Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 646735 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

DNF

“Judge less, Love more”

Since: Apr 07

Born in Newark Ohio

#465970 Jul 26, 2013
Simple wrote:
<quoted text>
There will be no such person.
So you don't think even Jesus was without sin.

Got it.

Since: Sep 09

Chilliwack, Canada

#465971 Jul 26, 2013
Rumor has it that KayMarie and the god are engaged to be married. However god is a little worried that KayMarie will try to take over his kingdom.

It's not about sex or anything of that vile nature. It's just a matter of "principle."

The wedding is scheduled at KayMarie's insistence, and rumor has it that god is now in hiding.

“Free gift means FREE”

Since: Jan 09

Chicagoland

#465972 Jul 26, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm not familiar with premillenialism or what it has to do with official Church teachings. I'll read up on it later.
I appreciate your respective arguments though. Some of your teammates could learn a a little from this. I also respect your love for Christ and devotion to Sacred Scriptures.
Example ^^^^ Now, this is the kind of communication I long for. Thanks so much.

To respond to "Church teachings":
1. Your Church, is Amillenial. Read here on the subject(a brief explaination): http://www.theopedia.com/Amillennialism

2. My point about Irenaeus and Justin Martyr, was that they were Premillenial. See here for brief explanation: http://www.theopedia.com/Premillennialism

3. You said something like, that the early writers/church fathers were taught by Christ and the Apostles. I said, if I follow your logic, then why are you not Premill(when your church is Amill)?

Thanks again for you kind words.

DNF

“Judge less, Love more”

Born in Newark Ohio

#465973 Jul 26, 2013
hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
The Catholic Churches teaching on faith and morals has "always" been manifested, upheld and proclaimed in Jesus Christ, in and through HIS One True Apostolic Catholic Church........ Reverence, commitment and dedication has (also) "always" been the cornerstone and the vine of the Catholic Church..... Just because some of its members have "gone astray" by their (inappropriate)sinful CONDUCT, doesn't change the fact that the TRUTH OF DOCTRINE has, is and will always (as it has for over 2000 years) be grounded and taught in Jesus Christs One True Catholic Church. Jesus continues to be the "way-the truth-and the life" of the Catholic Faith and the Catholic Church!!!!
Too bad that when it comes to actually LIVING main passages the RCC fails so miserably.

Matt. 25-31-46 doesn't have a get out of jail free card for bigots, homophobes or those who use Jesus and God as weapons against their brothers and sisters.

Chilliwack, Canada

#465974 Jul 26, 2013
I had a vision that for sure came from heaven.

It's empty!

Chilliwack, Canada

#465975 Jul 26, 2013
Chuck wrote:
<quoted text>
*ONE HAS TO FIRST HEAR THE GOSPEL SO THEY CAN FREELY MAKE A DECISION*
- your words Clay
Can his words be held against him?

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 53:1.--6 "MATT 10:27"

#465976 Jul 26, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
If a god loves you (a Protestant) and disowns Catholics, he is one messed up ex-Jewish god!
:)
God talking to his self ... "Well, let's see now ... I first committed to love only the Jews ... but then the Catholics talked me into loving only them. But now KayMarie is even more persuasive than were those Catholics, so I guess I will flatter KayMarie as being the special one of the day. I wish they would all leave me alone to love who I want to love."
:)
YOU WROTE

"I wish they would all leave me alone to love who I want to love."
:)"

_____

IT IS BY YOUR OWN VOLITION THAT YOU ARE HERE POSTING ON THIS FORUM

Be an adult for once ...in something ..and take responsibility for your own options/actions.

No one is forcing you to read or post here...

“Free gift means FREE”

Chicagoland

#465977 Jul 26, 2013
DNF wrote:
<quoted text>Too bad that when it comes to actually LIVING main passages the RCC fails so miserably.
Matt. 25-31-46 doesn't have a get out of jail free card for bigots, homophobes or those who use Jesus and God as weapons against their brothers and sisters.
DNF, I'm no homophobe, yet, I don't agree with that lifestyle. Also, I would not exclude you from the economy of salvation(imho).

