's all for it.
I WAS,commenting to her comment ..on the news tonite..though the news can be wrong ..they said the Pope wants,to make great changes including letting divorced people receive the sacraments..And to let women have of a bigger part in church life ..But not to become priests.

That's what they said..Not me..and I assume we will learn more about it in the future

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#467030 Jul 29, 2013
StarC wrote:
<quoted text>
Sorry but you are ignorant of the Holy Bible. You need to read the “WHOLE Bible” not just a verse here and there. Then and only then will you find all of your answers.
Exactly read those words again….
“whosoever shall marry her that is divorced commits adultery.” 5th commandment Thou shall not commit adultery !!!{hello!}
PRAYERS TO MARY and OTHER SAINTS.
Luke 1:28 [the Mary prayer in Scripture]
"And coming to her, he said,.".
Hail Mary full of Grace the Lord is with thee, Blessed are you among women and blessed is the fruit of thy womb, JESUS
READ YOUR BIBLE - The Saints lift up our prayers
Rev 5: 8, 1 Tim2: 1-4, Rev 8:3-4
PRAYERS TO THE DEAD
Bible books dropped by Martin Luther,
2 Mach. 12-46 [google it]
ORIGINAL SIN
"Scripture says that we are born sinners and that we are by nature sinners
Psalm 51:5 states that we all come into the world as sinners: "Behold, I was brought forth in iniquity, and in sin my mother conceived me." Ephesians 2:2 says that all people who are not in Christ are "sons of disobedience." Ephesians 2:3 also establishes
“this is MY FLESH which will be given up for me, who ever eats MY FLESH shall live forever”
READ YOUR BIBLE
John 6: 58-66 [this is you]
edited for space

A perfect example of Catlicks ignoring Scripture is:
But I say unto you, That whosoever shall put away his wife, saving for the cause of fornication, causeth her to commit adultery: and whosoever shall marry her that is divorced committeth adultery.

You Bible is trash...if that is what it says...Lu 1:28 And the angel came in unto her, and said, Hail, thou that art highly favoured, the Lord is with thee: blessed art thou among women.

Re 5:8 And when he had taken the book, the four beasts and four and twenty elders fell down before the Lamb, having every one of them harps, and golden vials full of odours, which are the prayers of saints.

saints:(Christian Religious Writings / Bible)(plural) Bible the collective body of those who are righteous in God's sight....

This says nothing about saints...
I exhort therefore, that, first of all, supplications, prayers, intercessions, and giving of thanks, be made for all men;
For kings, and for all that are in authority; that we may lead a quiet and peaceable life in all godliness and honesty
For this is good and acceptable in the sight of God our Saviour;
Who will have all men to be saved, and to come unto the knowledge of the truth.

And another angel came and stood at the altar, having a golden censer; and there was given unto him much incense, that he should offer it with the prayers of all saints upon the golden altar which was before the throne.
And the smoke of the incense, which came with the prayers of the saints, ascended up before God out of the angel's hand.

saints:(Christian Religious Writings / Bible)(plural) Bible the collective body of those who are righteous in God's sight....

2 Mach. 12-46 is not in the Bible...

I have already debunked to you the original sin lie..

I believe wholeheartedly the words of Christ:“this is MY FLESH which will be given up for me, who ever eats MY FLESH shall live forever”....but not in the literal sense as that teaches cannibalism..

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

"ISA 55:11--"MATT 10:27"

