Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

Full story: CBC News

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Comments (Page 22,452)

Showing posts 449,021 - 449,040 of529,972
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:

“Free gift means FREE”

Since: Jan 09

Chicagoland

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 23, 2013

Ecclesiastes 7:17 - Be not over much wicked, neither be thou foolish: why shouldest thou die before thy time?
truth

Perth, Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 23, 2013

seed of sinners

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 23, 2013

Judged:

Dust Storm wrote:
Hey Protestants your brother Herme is posting in support of this site as well. Here you are. Clerics and Monks real Orthodox according to Herme. What a Phony. Decree
3. The same things apply to an even greater degree to Protestantism, which as the offspring of Papism
has inherited many heresies, but has also added many more. It has rejected Tradition, accepting only
Holy Scripture (Sola Scriptura), which it misinterprets; it has abolished the Priesthood as a unique
Mystery (Sacrament), as well as the veneration of the Saints and of the holy Icons; it has failed to
honor, or even, in some cases, slighted the person of the Most Holy Theotokos (Mother of God); it has
discarded monasticism; among the Holy Mysteries, it accepts only Baptism and the Divine Eucharist,
which are understood in a way that deviates sharply from the teaching and the practice of the Church;
it teaches such things as absolute predestination (Calvinism) and justification through faith alone.
Furthermore, its more "progressive" sector has introduced Priesthood for women and marriage
between homosexuals - whom they even accept into the ranks of the clergy. But above all, it lacks a
proper ecclesiology, because the Orthodox understanding of the nature of the Church does not exist
among them.16

(Edited for Space and because Storm is the Heretic)

delusion and heresy. For the incorporation of heretics into the Church, canonical precision (akriveia)
requires that they be accepted through Baptism.17 Their previous “baptism,” performed outside the
Church (without the triple immersion and emersion of the one being baptized in water sanctified by a
particular prayer) is in no way a baptism.18 All attempts at baptism outside the Church lack the Grace
of the Holy Spirit (Who does not remain within schisms and heresies) and as such, we have nothing in
common that unites us, as Basil the Great points out:“those who had apostatized from the Church had
no longer on them the Grace of the Holy Spirit, for it ceased to be imparted when the continuity was
broken…they who were broken off had become laymen, and, because they are no longer able to confer
My friends know where I stand with them. They also know that all the posts you and Anthony and Regina do has the agenda of trying to turn them against us.This agenda now should be clear to everyone here.It just confounds me that it would be so important to you all to damage our relationship with them. Obsessive.

First, the Protestant Church and the Protestants, Born Agains etc didnt make a formal declaration that other churches are not true churches as your wise pope did.

The Protestants are not trying to absorb my church. The Orthodox do not want to absorb the Protestants. Its the Catholics. They have conquering in their soul. They have to have everything. This is obvious to everyone but you and whomever writes those asinine Catholic sites.

Someone who wants to water down the Orthodox beliefs (ecumenists) so that we can join with your Church is my enemy and the enemy of just about all Orthodox.

Let me give you a taste of reality. This is how the Orthodox feel about their faith. When my father found out I was studying Catholicism with a nun, my Mom had to call me. She said he paced the floors for 3 nights without sleep.

If someone in my family converted to Catholicism they would be shunned. No one would speak to them.That would apply to all in my little home town. It would be unheard of.No you dont know how Orthodox feel about reunion.

As far as the Protestants go, you should listen to them. Perhaps you may learn the value of a relationship with Christ. You may learn what Christian compassion is.You may learn to make the rituals you go through by rote now actually mean something spiritually.

You have no idea that Orthodoxy in many ways is closer to Protestantism that the Frankish Church (Catholic).

The Catholic sites are so transparently lies that it only fools people like you.

“Free gift means FREE”

Chicagoland

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 23, 2013

2 Kings 20:1

In those days Hezekiah became sick and was at the point of death. And Isaiah the prophet the son of Amoz came to him and said to him,“Thus says the Lord,‘Set your house in order, for you shall die; you shall not recover.’”
truth

Perth, Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 23, 2013

seed of sinners=evillllllllllllll
see
OldJG

Rockford, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 23, 2013

Judged:

OldJG wrote:
Question.....
When does a believer in Jesus Christ receive eternal life?
<quoted text>
Thank you for your answer but the question was directed to Roman Catholics and other non OSAS persons.
Tiger Lily wrote:
<quoted text>
Catholics would answer, "As soon as the child has been sprinkled with a few drops of water, some salt and the sign of the cross is made on the forehead."
LOL LOL LOL

“Free gift means FREE”

Chicagoland

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 23, 2013

The fear of the LORD prolongeth days: but the years of the wicked shall be shortened.

