Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 649752 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

Human Being

Sunset, LA

#465823 Jul 25, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
You stopped thinking beyond your Catholic religion when you re-entered it with the belief that "What the heck ... it offers me salvation while others go to hell, so I'll just stay right here and dwell in the mushiest scriptures that I LOVE the best ... especially the part about wonderful, special ME being chosen by Jesus to dwell forever with him in eternal bliss."
YUCK!!!
You are as close to brain-dead as it gets without somebody pulling the plug.
June:

Vanity of vanities, all is vanity.

If one does not seek Truth, then they will not find It.

The Light shines THROUGH the darkness....
Human Being

Sunset, LA

#465824 Jul 25, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
I guess NOT!
>>>>>>> >>>>>
Ancient times
Those labeled as atheist, which included early Christians and Muslims, were as a result targeted for legal persecution.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Persecution_of_a ...
June:

So professing your faith in Atheism, do you believe you are persecuted for being a Christian?

Since: Sep 09

Kitwanga, Canada

#465825 Jul 25, 2013
I also don't know if there is or is not a creator, but if one exists it's nothing that I would worship.

I prefer the term "Fear not" to be fitting words in my journey of leaving all religion behind and placing faith in the idea that I can be as kind without religion as I was when I was under the spell OF religion.

It's no wonder so many people in religion went insane. Theologians had them chasing after the supposed better part of their selves that were held captive by supposed gods out THERE somewhere. Religion taught people to hate their own bodies and to despise sex as evil unless it was to bring more sinners into god's world to suffer.

Religion is BUNK.
Human Being

Sunset, LA

#465826 Jul 25, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Where is YOUR answer "wise guy?"
You tell me if you can prove that awareness continues after the brain-cells in your body all die???
I'll be waiting for your PROOF, not your "flaky opinion."
June:

More or less, proof is anecdotal in nature.

For people considered dead, and then resuscitated, that were aware, and conscious is enough proof for the open-minded.

Kitwanga, Canada

#465827 Jul 25, 2013
Human Being wrote:
<quoted text>
June:
So professing your faith in Atheism, do you believe you are persecuted for being a Christian?
My point was that Christians were also once considered to be Atheists.

If you don't that, it's not my problem.

Kitwanga, Canada

#465828 Jul 25, 2013
Human Being wrote:
<quoted text>
June:
More or less, proof is anecdotal in nature.
For people considered dead, and then resuscitated, that were aware, and conscious is enough proof for the open-minded.
When the brain-cells are all dead, there is NO resuscitation ... period.

If that were not so there would be NO morgues.

Kitwanga, Canada

#465829 Jul 25, 2013
If all people could be resuscitated, the doctors would never have to say "I'm sorry. We did everything we could to save her/him."

It doesn't take a genius to figure that one out.

Kitwanga, Canada

#465830 Jul 25, 2013
Human Being wrote:
<quoted text>
June:
Vanity of vanities, all is vanity.
Especially the belief that YOU are saved and others are only going to be fodder for the Christian-devil's hell.

That's an odd term ... isn't it? But it's the theology. The Christians have their own hell especially set up for those who are not Christian.

Imagine ... preaching love and at the same time insinuating that a god didn't have even enough of a conscience to rid the world of a devil.

Theology is BUNK!

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#465831 Jul 25, 2013
Simple wrote:
<quoted text>
There will be no such person.
Are you telling me that an infant is capable of sinning???

SIN: Any thought, word, desire, action, or omission of action, contrary to the law of God, or defective when compared with it.

Kitwanga, Canada

#465832 Jul 25, 2013
Sam Parnia, who has done extensive study on near-death experiences, claims that in some cases the brain-activity has flat-lined, meaning that seemingly the people were dead, yet came back to awareness to tell of varying experiences.

That doesn't seem at all an exaggeration to me, as my guess is when the brain-cells are traumatized they go into a state of being temporarily dormant, but are not dead. After the trauma subsides, the brain-cells that survived the trauma re-activate to carry on their usual duties.

Traumatized brain-cells could still be promoting thought although not being active enough to show up on man-created equipment.

It is simply my theory.

But it IS a fact that once all the brain-cells are dead to the world, nothing will again make them live.

