Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

Full story: CBC News 548,737
The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ. Full Story

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#465873 Jul 25, 2013
Simple wrote:
<quoted text>
There is only one church. We can agree on that. Any joe shmoe that picks up a bible and does what is required to become a member of that body in God's eyes he will add him to that body. That body is the church. Are you taking the power out of God's hands to work directly with people? Is God limited by what the Catholic Church does? I am not sure where you stand but guess solid in the Roman Catholic faith.
You do realize that there were believers that took the message from Pentecost back to their respective countries. These followers have been following the word since the first century. Do you believe that Catholics are the only church or do you believe that the church is the believers that God has added to the church?
There is not "a" church"...the body is not the church....

NABre: Jesus’ church means the community that he will gather and that, like a building, will have Peter as its solid foundation. That function of Peter consists in his being witness to Jesus as the Messiah, the Son of the living God.

church: a calling out, i.e.(concretely) a popular meeting, especially a religious congregation (Jewish synagogue, or Christian community of members on earth or saints in heaven or both):--assembly, church.

Since: Sep 09

Fraser Lake, Canada

#465874 Jul 25, 2013
LTM wrote:
<quoted text>
This is very sad, indeed. Wow
This was written by a Protestant. This is very sad indeed. Wow!

Keep in mind that the peasants were starving, while Luther lived high on the hog.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>>

From the book,“History of Christianity,” by Clyde L. Manschreck … comes the following.

Luther believed that the sword of government had been given by God to the princes, and the peasants, even though treated unjustly, were not justified in taking the sword into their own hands. In his eyes they had become robbers and murderers, faithless and perjured. In his infamous essay, in May, 1525, Against the Robbing and Murdering Hordes of Peasants, Luther called on the nobles to use any means available to suppress the rebels.“Smite, slay, and stab, secretly and openly … as if among mad dogs,” he urged,“lest the whole land be ruined.” The peasants deserved death, Luther argued, because they had broken their oath of fealty, resorted to rioting and plundering, and masked their terrible sins with the name of the Gospel.
truth

Perth, Australia

#465875 Jul 25, 2013
i am not care what you say..definitly not..
thousand years people pray
yep

evil is evil
you don't need pray to evil

Real Creator not created people for suffering.

misleaders lead many people tribe and nations defeded yourself..yep for your biological existance..lucy is smart..

in matrix is long evil..very very very long

Location hidden

#465876 Jul 25, 2013
Clay wrote:
Good night to all the anti Catholics! I am going to bed. At night time, you guys have the floor. This is where you all slam each other with scripture verses, trying to make the others submit to your take on Christianity.
When the Catholics go away, you all participate in a game of Bible verse warfare. Last night, it was Sola Fide. One of you two are not led to Biblical truth on Sola Fide.
How about 'infant Baptism' tonight?
The Catholic Church teaches that infant Baptism is the new circumcision, taught by the Apostles.(Cor 2:11-12) The idea was for the two Christian parents (in the covenant of marriage) to bring forth their child to be initiated into Christianity just like the Jewish parents bring forth their infants for circumcision. This is from the Apostles teachings - both scriptural and oral.
The Apostles Baptized ENTIRE households. Everyone.
(acts 16:15, acts 16: 33, 1cor 1:16)
Christ commanded "bring me the children, do not hinder them"
You are ducking my question because you are afraid of the truth it reveals...

When a person dies and has not committed any sin...none..zilch. where will his soul spend eternity????
EXPERT

Cottonwood, CA

#465877 Jul 25, 2013
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
You are ducking my question because you are afraid of the truth it reveals...
When a person dies and has not committed any sin...none..zilch. where will his soul spend eternity????
All have sinned...

Location hidden

#465878 Jul 25, 2013
Simple wrote:
<quoted text>
No one has a soul, all are living souls. Then we die. At judgement we will be resurrected as eternal spirits.
(Christian Religious Writings / Theology) Christianity the spiritual part of a person, capable of redemption from the power of sin through divine grace..

See:the spiritual part of a person....

"part of a person" is not a person...

Location hidden

#465879 Jul 25, 2013
Clay....why are you hiding from me??

Is the written Word of God the Scripture I see in black and white in the Bible?? Yes or no..

Is "the oral Word of God" people speaking His Word...Yes or no...

Is "oral traditions"...teachings that are spoken only...not written...yes or no..

What you are saying the oral Word of God is the Bible(the oral word of God is basically the Apostles explaining the verses you guys now beat everybody over the head with)contradicts this teaching:

The word tradition (Greek paradosis) in the ecclesiastical sense, which is the only one in which it is used here, refers sometimes to the thing (doctrine, account, or custom) transmitted from one generation to another; sometimes to the organ or mode of the transmission (kerigma ekklisiastikon, predicatio ecclesiastica).

