Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 641105 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

“GOD SO LOVED US”

Since: Aug 08

He Gave His SON,JESUS Christ

#465658 Jul 24, 2013
confrinting with the word wrote:
who="Seraphima" Rose,it is sad that someone can take the time to judge a post out of hate and anger verses out of truth.Those icons are now meaningless...I have watched positive judges on post that nick and I have made changed moments later to negative icons..It remains clearly and doesn't take a rocket sciencetist to know who did them. lol Even post that were pure and positive were judged negative..Pay no attention to those icons.You know who your friends are and they know your heart as does God.
I had no idea that they could be changed.
KM
Lol

Who knew

Who would bother

And lol I only commented because when you judge but
Don't post it's kind of futile

And I agree with SERA, only a few people would bother

IMO

Since: Sep 09

Prince George, Canada

#465659 Jul 24, 2013
Human Being wrote:
<quoted text>
June:
If you don't know..., then you don't know if you are conscious?
And you lean more toward thinking chemical interactions in the brain is consciousness?
I seem to be conscious now, but I don't know if after the cells in my brain dies whether consciousness continues or ends at that point.

I'm content to wait until the scenario unfolds in its own due time.

I don't pretend to be a fortune-teller.

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 53:1.--6 "MATT 10:27"

#465660 Jul 24, 2013
who="marge"
HELLO Clay?
Why do you think the NT was Written and written when it was?
1Forasmuch as many have taken in hand to set forth in order a declaration of those things which are most surely believed among us,
2Even as they delivered them unto us, which from the beginning were eyewitnesses, and ministers of the word;
3It seemed good to me also, having had perfect understanding of all things from the very first, to write unto thee in order, most excellent Theophilus,
>4That thou mightest know the certainty of those things, wherein thou hast been instructed.

Marge, Luke said that he made a special effort to put together the reports that were circulating about Jesus, and presented them to Theophilus, who must have been an important person. Luke was seeing to it that the gospel truth was presented.

Again, he did this when he wrote the book of Acts. He traveled with Paul on his missionary journeys, so we have a good record that was done in the time of Jesus and Paul.

Luke said that he himself had a perfect understanding of all these things from the beginning.

In NO WAY do I believe that some character wrote some hand-me-down stories years later.

KayMarie

“GOD SO LOVED US”

Since: Aug 08

He Gave His SON,JESUS Christ

#465661 Jul 24, 2013
Osas7 wrote:
<quoted text>Meditating on God's Word, is not idolatry. BTW, Im not a kjv onlyist.
Me either ..I may look at several to see if they agree.

I have a younger friend ..She has ADD She writes down passages and b

Things from Church ..We go over them in an NLT
Together do she can understand and follow.

I have several ..But I do like the NLT and the sites on the net which allow you to see all the different versions including the Cath o luv.

And on verses I have looked up ..they say the same thing .

Prince George, Canada

#465662 Jul 24, 2013
Osas7 wrote:
<quoted text>Why in this world, would you fuel a atheist, because of our doctrinal differences? My goodness gracious.
Discrimination against atheists

Ancient times

Those labeled as atheist, which included early Christians and Muslims, were as a result targeted for legal persecution.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Persecution_of_a ...

Prince George, Canada

#465663 Jul 24, 2013
Osas7 wrote:
<quoted text>June, until you can look in the mirror, give a honest inventory, you will always look down on others "sins", and forget you have any yourself.

I don't believe in religion or evil or a devil or sin or hell or holiness or heaven.

I believe that life is too complicated to label people with such words.

It's you who sees evil in others and holiness in your self.

Prince George, Canada

#465664 Jul 24, 2013
New Age Spiritual Leader wrote:
<quoted text>
As you can see, we no longer live in those shadows, and haven't been in quite some time.
Maybe, you should just move on into the 21st C. with the rest of us - knowing that you won't be fried.
You really should rely on facts to support your opinions, as they would do so much more to make you credible when answering.
Note the words "But for the law"

Iran is a Muslim theocracy. Their religion is the law, and people are out to death who disobey the men who rule the government with religion.

June VanDerMark wrote:

<quoted text>
But for the law that separates (to a degree) religion from government ... I would be burned at the stake, and so would you, and so would all others who disagreed with whichever religion happened to rule supreme.

Prince George, Canada

#465665 Jul 24, 2013
are put to death

Prince George, Canada

#465666 Jul 24, 2013
New Age Spiritual Leader wrote:
<quoted text>
You were raised and played a part in Christianity for 70+ years, and now you say you are on the outside. Sounds like your indoctrination just "went away", huh?
Oh wait, no it didn't, you CHOSE to leave it behind.
Self.
I never believed Jesus was a savior. When I was in religion I just believed he was another teacher as were other religious teachers in other religions.

Yes, I did leave religion behind. It was and is nothing but fuel for right-fighters to make fools of their selves.

