Key verse---John 6:63, "It is the Spirit who gives life; the flesh is no help at all. The words that I have spoken to you are spirit and life."
It is the Spirit who gives life.......the flesh is NO HELP at all.
It means that "cracker" you eat and call it Jesus has no value at all. Zip! Zilch!! How is that?
Cly, truth never changes. The Roman Catholic cult interprets what they call "truth" to fit the theology of the day. Their brand of "truth" has changed much like a chameleon.
You said, quote, "If someone changes the word of God, are they still saved??" End quote.
Let's start with these questions for you regarding your salvation.
1. Are you saved?
2. How do you know you are saved?
3. How were you saved?
4. Who saved you?
5. Why did He save you?
6. From what did He save you?
7. Where are you going when your life ends?
8. Who said you are going there?
9. When will you arrive at your final destination?
10. Does eating a blessed cracker from a priest guarantee eternal life?
11. Does drinking a blessed bit of wine from a priest guarantee eternal life?
12. Why did Jesus die on a cross?
13. If Mary is co-redeemer why didn't she die on a cross?
14. If Mary was sinless why did she need a Savior?
15. In whom or what have you placed your faith?
16. Is it possible you are wrong?
Thanks Cly. You probably won't answer these questions but you need to contemplate them. Try to answer them and post your answers if you have the stones to do so.
Is there anyone on this forum who would answer these questions differently than Cly? If so, how would you answer them? Thanks, OldJG<quoted text>
1. Not yet. I'm still alive. Hopefully I can endure til the end and be with the Lord.
2. I know He died on the cross that we might be saved. I think I can endure. But so many Christians -like Ananias and Sapphira- have fallen. Acts 4:32
5. Because I am loved.
6. The cross at Calvary
7. The plan is Heaven.
8. Jesus Christ said "He who endures til the end shall be saved".
9. I don't know.
12. For the sins of the world.(not to eliminate free will)
13. Who believes Mary is co- redeemer?? Catholics don't.
14. Human life begins at conception. That's when Mary needed her Savior. God could do it for her at that point, because he's God and already knew what would happen to their child on Calvary.
15. Jesus Christ.
16. Yes its very possible I'm wrong. But not if I articulate the teachings from His Church correctly.