Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 685979 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#466321 Jul 27, 2013
Who said this lie????

Christ was truly generated and born of a daughter of Adam, the Virgin Mary.

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#466322 Jul 27, 2013
This is a Catholic lie...

Those sins which are already forgiven directly by the Church’s Power of the Keys are a sufficient object of confession.

“Unadulterated Grace - Rom 11:6”

Since: Jul 13

Chicagoland

#466323 Jul 27, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, evidently the CC doesn't have authority over all the other churches. Otherwise, there wouldn't be 45,000 of them.
But ONE of us has to have the authority to determine the true teachings of Jesus Christ. Somehow truth HAS TO BE CONVEYED to the faithful. I can't imagine Christ wanting it any other way.
We know from the handful of Evangelicals on this forum, that you are not led to Biblical truth, because there is no unison and no continuity of Christian teachings. Even you must admit that.
So if it ain't the Catholic Church, then who is it?
We can go round and round, however, in order to scratch the surface here, we need to examine Christian antiquity, to see if Rome's "claims" stand, as one having Authority over all other churches(early on).
I see your frustration, and yes, I do agree that there are way to many interpretations, for various reasons, however, I do call into your question of "45,000", and would like for you to substantiate such a number, and not only that, show the evidence from one set of numbers, before arriving at "45,000"(which means you will show the link of evidence between the two sets of numbers). Also, where would you appeal for Rome's Authority, other than Scripture? I have asked this question more than once now, and have had no answer.
The Holy Spirit has the Authority in interpretation, and every man that searches, is accountable to God(not anyone else)(See James 3:1) for my line of defense.
June VanDerMark

Since: Sep 09

Willow River, Canada

#466324 Jul 27, 2013
Free Grace 7 wrote:
<quoted text>June, seriously, do you really think you are educated on the history of the Canon?
If canon law was aligned to the will of a god, why would a pope change the system to suit his self???

If you don't ask the pertinent questions, you don't want new information, and that is your right.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>

In the early part of the 20th century, Pope Pius X determined that the canon laws should be updated. He requested that extraneous text be removed and all of the documents be turned into one specific code. He also called for the removal of narratives and portions that were later deemed obsolete by newer revisions. This was released in 1919 as the Code of the Canon Law (1917) and went into effect in 1918.

http://answers.encyclopedia.com/question/cano...

Chicagoland

#466325 Jul 27, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, evidently the CC doesn't have authority over all the other churches. Otherwise, there wouldn't be 45,000 of them.
But ONE of us has to have the authority to determine the true teachings of Jesus Christ. Somehow truth HAS TO BE CONVEYED to the faithful. I can't imagine Christ wanting it any other way.
We know from the handful of Evangelicals on this forum, that you are not led to Biblical truth, because there is no unison and no continuity of Christian teachings. Even you must admit that.
So if it ain't the Catholic Church, then who is it?
Also, are you saying there is "continuity" and "unison" among the ancient churches? Yes or no. Also, please don't tell me you agree for the most part, because that can be played on both sides.

Here is a short list of disagreement between your church and the Greek Orthodox(not Eastern Catholic rite) Church:

1. OT Canon listing
2. Re-marriage (both of you say marriage is a sacrament)
3. Type of bread in the Eucharist
4. Papal Supremacy
5. Papal Infallibility
6. Immaculate Conception
etc.
June VanDerMark

Since: Sep 09

Willow River, Canada

#466326 Jul 27, 2013
Free Grace 7 wrote:
<quoted text>We can go round and round,
But let's face the truth of the "matter." It gives you an emotional high to believe you speak truth on behalf of a god.

And with no proof that you are telling the truth forthcoming, you can go on preaching until the day you die ... as though what you preach is of the highest value to society.

But that self-hypnosis causes harm to others who might take your VAIN words to heart and believe that they in deed ARE evil sinners.

Be careful when you use a bible to blemish the lives of other humans.

Your self-hypnosis might ultimately come at a high price to your own conscience.
truth

Thornlie, Australia

#466327 Jul 27, 2013
go on knee front of your Cross pray rosary

dear Jesus i will do everything what you wantfrom me ..

Dd god have plain with you..
yes it is
then others try stop you that you did not know to see did they are
yes it is..

it is written
in revelation
its bring me with light..yeee i been in light yeeeeeeee
nothing happen with me
i see light i see
they liked died but can't

better not to be born
it is written in revelation..
truth

Thornlie, Australia

#466328 Jul 27, 2013
Did God have plain with you?
yes it is
who going stop that..wicket..timoty juda who?

its going see all of them

see wicket set up then accuse..

