Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

Full story: CBC News

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.
Comments
450,481 - 450,500 of 537,176 Comments Last updated 4 min ago

“Unadulterated Grace - Rom 11:6”

Since: Jul 13

Chicagoland

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 28, 2013

June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
I want proof that you have a soul and a spirit that resembles a god.
I guess as you claim it is all invisible, sadly you won't be able to show me any proof!
:)
You would need a epiphany, before facts could be accepted in the first place.

Since: Sep 09

Quesnel, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 28, 2013

ReginaM wrote:
<quoted text>
lol.....but I didn't know you had to pay for the other sites.
It's been nice to "see" you again, Robert. I've been very busy lately so haven't had the time to post here at all. Speaking of busy, I need to get going. Not sure when we'll be able to talk again, so take good care of yourself. God be with you.
Have a good night.
Let me guess ... you must be Catholic! You want to hope that Robert asked his Jewish mopster to wash all that Protestant stuff out of his Catholicism, as heresy apparently doesn't leave on its own.

Quesnel, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 28, 2013

Judged:

OldJG wrote:
The Roman Catholics declare they only believe what the apostles taught and are the "true" church. Really? Did the apostles teach the following:
Mary was declared to be The mother of god by the Third Ecumenical Council at Ephesus in 431 AD.
This theory of Mary’s “perpetual virginity” became official dogma at the Council of Chalcedon in A.D. 451.
On December 8, 1854, Pope Pius IX declared Mary had been born without sin.
This marian dogma was proclaimed by Pope Pius XII on November 1, 1950 on his Encyclical Munificentissimus Deus.
If you do not like Roman Catholic theology, wait awhile, it will change.
Protestants used to put innocent people to death as heretics and witches, just as did the Catholics.

It was Protestants that burned other Protestants in the witch-trials in Salem when society went insane over religious terror.

I suggest you stop pointing fingers and lick your own clean before you start working on others.

Quesnel, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 28, 2013

Free Grace 7 wrote:
<quoted text>You would need a epiphany, before facts could be accepted in the first place.
What facts???

I suggest you show me some proof that your spirit and soul exists and is hooked to a god while non-human animals are only material bodies with no spirit and soul that can hook to a god.

Are you aware that at one time Christians taught those in the black races that they had no souls because they were at the level of non-human animals?

Your religion is wretched nonsense.

Quesnel, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 28, 2013

Juan Ginés de Sepúlveda argued that, during the Valladolid controversy in the middle of the 16th century, the Native Americans were natural slaves because they had no souls.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Racism

The idea of slavery as an "equal-opportunity employer" was denounced with the introduction of Christian theory in the West. Maintaining that Africans were "subhuman" was the only loophole in the then accepted law that "men are created equal" that would allow for the sustenance of the Triangular Trade.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Racism

“Greater Love Than This”

Since: Aug 08

Has No Man

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 28, 2013

June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
She must have claimed she was Protestant.
If in reality she had been a Hindu that lead you astray, would you have been put upon by evil???
Nope a CATHOLIC teacher ..as I was searching for info on CATHOLIC beliefs..Not hindu

“Greater Love Than This”

Has No Man

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 28, 2013

OldJG wrote:
The Roman Catholics declare they only believe what the apostles taught and are the "true" church. Really? Did the apostles teach the following:
Mary was declared to be The mother of god by the Third Ecumenical Council at Ephesus in 431 AD.
This theory of Mary’s “perpetual virginity” became official dogma at the Council of Chalcedon in A.D. 451.
This marian dogma was proclaimed by Pope Pius XII on November 1, 1950 on his Encyclical Munificentissimus Deus.
Exactly MY point ..And on Scriptures..evidently ..

Quesnel, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 28, 2013

Judged:

RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
I sure think He created A dam and Eve ..they did not evolve from other biological.
So a god created the first two humans on earth knowing that they would SIN???

And then he judged them as sinners who deserved only hell for their lot.

You people choose to be idiots.

Quesnel, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 28, 2013

RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
Nope a CATHOLIC teacher ..as I was searching for info on CATHOLIC beliefs..Not hindu
If in reality she had been a Hindu that lead you astray, would you have been put upon by evil???

That was my question.

Quesnel, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 28, 2013

People who are certain they are holy see evil in others ... never in their selves.

Religion is handy in that way.

They might admit that they sin, but their sins are so trivial as not to be recorded on a god-o-meter.

“Greater Love Than This”

Has No Man

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 28, 2013

June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
That was my question.
I would Not ask her a question on belief in the first place..therefore nothing yo lead me astray with ..

Quesnel, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 28, 2013

The Catholics and Protestants on this forum are anything BUT loving to each other, yet they want to draw people to their religions as being of value.

I fail to see the value in religion that teaches people to argue over who the same supposed god loves and who will be discarded as refuse for hell.

Both sides stop arguing with each other just long enough to inform me that I'm missing out on something wonderful.

I don't agree!
anything

Melbourne, Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 28, 2013

Judged:

did any of you know that hitler was a devout catholic

Quesnel, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 28, 2013

If this supposed god is a strict task-master while humans are on earth where the devil rules supreme ... just imagine what could occur when souls try to meld with this god who has a perfect image of his self.

NO other will will be allowed except his self-perceived perfected will.

Hitler comes to mind.

Silly stuff indeed!

