Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 673294 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

Clay

Saint Paul, MN

#466480 Jul 27, 2013
OldJG wrote:
How many popes have visited Israel? How many have visited Jerusalem?
I believe 3. Why? Is this a riddle? You've said this before but i didn't understand why. Is it some sort of Apocolyptic sign?

Since: Feb 12

Location hidden

#466481 Jul 27, 2013
hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't pay attention or give ANY credibility to "anti-catholic" (hack writers), such as this, who have a hostile and vindictive agenda against Jesus Christ HIMSELF and HIS (historically and biblically PROVEN One (and only one) TRUE Apostolic Catholic Church.
I am glad you feel that way. I have been trying my best to hold back and I am about to bust....Thanks again for the A-ok...lol.....oh and by the way, what I post is not against Jesus or His Church. It is against Your church which began in 1054 and is NOT the True Church that Jesus founded....He would never approve of such a horrific past history....OPA!

“GOD SO LOVED US”

Since: Aug 08

He Gave His SON,JESUS Christ

#466482 Jul 27, 2013
LTM wrote:
cont
20. The U.N. Was silent while the Jordanians enforced an apartheid-like
a policy of preventing Jews from visiting the Temple Mount and the Western Wall. These are incredible times. We have to ask what our role should be.
What will we tell our grandchildren we did when there was a turning point
in Jewish destiny, an opportunity to make a difference?
Where,to start .

If you have read any of my posts,..I firmly Believe the US became great for two reasons,..We were founded to allow,freedom to worship...which allowed,our settlers,to bring The Judeo Christian belief and raise our children all over this land..leading to our evangelism all over the WORLD.
Secondly ..despite our reticence during the War to allow more Jewish emigration...We allied with ISRAEL in the UN VOTE. And have allied with her since in the wars she has fought.despite the UN

UNFORTUNATELY we are now more UN ..Arab minded than ever before..And despite election promises ..We are helping her enemies.

Those who bless,Israel will be blessed..Those who curse her will be cursed.

This country's very survival is tied into what we do now,..for many reasons .

Is this the end times..Will we be the Babylon of Revelation ..destroyed by our own Sin .

Our leader has no love for Israel and less for Netanyahu.
He and the Vatican seem to side with the SO CALLED ancestral Palestinians ...

You should read the Jerusalem Series Series by Brock and Bodie Thoene.
Fiction but historical

The,Arabs during the war warehouse were in Jerusalem were allied with Hitler ..who Did not want them to emigrate. And if course the Arabs were dead set against the British mandate and letting Jews into the COUntry...IT IS THEIR COUNTRY

And the Vatican should stay out of its affairs. IMO.

If Netanyahu signs any treaties....well we know how it ends .

God save this country from itself and Israel from its enemies

Btw Kerry just promised billions in economic aid to build up the Palestinian economy...which should have come from their Arab brothers ..But Palestine is too valuable a weapon in the UN and the world .

Can you tell this,is one if my passions???

As Israel goes..so goes the world ..

“GOD SO LOVED US”

