Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

Full story: CBC News

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.
Comments
448,581 - 448,600 of 539,658 Comments Last updated 10 min ago
Anthony MN

Andover, MN

#464870 Jul 22, 2013
atemcowboy wrote:
John from NJ
Since: May 08
Belle Mead, NJ
Reply »
|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 29, 2008
PAD wrote:
JOHN from New Jersey: Just as the believers in Jesus Christ cause the Jews to be jealous(the Apostle Paul said), I believe we are a thorn in the flesh to people like you who are rooted in a man made organization. OH by the way John, I thought that you were not a Roman Catholic,you said"I view it as my church"the same one Paul WV views as the holy Roman Catholic Church?So basically John you are both Orthodox and Roman Catholic, politically of course you are Orthodox "Catholic" as you put it.But in your heart you are Roman Catholic to the core, as it does fit your Historical and traditional beliefs.Do you attend both churches on a regular basis?Or do you get together with the Orthodox and proudly assert you are the First, but yet go to the Roman Church as well to enjoy their universality? John the first "church" of the Apostles was in Jerusalem, a Jewish replica of the Synagogue,minus the worship of the creation rather than the CREATOR!
I tried to remember the last time I was even in a Roman Catholic Church. I know I was in Paris in the early 1980's and probably went to Notre Dame Cathedral there.
And no, why would you think that the Roman Catholic Church would fit my historical or traditional beliefs? The Church at Rome was part of the Church, so there are some aspects of a shared history, shared traditional beliefs but the word "some" tells you that we don't share all of the same beliefs nor the same history. This is in contrast with, for example, the Church at Alexandria and the Church at Antioch who did share some history has the very same traditional beliefs.
I said early on that I will frustrate Protestants since I am not as "anti-Roman Catholic" as they are and will frustrate Roman Catholics since I don't agree with some of their new and/or changes to the Faith once given.
As for remembering the history and origin of the Church, think of that the next time you hear the organ or piano or more at your church.
Sounds like ole John to me. God bless him.

Since: Jan 08

Location hidden

#464871 Jul 22, 2013
Guest55 wrote:
<quoted text>Well…Clay, you are correct it is a serious issue. Once saved, always saved depends on the conviction of the Holy Spirit as to whether you believe in eternal security without conditions to be met. Too many believe that all that you have to do is go to the altar of some church make a confession and presto you are told you are saved as long as you do this and don’t do that. In that respect you are correct about the need to cooperate with grace and endure till death, because the blood just isn’t sufficient enough and needs the “believers” help to seal the deal so to speak. The problem with that it is work based and gives grounds to boast of your own salvation. As far as osas or eternal security is concerned very few believe it because they believe in a merit based salvation and you can tell by the open hostility you will receive for even mentioning it. I find it interesting that Preston and GIF will come so close to admitting it in some of their post but they just can’t quite do it yet and just want it to go away. I always thought that was strange for a born again Christian to deny.
GIF and I believe in Eternal Security. once saved, stay saved. works for me
Anthony MN

Andover, MN

#464872 Jul 22, 2013
Osas7 wrote:
<quoted text>Doing quite well, and thanks for asking Anthony. Married now, and manage roughly 80 properties. Still pressing deep on theological issues, Church history, etc. Same ol' same ol' as they say :) How are you? How is your business and family,etc?
Congrats Dom, good to know you're doing well. any kids on the way yet? Did I ever tell you my youngest boys name is Dominic? Four kids are out of the house, with one to go. The wife and I celebrated 30 years in January. Business is doing well. I have a second location now, just starting to take off very nicely.

“Free gift means FREE”

Since: Jan 09

Chicagoland

#464873 Jul 22, 2013
atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>that is to bad as all it will do is cause trouble. but to each his own.
congrats on being married
If that is what truth does, then so be it. Btw, thanks for the "congrats".
Anthony MN

Andover, MN

#464874 Jul 22, 2013
Osas7 wrote:
<quoted text>True, however, Anthony attempted a balancing line between being friends with both of them, and only naturally, would Anthony agree with Dust Storm, because they had the same convictions.
Quite right Dom. And we found much common ground.

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

#464875 Jul 22, 2013
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't see it as a tit-for-tat. I'm posting positive and ecumenical statements from respected and orthodox clergy and theologians like Bishop Ware WITHIN the Orthodox communion, you post negative and critical statements from dissidents and heretics that have separated themselves from the Catholic Church.
You're doing the exact opposite of what I'm doing. I'm being in inclusive, you're being divisive.
I am not an ecumenist. Neither is the majority of the Orthodox Church.Posting the opinion of individuals gives the impression that the Church position is pro-ecumenist. You know exactly what you are doing. You are trying to porteay Sera and I as not in line with our Church, Mr Fair and Im Only trying to Teach

Location hidden

#464876 Jul 22, 2013
Osas7 wrote:
<quoted text>If that is what truth does, then so be it. Btw, thanks for the "congrats".
if you and the rest were correct, it would be understandable, but you aren't and never were.

