Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

Full story: CBC News

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.
Comments
449,261 - 449,280 of 533,519 Comments Last updated 5 min ago

“Free gift means FREE”

Since: Jan 09

Chicagoland

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 24, 2013

Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
Your words: At the moment of belief. Jn 5:24 "has"/hath is a present tense possession.
I am not arguing that salvation is for demons....I am not arguing they are believing on Jesus for salvation...
You said: At the moment of belief....Scripture shows these demons had belief...does it not?????
Demon Faith and the Misuse of James 2:19

http://www.gracelife.org/resources/gracenotes...

“Free gift means FREE”

Chicagoland

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 24, 2013

Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
Your words: At the moment of belief. Jn 5:24 "has"/hath is a present tense possession.
I am not arguing that salvation is for demons....I am not arguing they are believing on Jesus for salvation...
You said: At the moment of belief....Scripture shows these demons had belief...does it not?????
Yes, belief, but belief for...?

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 24, 2013

Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
Its not even worth debating with someone who is so mind boggling ignorant....
It honestly hurts. I don't like to see Christians forcing themselves into this world. I understand its the only way you can carry on as a Minister, Confrint. But come on. Enough is enough. Are you interested in truth or not?
Why are you not be cooperative...willing to share your wisdom with us???

I have asked you several times to tell us the word of God that was given orally....you know...traditions...

Tell us who were/are involved in making this known to you....from the first person God gave it to....down to yourself...

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

"ISA 55:11--"MATT 10:27"

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 24, 2013

who="Oxbow"

Demons KNOW that Jesus is Lord, and know that they are condemned. They do not believe in Him for salvation, for their judgment is already determined.

The Legion said to Jesus, "Are you come to torment us BEFORE OUR TIME?" Their judgment is already set.

The writer was saying that the demons 'believe and tremble' because they KNOW that God's judgment is sure.

His point: that 'Christians' should take Him more seriously. He WILL judge the world.

Heb 10:31 It is a fearful thing to fall into the hands of the living God.

He is merciful Savior today, but in the end He will be our just judge.

KayMarie

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 24, 2013

Osas7 wrote:
<quoted text>
Demon Faith and the Misuse of James 2:19
http://www.gracelife.org/resources/gracenotes...
Jas 2:19 Thou believest that there is one God; thou doest well: the devils also believe, and tremble.

Thanks...that supports the verse I quoted on demons believing: Mt 8:29 And, behold, they cried out, saying, What have we to do with thee, Jesus, thou Son of God? art thou come hither to torment us before the time?

Are these not your words:At the moment of belief. From those verses...why can you not answer my question?? "Scripture shows these demons had belief...does it not?????"

“Free gift means FREE”

Chicagoland

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 24, 2013

Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
Jas 2:19 Thou believest that there is one God; thou doest well: the devils also believe, and tremble.
Thanks...that supports the verse I quoted on demons believing: Mt 8:29 And, behold, they cried out, saying, What have we to do with thee, Jesus, thou Son of God? art thou come hither to torment us before the time?
Are these not your words:At the moment of belief. From those verses...why can you not answer my question?? "Scripture shows these demons had belief...does it not?????"
Yes, the moment of "belief", that is correct, however, what you "may" not understand, is what is this "belief" in? I believe cars drive down the road, but that doesn't give me eternal life. Did you even bother reading that short study on James 2:19?

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 24, 2013

confrinting with the word wrote:
who="Oxbow"
Demons KNOW that Jesus is Lord, and know that they are condemned. They do not believe in Him for salvation, for their judgment is already determined.
The Legion said to Jesus, "Are you come to torment us BEFORE OUR TIME?" Their judgment is already set.
The writer was saying that the demons 'believe and tremble' because they KNOW that God's judgment is sure.
His point: that 'Christians' should take Him more seriously. He WILL judge the world.
Heb 10:31 It is a fearful thing to fall into the hands of the living God.
He is merciful Savior today, but in the end He will be our just judge.
KayMarie
I repeat...again:

OSAS said regards when does salvation happen: At the moment of belief....

Mt 8:29 And, behold, they cried out, saying, What have we to do with thee, Jesus, thou Son of God? art thou come hither to torment us before the time?

Scripture shows these demons had belief...does it not?????
LTM

Sudbury, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 24, 2013

Love Like Jesus

Woodrow Kroll

Years ago, a man walked the earth and revealed a life so unique it became the central point in human history. A man, who, "though he was in the form of God, did not count equality with God a thing to be grasped, but made himself nothing, taking the form of a servant, being born in the likeness of men" (Philippians 2:5-8).

Though He was human and divine, the Son of Man had nothing in the natural that would have attracted others to him. Yet in three years, He healed the sick, fed the poor, ministered to the brokenhearted, cast out evil spirits, brought sight to the blind, and gave hope to the hopeless. His message was radical, and His love, unparalleled. Prostitutes, politicians, beggars, and kings all were the same to Him and equally deserving of love - not because of their worthiness but because God, being the very definition of Love, could do no less. He told us to live simply, to give generously, and to love unconditionally.

"Greater love has no one than this, that someone lay down his life for his friends" (John 15:13), Jesus told His disciples. We need to remind ourselves that in those terrible hours Jesus hung on the cross, it was all about love. We can't comprehend that kind of allconsuming, all-powerful Love, but we can spend the rest of our lives living in wholehearted response to it.

How do we do that? "Walk in a manner worthy of the Lord, fully pleasing to him, bearing fruit in every good work and increasing in the knowledge of God" (Colossians 1:10, emphases added].

It's clear we please Jesus by bearing fruit. But what kind of fruit? The fruit that comes from every good work. Ephesians 2:10 says, "For we are his workmanship, created in Christ Jesus for good works ... that we should walk in them." This is our purpose, one we have been gloriously restored to by the Resurrection and which flows naturally from our restored identity. Works cannot save us, but without the fruit of good works, we lack the evidence that identifies us as new creations in Christ! Just as God's nature is revealed in what He does, we reveal His nature in what we do.

What are these good works? While feeding the poor, clothing the naked and visiting the needy are expressions of the Christian life, they represent only a partial "list" of the works Jesus performed. For a complete list, read the Word with the sole intent of identifying every action verb—those "good works" that both Jesus and His disciples practiced; then pray that His Holy Spirit will empower you to "go and do likewise!" Halleluiah, He is Risen!

“Greatest Love”

Since: Aug 08

For His Creation

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 24, 2013

atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>I have said from the very beginning that this was and is the worst thing that topix could have done.
it allows COWARDS to hide behind those icons rather than engage in honest debate.
I can understand why people would use the "agree or heart" icons, but very few others.
If I disagree with a poster, I can and will tell them why I disagree and use my Bible verses as Proof that a thought or post might be wrong
Lol well someone liked your post on emoticons but not mine below it on the Waldensians

I am quite sure I know..But That's ok..makes my posts stand out don't you think..

And yes it is for cowards

“Greatest Love”

For His Creation

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 24, 2013

Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
Belief that JESUS IS OUR SAVIOUR...dem ons do not qualify in that regard

“Greatest Love”

For His Creation

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 24, 2013

New Age Spiritual Leader wrote:
<quoted text>
If it has a LEMON emoticon attached, then that would have been mine, as you are off-topic.
And I normally don't respond to off-topic posts.
There, maybe that will help show you that people can be honest, if requested.
You should try it sometime.
"To know yourself is to know the kingdom of God." - Jesus
A post about EARLY believers who did NOT want to be a,part of the CATHOLIC CHURCH on a board about the CATHOLIC CHURCH being the one true church. Is OFF TOPIC..please explain ..

“Free gift means FREE”

Chicagoland

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 24, 2013

Some simple observations (concerning James 2:19)
It is surprising that James 2:19 is used so often when a few simple observations would disarm the argument that it proves the necessity of works for saving faith.

First, this verse is not about eternal salvation, because demons cannot be saved. Their fate and condemnation is sealed (Matt. 8:29; 25:41; Jude 6). That is why they tremble when they think of God.

Second, the object of the demons’ faith is the fact that there is one God, that is, monotheism. No one is saved by belief in monotheism anyway, so this verse is not used soteriologically. Many of the world’s non-Christian religions are monotheistic.

Third, it does not say that the demons believe in Jesus Christ as their Savior. Jesus Christ did not die and rise from death to save demons but humans. While Christ’s work saves humans, it destroys the devil (Heb. 2:14).

Fourth, a quick survey of commentaries shows the difficulty of properly interpreting this verse in the context of James 2:16-20. At question is when James’ words end and the objector’s words begin and end. If, as some argue, verse 19 is spoken by an objector to James, should it be used to prove a crucial theological point? Also, if it is from such a difficult passage to interpret, should it be used as a primary text to prove or disprove anyone’s salvation? Much clearer passages dismiss works as necessary for obtaining eternal salvation (eg., Rom. 4:4-5; Eph. 2:8-10; Titus 3:4-5).

gracelife.org

“Free gift means FREE”

Chicagoland

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 24, 2013

A simple fact about faith (concerning James 2:19)
James 2:19 does show that faith is faith. There are not different kinds of faith, but different objects of faith. It is not the kind of faith or the reality of faith that is being questioned, it is the object of faith and the usefulness of one’s faith. The reality of the demons’ faith is not questioned, but they only believe that there is one God. They truly believe that, and that is why they tremble in fear of their judgment.

gracelife.org

Side note: The Judgement for believers, is not the same Judgement for non-believers.

“Greatest Love”

For His Creation

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 24, 2013

Osas7 wrote:
<quoted text>Yes, belief, but belief for...?
Of course the evil one and his minions know Jesus ..know who He is..

But they do not believe His precious blood was spilled to SAVE them.

It is nit at allergen some th ing as,US believing and trusting in Him..

“Free gift means FREE”

Chicagoland

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 24, 2013

RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
Of course the evil one and his minions know Jesus ..know who He is..
But they do not believe His precious blood was spilled to SAVE them.
It is nit at allergen some th ing as,US believing and trusting in Him..
THANK YOU
Dust Storm

Pipestone, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 24, 2013

RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
As ONE EXAMPLE
Known as "people of the Book," scripture is what embodied the faith of the Waldensians
No evidence has been found which reveals a Waldense Church prior to Waldo, and neither Waldo himself nor modern Waldense historians ever asserted such claims. Scholars hostile to the Roman Catholic Church have concurred with historians of that body in affirming Waldo as founder of the sect that still bears his name.

Now let's get the facts on the table concerning the Waldenses that answer these wild speculations of Hunt and others.]
WHAT DID WALDO AND THE WALDENSES REALLY BELIEVE?
http://www.philvaz.com/apologetics/num3.htm

Since: Feb 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 24, 2013

atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>I have said from the very beginning that this was and is the worst thing that topix could have done.
it allows COWARDS hide behind those icons rather than engage in honest debate.
I can understand why people would use the "agree or heart" icons, but very few others.
If I disagree with a poster, I can and will tell them why I disagree and use my Bible verses as Proof that a thought or post might be wrong
Those judge icons are pointless.Some people here know how to change them to make opinions seem all one sided.Dont even bother to judge a post...you would think that someone could use the time much better and strive to become what they preach.

Since: Feb 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 24, 2013

RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
Lol well someone liked your post on emoticons but not mine below it on the Waldensians
I am quite sure I know..But That's ok..makes my posts stand out don't you think..
And yes it is for cowards
Rose,it is sad that someone can take the time to judge a post out of hate and anger verses out of truth.Those icons are now meaningless...I have watched positive judges on post that nick and I have made changed moments later to negative icons..It remains clearly and doesn't take a rocket sciencetist to know who did them. lol Even post that were pure and positive were judged negative..Pay no attention to those icons.You know who your friends are and they know your heart as does God.

“Greatest Love”

For His Creation

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 24, 2013

Osas7 wrote:
Some simple observations (concerning James 2:19)
It is surprising that James 2:19 is used so often when a few simple observations would disarm the argument that it proves the necessity of works for saving faith.
First, this verse is not about eternal salvation, because demons cannot be saved. Their fate and condemnation is sealed (Matt. 8:29; 25:41; Jude 6). That is why they tremble when they think of God.
Second, the object of the demons’ faith is the fact that there is one God, that is, monotheism. No one is saved by belief in monotheism anyway, so this verse is not used soteriologically. Many of the world’s non-Christian religions are monotheistic.
Third, it does not say that the demons believe in Jesus Christ as their Savior. Jesus Christ did not die and rise from death to save demons but humans. While Christ’s work saves humans, it destroys the devil (Heb. 2:14).
Fourth, a quick survey of commentaries shows the difficulty of properly interpreting this verse in the context of James 2:16-20. At question is when James’ words end and the objector’s words begin and end. If, as some argue, verse 19 is spoken by an objector to James, should it be used to prove a crucial theological point? Also, if it is from such a difficult passage to interpret, should it be used as a primary text to prove or disprove anyone’s salvation? Much clearer passages dismiss works as necessary for obtaining eternal salvation (eg., Rom. 4:4-5; Eph. 2:8-10; Titus 3:4-5).
gracelife.org
Here is a hypothetical ONLY question

We know of at least one instance ..Job..And another when Sat an is allowed to tempt Jesus. That there is communication between him and God.

Is there any possible provision that ANY OF THE FALLEN angels,can turn back and be forgiven ...??

This has nothing to do with Jesus dying for us..But is it POSSIBLE.

“Greatest Love”

For His Creation

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 24, 2013

Seraphima wrote:
<quoted text>Those judge icons are pointless.Some people here know how to change them to make opinions seem all one sided.Dont even bother to judge a post...you would think that someone could use the time much better and strive to become what they preach.
WEll I did not know You could actually change them .. But it is a sure sign someone is reading and judging Lol..too funny .

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Search the Pope Benedict XVI Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) 26 min Cultastic 8,196
Filipino Catholics hails new saints 12 hr INC - Iglesia ni Coitus 31
Pope to visit Sri Lanka, Philippines in... 15 hr psycho 4
Philippines and Vatican release Pope Francis po... 21 hr ELIAS IBARRA 60
Greek Orthodox church in Gaza shelters Muslims ... Jul 26 Link Forrester 3
More Jul 24 True Christian witness 2
St. Peter's overflows for historic day of 4 popes Jul 24 ELIAS IBARRA 41
•••
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••