Prince George, Canada

#465667 Jul 24, 2013
atemcowboy wrote:
June VanDerMark wrote:
Then spake Jesus to the multitude, and to his disciples,
Atheist poem………

Test o' Fires

by Michael Gibb

Placing Satan in their handbags
they go 'a knocking on doors
where they're least expected
to trade the here-and-now
for everlasting obscurity.

All for a Book filled with the
occult, murderous intentions, and twisted realities
where truth is falsehood and falsehood is gospel
and a simple question
merits the death penalty.

With the pitter-patter of tiny feet
they approach with learned stealth
caring for nothing
but the opium high of testifying.

Overjoyed by rejection
yet bewildered by disbelief
their prayer orgies strafe the ethers
in long arches of arrogance.

"We have the truth!" they proclaim boldly
as legion more proclaim a differing story.
I read their Book filled with
insanity, conflict, and unnumbered depravities
then look into their junkie eyes.

Nothing that I say can appease
the Beast lurking behind the message
with peace on the lips
and dripping evil on the tongue.

Quickly closing the door
on the message of death
disguised in goodness,
a sigh of relief passes my lips.

The wolves of the forest
have been kept at bay
for, at least,
one more day.
OldJG

Rockford, IL

#465668 Jul 24, 2013
Papal Persecutions - Waldensians (1147-1658)
Meet the Popes of this Era

Boniface VIII Adultery and homosexual activity
Clement V Loved prostitutes
Paul II Homosexual, who liked bondage and lust. Died of a heart attack while being sodomized
Alexander VI Incest, adultery, illegitimate children, Orgies in the papal palace

The Waldenses or Vaudois were French Protestants in the Piedmont Valley region of southern France and northern Italy. By the middle ages, the church was filled with darkness and superstition. Around the year 1000, some people, notably Berengarius, boldly preached the primitive gospel truths and separated themselves from the Roman church. He was succeeded by Peer Bruis who wrote a book called Antichrist.

By the year 1140, there was a large number in the reformed movement, and their popularity alarmed the pope, prompting him to gather scholars to write against their doctrines and to ask several princes to banish them from their dominions.

By 1147 Peter Waldo of Lyons became a popular preacher among the reformed and they came to be known as Waldensians. Pope Alexander III excommunicated Waldo and his followers and asked the Bishop of Lyons to exterminate them from the face of the earth. So the persecution of the Waldensians began. This was the first time that the system of the Inquisition was used. Any open or anonymous accusation was sufficient evidence of guilt. The Dominician Order was formed from a monk named Dominic who was tasked with debating the Waldensians out of their beliefs. The Dominicans had been principally responsible for being the inquisitors in all future inquisitions.

Prince George, Canada

#465669 Jul 24, 2013
Christians credit there selves with being Jesus' disciples.

It's a blatant insult to imply that a Jew vouches for Christianity as being the one and only truth.

Each time they repeat their lies, the rut is dug just that much deeper.
OldJG

Rockford, IL

#465670 Jul 24, 2013
It is big business to sell indulgences, to announce jubilees or pilgrimages to Rome. Any works of penance that encourages giving money. A promise of indulgences to the general population was enough to make any civil leader obey the popes. The church has raised massive armies with their guaranteed promises of heaven and the wealth of the heretics in this life.

In the book called "Tax of the Sacred Roman Chancery", this is a list of the amount to be paid for a particular sin. These were established in 1316 by Pope John XXII. Leo X published it in 1514.

THE PRICES OF SINS IN THE CHURCH OF ROME

Sin *Price
Abortion $1.50
Murdering a layman $1.75
Perjury, forgery, lying $2.00
Murdering a family member $2.50
Burning a neighbor's house $2.75
Violence on a priest $2.75
Total absolution $12.00

*Prices in nineteenth century dollars
OldJG

Rockford, IL

#465671 Jul 24, 2013
THE EUCHARIST AND THE SACRIFICE OF THE MASS

The mass started in 394 A.D. It is defined as an unbloody sacrifice of Christ. The bread and wine are the actual, literal (not symbolic) presence of God - therefore this bread must be worshiped as God.

There should be no doubt in anyone's mind that all the faithful ought to show to this most holy sacrament the worship which is due to the true God, as has always been the custom of the Catholic Church. Nor is it to be adored by any the less because it was instituted by Christ to be eaten (Vatican Council II, page 104).

If any one shall deny that the body and blood together with the soul and divinity of our Lord Jesus Christ, and therefore entire Christ, are truly, really, and substantially contained in the sacrament of the most holy Eucharist; and shall say that He is only in it as a sign, or in a figure, or virtually -- let him be accursed (Canon 1, Council of Trent).