Quesnel, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 28, 2013

RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
I would Not ask her a question on belief in the first place..therefore nothing yo lead me astray with ..
Of course you wouldn't ... as you believe you are already top notch in smarts.

I believe that a woman of the Hindu faith would have much to teach about life concerning how she learned to believe that her religion is the only one that teaches truth.

Quesnel, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 28, 2013

Judged:

anything wrote:
did any of you know that hitler was a devout catholic
Mein Kampf … Adolf Hitler … Published 1939.

Pg. 146 down

We possess Authentic records of Chancellor Hitler's private views of the religious situation. One of these may be cited in part:'Hitler said concerning Catholic opposition, especially in Bavaria, that its fomentors were wasting their time. They might as well stop pipe-dreaming. He would not follow the example of Bismark. He was a Catholic. Providence had arranged that. Bismarck had failed because he had been a Protestant - and Protestants have no conception of what the Catholic Church is. The important thing was to sense what people felt in religious matters and what endeared the Church to them. If the clerical caste would not disappear voluntarily, he would direct propaganda against the Church until people would be unable to hide their disgust when the word 'Church' was mentioned. Why, it was necessary only to make Church history popular. He would have films made. Looking at them the German people would see how the clergy had exploited them, lived off them. How they had sucked the money out of the country. How they had worked hand in glove with the Jews, how they had practiced immoral vice, how they had spread lies. These films would be so interesting that everybody would itch to see them. He would make the clergy ridiculous. He would expose all the tangled mass of corruption, selfishness and deceit of which they had been guilty. Let the bourgeoisie tear its hair. He would have the youth and the people on his side. He would guarantee that if he set his mind to it, he could destroy the Church in a few years. The whole institution was just a hollow shell. One good kick, and it would tumble together in a heap.'
Simple

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 28, 2013

June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
As do all others, you make excuses for your image of a god.
I mocked all the gods and goddesses ... I tested them ... and they did not care to prove to the people of the world that any of them would and could put "mockers" to death if they so choose.
Religion is bunk!
What I have seen of people who claim to be religious I have to mostly agree. I am not sure there is not a God. Even if there is a not a God; personal meditation is purposeful. Sorry my humor was not to your approval. I do read all your post and would miss your post.
OldJG

Rockford, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 28, 2013

Judged:

OldJG wrote:
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Protestants used to put innocent people to death as heretics and witches, just as did the Catholics.
It was Protestants that burned other Protestants in the witch-trials in Salem when society went insane over religious terror.
I suggest you stop pointing fingers and lick your own clean before you start working on others.
Who asked you to join the conversation. You are nothing more than a atheist looking for sympathy. Go away.

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 28, 2013

ReginaM wrote:
<quoted text>
There is only one Baltimore Catechism, Rose, and it says that God is our Creator. There have been several editions of the Catechism over the many years of The Church's 2,000 year old history starting with the Didache ca. 70 A.D.
The Catechism today, as the Catechism from 55 years ago, states that God is our Creator. There have been no changes in our teachings. Doctrine cannot be changed. You should have learned that first and foremost. This is what we believe today and have always believed:
I believe in one God,
the Father almighty,
maker of heaven and earth,
of all things visible and invisible.
I believe in one Lord Jesus Christ,
the Only Begotten Son of God,
born of the Father before all ages.
God from God, Light from Light,
true God from true God,
begotten, not made, consubstantial with the Father;
through him all things were made.
For us men and for our salvation
he came down from heaven,
and by the Holy Spirit was incarnate of the Virgin Mary,
and became man.
For our sake he was crucified under Pontius Pilate,
he suffered death and was buried,
and rose again on the third day
in accordance with the Scriptures.
He ascended into heaven
and is seated at the right hand of the Father.
He will come again in glory
to judge the living and the dead
and his kingdom will have no end.
I believe in the Holy Spirit, the Lord, the giver of life,
who proceeds from the Father and the Son,
who with the Father and the Son is adored and glorified,
who has spoken through the prophets.
I believe in one, holy, catholic and apostolic Church.
I confess one Baptism for the forgiveness of sins
and I look forward to the resurrection of the dead
and the life of the world to come. Amen.
(I've never heard of an internet web site having an Imprimatur, lol. Are you sure you heard right?) Evolution when properly understood within the context of Christian teaching is not at odds with Scripture. All creation comes from God. I've not read anything to the contrary so far.
Catlicks have "traditions"....Sinc e no one else has them...no one knows what they actually are...so they can change them to change their doctrine, account or custom...

Per the catlick encylopee-pee:
The word tradition (Greek paradosis) in the ecclesiastical sense, which is the only one in which it is used here, refers sometimes to the thing (doctrine, account, or custom) transmitted from one generation to another; sometimes to the organ or mode of the transmission (kerigma ekklisiastikon, predicatio ecclesiastica).

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 28, 2013

Human Being wrote:
<quoted text>
ReginaM:
One can only scratch the surface concerning the broad writings of the saints....And that may be the most difficult aspect, in narrowing down the choices of reading material.
I have gotten into the habit of trying to read from different ages, times, to give a more dynamic view of things.
I think the age we live in offers such a narrow view of things, that it carries over into beliefs, such as you mention, the view of the RCC as being "one-dimensional". Little do people know....
There is a new book on the market...it is call "Bible"...get one...the teaching of God's Word applies to all generations..from the beginning of time till the last day...His Word never changes...

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••