Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 665419 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

Since: Sep 09

Chilliwack, Canada

#466017 Jul 26, 2013
People who are certain that a god is guiding them, should never be trusted to tell any truth whatsoever.

Such arrogance is to be human, but such arrogance is not to be trusted.

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#466018 Jul 26, 2013
Clay wrote:
error: meant Col 2: 11-12. Not Corinthians.
Baptism is the new circumcision.
Scripture teaches not that it is necessary to baptize infants....if it did, Christ, our teacher, would have been baptized as an infant...He was about thirty when John baptized Him...

Ac 16:15 And when she was baptized, and her household, she besought us, saying, If ye have judged me to be faithful to the Lord, come into my house, and abide there. And she constrained us.

Note: The argument to support infant baptism is baseless:

Household: of uncertain affinity; a dwelling (more or less extensive, literal or figurative); by implication, a family (more or less related, literally...

It does not give any info on the age of persons in said household in that verse.......

DNF

“Judge less, Love more”

Since: Apr 07

Born in Newark Ohio

#466019 Jul 26, 2013
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
You know nothing June from your comment of the desperation a pregnant teen or woman can feel .
It still would be better FOR HER SAKE not to have that child's blood on her hands..
Many people will give the child a home if she cannot .
Abortion is NOT reversible ..
I agree abortion isn't reversible. I have also had to deal with this in my own family.

Now the question you must ask is if that child is gay or lesbian will you still fight for it's rights with the same passion you do defending a church that carries insurance to cover child rape?

I see everyday the churches deciding to leave their denominations over "biblical principles'. And in the end those principles ALWAYS come down to who gets the money and property.
Human Being

Sunset, LA

#466020 Jul 26, 2013
Hermeneutics Smutics wrote:
<quoted text>=========
Human Being
There are many quotes from the "Desert Fathers" on the internet.
There are a couple whose names are well known.Usually we will not even recognize the name but will remember the quote.
Here is one of my favorites:
Abba Macarius the Great: Become a dead man
A brother came to see Abba Macarius the Egyptian, and said to him,‘Abba, give me a word, that I may be saved.’
So the old man said,‘Go to the cemetery and abuse the dead.’
The brother went there, abused them and threw stones at them; then he returned and told the old man about it.
The latter said to him,‘Didn’t they say anything to you?’ He replied,‘No.’
The old man said,‘Go back tomorrow and praise them.’
So the brother went away and praised them, calling them,‘Apostles, saints and righteous men.’
He returned to the old man and said to him,‘I have complimented them.’
And the old man said to him,‘You know how you insulted them and they did not reply, and how you praised them and they did not speak; so you too if you wish to be saved must do the same and become a dead man.
Like the dead, take no account of either the scorn of men or their praises, and you can be saved.’
Abba Macarius the Great, saying 23; Benedicta Ward, The Sayings of the Desert Fathers, p. 132
Tags:
Herme:

I have the book...,probably time for a reread. I have been rereading a lot of the "classics" lately, and finding that the time of the original reading, and my new readings, opens up a new viewpoint, new vistas, and a deeper appreciation of them.

This saying is a great lesson.....Be dispassionately passionate....Have equanimity.

Usually easier said than done, it is probably part of the virtues of temperance and fortitude. I hope the "brother" learned the lesson.(smiles)

DNF

“Judge less, Love more”

Since: Apr 07

Born in Newark Ohio

#466021 Jul 26, 2013
atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>GROW UP.
it has to do with the [rewards] that one garners arriving in Heaven.
now cut and paste me to death.
So you are saying that if I jump through all the hoops your minster or priest comes up with I'll get "rewarded" with spending eternity with folks like you who persecute and hate me just for being what God made me.

