Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 670126 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

Anthony MN

United States

#465141 Jul 23, 2013
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes ..are you a Catholic..if so the question STILL is DO babies..born and unborn go to be with JESUS or some other place ..as I was taught.
Limbo.
There are sights about GODS mercy ..We hope this...
But not one Catholic Cathplicwill answer.
And I think you are just instigating IMO..
BUT if you a 're a Catholic ..where do they go.
Did you read what the official teaching of the Church says????

Rose, what does the bible say???

IMO you are the one instigating.

“GOD SO LOVED US”

Since: Aug 08

He Gave His SON,JESUS Christ

#465142 Jul 23, 2013
atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>lol, you knew him way back then. he had a different nick back then, but it usually ended with that 7.
Dom lived in Texas and then moved back to Chicago and back to texas.
I very well.May have since I know, I posted to John from New,Jersey.

Maybe you also ???

But oh how memory fades. Lol..

Remember John because he was,Orthodox..

It was before the election of 2008

As,I got into it with a few on a different thread over the DEMs dragging. Palin's daughter through the mud ...something they would scream about if it was done vice versa.

But that I'd a WHOLE OTHER can of worms ..

“What are you looking at?”

Since: Jan 08

Albuquerque, NM

#465143 Jul 23, 2013
New Age Spiritual Leader wrote:

You are the one who brought it up.
What now, do you just want to pass the buck?
You so-called "Christians" tend to do this alot. Make a claim that sounds so wonderful when you speak it, but when confronted with it, you back off, turn it around to someone else, or more often divert totally from the claim you made.
If you think babies go somewhere else than "heaven" then just say it. How you know that babies do or don't, and then use a text written by a man to come to your conclusion is not very good sense either.
Maybe you should ask "God".
But you do bring in a good point. NO RELIGION is required for salvation. Not yours, not the Catholics, not the Jews, not the Muslims, not anyone.
Self.
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes ..
"Yes?" to what in the above post I made?
- you'll have to be more clear in your response.
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
are you a Catholic..
No.
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
if so the question STILL is DO babies..born and unborn go to be with JESUS or some other place ..as I was taught.
Limbo.
I already answered this previously - I do believe that the Spirit returns to its source - our Father.

And as I already stated, why would you think otherwise?

Why would you even have to ask where they go? Do you have a stake in those lost lives?

How?

Maybe you should be worrying about yourself first, huh? You know the parable about the "piece of wood in your eye", right?

Then again, if you have to ask, maybe you don't just understand the parable fully. Otherwise, you wouldn't ask at all.
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
There are? Oh yeah, what men have described.

Do you think fallible men can describe an infallible being?
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
Catholics never give you a straight answer. They never have, and I'd be surprised if they ever will.

Just ask Anthony and Clay if they personally believe that the Pope is infallible. As they did to me, they never answered the question directly, but loved to skate around other definitions and reasons, but never a heartborn personal statement of "Yes New Age, I believe the Pope is infallible."

It was just too much honesty for them to admit.

*shrugs*

That is Catholicism.
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
Your opinion is wrong.

I'm posting to show how you, a so-called "Christian" has not done what you promote - by believing in all of what Jesus taught.

You don't, and I am here posting and showing the world that it is true.
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
*sighs*

Albuquerque, NM

#465144 Jul 23, 2013
RoSesz wrote:
Yes ..are you a Catholic..if so the question STILL is DO babies..born and unborn go to be with JESUS or some other place ..as I was taught.
Limbo.
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
Anthony - maybe you should post what "God" says, instead some "official teaching" of men.

*sighs*

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 53:1.--6 "MATT 10:27"