Location hidden

#465833 Jul 25, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
No I'm not incorrect. I guess the definition of 'Protestant' should be examined. The Protesters who separated from the Catholic Church, Lutherans, Methodist and Anglicans, baptize infants.
I don't think 'Bible believing evangelical born agains' view themselves as Protestants. They say there IS NO Catholic Church. Or the Roman Empire hijacked it and formed the 'Roman Catholic Church' ie 'The Whore of Babylon'. I don't believe they are Protesting anything. The Bible was given to them I guess. They erased the previous 1900 yrs of Christianity. Now its just Jesus, the KJV and them!
Still, I think most of Christendom Baptizes infants with water.
The only thing that happens when you pour water on a baby's head, say the necessary mumbo jumbo, is you get the kid's head wet, and the priest puts a few dollars in his pocket...nothing else..

Kitwanga, Canada

#465834 Jul 25, 2013
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you telling me that an infant is capable of sinning???
SIN: Any thought, word, desire, action, or omission of action, contrary to the law of God, or defective when compared with it.
That's why your religion taught that babies are born in sin. Those theologians had no other way of pinning sin on babies, so they made up the story that because of the sin of Adam and Eve, all humans were doused in sin from birth.

Why a god would create a man and a woman "he" knew would sin and bring suffering into the world is one the most stupid theologies that exists. That means the god was the creator of sin.

Those theologians wanted us to believe that we are born "sin-sick" and that they are the physicians that promise to make us well. Without their words to lead us, we would be lost forever.

What a pile of POOP!

I suggest we are born whole and need NO theologians to make us ILL.

Kitwanga, Canada

#465835 Jul 25, 2013
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
The only thing that happens when you pour water on a baby's head, say the necessary mumbo jumbo, is you get the kid's head wet, and the priest puts a few dollars in his pocket...nothing else..
OH, wait a minute now ... other things have been know to happen to add to the "show."

:)

Location hidden

#465836 Jul 25, 2013
Where are you Clay????

Timeline of Roman Catholicism ... church is not supported by church history – not even Roman Catholic history.... Most of these changes resulted from the Roman Catholic church's yielding to ... The Mass as a daily celebration – 394 AD.

Ah am interested in your info that disputes this and shows the correct time table of your mess...err...mass.

Location hidden

#465837 Jul 25, 2013
Clay...this is really an easy one!!!! Go for it...

When a person dies and has not committed any sin...none..zilch. where will his soul spend eternity????
OldJG

Rockford, IL

#465838 Jul 25, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
But you won't address OSAS.
Its proves one side of the born again movement is not guided to truth by the Holy Spirit..
Of all the gifts given to mankind by God, there is none greater than the presence of the Holy Spirit. The Spirit has many functions, roles, and activities.

First, He does a work in the hearts of all people everywhere. Jesus told the disciples that He would send the Spirit into the world to “CONVICT THE WORLD OF GUILT IN REGARD TO SIN AND RIGHTEOUSNESS AND JUDGMENT" (John 16:7-11).

Everyone has a “God consciousness,” whether or not they admit it. The Spirit applies the truths of God to minds of men to convince them by fair and sufficient arguments that they are sinners. Responding to that conviction brings men to salvation.

Once we are saved and belong to God, the Spirit takes up residence in our hearts forever, sealing us with the confirming, certifying, and assuring pledge of our eternal state as His children.

Jesus said He would send the Spirit to us to be our Helper, Comforter, and Guide. "AND I WILL ASK THE FATHER, AND HE WILL GIVE YOU ANOTHER COUNSELOR TO BE WITH YOU FOREVER" (John 14:16). The Greek word translated here “Counselor” means “one who is called alongside” and has the idea of someone who encourages and exhorts.

The Holy Spirit takes up permanent residence in the hearts of believers (Romans 8:9; 1 Corinthians 6:19-20, 12:13). Jesus gave the Spirit as a "COMPENSATION" for His absence, to perform the functions toward us which He would have done if He had remained personally with us.

Among those functions is that of revealer of truth. The Spirit’s presence within us enables us to understand and interpret God’s Word. Jesus told His disciples that "WHEN HE, THE SPIRIT OF TRUTH, COMES, HE WILL GUIDE YOU INTO ALL TRUTH" (John 16:13). He reveals to our minds the whole counsel of God as it relates to worship, doctrine, and Christian living. He is the ultimate guide, going before, leading the way, removing obstructions, opening the understanding, and making all things plain and clear.

