Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 691845 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

“GOD SO LOVED US”

Since: Aug 08

He Gave His SON,JESUS Christ

#465608 Jul 24, 2013
New Age Spiritual Leader wrote:
<quoted text>
How do you know that "early believers" did not want to be part of the Catholic Church, considering the "Catholic Church" was not established until 325 CE.
That was an easy one.
Maybe you are confused on what was the "catholic" church and what was the "Church".
The Roman Church ..better?? All entwined with The Emperor .

“GOD SO LOVED US”

#465609 Jul 24, 2013
Osas7 wrote:
<quoted text>Correct, because they have never been given the opportunity of being "redeemed". They don't have a substitute for their sin, like believers have. He who knew no sin became sin FOR US. Know the verse?
IMO

They all knew,and lived with God .

They did not have the evil one tempting them.because he hates them as he hates us.

They knew God as well as he did..just fell for his line of reasoning.
OldJG

Rockford, IL

#465610 Jul 24, 2013
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
Here is a hypothetical ONLY question
We know of at least one instance ..Job..And another when Sat an is allowed to tempt Jesus. That there is communication between him and God.
Is there any possible provision that ANY OF THE FALLEN angels,can turn back and be forgiven ...??
This has nothing to do with Jesus dying for us..But is it POSSIBLE.
Angels do not receive salvation.

“GOD SO LOVED US”

#465611 Jul 24, 2013
OldJG wrote:
<quoted text>
Angels do not receive salvation.
Oh I know .Jesus died for us

The perfect HUMAN sacrifice

.as I said I just wonder if sometime since they fell..any one if them looked st their leader and said..This is NOT WHAT I signed
On for ..And prayed to the Father

Since: Feb 12

Location hidden

#465612 Jul 24, 2013
<quoted text>
Correct - some emoticons will "cancel" out another emoticon, if it was judged.
For example:
If I were to agree with this post and place a check mark ont he "Agree" judgicon, and if it posts to the forum, it will remain attached to the post until someone check marks the "Disagree" judgicon.
Once that happens, the "Agree" disappears, and the "Disagree" won't show up until another disagree judgicon is marked.
FYI - some computers, like the one I am on, is a hit-or-miss when it comes to these things - more of a miss than the hit.
Well I sure this info will carry me thru my Gold Years lol

Location hidden

#465613 Jul 24, 2013
Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text>Misery loves company.
Well,I don't like miserable company...lol

“What are you looking at?”

Since: Jan 08

Albuquerque, NM

#465614 Jul 24, 2013
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh I know .Jesus died for us
The perfect HUMAN sacrifice
.as I said I just wonder if sometime since they fell..any one if them looked st their leader and said..This is NOT WHAT I signed
On for ..And prayed to the Father
I wonder why you accept Jesus' death - your "HUMAN sacrifice", over the Maya's?
" the sacrifice of a human life was the ultimate offering of blood to the gods, and the most important Maya rituals culminated in human sacrifice. "
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Human_sacrifice_...

Is it because someone told you to believe that "Jesus did it for our sins"?

The odd thing about this, Jesus taught us that the Spirit transcends, and his death was to show that this was the case.

(11) Jesus says:

(1) "This heaven will pass away, and the (heaven) above it will pass away.
(2) And the dead are not alive, and the living will not died.
(3) In the days when you consumed what was dead, you made it alive.
When you are in the light, what will you do?
(4) On the day when you were one, you became two.
But when you become two, what will you do?

(17) Jesus says:

"I will give you what no eye has seen, and what no ear has heard,
and what no hand has touched, and what has not occurred to the human mind."

(22)

(1) Jesus saw infants being suckled.
(2) He said to his disciples:
"These little ones being suckled are like those who enter the kingdom."
(3) They said to him: "Then will we enter the kingdom as little ones?"
(4) Jesus said to them: "When you make the two into one,
and when you make the inside like the outside and the outside like the inside
and the above like the below
(5) that is, to make the male and the female into a single one,
so that the male will not be male and the female will not be female
(6) and when you make eyes instead of an eye
and a hand instead of a hand and a foot instead of a foot,
an image instead of an image,(7) then you will enter [the kingdom]."

(24)

(1) His disciples said: "Show us the place where you are,
because it is necessary for us to seek it.
(2) He said to them: "Whoever has ears should hear!
(3) Light exists inside a person of light, and he shines on the whole world.
If he does not shine, there is darkness."

http://www.gnosis.org/naghamm/gth_pat_rob.htm

Why don't you believe Jesus?

“What are you looking at?”

Since: Jan 08

Albuquerque, NM

#465615 Jul 24, 2013
Seraphima wrote:
<quoted text>Well I sure this info will carry me thru my Gold Years lol
Yes, young padawan, thru your "Golden Years".

:o)

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#465616 Jul 24, 2013
Osas7 wrote:
<quoted text>I guess you never drove up a mountain road! Swing and a miss for you :)
I have driven up mountain roads...I have driven down mountain roads...but my car has not driven...anywhere at no time........

fyi: Drive: To guide, control, or direct (a vehicle)

Tain't what does a car!!!! Honest....check with the MVD...or any car dealership personnel!!!!!

Location hidden

#465617 Jul 24, 2013
<quoted text>
Whats a padawan, please.
Clay

Melrose Park, IL

#465618 Jul 24, 2013
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
Why are you not be cooperative...willing to share your wisdom with us???
I have asked you several times to tell us the word of God that was given orally....you know...traditions...
Tell us who were/are involved in making this known to you....from the first person God gave it to....down to yourself...
You are not interested in truth. You could care less what we Catholics really believe.