#465145 Jul 23, 2013
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
Um, yeah. The apostles thought that Jesus's return was imminent, well within their lifetimes. And no, the was no "press corp" in Palestine.
Tell me what you know about the dating of the books in the NT.
~~~

There was no gentile/heathen Roman Catholic church at that time either...

was there?

#465146 Jul 23, 2013
who=" Anthony MN"
Um, yeah. The apostles thought that Jesus's return was imminent, well within their lifetimes. And no, the was no "press corp" in Palestine.
Tell me what you know about the dating of the books in the NT.

I know that the supposed 'intellectuals' and the 'know-it-alls' teach that little of the Bible was written for many years after the fact.

I'm not persuaded, because I read Paul's letter to Timothy in which he said:

2Ti 4:13 The cloke that I left at Troas with Carpus, when thou comest, bring with thee, and the books, but especially the parchments.

(1) When you come (to see me)...(hadn't happened yet...)
(2) Bring my cloak and books (that I left there)

Paul would be a strange fellow to write such stuff from his grave!

The Bible characters were not 'cave men'. One O.T. writer speaks of a writing pen of iron with a diamond point.

KayMarie

#465147 Jul 23, 2013
who="RoSesz"
Limbo.

The Catholic teaching on 'limbo' was discontinued/refuted in the recent past. I don't recall just when. There was never any scriptural foundation for that teaching anyway.

KayMarie

#465148 Jul 23, 2013
confrinting with the word wrote:
<quoted text>
~~~
There was no gentile/heathen Roman Catholic church at that time either...
was there?
Old Testament

we Gentiles were ..-->a people that were not a people
Deu_32:21 They have moved me to jealousy with that which is not God; they have provoked me to anger with their vanities: and

-->I will move them to jealousy with those which are not a people; I will provoke them to anger with a foolish nation.

AGAIN

Psa 2:7 I will declare the decree: the LORD hath said unto me, Thou art my Son; this day have I begotten thee.

Psa 2:8 Ask of me, and -->I shall give thee the heathen for thine inheritance, and the uttermost parts of the earth for thy possession.