All sin, and will continue to sin. 1 John 1:8-10/Ecclesiastes 7:20. None of us, are greater than the other, all created in the image of God. Though not all are God's children(See John 1:12), all are created in His image.

Please see these two articles:
http://www.faithalone.org/magazine/y1988/88au...

http://www.faithalone.org/magazine/y1988/88ma...

Both articles, are short reads, non-exhaustive.
Clay

Melrose Park, IL

#465978 Jul 26, 2013
confrinting with the word wrote:
<quoted text>
~~~
Y0U ASKED
So did Christianity get messed up as soon as Christians began Baptizing infants?
___
BELOW IS WHAT MESSED UP YOUR PAGAN CHURCH
ROMAN CATHOLIC INVENTIONS
1. Presbyters first called priests by Lucian 2nd c.
2. Sacerdotal mass instituted by Cyprian 3rd c.
3. Prayers for the dead A.D. 300
4. Making the sign of the cross A.D. 300
5. Wax candles A.D. 320
6. Veneration of angels, dead saints, and images A.D. 375
7. Mass became a daily ritual A.D. 394
8. Beginning of exaltation of Mary, term "Mother of God"
first applied to her by Council of Ephesus A.D. 431
9. Priests began to wear special clothing A.D. 500
10. Extreme Unction (Rite of Healing) A.D. 526
11. The doctrine of Purgatory by Gregory I A.D. 593
12. Latin used in worship A.D. 600
13. Prayers offered to Mary, dead saints and angels A.D. 600
14. First man to be proclaimed Pope (Boniface III) A.D. 610
15. Kissing the Pope's feet A.D. 709
16. Temporal power of Popes, conferred by Pepon, King of the Franks A.D. 750
17. Veneration of cross, images, relics authorized A.D. 786
18. Holy water, mixed with pinch of salt, chrism, and blessed by a priest A.D.850
19. Veneration of St. Joseph A.D. 890
20. College of Cardinals begun A.D. 927
21. Baptism of bells instituted by Pope John XIII A.D. 965
22. Canonization of dead saints by Pope John XV A.D. 995
23. Fasting on Fridays and Lent A.D. 998
24. The Mass developed gradually as a sacrifice, attendance made obligatory 11th
c.
25. Celibacy of priests declared A.D. 1079
26. Rosary adopted (pagan) by Peter the Hermit A.D. 1090
27. The Inquisition instituted by Council of Verona A.D. 1184
28. Sale of indulgences A.D. 1190

Snipped for space and slander
Well your first four take place before Rome legalized Christianity. This proves that your theory of Constantine infiltrating the Church and making it corrupt is false. It happened much sooner by Christians and not Pagan Rome.
The rest of your timeline is filled with misguided propaganda that you undoubtedly downloaded from some anti Catholic website. Its a classic case of how the Church holds a council because some heretics are preaching a false gospel. Then, after the Church clarifies the teachings in question, people like you turn around and stab them in the back- telling everyone "see, the CC just invented another teaching".
That's why I'm Catholic. You guys are pathetic excuses for Christians. Deception is the only thing that fuels your theology.
Now, for your timeline:
1903 AD Charles Parham picks up a Bible; reads the Book of Acts; and decides to launch a revival based on the passage about Pentecost. He figured he could channel the Holy Spirit and speak in tongues. Revivals expanded as unsuspecting people fell for the gibberish that everyone was mumbling.
Around 1950 AD: Confrint reads the Bible and declares himself an authority on Holy Scriptures.
Clay

Melrose Park, IL

#465979 Jul 26, 2013
<quoted text>
~~~
THE BIBLE SAYS
Rom 10:17 So then faith cometh by hearing, and hearing by the word of God.
WILL YOU KINDLY GIVE ME BOOK CHAPTER AND VERSES FOR THE ABOVE FROM THE WORD OF GOD?
Absolutely I will, but it'll have to wait. All of Catholicism is Biblical.

