Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

Full story: CBC News

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Comments (Page 22,530)

Showing posts 450,581 - 450,600 of532,068
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:

Since: Sep 09

Prince George, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 29, 2013

studied

“Greatest Love”

Since: Aug 08

For His Creation

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 29, 2013

atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>I
Don't believe that it could be said any better. your answer came from your heart. those answers are hard to beat.Preston
Thanks cowboy.

Coming from you that is high praise indeed :)

that concept when I first heard it..i thought how on earth
Does that preacher know,all about me

I imagine we would find it a lot out in the world.

Even snd especially in those constantly driven to success in the worlds eyes.. never happy with each plateau..wanting something just out of reach .

Prince George, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 29, 2013

atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>I
Don't believe that it could be said any better. your answer came from your heart. those answers are hard to beat.Preston
The idea that you deserve heaven and others deserve hell also comes straight from your heart.

You seem to perceive your heart is warm. I perceive it is as cold as ice.

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 29, 2013

jethro8 wrote:
22544 pages and still no definitive answers, to the truth of this forum or that a god actually exists.no hard core evidence has been presented that proves anything said here is true, all you people do is spout bible passages, which add up to spit in the wind, there is no proof to be found in these passages, they are stolen works from other books, written decades/centuries before Christianity came about. Where is the proof of the existence of a god? there is none, only empty words written in a book that has no foundation of fact, only hearsay, the true identity of the writers are in question by many scholars. anything and everything that could prove the existence of the one god theory can not be found, you don't see anything drawn on cave walls or in slabs of rock, or in hieroglyphics, you see drawings of half man half animal, a lot, and not just in one area but in areas around the world, artifacts of flying objects dating back 5000 yrs. an more, how is that possible? with little knowledge of technology of building, they created pyramids so perfectly lined and close together you can barely slide a piece of paper through the boulders, which weigh tons, but they managed to get them hundreds of feet off the ground, and fitted perfectly together, and the great sphinx animal and man, why? why did they draw/carve so many of these strange creatures or people? who really knows if they are someone's imagination, or are they done from visual contact? being beaten for centuries into believing in one god has put the fear of looking for the truth into man, today that's ridiculous, why doesn't anyone who has the clout to get an audience before the world court, get a freedom of information act so we can get a look at all the stolen artifacts, drawings, paintings ETC. that is hidden within Vatican city so man can study the truth, it's gods supposed gift to MAN, not a single group of MEN, but all men, the words/teachings on which we are suppose to live our lives in order to please him and secure a place in heaven for us. If we are not allowed to read and discover for ourselves what is written how can we be honestly sure we are doing what god really wants us to do?? would love to have the money to petition the world court and have a order issued that the Vatican must open ALL their files to the world, not just to them, what ever they have hidden is not theirs alone, gods word was meant for all man kind to see,to read, to follow, but how can you when your not allowed to? and again let's not forget the idiots who burned a few hundred books with no divine authority, so people couldn't read them. because of that barbaric act we will never know if a church exists or A god exists, you can't prove a truth when you don't have the whole truth, so any organization that makes the claim of being the true church is full of sheep dip.
Christians know Christianity is based on belief. So, you know where you stand!!!!

Jesus saith unto him, Thomas, because thou hast seen me, thou hast believed: blessed are they that have not seen, and yet have believed.

“Greatest Love”

For His Creation

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 29, 2013

confrinting with the word wrote:
WHY JESUS WEPT
The old black preacher was stooped, with a head full of gray hair.
He was badly in need of a haircut, and his horn rimmed glasses madehim look even older.
At the pulpit he paused; looked out over the
congregation on this fine Sunday morning.
Everyone was dressed in their finest clothes.
Hats galore, ties that shone in the sunlight;
everyone was looking fine.
Everyone sat properly and reverently,
waiting for the old preacher to begin.
He paused for a moment,
then prayed.
Suddenly the frame of the old preacher drew upright
like a young man,
the light in his eyes full of
fire.
His voice rose high and
with great force he proclaimed,
"THE LORD IS AN AWESOME GOD,
can I get a witness?
THE LORD IS A MIGHTY KING,
THE LORD IS A STRONG JUDGE OVER ALL THE EARTH┐
can I get a witness?"
Many waved handkerchiefs and shouted,
"AMEN, Preacher, AMEN!"
Several stood at his shouting and exhortation, and
jumped up and down.
"YYYAAAAAAAA LORD!" they shouted.
The old preacher continued,
"I said the LORD is a mighty KING!
Do you believe it?"
The people responded with an even more fervent shouting,
"AMEN, PREACHER, AMEN!"
"But," said the old preacher in a quiet voice,
"DO YOU KNOW WHY JESUS WEPT?
Can you tell me why?
Does anyone know?"
The people went silent,
not knowing the real answer,
or even the reason for the question.
The old preacher looked out on the crowd and began to
cry.
"Yes," he said again,
"the Lord is a mighty King,
but
last night .....Jesus wept."
"He wept because He saw what you said in your heart in
the darkness of the night on your bed.
HE WAS THERE.
"He wept because he SAW you in the club drinking and shaking it last night.
HE WAS THERE.
"He wept because He saw what you watched on HBO last night.
He was sitting right there beside you.
"He wept because of how you gossiped about your neighbor and destroyed her reputation with others.
HE WAS LISTENING TO YOU EVERY WORD.
"He wept because He was in that bedroom when you were with your neighbor's wife.
HE WAS THERE.
"He wept because He knew you'd dress up for church today and
PUT IT ON at church in front of others.
He wept because your heart has wandered SO far from Him and grown cold.
"Yes, JESUS WEPT. The mighty King who created the universe,
THE ONE
WHO THREW THE STARS INTO THE HEAVENS,
WHO HOLDS ETERNITY IN HIS HAND
wept,
because He loves you so.
"Yes, Jesus wept last night because,
wherever you were,
whatever you were doing,
HE WAS THERE with you. HE SAW IT ALL."
The old preacher
began to WEEP with deep sobbing,
"If you only knew, why Jesus wept."
One by one people in the crowd
began to rise and
walk down the aisle to the front of the church ┐ to the
altar ┐ without a word.
Tears were running down like rivers down dark
cheeks, sobs heard all over the sanctuary.
Ushers were of no use,
as one by one
they fell on their knees and
began to weep.
Soon everyone in the church was in the front,
on their knees crying
and weeping before God┐
That day lives were changed┐
That day lives were made new┐
That day the people understood why Jesus wept!
IS HE WEEPING TODAY.... OVER US ?
SELECTED
2Ch 7:14 If my people,
which are called by my name,
shall humble themselves, and
pray, and
seek my face, and
turn from their wicked ways;
then will I hear from heaven, and
will forgive their sin, and
will heal their land.
WOW that was great .

