Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 670351 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 53:1.--6 "MATT 10:27"

#465120 Jul 23, 2013
who="Anthony MN"
Dom, not one letter of the NT was written for at least 10 years after Christ's Ascension. How was the truth transmitted during that time? Are you arguing that every thing spoken during the 10 years was later recorded? Where does the bible say that? Also, if one is assume that what St. Luke's writes here is what you say it is, it would mean that only what St. Luke writes is the exact truth, we wouldn't need the rest of the NT.

Surely you don't believe that people SAW a man raised from the dead, but they waited ten years to write it down???

KayMarie

“GOD SO LOVED US”

Since: Aug 08

He Gave His SON,JESUS Christ

#465121 Jul 23, 2013
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
Her paw-paw started this thread..I am only responding to what is posted...
Who cares..She is a child typing on a phone!!!!!

AND SHARING A GREAT TESTIMONY with other KIDS.

the words and sentiment are MUCH MORE IMPORTANT than spelling

Since: Feb 12

Location hidden

#465122 Jul 23, 2013
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually your leaders are having discussions with us about the role of the Bishop of Rome. They don't want us to ditch the pope. They are in agreement that the issue of the Filioque is based on a misunderstanding of the language. Many Orthodox believe in the Immaculate Conception and it's not considered heresy to do so. Yeah, don't you just hate it?
I know of NO orthodox that believe in the Immaculate Conception and the Filiogue was more than just"a misunderstanding of the language".

#465123 Jul 23, 2013
New Age Spiritual Leader wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually GiF, I am quite aware of what you are post.
You post everything in opposite of what Jesus taught, because you trust men and not Jesus.
When you can use honesty to post, then I will begin to think you are trying.
Right now, uh-uh, all you continue to post is things that you are clueless on.
YOU WROTE

"all you continue to post is things that you are clueless on."

IF YOU NEVER MEET THE AUTHOR AND FINISHER OF THE REAL FAITH ,,

UNTIL YOU STAND BEFORE HIM IN JUDGMENT DAY...

ONLY THEN YOU WILL GET A RUDE AWAKENING/REVELATION OF THE TRUTH.

MAY GOD HAVE MERCY UPON YOUR SOUL...

DNF

“Judge less, Love more”

Since: Apr 07

Born in Newark Ohio

#465125 Jul 23, 2013
confrinting with the word wrote:
who="DNF"great post. Now can you show me the Bible verses that give you the GET OUT OF JAIL FREE card for they way you treat people like me (gays and lesbians) when it comes to Luke 10:25-37 (The parable of the good Samaritan) and Matt. 25-31-46
DNF Many people fail to get the message that GOD LOVES SINNERS, BUT GOD HATES SIN.(We are to be like Him.) People often treat the sinner unkindly, without realizing that GOD IS NOT WILLING THAT ANY SHOULD PERISH. Nothing but love can bring people to Christ, so we need to show love to all PEOPLE.
I pray that you can get the truth that you were not born into such a way of living, and it is against God's plan for you. Did you know that LGBT practices cause a highly multiplied incidence of oral and anal cancers?(Google it.)
God will help you.
KayMarie
He already has. And soon, if you behave, HE will come to you as well.

Good luck with finding that get out of jail free card with Matt. 25-31-46.

Titus 3:9-11
9 But avoid foolish questions, and genealogies, and contentions, and strivings about the law; for they are unprofitable and vain.

10 A man that is an heretick after the first and second admonition reject;

11 Knowing that he that is such is subverted, and sinneth, being condemned of himself.

#465126 Jul 23, 2013
who="RoSesz"
Ya know I went to that site and if you read their faith statement
They sound like they believe the bible.
I really only skimmed it..But if this Tony is an example...
They are WAY off from ANY teaching I've known that he brings up.
It's like opposite bible time.

Murray reads from the Bible a lot, so one has to listen carefully for a while to see where he slips in some 'funny/strange' stuff.

