Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

Full story: CBC News

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Comments (Page 22,527)

Showing posts 450,521 - 450,540 of512,450
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:

Since: Sep 09

Prince George, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 28, 2013

I don't even pretend to love or to worship any gods or goddesses.

If the gods or goddesses are real and they want to punish me, they can have at it any time they please. But I will not be driven to stupid beliefs by the fear of hoping I can escape eternity in one or another of the many hells created in the minds of men.

Prince George, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 28, 2013

RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
So man. ADAM ..was created..how?? According to your unchanging
Theology.
I know I sure learned what it says in Genesis at the feet of the HOLY nuns .
That's not what that site says ...a Catholic site ..
Did the nuns tell you that when the god created Adam he knew Adam was going to sin by having sex with his own rib (Eve) and that their behavior would drag the rest of humanity into the gutter?

Being that your god knew all ahead of time, that means "with god's approval," sin came to earth.

Stupid theology.

Prince George, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 28, 2013

Judged:

RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
I know I sure learned what it says in Genesis at the feet of the HOLY nuns .
Nuns were and are mortal humans. That they are holy is simply your impression.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>

Six thousand skulls of infants are reported to have been taken from a single fish-pond near a nunnery...." says Republican Senator Charles Sumner, LL.D., "The Barbarism of Slavery" (Washington, DC: 4 June 1860), p 172, in support of the Campaign for President by Abraham Lincoln.
Clay

Saint Paul, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 28, 2013

Judged:

OldJG wrote:
Page 3 of 3
A Closer Look at Transubstantiation
Yet this doctrine would destroy human nature by having the ability to be in multiple places at one time. Rome teaches that Christ is corporally on the altar but without any “accidents.” Accidents mean color, scent, form, and taste, the very things that make substances discernable. Yet again, we are to deny all logic and sensibility to believe that Christ is present upon the altar!
Christ warned that deceivers would come among us to deceive us and to tell us that He was here or there and that we were not to believe them. Christ also warned us that we were to be on guard against the leaven of the Pharisees, those who teach the precepts of man as the doctrines of God. Again, Rome is at variance with it’s own scholars and the early church fathers, as it teaches a doctrine (Transubstantiation) from men as the precepts of God. With this unbiblical form of teaching in the Roman Catholic Church, is it any wonder that they end up perverting the sacrament of communion by withholding the communion cup from the laity. The Council of Constance in A.D.1414 first formalized this doctrine. Pope Innocent III formalized it later and pronounced it a doctrine and then The Council of Trent (1537) confirmed his heresy. Even though the Council of Constance freely admits,“that the cup was received by all in former times,” they nonetheless go ahead and destroy the sacrament, this precious sacrament that the Lord Jesus Christ himself gave to us.“Do this in remembrance of me”
If you are Roman Catholic, we would ask you to turn to the Holy Scriptures and re-read the passages that teach about this sacrament and see if you can find the doctrine of Transubstantiation without the filter of the Roman Catholic Church. May God open your eyes and may the scales fall from them in order that you may come to His table and enjoy this sacrament, both the bread and the wine, in truth. Then ask yourself can there be salvation in a communion in which it is declared to be a fundamental principle, that the Madonna is ” our greatest hope; yea, the SOLE GROUND OF OUR HOPE ”?(The language of the late Pope Gregory, which is substantially endorsed by the present Pontiff) The time is come when charity to the perishing souls of men, hoodwinked by a Pagan priesthood, abusing the name of Christ, requires that the truth in this matter should be clearly, loudly, unflinchingly proclaimed.
oh boy, you really hate the Eucharist don't you? I would say 75% of your posts are trashing it or making fun of the host.

I wonder who's essay this is that you copied. I would like to see the name of this man who changed the Word of God for you.
The scriptures warn us about these men who would come along and preach a different Gospel.

Prince George, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 28, 2013

Some people in fear preach that god should not be "mocked."

Well, several times as of late I have asked that if a god exists, he should prove his existence to ALL humanity by striking me dead at that given moment ... and as you are my witness, I am still quite alive.

Why if the god exists does he not take me up on my offer to prove for once and FOR all that he is all-powerful and ready to judge those who don't believe in him.

Theology is stupid ... ALL theology!

Prince George, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 28, 2013

Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
I would like to see the name of this man who changed the Word of God for you.
:)
Clay

Saint Paul, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 28, 2013

Judged:

Tiger Lily wrote:
Me and my kids knelt down and worshipped a statue today at the Cathedral. lol
You happy now?

Prince George, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 28, 2013

This fluff-headed puritan-preacher who thought god spoke to him through words in the bible believed through writing his many books that he had to "explain" by his own interpretation what the words in the bible should mean to others ... if they wanted to "get God's message RIGHT."
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>

History of the United States … by Charles A. Beard and Mary R. Beard. The Macmillan Company 1923.

The clergy became a powerful class, dominant through their learning and their fearful denunciations of the faithless. They wrote the books for the people to read—the famous Cotton Mather having three hundred and eighty-three books and pamphlets to his credit.
Human Being

Sunset, LA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 28, 2013

ReginaM wrote:
<quoted text>
Robert, I was looking for you....thought you might be interested in this:
http://dariasockey.blogspot.com/2013/07/offic...
http://www.ignatius.com/Products/WITS-H/witne...
I love the Office of Readings, particularly the Second Reading. We've been enjoying many truly spectacular spiritual insights lately, most recently from the homilies of St. John Chrysostom, Bishop and Doctor of the Catholic Church. Also St. Cyril of Jerusalem, St. Ambrose (his "Explanations of the Psalms" is magnificent), St. Bonaventure, Melito, Sophronius, Zeno, and on and on. Such beauty and wisdom.
Hope all is well with you and your health has improved.
ReginaM

Very good site for the breviary, Liturgy of the Hours. I like the Optional Vigils....