“GOD SO LOVED US”

Since: Aug 08

He Gave His SON,JESUS Christ

#466329 Jul 27, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey believe it if you want. I don't care.
Btw, the Church doesn't deny it or endorse it. They are silent on many OT stories and we are free to decide if we think its a parable -type story or an actual historical account.
** Earlier I said Jonah was a character. I only meant the whale. Jonah was a real person.
JESUS Himself spoke of Jonah in the belly of the whale .

AND YOUR HOLY CATHOLIC CHUTCH IS SILENT ON IT so you can believe WHATEVER you feel like .

Are you serious ..I thought this was the TRUTH FROM THE ONLY TRUE CHURCH and you are free not yo believe it...

Also to believe in evolution as,opposed to the Creation of the bible..

YOUR SUPPOSED BIBLE THAT ONLY YOU PEOPLE A 'RE QUALIFUED TO SAY WHAT IT MEANS,.

so your CHUTCH can change scripture ..follow science ..NO WONDER YOUR CHUTCH DID NOT WANT THE COMMON MAN TO HAVE THEM ..
Ate you serious,

Since: Nov 08

usa

#466330 Jul 27, 2013
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
I pray that is so ..God bless you
And I agree on the rich churches..GOD'S,money ..That given to those,asking in His,name is,not for His,preachers,..or churches,.
They need Monet to serve their missions,..even internet and tv ministry .But enrichment ..no way.
Someone gave as site..
I looked up my favorite Christian Charity...
http://www.charitynavigator.org/index.cfm...
They use so little money for administration and fundraising ..all their money goes into helping ..a,lot of it into disaster areas and places like the SUDAN
SAMARITANSPURSE.org
They have a,4 star rating from this,Charity navigator
And wouldn't YOU know they are targeted among other Christian orgs
By t he,I R S.
Along with right leaning 501 and Pro Israel organizations ..
Anyway the point is not all religious orgs who collect money are charlatans.
These,people are at every disaster here and abroad with Practical help.
And did this in some places,like DARFUR way before the CELEBS found it on the map .
Probably the reason thEY were targeted...
The second part of this article is,MOST TELLING
http://www.aish.com/ci/s/52292422.html...
the presidents of these organizations make over $100,000 a year, does that seem right to you? in my state to live a comfortable life, with no back yard pools etc. just a simple ranch with a yard big enough to exercise my dog in and I'd be happy,$50,000 a year would be good enough for me to lead a charity,20-25% for promotions 15 to 20 grand a year for employees, the rest goes to the poor, every dime of it. no poor person shall be turned away, even if forfeiture of part of my salary is needed to help. and I would turn to the employees and ask to do the same.....because of my medical bills and regular bills, I have no money, but I still dig into my pocket and try to find some way to help out. one example, a guy came by in a truck while I was putting my recyclable trash, I had some metal in the pile and he was going to drive by, I guess out of embarrassment, I yelled and waved him back and I said you want the metal in my barrels? he said yes, and I asked you drove by because I was here right? and he said yes, I reassured him not to feel funny about it, you got a family? yes wife two young boys, you working, no got laid off. Never feel embarrassed for taking care of your family in an honest way, would never look down upon you for doing your best, I asked if he had a cell phone and he did, I told him if I come across any metal that he can profit from I'd call him, so I have been, I could keep the metal myself to sell, but I'm better off than he is, my house is paid for so I'll always have a roof over my head, he has a mortgage plus other bills, two kids are not cheap to raise, to give them just the basic necessities you need in life these days, so that is one of my charitable contributions I do to help someone out, who I believe is a decent guy fighting to keep his family together, now if he was a drunk or drug addict I'd tell him to take a hike.

“GOD SO LOVED US”

#466331 Jul 27, 2013
Free Grace 7 wrote:
<quoted text>We can go round and round, however, in order to scratch the surface here, we need to examine Christian antiquity, to see if Rome's "claims" stand, as one having Authority over all other churches(early on).
I see your frustration, and yes, I do agree that there are way to many interpretations, for various reasons, however, I do call into your question of "45,000", and would like for you to substantiate such a number, and not only that, show the evidence from one set of numbers, before arriving at "45,000"(which means you will show the link of evidence between the two sets of numbers). Also, where would you appeal for Rome's Authority, other than Scripture? I have asked this question more than once now, and have had no answer.
The Holy Spirit has the Authority in interpretation, and every man that searches, is accountable to God(not anyone else)(See James 3:1) for my line of defense.
Let me interject here ..if there CHURCH has changed its teaching to get along with science ..No God breathing life into Adam???

No Jonah and the whale spoken of by Jesus,.

Monkey ancestors ..earth millions of years old .

Than am most certainly glad they do not have authority .

They say it's,THEIR WRITINGS,..O NKY THEY KNOW WHAT IT SAYS..

But they can deny both creation ..And Jonah ..out of Jesus mouth ..

Basically call I Nguyen Him a liar

There is a word for that thinking ..it begins with an H.