Since: Jan 08

Location hidden

#465980 Jul 26, 2013
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
Have you read anything RELIABLE regarding the VATICAN getting Google to the MOUNT .
I cannot sed a government of which Netanyahu is,PM giving away anything in Jerusalem .
Israel get even get and take control of the Holy Mount from the muslims. no chance that roma will get it until much later

#465982 Jul 26, 2013
who="June VanDerMark"
I must have missed that post, as I skip by many of your posts and many other posts that I don't find of interest.
I have no medical experience. But just as do you, I read the opinions of physicians.
Only physicians that are religious would use the terminology that suits you.
Correct terminology is that children are not fetuses and neither are babies fetuses.
You only attach importance to fetuses in humans because you believe your supposed god has an investment IN the fetuses.
Since I left religion, I no longer believe that a god exists to give a rat's ass whether fetuses in humans become babies any more than if fetuses in monkeys become baby-monkeys.
Religion is BUNK and that includes YOUR specialty.

The old folks used to say, "you've got too much book larnin'."
The kids of those days were told that they were smarter than their parents, because the parents had less years in public school. The kids didn't respect their parents, because they thought that 'they'(the kids) were smarter than them. LOL My father had a fourth grade education, but he was one of the smartest men alive.(That was when schools taught readin', writin', and 'rithmetic', instead of politics.)

Here you are revealing the fact that our 'hearts' know things that our heads do not. Current view is that a woman only carries a 'blob of tissue'(fetus), which miraculously becomes a baby when the air hits it.

You subconsciously refuted that, by admitting that what a woman carries is a human baby. And what a monkey carries is a monkey baby.

You told Gif the truth about three posts back, when you said that without his Bible, he would have nothing. You see, the Bible teaches the difference between truth and 'book larnin'.

Your books have taught you the foolishness of men. Better get yourself a Bible, and learn the difference.

KayMarie

DNF

“Judge less, Love more”

Born in Newark Ohio

#465984 Jul 26, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
Rumor has it that KayMarie and the god are engaged to be married. However god is a little worried that KayMarie will try to take over his kingdom.
It's not about sex or anything of that vile nature. It's just a matter of "principle."
The wedding is scheduled at KayMarie's insistence, and rumor has it that god is now in hiding.
I had an experince last week and can relate to why these religionists have turned you against them.

I saw a story here on Topix. The source was the FreeRepublic ( a christian site). I read the article and the comments on FreeRepublic.

I signed up and posted a comment to someone. I included Matt. 25:31-46 and asked them where to find the get out of jail free card for that passage.

I was promptly banned.

Since: Jan 08

Location hidden

#465985 Jul 26, 2013
meant "Israel {cant} even get and take control of the Holy Mount"

“Free gift means FREE”

Chicagoland

#465986 Jul 26, 2013
Has This Passage Ever Bothered You?
Matthew 25:31-46 - Works Salvation?

http://www.faithalone.org/magazine/y1988/88ma...

The Judgment of
Matthew 25:31-46

http://www.faithalone.org/magazine/y2011/11E2...

#465987 Jul 26, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
Well your first four take place before Rome legalized Christianity. This proves that your theory of Constantine infiltrating the Church and making it corrupt is false. It happened much sooner by Christians and not Pagan Rome.
The rest of your timeline is filled with misguided propaganda that you undoubtedly downloaded from some anti Catholic website. Its a classic case of how the Church holds a council because some heretics are preaching a false gospel. Then, after the Church clarifies the teachings in question, people like you turn around and stab them in the back- telling everyone "see, the CC just invented another teaching".
That's why I'm Catholic. You guys are pathetic excuses for Christians. Deception is the only thing that fuels your theology.
Now, for your timeline:
1903 AD Charles Parham picks up a Bible; reads the Book of Acts; and decides to launch a revival based on the passage about Pentecost. He figured he could channel the Holy Spirit and speak in tongues. Revivals expanded as unsuspecting people fell for the gibberish that everyone was mumbling.
Around 1950 AD: Confrint reads the Bible and declares himself an authority on Holy Scriptures.
You wrote

You guys are pathetic excuses for Christians. Deception is the only thing that fuels your theology.

