Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 603567 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

“GOD SO LOVED US”

Since: Aug 08

He Gave His SON to Save us

#466742 Jul 28, 2013
ReginaM wrote:
<quoted text>
Really? I was taught from the Baltimore Catechism and it was the same, nothing has changed. God is our Creator. No doctrine has been changed, not a one.
Perhaps you can show me where The Church teaches that God is NOT our Creator. Can you do that for me? If not, what you're saying is untrue, Rose, and I'm sure you wouldn't want to mislead anyone.
Oh they say God created the soul ..they say He created the world..But there is room for evolution as,regards where our bodies come from .

Not in my bible not my old Catechism

“"None shall pass"”

Since: Jul 11

There

#466745 Jul 28, 2013
DNF wrote:
<quoted text>...But my spiritual life is between me and God. No one else.
That would get you executed by the church until a few decades ago.

“GOD SO LOVED US”

Since: Aug 08

He Gave His SON to Save us

#466747 Jul 28, 2013
atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>you NEED to get your FACTS straight, this is NOT PREACHING the GOSPEL.
Pope shames Brazilian church for Catholic exodus, NOT IS EATING A PIECE OF GRAIN AND DRINKING SOME WINE.
Preaching is TELLING people about Jesus Christ and His Death and His Resurection.
THAT AND THAT ALONE IS WHAT WE CALL PREACHING.
try learning what the Christian Walk is all about, as it stands, you know nothing and please don't insult the intelligence of others on here by claiming to have studied for many years.
It shows that YOU HAVENT LEARNED ANYTHING. BY YOUR OWN ADMISSION THAT YOU HAVE ATENDED A COU[SIN] CHURCH TO THIS MESS THAT YOU ARE NOW PART OF.
Ok from a protestant perspective ..as the Catholics think I don't read well.

Under the heading THE CATHOLIC POSITION. POSITIONs is it saying

About human evolution

http://www.catholic.com/tracts/adam-eve-and-e...

Thanks
Human Being

Kinder, LA

#466748 Jul 28, 2013
just choose life wrote:
<quoted text>I did the Liturgy of the hours during Lent, but I can't afford the books. Is it on the internet?
just choose life:

ReginaM just found a site:

http://dariasockey.blogspot.com/2013/07/offic...

And I have been using this site in the past:

http://divineoffice.org/

They are both free. Some of the other ones are not....
ReginaM

Toms River, NJ

#466749 Jul 28, 2013
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
Your Baltimore Catechism said THat while souks,were from God are bodies,can come from evolution ...
Wow,
Mine said Adam was,created by God. Directly nit thru any ape,ancestors
This,site from a religious teacher friend ..She says it has the imprimatur..
http://www.catholic.com/tracts/adam-eve-and-e...
Sounds like they leave a lot if room for science
which which is ever-changing
NO SCIENCE IN MY CATECHISM ...OR MY BIBLE.
Maybe you had a different Baltimore,Catechism ..or they rewrote it now .
IfIf straight A s in religion Regina
No evolution ...nothing but God
There is only one Baltimore Catechism, Rose, and it says that God is our Creator. There have been several editions of the Catechism over the many years of The Church's 2,000 year old history starting with the Didache ca. 70 A.D.

The Catechism today, as the Catechism from 55 years ago, states that God is our Creator. There have been no changes in our teachings. Doctrine cannot be changed. You should have learned that first and foremost. This is what we believe today and have always believed:

I believe in one God,
the Father almighty,
maker of heaven and earth,
of all things visible and invisible.

I believe in one Lord Jesus Christ,
the Only Begotten Son of God,
born of the Father before all ages.
God from God, Light from Light,
true God from true God,
begotten, not made, consubstantial with the Father;
through him all things were made.
For us men and for our salvation
he came down from heaven,
and by the Holy Spirit was incarnate of the Virgin Mary,
and became man.
For our sake he was crucified under Pontius Pilate,
he suffered death and was buried,
and rose again on the third day
in accordance with the Scriptures.
He ascended into heaven
and is seated at the right hand of the Father.
He will come again in glory
to judge the living and the dead
and his kingdom will have no end.