#466483 Jul 27, 2013
LTM wrote:
RoSesz
Apparently, Benjamin Netanyahu gave an interview and was asked about
Israel's occupation of Arab lands. His response was 'It's our land.'
The reporter (CNN or the like) was stunned. Read below "It's our land"
It's important information since we don't get fair and accurate reporting from the media and facts tend to get lost in the jumble of daily events.
'Crash Course on the Arab Israeli Conflict.'
Here are overlooked facts in the current Middle East situation.
These were compiled by a Christian university professor.
BRIEF FACTS ON THE ISRAELI CONFLICT TODAY....It takes just 1.5 minutes to read!
It makes sense and it's not slanted. Jew and non-Jew -- it doesn't
matter.
1. Nationhood and Jerusalem. Israel became a nation in 1312 B.C.E. Two
thousand years before the rise of Islam.
2. Arab refugees in Israel began identifying themselves as part of a
Palestinian people in 1967, two decades after the establishment of the modern State of Israel.
3. Since the Jewish conquest in 1272 B.C.E., the Jews have had dominion
over the land for one thousand years with a continuous presence in the
land for the past 3,300 years.
4. The only Arab dominion since the conquest in 635 C.E lasted no more
than 22 years.
5. For over 3,300 years, Jerusalem has been the Jewish capital. Jerusalem
has never been the capital of any Arab or Muslim entity. Even when the
Jordanians occupied Jerusalem , they never sought to make it their
capital, and Arab leaders did not come to visit.
6. Jerusalem is mentioned over 700 times in Tanach, the Jewish Holy
Scriptures. Jerusalem is not mentioned once in the Koran.
7. King David founded the city of Jerusalem. Mohammed never came to
Jerusalem.
8. Jews pray facing Jerusalem. Muslims pray with their backs toward
Jerusalem .
9. Arab and Jewish Refugees: In 1948 the Arab refugees were encouraged to
leave Israel by Arab leaders promising to purge the land of Jews.
Sixty-eight percent left without ever seeing an Israeli soldier.
10 The Jewish refugees were forced to flee from Arab lands due to Arab
brutality, persecution and pogroms.
11. The number of Arab refugees who left Israel in 1948 is estimated to
be around 630,000. The number of Jewish refugees from Arab lands is
estimated to be the same.
12. Arab refugees were INTENTIONALLY not absorbed or integrated into the
Arab lands to which they fled, despite the vast Arab territory. Out of
the 100,000,000 refugees since World War II, theirs is the only refugee
group in the world that has never been absorbed or integrated into their own
peoples' lands. Jewish refugees were completely absorbed into Israel ,
a country no larger than the state of New Jersey.
13. The Arab - Israeli Conflict: The Arabs are represented by eight
separate nations, not including the Palestinians. There is only one
Jewish nation. The Arab nations initiated all five wars and lost all five wa
16. The U.N. Record on Israel and the Arabs: of the 175 Security Council
resolutions passed before 1990, 97 were directed against Israel.
17. Of the 690 General Assembly resolutions voted on before 1990, 429
were directed against Israel.
18. The U.N was silent while 58 Jerusalem Synagogues were destroyed by the Jordanians.
19. The U.N. Was silent while the Jordanians systematically desecrated
the ancient Jewish cemetery on the Mount of Olives .
cont
BTW thanks,..I knew a lot of it ..just not the dates ...

Hers a few things of interest

Second part of this most interest

http://www.aish.com/ci/s/52292422.html...

Another great site

http://flashtrafficblog.wordpress.com/2013/07...

http://flashtrafficblog.wordpress.com/2013/07...
Clay

Saint Paul, MN

#466484 Jul 27, 2013
Free Grace 7 wrote:
<quoted text>.. In the Catholic Encyclopedia’s article on the “sacrifice of the mass,” it says this:“Passing over the teaching of the Alexandrine Clement and Origen, whose love of allegory, together with the restrictions of the Disciplina Arcani [Latin term meaning discipline of the secret], involved their writings in mystic obscurity…”
I researched as best as i could on Clement of Alexandria and Origen.

Origen, I was already familiar with, and knew he was a prolific 2nd century scholar, but not a Bishop, Priest or Deacon of the Catholic Church. In fact, he's not even a Saint in either the Orthodox or Catholic Churches.

There is no record of Alexandrine Clement. Perhaps Clement of Alexandria?

Like Origen and Tertullian, he is regarded as a 'church father' due to his contributions as a writer and theologian. Unfortunately, the Orthodox and Catholic Church do not view him as a Saint either, but a scholarly contributor to early Christianity. He was also considered a heretic by many because of his gnostic views.

In a nut shell osas7, its no wonder you found some sites that would attempt to pass these men off as Bishops or Popes who went against the Church. They were, however, educated scholars who did much good for the early Church.
Clay

Saint Paul, MN

#466486 Jul 27, 2013
Free Grace 7 wrote:
<quoted text>I have provided before, a detailed study, on this matter. See here(again):
https://bible.org/article/content-and-extent-...
Maybe im just tired. But i swear your link endorses my argument that the OT canon came after Christianity. Around 90 AD?

What do you make of the discovery of the Dead Sea Scrolls? Clearly Tobit and Sirach were included in these Jews' scriptures.
Clay

Saint Paul, MN

#466487 Jul 27, 2013
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
Ummmmmm no comment
Thats probably a good idea, Rose. This is some silly poem from the 17th or 18th century. Probably from a Protestant leaflet. Its meant to snag people away from the Church. They used to be successful in snatching people away from the Eucharist by passing this crap out.

I really do encourage you to research your own stuff. If you have questions about the Catholic faith, sit down with a Priest.

The internet will destroy the Evangelicals argument. All one needs to do is spend ten min researching where people like Old gee get their crap from. Its slander and deception. It will not prevail against truth...you should understand that.
socci

Cameron, MO

#466488 Jul 27, 2013

Rising numbers of Latins means the USA will become democrat majority.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Catholic_Church_...
"From the mid-19th century down to 1964 Catholics were solidly Democratic, sometimes at the 80%-90% level."