Your heaven is my hell.
Human Being

Sunset, LA

#466022 Jul 26, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
When I admit that I don't know what (if anything) occurs after the death of physical bodies, human and non-human ... I am chastised as evil for not believing in a creator, and for not believing that chosen ones will go to heaven and rejected ones will go to hell.
I don't believe such nonsense, and to not believe in nonsense can't be wrong ... can it???
If there is a creator, I will wait and take what's coming to me ... but I won't be brow-beaten by religious right-fighters to join ranks with one side against another as occurred all through the blood-lusting religions of history, and still is ongoing today.
For me ... religion is a thing of my past ... period.
June:

Good grief Charlie Brown, but you have such a persecution complex....

Chilliwack, Canada

#466023 Jul 26, 2013
My guess is that when people have a near-death experience, just because the equipment in a hospital flat-lines as though death occurs, doesn't mean that the brain-cells are dead. They could be so traumatized as to seem dormant on a man-created machine, but are still able to function at a low level of energy as to keep thoughts concerning those near-death experiences occurring.

When those brain-cells are completely dead and the man-created equipment after hours and maybe days can't pick up any activity ... that is when the physicians admit defeat.

If you have what you believe is a better theory ... please do express what you have in your arsenal.

Location hidden

#466024 Jul 26, 2013
LTM wrote:
<quoted text>
That is why Luther, caused the reform, the catholic church was teaching orally what wasn't in the Bible. In fact they changed the context of the Bible , not being lead of the Holy Spirit, they built a religion of tradition assumption and maybe's.
They have added and subtracted from God's Holy Written word.
That is why they don't like people to read the Bible.
It makes the catholic church out to be lair's.
I was a Catholic,in my forties, when my Spiritual eyes and ears ere opened. The biggest surprise of my life was when I found that 99% of what I had been taught in Catechism, and heard from the pulpit, was not supported by Scripture!!!

Chilliwack, Canada

#466025 Jul 26, 2013
Human Being wrote:
<quoted text>
I hope the "brother" learned the lesson.(smiles)
"Brother?"

He must have been Catholic to be your HOLY brother.

Sarcasm intended.

I asked you before and you didn't answer so I'll try again.

Do you believe that Jesus would save you had you stayed in the Protestant religion?

Maybe Jesus the Jew doesn't LIKE Protestants ... HUH Robert???

Sarcasm intended

Since: Jan 08

Location hidden

#466026 Jul 26, 2013
DNF wrote:
<quoted text>So you are saying that if I jump through all the hoops your minster or priest comes up with I'll get "rewarded" with spending eternity with folks like you who persecute and hate me just for being what God made me.
Your heaven is my hell.
I have never said one bad word to you about anything. nor do I persecute you in any way.
However if your lifestyle is not according to what the bible Teaches, then you and not a Christian and I would, will, do and have said the same to others, on this forum and made myself MORE unpopular for standing for what the Bible teaches.

SO now go out and save the mounds from the Golf club. Ok?.

only you and I will know what I am talking about. right?

Location hidden

#466027 Jul 26, 2013
Simple wrote:
<quoted text>
It is very simple. You are now a physical being. You will be resurrected or changed in a moment in the twinkling of an eye to a spiritual being. You do not have a part that is spiritual and is immortal already. That is brought in from some other pagan belief. Does most of the so called religious world believe this way today. Yes!! Why would you find it surprising that they are misguided.
(Christian Religious Writings / Theology) Christianity the spiritual part of a person, capable of redemption from the power of sin through divine grace..

See:the spiritual part of a person....
"part of a person" is not a person...

Un Christian: You do not have a part that is spiritual and is immortal already.

You are calling God a liar...Quote: Ge 2:7 And the LORD God formed man of the dust of the ground, and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life; and man became a living soul.
Human Being

Sunset, LA

#466028 Jul 26, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
I asked you to explain what you KNOW and HOW you believe you know, but I'm still waiting for your profound ANSWER!
June:

I am not willing to explain the evidence further.

You have your answer, and I have your answer.

I wanted to know, and you told me.

