Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 600165 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 53:1.--6 "MATT 10:27"

#466291 Jul 27, 2013
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
I meant them not you Kay sorrv
No problem...

Since: Sep 09

Quesnel, Canada

#466292 Jul 27, 2013
truth wrote:
i say to you
tears
my tears will stay upon you aswll some as prayers
i am still strong tell you
how much time left
many time but not will be turn back for save
where you going all
yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
psalm 22
tears
earth sweare to heaven not will be secret between each other..no
where you liked hide yourself..no under sky not in core of earth not within you nothing what is not see
its nothing on you or your body nothing..but as yu think visible and not visible..nothing as zero you will be on hat day you will cry better not born nooooooo like never before better not be born..yeeeeeeeeeee
i see they liked died but can't
i fly i come in light..i come to late ..they liked died but can't..
yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee eeeeeeeeeee
better not be bornnnnnnnnnnnnn
they will cry they liked died but can'ttttttttttttttt
they will say better not to be bornnnnnnnnnnnn
yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
i see its bring me fort..
better not be born they will say
prayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy
You never cut and paste scriptures as "proof" of your supposed god's will.

WHY?
Clay

Chicago, IL

#466293 Jul 27, 2013
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
I FORGOT THAT .
Jesus said it was TRUE but you as a CATHOLIC say the Church is OK with not believing what JESUS HIMSELF SAID. according to YOUR OWN SCRIPTURE you SAY you gave the world ..
I AM TRULY SHOCKED seriously shocked ..And saddenid .
I thought it was only in ritual and Pope we disagreed .
Now the CHURCH can deny the things,the OT and Our Saviour said .
And you call US,heretics,
Jesus alluded to the Biblical story of Jonah and the Whale. He doesn't say its true.
Its perfectly ok to believe its true though.
I think its ironic you accept that purported miracle as well as other Biblical stories, but you reject that Christ could be present in the bread and wine.

“Unadulterated Grace - Rom 11:6”

Since: Jul 13

Chicagoland

#466294 Jul 27, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Here's a canon that was once followed, but has since dissipated into thin air giving the illusion that it never caused harm in the first place.
The idea that children could be illegitimate to a god is one of the most obnoxious teachings put forth by religion.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>
Defect of Birth
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Defect of Birth was, under former Roman Catholic canon law, a canonical impediment to ordination, stemming from illegitimacy. Under the current 1983 Code of Canon Law, illegitimacy no longer has any canonical implications or consequences.
That's their canon "law", which deals with "governing".

Quesnel, Canada

#466295 Jul 27, 2013
confrinting with the word wrote:
<quoted text>
~~~
There is a problem with
"those in other ancient cultures had and to this day have savior gods and sons of savior gods that they also believed were coming to save them" .
ancient cultures DO NOT PREDATE GOD...THAT CREATED THE HEAVENS AND THE EARTH...
MANY OF THEM ARE COPY CATS, OR....THEY HAVE HAVE RECEIVED INPUT FROM
THEIR FATHER THE DEVIL
Gen 1:1 In the beginning God created the heaven and the earth.
People in those ancient cultures believed that gods or goddesses created the heavens and the earths long before Christianity became a word.

They all had savior-gods and sons of savior-gods that they worshipped with just as much fervor and sincerity as you worship your image of a savior ... but you believe you are "special" ... which is simply your ego ruling over you with an iron-clad will to hold you in bondage, which is where you desire to dwell.

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 53:1.--6 "MATT 10:27"

#466296 Jul 27, 2013
CORRECTION
MATTHEW 15:16-19 SAYS NOTHING ABOUT A
POPE...
PAPAL SUCCESSION
THE ROMAN CATHOLIC CHURCH...
THIS IS THE REASON I CALL YOUR CHURCH A BUNCH OF INFIDELS..
YOU PICK THROUGH THE WORD OF GOD..TAKE WHAT SCRIPTURES
THAT MAKES UP YOUR OWN RELIGION,,,
YOU add
THE FABLE OF THE IMMACULATE CONCEPTION...
THE PERPETUAL VIRGINITY OF MARY
THE HOLY ASSUMPTION...
the fables about the Apostle Peter
AND PAPAL SUCCESSION
AND DENY THE REST OF IT...
YOU USE/NAME DROP/include... THE THE NAME OF JESUS...
TO MAKE YOUR DYNASTY PALPABLE TO THOSE THAT ARE
IGNORANT OF GOD'S WORD...
otherwise you have no use for Him nor His words..
AT THE END OF THE ROAD YOU PROMISE A DEAD END STREET..
NO ETERNAL SECURITY WHATSOEVER...
~~~

NOTE I believe in ===>conditional<=== eternal security...

THAT A PERSON CAN BE ETERNALLY SECURE,

IF THEY OBEY THE GOSPEL..

