Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

Full story: CBC News 542,562
The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ. Full Story
OldJG

Rockford, IL

#466657 Jul 28, 2013
OldJG wrote:
<quoted text>
Key verse---John 6:63, "It is the Spirit who gives life; the flesh is no help at all. The words that I have spoken to you are spirit and life."
It is the Spirit who gives life.......the flesh is NO HELP at all.
<quoted text>
It means that "cracker" you eat and call it Jesus has no value at all. Zip! Zilch!! How is that?
<quoted text>
Cly, truth never changes. The Roman Catholic cult interprets what they call "truth" to fit the theology of the day. Their brand of "truth" has changed much like a chameleon.
You said, quote, "If someone changes the word of God, are they still saved??" End quote.
Let's start with these questions for you regarding your salvation.
1. Are you saved?
2. How do you know you are saved?
3. How were you saved?
4. Who saved you?
5. Why did He save you?
6. From what did He save you?
7. Where are you going when your life ends?
8. Who said you are going there?
9. When will you arrive at your final destination?
10. Does eating a blessed cracker from a priest guarantee eternal life?
11. Does drinking a blessed bit of wine from a priest guarantee eternal life?
12. Why did Jesus die on a cross?
13. If Mary is co-redeemer why didn't she die on a cross?
14. If Mary was sinless why did she need a Savior?
15. In whom or what have you placed your faith?
16. Is it possible you are wrong?
Thanks Cly. You probably won't answer these questions but you need to contemplate them. Try to answer them and post your answers if you have the stones to do so.
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
1. Not yet. I'm still alive. Hopefully I can endure til the end and be with the Lord.
2. I know He died on the cross that we might be saved. I think I can endure. But so many Christians -like Ananias and Sapphira- have fallen. Acts 4:32
3. N/A
4. Jesus.
5. Because I am loved.
6. The cross at Calvary
7. The plan is Heaven.
8. Jesus Christ said "He who endures til the end shall be saved".
9. I don't know.
10. No.
11. No.
12. For the sins of the world.(not to eliminate free will)
13. Who believes Mary is co- redeemer?? Catholics don't.
14. Human life begins at conception. That's when Mary needed her Savior. God could do it for her at that point, because he's God and already knew what would happen to their child on Calvary.
15. Jesus Christ.
16. Yes its very possible I'm wrong. But not if I articulate the teachings from His Church correctly.
Is there anyone on this forum who would answer these questions differently than Cly? If so, how would you answer them? Thanks, OldJG

Since: Sep 09

Quesnel, Canada

#466658 Jul 28, 2013
Simple wrote:
<quoted text>
I am not Catholic but not here to bash anyone.
We are all on the forum to bash the beliefs of others.

Belief-bashing is innate to human-nature.

Quesnel, Canada

#466659 Jul 28, 2013
Some people believe that ONLY others are dumber than bags of hammers.

I believe we are ALL dumber than bags of hammers.
hojo

Minneapolis, MN

#466660 Jul 28, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
As long as you stay in your cult, you will please your Catholic pope, as you will fight to be among "the chosen few" who according TO the pope are ONLY Catholics."
It will make your pope happy, and it will keep you fighting.
Catholics are not the "chosen few" regarding Salvation and Eternal life! It is God Our Father who is the "final judge" regarding heaven or hell for each one of us and that encompasses both Catholics, Protestants and even YOU JUNE!
Simple

United States

#466661 Jul 28, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
1. Not yet. I'm still alive. Hopefully I can endure til the end and be with the Lord.
2. I know He died on the cross that we might be saved. I think I can endure. But so many Christians -like Ananias and Sapphira- have fallen. Acts 4:32
3. N/A
4. Jesus.
5. Because I am loved.
6. The cross at Calvary
7. The plan is Heaven.
8. Jesus Christ said "He who endures til the end shall be saved".
9. I don't know.
10. No.
11. No.
12. For the sins of the world.(not to eliminate free will)
13. Who believes Mary is co- redeemer?? Catholics don't.
14. Human life begins at conception. That's when Mary needed her Savior. God could do it for her at that point, because he's God and already knew what would happen to their child on Calvary.
15. Jesus Christ.
16. Yes its very possible I'm wrong. But not if I articulate the teachings from His Church correctly.
Excellent answers!
OldJG

Rockford, IL

#466662 Jul 28, 2013
Seraphima wrote:
<quoted text>.THIS FORUM IS NOT ABOUT THE ORTHODOX CHURCH.IT IS ABOUT YOUR CHURCH CLAIMING TO BE THE TRUE CHURCH.
hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
Which it is!!!!The Apostolic Catholic Church is both historically and biblically-PROVEN to be-"THE" ONE TRUE CHURCH-that Jesus Christ HIMSELF, intitiated formed and established -----however---it is not the only Church!!
You have no clue what a "chruch" really is.

