Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 701720 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

#465026 Jul 23, 2013
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
Uh oh, the dreaded poll....wait....it's seems from this poll that most of the Orthodox DO WANT REUNIFICATION, albeit on their terms. But that's not what Hermi and Sera want. I may take a long time for the laity to accept it, but then again, we've been dividied for a thousand year, what's a few generations in the whole scheme of things....
In case you dont get it until its too late for you. Read it again. They want you to ditch your Pope and dogma that differs from them and become Orthodox. Then they will unite. LOL
In other words convert to the Orthodox Church. Join the Orthodox Church.The position of the Orthodox does not get any clearer than that. nd you pulled another Catholic "confuse them with words".They tell you take a hike and you say oh wait a few generations it will happen.This has been the Catholic game. Bend the Truth. Twist it.

“What are you looking at?”

Since: Jan 08

Albuquerque, NM

#465027 Jul 23, 2013
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh for heaven sake. What is,wrong with you ..She is a child typing on a,phone.
She forgot a cap ..You think God looks at that in comparison to a,public testimony .
Sometimes,I have no idea what you are aiming at OX.
All this,stuff about who GOD is .or is Jesus,God ..or is,God ..God almighty.
Makes ,me dizzy ..
Lay off the kid
We all know,
We all know, what?

How to be saved? What it takes to be saved? The RCC saves?
IO can be honest enough to say, I don't know, and I'm not part of your we in many regards, as I can understand that many of you don't know.

So what do "we all know"?

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

#465028 Jul 23, 2013
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
"I'd start walking your way
You'd start walking mine
We'd meet in the middle
'Neath that old Georgia pine
We'd gain a lot of ground
'Cause we'd both give a little
And their ain't no road to long
When you meet in the middle ..."
c'mon Herm, how 'bout a nice glass of ouzo?
Kato Spiti.

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 53:1.--6 "MATT 10:27"

#465029 Jul 23, 2013
DID YOU ROMAN CATHOLICS SAY THE SAM THING ABOUT THE BIBLE

THAT NANCY PELOSI SAID ABOUT OBAMA CARE...

"LETS PASS IT AN THEN WE WILL FIND OUT WHAT IT SAYS?

DID YOU CANONIZE IT AND THEN READ IT?

WHY DO YOU NOT FOLLOW WHAT YOU ORIGINALLY CLAIMED TO BE TRUTH..

You either lied then or you are lying now,

WHICH ONE IS IT?

YOU CANT HAVE IT BOTH WAYS.
endtimes

AOL

#465030 Jul 23, 2013

100% PROOF Pope Francis is ANTICHRIST _____

“What are you looking at?”

Since: Jan 08

Albuquerque, NM

#465031 Jul 23, 2013
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
Stop it Rose. Stop the mischaracterization and innuendo. This link CLEARLY talks about miscarriage. And this is the Church's teaching on unbaptized babies who die:
"The Catholic Church entrusts all children (from the moment of conception) who die without baptism to God’s mercy in hope of their salvation. There is no distinction between children already born and those still in the womb. "Indeed, the great mercy of God who desires that all men should be saved, and Jesus’ tenderness toward children which caused him to say:‘Let the children come to me, do not hinder them,’ allow us to hope that there is a way of salvation for children who have died without Baptism" (CCC 1261).
Hope!

Faith!

Yep, they don't know either.....just like Rose, and every other person on this planet.

The silliness of belief, when you can do all of this on your own.

Since the RCC only "hopes", how does this make the claim of "true church" be accurate?

“Free gift means FREE”

Since: Jan 09

Chicagoland

#465032 Jul 23, 2013
1 Esdras
3 Maccabees
4 Maccabees
Psalm 151

(Accepted by Greek Orthodox, and rejected by Rome)

http://www.bible.ca/b-canon-orthodox-catholic...
http://www.bible-researcher.com/canon4.html
http://www.bible-researcher.com/canon2.html

Comparison Chart of the Historically Held Biblical Canons
http://www.bombaxo.com/blog/...
Clay