But since you're persistent.....the oral word of God is basically the Apostles explaining the verses you guys now beat everybody over the head with.

What, you didn't think the Apostles explained their writings?
Andrew went to Greece. Thomas went to India. Matthew to Syria. There, they established the Holy Mass. This is why Eastern Orthodox share in our belief in the Eucharist. Andrew gave the East the word of God too.
Now, go twist turn and shape the Word of God to fit your ideology. I'm sure Andrew, Thomas and Jesus Christ really appreciate it.

Location hidden

#465619 Jul 24, 2013
<quoted text>
Never mind...I googled it! And may the horse be with you!(Mr. Ed)lol.

Location hidden

#465620 Jul 24, 2013
Osas7 wrote:
<quoted text>Let's just cut to the chase, shall we? You believe that "faith alone" is false, right?
My whole point of "belief", is not in our belief, but the OBJECT of our faith. Works don't save, not even faith saves. Still with me?
Look at Ephesians 2:8,9
For "by" grace you have been saved(past tense)...
Observation: The ONLY word associated with the word "by" is "grace".
Not "by" faith. Not "by" works. BY GRACE.
When Sola Fide(Faith alone) is used, it is in its reception, not the means of saving. Faith is the vehicle of reception, to the offer of GRACE.
You missed by a mile!!!!

I have not expressed a belief that "faith" is false. Am not arguing that works don't save...am not arguing that we are not saved by grace. Am not arguing that faith is not the vehicle of reception to the offer of grace...

Stay on track...once more..."but belief for" is answered in your words "At the moment of belief"....you don't see it?????

Would you like some help on this???

“GOD SO LOVED US”

#465621 Jul 24, 2013
Seraphima wrote:
<quoted text>Whats a padawan, please.
something from Star Wars,

“Free gift means FREE”

Since: Jan 09

Chicagoland

#465622 Jul 24, 2013
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
I have driven up mountain roads...I have driven down mountain roads...but my car has not driven...anywhere at no time........
fyi: Drive: To guide, control, or direct (a vehicle)
Tain't what does a car!!!! Honest....check with the MVD...or any car dealership personnel!!!!!
Ok. Btw, you have never answered if you read that short study on James 2:19. Also, you did not address the observations made on Ephesians 2:8,9. Do you care to explain what your doctrinal position is? Do you believe we are saved "by" our works or "by" our faith? Yes or no

“Free gift means FREE”

Chicagoland

#465623 Jul 24, 2013
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
You missed by a mile!!!!
I have not expressed a belief that "faith" is false. Am not arguing that works don't save...am not arguing that we are not saved by grace. Am not arguing that faith is not the vehicle of reception to the offer of grace...
Stay on track...once more..."but belief for" is answered in your words "At the moment of belief"....you don't see it?????
Would you like some help on this???
What exactly would I need your help for? Do you believe eternal life starts at the moment of belief/trust in the Savior, or once you pass from this life here?

“Free gift means FREE”

Chicagoland

#465624 Jul 24, 2013
Does Oxbow believe justification is by "faith alone" or...."faith plus works"?

Does Oxbow believe justification happens at the moment of belief, or after this life, here on Earth?

Does Oxbow believe justification is by "faith plus works"?

Location hidden

#465625 Jul 24, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
You are not interested in truth. You could care less what we Catholics really believe.
But since you're persistent.....the oral word of God is basically the Apostles explaining the verses you guys now beat everybody over the head with.
Andrew went to Greece. Thomas went to India. Matthew to Syria. There, they established the Holy Mass. This is why Eastern Orthodox share in our belief in the Eucharist. Andrew gave the East the word of God too.
Now, go twist turn and shape the Word of God to fit your ideology. I'm sure Andrew, Thomas and Jesus Christ really appreciate it.
"the oral word of God is basically the Apostles explaining the verses you guys now beat everybody over the head with."

I am totally confused...

You appear to be saying that the oral,as in, spoken rather than written, Word of God, is basically,as in, for the most part, the Apostles explaining the verses us guys now beat everybody over the head with."

Please elucidate..
In my world when I hear "the written Word of God" I see Scripture written in black and white in the Bible...

When I hear "the oral Word of God" I think of people speaking...
I don't see, at that time, written Scripture in the Bible..

When I hear "oral traditions"...I think of teachings that are spoken only...not written...because if they are written...they ain't oral!!!!

Sorry to be such a dunce...

marge

Leesburg, GA

#465626 Jul 24, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
Luke said he wrote an orderly account of things so we can know the things we hear orally, are accurate truth.

Location hidden

#465627 Jul 24, 2013
Osas7 wrote:
<quoted text>What exactly would I need your help for? Do you believe eternal life starts at the moment of belief/trust in the Savior, or once you pass from this life here?
Because you cannot see the answer to the question you asked. Quote:Yes, belief, but belief for...?, in your own words!!!!! Quote: At the moment of belief....

But...if you have no interest in the truth...so be it...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Pope urges compassion from politicians who fan ... 6 hr Frindly 2
News United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) Dec 4 Mr Sir 10,694
News Pope Francis is greeted by young children in tr... Nov 27 TRUE CATHOLIC her... 1
News John Paul I Closer to Sainthood as Book Debunks... Nov 12 South Knox Hombre 1
News Vatican backs Obama as Nobel Peace Prize Winner (Oct '09) Nov '17 Feeling Abandoned 37
News Pope Francis to stop off in Cuba on way to Unit... (Apr '15) Nov '17 whirlignmerc 11
News War, religion and tolerance Oct '17 The Bible Student 1
More from around the web