At first there was question only of traditions claiming a Divine origin, but subsequently there arose questions of oral as distinct from written tradition, in the sense that a given doctrine or institution is not directly dependent on Holy Scripture as its source but only on the oral teaching of Christ or the Apostles.

Why is that????

Location hidden

#465880 Jul 25, 2013
Simple wrote:
<quoted text>
There will be no such person.

Are you telling me that an infant is capable of sinning???

SIN: Any thought, word, desire, action, or omission of action, contrary to the law of God, or defective when compared with it.

Has got the cat your tongue???!!!! You ain't saying nothin'!!!!!

Location hidden

#465882 Jul 25, 2013
EXPERT wrote:
<quoted text>
All have sinned...

SIN: Any thought, word, desire, action, or omission of action, contrary to the law of God, or defective when compared with it.
EXPERT

Cottonwood, CA

#465883 Jul 25, 2013
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
No, I said all have sinned.
truth

Perth, Australia

#465884 Jul 25, 2013
rosary will tell you about transformation..
you don't liked rosary don't you!.. why?..
see peter holy cross upsidedown and jesus cross see ..words
heaven=neva eh

where is that 'y'

you put 'y' on road then you drive on road..then you put in many things that shape don't you..

now
truth

Perth, Australia

#465885 Jul 25, 2013
real creator created everything ..
what you can see and not see..

Location hidden

#465886 Jul 25, 2013
EXPERT wrote:
<quoted text>
All: Being or representing the entire or total number, amount, or quantity:

May all the world know that "Expert" says that infants, which are part of all of humanity, do have the capability to sin as in: Any thought, word, desire, action, or omission of action, contrary to the law of God, or defective when compared with it.

All my life I thought that the height of stupidity was a flea crawling up an elephant's leg with rape on his mind....you have proven me totally wrong!!!!!!
truth

Perth, Australia

#465887 Jul 25, 2013
do not say like that infant sin..
we say in-hereditary sin of your parents forefathers and fore-mothers..if if if who???!!!

mind m 'in'd..id..n-m=we have life as one= know you as complite thinking and doing as well soul..you can lived misery life as well deference life but your existance is at it is..
truth

Perth, Australia

#465888 Jul 25, 2013
don't be liar
is not nice say
then how can express myself

infant=innocent=id=soul=trough soul of children they know about parents and futureeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee. .

mosess say
-not be liar..not even indirect or direct

you need explain when you say 'infant'..
see infant in f an t..in an..
truth

Perth, Australia

#465889 Jul 25, 2013
you not convince me..in f an t
What others can set up even for far away future?
MICHAEL

Hamilton, Canada

#465891 Jul 26, 2013
EXPERT wrote:
<quoted text>
All have sinned...
I can't think of any bad act that I have committed in the past several years that would be considered a serious sin.

I'm in!!
Chuck

Dublin, OH

#465892 Jul 26, 2013
Clay wrote:
The Catholic Church teaches that infant Baptism is the new circumcision, taught by the Apostles.(Cor 2:11-12) The idea was for the two Christian parents (in the covenant of marriage) to bring forth their child to be initiated into Christianity just like the Jewish parents bring forth their infants for circumcision.
The CC teaches that Baptism is necessary. But of course, one has to first hear the Gospel so they can freely make a decision.

**Can't change it now Clay, those are your words above. Doesn't matter if parents bring forth their child. An infant can not hear the Gospel to make a decision.
Normand Winnipeg

Winnipeg, Canada

#465893 Jul 26, 2013
EXPERT wrote:
<quoted text>
--- Yes, WE all need JESUS CHRIST to Save us and Redeem us and finally to Rapture us... JESUS CHRIST IS COMING SOON....
Back to Reality

Richmond, VA

#465894 Jul 26, 2013
I do not feel obliged to believe that the same God who has endowed us with sense, reason and intellect has intended us to forget their use.

Galileo Galilei

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Pope to visit Blue Mosque, Hagia Sophia in Turkey 14 hr Serkan Turkbayram 6
United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) 16 hr Mr Sir 8,518
Pope Francis leaves the beatification ceremony ... Mon Belle Sexton 11
Selfies with Pope Francis cardboard cutouts pop... Oct 18 ELIAS IBARRA 6
Catholic bishops take first step toward accepta... Oct 16 Mychihuahuawillbite 2
Pope Francis shows strong, unique leadership fo... Oct 15 Gremlin 2
Gradualism and Holiness Oct 15 RevKen 1

Pope Benedict XVI People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE