Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

Full story: CBC News 542,736
The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ. Full Story

“What are you looking at?”

Since: Jan 08

Albuquerque, NM

#466929 Jul 29, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Exactly what truth has set YOU free?
By believing that my choices make my life - and no other being ha any opportunity to get involved, unless I choose.

Self.

If you dispute this, then please provide the support of link that shows otherwise.

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#466930 Jul 29, 2013
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
I have been saying that they do for two or three days now!!!
Your words...show me....

RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
http://www.openbible.info/topics/body_soul_an ...
Those are of course bible verses..and I think old JG ..Free grace or cowboy coukd answer better than I. But I will tell it from only my personalview
We are bodies..CREATED BY GoD (not evolved from other life forms asthe Catholics want to NOW believe )
We have Souls made in the image of God..we have a Spirit in the form of a God Sized hole(I love this analogy as,it changed my whole outlook)
We try to fill that hole with everything from people to love us. To money ..etc..we can spend our whole life trying to do this ..to no avail as its really an emptiness ONLY GOD CAN FILL.
WHEN we accept Jesus as Lord and Saviour ..and are born again...that hole within our spirit is filleD WITH HIS SPIRIT ..
making us in effect effect a NEW CREATION.
as I said I am no bible scholar..but thats how I see it :)

“Let the Children”

Since: Aug 08

Come To Me

#466931 Jul 29, 2013
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
Your words...show me....
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
http://www.openbible.info/topics/body_soul_an ...
Those are of course bible verses..and I think old JG ..Free grace or cowboy coukd answer better than I. But I will tell it from only my personalview
We are bodies..CREATED BY GoD (not evolved from other life forms asthe Catholics want to NOW believe )
We have Souls made in the image of God..we have a Spirit in the form of a God Sized hole(I love this analogy as,it changed my whole outlook)
We try to fill that hole with everything from people to love us. To money ..etc..we can spend our whole life trying to do this ..to no avail as its really an emptiness ONLY GOD CAN FILL.
WHEN we accept Jesus as Lord and Saviour ..and are born again...that hole within our spirit is filleD WITH HIS SPIRIT ..
making us in effect effect a NEW CREATION.
as I said I am no bible scholar..but thats how I see it :)
Oxbow

You posted about John Paul and evolution

I have indeed been discussing the Catholic church and evolution since Saturday ..

That post was not it ..it was about us being body ..soul..and spirit.

One of the things I posted was from Catholic sources.

http://www.catholic.com/tracts/adam-eve-and-e...

I personally prefer to stick with Genesis
Anthony MN

Minneapolis, MN

#466932 Jul 29, 2013
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
Oxbow
I have indeed been discussing the Catholic church and evolution since Saturday ..
Catholics stick with Genesis. There is nothing in Catholic teaching contradicting Genesis, so not really sure what your point is.

Since: Sep 09

Quesnel, Canada

#466933 Jul 29, 2013
New Age Spiritual Leader wrote:
<quoted text>
By believing that my choices make my life - and no other being ha any opportunity to get involved, unless I choose.
Self.
If you dispute this, then please provide the support of link that shows otherwise.
But what makes your choices so much more special than other people's choices of what they believe is true for them?

My right to ask you questions on an open forum is my "link."

Quesnel, Canada

#466934 Jul 29, 2013
Human Being wrote:
<quoted text>
June:
And you deny the existence of the soul, so you want all human beings to be natural slaves...What irony!
I don't deny it's existence. I want proof of its existence.

The fact that you believe your soul is godly and another person's soul is evil is not a fair assessment. And for you to give other gullible humans that impression is you simply bullshitting the troops.

Quesnel, Canada

#466935 Jul 29, 2013
Human Being wrote:
<quoted text>
Your welcome....
choose life is another Catholic who believes in godly souls and evil souls ... the godly one belonging to choose life ... of COURSE!

Silly people!!!

Quesnel, Canada

#466936 Jul 29, 2013
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
Most Christian messages,are preached in Church or on a Christian channel .
Or here
Anyone not interested will stay home..not watch a Christian channel
Or not be here. Otherwise they Do sedm to hsve SOME interest in tbe state of their souls..imo
No one is harangued as you put it
If they hear a message they dont like they are free to avoid it ..
Most Christians do not go to doors ..and even if they did you csn close the door or not answer in the first place.
NOW WITH POLITICAL ADS before an election ..THAT IS HARANGUING
What a joke!

As a Protestant you are here promoting your Protestant beliefs and haranguing Catholics for not believing the correct way ... which is your way.

Quesnel, Canada

#466937 Jul 29, 2013
Human Being wrote:
<quoted text>
June:
I use a variety of translations of the Bible, St. Joseph New American, KJV, Revised Standard, Douay-Rheims, Young's Literal, and NASB.
(I would never use the JW's very corrupted New World.)
Generally, if I want more flavor and deeper meaning, I go to a lexicon of Greek and Hebrew.
No matter which book you USE, you are still a USER of words to give yourself and others the impression that your soul is aligned to holiness and other people's souls are aligned to evil.

Your arrogance is despicable.

Quesnel, Canada

#466938 Jul 29, 2013
atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>I perceive that I don't care what you perceive.
And that is your right.

Quesnel, Canada

#466939 Jul 29, 2013
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
Becuse God is eternal, infinite, perfect, and incomprehensible Being,
Incomprehensible means BEYOND knowing ... so why do you keep pretending you know what you don't know???