You said, quote, "The Apostolic Catholic Church is both historically and biblically-PROVEN to be-"THE" ONE TRUE CHURCH-that Jesus Christ HIMSELF, intitiated formed and established -----however---it is not the only Church!!" End quote.

Where might I find Jesus Christ Himself naming His "church" the Roman Catholic church? Provide Scripture and we will believe. If not, please sit down and SHUT UP.

You have stated the same thing 42,000 times. Look behind you. No one is following your lead. Gee, I wonder why. LOL LOL LOL

Quesnel, Canada

#466663 Jul 28, 2013
hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
Which it is!!!!The Apostolic Catholic Church is both historically and biblically-PROVEN to be-"THE" ONE TRUE CHURCH-that Jesus Christ HIMSELF, intitiated formed and established -----however---it is not the only Church!!
Men of the Catholic religion established with their written words that a Jew broke away from Judaism and his temple to establish a Catholic church ... and you bought that ridiculous tale ... hook, line and sinker ... simply because you had a hole in your self that needed filling with the Catholic promise of SALVATION.
hojo

Minneapolis, MN

#466664 Jul 28, 2013
OldJG wrote:
<quoted text>
You want to brag about celebrating a lie? Have at it.
Also, Billy Graham preached to over one million in one location in one country. South Korea. Even your pope hasn't preached to over one million in one location. Good luck screwball.
Pope Francis has preached to over 3 million youth ALL WEEK in South America, in one location! Try to get your facts straight OldJG which has been "virtually impossible" for you, ever since you've been on this forum!!!

Quesnel, Canada

#466665 Jul 28, 2013
A kink in the theology

If Jesus comes to earth to save only Catholics, I suggest that the one and only god lied to the Jews.

Naughty, naughty god.

But then what could you expect from a god that (MEN WROTE) created evil?

Religion is BUNK!

Quesnel, Canada

#466666 Jul 28, 2013
hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
Catholics are not the "chosen few" regarding Salvation and Eternal life! It is God Our Father who is the "final judge"
Silly poop!

If the god is the final judge, why not let him do the "business" and retire from your sermonizing as though you know his business inside out.

:)

From my perspective from what you post ... you are certain that Catholics are the only ones favored by what used to be the god that favored ONLY Jews, and you are on the forum to try your best to convert others to Catholicism so that THEY can also be saved.

Quesnel, Canada

#466667 Jul 28, 2013
hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
Pope Francis has preached to over 3 million youth ALL WEEK in South America, in one location!
Is he preaching to them in the hopes that they will become Protestant?

Human Being

Elton, LA

#466668 Jul 28, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
Those Jews were very cunning when they wrote into their own book that GOD ordained them as "the chosen few."
The Catholics caught on to their scheme, and soon they taught that the same GOD ordained THEM as the chosen few.
Then the Muslims caught on to the scheme, and they taught that GOD ordained that THEY are the chosen few.
Then the Protestants caught on to the scheme, and they taught the GOD ordained them as the chosen few.
It's common sense that three groups out of the four have to be lying. But my guess is ... all of them are living a lie.
Religion is BUNK!
June:

An interesting view.

But if the "chosen few" are just one of many, it sort of blows your theme....

Good try. I had to think on that a bit!
Human Being

Elton, LA

#466669 Jul 28, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
A kink in the theology
If Jesus comes to earth to save only Catholics, I suggest that the one and only god lied to the Jews.
Naughty, naughty god.
But then what could you expect from a god that (MEN WROTE) created evil?
Religion is BUNK!
June:

Are you missing NASL again? A god that created good and evil comes from the Gnostics, not Christians....
hojo

Minneapolis, MN

#466670 Jul 28, 2013
OldJG wrote:
Seraphima wrote:
<quoted text>.THIS FORUM IS NOT ABOUT THE ORTHODOX CHURCH.IT IS ABOUT YOUR CHURCH CLAIMING TO BE THE TRUE CHURCH.
<quoted text>
You have no clue what a "chruch" really is.
Where might I find Jesus Christ Himself naming His "church" the Roman Catholic church? Provide Scripture and we will believe.
Where does it say in the bible that "every word, every phrase, every sentence" MUST be in the bible in order for it to be true. Where are the words: Trinity, bible only, Apostles Creed, etc.....You "fundies" continue to make up your own modernistic rules, spread your own opinions and make up your own personal bible interpretations or better yet (mis-interpretations. 2000 years of TRUE CHURCH HISTORY ---(proves, authenticates and verifies) the One True Apostolic Catholic Church that Jesus Christ HIMSELF intitiated, formed and authenicated. AND YES---we as Catholics ALL KNOW what the Church (really is) THE BIBLE CONFIRMS IT, in Acts 2 beginning with Jesus' 1st Church at Antioch, and all the Churches that followed: Thessalonica, Ephesus, Corinth, Colossus, Philippi,----- ALL headed by the Apostles with Bishops, Priests, Elders and Deacons ----ALL hierarchical, authoritative and visible (again headed by Bishops). Paul confirms what the Church IS in I Timothy 3:15 when he calls THE CHURCH (not the bible alone) as the Pillar, Pinnacle and foundation of the TRUTH.-- You "fundies" just keep "rowing around in circles" spinning in your bible only boat of confusion, contradiction and chaos---"inventing, creating and making up" your own personal opinionated (editorialized) Protestant church history book of legends, fiction and myths, which has absolutely "no basis" of ANY truth what-so-ever!!!
hojo