#467031 Jul 29, 2013
who="StarC"]<quot ed text>
Snipped for space.
Ha, ha, ha, Can't be any more pagan then the founder of your lil church, the adulteress drug addicted Aimee [the greater WHORE]. That is pagan to the MAX!!

~~~

MAX WHO?

THE FIRST PENTECOSTAL MESSAGE WAS PREACHED BY

THE APOSTLE PETER...EVER HEAR OF HIM

HE ...PREACHED...

Act 2:14 But Peter, standing up with the eleven, lifted up his voice, and said unto them, Ye men of Judaea, and all ye that dwell at Jerusalem, be this known unto you, and hearken to my words:

Act 2:15 For these are not drunken, as ye suppose, seeing it is but the third hour of the day.

Act 2:16 But this is that which was spoken by the prophet Joel;

Act 2:17 And it shall come to pass in the last days, saith God, I will pour out of my Spirit upon all flesh: and your sons and your daughters shall prophesy, and your young men shall see visions, and your old men shall dream dreams:

Act 2:18 And on my servants and on my handmaidens I will pour out in those days of my Spirit; and they shall prophesy:

Act 2:19 And I will shew wonders in heaven above, and signs in the earth beneath; blood, and fire, and vapour of smoke
:
Act 2:20 The sun shall be turned into darkness, and the moon into blood, before that great and notable day of the Lord come:

-->NOTE WHAT PETER SAID

Act 2:21 --> And it shall come to pass, that whosoever shall call on the name of the Lord shall be saved.

(SOUNDS LIKE THE SAME THING THE APOSTLE PAUL SAID...

Rom 10:13 For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved.)

Act 2:22 Ye men of Israel, hear these words; Jesus of Nazareth, a man approved of God among you by miracles and wonders and signs, which God did by him in the midst of you, as ye yourselves also know:

Act 2:23 Him, being delivered by the determinate counsel and foreknowledge of God, ye have taken, and by wicked hands have crucified and slain:

JOHN BAPTIST SAID

Mat_3:11 I indeed baptize you with water unto repentance: but he that cometh after me is mightier than I, whose shoes I am not worthy to bear: he shall baptize you with the Holy Ghost, and with fire:

JESUS SAID...

Joh 14:16 And I will pray the Father, and he shall give you another Comforter,(THE HOLY GHOST) that he may abide with you for ever; (JUST HOW LONG IS FOREVER?..)

Joh 14:17 Even the Spirit of truth; whom the world cannot receive, because it seeth him not, neither knoweth him: but ye know him; for he dwelleth with you, and shall be in you.

WHOM YOU WORLDLY ROMAN CATHOLICS cannot receive, because YOU see him not, neither knoweth him:

but WE know him; for he dwelleth IN US and EVER shall BE

Anthony MN

Andover, MN

#467032 Jul 29, 2013
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
I know,Lucy was NOT HUMAN
Ahh but looking at that site ..man possibly was formed from other biological things,.
Baloney
GOD CREATED ADAM AND EVE .
And somewhere around,6000 years Anthony .
Right, God created Adam and Eve....and everything else....that's what the Church says. Again, what's your point?

6000 years. Is that in human years or God's years?

#467033 Jul 29, 2013
who="hojo"
Here is a partial list of your 42,000+ conflicting and contradicting "mish-mash" of inconsistent "PERSONAL OPINION" denominations since the beginning of the Reformation:

41,993. Confrinting
41,994. Orville
41,995. 4GVN
41,996. OLDJG
41,997. justachristian1
41,998. New Age
41,999. Marge
42,000. Whomever on this forum that we missed
ALL 42,000+ "half-truth' Christian denominations are contradictory to each other, conflicting to each other, and inconsistent with each other. ALL 42,000+ rely on "personal opinion" hodge-podge of editorialized beliefs and ALL have their own "self appointed popes and rely upon "inventing and creating" their own "modernistic" truth-- which is "predicated upon" and determined by "whichever way the political or social wind blows"---- supporting ABORTION, GAY MARRIAGE, EMBROYONIC STEM CELL RESEARCH, EUTHENASIA, HOMOSEXUALITY, WOMAN MINISTERS, and on and on and on.

Not a good time for this list, friend, as the current topics are about disagreement in the CC over homosexual 'priests'(?), and fellowship with Islam, etc.

At least the Protestant differences are about such simple things as baptism or sprinkling.(Most so-called Protestants who have accepted homosexuals are very formal groups...Episcopal, Presbyterian, etc..., more related to the CC, than to regular Protestants.)
truth

Perth, Australia

#467034 Jul 29, 2013
Why woman is subject in God hand?

Please dear God tell me!

Is every man honest?

What Jesus say ..why is man better?

Did our lovely God created man?

E.. i will give you gift?!

“OneLordOneFaith Eph4:5”

Since: Apr 08

Saint John Paul II Pray 4 Us.

#467035 Jul 29, 2013
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
Fine with me and you do not understand ..I do not HATE the CC.
I was,most disillusioned when I learned it's,history in the Middle
Ages. I was taught the CC was,every thing good in the world .
That it's,POPES were,infallible holy men.
That was,NOT always the case,..And its,sad that you all cannot admit
it
Your Blessed,Pope did and I think if anything is,responsible fir your church gaining believers,it was,HIS,honesty...And humility .
Just my opinion .
And as,I have shown more than once ..the bible's used by most CHRISTIANS,INCLUDING THE CC..say the same thing .
As fir bibles ..your church and the Church of England did nit even want them printed in language of the people .
I've said before this is one reason that freedom to worship as codified in this country.
So t her is,NO STATE,RELIGION as was in the Middle,ages ..intertwining Church and the monarchies.
Treating the,Pope and bishops as king and princes.
This is,not how,JESUS,intended His,CHURCH to be .
Not a temple with only the priests to tell us what God meant .
Peter was the servant of the people ..no one kissed his ring..he had none .
I'm glad,you all NOW have bible study
Maybe in a few generations,our churches churchrescan unite under JESUS,CHRIST not under an earthly king.
And the one POPE who wanted unity and was,humble enough to apologize fir all that was wrong ..You all ignore it deny what He said ...while canonizing him .
Her strange imo
But it is your church ..worship how you choose .
I do nit hate the CC.
SNIPPED FOR SPACE....

YOU WROTE

“. I was taught the CC was,every thing good in the world .
That it's,POPES were,infallible holy men.”[end Quote]

Your were taught but you did not listen.

“The doctrine of Papal Infallibility does not mean the Pope is always right in all his personal teachings. Catholics are quite aware that, despite his great learning, the Pope is very much a human being and therefore liable to commit human error. On some subjects, like sports and manufacturing, his judgment is liable to be very faulty. The doctrine simply means that the Pope is divinely protected from error when, acting in his official capacity as chief shepherd of the Catholic fold, he promulgates a decision which is binding on the conscience of all Catholics throughout the world. In other words, his infallibility is limited to his specialty– the Faith of Jesus Christ.

In order for the Pope to be infallible on a particular statement,

however, four conditions must apply:

1) he must be speaking ex cathedra ... that is, "from the Chair" of Peter, or in other words, officially, as head of the entire Church;

2) the decision must be for the whole Church;

3) it must be on a matter of faith or morals;

4) the Pope must have the intention of making a final decision on a teaching of faith or morals, so that it is to be held by all the faithful. It must be interpretive, not originative; the Pope has no authority to originate new doctrine. He is not the author of revelation – only its guardian and expounder. He has no power to distort a single word of Scripture, or change one iota of divine tradition. His infallibility is limited strictly to the province
of doctrinal interpretation, and it is used quite rarely. It is used in order to clarify, to "define," some point of the ancient Christian tradition. It is the infallibility of which Christ spoke when He said to Peter, the first Pope: "I will give to thee the keys of the kingdom of heaven. And whatsoever thou shalt bind upon earth, it shall be bound also in heaven." (Matt. 16:19). Certainly Christ would not have admonished His followers to "hear the church" (Matt. 18:17) without somehow making certain that what they heard was the truth – without somehow making the teaching magisterium of His Church infallible.”

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

#467036 Jul 29, 2013
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
They confess their sins and receive forgiveness like any other sinner. He didn't say he wanted to change anything about reception of communion, he only said we need to talk about ways to minister to them better. Although, if the Catholic Church did decide to allow divorced and remarried persons to receive communion they'd be just like the Orthodox, so I'm not really sure why you're asking Sera as I assume she's all for it.
Bada Boom Bada Bing

#467037 Jul 29, 2013
StarC wrote:
<quoted text>
OX, HOGWASH [lol]
"But we fell into sin and became sinful due to the sin of Adam."
This is why ALL Original Christian Churches baptize their young.
New man-made church like yours changed the rules.
The Apostles baptized "ALL the people" (Luke 3:21) and whole households (Act 16:15, 1 Cor. 1:16). Certainly "ALL the people" and whole "households" included infants. Christ must will it because He stated categorically that Baptism is a necessary prerequisite for salvation (John 3:5), and He certainly desires the salvation of infants. He must will it because the primitive Christian Church, which had fresh firsthand knowledge of His Will, baptized infants. In the ancient catacombs of Rome the inscriptions on the tombs of infants make mention of their having been baptized. One such inscription reads: "Here rests Archillia, a newly-baptized; she was one year and five months old."
~~~