Location hidden

#464877 Jul 22, 2013
DOM< Give me ONE verse that clearly indicates that OSAS is a correct Biblical Doctrine.ONE verse.
Anthony MN

Andover, MN

#464878 Jul 22, 2013
Hermeneutics Smutics wrote:
<quoted text>I am not an ecumenist. Neither is the majority of the Orthodox Church.Posting the opinion of individuals gives the impression that the Church position is pro-ecumenist. You know exactly what you are doing. You are trying to porteay Sera and I as not in line with our Church, Mr Fair and Im Only trying to Teach
John wasn't necessarily an ecumenist either. We stood together when others were attacking and misrepresenting our shared beliefs. He didn't shy away from defending truth. I wish you two were like him.

“Free gift means FREE”

Chicagoland

#464879 Jul 22, 2013
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
Congrats Dom, good to know you're doing well. any kids on the way yet? Did I ever tell you my youngest boys name is Dominic? Four kids are out of the house, with one to go. The wife and I celebrated 30 years in January. Business is doing well. I have a second location now, just starting to take off very nicely.
Thanks Anthony! No kids ...yet, but the Lord knows that outcome. Yes, I do remember you telling me about your son having the same name as mine. Good name, which means, belonging to the Lord :) Second location? Best of blessings to you in that. 30 years? Wowzers, good stuff, good stuff. Marriage is a beautiful thing.

Location hidden

#464880 Jul 22, 2013
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
John and I (and other Catholics) went toe-to-toe countless times against those who would misrepresent the teachings of our Churches. It was almost always the result of sacrilege against the sacraments, or an insult directed at the Church fathers. We agreed early on that we would focus on the faith we share which is nearly the same and avoid the disagreements which were few. He found great support from us who will defend the sanctity of the Orthodox sacraments as we do our own. Sadly, I believe your personal grudge against us is too much for you to overcome.
You mischaracterize the Ortho Church and our teachings to try to blend with Catholicism.Ecumenism tries to move more and more to the middle.The Catholic Church wants it all. We are not going to the middle.Our beliefs will stand firm.I dont want to blend. I can love and respect other Churches and do good work with them. You go ahead and neutralize yours. You preach unity and then your actions here attack. I preach everyone does not have to be Orthodox and respect people here.You are not for unity.Not only do you want us to unify with the Caths and blend our beliefs. You actually are changing our beliefs now in how you post them.Go practice your faith and dont worry about educating everyone about mine.

“Free gift means FREE”

Chicagoland

#464881 Jul 22, 2013
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
Quite right Dom. And we found much common ground.
You did, but I still stand firm that your two churches(respectively), did/do have many differences as well. I suppose, Lord willing, time permitting, if the issue arises, that I would present that case here. I'm so busy these days, it's amazing I'm even on here tonight.

“Let the Children”

Since: Aug 08

Come To Me

#464882 Jul 22, 2013
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
Stop it Rose. Stop the mischaracterization and innuendo. This link CLEARLY talks about miscarriage. And this is the Church's teaching on unbaptized babies who die:
"The Catholic Church entrusts all children (from the moment of conception) who die without baptism to God’s mercy in hope of their salvation. There is no distinction between children already born and those still in the womb. "Indeed, the great mercy of God who desires that all men should be saved, and Jesus’ tenderness toward children which caused him to say:‘Let the children come to me, do not hinder them,’ allow us to hope that there is a way of salvation for children who have died without Baptism" (CCC 1261).
It was the link I found on unbaptized babies ..And aborted babies...And miscarried babies
Which was the original subject

I was making the point that posters,on this forum will not say they are with Jesus,..
Another link was saying a study was equating the aborted with the INNOCENTS killed for Jesus sake.

My original point was to ask Herm what HIS church teaches. And was LIMBO part of their teaching

Every Catholic poster has directed me to Catholic teaching so I looked by googling.

If YOU have a cleare answer please tell me ..seriously

I am o only going by past posts from Catholics and the sites,I find

So where do preborn and born infants go when they die..????

If you don't like my link ..what is the answer

“Free gift means FREE”

Chicagoland

#464883 Jul 22, 2013
atemcowboy wrote:
DOM< Give me ONE verse that clearly indicates that OSAS is a correct Biblical Doctrine.ONE verse.
I believe Jn 11:26 is a good one. Jesus, says "never die", which obviously is not a reference to our "physical" lives, because everyone physically passes from this place.