As of 2008 only 21% of Catholics are either strongly or weakly affiliated as a Republican.
www.catholicdemocrats.org/news/2008/06/more_d...

That's what happened to California which was a red state when Reagan was governor.

“GOD SO LOVED US”

#466489 Jul 27, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
Thats probably a good idea, Rose. This is some silly poem from the 17th or 18th century. Probably from a Protestant leaflet. Its meant to snag people away from the Church. They used to be successful in snatching people away from the Eucharist by passing this crap out.
I really do encourage you to research your own stuff. If you have questions about the Catholic faith, sit down with a Priest.
The internet will destroy the Evangelicals argument. All one needs to do is spend ten min researching where people like Old gee get their crap from. Its slander and deception. It will not prevail against truth...you should understand that.
Trust me I know,a,lot about the CATHOLIC CHURCH ..And I know that poem was,NOT a true thing ..I'm not senile yet

Have to tell you ..even though you all think I hate the CC I don't.

And your posts today upset me very much..as I honestly thought your theology unchanging FRIM what I learned .

How can a,Church believing in God say evolution is,valid .

Evolution says,our ancestor s were the same as,apes ancestor s..of course they used to s a y there was a missing link.

That is how,I saw your church today ..changing its TFUE teachings,to go along with the secular .

I think many things the Church did were ungodly in the past but really thought your theology on JESUS AND CREATION unchanging .
Mary Not so much.

Or that Jonah was a,maybe thing when Christ specifically mentions it .

You really threw me today and that IS a sincere comment ..

Declaring Mary ever virgin and Immaculately conceived was nit FRIM the early SCRIPTURE. But CREATION IS,FROM THE OLDEST SCRIPTURE.

Maybe you should be the one talks to the priest and I do not say THST to be mean..

You have disillusioned a person already disillusioned ..

The Mary part ..well we will all find out in heaven .

The,rest ..either your scriptures sacred or they are not..to be believed or not.

Just my opinion ..take it as you choose .
socci

Cameron, MO

#466490 Jul 27, 2013
Reagan passed amnesty and turned California blue state1

Location hidden

#466492 Jul 27, 2013
RoSesz wrote:
Sorry. I have never been this upset on this thread .fir months they have said how wrongg I was to leave the TRUE CHURCH and that I hate it if I bring up history .
That the Church never changes..it's always the TRUTH .
BUT oh wait. we can change or ignore scripture ..the church says it's ok .
The,words given to the OT writers, are not true..
True Church indeed
Rose the Best thing you could ever do was to leave that church!Dont let these catholics upset you.They are nothing but hot air bragging and trying to brain wash whom ever they can.That church has changed so many thing so many times that its pitiful.If you wanna know about the catholic church DONT go to a catholic site or ask a catholic for they will only tell you what they have been told and the so call TRUTH is always hidden even from them by the upper big shots.That church should go into the carpet cleaning business since it does a lot of sweeping stuff under the carpet..lol
truth

Thornlie, Australia

#466493 Jul 27, 2013
Moses law don't kill.
Jesus come.. law ..love.

Is Levite God?..no

How many God you have?

You liked killed all womens..mothers and female.
According Jew law you are inhereditary trough mother.
According Jewish law Israel must pray.

In blade is soul when Cain kill Abel ..God listen cry.

Scripture mention many many times all mans are siners.

Location hidden

#466494 Jul 27, 2013
Happy Anniversity Mr. and Mrs. Confrinting!!!God Bless You Both!!61 years is a long time .Congratulations!!!

Location hidden

#466495 Jul 27, 2013
Anniversary
truth

Thornlie, Australia

#466497 Jul 27, 2013
ha ha ha
to be happy or bless have less..

please tell me

Is God Englishman?

Did English language is fun for Satan?

Yes..Satan speak about separation..be bless to have less as poor.