If any one shall say that the substance of the bread and wine remains in the sacrament of the most holy Eucharist, together with the body and blood of our Lord Jesus Christ, and shall deny that wonderful and singular conversion of the whole substance of the bread into the body, and of the whole substance of the wine into the blood, the outward forms of the bread and wine still remaining, which conversion the Catholic Church most aptly calls transubstantiation -- let him be accursed (Canon 2, Council of Trent).

If any man shall say that Christ, the only begotten Son of God, is not to be adored in the holy sacrament of the Eucharist, even with the open worship of latria, and therefore not to be venerated with any peculiar festal celebrity, nor to be solemnly carried about in processions according to the praiseworthy, and universal rites and customs of the holy Church, and that he is not to be publicly set before the people to be adored, and that his adorers are idolaters -- let him be accursed (Canon 6, Council of Trent).
OldJG

Rockford, IL

#465672 Jul 24, 2013
THE ROSARY: The devotion to Mary centers around daily prayers recited with a rosary. The string of beads helps to keep track of the prayers and acts required.

THE PRAYERS: 5 decades of the rosary include 1 Creed, 2 Our Father, 153 Hail Marys, 16 Glory be to the Father,(or 1 Glory be and 15 Fatima Decade Prayers), and 1 Hail Holy Queen.

So there are 154 prayers said to Mary and 18 to God, but if you use the Fatima Decade prayers instead of the Glory be prayer then you have 2 prayers to God and 169 to Mary.

THE CRUCIFIX: While holding the crucifix make the Sign of the Cross and then recite the Apostles Creed.

THE FIRST 5 BEADS: Recite the Our Father on the first large bead. On each of the three small beads recite a Hail Mary for an increase of faith, hope and charity. Recite the Glory Be to the Father on the next large bead.

THE DECADE(one large and ten small): Recall the first Rosary mystery and recite the Our Father on the next large bead. For each of the fifteen Mysteries do the following as you reflect on the mystery: On each of the adjacent ten small beads (also referred to as a decade) recite a Hail Mary .
On the next large bead, recite the "Glory Be to the Father" or "The Fatima decade prayer" (added in 2000). When the fifth mystery is completed, the Rosary is Customarily concluded with the Hail, Holy Queen.
marge

Leesburg, GA

#465673 Jul 24, 2013
confrinting with the word wrote:
who="marge"
HELLO Clay?
Why do you think the NT was Written and written when it was?
1Forasmuch as many have taken in hand to set forth in order a declaration of those things which are most surely believed among us,
2Even as they delivered them unto us, which from the beginning were eyewitnesses, and ministers of the word;
3It seemed good to me also, having had perfect understanding of all things from the very first, to write unto thee in order, most excellent Theophilus,
>4That thou mightest know the certainty of those things, wherein thou hast been instructed.
Marge, Luke said that he made a special effort to put together the reports that were circulating about Jesus, and presented them to Theophilus, who must have been an important person. Luke was seeing to it that the gospel truth was presented.
Again, he did this when he wrote the book of Acts. He traveled with Paul on his missionary journeys, so we have a good record that was done in the time of Jesus and Paul.
Luke said that he himself had a perfect understanding of all these things from the beginning.
In NO WAY do I believe that some character wrote some hand-me-down stories years later.
KayMarie
agree, they were insprired by God right then and there for a reason, that people would know the Truth for certain.

Falsehoods were already circulating, imagine being there and the arguements, wow, just like now, and they still believe the oral. May God bless their hearts.
truth

Perth, Australia

#465674 Jul 24, 2013
Evil is evil
mind=when you decoded what is in mind of many people
then you will be honest with your story.

look even on peace of cloth structure of material are code and secret of mind patterns look colors and symbols..

with symbols and patterns which going from 'mind' of people can come out any secret for benificary as well
destruction ..
even peace of cloth have structure or secret code as well pattern..
truth

Perth, Australia

#465675 Jul 24, 2013
does meter you liked me or not
it is as it is..
I am not care what you think about me..evil is evil..mind..secrets code on any material or structure is some as destruction as well for good..
truth

Perth, Australia

#465676 Jul 24, 2013
lucifer looking creation of humans as well act as righteousness acuser as well killer..did he fall
yepppppppppppppp

evil is evil
truth

Perth, Australia

#465677 Jul 24, 2013
all things el liked as accuser sit in Jesus Christ chair as false judge as false corupt organization..evil is evil..melidakiller can ring my tel.agan..they know where are you..others have eye too upon you

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Pope Francis eases way for divorced Catholics w... 1 hr Demon Finder 55
News United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) 7 hr I recently left 10,097
News Pope Francis meets top Sunni cleric Tue Bullet Proof Pope 1
News Pope Francis: Islam's Friend, Christianity's Foe? May 23 naman 1
News Pope Francis meets with victims of child sexual... May 20 humor in everything 2
News Pope says he's willing to study women deacons, ... May 16 Redeemed 3
News John Paul II College of Davao (Dec '07) May 13 Michael 671
More from around the web