Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 636932 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

Since: Sep 09

Prince George, Canada

#466090 Jul 26, 2013
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
Sounds,right to me ..Jesus sees us through His Son .
We are to treat all men as brothers
Brothers that you are certain are only worthy of hell.

NO thank for your "treatment."

“Free gift means FREE”

Since: Jan 09

Chicagoland

#466091 Jul 26, 2013
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
I do not need further proof that you view he Sacred Word of God as fallible...this is enough proof:
Your reply to when salvation occurs was: At the moment of belief...that contradicts the following...which shows a fallible Bible...which it isn't....proof, from Scripture, that you are as wrong as rain..
I believe, Scripture is the inerrant word of God. Just because you have a hard time reconciling verses, doesn't mean it's my problem, nope, it's your problem.

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#466092 Jul 26, 2013
Osas7 wrote:
<quoted text>Clay, with all due respect, I challenge your church authority in its singular sense, against all other churches. I challenge you both theologically, and even within using the patristics, even your own church historians/theologians. Are you up for that? For starters, where would you point to, to establish authority, aside from Scripture?
And I offer my full support because you are speakinmg truth...based on Scripture..

However, your ego and pride probably won't allow it..(as much as I tried...I just couldn't resist it!!!!!)

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

"ISA 53:1.--6 "MATT 10:27"

#466093 Jul 26, 2013
Osas7 wrote:
<quoted text>Clay, with all due respect, I challenge your church authority in its singular sense, against all other churches. I challenge you both theologically, and even within using the patristics, even your own church historians/theologians. Are you up for that? For starters, where would you point to, to establish authority, aside from Scripture?
Clay has no scriptures to establish any authority of the Roman Catholic Church...

Can you find any here...

Mat 16:16 And Simon Peter answered and said, Thou art the Christ, the Son of the living God.

Mat 16:17 And Jesus answered and said unto him, Blessed art thou, Simon Barjona: for flesh and blood hath not revealed it unto thee, but my Father which is in heaven.

Mat 16:18 And I say also unto thee, That thou art Peter, and upon this rock I will build my church; and the gates of hell shall not prevail against it.

Mat 16:19 And I will give unto thee the keys of the kingdom of heaven: and whatsoever thou shalt bind on earth shall be bound in heaven: and whatsoever thou shalt loose on earth shall be loosed in heaven.

Neither POPE...PAPAL SUCCESSION... ROME NOR CATHOLIC CHURCH,...IS

MENTIONED IN THE ABOVE SCRIPTURE.

IT JUST IS NOT THERE....

JESUS GAVE THE SAME AUTHORITY THAT HE GAVE PETER TO ALL HIS DISCIPLES IN...

Joh 20:21 Then said Jesus to them again, Peace be unto you: as my Father hath sent me, even so send I you.

Joh 20:22 And when he had said this, he breathed on them, and saith unto them, Receive ye the Holy Ghost:

Location hidden

#466094 Jul 26, 2013
DNF wrote:
<quoted text>I don't know which version you usually use but here's some I like:
Matthew 5:11
New International Version (©2011)
"Blessed are you when people insult you, persecute you and falsely say all kinds of evil against you because of me.
English Standard Version (©2001)
“Blessed are you when others revile you and persecute you and utter all kinds of evil against you falsely on my account.
New Living Translation (©2007)
"God blesses you when people mock you and persecute you and lie about you and say all sorts of evil things against you because you are my followers.
Aramaic Bible in Plain English (©2010)
Blessed are you whenever they revile you and persecute you and they say every evil word against you for my sake, in falsehood.
http://biblehub.com/matthew/5-11.htm
What in the world does that have to do with the price of eggs in China????!!!!!!

Prince George, Canada

#466095 Jul 26, 2013
StarC wrote:
<quoted text>
Not true.... I've been Catholic all my life and was never denied the Bible.
Bible Possession Once Banned by the Catholic Church!