KM

“GOD SO LOVED US”

#465127 Jul 23, 2013
LTM wrote:
With all the religions, with all the rituals and other religious practices.
Remove all that muck, "GOD IS"
Its like we were given a perfect tasty cake, and someone decided to add to this perfect cake to make it taste better, it didn't quite turn out so someone else add something else, and so on.
Before long this perfect wonderful tasting cake, became nothing but a goy mess.
Such as we have today with all the religions in the world.
Psalm 46:10 "Be still Know I am God,
I will be exalted among the nations,
I will be exalt in the earth.
11 "the LORD of Host is with us;
The GOD of Jacob is with us.
All these religions were not and are not in GOD'S plan.
God is not a GOD of confusion, religions are confusing. June is a clear example of that.
We need to come back to our first love, push all the idea man thinks salvation is and grab a hold of what Salvation real is.
We obtain Salvation only through faith, in a never failing God who made away for us humans to go to Him as He planned in the Garden of Eden.
The only thing we have and should be boosting about is in Christ Jesus, and the works that He did to save our sinful sorry souls.
Put your eyes upon Jesus, get it off of man and their man made religious believes.
'BECAUSE WHEN IT IS ALL SAID AND DONE IT IS ; ALWAYS HAS BEEN ABOUT JESUS THE CHRIST; THE ONLY SON OF THE TRUE LIVING GOD.'
DON'T GIVE ME YOUR RELIGIOUS BELIEFS GIVE ME JESUS.
TELL ME ABOUT JESUS, I DON'T CARE ABOUT ALL YOUR RELIGIOUS GUCK.
JESUS IS OUR PERFECT GIFT; YOU DON'T NEED TO ADD A THING, YOU CAN NOT IMPROVE ON ANYTHING HE IS OR HAS DONE.
JUST COME AS YOUR ARE BEFORE GODS THRONE LAY YOUR BURDENS DOWN JUST TRUST HIM.
HE WILL DO THE REST, ITS THAT SIMPLE JUST PLACE YOURSELF IN THE HANDS OF YOUR GOD AFTER ALL HE CREATED YOU AND UNDERSTANDS YOU LIKE NO ONE ELSE.
GOD DOESN'T CARE ABOUT YOUR PASSED; ITS YOUR FUTURE THAT IS IMPORTANT TO HIM.
GOD WANTS YOU TO SPEND IT WITH HIM.
GREAT post..LTM

“What are you looking at?”

Since: Jan 08

Albuquerque, NM

#465128 Jul 23, 2013
atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>Dom lived in Texas and then moved back to Chicago and back to texas.
Sounds like his moving from place to place is like his posting - all over the place.

:o)

Albuquerque, NM

#465129 Jul 23, 2013
Surely you don't believe that people SAW a man raised from the dead, but they waited ten years to write it down???
KayMarie
Correction - they didn't wait ten years, but in many cases, it was 50 to 80 years.

Why do you believe the texts were written within 10 years?

If you do, then you are quite "uninformed".
OldJG

Rockford, IL

#465130 Jul 23, 2013
OldJG wrote:
Jude 1:24 says it all to those who do not believe in "Eternal Security".
Jude 1:24, "Now all glory to God, who is able to keep you from falling away and will bring you with great joy into his glorious presence without a single fault."
Glory to God because.....
1. He will keep you from falling away
2. He will bring you with great joy into his glorious presence.
3. Without a single fault
HALLELUJAH!!! Thank you Jesus.
atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>EXCUSE ME, BUT I BELIEVE IN ETERNAL SECURITY, however that starts at the time of our death.
in this life that we now live in, it is TEMPORAL( enduring for a time only ), NOT ETERNAL.
neither gif/kay or myself would ever insist that Jesus has not the Power to keep us. our problem as humans is to "abide(to endure without yielding ) in Him".
notice that word, "yielding", which indicates that a person can give in to sin and lose their Soul in the process as the husband and wife did by lying to the Holy Ghost.
the "yielded" to the greed and the fact that they didn't wish to actually give their ALL to God and when that happens we falter and stumble, and lose our soul.
NO ONE CAN PLUCK US FROM JESUS EXCEPT OUR SELF
NOW SEE HOW EASY THAT IS TO FIGURE OUT.
If you are a former pastor you led many astray.