When I look at Jn 5:24, and the present tense possession(has/hath), which means once a person trusts onto Jesus for salvation, they currently possess "eternal" life. Then, when I look at Jn 11:26, Jesus says "never die".

Location hidden

#464884 Jul 22, 2013
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
John and I (and other Catholics) went toe-to-toe countless times against those who would misrepresent the teachings of our Churches. It was almost always the result of sacrilege against the sacraments, or an insult directed at the Church fathers. We agreed early on that we would focus on the faith we share which is nearly the same and avoid the disagreements which were few. He found great support from us who will defend the sanctity of the Orthodox sacraments as we do our own. Sadly, I believe your personal grudge against us is too much for you to overcome.
Our Churches are different.The theology is different.I believe that the Catholics here are dishonest, vindictive, obsessive,arrogant, deceitful, and more. I learned this by their actions and learned this a little late about you.But I wont forget. Your arguments are weak. Because you and John agreed on this or that that proves my wife and I are not true Orthodox and just dont like you.So if I talk to a man named Harry, Catholic, then he represents the Church and whatever you say differently makes you nonCatholic. Please just focus on your faith. I am wasting a lot of time trying to undo the damage you are trying to cause the Orthodox Church

Location hidden

#464885 Jul 22, 2013
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
John wasn't necessarily an ecumenist either. We stood together when others were attacking and misrepresenting our shared beliefs. He didn't shy away from defending truth. I wish you two were like him.
Sadly I am an individual. I know you and your Church would like to mold me into a Pro-Union Catholic but I have studied and learned the game.It will not work with me or anyone who checks out what is said before they sign on.
Anthony MN

Andover, MN

#464886 Jul 22, 2013
Osas7 wrote:
<quoted text>Thanks Anthony! No kids ...yet, but the Lord knows that outcome. Yes, I do remember you telling me about your son having the same name as mine. Good name, which means, belonging to the Lord :) Second location? Best of blessings to you in that. 30 years? Wowzers, good stuff, good stuff. Marriage is a beautiful thing.
It sure is. Kids change everything, enjoy the quiet with your girl now while you can...lol.

Location hidden

#464887 Jul 22, 2013
I don't want anyone to think that John and I didn't go at it tooth and nail, and he did lie about the relics, he didn't even know what they were.lol

christian rabbi

San Francisco, CA

Reply »

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 4, 2008

Judged:

John from NJ wrote:

<quoted text>
Since you made up the lie, every time you say that I lied only tells me that you don't know the truth from a falsehood. Heaven help those to whom you preach.
give it a break, you are a liar and we proved it.

relics is not in the verse you quoted wrong. Is it?

you are as bad as nita, not to mention as evil as cenedra

Since: Feb 12

Location hidden

#464888 Jul 22, 2013
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
He likes the Orthodox too. Yeah, I'll keep posting friendly and ecumenical statements from respected Orthodox and defend our sacraments, you two can keep posting criticisms from dissident ex-Catholics and ignore the sacrilege . At least the protestants will still like you.
Jealous? You post trash all you want if it makes you happy.Friendly...right lol

Location hidden

#464889 Jul 22, 2013
Osas7 wrote:
<quoted text>I believe Jn 11:26 is a good one. Jesus, says "never die", which obviously is not a reference to our "physical" lives, because everyone physically passes from this place.
When I look at Jn 5:24, and the present tense possession(has/hath), which means once a person trusts onto Jesus for salvation, they currently possess "eternal" life. Then, when I look at Jn 11:26, Jesus says "never die".
john 11:26 is not proof of OSAS. Jesus is only asking them a question.

john 5;24 is a good verse, however it doesn't take into consideration of a person leaving Jesus, does it?

I asked for a verse that proves positively about OSAS being Biblical correct.

cant you do better than that?

cant you see that it is impossible to prove something that isn't true.lol

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Vatican nuncio criticizes Castro regime in Cuba 49 min WE JUST DONT CARE 12
Christian leaders call for end to US strikes in... 23 hr James 6
Catholic archbishop in Cuba criticizes government 23 hr L I G E R 49 7
St. Peter's overflows for historic day of 4 popes Aug 30 ELIAS IBARRA 47
United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) Aug 28 Maverick 8,274
Filipino Catholics hails new saints Aug 28 ELIAS IBARRA 45
Agenda for Pope's apostolic visit to Sri Lanka ... Aug 27 Ponniah 1
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••

Pope Benedict XVI People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••