We gentiles were considered dogs until Jesus died on Calvary's cross..

~~~~~
a people that were not a people...

Mat 15:22 And, behold, a woman of Canaan;GENTILES came out of the same coasts, and cried unto him, saying, Have mercy on me, O Lord, thou Son of David; my daughter is grievously vexed with a devil.

Mat 15:23 But he answered her not a word. And his disciples came and besought him, saying, Send her away; for she crieth after us.

-->JESUS WAS NOT ROMAN CATHOLIC...NEITHER DID HE ESTABLISH GENTILE CHURCH

BEFORE CALVARY..

Mat 15:24 But he answered and said,-->I am not sent but unto the lost sheep of the house of Israel.

Mat 15:25 Then came she and worshipped him, saying, Lord, help me.

Mat 15:26 But he answered and said, It is not meet to take the
children's bread, and to cast it to dogs.

Mat 15:27 And she said, Truth, Lord: yet the dogs eat of the crumbs which fall from their masters' table.

Mat 15:28 Then Jesus answered and said unto her, O woman, great is thy faith: be it unto thee even as thou wilt. And her daughter was made whole from that very hour.

#465149 Jul 23, 2013
who="RoSesz"
I started out posting to Tony seriously as he said something I agreed with..But then he slips in SATAN seed..Now Judas was murdered..And that HE is one of the ELECT of the End Times..who has special knowledge. Oh and something unbiblical about DAVID and Jonathan.
Hard to take him serious ..I actually thought it was a spoof

The 144,000 Elect of the End Times are:

(1)ALL VIRGIN JEWISH MEN.
(2)Firstfruits unto God.
(3)Without guile or fault.

Rev 7:4 And I heard the number of them which were sealed: and there were sealed an hundred and forty and four thousand of all the tribes of the children of Israel.

Rev 14:1 And I looked, and, lo, a Lamb stood on the mount Sion, and with him an hundred forty and four thousand, having his Father's name written in their foreheads.
Rev 14:2 And I heard a voice from heaven, as the voice of many waters, and as the voice of a great thunder: and I heard the voice of harpers harping with their harps:
Rev 14:3 And they sung as it were a new song before the throne, and before the four beasts, and the elders: and no man could learn that song but the hundred and forty and four thousand, which were redeemed from the earth.
Rev 14:4 These are they which were not defiled with women; for they are virgins. These are they which follow the Lamb whithersoever he goeth. These were redeemed from among men, being the firstfruits unto God and to the Lamb.
Rev 14:5 And in their mouth was found no guile: for they are without fault before the throne of God.

KayMarie

“Free gift means FREE”

Since: Jan 09

Chicagoland

#465150 Jul 23, 2013
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
Dom, not one letter of the NT was written for at least 10 years after Christ's Ascension. How was the truth transmitted during that time? Are you arguing that every thing spoken during the 10 years was later recorded? Where does the bible say that? Also, if one is assume that what St. Luke's writes here is what you say it is, it would mean that only what St. Luke writes is the exact truth, we wouldn't need the rest of the NT.
Anthony, not just St Luke writings.

The Bible makes it clear that God, from the very beginning, desired that His normative revelations be written down and preserved for succeeding generations. "Moses then wrote down all the words of the Lord" (Exod. 24:4), and his book was preserved in the Ark (Deut. 31:26). Furthermore, "Joshua made a covenant with the people that day and made statutes and ordinances for them... which he recorded in the book of the law of God" (Josh. 24:25-26) along with Moses'(cf. Josh. 1:7). Likewise, "Samuel next explained to the people the law of royalty and wrote it in a book, which he placed in the presence of the Lord" (1 Sam. 10:25). Isaiah was commanded by the Lord to "take a large cylinder-seal, and inscribe on it in ordinary letters" (Isa. 8:1) and to "inscribe it in a record; that it may be in future days an eternal witness" (30:8). Daniel had a collection of "the books" of Moses and the prophets right down to his contemporary Jeremiah (Dan. 9:2). equip.org

You asked about ...how was the truth transmitted. Answer: Orally(first) and then written(second), which they were identical, one and in the same. Everything that was oral, was also written and verifiable, making the truth trustworthy, because it is recorded and safeguarded.

#465151 Jul 23, 2013
who=" Anthony MN"
Did gif take a vacation? I think you should first worry about your husband's approach, it would do wonders for the discourse here.

See what I mean? Do you think that your smart crack will excuse your unkindness?

I am not my husband's master...nor yours. That was an appeal to ALL of you to follow JESUS.

KayMarie

“Free gift means FREE”

Chicagoland

#465152 Jul 23, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
But still, that says absolutely nothing about Scripture being the ONLY thing deposited about the Ministry of Jesus Christ. Nowhere in scripture does it say it. I know you know it.
A person changes and/or adds to the Word of God when they teach Sola Scripture.
That's quite an accusation, coming from someone who uses a gnostic mentality to revelation, and what I mean by that is, is that you can make up any tradition you want, claim it is a 2000 yr teaching, even though there are no eyewitnesses or recording of such a doctrine early on in the early roots of Christianity.