Ever heard the expression 'IN CHRIST'? When you receive Jesus Christ as Lord and Savior we are "IN CHRIST".

You said, quote, "NO ONE CAN PLUCK US FROM JESUS EXCEPT OUR SELF
NOW SEE HOW EASY THAT IS TO FIGURE OUT." End quote.

Who put you in Jesus hand? Jesus, when you first believed. You did not save yourself did you? Did you teach your congregation they saved themselves? That being said, who can remove you from Jesus hand? Jesus. Salvation is a free gift and not something we can earn. Salvation is a gift we receive by His grace through faith. Remember Ephesians 2:8-9, 8 "For by grace you have been saved through faith. And this is not your own doing; it is the gift of God, 9 not a result of works, so that no one may boast."

Will Jesus remove you from His hand once you have become His child? No. If you believe differently provide Scripture of any person being saved and then lost. I mean truly saved. It is certainly not Judas and not Demas. Neither of these was truly saved. Provide Scripture which describes Jesus withdrawing the salvation He died to provide to anyone who came to Him in faith.

You did not save yourself and you cannot lose yourself.

#465131 Jul 23, 2013
Could I appeal to ALL of you to be more friendly (Christ-like) in your postings?

Discussing different Bible topics and/or churches is NOT discussing personalities. Debating the issues is something that we SHOULD do, but when we get offended because of our beliefs, and attempt to get revenge, we are defeating our purpose...and we are defeating HIS purpose. He said, "I came into the world to SAVE SINNERS." When HE got through preaching, hearts were changed, lives were changed...and His converts then went out to preach that same gospel to the world.

Do we want to bring people to Jesus, or do we wish to prove that "WE" are 'right'?

Be blessed, and learn of HIM...

KayMarie
Anthony MN

United States

#465132 Jul 23, 2013
who="Anthony MN"
Dom, not one letter of the NT was written for at least 10 years after Christ's Ascension. How was the truth transmitted during that time? Are you arguing that every thing spoken during the 10 years was later recorded? Where does the bible say that? Also, if one is assume that what St. Luke's writes here is what you say it is, it would mean that only what St. Luke writes is the exact truth, we wouldn't need the rest of the NT.
KayMarie
Um, yeah. The apostles thought that Jesus's return was imminent, well within their lifetimes. And no, the was no "press corp" in Palestine.

Tell me what you know about the dating of the books in the NT.

“GOD SO LOVED US”

#465133 Jul 23, 2013
New Age Spiritual Leader wrote:
<quoted text>
You are teh one who brought it up.
What now, do you just want to pass the buck?
You so-called "Christians" tend to do this alot. Make a claim that sounds so wonderful when you speak it, but when confronted with it, you back off, turn it around to someone else, or more often divert totally from the claim you made.
If you think babies go somewhere else than "heaven" then just say it. How you know that babies do or don't, and then use a text written by a man to come to your conclusion is not very good sense either.
Maybe you should ask "God".
But you do bring in a good point. NO RELIGION is required for salvation. Not yours, not the Catholics, not the Jews, not the Muslims, not anyone.
Self.
Yes ..are you a Catholic..if so the question STILL is DO babies..born and unborn go to be with JESUS or some other place ..as I was taught.

Limbo.

There are sights about GODS mercy ..We hope this...

But not one Catholic Cathplicwill answer.

And I think you are just instigating IMO..

BUT if you a 're a Catholic ..where do they go.
Anthony MN

United States

#465134 Jul 23, 2013
Seraphima wrote:
<quoted text>its been more than a few years Anthony and long enough to get the consensus of what most orthodox in the three churches plus two monastery that Nick and I attend and support.Apples and oranges and throw in a banana and we have a fruit salad!
Again, contrary to your personal opinion and experience, there are Orthodox Christians who believe in the IC. And they aren't considered heretical. And the majority support reunification according to Nicks own poll. You two apparently are in the minority.
Anthony MN

United States

#465135 Jul 23, 2013
Seraphima wrote:
<quoted text>I know of NO orthodox that believe in the Immaculate Conception and the Filiogue was more than just"a misunderstanding of the language".
The word "proceeds" is the issue. Both agree that the Holy Spirit originates with the Father.