Garden City, MI

#465033 Jul 23, 2013
confrinting with the word wrote:
<quoted text>
~~~~
YOU ROMAN CATHOLIC INFIDELS NEVER CEASE TO AMAZE ME...
1. YOU CLAIM TO HAVE CANONIZED THE BIBLE.
2. YOU GO ABOUT TO DISCLAIM WHAT YOU SAY YOU HAVE CANONIZED.
3. YOU REFUSE TO ADHERE TO WHAT YOU CLAIM TO HAVE CANONIZED.
4. YOU REPLACE WHAT YOU HAVE CANONIZED WITH A CATECHISM.
5. THEN YOU GO ABOUT UN-CHRISTIANIZING THOSE THAT ATTEMPT TO FOLLOW
WHAT YOU CLAIM TO BE THE BIBLE THAT YOU CANONIZED.
EITHER WAY YOU HAVE LOST ALL CREDIBILITY OR CLAIM TO ANY THING YOU HAVE TO PRESENT TO THE WORLD AS TRUTH...
IF THE BIBLE IS NOT THE WORD OF GOD ...THEN YOU ARE GUILTY OF LYING ON GOD.
QUESTION..
NOW WHICH ONE IS TRUTH...
THE BIBLE THAT YOU SAY IS A LIE...
OR THE CATECHISM..WHICH EVIDENTLY CONTRADICTS THE BIBLE ...BECAUSE
WHAT YOU CATECHISM TEACHES IS DIFFERENT FROM WHAT THE BIBLE TEACHES.
ANY WAY YOU SLICE IT
THE ROMAN CATHOLIC CHURCH IS RESPONSIBLE FOR WORLD WIDE CONFUSION.
CONCERNING WHAT IS TRUTH..
Joh_18:38 Pilate saith unto him, What is truth?....
YOU HAVE THE WORLD IN THE SAME QUANDARY THAT PILATE WAS...
WHAT IS TRUTH?
Don't divert from the huge dilemma. You guys are not brought to Biblical truth and its proven.

Try reading the Bible and understandings it like the first Christians- who had the luxury of hearing the Word of God from the mouths of the Apostles.

Unfortunately, you'll discover that they sound really Catholic. That truth causes you to submit to ignorance so you can carry on, pretending to be an authority on sacred scripture.
June VanDerMark

Since: Sep 09

Willow River, Canada

#465034 Jul 23, 2013
I wonder ... as Billy Graham comes closer to his death if he is at all sorry for his decades of preaching that only Christians could attain salvation???

He now preaches that people don't have to be Christian to be accepted into heaven.

What an arrogant S.O.B. he was and IS.

Instead of admitting "I didn't know then, and I don't know now if a god exists, but I hope he does" ... he contradicts his own earlier preaching and pretends that his new REVELATION is based on truth.

That (in my opinion) is as low as it gets.

He could do a good thing for humanity and claim that he never did know if a god exists ... but he won't go THAT far, as from my perception he is afraid to lose his own belief in his own salvation.

Since: Feb 12

Location hidden

#465035 Jul 23, 2013
Hermeneutics Smutics wrote:
<quoted text>In case you dont get it until its too late for you. Read it again. They want you to ditch your Pope and dogma that differs from them and become Orthodox. Then they will unite. LOL
In other words convert to the Orthodox Church. Join the Orthodox Church.The position of the Orthodox does not get any clearer than that. nd you pulled another Catholic "confuse them with words".They tell you take a hike and you say oh wait a few generations it will happen.This has been the Catholic game. Bend the Truth. Twist it.
Your kidden me! I got that from the second I read it...yes the two churches are willing to reunite. Become Orthodox and it will happen..lol

“Free gift means FREE”

Chicagoland

#465036 Jul 23, 2013
J.N.D. Kelly notes:

“Tertullian, however, repudiated the suggestion, finding the opening of her womb prophesied in Exodus 13, 2, and Origen followed him and argued that she had needed the purification prescribed by the Law…Irenaeus and Tertullian recalled occasions on which, as they read the gospel stories, she had earned her Son’s rebuke, and Origen insisted that, like all human beings, she needed redemption from her sins; in particular, he interpreted Simeon’s prophecy (Luke 2, 35) that a sword would pierce her soul as confirming that she had been invaded with doubts when she saw her Son crucified…On the other hand, almost all Eastern theologians, so far from acknowledging her spiritual and moral perfection, followed Origen in finding her guilty of human frailties…Only in Syria, where Marian devotion was particularly fervid, do we find Ephraem delineating her as free from every stain, like her Son…But he [Hilary] still regarded the birth as a natural one; he also took it for granted that Mary would have to face God’s judgment for her sins…On the other hand, he [Augustine] did not hold (as has sometimes been alleged) that she was born exempt from all taint of original sin (the later doctrine of the immaculate conception)…After Ephesus, admittedly, her divine maternity and perpetual virginity seem to have been accepted without question in East and West; but the old doubts about her sinlessness and moral perfection continued to be widely held.”
–J.N.D. Kelly, Early Christian Doctrines, rev. ed.(Peabody, MA: Prince Press, reprinted 2003), p.493, 495-498.
Clay

Garden City, MI

#465037 Jul 23, 2013
WHICH ONE IS IT?
You do not follow the New Testament, Confrint. Look up in your Bible and find where and what, Christ says is the NT.
Hint: The NT is a Sacrament that you do not acknowledge.
Christ said, "Do this in memory of me"..He did not say 'write this in memory of me'.

