Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

Full story: CBC News

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Comments (Page 22,531)

Showing posts 450,601 - 450,620 of512,087
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:

“Greatest Love”

Since: Aug 08

For His Creation

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 28, 2013

ReginaM wrote:
<quoted text>
What "stamp of approval"?? lol
We are still taught that God created man in His image and likeness:
THE DIGNITY OF THE HUMAN PERSON
ARTICLE 1
MAN: THE IMAGE OF GOD
1701 "Christ,... in the very revelation of the mystery of the Father and of his love, makes man fully manifest to himself and brings to light his exalted vocation."2 It is in Christ, "the image of the invisible God,"3 that man has been created "in the image and likeness" of the Creator. It is in Christ, Redeemer and Savior, that the divine image, disfigured in man by the first sin, has been restored to its original beauty and ennobled by the grace of God.4
1702 The divine image is present in every man. It shines forth in the communion of persons, in the likeness of the unity of the divine persons among themselves
http://www.vatican.va/archive/ccc_css/archive...
Do you know what is meant by the "image and likeness of God"? Do you think we look like God, the Father almighty, creator of heaven and earth?
I sure think He created A dam and Eve ..they did not evolve from other biological. Firms ..

And yes His image is our souls ..THST does not address your new beliefs on evolution ..of the body .

And on your other questions
WHAT DOES NIHIL OBSTAT Mean

I would not use anything but a bona fide Catholic site for such an important discussion.

It seems to be all over itself giving ground to msn made science THST changes with every new theory ..

“Greatest Love”

For His Creation

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 28, 2013

hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
You "fundies" just continue to "make up things" as usual which comes as no surprise to "any of us Catholics"! Have you ever heard or read Pope Francis' homilies OR Pope Benedict OR EVEN Pope John Paul II. Obviously not! Because if you had, you would not be spreading the "same old" bible only Protestant" lies and deliberate deception that are "par for the course" with you bible only "fundies"...... ALL three of those Popes have CONSISTENTLY proclaimed, professed and preached Salvation in Jesus Christ through HIS life, death and resurrection, uniting all faiths in the Body and Blood of Jesus......Unfortunately, you bible only "fundies" are so (stuck on anti-catholicism) and your "half-truth, half-heresy" (Christianity????) that the ENTIRE BASIS of your bible only beliefs is TOTALLY DEPENDENT upon attacking and ripping, over 2000 years of the historical and biblical TRUTH of Jesus Christ and His One (and only one) TRUE Apostolic Catholic. Church.
So why is it when I said to a Catholic poster that John Paul who I did read called for unity .

I was told that we can't have that UNLESS we celebrate the EUCHARIST AS CATHOLICS .

That is not what this great man said .

If I mention other if His talks on apologizing for the past I'M YOLD I am wrong..Did not understand Him .

Maybe NOT you But you all treat us as if we cannot read nor understand .

It's very off putting ..I think if anyone US responsible for subscribe in your Church it's that most honest and humble man ..whose works are very readable

Since: Feb 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 28, 2013

Judged:

hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
You "fundies" just continue to "make up things" as usual which comes as no surprise to "any of us Catholics"! Have you ever heard or read Pope Francis' homilies OR Pope Benedict OR EVEN Pope John Paul II. Obviously not! Because if you had, you would not be spreading the "same old" bible only Protestant" lies and deliberate deception that are "par for the course" with you bible only "fundies"...... ALL three of those Popes have CONSISTENTLY proclaimed, professed and preached Salvation in Jesus Christ through HIS life, death and resurrection, uniting all faiths in the Body and Blood of Jesus......Unfortunately, you bible only "fundies" are so (stuck on anti-catholicism) and your "half-truth, half-heresy" (Christianity????) that the ENTIRE BASIS of your bible only beliefs is TOTALLY DEPENDENT upon attacking and ripping, over 2000 years of the historical and biblical TRUTH of Jesus Christ and His One (and only one) TRUE Apostolic Catholic. Church.
........Unfortunately, you bible only "fundies" are so (stuck on anti-catholicism) and your "half-truth, half-heresy" (Christianity????) that the ENTIRE BASIS of your bible only beliefs is TOTALLY DEPENDENT upon attacking and ripping, over 2000 years of the historical and biblical TRUTH of Jesus Christ and His One (and only one) TRUE Apostolic Catholic. Church.........Now Hojo, I am not back that far. I am only back to 1054 where it all began....lol
OldJG