Chicagoland

#466332 Jul 27, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
But let's face the truth of the "matter." It gives you an emotional high to believe you speak truth on behalf of a god.
And with no proof that you are telling the truth forthcoming, you can go on preaching until the day you die ... as though what you preach is of the highest value to society.
But that self-hypnosis causes harm to others who might take your VAIN words to heart and believe that they in deed ARE evil sinners.
Be careful when you use a bible to blemish the lives of other humans.
Your self-hypnosis might ultimately come at a high price to your own conscience.
Can you quote me, naming the "sins" of anyone here? If not, isn't it true you are misrepresenting me? The only shot you have at quoting me, is me quoting what the Bible says about the human condition being sinful, however, I have not taken any opportunities of discrediting anyone here because of their short comings.
The harm here, is you insulting repeatedly, instead of engaging the "facts" that are being sourced repeatedly.
I have spent many years, searching these things out, and it's not about me, it's about sharing what I have discovered with others, and hopefully, just hopefully, it will bless someone.

“GOD SO LOVED US”

#466333 Jul 27, 2013
Sorry. I have never been this upset on this thread .fir months they have said how wrongg I was to leave the TRUE CHURCH and that I hate it if I bring up history .

That the Church never changes..it's always the TRUTH .

BUT oh wait. we can change or ignore scripture ..the church says it's ok .

The,words given to the OT writers, are not true..

True Church indeed

Chicagoland

#466334 Jul 27, 2013
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
Let me interject here ..if there CHURCH has changed its teaching to get along with science ..No God breathing life into Adam???
No Jonah and the whale spoken of by Jesus,.
Monkey ancestors ..earth millions of years old .
Than am most certainly glad they do not have authority .
They say it's,THEIR WRITINGS,..O NKY THEY KNOW WHAT IT SAYS..
But they can deny both creation ..And Jonah ..out of Jesus mouth ..
Basically call I Nguyen Him a liar
There is a word for that thinking ..it begins with an H.
By all means, please do (interject):0)
truth

Thornlie, Australia

#466335 Jul 27, 2013
old prophets describe as they see..but not perfection in modern world with modern words as they describe as miracle and some monstrume..but symbolicly in both they been close..yee
it is written about virtue too ''understanding''..who can understood as gift from real Creator as God..
'understanding' is one of virtue..

they told you who can have ear can hear..
i say to you you can hear many voice even past away of your love ones..but every spirit is not holy..

i say to you 'concessness and understanding'

Did God have plain with you?
Who try stop that as well why?

Chicagoland

#466336 Jul 27, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
Maybe you can help me out with what your faith is. Because this is what I see from you all:
1. Christ is not guiding anyone to Biblical truth.
2..Or he's only guiding some of the born agains?
Or just you?
3. Christ and His Apostle were executed so that the world would be confused on the truth, mainly do to inept first and second century Christians- who believed and taught:
A. The Eucharist.
B. infant Baptism
C. Church hierarchy
D. Sunday as the day of the Lord.
4. Christ established a Biblical canon with no Earthly authority to interpret it?
5. The truth (although clearly messed up in the first century) was really messed up when Constantine legalized Christianity and combined Pagan Sun god worship with Christianity in 313 AD?
6. Five of the Apostles wrote letters to people but mysteriously, never explained exactly what they were trying to instruct. The truth was not that essential? Or it took Bible scholars in the 20th century to decipher the Ministry of Jesus Christ?
I literally could go on and on at the thousands of make believe scenarios and lack of logic coming from you guys. The Evangelicals are terrible at addressing the truth. They just mumble: bible bible bible bible. word of God. word of God.
If your scenario is truth, then Christ is a fraud and Christianity is nothing but another Hindu type or ancient mythology religion. Got it? He established Church, not a Book. You now wage a war against this Church with terribly misguided info, slander and propaganda.
Catholic Cardinal and theologian Yves Congar stated:

"The East never accepted the regular jurisdiction of Rome, nor did it submit to the judgment of Western bishops. Its appeals to Rome for help were not connected with a recognition of the principle of Roman jurisdiction but were based on the view that Rome had the same truth, the same good. The East jealously protected its autonomous way of life. Rome intervened to safeguard the observation of legal rules, to maintain the orthodoxy of faith and to ensure communion between the two parts of the church, the Roman see representing and personifying the West...In according Rome a ‘primacy of honour’, the East avoided basing this primacy on the succession and the still living presence of the apostle Peter. A modus vivendi was achieved which lasted, albeit with crises, down to the middle of the eleventh century."
Congar. Y.,(1982) Diversity and Communion (Mystic: Twenty–Third), pp. 26–27

Who is Yves Congar:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yves_Congar

You see, the "East" NEVER seen Rome as Rome sees herself, even from early on Christianity.