I was impressed with St. John Chrysostom's 2nd Reading today....

I am finishing up on reading a book by St. Bonaventure, which includes his "Sermons".

And my health has significantly improved over this last month. Thank you....

“Greatest Love”

Since: Aug 08

For His Creation

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 28, 2013

ReginaM wrote:
<quoted text>
Rose, I would suggest you calm down and get a grip. Your hysteria is preventing you from seeing that THE Church is not contradicting Scripture:
http://www.vatican.va/archive/ccc_css/archive...
Hope you're enjoying a peaceful and prayerful Sunday. Every Sunday is a little Easter. Keep holy the Lord's Day!
Sorry none of that science THEORY stuff was in MY CATECHISM.

And I choose to believe what SCRIPTURE says,Not man..
But your Chrch does n o t

Who knows EHAT mans theories will be in the next fifty or 10 years and your church will say then..

And yes I'm a bit upset ..just found it yesterday you all believe with YOUR UNCHANGEABLE DOCTRINE...very differently than they did BEFORE.

And you say WE CHANGE Scripture to fit OUR BELIEF .

laughable

You HAVE a good day also

Prince George, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 28, 2013

Some Jehovah's Witnesses (who read the same bible as do other Christians) take from the words that Jesus was the incarnation of an archangel ... NOT a god in human flesh.

People inject their own images into words and then believe that a god called them to his DIVINE service to preach in "his" name.

Such ignorance and arrogance is NOT bliss. It's human stupidity.

Prince George, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 28, 2013

RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
And I choose to believe what SCRIPTURE says,Not man..
Hairy ape-like men wrote scripture.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>>

From the book “Smith’s Bible Dictionary.

Bible

There are at least thirty six different authors, who wrote in three continents, in many countries, in three languages, and from every possible human standpoint. Among these authors were kings, farmers, mechanics, scientific men, lawyers, generals, fishermen, ministers and priests, a tax-collector, a doctor, some rich, some poor, some city bred, some country born—thus touching all the experiences of men—extending over 1500 years.

Prince George, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 28, 2013

If a god wanted a book of truth, he could have printed and published it without the help of any men.

After all, he created Adam out of the earth. That means he really could create miracles. So why not a bible ... with NO intervention whatsoever by men with tampering pens???

Silly stuff.

Prince George, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 28, 2013

Human Being wrote:
<quoted text>
And my health has significantly improved over this last month.
Is it possible that your health has improved because you are certain that you are going to heaven to be a saint while other evil humans go to hell???

Opposite Word of saint:

"demon, devil, fiend"

http://www.opposite-word.com/default.asp
Human Being

Basile, LA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 28, 2013

June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
It's in the old testament. And by the way ... according to old testament theology, Jehovah IS a Jewish god..
It was not nice of the ex-Jew Catholics to try to steal all the affections of that god for their selves.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>
Isaiah 45:7
I form the light, and create darkness; I make peace, and create evil. I am Jehovah, that doeth all these things.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >
By the way Robert ... if you believe that all who have faith in Jesus will be saved ... why did you leave your Protestant faith for Catholicism?

You are a slippery shyster ... in religion for the sole purpose of believing a god favors you and only others deserve hell!
YUCK!!!
June:

The verse you used has the word "evil" in it. The original word in Hebrew is "ra", which means "evil, distress, misery, injury, calamity". Our English language is at fault for your misunderstanding the intent of that verse....

>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >

Third time is the charm....I am not a non-Protestant. I do Protest.
I was led by the Spirit and an act of free-will. It was a process, not a snap decision. I found depths of spirituality which are not present in Protestantism, which brought me to a decision....
Tiger Lily

New Zealand

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 28, 2013

Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
Me and my kids knelt down and worshipped a statue today at the Cathedral. lol
You happy now?
Bad grammar, Clay. Did you go to school to eat your lunch?

Prince George, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 28, 2013

RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
Sorry none of that science THEORY stuff was in MY CATECHISM.
It must be in the pope's catechism, as he has a science lab in the vatican.

Maybe god is behind "times" HUH???
Human Being

Welsh, LA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 28, 2013

June VanDerMark wrote:
Some Jehovah's Witnesses (who read the same bible as do other Christians) take from the words that Jesus was the incarnation of an archangel ... NOT a god in human flesh.
People inject their own images into words and then believe that a god called them to his DIVINE service to preach in "his" name.
Such ignorance and arrogance is NOT bliss. It's human stupidity.
June:

Sorry June. JW's invented their own translation, and do not read the same Bible as do other Christians. They changed quite a bit of the original to "their" way of thinking....
Human Being

Welsh, LA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 28, 2013

June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Is it possible that your health has improved because you are certain that you are going to heaven to be a saint while other evil humans go to hell???
Opposite Word of saint:
"demon, devil, fiend"
http://www.opposite-word.com/default.asp
June:

Compound sentences again June....

With God all things are possible.

Confident hope assures me, and strengthening faith supports the direction which God has given me....

Try living with hope and faith, you might like it.(smiles)
LTM

Sudbury, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 28, 2013

“Every Doctor Knows Chemotherapy Causes Cancer” Says Surgeon | RAW FOR...
rawforbeauty.com
Dr. Day, an orthopedic surgeon, explains why she refused chemotherapy and radiation when diagnosed with cancer..

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 450,521 - 450,540 of512,450
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
•••
•••