But the Roman Catholic Church makes no effort to meet the conditions

OF CONDITIONAL SECURITY

that the word of God requires,,

THEY HAVE PRESENTED THEIR OWN CONDITIONS...

CONDITIONS THAT CANNOT BE FOUND IN GOD'S ETERNAL PLAN OF REDEMPTION

THAT WAS SET BEFORE THE WORLDS WERE FRAMED.

THE COVENANT OF THE NEW TESTAMENT ...THAT IS SIGNED WITH THE BLOOD OF

JESUS...when he bowed his head on Calvary's cross SAID IT IS FINISHED...

AND SEALED IT FOREVER..

Quesnel, Canada

#466297 Jul 27, 2013
Free Grace 7 wrote:
<quoted text>That's their canon "law", which deals with "governing".
All canon laws were written to govern over the wills of other humans in the pretense that a god was the motivator.
truth

Perth, Australia

#466298 Jul 27, 2013
bad wishers as two lady with dark cloud from them..

accusers try set upppppp but they can't whats belong to real god

accusers
its is written accusers abusers asults and prosecution and killers..paul saul why you set up and prosecuted meeeeeeeee
davle pavle savle aul paul
readdddddddddddddddddddddddddd ddddd your wish with your timmotyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy yyyy jude and so on for 3 x silverrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr rr mony likers as stikers flikerssssssssssssssssssssssss ssss

light beautifull lght

better not to be borrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrnnnnnn nnnnnnnn

i say to you what i see

time which time..plenty time..i say to you but not return..they teach you likethatnot return where you go..
i am not going where you go..

in light its bring me see

better not to be born
they liked died but can't

i see i been in beautifull light
but i return i am alive very well..

pray better then any work..

Quesnel, Canada

#466299 Jul 27, 2013
LTM wrote:
<quoted text>
Wow HoJo, talk about putting your head in the sand. Stupid is as stupid does.
By believing a Jew is coming to save Protestants from suffering the fate of hell ... do you believe that YOU are wise???

My guess is ... you DO believe you are wise.
truth

Perth, Australia

#466300 Jul 27, 2013
your law is not my law
nooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

its love=jesus christ words
its ultimatum between you and your god..nothing between you and god not any law
its love
yeeeeeeeeeee
Clay

Chicago, IL

#466301 Jul 27, 2013
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
Jesus HIMSELF SPOKE of Jonah in the belly of the whale (see,Kay's post ))
I FORGOT THAT .
Jesus said it was TRUE but you as a CATHOLIC say the Church is OK with not believing what JESUS HIMSELF SAID. according to YOUR OWN SCRIPTURE you SAY you gave the world ..
I AM TRULY SHOCKED seriously shocked ..And saddenid .
I thought it was only in ritual and Pope we disagreed .
Now the CHURCH can deny the things,the OT and Our Saviour said .
And you call US,heretics,
Hey believe it if you want. I don't care.
Btw, the Church doesn't deny it or endorse it. They are silent on many OT stories and we are free to decide if we think its a parable -type story or an actual historical account.

** Earlier I said Jonah was a character. I only meant the whale. Jonah was a real person.

Quesnel, Canada

#466302 Jul 27, 2013
<quoted text>
~~~
At times my finger pointed at many folks ... you see
But in the end my finger curled and pointed back at me

Chicagoland

#466303 Jul 27, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
Maybe you can help me out with what your faith is. Because this is what I see from you all:
1. Christ is not guiding anyone to Biblical truth.
2..Or he's only guiding some of the born agains?
Or just you?
3. Christ and His Apostle were executed so that the world would be confused on the truth, mainly do to inept first and second century Christians- who believed and taught:
A. The Eucharist.
B. infant Baptism
C. Church hierarchy
D. Sunday as the day of the Lord.
4. Christ established a Biblical canon with no Earthly authority to interpret it?
5. The truth (although clearly messed up in the first century) was really messed up when Constantine legalized Christianity and combined Pagan Sun god worship with Christianity in 313 AD?
6. Five of the Apostles wrote letters to people but mysteriously, never explained exactly what they were trying to instruct. The truth was not that essential? Or it took Bible scholars in the 20th century to decipher the Ministry of Jesus Christ?
I literally could go on and on at the thousands of make believe scenarios and lack of logic coming from you guys. The Evangelicals are terrible at addressing the truth. They just mumble: bible bible bible bible. word of God. word of God.
If your scenario is truth, then Christ is a fraud and Christianity is nothing but another Hindu type or ancient mythology religion. Got it? He established Church, not a Book. You now wage a war against this Church with terribly misguided info, slander and propaganda.
First of all, your comment about ....
A. The Eucharist.
B. infant Baptism
C. Church hierarchy
D. Sunday as the day of the Lord....
..being taught, you assume when the Lord's Supper, it was in reference to "transubstantiation" , which, is was not. You could mention the "real presence" view, but even among that, there is a diversity of views, early on in Christianity. I can substantiate my point upon request.
As for "infant baptism", that is a "later" practice, and the Didache mentions only Adult baptism, and Tertullian also seem to reject the practice (for himself).
As for Church heirarchy, do understand "Sola Scriptura", which does not negate church authority, and tradition, but that those two things must be seen in light of Scripture having "paramount Authority"(as Augustine once said).
As for Sunday, I agree, however, I can also show you, early on in Christianity, that some chose to remain with Saturday. There was conflict early on between a Saturday and Sunday worship. I also don't believe your church claims, that you set forth the Sunday worship, as I can quote many that were practicing Sunday worship, BEFORE any pronouncement of your church. I can document and substantiate everything I have written to you here.
Now, regarding early Christians, and what Christ and the Apostles taught, they taught them in the languages of that time, which means, you can correctly translate over from one language to another, however, the meaning doesn't always carry over precisely the same(just like with the word "repentance" as an example).

Re: "4. Christ established a Biblical canon with no Earthly authority to interpret it?"

Answer: The Authority was given to the various churches, and Augustine even recognized diversity among the Canon, and did not seem to appeal to the Papal pronouncement over all other churches in this regard. That is not to say, Augustine didn't agree with your church on this matter, just that Augustine seen diversity and didn't appeal to Rome to settle the matter.

I believe THE CHURCH(collectively), is being guided, however, each believer has the responsibility to the guiding as well, and , teachers certainly can err(See James 3:1), which refutes "infallibility" of teachers.
Clay

Chicago, IL

#466304 Jul 27, 2013
<quoted text>
~~~
It doesn't matter what you say about the Catholic Church. In fact, your theories on Holy Scripture are not authoritative, so its best to keep them to yourself as I see you've already undid many teachings from the Apostles.