“GOD SO LOVED US”

#465136 Jul 23, 2013
who="RoSesz"
Ya know I went to that site and if you read their faith statement
They sound like they believe the bible.
I really only skimmed it..But if this Tony is an example...
They are WAY off from ANY teaching I've known that he brings up.
It's like opposite bible time.
Murray reads from the Bible a lot, so one has to listen carefully for a while to see where he slips in some 'funny/strange' stuff.
KM
I started out posting to Tony seriously as he said something I agreed with..But then he slips in SATAN seed..Now Judas was murdered..And that HE is one of the ELECT of the End Times..who has special knowledge. Oh and something unbiblical about DAVID and Jonathan.

Hard to take him serious ..I actually thought it was a spoof

Albuquerque, NM

#465137 Jul 23, 2013
Could I appeal to ALL of you to be more friendly (Christ-like) in your postings?
Discussing different Bible topics and/or churches is NOT discussing personalities. Debating the issues is something that we SHOULD do, but when we get offended because of our beliefs, and attempt to get revenge, we are defeating our purpose...and we are defeating HIS purpose. He said, "I came into the world to SAVE SINNERS." When HE got through preaching, hearts were changed, lives were changed...and His converts then went out to preach that same gospel to the world.
Do we want to bring people to Jesus, or do we wish to prove that "WE" are 'right'?
KayMarie
One will need to believe in a complete Jesus to even speak as you have.

In which you don't, so you don't really get to promote these, huh?

Why don't you believe Jesus?
Anthony MN

United States

#465138 Jul 23, 2013
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
Who cares..She is a child typing on a phone!!!!!
AND SHARING A GREAT TESTIMONY with other KIDS.
the words and sentiment are MUCH MORE IMPORTANT than spelling
Hey Rose, did you read what the Catechism says about babies and the unborn who die?

And can you tell me what the bible specifically says about aborted babies?
Anthony MN

United States

#465139 Jul 23, 2013
KayMarie
Did gif take a vacation? I think you should first worry about your husband's approach, it would do wonders for the discourse here.

#465140 Jul 23, 2013
OldJG wrote:
Jude 1:24 says it all to those who do not believe in "Eternal Security".
Jude 1:24, "Now all glory to God, who is able to keep you from falling away and will bring you with great joy into his glorious presence without a single fault."
Glory to God because.....
1. He will keep you from falling away
2. He will bring you with great joy into his glorious presence.
3. Without a single fault
HALLELUJAH!!! Thank you Jesus.

~~~

So you believe as some teach...

That if you are a Christian and are in the bosom of a whore, are setting in a bar drunk ,,,

That if at that time... Jesus comes to catch away his bride that you will qualify as a part of the bride of Christ...

Question..

How do you explain away this verse

2Co 11:2 For I am jealous over you with godly jealousy: for I have espoused you to one husband, that I may present you as a chaste virgin to Christ.

2Co 11:3 But I fear, lest by any means, as the serpent beguiled Eve through his subtilty, so your minds should be corrupted from the simplicity that is in Christ.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Pope discusses climate, immigrants in historic ... (Sep '15) 18 hr WelbyMD 47
News Where Is the Place for Devout Gay Families in t... (Oct '15) Feb 17 True Christian wi... 49
News Vatican will finance adult stem cell research (Apr '10) Feb 12 Pessimistic1 29
News Prayers To Mother Mary 'Cured Lung Cancer' (Jan '10) Feb 11 Phart Girlishly 323
News Pope sings on CD for charity (Dec '09) Feb 11 Phart Musically 31
News Woman Knocks Over Pope Benedict XVI At Christma... (Dec '09) Feb 11 Phart Athletically 165
News Pope illuminates 'tree' via Tablet (Dec '11) Feb 11 Phart Seasonally 23
More from around the web