“Free gift means FREE”

Chicagoland

#465038 Jul 23, 2013
Augustine...rejected the idea that ‘the power of the keys’ had been entrusted to Peter alone. His primacy was simply a matter of personal privilege and not an office. Similarly, he never reproached the Donatists for not being in communion with Rome, but with lack of communion with the apostolic Sees as a whole. His view of Church government was that less important questions should be settled by provincial councils, greater matters at general councils (W.H.C. Frend, The Early Church (Philadelphia: Fortress, 1965), p. 222).

Before his passion the Lord Jesus, as you know, chose those disciples of his, whom he called apostles. Among these it was only Peter who almost everywhere was given the privilege of representing the whole Church. It was in the person of the whole Church, which he alone represented, that he was privileged to hear,‘To you will I give the keys of the kingdom of heaven’(Mt 16:19). After all, IT ISN'T JUST ONE MAN that RECEIVED THESE KEYS, but the Church in its unity. So this is the reason for Peter’s acknowledged pre–eminence, that he stood for the Church’s universality and unity, when he was told,‘To you I am entrusting,’ what has in fact been ENTRUSTED TO ALL.
I mean, to show you that it is the Church which has received the keys of the kingdom of heaven, listen to what the Lord says in another place to ALL HIS APOSTLES:‘Receive the Holy Spirit;’ and straightway,‘Whose sins you forgive, they will be forgiven them; whose sins you retain, they will be retained’(Jn 20:22-23). This refers to the keys, about which it is said,‘whatever you loose on earth shall be loosed in heaven, and whatever you bind on earth shall be bound in heaven’(Mt 16:19). But that was said to Peter. To show you that Peter at that time stood for the universal Church, listen to what is said to him, what is said TO ALL the faithful, THE SAINTS:‘If your brother sins against you, correct him between you and himself alone’(John Rotelle, Ed., The Works of Saint Augustine (Hyde Park: New City, 1994), Sermons, III/8 (273-305A), On the Saints, Sermon 295.1-3, pp. 197-198).
June VanDerMark

Willow River, Canada

#465039 Jul 23, 2013
WHICH ONE IS IT?
You and Billy Graham with your same bible preach different conclusions on behalf of the same god ... and yet you learn NOTHING.

One day you might be sitting in Billy Graham's chair muttering to your self "Why DID I preach that only Christians (Protestants)could be saved by GOD ... when I really didn't know what the hell I was talking about???"
truth

Perth, Australia

#465040 Jul 23, 2013
she is alive as she is still alive..

Did you know her?
June VanDerMark

Willow River, Canada

#465041 Jul 23, 2013
We will never know how many families have been spit asunder by religion.

Even today, as Christian missionaries go to foreign countries to steal members of families for their own cults, it breaks those families asunder.

How tragic that what should unite people continually divides ... and yet preachers of religion continually become euphoric by bragging that they own god's one and only truth and ALL of god's love for their selves.

It seems there is no cure for such stupidity.
truth

Perth, Australia

#465042 Jul 23, 2013
its written
we believe in unity all churches and saints and marty
angels and archangels

Is this world united or not?

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 53:1.--6 "MATT 10:27"

#465043 Jul 23, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
You do not follow the New Testament, Confrint. Look up in your Bible and find where and what, Christ says is the NT.
Hint: The NT is a Sacrament that you do not acknowledge.
Christ said, "Do this in memory of me"..He did not say 'write this in memory of me'.
~~~~

My wife and I have given over 13000 post on this forum that is at least 95% Bible...

between the two of us we have over 100 years of Bible study...

If you do not believe God's word you a an infidel...

if you ignore it and write your own you are bound for hell.
truth

Perth, Australia

#465044 Jul 23, 2013
read
Jesus remember his tears.

“Free gift means FREE”

Chicagoland

#465045 Jul 23, 2013
Clement of Alexandria wrote,

“For it is not now the place, but the assemblage of the elect, that I call the Church”(Stromata, 7.5, ca. AD 220).
For Clement, the “assemblage of the elect” meant those “summoned”or called by God in Christ (cf. 1 Pet 1:1-2).

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Pope to gay sex abuse victim: 'God loves you' 7 hr Magic Utah Uwear 8
News Pope Francis reportedly tells gay man: 'God mad... 17 hr Magic Utah Uwear 8
News God made you gay' pope tells victim of clergy s... May 22 Hahahlolahah 6
News United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) May 19 Married in 10,772
News What Pope Francis and Obama may talk about (Sep '15) May 8 Serial deserters 54
News Alfie Evans' dad meets POPE to plead for asylum... Apr 24 C Kersey 1
News Pope writes Chile's bishops after receiving sex... Apr '18 Wisdom of Ages 1