Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 599737 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

Since: Feb 12

Location hidden

#466251 Jul 27, 2013
Hermeneutics Smutics wrote:
<quoted text>No. Goddesses are not left out.My wife is sitting right here.
Honey, can I go shopping? lol

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 53:1.--6 "MATT 10:27"

#466252 Jul 27, 2013
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
So the CATHOLUC CHURCH dies nit teach that the bible is real regarding creation
That we,have a,missing link out there it lets,see now it's CALKED we have a a common ancestor with the apes,.
Or are you being sarcastic .
I choose to believe the bible ..
~~~

You will learn (as I have over the years) by observing and reading the post here in this forum ....

AND

Comparing what the Roman Catholic teach ..

.with GOD'S WORD.....the OLD AND NEW TESTAMENT...

There is very little that THE ROMAN CATHOLIC (so called ) teach

that can be found in the Bible.

I concluded long ago that it is a parasitic organization..

LIKE POISON IVY IT HAS SET IT'S ROOTS IN THE VINE...

BUT

IT IS A SEPARATE ENTITY..

JESUS SAID

Joh_15:1 I am the true vine, and my Father is the husbandman.

Joh_15:5 I am the vine, ye are the branches: He that abideth in me, and I in him, the same bringeth forth much fruit: for without me ye can do nothing.

IT IS NOT OF THE VINE...IT HAS ITS OWN ROOTS

THO IT'S ROOTS DRAWS STRENGTH FROM THE VINE AS A PARASITE.

IT DOES NOT BEAR THE SAME FRUIT AS THE VINE...

2Ti 3:1 This know also, that in the last days perilous times shall come.

2Ti 3:2 For men shall be lovers of their own selves, covetous, boasters, proud, blasphemers, disobedient to parents, unthankful, unholy,

2Ti 3:3 Without natural affection, trucebreakers, false accusers, incontinent, fierce, despisers of those that are good,

2Ti 3:4 Traitors, heady, highminded, lovers of pleasures more than lovers of God;

2Ti 3:5 Having a form of godliness, but denying the power thereof: from such turn away.

2Ti 3:6 For of this sort are they which creep into houses, and lead captive silly women laden with sins, led away with divers lusts,

2Ti 3:7 Ever learning, and never able to come to the knowledge of the truth.
Clay

Chicago, IL

#466253 Jul 27, 2013
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
So the CATHOLUC CHURCH dies nit teach that the bible is real regarding creation
That we,have a,missing link out there it lets,see now it's CALKED we have a a common ancestor with the apes,.
Or are you being sarcastic .
I choose to believe the bible ..
I didn't say all theories on Evolution are fact. However, its clear evolution played a role in the development of Gods creation. Evolution doesn't cancel out God. He still guided His creation. Its clear human life forms were around allot longer that 5, 10, and a 100,000 yrs before you guys claim.

Since: Sep 09

Quesnel, Canada

#466254 Jul 27, 2013
Free Grace 7 wrote:
<quoted text>Excellent choice. Here's the ironic thing, which is, that the Catholic church claims to give us the Bible, yet questions the stories with in it, which means that the Catholic Church can't be trusted, if the Bible can't be trusted.
The Catholics authorized that the bible was truth. But the new testament was created by Catholics ONLY for Catholics.

Do you GET that???

Just as the Jews didn't count on Catholics stealing THEIR show of being chosen as special ... Catholics didn't count on Protestants stealing their show as being chosen by "god" as being special.

If love-grabbing of the supposed god was not the aim ... you people would have nothing on which to re-lie.

"The bible says Jesus loves me ... I'm so lucky he loves me and not others."

Silly stuff in deed!
truth

Perth, Australia

#466255 Jul 27, 2013
they have very bad wish toward others..
ye its connect me see fast how much 003

its let me see instantly what they doing..

i been small child when from roof going toward me heavy things ..not kill me even horse will horse died under that..
i remember 003 i going down..me..maybe not but i been protected..its pool me go down near small rock just fit my tiny head.. hold things upon my head..no don't
be even scare..i remember i don't be scare..i don't know why?..no any tears..not never think i am going finish..no any darkness upon my mind..no
nk
Simple

United States

#466256 Jul 27, 2013
confrinting with the word wrote:
<quoted text>
I guess I reasoned that it would be understood that we are a Spirit
but any way if I must establish that we are a spirit that ascends to God
Here is onscripture concerning Jesus commending His spirit to God...
Luk_23:46 And when Jesus had cried with a loud voice, he said, Father, into thy hands
==>I commend my spirit: and having said thus, he gave up the ghost.
___
Here is the example of Mary the Mother of Jesus speaking of her spirit..
Luk_1:47 And my spirit hath rejoiced in God my Saviour.
~~~
Here is the example of Stephen when he was stoned to death
Act 7:58 And cast him out of the city, and stoned him: and the witnesses laid down their clothes at a young man's feet, whose name was Saul.
Act 7:59 And they stoned Stephen, calling upon God, and saying, Lord Jesus, receive my spirit.
I do and I will continue to side with someone who got it right, Jean Calvin.