Say, yesterday you said the Roman Church messed up Christianity, then you gave 4 examples of corrupt practices that were clearly introduced hundreds of yrs before Rome legalized the faith.
So, in your opinion, at what point did everybody screw up the teachings from the Apostles? You proved to us it happened much earlier than Constantine. So when?

Quesnel, Canada

#466305 Jul 27, 2013
Before antibiotics, superstition ruled supreme.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>>

Microbe Hunters by Paul de Kruif … published 1926

Pasteur’s experiments were brilliant, but they had proved nothing about the how and why of human sicknesses. Pasteur was a trail-blazer, a fore-runner crying possible future great victories over disease, shouting about magnificent stampings out of epidemics; but meanwhile the moujiks of desolate towns in Russia were still warding off scourges by hitching four widows to a plow and with them drawing a furrow round their villages in the dead of night—and their doctors had no sounder protection to offer them.

Chicagoland

#466306 Jul 27, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
All canon laws were written to govern over the wills of other humans in the pretense that a god was the motivator.
You shifted of what I said concerning "the Canon" i.e Scripture, to, Canon law, which, are not the same.
truth

Perth, Australia

#466307 Jul 27, 2013
until you born again..verely verely=varaju varaju=liars
who say that

it is written about revelation..

its bring me in beautifull lighttttttttttttttttttt
i walk between them

i walk in light..no nothng happen to methat time

i see
they liked died but can't
better not to be bornnnnnnnnnnnnnnn
verely verely=varaju varaju=liars from begining

Chicagoland

#466308 Jul 27, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
The Jews of the Dead Sea Scrolls (Qumranite and Essenes) had 5 manuscripts of Tobit. That is more than other scriptures that are now in your KJV OT.
They also had the Book Sirach and I believe two others.
Since your whole list is built on top of that one lie. it comes crashing down.
Who's authority matters when interpreting scripture? Right now, you seem to be endorsing a theological free-for-all? each evangelical gets to navigate through the Bible for their own Christianity..
I have provided before, a detailed study, on this matter. See here(again):
https://bible.org/article/content-and-extent-...

Quesnel, Canada

#466309 Jul 27, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
** Earlier I said Jonah was a character. I only meant the whale. Jonah was a real person.
Was the whale also real???

:)

The idea that a human could spend three days in the digestive system of a whale, having no oxygen which to breath, and survive to preach yet another lie ... is the stuff of idiocy.

Quesnel, Canada

#466310 Jul 27, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
It doesn't matter what you say about the Catholic Church.
Does it matter to you what you say about those in all other religions spending eternity in hell???

I guess NOT HUH???

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) 5 hr Mr Sir 9,605
News What Divides Catholics and Protestants? (Apr '08) 6 hr barry 84,339
News Pope's upcoming visit inspires anxiety in Phila... 13 hr policestatepractice 1
News Philly to-do list before the Pope, Democrats ar... 16 hr policestatepractice 1
News Pope Francis Affirms Evolution and Big Bang Theory 20 hr Chimney1 304
News Drudge Report asks: Is Pope Francis the Antichr... Sun Edithbunker 1
News Hispanics energized by Argentinian pope's first... Jul 27 tomin cali 1
More from around the web