I imagine we have all made Him weep

Prince George, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 29, 2013

Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm sorry-your point in making note of these suicides is what again?
If you don't get the point, you don't want it.

Those who preach that others deserve hell are causing harm to other humans BY haranguing again and again on that message.

If you want to preach that YOU will go to hell ... I'm all for that ... but that's NOT your message ... IS IT ... oh self-perceived holy one???
Dan

Wilmington, DE

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 29, 2013

June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Your popes that burned homosexuals at the stake must have a different catechism than you.
Just asking you to research things a bit.

I know you won't, but I can keep asking.
Dan

Wilmington, DE

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 29, 2013

June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
I believe from what I have studies that suicide of preachers is becoming more common.
Plus there are preachers still preaching who admit that they are Atheists but who have no other way of earning a living for their selves and their families ... so against their own consciences they keep preaching what they now believe is nonsense.
Cite what you've studied on the increase in ministerial suicide so we can all 'believe' it.

What preacher has admitted that he was an atheist yet kept preaching to earn money? Cite such an instance so we can all read about it.
Dan

Wilmington, DE

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 29, 2013

June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Those who preach that others deserve hell are causing harm to other humans BY haranguing again and again on that message.
If you want to preach that YOU will go to hell ... I'm all for that ... but that's NOT your message ... IS IT ... oh self-perceived holy one???
Just wondering what your point was. Still am.
What does notation of incidences of suicide among preachers or their wives have to do with anything? Are you inferring that their vocation drives them to it?

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 29, 2013

June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
What about the women?
Are you now suggesting that Mary didn't leave Judaism of her own accord to become a Catholic saint???
:)
man
n. pl. men (mn)
2. A human regardless of sex or age; a person.

Its called "dictionary".....

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 29, 2013

Cracker wrote:
1. Why is your God better or the highest God of any of the other umpteen Gods worshiped around the world?
2. How can there be more than one God.
2. Why do any of the alleged Gods have to work in secrecy? Are the miracles that occur every day simply a mathematical reality and not because of the intervention of some God? And if he did intervene why keep it in secrecy?
3. Why does God allow the mass numbers of pedophiles in the catholic church?
4. God is good???? read #3 above.
5. Why does God allow mass murders to take place? What possible explanation is there for such suffering other than.."it is Gods way". Really?
What kind of sicko is your God for allowing this?
6. What kind of God would permit any suffering to occur if he could prevent it?
7. What kind of God would put all the different ethnic people and cultures on the planet and them let them fight it out and kill each other for millennia and not intervene?
I was raised a catholic and I am not buying any of it. This myth has continued for centuries on the simple fact that simple humans need to believe in a higher being. Need to believe in something. Need to buy their way into a fictional heaven to stay out of a fictional hell. Well, you have been living in hell already if you or someone you know have been involved in ethnic cleansings, the holocaust, 9-11,
airline crashes, war or any of the other calamities that have happened at the hand of your alleged God.
But you know, he works in mysterious ways and he loves each and every one of you.
Becuse God is eternal, infinite, perfect, and incomprehensible Being, the Creator of all things, who preserves and governs all by his almighty power and wisdom, and is the only proper object of worship.