The Bible makes it clear that God, from the very beginning, desired that His normative revelations be written down and preserved for succeeding generations. "Moses then wrote down all the words of the Lord" (Exod. 24:4), and his book was preserved in the Ark (Deut. 31:26). Furthermore, "Joshua made a covenant with the people that day and made statutes and ordinances for them... which he recorded in the book of the law of God" (Josh. 24:25-26) along with Moses'(cf. Josh. 1:7). Likewise, "Samuel next explained to the people the law of royalty and wrote it in a book, which he placed in the presence of the Lord" (1 Sam. 10:25). Isaiah was commanded by the Lord to "take a large cylinder-seal, and inscribe on it in ordinary letters" (Isa. 8:1) and to "inscribe it in a record; that it may be in future days an eternal witness" (30:8). Daniel had a collection of "the books" of Moses and the prophets right down to his contemporary Jeremiah (Dan. 9:2). equip.org

#465153 Jul 23, 2013
who=" Anthony MN"

I don't think that the Bible specifically speaks of aborted babies, but it does say that GOD HATES THE SHEDDING OF INNOCENT BLOOD.

I don't recall a specific note about their destination...but it's not hard to see, for when David's son died, he said, "He cannot come to me, BUT I CAN GO TO HIM."

KayMarie

#465154 Jul 23, 2013
<quoted text>
Old Testament
we Gentiles were ..-->a people that were not a people
Deu_32:21 They have moved me to jealousy with that which is not God; they have provoked me to anger with their vanities: and
-->I will move them to jealousy with those which are not a people; I will provoke them to anger with a foolish nation.
AGAIN
Psa 2:7 I will declare the decree: the LORD hath said unto me, Thou art my Son; this day have I begotten thee.
Psa 2:8 Ask of me, and -->I shall give thee the heathen for thine inheritance, and the uttermost parts of the earth for thy possession.
We gentiles were considered dogs until Jesus died on Calvary's cross..
~~~~~
a people that were not a people...
Mat 15:22 And, behold, a woman of Canaan;GENTILES came out of the same coasts, and cried unto him, saying, Have mercy on me, O Lord, thou Son of David; my daughter is grievously vexed with a devil.
Mat 15:23 But he answered her not a word. And his disciples came and besought him, saying, Send her away; for she crieth after us.
-->JESUS WAS NOT ROMAN CATHOLIC...NEITHER DID HE ESTABLISH GENTILE CHURCH
BEFORE CALVARY..
Mat 15:24 But he answered and said,-->I am not sent but unto the lost sheep of the house of Israel.
Mat 15:25 Then came she and worshipped him, saying, Lord, help me.
Mat 15:26 But he answered and said, It is not meet to take the
children's bread, and to cast it to dogs.
Mat 15:27 And she said, Truth, Lord: yet the dogs eat of the crumbs which fall from their masters' table.
Mat 15:28 Then Jesus answered and said unto her, O woman, great is thy faith: be it unto thee even as thou wilt. And her daughter was made whole from that very hour.
~~~

WE GENTILES WERE GRAFTED IN...

Rom 11:13 For I speak to you Gentiles, inasmuch as I am the apostle of the Gentiles, I magnify mine office:

Rom 11:14 If by any means I may provoke to emulation them which are my flesh, and might save some of them.

Rom 11:15 For if the casting away of them be the reconciling of the world, what shall the receiving of them be, but life from the dead?

Rom 11:16 For if the firstfruit be holy, the lump is also holy: and if the root be holy, so are the branches.

Rom 11:17 And if some of the branches be broken off, and thou, being a wild olive tree, wert graffed in among them, and with them partakest of the root and fatness of the olive tree;

Rom 11:18 Boast not against the branches. But if thou boast, thou bearest not the root, but the root thee.

Rom 11:19 Thou wilt say then, The branches were broken off, that I might be graffed in.

Rom 11:20 Well; because of unbelief they were broken off, and thou standest by faith. Be not highminded, but fear:

Rom 11:21 For if God spared not the natural branches, take heed lest he also spare not thee.

NOTE..

==>THIS DOES NOT TEACH ETERNAL SECURITY..

Rom 11:22 ==>Behold therefore the goodness and severity of God: on them which fell, severity; but toward thee, goodness, if thou continue in his goodness: otherwise thou also shalt be cut off.<--

Rom 11:23 And they also, if they abide not still in unbelief, shall be graffed in: for God is able to graff them in again.

Rom 11:24 For if thou wert cut out of the olive tree which is wild by nature, and wert graffed contrary to nature into a good olive tree: how much more shall these, which be the natural branches, be graffed into their own olive tree?

“GOD SO LOVED US”

#465155 Jul 23, 2013
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey Rose, did you read what the Catechism says about babies and the unborn who die?
And can you tell me what the bible specifically says about aborted babies?
I formed you in the womb

LET the little children come to me.

Those babies are with HE who formed them

And wanted them close to Him

He has not PUT them somewhere HE is NOT.

Sorry but that is one of the worst things,I was ever taught ..limbo.

I mean it is better than saying they are sent with the devil.
But the idea that our Dear Saviour may reject them from His very presence because they were NOT BAPTIZED.

Sorry ..I just wish you people would at least now skirt the issue .

And one sight Saud some theologian was doing a study to say they are martyrs..so they get around the BAPTISM requirement??

That sure Durant help miscarried babies..or babies born to any one BUT Catholics ..That babies of Jews or Muslims are punished if HE takes them because of t heir parents belief

Do you really think Jesus does NOT WANT ALL OF THE CHILDREN???

And seriously I DO NOT say this to be disrespectful ...as you seem to think .

I just find it so hard to believe you and the CC think these babies ate any place other than with the Saviour .