Minneapolis, MN

#466671 Jul 28, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Is he preaching to them in the hopes that they will become Protestant?
No! That they be unified in committing their lives to Jesus Christ!!

Quesnel, Canada

#466672 Jul 28, 2013
If a theologian guarantees you that he knows the truth about a god ... why would you believe him?

And if you are preaching to others that YOU know the truth about a god ... why would you believe your self?

Quesnel, Canada

#466673 Jul 28, 2013
hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
No! That they be unified in committing their lives to Jesus Christ!!
As a Protestant???

You are see-through.

nthabiy

Johannesburg, South Africa

#466674 Jul 28, 2013
why roma cotholic church belief in picture in most of the time?]

Quesnel, Canada

#466675 Jul 28, 2013
Human Being wrote:
<quoted text>
June:
Are you missing NASL again? A god that created good and evil comes from the Gnostics, not Christians....
It's in the old testament. And by the way ... according to old testament theology, Jehovah IS a Jewish god..

It was not nice of the ex-Jew Catholics to try to steal all the affections of that god for their selves.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>

Isaiah 45:7

I form the light, and create darkness; I make peace, and create evil. I am Jehovah, that doeth all these things.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >

By the way Robert ... if you believe that all who have faith in Jesus will be saved ... why did you leave your Protestant faith for Catholicism?

You are a slippery shyster ... in religion for the sole purpose of believing a god favors you and only others deserve hell!

YUCK!!!
hojo

Minneapolis, MN

#466676 Jul 28, 2013
OldJG wrote:
OldJG wrote:
<quoted text>
Key verse---John 6:63, "It is the Spirit who gives life; the flesh is no help at all. The words that I have spoken to you are spirit and life."
It is the Spirit who gives life.......the flesh is NO HELP at all.
<quoted text>
It means that "cracker" you eat and call it Jesus has no value at all. Zip! Zilch!! How is that?
<quoted text>
Cly, truth never changes. The Roman Catholic cult interprets what they call "truth" to fit the theology of the day. Their brand of "truth" has changed much like a chameleon.
You said, quote, "If someone changes the word of God, are they still saved??" End quote.
Let's start with these questions for you regarding your salvation.
1. Are you saved?
2. How do you know you are saved?
3. How were you saved?
4. Who saved you?
5. Why did He save you?
6. From what did He save you?
7. Where are you going when your life ends?
8. Who said you are going there?
9. When will you arrive at your final destination?
10. Does eating a blessed cracker from a priest guarantee eternal life?
11. Does drinking a blessed bit of wine from a priest guarantee eternal life?
12. Why did Jesus die on a cross?
13. If Mary is co-redeemer why didn't she die on a cross?
14. If Mary was sinless why did she need a Savior?
15. In whom or what have you placed your faith?
16. Is it possible you are wrong?
Thanks Cly. You probably won't answer these questions but you need to contemplate them. Try to answer them and post your answers if you have the stones to do so.
<quoted text>
Is there anyone on this forum who would answer these questions differently than Cly? If so, how would you answer them? Thanks, OldJG
Your Protestant question and answer "merry-go-round" game is just that-------A bible only GAME!!----- God HIMSELF will have the final "say" as to where each of us stand regarding these questions and others as they relate to our personal Salvation and Eternal Life........ Discussion like these are a "total waste of time"-------better spent for us Catholics at Daily Mass, the Word of God, the Eucharist, the other Sacraments and in prayer.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Philippines and Vatican release Pope Francis po... 3 hr KidlatNgayon 84
United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) 19 hr Married in 8,299
Selfies with Pope Francis cardboard cutouts pop... Sep 10 ELIAS IBARRA 5
Pope Francis pursues a thaw in relations with m... Sep 9 Andrez Lopez 2
Francis' letter to Cubans: Imitate Mary's joy, ... Sep 8 Crusader 1
St. Peter's overflows for historic day of 4 popes Sep 5 ELIAS IBARRA 49
Pope Francis' one-day trip expected to give Alb... Sep 4 Barbarian 1
•••

Pope Benedict XVI People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••