Rockford, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 28, 2013

OldJG wrote:
<quoted text>
Why was the Bible written? Can you answer that question Mr. 42,000?
hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
Probably, to re-create the story of the Prodigal Son in Luke 15:11 giving you "fundies" the freedom to rebel, and defy the TRUTH of Bible with your 42,000+ contradicting interpretations, so that you will "eventually" COME TO YOUR SENSES regarding Jesus Christ and His One (and only One) True Apostolic Catholic Church!!
Why not just say you have no idea why the Bible was written?
OldJG

Rockford, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 28, 2013

RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
Man is a creature composed of body and soul and made in the image and likeness,of God
No evolving out of other creatures,is mentioned at all
http://catecheticsonline.com/...
Body, soul and spirit. Not body and soul.

“Unadulterated Grace - Rom 11:6”

Since: Jul 13

Chicagoland

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 28, 2013

RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
But his body was,NOT developed from other biological forms,.
Btw,I was quoting from THeir.
CATECHISM
We do have body soul and Spirit
Oh, I hear ya

“Greatest Love”

For His Creation

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 28, 2013

OldJG wrote:
<quoted text>
Body, soul and spirit. Not body and soul.
Yup agree

as I said quoting from the CATECHISM ..as m e one I learned as a kid..

Still not descended from other biological forms as the CATHOLICS now say .

Was trying to MSKE the pint..t h st kerp saying we change SCRIPTURE..reinterpret it .

I will stick to Genesis :)
OldJG

Rockford, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 28, 2013

Judged:

OldJG wrote:
Page 3 of 3
A Closer Look at Transubstantiation
Yet this doctrine would destroy human nature by having the ability to be in multiple places at one time. Rome teaches that Christ is corporally on the altar but without any “accidents.” Accidents mean color, scent, form, and taste, the very things that make substances discernable. Yet again, we are to deny all logic and sensibility to believe that Christ is present upon the altar!
Christ warned that deceivers would come among us to deceive us and to tell us that He was here or there and that we were not to believe them. Christ also warned us that we were to be on guard against the leaven of the Pharisees, those who teach the precepts of man as the doctrines of God. Again, Rome is at variance with it’s own scholars and the early church fathers, as it teaches a doctrine (Transubstantiation) from men as the precepts of God. With this unbiblical form of teaching in the Roman Catholic Church, is it any wonder that they end up perverting the sacrament of communion by withholding the communion cup from the laity. The Council of Constance in A.D.1414 first formalized this doctrine. Pope Innocent III formalized it later and pronounced it a doctrine and then The Council of Trent (1537) confirmed his heresy. Even though the Council of Constance freely admits,“that the cup was received by all in former times,” they nonetheless go ahead and destroy the sacrament, this precious sacrament that the Lord Jesus Christ himself gave to us.“Do this in remembrance of me”
If you are Roman Catholic, we would ask you to turn to the Holy Scriptures and re-read the passages that teach about this sacrament and see if you can find the doctrine of Transubstantiation without the filter of the Roman Catholic Church. May God open your eyes and may the scales fall from them in order that you may come to His table and enjoy this sacrament, both the bread and the wine, in truth. Then ask yourself can there be salvation in a communion in which it is declared to be a fundamental principle, that the Madonna is ” our greatest hope; yea, the SOLE GROUND OF OUR HOPE ”?(The language of the late Pope Gregory, which is substantially endorsed by the present Pontiff) The time is come when charity to the perishing souls of men, hoodwinked by a Pagan priesthood, abusing the name of Christ, requires that the truth in this matter should be clearly, loudly, unflinchingly proclaimed.
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
oh boy, you really hate the Eucharist don't you? I would say 75% of your posts are trashing it or making fun of the host.
I wonder who's essay this is that you copied. I would like to see the name of this man who changed the Word of God for you.
The scriptures warn us about these men who would come along and preach a different Gospel.
You were given historical facts. Produce facts to refute these historical facts or shut your pie hole. Thank you in advance for shutting your pie hole Cly!!

Since: Sep 09

Prince George, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 28, 2013

RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
Man is a creature composed of body and soul and made in the image and likeness,of God
No evolving out of other creatures,is mentioned at all
http://catecheticsonline.com/...
If theologians of ANY religion claimed that humans were not created in the image of gods, they would be unemployed immediately and possibly shot in some countries as heretics.