Albuquerque, NM

#465156 Jul 23, 2013
who="RoSesz"
I started out posting to Tony seriously as he said something I agreed with..But then he slips in SATAN seed..Now Judas was murdered..And that HE is one of the ELECT of the End Times..who has special knowledge. Oh and something unbiblical about DAVID and Jonathan.
Hard to take him serious ..I actually thought it was a spoof
The 144,000 Elect of the End Times are:
(1)ALL VIRGIN JEWISH MEN.
(2)Firstfruits unto God.
(3)Without guile or fault.
Rev 7:4 And I heard the number of them which were sealed: and there were sealed an hundred and forty and four thousand of all the tribes of the children of Israel.
Rev 14:1 And I looked, and, lo, a Lamb stood on the mount Sion, and with him an hundred forty and four thousand, having his Father's name written in their foreheads.
Rev 14:2 And I heard a voice from heaven, as the voice of many waters, and as the voice of a great thunder: and I heard the voice of harpers harping with their harps:
Rev 14:3 And they sung as it were a new song before the throne, and before the four beasts, and the elders: and no man could learn that song but the hundred and forty and four thousand, which were redeemed from the earth.
Rev 14:4 These are they which were not defiled with women; for they are virgins. These are they which follow the Lamb whithersoever he goeth. These were redeemed from among men, being the firstfruits unto God and to the Lamb.
Rev 14:5 And in their mouth was found no guile: for they are without fault before the throne of God.
KayMarie
Cool - you'll be here with me - fighting "Satan". You do know how to fight, right? Shoot a gun? Martial artists? Slingshot, maybe?

If not, you can make the 'warriors' cookies when we get hungry.

“Free gift means FREE”

Chicagoland

#465157 Jul 23, 2013
atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>EXCUSE ME, BUT I BELIEVE IN ETERNAL SECURITY, however that starts at the time of our death.
in this life that we now live in, it is TEMPORAL( enduring for a time only ), NOT ETERNAL.
neither gif/kay or myself would ever insist that Jesus has not the Power to keep us. our problem as humans is to "abide(to endure without yielding ) in Him".
notice that word, "yielding", which indicates that a person can give in to sin and lose their Soul in the process as the husband and wife did by lying to the Holy Ghost.
the "yielded" to the greed and the fact that they didn't wish to actually give their ALL to God and when that happens we falter and stumble, and lose our soul.
NO ONE CAN PLUCK US FROM JESUS EXCEPT OUR SELF
NOW SEE HOW EASY THAT IS TO FIGURE OUT.
Preston, I disagree. First of all, abiding , has to do with fellowship, not justification. Regarding the "soul"/psyche:
For example, the Lord Jesus said, "The Son of Man did not come to be served, but to serve, and to give His life [Gk psyche] a ransom for many" (Matt 20:28). Clearly Jesus Christ did not give up His eternal soul. Do you agree Preston?
As for one being "plucked", not even ourselves can do the plucking, and my line of evidence is this:
King James Bible (Cambridge Ed.)
And I give unto them eternal life; and they shall never perish, neither shall any man pluck them out of my hand. Jn 10:28

Observations: Here we see "never perish"(Just like Jn 11:26), and also "neither shall ANY MAN pluck them out". Any man, would include ourselves. Any means any. Agree?

“GOD SO LOVED US”

#465158 Jul 23, 2013
who=" Anthony MN"
I don't think that the Bible specifically speaks of aborted babies, but it does say that GOD HATES THE SHEDDING OF INNOCENT BLOOD.
I don't recall a specific note about their destination...but it's not hard to see, for when David's son died, he said, "He cannot come to me, BUT I CAN GO TO HIM."
KayMarie
The bible says He formed us in the womb

It also says Suffer the children to cone to HIM

Not someplace without His presence called LIMBO..

Imo
Human Being

Sunset, LA

#465159 Jul 23, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
The very idea that a god would love people who brag that the god loves only them ought to put red flags up in the minds of such believers.
But the endorphins that flood the brain with euphoria when the bible opens to expose those words to the eyes ... blocks out all common sense.
I never allowed those words in a bible to go to my head and in turn to take control over my emotions, as instinctively I believed that if a god existed the god would love all creation, including non-human forms of life.
Religion is NOT good.
June:

Do you think the mind is distinct from the body(brain)? If not, then how do you, or can you explain a conscious decision?

Since: Feb 12

Location hidden

#465160 Jul 23, 2013
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
Again, contrary to your personal opinion and experience, there are Orthodox Christians who believe in the IC. And they aren't considered heretical. And the majority support reunification according to Nicks own poll. You two apparently are in the minority.
it is not our personal opinion it is YOURS...enough ssid...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Where Is the Place for Devout Gay Families in t... (Oct '15) Fri True Christian wi... 49
News Vatican will finance adult stem cell research (Apr '10) Feb 12 Pessimistic1 29
News Prayers To Mother Mary 'Cured Lung Cancer' (Jan '10) Feb 11 Phart Girlishly 323
News Pope sings on CD for charity (Dec '09) Feb 11 Phart Musically 31
News Woman Knocks Over Pope Benedict XVI At Christma... (Dec '09) Feb 11 Phart Athletically 165
News Pope illuminates 'tree' via Tablet (Dec '11) Feb 11 Phart Seasonally 23
News Giant John Paul II statuea (Apr '13) Feb 11 Phart Loudly 41
More from around the web