I believe in the Holy Spirit, the Lord, the giver of life,
who proceeds from the Father and the Son,
who with the Father and the Son is adored and glorified,
who has spoken through the prophets.

I believe in one, holy, catholic and apostolic Church.
I confess one Baptism for the forgiveness of sins
and I look forward to the resurrection of the dead
and the life of the world to come. Amen.

(I've never heard of an internet web site having an Imprimatur, lol. Are you sure you heard right?) Evolution when properly understood within the context of Christian teaching is not at odds with Scripture. All creation comes from God. I've not read anything to the contrary so far.

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#466750 Jul 28, 2013
atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>you NEED to get your FACTS straight, this is NOT PREACHING the GOSPEL.
Pope shames Brazilian church for Catholic exodus, NOT IS EATING A PIECE OF GRAIN AND DRINKING SOME WINE.
Preaching is TELLING people about Jesus Christ and His Death and His Resurection.
THAT AND THAT ALONE IS WHAT WE CALL PREACHING.
try learning what the Christian Walk is all about, as it stands, you know nothing and please don't insult the intelligence of others on here by claiming to have studied for many years.
It shows that YOU HAVENT LEARNED ANYTHING. BY YOUR OWN ADMISSION THAT YOU HAVE ATENDED A COU[SIN] CHURCH TO THIS MESS THAT YOU ARE NOW PART OF.
Atemcowboy....you have lost your credibility...if you ever had it!!!!

Mah words: Share with us your Salvation testimony....

You wrote: it would be different that anything that you have experienced since you aren't Saved.but lets just face facts.
I don't bounce to your ball, I do what I want when I want

Ah said: No Christian I have ever met has refused to share the most important event of his life...his salvation.....which means claiming to be saved and being saved are horses of a totally different color...You are a fraud....

atemcowboy wrote: if you want to read it, and you don't, go back and look for it. I have posted it numerous times.

Ah said: If that were so, you would be glad to furnish the post numbers and the pages...you can't...because it never happened...

FYI..You cannot share something you do not possess..You follow the footsteps of your father..

You bring the Word of God to life!!!!
Ye are of your father the devil, and the lusts of your father ye will do. He was a murderer from the beginning, and abode not in the truth, because there is no truth in him. When he speaketh a lie, he speaketh of his own: for he is a liar, and the father of it...
Human Being

Kinder, LA

#466751 Jul 28, 2013
ReginaM wrote:
<quoted text>
I like the Optionals too. We're very fortunate, very blessed to have such richness and depth as the basis of Catholic theology and spirituality. Those who assume that our doctrines and teachings are based solely or predominately on the thoughts of one Father/Saint/Doctor are seriously mistaken. Our theology is not one-dimensional, although I suppose it suits their agenda to erroneously spread that it is.
As these ancient sermons, homilies, and meditations prove one could take any one of these truths and meditate on it for a lifetime never fully exhausting it or penetrating it's many layers. I'm tempted to get the book but space is becoming a consideration as I have so many books already. I'll probably cave sometime this week and order it.:)
I'm very happy to hear that you're feeling better, Robert, and hope you continue to do so. I know you were seriously struggling for a while, quietly and humbly. Take care.
ReginaM:

One can only scratch the surface concerning the broad writings of the saints....And that may be the most difficult aspect, in narrowing down the choices of reading material.

I have gotten into the habit of trying to read from different ages, times, to give a more dynamic view of things.

I think the age we live in offers such a narrow view of things, that it carries over into beliefs, such as you mention, the view of the RCC as being "one-dimensional". Little do people know....
ReginaM

Toms River, NJ

#466752 Jul 28, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
Did I ever mention that I thank God I didn't have to learn about Jesus Christ from you or Oldjg?
I don't know who you guys think you represent.
I can not see a trace of Our Lord Jesus Christ in anything you've ever uttered.
Right? And what a horrible thing to say about one the most deeply held beliefs of his dear friends! I hate to say it but he's the one who sounds like he's drunk. Can you imagine such talk? They've got bigger worries than evolution.