Quesnel, Canada

#466257 Jul 27, 2013
Original version of the Christian hymn

Jesus loves me! this I know,
For the Bible tells me so.
Little ones to Him belong;
they are weak but He is strong.

Yes, Jesus loves me!
Yes, Jesus loves me!
Yes, Jesus loves me!
The Bible tells me so.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >

My version.

Jesus doesn’t love me, this I know
For the bible tells me so
He only accepts those who belong
To the Christian faith, and that is wrong

No, Jesus doesn’t love me
The bible tells me so.
Clay

Chicago, IL

#466258 Jul 27, 2013
Free Grace 7 wrote:
<quoted text>Excellent choice. Here's the ironic thing, which is, that the Catholic church claims to give us the Bible, yet questions the stories with in it, which means that the Catholic Church can't be trusted, if the Bible can't be trusted.
Jonah and the Whale are two characters in a Biblical story. Could it be actual fact? I think its probably not. But it doesn't need to an either. The lesson of the story is what's important.
I believe the CC teaches us that its ok to believe it and its ok to not. Science (which can bring us closer to the mind of God) says its not.

Quesnel, Canada

#466259 Jul 27, 2013
Even as a child I never wanted this Jesus fellow to love me. I figured if conditions were put on his love "for instance, not loving those in other religions" that I didn't want his supposed love either.

I thought more highly of my fellow humans than I did of Jesus and to this day I feel the same.

Religion is BUNK!
truth

Perth, Australia

#466260 Jul 27, 2013
people don't liked critic..no..people don't liked revil many secrets even if they know its not good..they choose call others mental..

Heaven sweare to earth not will be any secret..not up not down not in any so ever means..
do you liked me or not..i am not care..how you going call me..i am not care..i am as i am as i always been some..

who stay there..where..inside ..inner up over that gate
who me..no i don't go in.but i been there door start opening..noooooooooo

i am here..i am alive
hojo

Minneapolis, MN

#466261 Jul 27, 2013
atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>Rose, if you are saying that OSAS is Dom, and is a good teacher, you are wrong.
a Good Bible Teacher uses his own knowledge to impart to a student what the bible says, not what another person believes it says.
Oh you mean like "making it mean --ONLY--what each bible verse that you personally (have decided) that YOU want them to mean!!
THAT is the trademark of "every bible only--self appointed interpreting preacher or minister, who designates HIMSELF as a Bible Teaching EXPERT claiming to know and possess the truth of the Bible........ Lets see now--the number has surpassed 42,500+ contradicting, inconsistent and conflicting RELATIVE TRUTH Protestant "hodge-podge" denominations, and growing more and more each day into more and more "bible disorder"!!........ You Protestant "fundies" continue to "row around in circles" (with one oar) in your bible only boat of bewildered confusion, chaos and disordered contradiction!!!!......The basic fundamental historical and biblical TRUTH has, is and will ALWAYS remain with Jesus Christ, manifested IN and THROUGH HIS (Proven) One True Apostolic Catholic Church.......... That same Apostolic TRUTH has existed for over 2000 years with the Early Church Fathers of the Catholic Church who gave us the Canon of Scripture in 382,393 and 397 AD and the "indisputable fundamental and integrated TRUTH of the TRUE interpretation of the Bible----NOT 42,500+ contradicting and opposing (bible only) mumbo-jumbo personal opinions!!!!

“GOD SO LOVED US”

Since: Aug 08

He Gave His SON to Save us

#466262 Jul 27, 2013
Free Grace 7 wrote:
I was hoping he was kidding ..or saying WE don't believe the bible.

If they put it together ...declared it HOLY ..why would they now go down the secularscience road..which changes each generation..

Missing link found!!!!oh no that's not it...wait. no missing link..we have a a common ancestor .

Where does,ADAM come in .

Quesnel, Canada

#466263 Jul 27, 2013
Simple wrote:
<quoted text>
I do and I will continue to side with someone who got it right, Jean Calvin.
So you believe that John Calvin "got it right" HUH?
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >

From the book,“A History of Christianity … volume 2 Clyde L. Manschreck, Editor, comes the following………

Through a consistory of six clergymen and twelve laymen, Calvin enforced piety and rules of conduct more in the spirit of the Old than the New Testament. His overall rule was “to glorify God and praise him forever,” and the practical means of achieving this was strict discipline. He could not tolerate anything that seemed to dishonor God of the elect, and he punished drunkenness, profanity and divergent views with severity.

(18) Fines were assessed for not attending church, adulterers were sentenced to death, dancing was punishable by imprisonment, a child was beheaded for striking his parents. And a critic was beheaded for placing a placard on Calvin’s pulpit.

“GOD SO LOVED US”

#466264 Jul 27, 2013
Seraphima wrote:
<quoted text>Jethro, You are always in mine and nicks prayers! It is a blessing that they found this so early and that it is so small.Do not give up and keep your spirits high.It makes a huge difference! We are with you and with God all things are possiable!!!God Bless You!
Can I assume your church h believes in Creation ..in the bible???

No ape,ancestor as in evolution???