----------

ITEM #1 POPE INNOCENT III

Pope Innocent III stated in 1199:

... to be reproved are those who translate into French the Gospels, the letters of Paul, the psalter, etc. They are moved by a certain love of Scripture in order to explain them clandestinely and to preach them to one another. The mysteries of the faith are not to explained rashly to anyone. Usually in fact, they cannot be understood by everyone but only by those who are qualified to understand them with informed intelligence. The depth of the divine Scriptures is such that not only the illiterate and uninitiated have difficulty understanding them, but also the educated and the gifted (Denzinger-Schönmetzer, Enchiridion Symbolorum 770-771)

Source: Bridging the Gap - Lectio Divina, Religious Education, and the Have-not's by Father John Belmonte, S.J.

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

"ISA 53:1.--6 "MATT 10:27"

#466096 Jul 26, 2013
confrinting with the word wrote:
<quoted text>
Clay has no scriptures to establish any authority of the Roman Catholic Church...
Can you find any here...
Mat 16:16 And Simon Peter answered and said, Thou art the Christ, the Son of the living God.
Mat 16:17 And Jesus answered and said unto him, Blessed art thou, Simon Barjona: for flesh and blood hath not revealed it unto thee, but my Father which is in heaven.
Mat 16:18 And I say also unto thee, That thou art Peter, and upon this rock I will build my church; and the gates of hell shall not prevail against it.
Mat 16:19 And I will give unto thee the keys of the kingdom of heaven: and whatsoever thou shalt bind on earth shall be bound in heaven: and whatsoever thou shalt loose on earth shall be loosed in heaven.
IT JUST IS NOT THERE....
Joh 20:21 Then said Jesus to them again, Peace be unto you: as my Father hath sent me, even so send I you.
Joh 20:22 And when he had said this, he breathed on them, and saith unto them, Receive ye the Holy Ghost:
~~~

Joh 20:23 Whose soever sins ye remit, they are remitted unto them; and whose soever sins ye retain, they are retained.

Prince George, Canada

#466097 Jul 26, 2013

ITEM #2 COUNCIL OF TOULOUSE - 1229 A.D.

The Council of Toulouse, which met in November of 1229, about the time of the crusade against the Albigensians, set up a special ecclesiastical tribunal, or court, known as the Inquisition (Lat. inquisitio, an inquiry), to search out and try heretics. Twenty of the forty-five articles decreed by the Council dealt with heretics and heresy. It ruled in part:

Canon 1. We appoint, therefore, that the archbishops and bishops shall swear in one priest, and two or three laymen of good report, or more if they think fit, in every parish, both in and out of cities, who shall diligently, faithfully, and frequently seek out the heretics in those parishes, by searching all houses and subterranean chambers which lie under suspicion. And looking out for appendages or outbuildings, in the roofs themselves, or any other kind of hiding places, all which we direct to be destroyed.

Canon 6. Directs that the house in which any heretic shall be found shall be destroyed.

Canon 14. We prohibit also that the laity should be permitted to have the books of the Old or New Testament; unless anyone from motive of devotion should wish to have the Psalter or the Breviary for divine offices or the hours of the blessed Virgin; but we most strictly forbid their having any translation of these books.

Source: Heresy and Authority in Medieval Europe, Edited with an introduction by Edward Peters, Scolar Press, London, copyright 1980 by Edward Peters, ISBN 0-85967-621-8, pp. 194-195, citing S. R. Maitland, Facts and Documents [illustrative of the history, doctrine and rites, of the ancient Albigenses & Waldenses], London, Rivington, 1832, pp. 192-194.

“GOD SO LOVED US”

Since: Aug 08

He Gave His SON,JESUS Christ

#466098 Jul 26, 2013
Osas7 wrote:
<quoted text>They don't see Vatican I and Vatican II, as differing from one another, but of development, which to me, is just a cop-out imho.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Development_of_d...
Yes well the purpose of Vatican 2was to reject the idea that
Christ's,Churh is not solely THrough the Churh of Rome .
But so far some posters on Topix deny that .

Their blessed Pope John Paul urged unity of the Christian churches ..he a apologized for many wrongs done by the CC.

THEY say we do not understand what He said ..when anyone an read it.

I think the man was humbleandareal Christian

What I do not understand is why canonize him and then ignore what he s a I'd And did .

If I quote HIS words with links they say I hate the CC.
I DO NOT.

I THINK this man did more to bring the CC back to the Apostles than any other Pope .
That is not hating their Church

Prince George, Canada

#466099 Jul 26, 2013
<quoted text>
You have the scriptures that establish the Roman Catholic church. It's called the new testament on which you re-lie.

“Free gift means FREE”

Chicagoland

#466100 Jul 26, 2013
<quoted text>
Can you find any here...
IT JUST IS NOT THERE....
I will wait for him to reply, before I start giving answers on this. But thanks for your thoughts on the matter.

Prince George, Canada

#466101 Jul 26, 2013

1229 - The Inquisition of Toulouse imposed by Albigensian Crusaders forbids laymen to read the Bible.

Source: The People's Chronology, Revised and updated, by James Trager, Copyright 1992, 1994, published by Henry Holt and Company, ISBN 0-8050-3134-0, New York, page 108.

“Free gift means FREE”

Chicagoland

#466102 Jul 26, 2013
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
Their blessed Pope John Paul urged unity of the Christian churches ..he a apologized for many wrongs done by the CC.
What I do not understand is why canonize him and then ignore what he s a I'd And did .
I DO NOT.
I THINK this man did more to bring the CC back to the Apostles than any other Pope .
They still believe salvation comes through their church(as Jesus being the true Head), however, the way they word it now, is a little different, such as "no fault of their own"(or something like that). In other words, though if you don't recognize salvation comes through their church, you still can be saved, even if it is in ignorance.

Prince George, Canada

#466103 Jul 26, 2013
<quoted text>
~~~
We share the Church.... where, I serve as Lead pastor with an ethnic group..