He leads in the way we should go in all spiritual things. Without such a guide, we would be apt to fall into error. A crucial part of the truth He reveals is that Jesus is who He said He is (John 15:26; 1 Corinthians 12:3). The Spirit convinces us of Christ’s deity and incarnation, His being the Messiah, His suffering and death, His resurrection and ascension, His exaltation at the right hand of God, and His role as the judge of all. He gives glory to Christ in all things (John 16:14).

Another one of the Holy Spirit’s roles is that of gift-giver. First Corinthians 12 describes the spiritual gifts given to believers in order that we may function as the body of Christ on earth. All these gifts, both great and small, are given by the Spirit so that we may be His ambassadors to the world, showing forth His grace and glorifying Him.

The Spirit also functions as fruit-producer in our lives. When He indwells us, He begins the work of harvesting His fruit in our lives—love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness and self-control (Galatians 5:22-23). These are not works of our flesh, which is incapable of producing such fruit, but they are products of the Spirit’s presence in our lives.

The knowledge that the Holy Spirit of God has taken up residence in our lives, that He performs all these miraculous functions, that He dwells with us forever, and that He will never leave or forsake us is cause for great joy and comfort. Thank God for this precious gift—the Holy Spirit and His work in our lives!
OldJG

Rockford, IL

#465839 Jul 25, 2013
My post to Cly came from gotquestions.org
Thank you, OldJG
Simple

Chicago, IL

#465841 Jul 25, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
No I'm not incorrect. I guess the definition of 'Protestant' should be examined. The Protesters who separated from the Catholic Church, Lutherans, Methodist and Anglicans, baptize infants.
I don't think 'Bible believing evangelical born agains' view themselves as Protestants. They say there IS NO Catholic Church. Or the Roman Empire hijacked it and formed the 'Roman Catholic Church' ie 'The Whore of Babylon'. I don't believe they are Protesting anything. The Bible was given to them I guess. They erased the previous 1900 yrs of Christianity. Now its just Jesus, the KJV and them!
Still, I think most of Christendom Baptizes infants with water.
So you are in charge of definitions and who is included in Christendom. I thought that the Messiah said he had come to save the world. Wonder how he will feel about you eliminating so many from consideration of being his? Most Christian based religions do not baptize infants. Some of the religions that baptize infants do not baptize to remove original sin. You are incorrect; do not compound your mistake move on.
OldJG

Rockford, IL

#465842 Jul 25, 2013
ROMAN CATHOLIC..........

THE ROSARY: The devotion to Mary centers around daily prayers recited with a rosary. The string of beads helps to keep track of the prayers and acts required.

THE PRAYERS: 5 decades of the rosary include 1 Creed, 2 Our Father, 153 Hail Marys, 16 Glory be to the Father,(or 1 Glory be and 15 Fatima Decade Prayers), and 1 Hail Holy Queen. So there are 154 prayers said to Mary and 18 to God, but if you use the Fatima Decade prayers instead of the Glory be prayer then you have 2 prayers to God and 169 to Mary.

THE CRUCIFIX: While holding the crucifix make the Sign of the Cross and then recite the Apostles Creed.

THE FIRST 5 BEADS: Recite the Our Father on the first large bead. On each of the three small beads recite a Hail Mary for an increase of faith, hope and charity. Recite the Glory Be to the Father on the next large bead.

THE DECADE:(one large and ten small). Recall the first Rosary mystery and recite the Our Father on the next large bead.

For each of the fifteen Mysteries do the following as you reflect on the mystery: On each of the adjacent ten small beads (also referred to as a decade) recite a Hail Mary. On the next large bead, recite the "Glory Be to the Father" or "The Fatima decade prayer" (added in 2000).

When the fifth mystery is completed, the Rosary is customarily concluded with the Hail, Holy Queen.
OldJG

Rockford, IL

#465843 Jul 25, 2013
Sad, so sad. This is written by a Roman Catholic. Sad, very sad.

http://www.sanpiodapietrelcina.org/english/se...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Pope Francis: 'Trump is not Christian' 12 hr swedenforever 46
News United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) Jul 20 I Jus Wanna Live ... 10,173
News Holding the left responsible (Sep '15) Jul 20 Crusader 4
News The 'Obamification' of Pope Francis (Sep '15) Jul 16 odG nDmdea yoHl r... 100
News Turkey disappointed with Pope's Armenian 'genoc... (Apr '15) Jul 14 Hasan Sasirmaz 32
News Pope says Church should ask forgiveness from ga... Jul 9 South Knox Hombre 10
News Christian Europe Jul 9 bluestreak returns 27
More from around the web