Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

Full story: CBC News

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Comments (Page 22,485)

Showing posts 449,681 - 449,700 of532,069
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 55:11--"MATT 10:27"

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 26, 2013

Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
Well your first four take place before Rome legalized Christianity. This proves that your theory of Constantine infiltrating the Church and making it corrupt is false. It happened much sooner by Christians and not Pagan Rome.
The rest of your timeline is filled with misguided propaganda that you undoubtedly downloaded from some anti Catholic website. Its a classic case of how the Church holds a council because some heretics are preaching a false gospel. Then, after the Church clarifies the teachings in question, people like you turn around and stab them in the back- telling everyone "see, the CC just invented another teaching".
That's why I'm Catholic. You guys are pathetic excuses for Christians. Deception is the only thing that fuels your theology.
Now, for your timeline:
1903 AD Charles Parham picks up a Bible; reads the Book of Acts; and decides to launch a revival based on the passage about Pentecost. He figured he could channel the Holy Spirit and speak in tongues. Revivals expanded as unsuspecting people fell for the gibberish that everyone was mumbling.
Around 1950 AD: Confrint reads the Bible and declares himself an authority on Holy Scriptures.
You wrote

You guys are pathetic excuses for Christians. Deception is the only thing that fuels your theology.

I would rater be a pathetic excuse for a Christian ..STANDING BEFORE GOD

( AT LEAST I AM A CHRISTIAN) than be a Roman Catholic that has attempted

to replace GOD'S WORD AND

INVENT THEIR OWN...WRITEN THEIR OWN ROAD MAP... TO HEAVEN

THE BIBLE SAYS..

1Pe 4:17 For the time is come that judgment must begin at the house of God: and if it first begin at us, what shall the end be of them that obey not the gospel of God?

1Pe 4:18 And if the righteous scarcely be saved, where shall the ungodly and the sinner appear?

Since: Sep 09

Prince George, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 26, 2013

DNF wrote:
<quoted text>Too bad that when it comes to actually LIVING main passages the RCC fails so miserably.
And special you succeeds to live up to all of the god's expectations ... right???

Are you following these commandments ... and if not ... why not?
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>

Any person who curseth his mother or father, must be killed.(Leviticus 20:9)

If a man cheats on his wife, or vise versa, both the man and the woman must die.(Leviticus 20:10).

If a man sleeps with his father's wife... both him and his father's wife is to be put to death.(Leviticus 20:11)

If a man sleeps with his wife and her mother they are all to be burnt to death.(Leviticus 20:14)

If a man or woman has sex with an animal, both human and animal must be killed.(Leviticus 20:15-16).

If a man has sex with a woman on her period, they are both to be "cut off from their people" (Leviticus 20:18)

Psychics, wizards, and so on are to be stoned to death.(Leviticus 20:27)

If a priest's daughter is a whore, she is to be burnt at the stake.(Leviticus 21:9)

People who have flat noses, or is blind or lame, cannot go to an altar of God (Leviticus 21:17-18)

Anyone who curses or blasphemes God, should be stoned to death by the community.(Leviticus 24:14-16)

Prince George, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 26, 2013

confrinting with the word wrote:
<quoted text>
THE BIBLE SAYS..
What the Catholics authorized it to say when they compiled that data in the new testament!

You worship the same words authorized by the Catholics whom you refer to as liars.

Silly fool!

Prince George, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 26, 2013

atemcowboy wrote:
meant "Israel {cant} even get and take control of the Holy Mount"
It means to you what you DESIRE it should mean. Those are the tactics of all religious word-manipulators.

Prince George, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 26, 2013

DNF wrote:
<quoted text>I had an experince last week and can relate to why these religionists have turned you against them.
I saw a story here on Topix. The source was the FreeRepublic ( a christian site). I read the article and the comments on FreeRepublic.
I signed up and posted a comment to someone. I included Matt. 25:31-46 and asked them where to find the get out of jail free card for that passage.
I was promptly banned.
I've never been banned by Topix moderators, although several disgruntled religionists have tried their best to have me removed.

I have however had warnings.