We enjoy each others fellowship.
So you believe that a god called you to his service to teach others that if they don't follow your interpretation of biblical words they will go to hell.

You are a vile human, who should not be allowed anywhere near children whom you could infect with your idiocy.

Even adults take their chances with you as their supposed teacher of truth.

Arrogant idiot!

Prince George, Canada

#466104 Jul 26, 2013
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
I DO NOT.
Yet you refuse to acknowledge that Martin Luther and John Calvin were rabid brutes with bibles in hand. And there were many more Protestants of the same nature.

You have your head in the Protestant SAND!

Thomas Jefferson was also a devout Protestant.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>

About.com Civil Liberies.

In 1779, Thomas Jefferson proposed a law that would mandate castration for gay men and mutilation of nose cartilage for gay women. But that's not the scary part. Here's the scary part: Jefferson was considered a liberal. At the time, the most common penalty on the books was death.

http://civilliberty.about.com/od/gendersexual ...

“GOD SO LOVED US”

#466105 Jul 26, 2013
Osas7 wrote:
<quoted text>Check this article out:
http://www.faithalone.org/magazine/y1988/88au...
Very informative thanks. Yet again

Location hidden

#466106 Jul 26, 2013
StarC wrote:
<quoted text>
Not true.... I've been Catholic all my life and was never denied the Bible.
Its not that one can't understand the Bible... Its the interpretation.
This is why there is so many protestant churches, each with its own
interpretations. This board is a perfect example none of you agree.
IMO, those you speak of were not true Catholics, in name only... never went to church never understood the Holy Mass where we have more Scripture readings then any protestant church.
"If the Catholic Church discourages Bible reading, the Pope, the
thousands of Catholic Bishops, and the many millions of Catholic
lay people, are not aware of it. For the Popes have issued
pastoral letters to the whole Church, called encyclicals, on the
edifying effects of Bible reading. The Catholic Bible far
outsells all other Christian Bibles worldwide. In fact, it has
always been thus. The very first Christian Bible was produced by
the Catholic Church – compiled by Catholic scholars of the 2nd
and 3rd century and approved for general Christian use by the
Catholic Councils of Hippo (393) and Carthage (397)."
Christendom - forbid the reading of the Bible.

Not only did she forbid the reading of the Bible,
but she also forbid having posession of a Bible
in one's own home.

These were called the "Dark Ages" for obvious
reasons. The Apostate Church of Christendom was
at the peak of her power, and was afraid that if
her subjects owned and read Bibles, that they might
question some of the Church's actions and teachings.