"You haven't got a clue as to what it is to be conscious, whether dead or alive." You just, "don't know."
headlines

AOL

#466029 Jul 26, 2013

ISRAEL to give POPE "Custody" of Temple Mount --

http://youtu.be/Qt9kEQB4ti8

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

"ISA 53:1.--6 "MATT 10:27"

#466030 Jul 26, 2013
who="DNF" So you are saying that if I jump through all the hoops your minster or priest comes up with I'll get "rewarded" with spending eternity with folks like you who persecute and hate me just for being what God made me.
Your heaven is my hell.

And what did God make you?

KM

Location hidden

#466031 Jul 26, 2013
confrinting with the word wrote:
<quoted text>
~~~
It is all very easily under stood...
I am a spirit..
I live in a body
I possess a soul..
My Spirit is what is born again when I receive Jesus as My lord an savior
My Spirit should dominate and bring my body and psychic under subjection
and obedience the word of God...
As for my body ..it should be the temple of Gid
1Co 3:16 Know ye not that ye are the temple of God, and that the Spirit of God dwelleth in you?
1Co 3:17 If any man defile the temple of God, him shall God destroy; for the temple of God is holy, which temple ye are.
2Co_5:2 For in this we groan, earnestly desiring to be clothed upon with our house which is from heaven:
2Co_5:4 For we that are in this tabernacle do groan, being burdened: not for that we would be unclothed, but clothed upon, that mortality might be swallowed up of life.
Rom 8:19 For the earnest expectation of the creature waiteth for the manifestation of the sons of God.
Rom 8:20 For the creature was made subject to vanity, not willingly, but by reason of him who hath subjected the same in hope,
Rom 8:21 Because the creature itself also shall be delivered from the bondage of corruption into the glorious liberty of the children of God.
Rom 8:22 For we know that the whole creation groaneth and travaileth in pain together until now.
NOTE
Rom 8:23 And not only they, but ourselves also, which have the firstfruits of the Spirit,
even we ourselves groan within ourselves,
waiting for the adoption, to wit, the redemption of our body.
WHEN WE ARE BORN AGAIN... OUR SPIRITS ARE REDEEMED...
IN THE RESURRECTION OF THE BRIDE OF CHRIST
OUR BODIES WILL BE REDEEMED,
Should be the temple of God????? This is not in your Bible "What? know ye not that your body is the temple of the Holy Ghost which is in you, which ye have of God, and ye are not your own?"

Since: Jan 08

Location hidden

#466032 Jul 26, 2013

Terminally Ill 'Simpsons' Co-Creator Vows to Give Away Fortune
The Hollywood ReporterBy Gary Baum | The Hollywood Reporter – Wed, Jul 24, 2013 10:00 PM PDT..

This story first appeared in the Aug. 2 issue of The Hollywood Reporter magazine.

Called both "brilliantly funny" and "mentally unbalanced" by Simpsons co-creator Matt Groening, television writer-producer Sam Simon, 58, has become known throughout Hollywood for his philanthropy since leaving the iconic animated series in 1993 (he retained a highly lucrative executive producer title). A Stanford grad who grew up in Beverly Hills and Malibu -- and rose in the industry at a young age to become the showrunner of Taxi at 24 -- Simon confesses, "I don't know," when it comes to estimating his charitable donations to date.

His contributions include founding the Malibu-based Sam Simon Foundation (worth nearly $23 million as of 2011) that rescues the hungry (humans -- but with vegan foods only) and strays (dogs, of any variety). His other pet charities include PETA, which in February thanked him for his support by naming its Norfolk, Va., headquarters the Sam Simon Center; international nonprofit Save the Children; and the Sea Shepherd Conservation Society, a global marine conservation organization. His contributions led it to name one of the four ships in its fleet of vessels, used to hinder whaling and illegal fishing, the M/Y Simon in 2012. He also turned a Malibu spread into a canine haven that rescues dogs from kill shelters and trains them as companions for the deaf.

He has realized that he cant take his fortune with him and is trying to do and help those in need, however he has said nothing about his own immortal soul in this article, which troubles me.

http://tv.yahoo.com/news/terminally-ill-simps...
LTM

