Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 599831 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

“Sept.WeWelcomThe Pope”

Since: Apr 08

Saint John Paul II Pray 4 Us.

#466049 Jul 26, 2013
LTM wrote:
<quoted text>
That is why Luther, caused the reform, the catholic church was teaching orally what wasn't in the Bible. In fact they changed the context of the Bible , not being lead of the Holy Spirit, they built a religion of tradition assumption and maybe's.
They have added and subtracted from God's Holy Written word.
That is why they don't like people to read the Bible.
It makes the catholic church out to be lair's.

OX replied....
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
I was a Catholic,in my forties, when my Spiritual eyes and ears ere opened. The biggest surprise of my life was when I found that 99% of what I had been taught in Catechism, and heard from the pulpit, was not supported by Scripture!!!
Oh please, Catholics know and teach exactly what the Bible says.
You just want your own rules so you can do what you want. You just didn't want to follow the true rules of Jesus Christ.

OX and LTM
Two people that follow man-made churches.... so they can marry as many times as they like and live in sin... of course you like Martin Luther he gave you the thumbs up for that.

May God have mercy on your souls.

DNF

“Judge less, Love more”

Since: Apr 07

Born in Newark Ohio

#466050 Jul 26, 2013
hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
The Catholic Church has "consistently taught" (for over 2000 years) both the written and the unwritten (oral teachings) of Jesus Christ as TRUTH in revealing "the Word of God"....... In addition, the Church has "never failed" in proclaiming the TRUTH regarding its teachings on faith and morals"...... INDIVIDUALS PEOPLE are the ones that "FAIL" including (both Protestants and Catholics)BUT NOT The Catholic Church, which is the One True Apostolic Church that Jesus HIMSELF intitated and established, as it continues to proclaim the Doctrinal TRUTH as it has for over 2000 years!!
You still can't answer the question can you?

To paraphrase the words of Hulk Hogan "whatcha gonna do when Judge -O -mania runs wild on you?”

Matthew 25:31-46
The Sheep and the Goats
31 “When the Son of Man comes in his glory, and all the angels with him, he will sit on his glorious throne. 32 All the nations will be gathered before him, and he will separate the people one from another as a shepherd separates the sheep from the goats. 33 He will put the sheep on his right and the goats on his left.
34 “Then the King will say to those on his right,‘Come, you who are blessed by my Father; take your inheritance, the kingdom prepared for you since the creation of the world. 35 For I was hungry and you gave me something to eat, I was thirsty and you gave me something to drink, I was a stranger and you invited me in, 36 I needed clothes and you clothed me, I was sick and you looked after me, I was in prison and you came to visit me.’
37 “Then the righteous will answer him,‘Lord, when did we see you hungry and feed you, or thirsty and give you something to drink? 38 When did we see you a stranger and invite you in, or needing clothes and clothe you? 39 When did we see you sick or in prison and go to visit you?’
40 “The King will reply,‘Truly I tell you, whatever you did for one of the least of these brothers and sisters of mine, you did for me.’
41 “Then he will say to those on his left,‘Depart from me, you who are cursed, into the eternal fire prepared for the devil and his angels. 42 For I was hungry and you gave me nothing to eat, I was thirsty and you gave me nothing to drink, 43 I was a stranger and you did not invite me in, I needed clothes and you did not clothe me, I was sick and in prison and you did not look after me.’
44 “They also will answer,‘Lord, when did we see you hungry or thirsty or a stranger or needing clothes or sick or in prison, and did not help you?’
45 “He will reply,‘Truly I tell you, whatever you did not do for one of the least of these, you did not do for me.’
46 “Then they will go away to eternal punishment, but the righteous to eternal life.”