Either CLAY was being facetious or the C has changed its,teaching drastically ..
Clay

Chicago, IL

#466265 Jul 27, 2013
Free Grace 7 wrote:
Clay, Im at work right now, but when I have the time, I will address your posts. Also, I dont recall you responding to my post, where I challenged your view of your church having Authority over all other churches.
side note: Im límited to using my phone at the moment.
Well, evidently the CC doesn't have authority over all the other churches. Otherwise, there wouldn't be 45,000 of them.
But ONE of us has to have the authority to determine the true teachings of Jesus Christ. Somehow truth HAS TO BE CONVEYED to the faithful. I can't imagine Christ wanting it any other way.
We know from the handful of Evangelicals on this forum, that you are not led to Biblical truth, because there is no unison and no continuity of Christian teachings. Even you must admit that.

So if it ain't the Catholic Church, then who is it?

Location hidden

#466266 Jul 27, 2013
Where are you Clay????

Timeline of Roman Catholicism ... church is not supported by church history – not even Roman Catholic history.... Most of these changes resulted from the Roman Catholic church's yielding to ... The Mass as a daily celebration – 394 AD.

Ah am interested in your info that disputes this and shows the correct time table of your mess...err...mass.

“GOD SO LOVED US”

#466267 Jul 27, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
Jonah and the Whale are two characters in a Biblical story. Could it be actual fact? I think its probably not. But it doesn't need to an either. The lesson of the story is what's important.
I believe the CC teaches us that its ok to believe it and its ok to not. Science (which can bring us closer to the mind of God) says its not.
Science STARTED OUT to be looking at GOD'S CREATION ..it is now Secular looking to take God out of the picture .

And your Church is ok with it??

Location hidden

#466268 Jul 27, 2013
Clay wrote:
error: meant Col 2: 11-12. Not Corinthians.
Baptism is the new circumcision.

Scripture teaches not that it is necessary to baptize infants....if it did, Christ, our teacher, would have been baptized as an infant...He was about thirty when John baptized Him...

Ac 16:15 And when she was baptized, and her household, she besought us, saying, If ye have judged me to be faithful to the Lord, come into my house, and abide there. And she constrained us.

Note: The argument to support infant baptism is baseless:

Household: of uncertain affinity; a dwelling (more or less extensive, literal or figurative); by implication, a family (more or less related, literally...

It does not give any info on the age of persons in said household in that verse.......
hojo

Minneapolis, MN

#466269 Jul 27, 2013
Seraphima wrote:
<quoted text>http://www.youtube.com /watch?v=2A27WzAIWtcXX
......Is this your One True Church????
I don't pay attention or give ANY credibility to "anti-catholic" (hack writers), such as this, who have a hostile and vindictive agenda against Jesus Christ HIMSELF and HIS (historically and biblically PROVEN One (and only one) TRUE Apostolic Catholic Church.

“GOD SO LOVED US”

#466270 Jul 27, 2013
hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh you mean like "making it mean --ONLY--what each bible verse that you personally (have decided) that YOU want them to mean!!
THAT is the trademark of "every bible only--self appointed interpreting preacher or minister, who designates HIMSELF as a Bible Teaching EXPERT claiming to know and possess the truth of the Bible........ Lets see now--the number has surpassed 42,500+ contradicting, inconsistent and conflicting RELATIVE TRUTH Protestant "hodge-podge" denominations, and growing more and more each day into more and more "bible disorder"!!........ You Protestant "fundies" continue to "row around in circles" (with one oar) in your bible only boat of bewildered confusion, chaos and disordered contradiction!!!!......The basic fundamental historical and biblical TRUTH has, is and will ALWAYS remain with Jesus Christ, manifested IN and THROUGH HIS (Proven) One True Apostolic Catholic Church.......... That same Apostolic TRUTH has existed for over 2000 years with the Early Church Fathers of the Catholic Church who gave us the Canon of Scripture in 382,393 and 397 AD and the "indisputable fundamental and integrated TRUTH of the TRUE interpretation of the Bible----NOT 42,500+ contradicting and opposing (bible only) mumbo-jumbo personal opinions!!!!
Ok I'll try you

HOJO

Do you believe in Creation as taught in the bible..or evolution as taught by secular science .

See as a kid I was taught Creation .

As an adult ..That while some species change over time within their species..talker ..older ..less or more teeth .

There US no evidence a t all for evolution between species.

We did nit have common ancestor s to a does as they now say replacing the missing link.theory ...SNCE THEY COULD NOT FIND ONE .

just change things or words to make their theories sound good .

Global warming ...oh wait 50s cold out there ..let's call t climate change .

Anyway Clay seems to think evolution ok..

You??? The CC

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News What Divides Catholics and Protestants? (Apr '08) 6 hr Redeemed 84,324
News Pope Francis Affirms Evolution and Big Bang Theory 16 hr Paul Porter1 266
News United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) Jul 28 Gee Tee 9,601
News Hispanics energized by Argentinian pope's first... Jul 27 tomin cali 1
News Philippines and Vatican release Pope Francis po... (Mar '14) Jul 26 pazuzu 91
News Pope previews long-awaited climate letter Jul 25 pazuzu 14
News Poll: US views of Francis dim; a plunge in appr... Jul 24 Bug Spray 20
More from around the web