And they would do so while preaching all about LOVE.

Prince George, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 28, 2013

Free Grace 7 wrote:
<quoted text>Man is Tripartite: Spirit, Body and Soul.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tripartite_ (theology)#Early_Church
I want proof that you have a soul and a spirit that resembles a god.

I guess as you claim it is all invisible, sadly you won't be able to show me any proof!

:)

Prince George, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 28, 2013

Judged:

RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh I trust the woman who gave me the,site
She must have claimed she was Protestant.

If in reality she had been a Hindu that lead you astray, would you have been put upon by evil???

OldJG

Rockford, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 28, 2013

Judged:

The Roman Catholics declare they only believe what the apostles taught and are the "true" church. Really? Did the apostles teach the following:

Mary was declared to be The mother of god by the Third Ecumenical Council at Ephesus in 431 AD.

This theory of Mary’s “perpetual virginity” became official dogma at the Council of Chalcedon in A.D. 451.

On December 8, 1854, Pope Pius IX declared Mary had been born without sin.

This marian dogma was proclaimed by Pope Pius XII on November 1, 1950 on his Encyclical Munificentissimus Deus.

If you do not like Roman Catholic theology, wait awhile, it will change.

Prince George, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 28, 2013

Patriot wrote:
A Message from Peter
Does he have a last name???

“Unadulterated Grace - Rom 11:6”

Since: Jul 13

Chicagoland

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 28, 2013

June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
I want proof that you have a soul and a spirit that resembles a god.
I guess as you claim it is all invisible, sadly you won't be able to show me any proof!
You would need a epiphany, before facts could be accepted in the first place.

Prince George, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 28, 2013

ReginaM wrote:
<quoted text>
lol.....but I didn't know you had to pay for the other sites.
It's been nice to "see" you again, Robert. I've been very busy lately so haven't had the time to post here at all. Speaking of busy, I need to get going. Not sure when we'll be able to talk again, so take good care of yourself. God be with you.
Have a good night.
Let me guess ... you must be Catholic! You want to hope that Robert asked his Jewish mopster to wash all that Protestant stuff out of his Catholicism, as heresy apparently doesn't leave on its own.

Prince George, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 28, 2013

Judged:

OldJG wrote:
The Roman Catholics declare they only believe what the apostles taught and are the "true" church. Really? Did the apostles teach the following:
Mary was declared to be The mother of god by the Third Ecumenical Council at Ephesus in 431 AD.
This theory of Mary’s “perpetual virginity” became official dogma at the Council of Chalcedon in A.D. 451.
This marian dogma was proclaimed by Pope Pius XII on November 1, 1950 on his Encyclical Munificentissimus Deus.
Protestants used to put innocent people to death as heretics and witches, just as did the Catholics.

It was Protestants that burned other Protestants in the witch-trials in Salem when society went insane over religious terror.

I suggest you stop pointing fingers and lick your own clean before you start working on others.

Prince George, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 28, 2013

Free Grace 7 wrote:
<quoted text>You would need a epiphany, before facts could be accepted in the first place.
What facts???

I suggest you show me some proof that your spirit and soul exists and is hooked to a god while non-human animals are only material bodies with no spirit and soul that can hook to a god.

Are you aware that at one time Christians taught those in the black races that they had no souls because they were at the level of non-human animals?

Your religion is wretched nonsense.

Prince George, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 28, 2013

Juan Ginés de Sepúlveda argued that, during the Valladolid controversy in the middle of the 16th century, the Native Americans were natural slaves because they had no souls.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Racism

The idea of slavery as an "equal-opportunity employer" was denounced with the introduction of Christian theory in the West. Maintaining that Africans were "subhuman" was the only loophole in the then accepted law that "men are created equal" that would allow for the sustenance of the Triangular Trade.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Racism

“Greatest Love”

For His Creation

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 28, 2013

June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
She must have claimed she was Protestant.
If in reality she had been a Hindu that lead you astray, would you have been put upon by evil???
Nope a CATHOLIC teacher ..as I was searching for info on CATHOLIC beliefs..Not hindu

“Greatest Love”

For His Creation

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 28, 2013

OldJG wrote:
Exactly MY point ..And on Scriptures..evidently ..

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 450,601 - 450,620 of512,087
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
•••
•••