SO YOU BELIEVE

Gen_3:20 And Adam called his wife's name (STEVE)Eve; because (HE)she was the (WHATEVER)mother of all living.

sO YOU BELIEVE THAT IN THE BEGINNING

Location hidden

#467038 Jul 29, 2013
hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
You are right!! I have, will always have it and there is no cure for it and so do the other 1.168+ billion Catholics around the world as well as the other Catholics on this forum. It is 2000 years of the historical and biblical PROVEN and AUTHEENTICATED TRUTH of Jesus Christ and His One (and only) One TRUE Apostolic Catholic Church,,,,,continuing to grow at the rate of 1.5% each and every year manifested in the truth, the faith and the Salvation of Jesus Christ HIMSELF.
What you got is stupidity...there is no cure..otherwise you would understand what your pope approved Bible is saying about your "one true apostolic catlick church"...

Christ built not any Christian denomination.....of which your cult is one of the biggest.

Quote: NABre: Jesus’ church means the community that he will gather and that, like a building, will have Peter as its solid foundation. That function of Peter consists in his being witness to Jesus as the Messiah, the Son of the living God.

From your pope approved Bible...you are saying it is a farce...the pope is a dope for approving it!!!!
truth

Perth, Australia

#467039 Jul 29, 2013
act 2;20
then i am mental whore according lawfull document of your law
Did I?