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 53:1.--6 "MATT 10:27"

#466051 Jul 26, 2013
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
A baby is a,baby and deserves,life as God gives it.
I do not defend any Religious CHURCH denomination.
Most certainly not anyone who hurts any CHild .
The CHUTCH is the body if believers in Jesus ..it is nit about property and money .
Only my preference but I would not attend or support a CHUTCH that hoards riches.
The CHURCH I attended had to rent out its Church proper ..we met in the meeting hall ..And gave space to a very poor Haitian church .
When the renting CHURCH left we had to join a home CHURCH congregation just to MSKE necessary repairs on the building .
The people I met there were nit well off by any worldly scale but very Godly imo
~~~

We share the Church.... where, I serve as Lead pastor with an ethnic group..

We have our midweek services on Wednesday night.

They use the Church for their own Thursday night services...and we meet

together every other Sunday.

On those evenings We have to have an interpreter

We enjoy each others fellowship.

DNF

“Judge less, Love more”

Born in Newark Ohio

#466052 Jul 26, 2013
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
If you have something to say about the info I posted...I will respond..
This may come as a shock to your brain but you responded and didn't address my questions.

Spin again dear.

“Sept.WeWelcomThe Pope”

#466053 Jul 26, 2013
headlines wrote:
ISRAEL to give POPE "Custody" of Temple Mount --
http://youtu.be/Qt9kEQB4ti8
Doubtful.
How can it be?? 7/25/13 the Pope is in Rio…. not at the Vatican. Ha, ha.
Plus the end times, Scripture says “no one knows the time or the hour but the Father”
And a Pope will never be king. More lies from anti-Catholics.

Amazing photos of Pope in Rio 7.26.13. Click on Pope's face to view.
http://news.yahoo.com/pope-tells-young-rio-tr...

#466054 Jul 26, 2013

And what did God make you?
KM
DNF:

I thank God every day that He gave me the tools to become a more compassionate soul. And I mourn that He didn't provide you with similar tools.

I believe God made me the way He desired. A gay man with HIV, a Christian, an Uncle, a brother, a son, and a good kisser (well that last part I had help on from others) and a great sense of humor.

DNF

“Life is a Banquet.......”

God created me to balance the filth from folks like you.

KayMarie:

Compassion? Where is it? You know nothing about me...including the way I treat people such as yourself, but you call me filthy, and say that I have no compassion.

God created you to glorify Himself. HIV hardly does that. God told you how to avoid such things.

Christian, Uncle, Brother, Son..OK so far.

Sense of humor? Where is the laugh?

Gay? Again, where is the laugh?(Try a dictionary.)

Good kisser???(Oh, I found the laugh!)

May God help you to be HIS representative.

KayMarie

DNF

“Judge less, Love more”

Born in Newark Ohio

#466055 Jul 26, 2013
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
If you have something to say about the info I posted...I will respond..
For 3 weeks now I have been helping a neighbor who almost died when her appendix burst. I may have missed some of you writing, but most likely I ignored it.

You aren't the center of my universe.

But thanks for the concern.

#466056 Jul 26, 2013
who="DNF" I'll gladly read the verse if you'd be kind enough to tell me the Book and Chapter.
I know it';s difficult to write rationally when your ego is in the way. I have the same problem occasionally.

Certainly. The one you referenced. Matthew 25.

KayMarie

Location hidden

#466057 Jul 26, 2013
LTM wrote:
<quoted text>
A girl I went to Home Church with also said the same thing.
It is surprising that other wise intelligent human beings, can't see the mockery the catholic church has made of God's Holy Word.
God's word is meant to be read daily, the Bible says we are to meditate on it .
Do not let this Book of the Law depart from your mouth; meditate on it day and night, so that you may be careful to do everything written in it. Then you will be prosperous and successful.(Jos 1:8)
Within your temple, O God, we meditate on your unfailing love.(Ps 48:9)
I will meditate on all your works and consider all your mighty deeds.(Ps 77:12)
I meditate on your precepts and consider your ways.(Ps 119:15)
Though rulers sit together and slander me, your servant will meditate on your decrees.(Ps 119:23)
Let me understand the teaching of your precepts; then I will meditate on your wonders.(Ps 119:27)
I lift up my hands to your commands, which I love, and I meditate on your decrees.(Ps 119:48)
May the arrogant be put to shame for wronging me without cause; but I will meditate on your precepts.(Ps 119:78)