Marathon, Canada

#466033 Jul 26, 2013
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
I was a Catholic,in my forties, when my Spiritual eyes and ears ere opened. The biggest surprise of my life was when I found that 99% of what I had been taught in Catechism, and heard from the pulpit, was not supported by Scripture!!!
A girl I went to Home Church with also said the same thing.
It is surprising that other wise intelligent human beings, can't see the mockery the catholic church has made of God's Holy Word.
God's word is meant to be read daily, the Bible says we are to meditate on it .
Do not let this Book of the Law depart from your mouth; meditate on it day and night, so that you may be careful to do everything written in it. Then you will be prosperous and successful.(Jos 1:8)

Within your temple, O God, we meditate on your unfailing love.(Ps 48:9)

I will meditate on all your works and consider all your mighty deeds.(Ps 77:12)

I meditate on your precepts and consider your ways.(Ps 119:15)

Though rulers sit together and slander me, your servant will meditate on your decrees.(Ps 119:23)

Let me understand the teaching of your precepts; then I will meditate on your wonders.(Ps 119:27)

I lift up my hands to your commands, which I love, and I meditate on your decrees.(Ps 119:48)

May the arrogant be put to shame for wronging me without cause; but I will meditate on your precepts.(Ps 119:78)

Oh, how I love your law! I meditate on it all day long.(Ps 119:97)

I have more insight than all my teachers, for I meditate on your statutes.(Ps 119:99)

My eyes stay open through the watches of the night, that I may meditate on your promises.(Ps 119:148)

I remember the days of long ago; I meditate on all your works and consider what your hands have done.(Ps 143:5)

They will speak of the glorious splendour of your majesty, and I will meditate on your wonderful works.(Ps 145:5)

May my meditation be pleasing to him, as I rejoice in the LORD.(Ps 104:34)

Finally, brothers, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable-if anything is excellent or praiseworthy-think about such things.(Php 4:8)

Watch your thoughts; they become words.
Watch your words; they become actions.
Watch your actions; they become habits.
Watch your habits; they become character.
Watch your character; it becomes your destiny.

Author Unknown
Human Being

Sunset, LA

#466034 Jul 26, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
"Brother?"
He must have been Catholic to be your HOLY brother.
Sarcasm intended.
I asked you before and you didn't answer so I'll try again.
Do you believe that Jesus would save you had you stayed in the Protestant religion?
Maybe Jesus the Jew doesn't LIKE Protestants ... HUH Robert???
Sarcasm intended
June:

Lol. I did answer. You must have been wrapped up in some cynical sarcastic meditation....

But to answer again, keeping it simple. I never became a non-Protestant. I like protesting to much....

Your either/or questions arise from a very strong propositional fallacy/bias....
LTM

Marathon, Canada

#466035 Jul 26, 2013
4 Year Old Boy Describes Heaven Before Tragically Passing Away

Silas was only 4 years-old when God called him back to heaven. But, before this precious angel went home, he described to his mommy what he thought heaven was like and how excited he was to go.
http://www.beliefnet.com/Inspiration/Articles...

“Free gift means FREE”

Since: Jan 09

Chicagoland

#466036 Jul 26, 2013
atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>GROW UP.
it has to do with the [rewards] that one garners arriving in Heaven.
now cut and paste me to death.
I didnt assume, as you are doing now. YOU grow up. I asked gif to clarify(paraphr)

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Catholic schools being closed at alarming rate (Apr '08) 10 hr stfu 159
News Pope Francis's Visit to Turkey Embroiled in Par... (Dec '14) Dec 3 Azat 2
News As election nears, Pope Francis warns against f... Dec 1 Communist In A Dress 20
News Region's Catholic bishop welcomes Pope's stance... Nov 30 Cops are degenerates 35
News Franklin Graham rebuts pope on Islam: - This is... Nov 29 narako 2
News Free Presbyterians 'will protest' Pope's visit Nov 29 narako 1
News United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) Nov 29 Married in 10,375
More from around the web