-then i see nothing exist
-no moon
-no star
-no sun
-nothing alive
-dead body stay on street
-not cat
-not dog
-no bird
-nothing
but buildings stay

i walk
i talk
i see..

its just one page
yep

Since: Feb 12

Location hidden

#467040 Jul 29, 2013
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
Your church already does already allow divorced people to receive communion.Your church just lies about the fact that hey were never married it the first place! What is better in the first place? A church that acknowledges that they WERE married and the marriage fail or a church that pretends NO MARRIAGE every took place..A LIEING CHURCH OR A CHURCH THAT TELLS THE TRUTH! PICK ONE!..LOL

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

#467041 Jul 29, 2013
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
Their "marriage" doesn't exist in the Church. Any sex outside of a marriage is a sin. Does the Orthodox Church allow gays to be members?
==========

The Orthodox Position
truth

Perth, Australia

#467042 Jul 29, 2013
then
someone say..verily verily i say to you until you not born again..you not save..
then
i am again mental whore according your law..
Did I?

then..i see about what
all of them who born again..yep
where?
in light..yep
but not for so long
jaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
they liked died but can't
opens wounds
they liked died but can't..
o ..Did you liked more page?

“HAVE A BLESSED ”

Since: Aug 08

New Year

#467043 Jul 29, 2013
Seraphima wrote:
<quoted text>"As The World Turns".....
Tune in tomorrow..well I did say I thought when I saw him.
That he just might change a lot of things

Or shake them up .

We shall see

And please don't put that liquid Nair in the neighbors

Sprinklers ..Lol
Anthony MN

Andover, MN

#467044 Jul 29, 2013
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
I WAS,commenting to her comment ..on the news tonite..though the news can be wrong ..they said the Pope wants,to make great changes including letting divorced people receive the sacraments..And to let women have of a bigger part in church life ..But not to become priests.
That's what they said..Not me..and I assume we will learn more about it in the future
The "news" is wrong, or you heard it wrong.

Divorced and remarried Catholics can still receive some of the sacraments, but not the Eucharist. He can't just issue a change to that, no pope can. He's not a protestant preacher.
Anthony MN

Andover, MN

#467045 Jul 29, 2013
Hermeneutics Smutics wrote:
<quoted text>Bada Boom Bada Bing
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =EO7cD6qmydoXX
Love that song.

#467046 Jul 29, 2013
confrinting with the word wrote:
<quoted text>
~~~
SO YOU BELIEVE
Gen_3:20 And Adam called his wife's name (STEVE)Eve; because (HE)she was the (WHATEVER)mother of all living.
sO YOU BELIEVE THAT IN THE BEGINNING
~~`~~`
IF GOD CREATED ADAM AND STEVE...WHERE DID YOU ROMAN CATHOLICS COME FROM?

“OneLordOneFaith Eph4:5”

Since: Apr 08

Saint John Paul II Pray 4 Us.

#467047 Jul 29, 2013
confrinting with the word wrote:
who="StarC"]<quot ed text>
Snipped for space.
Ha, ha, ha, Can't be any more pagan then the founder of your lil church, the adulteress drug addicted Aimee [the greater WHORE]. That is pagan to the MAX!!
~~~
MAX WHO?
THE FIRST PENTECOSTAL MESSAGE WAS PREACHED BY
THE APOSTLE PETER...EVER HEAR OF HIM
HE ...PREACHED...
Snipped for space.....

You wrote "MAX WHO?"

Speaking of the founder of your church, Aimee.
I wrote....
'Can't be any more pagan then the founder of your lil church, the adulteress drug addicted Aimee [the greater WHORE]. That is pagan to the MAX!!"

LOL. Max means "that is pagan to the maximun ??"

Maximum = largest amount or highest level reached: the largest amount or value or highest level that something variable can reach or reaches during a period

Do I have explain everything to you. I thought you were born 100 years ago.:D

#467048 Jul 29, 2013
who="Seraphima"Your church already does already allow divorced people to receive communion.Your church just lies about the fact that hey were never married it the first place! What is better in the first place? A church that acknowledges that they WERE married and the marriage fail or a church that pretends NO MARRIAGE every took place..A LIEING CHURCH OR A CHURCH THAT TELLS THE TRUTH! PICK ONE!..LOL

I can't imagine the pride of a group that would say that a man and woman who lived together, and produced children, were never married just because THEIR priest didn't lead them in a public commitment.

You are right...that is an outright lie.

KayMarie

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) 5 hr Cultastic 8,911
What Divides Catholics and Protestants? (Apr '08) 15 hr Maryc 83,955
Was Obama right about the Crusades and Islamic ... 23 hr Lawrence Wolf 2,021
Most Americans see combating climate change as ... Sun The Fact Is 2
Saudi effort to promote open society abroad in ... Feb 23 jinxi 3
9 Historical Events That Occurred on Christmas Day Feb 21 cupcake 1
Pope says Catholics must practice a responsible... Feb 20 amc 4
More from around the web