Proverbs 10:27

“Free gift means FREE”

Chicagoland

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 23, 2013

The fear of the LORD is the beginning of wisdom: and the knowledge of the holy is understanding. For by me thy days shall be multiplied, and the years of thy life shall be increased.

Proverbs 9:10-11

My son, forget not my law; but let thine heart keep my commandments: For length of days, and long life, and peace, shall they add to thee.

Proverbs 3:1-2

“Free gift means FREE”

Chicagoland

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 23, 2013

Honour thy father and mother; (which is the first commandment with promise;) That it may be well with thee, and thou mayest live long on the earth.

Ephesians 6:2-3

Since: Sep 09

Prince George, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 23, 2013

Osas7 wrote:
The fear of the LORD is the beginning of wisdom-
If I was certain that a belief in Jesus was the only way to avoid hell, I would also be very afraid of the LORD!

Thankfully I don't believe in any religious nonsense.
OldJG

Rockford, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 23, 2013

Judged:

Osas7 wrote:
<quoted text>that flesh and blood cannot inherit the kingdom of God;
“Flesh and blood” refers to the mortal body, so our present bodies in their current condition cannot enter into the kingdom of God. Our present physical organism cannot go to heaven. The idea of “inherit” is to take possession of.
atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>then you should make up your mind just what you believe and follow. you told old jg that you inherit eternal life when you get saved and now you say that your body will not enter Heaven.
eternal life comes when you die as a Christian, Salvation and forgiveness of sin comes when you accept Christ as your Savior. Common sense 101
More like Bologna 101

You call yourself a pastor and know nothing of the very word you preach. What seminary did you attend? What denomination hired you?

In another post you stated I ran someone off this forum with filthy language. Will you repent of your sin of gossip and lying?

What happens if you do not repent? I mean right now! Have you lost your salvation?

“Free gift means FREE”

Chicagoland

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 23, 2013

RETHINKING THE NEW
TESTAMENT CONCEPT OF
PERISHING
BOB WILKIN
Editor
Journal of the Grace Evangelical Society
I. INTRODUCTION
What did Peter mean when he wrote,“The Lord is…not
willing that any should perish but that all should come to
repentance”(2 Pet 3:9)?
What did the Lord Jesus mean when He said,“Unless
you repent you will all likewise perish”(Luke 13:3)?
In the NT the concept of perishing is often tied to a
failure to repent. That is, repentance is required to avoid
perishing, whatever that is.
We will first consider the popular understanding of
perishing in the NT. Then we will see that the popular
understanding does not correspond to the data. The NT
uses of apollumi show that it mainly refers to physical
death and destruction, not to eternal condemnation. Then
we consider the practical ramifications of a proper understanding of apollumi in the NT.

More here:
http://www.faithalone.org/journal/2010ii/Autu...
truth

Perth, Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 23, 2013

your law is not my law
noooooooooooooooooooooooooo
acusers day by day night by night

say
renunciation from evil lawwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww
that law s not my law
OldJG

Rockford, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 23, 2013

Judged:

Hermeneutics Smutics wrote:
<quoted text>
My friends know where I stand with them. They also know that all the posts you and Anthony and Regina do has the agenda of trying to turn them against us.This agenda now should be clear to everyone here.It just confounds me that it would be so important to you all to damage our relationship with them. Obsessive.
First, the Protestant Church and the Protestants, Born Agains etc didnt make a formal declaration that other churches are not true churches as your wise pope did.
The Protestants are not trying to absorb my church. The Orthodox do not want to absorb the Protestants. Its the Catholics. They have conquering in their soul. They have to have everything. This is obvious to everyone but you and whomever writes those asinine Catholic sites.
Someone who wants to water down the Orthodox beliefs (ecumenists) so that we can join with your Church is my enemy and the enemy of just about all Orthodox.
Let me give you a taste of reality. This is how the Orthodox feel about their faith. When my father found out I was studying Catholicism with a nun, my Mom had to call me. She said he paced the floors for 3 nights without sleep.
If someone in my family converted to Catholicism they would be shunned. No one would speak to them.That would apply to all in my little home town. It would be unheard of.No you dont know how Orthodox feel about reunion.
As far as the Protestants go, you should listen to them. Perhaps you may learn the value of a relationship with Christ. You may learn what Christian compassion is.You may learn to make the rituals you go through by rote now actually mean something spiritually.
You have no idea that Orthodoxy in many ways is closer to Protestantism that the Frankish Church (Catholic).
The Catholic sites are so transparently lies that it only fools people like you.
Very well said. Thank you for the positive input and God bless you and your wonderful wife.
newsphotos