Prince George, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 26, 2013

DNF wrote:
<quoted text>Kersey Graves and The World's Sixteen Crucified Saviors (2003)
Richard Carrier
[Editor's note: This is a conflation of three responses which were made by Richard Carrier to feedback and e-mail involving questions about the scholarhip of Kersey Graves, in particular, and about scholarship, in general, in the subject area about which Graves concerned himself in The World's Sixteen Crucified Saviors.]
The World's Sixteen Crucified Saviors: Or Christianity Before Christ is unreliable, but no comprehensive critique exists. Most scholars immediately recognize many of his findings as unsupported and dismiss Graves as useless. After all, a scholar who rarely cites a source isn't useful to have as a reference even if he is right. For examples of specific problems, however, see Hare Jesus: Christianity's Hindu Heritage, and some generally poor but not always incorrect Christian rebuttals. A very helpful discussion of related methodological problems by renowned scholar Bruce Metzger is also well worth reading ("Methodology in the Study of the Mystery Religions and Early Christianity" 2002). In general, even when the evidence is real, it often only appears many years after Christianity began, and thus might be evidence of diffusion in the other direction. Another typical problem is that Graves draws far too much from what often amounts to rather vague evidence. In general, there are ten kinds of problems that crop up in Graves' work here and there:
Graves often does not distinguish his opinions and theories from what his sources and evidence actually state.
Graves often omits important sources and evidence.
Graves often mistreats in a biased or anachronistic way the sources he does use.
Graves occasionally relies on suspect sources.
Graves does little or no source analysis or formal textual criticism.
Graves' work is totally uninformed by modern social history (a field that did not begin to be formally pursued until after World War II, i.e., after Graves died).
Graves' conclusions and theories often far exceed what the evidence justifies, and he treats both speculations and sound theories as of equal value.
Graves often ignores important questions of chronology and the actual order of plausible historical influence, and completely disregards the methodological problems this creates.
Graves' work lacks all humility, which is unconscionable given the great uncertainties that surround the sketchy material he had to work with.
Graves' scholarship is obsolete, having been vastly improved upon by new methods, materials, discoveries, and textual criticism in the century since he worked. In fact, almost every historical work written before 1950 is regarded as outdated and untrustworthy by historians today.
All this is not to say Graves didn't have some things right. But you will never be able to tell what he has right from what he has wrong without totally redoing all his research and beyond, which makes him utterly useless to historians as a source.
http://www.infidels.org/library/modern/richar...
We all pick and choose our own preferred history.

Religion is a prime example of such favoritism. "My religion is true and yours is false ... blah, blah, blah!"

Prince George, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 26, 2013

<quoted text>
YOU WROTE
"I wish they would all leave me alone to love who I want to love."
:)"
_____
IT IS BY YOUR OWN VOLITION THAT YOU ARE HERE POSTING ON THIS FORUM
Be an adult for once ...in something ..and take responsibility for your own options/actions.
No one is forcing you to read or post here...
I suggest you read again what I posted, as I was not referring to my self. I was making a spoof about the supposed god that live in your imagination.

June VanDerMark wrote:

<quoted text>
If a god loves you (a Protestant) and disowns Catholics, he is one messed up ex-Jewish god!

:)

God talking to his self ... "Well, let's see now ... I first committed to love only the Jews ... but then the Catholics talked me into loving only them. But now KayMarie is even more persuasive than were those Catholics, so I guess I will flatter KayMarie as being the special one of the day. I wish they would all leave me alone to love who I want to love."

“Free gift means FREE”

Since: Jan 09

Chicagoland

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 26, 2013

June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
We all pick and choose our own preferred history.
Religion is a prime example of such favoritism. "My religion is true and yours is false ... blah, blah, blah!"
Everyone has a world view. Not just those of "religion".