Oh, how I love your law! I meditate on it all day long.(Ps 119:97)
I have more insight than all my teachers, for I meditate on your statutes.(Ps 119:99)
My eyes stay open through the watches of the night, that I may meditate on your promises.(Ps 119:148)
I remember the days of long ago; I meditate on all your works and consider what your hands have done.(Ps 143:5)
They will speak of the glorious splendour of your majesty, and I will meditate on your wonderful works.(Ps 145:5)
May my meditation be pleasing to him, as I rejoice in the LORD.(Ps 104:34)
Finally, brothers, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable-if anything is excellent or praiseworthy-think about such things.(Php 4:8)
Watch your thoughts; they become words.
Watch your words; they become actions.
Watch your actions; they become habits.
Watch your habits; they become character.
Watch your character; it becomes your destiny.
Author Unknown
It is no surprise to me:

For this people's heart is waxed gross, and their ears are dull of hearing, and their eyes they have closed; lest at any time they should see with their eyes, and hear with their ears, and should understand with their heart, and should be converted, and I should heal them.

DNF

“Judge less, Love more”

Born in Newark Ohio

#466058 Jul 26, 2013
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
I offered to help you...your reply, in affect, said that due to your superior wisdom, you would not stoop down to get help from a mere mortal.
Your reply to when salvation occurs was: At the moment of belief...that contradicts the following...which shows a fallible Bible...which it isn't....proof, from Scripture, that you are as wrong as rain..
Shall be = an event that will happen at some point in the future...it ain't a done deal....
Mt 10:22 And ye shall be hated of all men for my name's sake: but he that endureth to the end shall be saved.
Mt 24:13 But he that shall endure unto the end, the same shall be saved.
Mr 13:13 And ye shall be hated of all men for my name's sake: but he that shall endure unto the end, the same shall be saved.
Mr 16:16 He that believeth and is baptized shall be saved; but he that believeth not shall be damned.
Joh 10:9 I am the door: by me if any man enter in, he shall be saved, and shall go in and out, and find pasture.
Ac 2:21 And it shall come to pass, that whosoever shall call on the name of the Lord shall be saved.
Ac 11:14 Who shall tell thee words, whereby thou and all thy house shall be saved.
Ac 15:11 But we believe that through the grace of the Lord Jesus Christ we shall be saved, even as they.
Ro 5:9 Much more then, being now justified by his blood, we shall be saved from wrath through him.
Ro 5:10 For if, when we were enemies, we were reconciled to God by the death of his Son, much more, being reconciled, we shall be saved by his life.
Ro 9:27 Esaias also crieth concerning Israel, Though the number of the children of Israel be as the sand of the sea, a remnant shall be saved:
Ro 10:13 For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved.
Ro 11:26 And so all Israel shall be saved: as it is written, There shall come out of Sion the Deliverer, and shall turn away ungodliness from Jacob:
1Co 3:15 If any man's work shall be burned, he shall suffer loss: but he himself shall be saved; yet so as by fire.
1Ti 2:15 Notwithstanding she shall be saved in childbearing, if they continue in faith and charity and holiness with sobriety.
I don't know which version you usually use but here's some I like:

Matthew 5:11
New International Version (©2011)
"Blessed are you when people insult you, persecute you and falsely say all kinds of evil against you because of me.

English Standard Version (©2001)
“Blessed are you when others revile you and persecute you and utter all kinds of evil against you falsely on my account.

New Living Translation (©2007)
"God blesses you when people mock you and persecute you and lie about you and say all sorts of evil things against you because you are my followers.

Aramaic Bible in Plain English (©2010)
Blessed are you whenever they revile you and persecute you and they say every evil word against you for my sake, in falsehood.
http://biblehub.com/matthew/5-11.htm

DNF

“Judge less, Love more”

Born in Newark Ohio

#466059 Jul 26, 2013
The Fundamentalist Agenda By Davidson Loehr
http://www.uuworld.org/2004/01/feature2.html
"....From 1988 to 1993, the American Academy of Arts and Sciences sponsored an interdisciplinary study known as The Fundamentalism Project, the largest such study ever done. More than 100 scholars from all over the world took part, reporting on every imaginable kind of fundamentalism. And what they discovered was that the agenda of all fundamentalist movements in the world is virtually identical, regardless of religion or culture.