“GOD SO LOVED US”

#466337 Jul 27, 2013
jethro8 wrote:
<quoted text>the presidents of these organizations make over $100,000 a year, does that seem right to you? in my state to live a comfortable life, with no back yard pools etc. just a simple ranch with a yard big enough to exercise my dog in and I'd be happy,$50,000 a year would be good enough for me to lead a charity,20-25% for promotions 15 to 20 grand a year for employees, the rest goes to the poor, every dime of it. no poor person shall be turned away, even if forfeiture of part of my salary is needed to help. and I would turn to the employees and ask to do the same.....because of my medical bills and regular bills, I have no money, but I still dig into my pocket and try to find some way to help out. one example, a guy came by in a truck while I was putting my recyclable trash, I had some metal in the pile and he was going to drive by, I guess out of embarrassment, I yelled and waved him back and I said you want the metal in my barrels? he said yes, and I asked you drove by because I was here right? and he said yes, I reassured him not to feel funny about it, you got a family? yes wife two young boys, you working, no got laid off. Never feel embarrassed for taking care of your family in an honest way, would never look down upon you for doing your best, I asked if he had a cell phone and he did, I told him if I come across any metal that he can profit from I'd call him, so I have been, I could keep the metal myself to sell, but I'm better off than he is, my house is paid for so I'll always have a roof over my head, he has a mortgage plus other bills, two kids are not cheap to raise, to give them just the basic necessities you need in life these days, so that is one of my charitable contributions I do to help someone out, who I believe is a decent guy fighting to keep his family together, now if he was a drunk or drug addict I'd tell him to take a hike.
This charity spends MOST OF ITS MONEY on disaster relief. About 10 percent on find raising and administration

Designing shelters shelters for Haiti ..Risking their lives in Darfur.
Which our great leaders support their tormentors .

They were right THERR in Texas this year and on the heels of that in Oklahoma,..building and feeding folks .

That Navigator site has them at the highest rating ..compare that yo other charities..who spend tons to get MORE MONEY ..WHO D OEND YOND ON ADMINISTRATION.

I knew that already but it's nice to see it verified by an unbiased source .

I will give EHAT little I have to them any day .

Chicagoland

#466338 Jul 27, 2013
Carlton says
"Contrary to popular opinion, the word catholic does not mean "universal"; it means "whole, complete, lacking nothing." ...Thus , to confess the Church to be catholic is to say that She possesses the fullness of the Christian faith. To say, however, that Orthodox and Rome constitute two lungs of the same Church is to deny that either Church separately is catholic in any meaningful sense of the term. This is not only contrary to the teaching of Orthodoxy, it is flatly contrary to the teaching of the Roman Catholic Church, which considered itself truly catholic"

Carlton, C.,(1999), "The Truth: What Every Roman Catholic Should know about the Orthodox Church",(Regina Orthodox Press; Salisbury, MA), p22.

Case in point:
It is my contention, that NEITHER the Rcc or Greek Orthodox are truly "catholic" by definition in totality. The Great Schism, can be thanked for that.
Clay

Melrose Park, IL

#466339 Jul 27, 2013
RoSesz wrote:
Sorry. I have never been this upset on this thread .fir months they have said how wrongg I was to leave the TRUE CHURCH and that I hate it if I bring up history .
That the Church never changes..it's always the TRUTH .
BUT oh wait. we can change or ignore scripture ..the church says it's ok .
The,words given to the OT writers, are not true..
True Church indeed
I'm going to guess that you believe the Earth is 5,000 yrs old?

Chicagoland

#466340 Jul 27, 2013
Tertullian
"Was anything withheld from the knowledge of Peter, who is called "the rock on which the church should be built," who also obtained "the keys of the kingdom of heaven," with the power of "loosing and binding in heaven and on earth?" Was ANYTHING, again, CONCEALED FROM JOHN, the Lord's most beloved disciple, who used to lean on His breast to whom alone the Lord pointed Judas out as the traitor, whom He commended to Mary as a son in His own stead?"

The Prescription Against Heretics Chapter XXII.-Attempt to Invalidate This Rule of Faith Rebutted. The Apostles Safe Transmitters of the Truth. Sufficiently Taught at First, and Faithful in the Transmission.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) Aug 16 Married in 10,583
News Boston cardinal, Jewish leaders have Holocaust ... (Feb '09) Aug 12 Jeremy 24
News Evangelical Trump supporters want meeting with ... Aug 9 Ms Sassy 1
News What Divides Catholics and Protestants? (Apr '08) Aug 8 -Prince Of Darkness- 84,839
News Pope 'loves China', Vatican official says on tr... Aug 8 Harold 2
News Pope Francis accepts resignation of Boston Auxi... Jul 29 Anti- 2
News 'That's all he wanted': Spicer, a devout Cathol... Jul 25 misleading troller 2
More from around the web