I would rater be a pathetic excuse for a Christian ..STANDING BEFORE GOD

( AT LEAST I AM A CHRISTIAN) than be a Roman Catholic that has attempted

to replace GOD'S WORD AND

INVENT THEIR OWN...WRITEN THEIR OWN ROAD MAP... TO HEAVEN

THE BIBLE SAYS..

1Pe 4:17 For the time is come that judgment must begin at the house of God: and if it first begin at us, what shall the end be of them that obey not the gospel of God?

1Pe 4:18 And if the righteous scarcely be saved, where shall the ungodly and the sinner appear?

Chilliwack, Canada

#465988 Jul 26, 2013
DNF wrote:
<quoted text>Too bad that when it comes to actually LIVING main passages the RCC fails so miserably.
And special you succeeds to live up to all of the god's expectations ... right???

Are you following these commandments ... and if not ... why not?
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>

Any person who curseth his mother or father, must be killed.(Leviticus 20:9)

If a man cheats on his wife, or vise versa, both the man and the woman must die.(Leviticus 20:10).

If a man sleeps with his father's wife... both him and his father's wife is to be put to death.(Leviticus 20:11)

If a man sleeps with his wife and her mother they are all to be burnt to death.(Leviticus 20:14)

If a man or woman has sex with an animal, both human and animal must be killed.(Leviticus 20:15-16).

If a man has sex with a woman on her period, they are both to be "cut off from their people" (Leviticus 20:18)

Psychics, wizards, and so on are to be stoned to death.(Leviticus 20:27)

If a priest's daughter is a whore, she is to be burnt at the stake.(Leviticus 21:9)

People who have flat noses, or is blind or lame, cannot go to an altar of God (Leviticus 21:17-18)

Anyone who curses or blasphemes God, should be stoned to death by the community.(Leviticus 24:14-16)

Chilliwack, Canada

#465989 Jul 26, 2013
<quoted text>
THE BIBLE SAYS..
What the Catholics authorized it to say when they compiled that data in the new testament!

You worship the same words authorized by the Catholics whom you refer to as liars.

Silly fool!

Chilliwack, Canada

#465990 Jul 26, 2013
atemcowboy wrote:
meant "Israel {cant} even get and take control of the Holy Mount"
It means to you what you DESIRE it should mean. Those are the tactics of all religious word-manipulators.

Chilliwack, Canada

#465991 Jul 26, 2013
DNF wrote:
<quoted text>I had an experince last week and can relate to why these religionists have turned you against them.
I saw a story here on Topix. The source was the FreeRepublic ( a christian site). I read the article and the comments on FreeRepublic.
I signed up and posted a comment to someone. I included Matt. 25:31-46 and asked them where to find the get out of jail free card for that passage.
I was promptly banned.
I've never been banned by Topix moderators, although several disgruntled religionists have tried their best to have me removed.

I have however had warnings.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Pope says Church should ask forgiveness from ga... 3 hr sharona 5
News United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) 21 hr Mr Sir 10,166
News Nation-Now 57 mins ago 10:35 a.m.Pope Francis s... Mon Rev Cash Dollar 1
News John Paul II College of Davao (Dec '07) Jun 20 tine 673
News Milwaukee Rising: Looking for the city's most u... Jun 20 Tom 2
News Pope names new papal nuncio to the United States Jun 1 Michael 7
News Pope's zero tolerance for pedophiles faces test... (Mar '15) May '16 Gods r Delusions ... 4
More from around the web