Much bigger.

IMO.
Human Being

Kinder, LA

#466753 Jul 28, 2013
ReginaM wrote:
Lol..., ditto that....

“GOD SO LOVED US”

Since: Aug 08

He Gave His SON to Save us

#466755 Jul 28, 2013
ReginaM wrote:
<quoted text>
There is only one Baltimore Catechism, Rose, and it says that God is our Creator. There have been several editions of the Catechism over the many years of The Church's 2,000 year old history starting with the Didache ca. 70 A.D.
The Catechism today, as the Catechism from 55 years ago, states that God is our Creator. There have been no changes in our teachings. Doctrine cannot be changed. You should have learned that first and foremost. This is what we believe today and have always believed:
I believe in one God,
the Father almighty,
maker of heaven and earth,
of all things visible and invisible.
I believe in one Lord Jesus Christ,
the Only Begotten Son of God,
born of the Father before all ages.
God from God, Light from Light,
true God from true God,
begotten, not made, consubstantial with the Father;
through him all things were made.
For us men and for our salvation
he came down from heaven,
and by the Holy Spirit was incarnate of the Virgin Mary,
and became man.
For our sake he was crucified under Pontius Pilate,
he suffered death and was buried,
and rose again on the third day
in accordance with the Scriptures.
He ascended into heaven
and is seated at the right hand of the Father.
He will come again in glory
to judge the living and the dead
and his kingdom will have no end.
I believe in the Holy Spirit, the Lord, the giver of life,
who proceeds from the Father and the Son,
who with the Father and the Son is adored and glorified,
who has spoken through the prophets.
I believe in one, holy, catholic and apostolic Church.
I confess one Baptism for the forgiveness of sins
and I look forward to the resurrection of the dead
and the life of the world to come. Amen.
(I've never heard of an internet web site having an Imprimatur, lol. Are you sure you heard right?) Evolution when properly understood within the context of Christian teaching is not at odds with Scripture. All creation comes from God. I've not read anything to the contrary so far.
Th s t site leaves room THST mans body developed from other biological forms ..it has a CC stamp.of approval

I did not learn that in school and neither did you .

Gen 1. GOD CREATED MAN I N HIS IMAGE.

We did not descend from.Ape ancestors ...
ReginaM

Toms River, NJ

#466756 Jul 28, 2013
just choose life wrote:
<quoted text>Thanks!
You're very welcome. Enjoy!

Since: Jan 08

Location hidden

#466757 Jul 28, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
Did I ever mention that I thank God I didn't have to learn about Jesus Christ from you or Oldjg?
I don't know who you guys think you represent.
I can not see a trace of Our Lord Jesus Christ in anything you've ever uttered.
that is because when the Truth was spoke to you, you didn't accept it so you get what you give.

REMEMBER YOUR SMART ALEC REMARKS ABOUT AN ALTAR CALL? BACK AT U.LOL
ReginaM

Toms River, NJ

#466758 Jul 28, 2013
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
Th s t site leaves room THST mans body developed from other biological forms ..it has a CC stamp.of approval
I did not learn that in school and neither did you .
Gen 1. GOD CREATED MAN I N HIS IMAGE.
We did not descend from.Ape ancestors ...
What "stamp of approval"?? lol

We are still taught that God created man in His image and likeness:

THE DIGNITY OF THE HUMAN PERSON

ARTICLE 1
MAN: THE IMAGE OF GOD

1701 "Christ,... in the very revelation of the mystery of the Father and of his love, makes man fully manifest to himself and brings to light his exalted vocation."2 It is in Christ, "the image of the invisible God,"3 that man has been created "in the image and likeness" of the Creator. It is in Christ, Redeemer and Savior, that the divine image, disfigured in man by the first sin, has been restored to its original beauty and ennobled by the grace of God.4

1702 The divine image is present in every man. It shines forth in the communion of persons, in the likeness of the unity of the divine persons among themselves
http://www.vatican.va/archive/ccc_css/archive...