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 23, 2013

Judged:

Revelation's FALSE PROPHET ...In Plain View

http://www.youtube.com/watch...

marge

Ames, IA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 23, 2013

Judged:

Osas7 wrote:
<quoted text>Old JG?
imo she left because of what Preston said to her, which i will never repeat, and Preston knows what i'm talking about.
truth

Perth, Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 23, 2013

don't honor posess person..deciver is deciver=evil
truth

Perth, Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 23, 2013

be specific
renunciation from evil law
every law is not holy law
every person is not holy person

Respect what!?

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 23, 2013

Judged:

OldJG wrote:
<quoted text>
Very well said. Thank you for the positive input and God bless you and your wonderful wife.
Thanks from the heart and God Bless You.
OldJG

Rockford, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 23, 2013

ETERNAL SECURITY by: Pastor Adrian Rogers

1. NOTHING CAN SEPARATE YOU FROM THE LOVE OF GOD WHICH IS IN CHRIST JESUS OUR LORD
For I am convinced that neither death nor life, neither angels nor demons, neither the present nor the future, nor any powers, neither height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God that is in Christ Jesus our Lord.(Romans 8:38-39) Neither death nor anything that happens after death, or anything that happens while you're living can separate you from God's love. If there were no other verse in the Bible that deals with eternal security, this one covers the base.

2. WHEN YOU ARE SAVED YOU ARE MADE PERFECT FOREVER
Because by one sacrifice he has made perfect forever those who are being made holy.(Hebrews 10:14) When Jesus died on the cross, He saved you forever. Jesus offered one sacrifice for sin forever. If you ever lost your salvation, in order for you to be saved again, Jesus would have to die again. By one offering He has perfected forever those who were sanctified.

3. OUR LORD ALWAYS FINISHES WHAT HE BEGINS
Being confident of this very thing, that He [God] which hath begun a good work in you will perform it until the day of Jesus Christ.(Philippians 1:6) Let me tell you what the Holy Spirit of God does for your salvation. First, He convicted you of sin. Second, He converted you. And the Convictor and the Converter is also the Completer. If God fails to finish what He's begun God has failed and He cannot fail.

4. YOU ARE PREDESTINED TO BE LIKE JESUS
For whom He [God] did foreknow, He also did predestinate to be conformed to the image of His Son, that He might be the firstborn among many brethren.(Romans 8:29) God saw you before this world was put in space. He saw you repent of your sin and ask Jesus to save you. And when God saw that, not only did He foreknow it, but also He predestinated it. If it is settled in eternity how can it be undone in time?

5. YOU ARE IN CHRIST
Therefore if any man be in Christ, he is a new creature: old things are passed away; behold, all things are become new.(2 Corinthians 5:17) You are in Christ just like Noah was in the ark. The ark was a picture of Jesus and when Noah went into that ark God shut the door. Noah may have fallen down a lot of times in that ark, but he never fell out of it. Your security is not in a place, it is in a Person and His name is Jesus. And if you're in Jesus, you're secure and if you're not in Jesus you're not secure.

6. YOU ALREADY HAVE ETERNAL LIFE
Heareth My word, and believeth on him that sent Me, hath everlasting life, and shall not come into condemnation; but is passed from death unto life.(John 5:24) Everlasting life is not something you get when you die. Everlasting life is something you get when you receive Jesus. If I have everlasting life, when can it end? Suppose I had it 10 years and it ended. Did I have everlasting life? No, I had a 10-year life. Whatever you have, if you ever lose it, whatever it was it wasn't everlasting.

7. THE LORD JESUS CHRIST IS EVER INTERCEDING
FOR YOU
I pray for them. I am not praying for the world, but for those you have given me, for they are yours.(John 17:9) Jesus also prayed: "I pray not that thou shouldest take them out of the world, but that thou shouldest keep them from the evil...Neither pray I for these alone, but for them also which shall believe on me through their word" (John 17:15, 20). Say your name in that verse because Jesus prayed for you! Has Jesus ever prayed a prayer that wasn't answered? No, not one (see John 11:42 and Hebrews 7:25).

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 449,021 - 449,040 of529,972
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••