Quesnel, Canada

#466940 Jul 29, 2013
Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
Just wondering what your point was. Still am.
What does notation of incidences of suicide among preachers or their wives have to do with anything? Are you inferring that their vocation drives them to it?
Yes! If I had to lie for a living, I might ultimately want to do away with myself.

I have compassion for the preachers who are still preaching but are now Atheists.

They have to eat and feed their families somehow, and many of them have no other skills, because they have spent the better portion of their lives learning theology which is useless to them as Atheists.

Quesnel, Canada

#466941 Jul 29, 2013
Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
Just asking you to research things a bit.
I know you won't, but I can keep asking.
After much research the following was my opinion. I was being sarcastic.

June VanDerMark wrote:

<quoted text>
Your popes that burned homosexuals at the stake must have a different catechism than you.

Quesnel, Canada

#466942 Jul 29, 2013
Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
Cite what you've studied on the increase in ministerial suicide so we can all 'believe' it.
What preacher has admitted that he was an atheist yet kept preaching to earn money? Cite such an instance so we can all read about it.
I listened to the following program on CBC Radio.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>>

Preachers Who Don't Believe in God

By CBC RADIO - CBC.CA/TAPESTRY
Added: Monday, 28 February 2011 at 11:17 AM

A recent study from Tufts University tells the story of several pastors who no longer believe in God. Most are still working in churches, still preaching sermons, and still counseling the faithful. They are isolated and, in some cases, unable to confide even in their own families, for fear of what their newfound disbelief may do to their relationships.

Daniel Dennett and his co-author Linda LaScola are pursuing follow-up research. Clergy who are interested in participating can contact them through Dr. Dennett's website.

http://old.richarddawkins.net/articles/597330...
youtubeNews

AOL

#466943 Jul 29, 2013

ISRAEL to give POPE "Custody" of Temple Mount --

http://youtu.be/Qt9kEQB4ti8

Quesnel, Canada

#466944 Jul 29, 2013
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
man
n. pl. men (mn)
2. A human regardless of sex or age; a person.
Its called "dictionary".....
What is your point?

Location hidden

#466945 Jul 29, 2013
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
Oxbow
So you can not show me where you spoke of evolution...only that you spoke of the church...

Quesnel, Canada

#466946 Jul 29, 2013
It seems that some Atheists are thrilled at the pope's open arms concerning Atheists.

I perceive that it just points out that those popes never did speak truth as the stories just keep on changing.

Religion is ridiculous.

One day they say the god is offended by those who don't believe in him ... and then they change their own minds to the idea that now the god doesn't give a rat's ass if anybody believes in him.

Shysters in god-garb.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>

Heaven for atheists? Pope sparks debate

(CNN)-– American atheists welcomed Pope Francis’ comments that God redeems nonbelievers, saying that the new pontiff's historic outreach is helping to topple longstanding barriers.

“The Lord has redeemed all of us, all of us, with the Blood of Christ: all of us, not just Catholics. Everyone,” the pope told worshipers at morning Mass on Wednesday.“‘Father, the atheists?’ Even the atheists. Everyone!”

Francis continued,“We must meet one another doing good.‘But I don’t believe, Father, I am an atheist!’ But do good: we will meet one another there.”

Roy Speckhardt, executive director of the American Humanist Association, said that although he has been skeptical of Francis' outreach to the nonreligious, he welcomed Wednesday’s comments.

“I gather from this statement that his view of the world's religious and philosophical diversity is expanding,” Speckhardt said.“While humanists have been saying for years that one can be good without a god, hearing this from the leader of the Catholic Church is quite heartening."

http://religion.blogs.cnn.com/2013/05/23/heav...

Location hidden

#466948 Jul 29, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
What is your point?
My point is you put your foot in your mouth...

“Let the Children”

Since: Aug 08

Come To Me

#466951 Jul 29, 2013
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
Catholics stick with Genesis. There is nothing in Catholic teaching contradicting Genesis, so not really sure what your point is.
Genesis,says,God created Adam then Eve.

Your Original Baltimore( which I studied),Catechism say God created us body and soul .

This new teaching says,our bodies,may hAve come from other biologucal forms,

God creted everything exactly he way the bible describes it .

No evolving from other creatures creatiresin involved.

Your supposedly OWN SCRIPTURE and now with a,bunch of convoluted explanaton you give into science ..which it self keeps changing its theories

MISSING LINK..LUCY..oh wait now its a common ancestor.

Have to say Anthony I was shicked to the cire...and actually thought Clay was,mistaken .

So I emailed a CATHOLIC RELIGIUIS,teacher who is a friend and to my shick agsin..she gave me THAT site ..NIHIL OBSTAT and all.

Look under Catholic position ..and then about evolution

And you folks accuse us of interpretations and changes!!!!

This is a whopper ..but you will believe becayse the CHURCH says,to ..not SCRIPTURE..your Church ..which taught me differently ..

Truth is truth..it does NOT CHANGE ..

GEnesis says NOTHING even close to evolution

He made Adam and breathed His life into him ...period ..

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Pope's visit will change Philippines, Cardinal ... 15 hr Iglesia_Ni_Dinuguan 4
Philippines and Vatican release Pope Francis po... 17 hr pazuzu 85
Edmonton's Coptic Christian community welcomes ... 17 hr PAUL SHYKORA arts 1
United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) Wed Married in 8,299
Selfies with Pope Francis cardboard cutouts pop... Sep 10 ELIAS IBARRA 5
Pope Francis pursues a thaw in relations with m... Sep 9 Andrez Lopez 2
Francis' letter to Cubans: Imitate Mary's joy, ... Sep 8 Crusader 1
•••

Pope Benedict XVI People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••