Do you know what is meant by the "image and likeness of God"? Do you think we look like God, the Father almighty, creator of heaven and earth?

Since: Jan 08

Location hidden

#466759 Jul 28, 2013
ReginaM wrote:
<quoted text>
Right? And what a horrible thing to say about one the most deeply held beliefs of his dear friends! I hate to say it but he's the one who sounds like he's drunk. Can you imagine such talk? They've got bigger worries than evolution.
Much bigger.
IMO.
you probably laughed when he rambled on about going to an altar call, didn't you?

and FYI, an altar call is when a person comes to the Saving knowledge of Jesus Christ.

A VERY SACRED TIME, WHILE THINKING THAT SOME PEDOPHILE PRIEST CAN CHANGE A PIECE OF GRAIN INTO JESUS CHRIST IS CERTAINLY NOT A SACRED TIME OR EVENT.

Since: Sep 09

Quesnel, Canada

#466760 Jul 28, 2013
Human Being wrote:
<quoted text>
June:
Compound sentences again June....
With God all things are possible.
Especially that promise of heaven for you if you are Catholic and hell for others who are not Catholic.

Since: Jan 08

Location hidden

#466761 Jul 28, 2013
ReginaM wrote:
<quoted text>
Right? And what a horrible thing to say about one the most deeply held beliefs of his dear friends! I hate to say it but he's the one who sounds like he's drunk. Can you imagine such talk? They've got bigger worries than evolution.
Much bigger.
IMO.
hey reg, someone disagreed with you, go ahead and change those icons.lol

Since: Sep 09

Quesnel, Canada

#466762 Jul 28, 2013
Human Being wrote:
<quoted text>
June:
The verse you used has the word "evil" in it. The original word in Hebrew is "ra", which means "evil, distress, misery, injury, calamity". Our English language is at fault for your misunderstanding the intent of that verse....
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >
Third time is the charm....I am not a non-Protestant. I do Protest.
I was led by the Spirit and an act of free-will. It was a process, not a snap decision. I found depths of spirituality which are not present in Protestantism, which brought me to a decision....
If evil mean misery, injury, calamity ... and god created evil ... what IS your point, besides more of your drivel???

Yes you ARE a non-Protestant. I suggest you stop lying. You left the Protestant religion to become a Catholic.

“"None shall pass"”

Since: Jul 11

There

#466763 Jul 28, 2013
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
...
We did not descend from.Ape ancestors ...
We are still apes.

Hominids!

Just like Orangutans, Gorillas and Chimpanzees.

Since: Sep 09

Quesnel, Canada

#466764 Jul 28, 2013
Human Being wrote:
<quoted text>
June:
Sorry June. JW's invented their own translation, and do not read the same Bible as do other Christians. They changed quite a bit of the original to "their" way of thinking....
You did the same when you used the same bible as a Protestant as you do when you are now a Catholic ... and you translate it to mean that YOU are not a heretic and others are and YOU will be saved and others won't ... blah, blah, blah.

It's a handy-man's and now woman's book of ignorance.

Since: Sep 09

Quesnel, Canada

#466765 Jul 28, 2013
Simple wrote:
<quoted text>
Thanks June I will remember that. You are most likely correct. I love a good atheist.
You're welcome.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Pope eases church rule on abortion forgiveness 4 hr Redeemed 30
News What Divides Catholics and Protestants? (Apr '08) 9 hr Jaimie 84,426
News Pope: Priests in Holy Year can absolve - sin of... 10 hr Catholic24 8
News United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) Aug 31 3Way4me 9,681
News Pope Francis Affirms Evolution and Big Bang Theory Aug 30 Paul Porter1 421
News Ahead of pope's visit to US, some friction over... Aug 26 Belle Sexton 3
News Ahead of pope's visit to US, some friction over... Aug 25 Abrahamanic Relig... 1
More from around the web