“Unadulterated Grace - Rom 11:6”

Since: Jul 13

Chicagoland

#466498 Jul 27, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
I researched as best as i could on Clement of Alexandria and Origen.
Origen, I was already familiar with, and knew he was a prolific 2nd century scholar, but not a Bishop, Priest or Deacon of the Catholic Church. In fact, he's not even a Saint in either the Orthodox or Catholic Churches.
There is no record of Alexandrine Clement. Perhaps Clement of Alexandria?
Like Origen and Tertullian, he is regarded as a 'church father' due to his contributions as a writer and theologian. Unfortunately, the Orthodox and Catholic Church do not view him as a Saint either, but a scholarly contributor to early Christianity. He was also considered a heretic by many because of his gnostic views.
In a nut shell osas7, its no wonder you found some sites that would attempt to pass these men off as Bishops or Popes who went against the Church. They were, however, educated scholars who did much good for the early Church.
Can you quote me calling them a Pope Or Bishop? I didnt think so. However, they were church fathers(which I actually said before), and they representa some early thoughts in Christianity. Also, Origen was the first to give commentary on the Gospel of Matthew. Again, not everyone held to transubstantiation, which is what I have been saying.
Clay

Saint Paul, MN

#466499 Jul 27, 2013
Seraphima wrote:
<quoted text>Rose the Best thing you could ever do was to leave that church!Dont let these catholics upset you.They are nothing but hot air bragging and trying to brain wash whom ever they can.That church has changed so many thing so many times that its pitiful.If you wanna know about the catholic church DONT go to a catholic site or ask a catholic for they will only tell you what they have been told and the so call TRUTH is always hidden even from them by the upper big shots.That church should go into the carpet cleaning business since it does a lot of sweeping stuff under the carpet..lol
You lose credibility when you chime in about things you know nothing about. It proves you are not interested in truth.

“Unadulterated Grace - Rom 11:6”

Since: Jul 13

Chicagoland

#466500 Jul 27, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
Maybe im just tired. But i swear your link endorses my argument that the OT canon came after Christianity. Around 90 AD?
What do you make of the discovery of the Dead Sea Scrolls? Clearly Tobit and Sirach were included in these Jews' scriptures.
My Link endorses no Such thing... Free Grace 7 wrote:
<quoted text>I have provided before, a detailed study, on this matter. See here(again):
https://bible.org/article/content-and-extent -...
Simple

Chicago, IL

#466501 Jul 27, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
So you believe that John Calvin "got it right" HUH?
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >
From the book,“A History of Christianity … volume 2 Clyde L. Manschreck, Editor, comes the following………
Through a consistory of six clergymen and twelve laymen, Calvin enforced piety and rules of conduct more in the spirit of the Old than the New Testament. His overall rule was “to glorify God and praise him forever,” and the practical means of achieving this was strict discipline. He could not tolerate anything that seemed to dishonor God of the elect, and he punished drunkenness, profanity and divergent views with severity.
(18) Fines were assessed for not attending church, adulterers were sentenced to death, dancing was punishable by imprisonment, a child was beheaded for striking his parents. And a critic was beheaded for placing a placard on Calvin’s pulpit.
Not a follower just said he got it right on the point we were discussing. You knew that though and you do not look for truth but to win at words of wit or debate. Truth is not about who can say the most words or be the wittiest or obtuse. Truth is only found by those who seek truth not proving themselves right.

“GOD SO LOVED US”

#466502 Jul 27, 2013
Lets choose life wrote:
<quoted text>You know very little about the Church , rose. Please quit saying you do. I don't know why you left , but what you post here on the Church are lies and some of the things you post are absolutely bizarre, I don't know who told you these lies, but if you want to know about the Church, ask a priest. Tale RCIA classes, the classes start up in August everywhere.
One more time Knit..persnickety ..whoever ..You jump into a conversation ...please,Do not post to me nor insult me or my family again .as you keep doing for months ..it's unseemly ..just Post to others not me .please

FYI i was answering Clay about some posts he made that even you would not agree with .unless you think evolution is fine...if so greAt ..You and Clay can have a,talk

But if you do not believe me fine . Look over today's,posts or not.

If I disagree with something along with the others,who believe in what the bible says ..I will say so..

And even in today's heated debate ..no one was,accusing of lies until you .

I disagreed with Clay and he with me ..But we were courteous about it .

You live to get personal and its not necessary ...

So one more time post how you like But I will not be insulted personally ..again and I do not mean today

Thanks

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) 35 min ThineWillBeDone 10,476
News DeGeneres says her show is no place for anti-ga... Mar 22 sharona 406
News Pope Francis to visit Egypt on April 28-29: Vat... Mar 18 For an ISLAM-FREE... 1
News Pope Francis 'urges parents to have fewer child... Mar 18 Newt G s Next Rel... 24
News Benedict's Resignation: Blame Obama Mar 14 Texxy 1
News Pope discusses climate, immigrants in historic ... (Sep '15) Mar 13 Wall specialist 49
News The Real 'Muslim Ban' Is Happening in Muslim Co... Mar 6 synchronized 1
More from around the web