“GOD SO LOVED US”

#466107 Jul 26, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
ITEM #2 COUNCIL OF TOULOUSE - 1229 A.D.
The Council of Toulouse, which met in November of 1229, about the time of the crusade against the Albigensians, set up a special ecclesiastical tribunal, or court, known as the Inquisition (Lat. inquisitio, an inquiry), to search out and try heretics. Twenty of the forty-five articles decreed by the Council dealt with heretics and heresy. It ruled in part:
Canon 1. We appoint, therefore, that the archbishops and bishops shall swear in one priest, and two or three laymen of good report, or more if they think fit, in every parish, both in and out of cities, who shall diligently, faithfully, and frequently seek out the heretics in those parishes, by searching all houses and subterranean chambers which lie under suspicion. And looking out for appendages or outbuildings, in the roofs themselves, or any other kind of hiding places, all which we direct to be destroyed.
Canon 6. Directs that the house in which any heretic shall be found shall be destroyed.
Canon 14. We prohibit also that the laity should be permitted to have the books of the Old or New Testament; unless anyone from motive of devotion should wish to have the Psalter or the Breviary for divine offices or the hours of the blessed Virgin; but we most strictly forbid their having any translation of these books.
Source: Heresy and Authority in Medieval Europe, Edited with an introduction by Edward Peters, Scolar Press, London, copyright 1980 by Edward Peters, ISBN 0-85967-621-8, pp. 194-195, citing S. R. Maitland, Facts and Documents [illustrative of the history, doctrine and rites, of the ancient Albigenses & Waldenses], London, Rivington, 1832, pp. 192-194.
Well that is informative ..Thanks,

Prince George, Canada

#466108 Jul 26, 2013
Those who are homosexual (for the most part) are very peaceful humans. It that were not the case, some of these preachers would be murdered outright for the denigrating nonsense they preach against gays from their buy-bulls.

Sickening!

And still no answer from god's holy teacher KayMarie or any of the other devout faithful adherers to god's most holy word about why they are not following the god's specific commands.

Surely you preachers of truth have a good solid answer somewhere tucked way in the pages of your buy-bulls.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>

Any person who curseth his mother or father, must be killed.(Leviticus 20:9)

If a man cheats on his wife, or vise versa, both the man and the woman must die.(Leviticus 20:10).

If a man sleeps with his father's wife... both him and his father's wife is to be put to death.(Leviticus 20:11)

If a man sleeps with his wife and her mother they are all to be burnt to death.(Leviticus 20:14)

If a man or woman has sex with an animal, both human and animal must be killed.(Leviticus 20:15-16).

If a man has sex with a woman on her period, they are both to be "cut off from their people" (Leviticus 20:18)

Psychics, wizards, and so on are to be stoned to death.(Leviticus 20:27)

If a priest's daughter is a whore, she is to be burnt at the stake.(Leviticus 21:9)

People who have flat noses, or is blind or lame, cannot go to an altar of God (Leviticus 21:17-18)

Anyone who curses or blasphemes God, should be stoned to death by the community.(Leviticus 24:14-16)

“GOD SO LOVED US”

#466109 Jul 26, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Yet you refuse to acknowledge that Martin Luther and John Calvin were rabid brutes with bibles in hand. And there were many more Protestants of the same nature.
You have your head in the Protestant SAND!
Thomas Jefferson was also a devout Protestant.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>
About.com Civil Liberies.
In 1779, Thomas Jefferson proposed a law that would mandate castration for gay men and mutilation of nose cartilage for gay women. But that's not the scary part. Here's the scary part: Jefferson was considered a liberal. At the time, the most common penalty on the books was death.
http://civilliberty.about.com/od/gendersexual ...
No one says a protestant is perfect

God uses,people for His purpose ..But they can sin obviously .

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Archbishop of Cologne Blasts Germany's Anti-Isl... 6 hr Marie-Luise_J 6
News Biden to see Pope Francis, discuss cancer cures... 9 hr Le Jimbo 1
News United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) Thu Im Just Saying 10,081
News Pope names new papal nuncio to the United States Apr 19 Tough Guy 6
News Pope Rescues 12 Muslims To Demonstrate How Euro... Apr 18 The_Prophet_Had_LICE 5
News Pope's Refugee Airlift Was Last-Minute 'Inspira... Apr 18 Jim 1
News Pope Francis urges greater acceptance of homose... Apr 18 Sansamore 31
More from around the web