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 26, 2013

June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
It means to you what you DESIRE it should mean. Those are the tactics of all religious word-manipulators.
~~~
THERE IS NO PERSON ON THIS FORUM
That works harder to be a manipulator THAN YOURSELF...

Prince George, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 26, 2013

According to the earlier Jews, there were multiple gods in existence.

Then some of the break-away Jews created the one-god dogma to in turn create the illusion that they were the one-god's chosen few.

Now these mud-running Jews and Christians and Muslims, all want center stage in the RUSH to believe a god favors ONLY them.

Stupid people!

If I were to believe in the existence of one god, it would only be fair of me to believe that all of them existed along with their goddess companions.

I won't favor your image of a god and state that those other images of gods and goddesses were simply illusion and your one god is REAL.

It would take a complete idiot to believe that was based on truth.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 26, 2013

who="Osas7" Has This Passage Ever Bothered You?
Matthew 25:31-46 - Works Salvation?
http://www.faithalone.org/magazine/y1988/88ma...
The Judgment of
Matthew 25:31-46
http://www.faithalone.org/magazine/y2011/11E2...

This is not 'works' salvation. It is...the Bible says...a JUDGMENT.
It judges between those who SAY they are good, and those who obey the gospel.

The conscience of the born again is troubled by the need of others, and they will 'feed the hungry','cloth the naked', etc.

The ones who do not do this will be judged 'guilty' of a lack of love.

KayMarie

Prince George, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 26, 2013

Osas7 wrote:
<quoted text>Everyone has a world view. Not just those of "religion".
I agree! But according to many devout religious believers (who only place high value on their own religions)... Atheists and other religionists have a misguided view of all issues and those in their own specialized religions have a "guided" view of all issues.

The imbalance is evident
For those who want to SEE
Look into the mirror
Self-inspection is the KEY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 26, 2013

who="June VanDerMark"
What the Catholics authorized it to say when they compiled that data in the new testament!
You worship the same words authorized by the Catholics whom you refer to as liars.
Silly fool!

Were that the case, it would be foolish to accept those words as truth.

However, the Catholics have been TAUGHT that their 'founders' authorized the Bible. But IF THAT WERE TRUE, the Bible would contain their teachings, and nothing in it would oppose their teachings.

KayMarie

Prince George, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 26, 2013

KayMarie
You indicate that you alone know the "MIND-SET" of the one and only GOD.

You are one of millions and millions of others who also perceived their selves as WISE men.

Arrogant fool!

“Love much, trust none”

Since: Jul 11

There

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 26, 2013

June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
If a god loves you (a Protestant) and disowns Catholics, he is one messed up ex-Jewish god!
God talking to his self ... "Well, let's see now ... I first committed to love only the Jews ... but then the Catholics talked me into loving only them. But now KayMarie is even more persuasive than were those Catholics, so I guess I will flatter KayMarie as being the special one of the day. I wish they would all leave me alone to love who I want to love."
This is the grave of Nicky Dee
Who died defending his Deity
His belief was true, his faith was strong
But he's just as dead as if he was wrong.

Prince George, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 26, 2013

The conscience of the born again is troubled by the need of others, and they will 'feed the hungry','cloth the naked', etc.
You honestly believe that you were called by a god to guide us on a righteous path.

You poor misguided mortal human-animal!

I believe that humans are no more important than are all other forms of life.

Religion is BUNK!

“Free gift means FREE”

Chicagoland

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 26, 2013

who="Osas7" Has This Passage Ever Bothered You?
Matthew 25:31-46 - Works Salvation?
http://www.faithalone.org/magazine/y1988/88ma...
The Judgment of
Matthew 25:31-46
http://www.faithalone.org/magazine/y2011/11E2...
This is not 'works' salvation. It is...the Bible says...a JUDGMENT.
It judges between those who SAY they are good, and those who obey the gospel.
KayMarie
So, in your view of Scripture, if one does not feed the hungry, or cloth the naked, they will be judged on whether they will go to heaven or not?

Prince George, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 26, 2013

I don't feed the hungry. I feed me.

I don't clothe the naked. I clothe me.

Observe how the pope and his entourage live, and you will see that the ones who started the Catholic religion by writing words in a new testament, preached words of love, while living lives of over-stuffed hogs.

“Free gift means FREE”

Chicagoland

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 26, 2013

June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree! But according to many devout religious believers (who only place high value on their own religions)... Atheists and other religionists have a misguided view of all issues and those in their own specialized religions have a "guided" view of all issues.
The imbalance is evident
For those who want to SEE
Look into the mirror
Self-inspection is the KEY
Just as you believe you are right, on what you just posted here, which means, I don't see the difference between believers and non-believers thinking they are right!

Prince George, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 26, 2013

G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
This is the grave of Nicky Dee
Who died defending his Deity
His belief was true, his faith was strong
But he's just as dead as if he was wrong.
Hahahahahahaha

Good one ... thanks.

This is the smoke from June VanDerMark
Who went up in the sky with one big spark
She cluttered the air with her debris
Now nobody knows where she may be

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 449,681 - 449,700 of532,069
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Search the Pope Benedict XVI Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
More 3 hr Warner 1
In Manila, Catholics pray for smooth succession (Mar '13) 8 hr SeniorPersonalsDating 102
Serbian patriarch reportedly opposed to canoniz... 13 hr Marko 3
United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) Mon Scales off 8,115
Newlywed El Pasoan meets Pope Francis Jul 18 Imperial Chicano 6
.com | Pope's hints on married priests trouble ... Jul 16 truth 1
Pope calls for Middle East cease-fire Jul 13 Zioni 5
•••
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••