Since: Jan 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 29, 2013

Judged:

June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
The idea that you deserve heaven and others deserve hell also comes straight from your heart.
You seem to perceive your heart is warm. I perceive it is as cold as ice.
I perceive that I don't care what you perceive.
Human Being

Welsh, LA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 29, 2013

June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
You did the same when you used the same bible as a Protestant as you do when you are now a Catholic ... and you translate it to mean that YOU are not a heretic and others are and YOU will be saved and others won't ... blah, blah, blah.
It's a handy-man's and now woman's book of ignorance.
June:

I use a variety of translations of the Bible, St. Joseph New American, KJV, Revised Standard, Douay-Rheims, Young's Literal, and NASB.
(I would never use the JW's very corrupted New World.)

Generally, if I want more flavor and deeper meaning, I go to a lexicon of Greek and Hebrew.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 29, 2013

atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>I
Atemcowboy...Rozes: Get up to speed!!!!

POPE JOHN PAUL II EMBRACES EVOLUTION!!

Pope John Paul II shocks the Christian world by announcing that "Evolution is Compatible with Christian faith"!! How could this Pope so strongly and directly contradict the Biblical teaching and the Traditions of the Fathers? Is Pope John Paul II a Holy Traditional Pope or is he the Unholy Anti-Pope? See how this pronouncement greatly advances the cause, and the timetable, of the coming New World Order Religion. Must reading for Roman Catholic faithful!!
Human Being

Welsh, LA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 29, 2013

ReginaM wrote:
<quoted text>
Good idea, deliberately reading from different ages. But I think we tend to do that anyway. A certain saint will come into the forefront and I'll look them up, check out any writings, book reviews, etc. That often throws a lot of the more contemporary saints into the mix, which can be very helpful. There are so many fantastic contemporary (or nearly so) holy men and women that have lived exactly what we've been praying in the Office. Talk about being humbled!!
I agree, we have gotten narrow. Good word!
(And if I don't stop misspelling "predominantly"....a long with several other words....)
ReginaM

It is a good approach. I find it a bit difficult to trace ancient writers to more contemporary writers, it gets complex, kind of like gumbo, by the time we get to the present....

“Greatest Love”

For His Creation

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 29, 2013

June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Most Christian messages,are preached in Church or on a Christian channel .

Or here

Anyone not interested will stay home..not watch a Christian channel

Or not be here. Otherwise they Do sedm to hsve SOME interest in tbe state of their souls..imo

No one is harangued as you put it

If they hear a message they dont like they are free to avoid it ..

Most Christians do not go to doors ..and even if they did you csn close the door or not answer in the first place.

NOW WITH POLITICAL ADS before an election ..THAT IS HARANGUING

“Greatest Love”

For His Creation

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 29, 2013

Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
Atemcowboy...Rozes: Get up to speed!!!!
POPE JOHN PAUL II EMBRACES EVOLUTION!!
Pope John Paul II shocks the Christian world by announcing that "Evolution is Compatible with Christian faith"!! How could this Pope so strongly and directly contradict the Biblical teaching and the Traditions of the Fathers? Is Pope John Paul II a Holy Traditional Pope or is he the Unholy Anti-Pope? See how this pronouncement greatly advances the cause, and the timetable, of the coming New World Order Religion. Must reading for Roman Catholic faithful!!
I have been saying that they do for two or three days now!!!
Human Being

Welsh, LA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 29, 2013

just choose life wrote:
We need to think of the future, how three million beings were at mass with the Pope! Would have been a great joy to be there! We have to pray,pray,pray! And do penance , give up something little every day or go back to not eating meat on Friday. We have problems with the young and their tolerance for having sex before they are married. We have Obama in office, we have a lot of problems with him and I hope Dolan will stand up to him and not back down. We have to pray for vocations, our Diocese is building on to the Seminary! Don't have enough room! We need to say I trust in Jesus more and more! There is so much evil out there, abortion , contraception , same sex marriage . I believe what St. Faustina wrote in her diary.
just choose life:

Isaiah 60:12 "For the nation and kingdom that will not serve thee shall perish; yea, those nations shall be utterly wasted."
Human Being

Welsh, LA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 29, 2013

ReginaM wrote:
<quoted text>
lol.....but I didn't know you had to pay for the other sites.
It's been nice to "see" you again, Robert. I've been very busy lately so haven't had the time to post here at all. Speaking of busy, I need to get going. Not sure when we'll be able to talk again, so take good care of yourself. God be with you.
Have a good night.
ReginaM:

I too have cut back on my online time. I have more prayer and reading. But I kind of go with the flow....

God bless and be with you.
Human Being

Welsh, LA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 29, 2013

just choose life wrote:
<quoted text>Thankyou!
Your welcome....

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 450,581 - 450,600 of532,068
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Search the Pope Benedict XVI Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
More 2 hr Warner 1
In Manila, Catholics pray for smooth succession (Mar '13) 8 hr SeniorPersonalsDating 102
Serbian patriarch reportedly opposed to canoniz... 12 hr Marko 3
United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) Mon Scales off 8,115
Newlywed El Pasoan meets Pope Francis Jul 18 Imperial Chicano 6
.com | Pope's hints on married priests trouble ... Jul 16 truth 1
Pope calls for Middle East cease-fire Jul 13 Zioni 5
•••
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••