They identified five characteristics shared by virtually all fundamentalisms. The fundamentalists' agenda starts with insistence that their rules must be made to apply to all people, and to all areas of life. There can be no separation of church and state, or of public and private areas of life. The rigid rules of God—and they never doubt that they and only they have got these right—must become the law of the land. Pat Robertson, again, has said that just as Supreme Court justices place a hand on the Bible and swear to uphold the Constitution, so they should also place a hand on the Constitution and swear to uphold the Bible. In Khomeini's Iran, and in the recent Taliban rule of Afghanistan, we saw how brutal and bloody this looks in real time.
The second agenda item is really at the top of the list, and it's vulgarly simple: Men are on top... Men define the norms, and men enforce them. They also define women, and they define them through narrowly conceived biological functions. Women are to be supportive wives, mothers, and homemakers.
A third item follows from the others.(Indeed each part of the fundamentalist agenda is necessarily interlocked, and needs every other part to survive.) Since there is only one right picture of the world, one right set of beliefs, and one right set of roles for men, women, and children, it is imperative that this picture and these rules be communicated precisely to the next generation. Therefore, fundamentalists must control education by controlling textbooks and teaching styles, deciding what may and may not be taught.
Fourth, fundamentalists spurn the modern, and want to return to a nostalgic vision of a golden age that never really existed. Several of the scholars observed a strong and deep resemblance between fundamentalism and fascism. Both have almost identical agendas. Men are on top, women are subservient, there is one rigid set of rules, with police and military might to enforce them, and education is tightly controlled by the state. One scholar suggested that it's helpful to understand fundamentalism as religious fascism, and fascism as political fundamentalism. The phrase “overcoming the modern” is a fascist slogan dating back to at least 1941.

DNF

“Judge less, Love more”

Born in Newark Ohio

#466060 Jul 26, 2013
The Fundamentalist Agenda By Davidson Loehr

The fifth point is the most abstract, though it's foundational. Fundamentalists deny history in a radical and idiosyncratic way. Fundamentalists know as well or better than anybody that culture shapes everything it touches: The times we live in color how we think, what we value, and the kind of people we become. Fundamentalists agree on the perverseness of modern American society: the air of permissiveness and narcissism, individual rights unbalanced by responsibilities, sex divorced from commitment, and so on. What they don't want to see is the way culture colored the era when their scriptures were created.
Good biblical scholarship begins by studying the cultural situation when scriptures were written in search of their original intent, so that we can better discern what messages they may still have that are relevant for our lives. But if fundamentalists were to admit that their own scriptures are as culturally conditioned as everything else, they would lose the foundation of their certainties. Some scholars see evidence that St. Paul, for instance, had severe personal hang-ups about sex that may account for his harsh teachings about homosexuality and women. Many biblical scholars treat some of Paul's teachings as rants rather than revelations. But for fundamentalists, their scriptures fell straight from heaven in a leather-bound book, every jot and tittle intact.

DNF

“Judge less, Love more”

Born in Newark Ohio

#466061 Jul 26, 2013
From 1988 to 1993, the American Academy of Arts and Sciences sponsored an interdisciplinary study known as The Fundamentalism Project, the largest such study ever done. More than 100 scholars from all over the world took part, reporting on every imaginable kind of fundamentalism. And what they discovered was that the agenda of all fundamentalist movements in the world is virtually identical, regardless of religion or culture.
They identified five characteristics shared by virtually all fundamentalisms. The fundamentalists' agenda starts with insistence that their rules must be made to apply to all people, and to all areas of life. There can be no separation of church and state, or of public and private areas of life. The rigid rules of God—and they never doubt that they and only they have got these right—must become the law of the land. Pat Robertson, again, has said that just as Supreme Court justices place a hand on the Bible and swear to uphold the Constitution, so they should also place a hand on the Constitution and swear to uphold the Bible. In Khomeini's Iran, and in the recent Taliban rule of Afghanistan, we saw how brutal and bloody this looks in real time.
The second agenda item is really at the top of the list, and it's vulgarly simple: Men are on top. Men are bigger and stronger, and they rule not only through physical strength but also and more importantly through their influence on the laws and rules of the land. Men set the boundaries. Men define the norms, and men enforce them. They also define women, and they define them through narrowly conceived biological functions. Women are to be supportive wives, mothers, and homemakers.
A third item follows from the others.(Indeed each part of the fundamentalist agenda is necessarily interlocked, and needs every other part to survive.) Since there is only one right picture of the world, one right set of beliefs, and one right set of roles for men, women, and children, it is imperative that this picture and these rules be communicated precisely to the next generation. Therefore, fundamentalists must control education by controlling textbooks and teaching styles, deciding what may and may not be taught.
Fourth, fundamentalists spurn the modern, and want to return to a nostalgic vision of a golden age that never really existed. Several of the scholars observed a strong and deep resemblance between fundamentalism and fascism. Both have almost identical agendas. Men are on top, women are subservient, there is one rigid set of rules, with police and military might to enforce them, and education is tightly controlled by the state. One scholar suggested that it's helpful to understand fundamentalism as religious fascism, and fascism as political fundamentalism. The phrase “overcoming the modern” is a fascist slogan dating back to at least 1941.
The Fundamentalist Agenda

DNF

“Judge less, Love more”

Born in Newark Ohio

#466062 Jul 26, 2013
sorry about the double posts. My Firefox is acting up again.

“Sept.WeWelcomThe Pope”

#466063 Jul 26, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
I don't feed the hungry. I feed me.
I don't clothe the naked. I clothe me.
Observe how the pope and his entourage live, and you will see that the ones who started the Catholic religion by writing words in a new testament, preached words of love, while living lives of over-stuffed hogs.
Well charity does begin at home. If you can't afford to give God understand. lol

Google Catholic Charities... Surprise?

“GOD SO LOVED US”

Since: Aug 08

He Gave His SON to Save us

#466064 Jul 26, 2013
DNF wrote:
<quoted text>Thank you for correcting me and addressing my error.
As a gay man I am often accused of being a child molester and anti christian. Neither is true. I also don't oppose heterosexuals being married. I just think that under our code of civil laws, people of faith have a duty, as the Bible tells us, to obey secular laws.
It sickens me to see "christians" try to use their religion to justify committing religious discrimination in the work place.
I think many Christians and Definitely CATHOLUCS would be surprised to know how many gay people worship Christ and are in their churches.

I know one lady who flat out told me gay people do not go to the Catholic church ..which I know is NOT true

Living where I do ..there are a lot of gay people who go to work..the grocery store and church .

Some are my neighbors .

My newest neighbor who I consider a friend is gay..he took it on himself to mow the part of our lawn that my hubby had left for another day ..why..because he saw hubby having a hard time (bad knees and back)

Another gay man whom J have known for decades through work is a believer .

Will they go to heaven?? Are TH e y saved??

Will any of us,

Jesus knows,..And judging is way above my pay grade
LTM

Sault Sainte Marie, Canada

#466065 Jul 26, 2013
StarC wrote:
LTM wrote:
<quoted text>
That is why Luther, caused the reform, the catholic church was teaching orally what wasn't in the Bible. In fact they changed the context of the Bible , not being lead of the Holy Spirit, they built a religion of tradition assumption and maybe's.
OX replied....
<quoted text>
You just want your own rules so you can do what you want. You just didn't want to follow the true rules of Jesus Christ.
OX and LTM
Two people that follow man-made churches.... so they can marry as many times as they like and live in sin... of course you like Martin Luther he gave you the thumbs up for that.
No they don't StarC. I have talked to many ex-Catholic's who have told me exactly what Oxbow said.
They were never taught what was in the Bible, and discouraged from reading it.
Why would that be StarC?? why would a man who was suppose to be a man of God discourage people from reading the Bible God's written word.
Even if all that Jesus said wasn't in the Bible: what is in the Bible is what God did say. Why would you not want people read what ever there was to read.
The catholic church is trying to deny the people that right, by making claims they are not able to understand what was written??
God said He himself would teach His people, you don't believe God is able to make people understand His Holy Word.
That is why we pray for wisdom and a revelation of God's word, He will and is able to make His word crystal clear to all people.
You are short changing your self StarC. you are missing out on many Blessings.
Of receiving the true in your heart straight from God Himself.
I asked Him to write His words every one on my heart .
ARGUING with IDIOTS

Cottonwood, CA

#466066 Jul 26, 2013
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>I think many Christians and Definitely CATHOLUCS would be surprised to know how many gay people worship Christ and are in their churches.

I know one lady who flat out told me gay people do not go to the Catholic church ..which I know is NOT true

Living where I do ..there are a lot of gay people who go to work..the grocery store and church .

Some are my neighbors .

My newest neighbor who I consider a friend is gay..he took it on himself to mow the part of our lawn that my hubby had left for another day ..why..because he saw hubby having a hard time (bad knees and back)

Another gay man whom J have known for decades through work is a believer .

Will they go to heaven?? Are TH e y saved??

Will any of us,

Jesus knows,..And judging is way above my pay grade
Why would it surprise people that sinners attend church?
Guest55

Sikeston, MO

#466067 Jul 26, 2013
confrinting with the word wrote:
<quoted text>
~~~
It is all very easily under stood...
I am a spirit..
I live in a body
I possess a soul..
My Spirit is what is born again when I receive Jesus as My lord an savior
My Spirit should dominate and bring my body and psychic under subjection
and obedience the word of God...
As for my body ..it should be the temple of Gid
1Co 3:16 Know ye not that ye are the temple of God, and that the Spirit of God dwelleth in you?
1Co 3:17 If any man defile the temple of God, him shall God destroy; for the temple of God is holy, which temple ye are.
2Co_5:2 For in this we groan, earnestly desiring to be clothed upon with our house which is from heaven:
2Co_5:4 For we that are in this tabernacle do groan, being burdened: not for that we would be unclothed, but clothed upon, that mortality might be swallowed up of life.
Rom 8:19 For the earnest expectation of the creature waiteth for the manifestation of the sons of God.
Rom 8:20 For the creature was made subject to vanity, not willingly, but by reason of him who hath subjected the same in hope,
Rom 8:21 Because the creature itself also shall be delivered from the bondage of corruption into the glorious liberty of the children of God.
Rom 8:22 For we know that the whole creation groaneth and travaileth in pain together until now.
NOTE
Rom 8:23 And not only they, but ourselves also, which have the firstfruits of the Spirit,
even we ourselves groan within ourselves,
waiting for the adoption, to wit, the redemption of our body.
WHEN WE ARE BORN AGAIN... OUR SPIRITS ARE REDEEMED...
IN THE RESURRECTION OF THE BRIDE OF CHRIST
OUR BODIES WILL BE REDEEMED,
So... in other words OSAS?

#466068 Jul 26, 2013
StarC wrote:
LTM wrote:
<quoted text>
OX replied....
<quoted text>
OX and LTM
~~~

You wrote

"Oh please, Catholics know and teach exactly what the Bible says."

Your words make you more guilty before God...

Jas 4:17 Therefore to him that knoweth to do good, and doeth it not, to him it is sin.

the words of your Church are not greater than the words of Jesus

Joh_13:16 Verily, verily, I say unto you, The servant is not greater than his lord; neither he that is sent greater than he that sent him.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News What Divides Catholics and Protestants? (Apr '08) 11 hr par five 84,327
News Pope Francis Affirms Evolution and Big Bang Theory Thu Paul Porter1 266
News United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) Jul 28 Gee Tee 9,601
News Hispanics energized by Argentinian pope's first... Jul 27 tomin cali 1
News Philippines and Vatican release Pope Francis po... (Mar '14) Jul 26 pazuzu 91
News Pope previews long-awaited climate letter Jul 25 pazuzu 14
News Poll: US views of Francis dim; a plunge in appr... Jul 24 Bug Spray 20
More from around the web